Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,906 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 15 hours, 45 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,951 through 11,000 (of 35,392 total)

• Hi Sym.. sounds like a lovely day . .. all finished off with that nice steak dinner and pudding…

First Liquid day although with milk. Mr Pips settled down on the sofa with me. .. He must be tired no food and normal exercise.

Trouble is I have to keep disturbing him for the loo. Must be losing lbs or ounces . Lolol.

Take care tomorrow both … journey home. Xxx

Lynne … bless you. Xx I have to say not all would cope like you do so wonderfully. Done without a thought that’s true love I am sure Lynne. Xx

So glad you have joined us Lynne … for us and you of course.

Hope our Aud and Ginette are doing ok. Xx

Nice Chinese meal but didn’t touch the rice, probably made up for it in other ways though. Tomorrow will be keeping it very low during the day to address tonight but having steak tomorrow. This is very rare for us 3/4 times a year max.

Hemmy my SMALL wine tonight was BIG from the perspective of anyone else….hope Mr P on the mend. Is he a spaniel? You may have said so but for some reason I always imagine all dogs I read about to be spaniels. I imagine Mr P as liver and white. I am probably totally wrong. i imagined Kay’s Ellie as a spaniel too for no good reason but she is a shar pei. Very interested in dog breeds.

Have a good evening everyone xx

Sarah … well done with the wine. You made up for it with the rice. Xx

Yes you guessed right .. Mr Pips … is a liver and white springer spaniel . Loved to death. lol. Xxxx

Hemmy, you may have mentioned it and that is why it was ‘guessed’ correctly. Anyway now I can visualise him running happily across the fields looking for dead things to consume. Ours, Gretel, is the worst on any beach walk, nose to the ground searching frantically for decaying matter or the remnants of picnics while other dogs frolic at the shore. Very embarrassing sometimes. Night night xx

Just finished the day with a whisky and a bag of crisps…wine unopened…enjoyed, the days finished.

Traveling tomorrow so no lunch for us but I think we will have an Indian to finish our weekend…fasting Sunday…

Lots of nice reading these last few days….glad we help each other in all directions..

Night night. Xx

Good morning F B Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Early up today.. slept well surprisingly .. pleased my boy was ok last night.

Well so strange but I have heard others say after just have the liquid yesterday .. I don’t feel at all hungry this morning. Will try to wait now till Kristy and Mum are here at lunchtime.

Just weighed and have lost 1 lb… so 4 lbs to goal. May be difficult though to keep on even keel with Kristy around. Lol. Very good at saying ” do you fancy cheese and biscuits. Lol.

Have a good and happy Saturday Girls… sunshine forecast for most. Xx

Brit lovelies…Sometimes the best way to be happy is to learn to let go of things you tried hard to hold on to… Xx

Morning All..

A beautiful blue sky here 5 days late…lol…we have had a lovely time…although the time keeping has a lot to be desired …lol…we are always on the dot!

Hemmy..
    Glad the boy is much better and made you give a liquid day a go…sounds as it went well…have a good day with Mum and Kirsty….

1 lb off well done…shall we hold hands to goal 4 lbs each to go…πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈThen πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒAudrey dance…lol

Daughter coming for a brew and we will be off about 10 if not before…

Have a good day everybody

Speak later

Jean x

Morning all
    Hemmy, very pleased mr P ok and well done on the pound off! Glad the liquid only was fine. It is no worse is it than eating 500 cals. Great idea to extend it to lunch.

Jean and Hemmy, both 4lbs left to go, well done to you both. That is sooo close. So good for the reat of us to see you with the end goal just around the corner. Very happy for both of you.

Jean, safe journey home today.

Well i can see the sun through the shutters already. We are not doing much, just off to the forest again with our dog and our granddog, may see a film tonight then steak.

Jean can I just check your steak recipe – marinate in worcestershire sauce 5 mins a side, cook in a lot of butter, rest after. Is that about right? Thought i would give it a go.

Minols hope your weekend less stressful than your week.

Have a good weekend everyone whatever you are doing xx

Jean – steak sounds fantastic! And Sarah – swapping the rice for wine sounds an absolutely ideal compromise to me! Full approval.
    Hemmy – well done on a further 1lb off! Great news to start the weekend with.
    Lynne – well done on your 3 fasts this week. That porridge will taste so much better as a result, enjoy it!

Stuck to my (premeasured) allowance of gin last night and had a great time with friends. Successful FD. Weighed this morning and down again on the scale, woohoo! Total 6lb down since starting 1 March. Gunning for a further 4lb in the next three weeks. Fingers crossed!

Weather is supposed to stay gloriously sunny all day – at last. Having a friend over for breakfast to join me with my famous Porridge-with-all-the-toppings and revising together (first exam of final year next week, eek!). Then heading out to the beach all afternoon to soak up some sun and get some fresh air in this beautiful weather. We have a wonderful pancake cafe in mind for lunch…

Morning everyone

Hemmy, nice to hear that Mr Pips is back to full health and that the liquid fast yesterday was a success. I strangely find them much easier than trying to limit my food on a FD. It’s great that you’re so close to goal, good luck with keeping the 1lb off and steer clear of the cheese and biscuits.

Jean, safe travels for you and Steve. You and Hemmy will soon be able to share your maintenance tips with us.

Endellion, well done staying in control of the G&T last night (are your sure you’re a student, this doesn’t sound like usual behaviour). The weather here looks good for the weekend, but not sure I’m up for a trip to the beach yet.

Not had my porridge yet, been busy with usual house stuff, but won’t be holding out much longer. Going to really indulge and add some cream once it’s cooled, and maybe some berries.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Lynne x

Sarah..

Worcester or soy sauce both sides, I also put black pepper and garlic salt both sides leave for an hour at room temperature.

Start hot pan, a little veg oil, seal both sides then medium temperature add butter 3oz and start spooning over all the time, turning every 5 mins or so..

My medium to well.. 15/20 mins

Rest 5 mins on hot plate… enjoy

I am in car catch everyone later lol

Xx

Thanks Jean. Going to do that tonight. Safe journey xx

Evening All…

All back safe and sound…what a lovely evening not cold at all…

Just had my chicken tikka masala with brown rice and Rioja oh goodness it did hit the spot….considering I never liked curry never mind making it….I have been looking forward to it all week….we never did lunch today…

Sarah …
    Hope the steak turned out well…have a lovely evening..

End…
    Hope all the revision is going well…I know how stressful it is ….having two daughters gone through it many years ago…

Hemmy..
    Hope your day’s going lovely with family around you…my daughters coming up to see me tomorrow..

Watching a film tonight…Manchester by the sea….

Jean x

Lynne – porridge with cream sounds like absolute heaven! Gonna add that to my list for sure. If it restores your faith in students I will be going out four nights on the trot this week haha. So it was worth taking it a bit easy last night.

Thank you Jean – just a question of keeping plodding on but also taking plenty of breaks. Manchester by the Sea is fabulous! Emotional rollercoaster but a great film. Hope you enjoy!

Needed today’s seaside escape more than anything to clear my head, as I could feel myself burning out from working so hard recently. I had the best time, sharing cheesy chips with my friend for lunch with a cider on the beach. Even had my first sea swim of the year! And finished off the afternoon with an ice cream too – very grateful my TDEE is quite high at 2300 and I can get away with it on my NFDs.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend so far x

Oh dear..the bottle of Rioja finished blxxdy good…fasting now!

A Christmas present πŸŽ…πŸΌ

A good way to finish a break…lol

Are you being good Hemmy?

Xx

End…

OMG…SWIMMING IN THE SEA in March….I have just noticed what you said…..if that doesn’t clear your head nothing will…lol

Cider and cheesy chips go for it girl and enjoy..you deserve it…and an ice cream I am now jealous…I asked Steve if he wanted ice cream after his curry but he declined so we didn’t ….☹️

Jean x

End, I was a bit worried that you had your priorities wrong! My daughter’s in uni and I was about to give her a hard time about how much she goes out. By the way, do you know that a) We are in Britain? b) It’s March, so unless you are taking part in some crazy initiation ceremony why are you in the sea? c) You can swim in heated indoor pools? Going to the beach is one thing, going in the sea is quite another.

Jean, I’ve succumbed to a couple of sherries (literally) tonight. Just decided I needed to relax a bit and stop worrying about the weight loss. I by-passed the wine and the gin and settled for the sherry, must be my guilty pleasure. Glad you’ve got home safe and sound.

Sarah, hope the steak was as good as the recipe sounds, must try that sometime.

Sunday lunch for us tomorrow, not the usual at all. Not quite sure how I managed to get talked into this on Mother’s Day, but I’m sure we will all enjoy it.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Evening all

Jean, Lynne the steak was really lovely! I didn’t marinate for the hour because we went to see a film and not back til 8.30 so it was a quick 15 mins marinade but gorgeous. Will do for the whole time next time.

Jean, thanks for the recipe and please you are home. Re Abergavenny, long time no see. Went a couple of times when we lived in the midlands. We will be in Aberrystwyth In May for niece’s final year show. She is an art student at the uni.

Lynne, good for you. Very partial to a dry sherry or two. You are so right not worrying for the odd day is good and I believe actually helps.

Hope you enjoyed Manchester by the Sea Jean. We have missed it annoyingly but have heard excellent. We saw Salesman tonight which we both thought superb. One of the best films we have seen for ages. Set in Iran in subtitles. A focus on an incident and the repercussions. A little situation if you like but dealing with those massive themes of revenge and forgiveness amd salvation or not. It won a lot of awards in Cannes and I can see why. Totally brilliant.

Ende we are heading to the coast tomorrow en masse with children and dogs for mothers’ day. Will hit the beach and nice beach cafe there. I will NOT be going in! Good grief you are made of sterner stuff than me. I went in off hove beach last August and thought I was intrepid!

All this talk of porridge. I love it made with full fat milk and maple syrup but have pretty well given it up for the mo. If I eat at breakfast it wakes the hunger dragon.

Hemmy, hope you have had a good day with Kristy and your mum and maybe a SMALL glass of wine.

Sleep well everyone xx

Morning All…

A beautiful morning here..a lovely noisy singing blackbird woke Steve up for the start of F1 at 6 am so he was very pleased…maybe the one who asks for food each day…lol…l slept through of course…

A FD for us today as the start of our week….my daughter is calling by pm for coffee ( she knows we are fasting)…..in case she brought cakes…

Sarah..
    I am pleased you liked the steak, I sometimes only do for 15 mins but anything up to an hour….it has to be at room temperature that is more important.

If you like Chicken Tikka Masala Curry, Pataks recipe, using their Tikka Masala paste ( recipe on jar) , I also throw in a green chilli …I usually do 1 chicken breast chopped into small pieces and make the curry for 4 people, ( only 2 of us) there’s usually a bit left but we like a lot of the sauce. It’s to die for.πŸ˜‚

We didn’t watch the Manchester film it kept buffing…we found and watched Stephen Hawkins, it was worth a watch but went a bit technical at times..what a clever person he is…he was only given two years to live at 20 he is now 72.

Lynne..
    A whole bottle of wine between us…oh it was good….we were so good while away, line drawn now another week and hopefully another pound off….

Hemmy..
    Hope your weekend is going good and you are spoiling each other…and the boy is ok now..

Minols..
    These Sundays come around quick… have a good Mothering Sunday…..

Kay..
    Thinking of you hope you are OK

Look after your Mums today…you miss them when they are gone………..I still have lovely memories ❀️

Jean x

Good morning /after noon… FB friends. Xx

Beautiful day really warm in the garden… have the 4-6 hour beef in the oven on No 1..

With sliced onion… garlic.. rosemary sprig… rubbed in mustard 1 oxo cube .. 2 glasses of wine. covered in foil. The gravy is fantastic…

Will serve with roasties. Yorkshire.. cauliflower cheese and brocholi. .. Raspberry trifle.

So thrilled this morning same weight as yesterday after the fast fri. Last night had 2 big glasses of wine … was SOOOOO tempted to have crisps and chocolate. like per usual with wine. But thought know you have the wine instead not both.
    Kristy couldn’t believe it… At long last I think my mind has got it at last girls. Lolol

Years ago I read Joan Collins in an interview said … she told herself that it was either sweets or wine but not the two. She chose wine/champagne.

My beautiful Mr P is back to normal… just going to do the chicken and rice again today.to be sure. Shame as he likes his Sunday roast. Bless him.

Everyone sounds perky … Enjoy this glorious day all… Xx

Brit lovelies..
    .Don’t worry about yesterday or last month. Today is a new day, so renew your mind this morning. Be positive and start fresh. Xx

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY

Hi having been posting much, but am still reading, haven’t been doing any fasting, will try again tomorrow, but if it’s another fail i think I will leave it till I have my holiday, have a little break and then get back to it.

I am glad to see that our resident hedgehog is up and about again, we have a house for him/her and feed box, I invested in a trail camera last year so we could see what was going on, and it’s great, I do wonder if there are 2, but can’t find a way of recognising an individual, of cause we are hoping for babies 😊.

Have a lovely day all, I got treated to breakfast in bed and now have a huge bar of dairy milk and a packet of Mars bar bites, oh well we all have to make sacrifices πŸ˜‰

Tammy xxx

Happy (Mothering) Sunday all! Beautiful weather down here in the South West again!

I find swimming in the UK a mental thing – mental in that yes, I am a bit mad. But also mental in the, it’s-never-as-bad-as-you-think way. Maybe it’s because I’ve got relatives in Tyneside who swim every New Year’s Day, so perhaps it’s in my blood!

Sounds like everyone had a lovely Saturday, enjoying wines and sherries. Guilt-free it should be too – that’s what’s so great about 5:2. “Saving up” on FDs to then really enjoy it another day.

Taking another day off from uni work today. This term has been absolutely manic and I really need another mindless and restful day. FD for me too – will be taking a stir fry out of the freezer that I made earlier in the week. Under 500 calories and so satisfying. Maybe a walk outside today and a (black) coffee in the sun…

Hi All…

Beautiful here. Had a lovely afternoon with daughter everyone else stayed at home so it was lovely chatting with no one butting in…lol

Hemmy…
    The beef sounds really wonderful my mouth watering on a FD…ummm and trifle..

Tammy..
    How wonderful having a resident hedgehog, they say they are declining….you may get babies..

End..
    Enjoy your day…our fasting going well getting a bit hungry now….having boiled eggs tonight just away from the usual salad…three FD’s again this week…enjoy your stir fry, sounds better than eggs but easy today.

Panic Panic…I have loads of green fly on my chives I have put it outside, sprayed with soapy water as my daughter advised…it starts putting me off gardening…my other 4 herbs are back inside…lol

Jean x

Evening everyone

We had such a lovely day today in the sun on the beach with the boys and the dogs. Weather was really warm until about 5.30. We were treated to lunch by my daughter and hubby. I had a lovely squash and goats cheese salad amd resisted ice cream later. That would have been all good except I really tucked into my OH’s chips. I ate at least half of a big portion. Annoyed with myself. Fasting tomorrow!!

Jean, I do like chicken tikka masala…..glad you enjoyed your chat with your daughter, mums and daughters, how the years go by too quickly. Thought of my mum today as I am sure many of us did.

Hemmy your beef and lunch overall sounds wonderful. I love all of those things esp raspberry trifel. Glad Mr Pips all better.

Tammy resident hedgehog, wow very exciting.

Ende hope you have enjoyed your little break, a vital part of the studying process.

Have a good evening everyone xx

Does Irish count? Next door neighbours after all! Let’s not mention Brexit! Could do with the support of other people – just on my Day 1.

Welcome Gemma of course Irish counts but actually none of us named the thread and we are pleased to have everyone and anyone here. We are all at different stages of our journey on 5/2 and there is a lot of advice, support and encouragement, so please just ask for what you need.

Good luck over the coming week. Bear in mind it gets a lot easier as time goes on and it might not be fast but it really does work and is sustainable for the future.

Thank you so much! Actually Irish living in sunny California for 12 months – 9 of these completed, so just a few months to go before I get to Irish soil again! Starting this diet today whilst on holidays for the week in San Francisco – I know it might seem like an insane idea, but I think this is the time I am adding weight to my weight, so in my mind no time like the present.

Good morning lovelies, hope your all doing well and had nice relaxing weekends.

I had a lovely weekend .. the weather was gorgeous, and I spent most of it outside! I just love being outside! I didn’t want this weekend to end, and cant believe I’m back at work already πŸ™

I did eat well the last few days, although don’t think I went too overboard. I did have wine!!

I’m fasting today, and actually looking forward to not having to worry about food until later πŸ™‚

I’m off tomorrow, having my hair done in the morning, and then seeing my son in the afternoon. I may not get time to post tomorrow, but look forward to reading the posts on Wednesday πŸ™‚

Stay strong everyone, have a great day πŸ™‚ xx

Morning All..
    A dreary start but hope the day progresses to a sunny day…

We had a really good FD yesterday first one of the week. Porridge for a change this morning trying to shake the food up…

Gemma…
    Welcome to our group hope you keep with us…just ask if you need help. Sunny California how lovely your time difference must be at least 9 hours behind, you will be tucked up in bed now. My daughter lives in Louisiana so I know how fattening American food is…although you are probably in the healthy State…lol

Starting a FD on a Monday and on holiday great determination or mad..lol. Have a lovely holiday.😎

DF…
    A Monday work day, I don’t envy you…..Have a great day tomorrow getting pampered and then seeing your son…have a lovely time.

Sarah…
    A day on the beach how fantastic so early in the season…and a lovely lunch too..enjoy..never mind the chips….only half a portion…πŸ˜€

Hemmy..
    Hope your day went well yesterday with Mum and Kirsty..

Have a good day fasters…I feel strange not being with you….but needs must to three days for us…

Jean x

Good morning ladies,

The madness of the last couple of weeks has ended and I’m now back with you all.
    Fasting today.
    I haven’t weighed since Friday when I had maintained from the previous week…. but it’s been a bad weekend at the hen weekend.

Hope you’re all OK? I’ve missed so much and not had time to read everything sorry. xx

Morning all

I just seem to get on here at the weekends, but that must mean I am having fun lol. Someone at work tells me off for wishing the weeks away but I can’t help it I just love my weekends.

My little boy got upset last night as he didn’t think he had made Mother’s Day special for me, that’s the downside of single parenting I guess. Luckily the school do a shop before days like that where kids can spend Β£2 choosing a gift and have it wrapped up too. It was a lovely day though, watched his football match then had a walk in the sunshine & my mum came over for roast chicken for tea.

Had some nice meals this weekend, and of course wine but didn’t have breakfast or lunch either day so nowhere near over my calories each day.

Weighed in today and 2.5 pounds lighter than last week so really pleased πŸ™‚

Fasting today and must do some shopping tonight as the fridge & cupboards are looking very bare!

Welcome back gotto, was the hen weekend fun?

Have a great day all. Clare x

Hi All – wasn’t it a lovely weekend! Got lots of wee domestic type things ticked off…not so anyone else would notice, but I know that quite of few of my drawers are now konmari-ed, and I know that the ironing pile no longer exists! Meanwhile, despite being the dullest creatures of habit, we went to a different cafΓ© for morning tea on Saturday, and liked it so much we went back on Sunday…fantastic real bacon rolls! So now that will become our new regular haunt, and Costa’s profit margins will plummet!

So today, I’m assuming there’s a Monday Mass Fast happening…or is it just me? Just hit the seaweed hard, having spent the morning growling at our sound system (local school practicing for their Easter story-telling, and I so want them to be heard…and right now they are so NOT going to be heard!). Scales are moving a bit for me at the moment…unfortunately it’s only to bounce up or down a lb from the static position they’ve held for weeks. When they bounce down, I get exited, when they bounce up I get morose!

BTW – never would have pegged Ellie as shar pei – always imagined her as lab or retriever! Mr Pips I thought possible King Charles, so not too far wrong! Glad he’s feeling better. Our boys throw up so regularly I never think about it twice, except to check the boy isn’t within hearing distance when I start to swear!

Hope all are doing well – fasting or not.

Mx

Angela…
    Glad to have you back has work all quietened down…and I think you said two hens…hope it was all good fun…missed you about..

Clare..
    As a single parent you always seem busy and having fun..that’s all good….nice the school covers special things…that’s one I will tell my daughter who is a teacher she is always open to new ideas.

Well done on your 2 1/2 pounds off, when so busy….

A few missing…
    Vi, Carol, Lynda, Kay, Minols, Lynne hope you are all OK…Audrey, Ginette and Celtic thinking of you too…..sorry if I have missed anyone…

I think the suns is breaking through, an outside day grass and car clean I think…Sirs playing motorbikes in garage!!

Jean x

PS…Minols your ears burning…our posts crossed ..lol…you do like your bacon butties..

Hi FB Brits hope all is well with you. Xxxx

What a lovely week- end. Cloudy here today.

Well done Clare on your 2.5 loss that is so brilliant. A nice start to the week. Xx

Welcome Gemma … good luck with this way of life … shout if you need help. Xx

Busy week girls so will only be popping in. Fasting Wed and Fri.

Have a good day all

Brit lovelies ..

forget the mistakes of the past
    and press on to the greater achievements of the future Xx

HI Clare – thought I’d swap Mother’s Day card stories…the boy popped up with the card he’d made at school, and I swear it was a 3d model of a toilet. Actually, it was part of an egg box stuck to a card with a teabag in it and it was supposed to represent him bringing me a cup of tea in bed! Oc course, one of the best things about mother’s day this year is that it coincided with the clocks changing. I woke up early (work, don’t you know!) and no-one else did, so I got to make myself a cup of good coffee (not tea, Mrs Birt!), and sit quietly watching the news in peace. Then when I heard stirring upstairs, I ran up and dived into bed ready to receive my mini cardboard toilet/cuppa!

Mx

Minols….
    I laughted at that…children are so funny….

My Mother’s Day story..
    Walking in Abergavenny, daughter rang from the States on FaceTime, showing her the street where we were walking, beautiful hills, a lovely flower shop…she misses it greatly…I saw on the shop window ‘Remember Mothers Day’…I walked so she could read it…without saying anything…Her face dropped…oooh….I was only winding her up as I have American Mother’s Day in June…she has no cards till then…lol…I was teasing her…πŸ˜‚

Just been chatting to her for 45 mins, her morning brew and my afternoon cuppa….it’s worth every bit of Mother’s Day.

I got the car washed…..grass cut tomorrow ….I have talked too much…lol

Hope all the fasters are on track….time ticking on now…

We are fasting tomorrow..

Jean x

Evening all

Nice to hear everyone’s mother day experiences. Clare maybe your mum could help organise it for your son for next year. It is tough as a single parent on these occasions as there is no one to help the child.

Angela, nice to have you back online. Hope the hen dos were worth it and happily back to body planning for St Lucia now.

Kay hope you are ok and just busy rather than dealing with very difficutt stuff.

So have been fasting today, not really hungry all day but i am now.

Minols, could definitely go a bacon roll from anywhere at the moment. I know this feeling will pass though and I won’t be late in bed….

Well done Clare on your 2.5lb loss. Fantastic.

uhm, I’m not sure if the hen dos were worth it, I haven’t dared weigh yet. I am far too old for that sort of malarkey though I’ve realised!! Hahaha. Not much eating but way too much alcohol. Work is still busy but should be calmer next week, and I’m managing to fast today. About to have my tea. Might weigh 1st and see how bad it is…. eeeeek. xx

Sorry Clare missed your loss as I was skimming through. Very good! 2.5lbs is going it some!

Angela, NEVER too old for malarky! Good luck with the scales….

Just getting in. Done the boy’s story and should have finished eating for the day. Might sneak one bit of chocolate with my cup of tea before bed.

I did some baking at the weekend, and I’d grabbed some ‘chocolate flavoured covering just in case I needed it…horrible tasting stuff and din’t need it, but found myself eating some of it last night – all sugar and palm oil, as addictive as you can get. Earlier today I unwrapped the bloc and threw it into the outside bin. Rather waste the money than risk eating the whole bloc!

Hoping for an early night tonight – hope it’s all gone well everyone.

Mx

OK, so I’m 1lb up from Friday morning, and a total now of 1.5lb up from my weigh in 2 weeks ago before life took hold. I guess it could and should have been worse.

My target this week is to lose this 1.5lb. I’ve no social engagements and I don’t fancy any alcohol for a bit πŸ˜† xx

Minols that card sounds brilliant- definitely one to keep! Other than losing an hour my Mother’s Day was just fine, my boy is just a sensitive little thing that worries about everything!

Nearly bedtime about to have my milk & honey – you have converted me lol & I’m definitely sleeping better.

Night all, tomorrow we can eat x

Morning all,

Yippeeee, 1lb has gone so now I’m only up 0.5lb from before the craziness. I’m 11st 1lb this morning. Do we reckon I can end the week weighing 10st something? Next fast is on Thursday.

Miserable grey morning here. Where’s the sunshine gone?!

xx

Morning all

Angela, we do! You are really back on track after your tough couple of weeks. Very limited damage though. Remind me how much more to your goal?

Minols, well done on chucking that chocolate bloc. Better in the bin than on your hips. I laughed that you made sure with the outside bin!

Hope everyone fasting finished ok yesterday. I found it ok really. Mondays LF are very usually easier for me than Thursdays.

Plan on keeping it very low these next weekdays as I did last Tuesday and Wednesday. So today I have had a smallish piece of peanut butter on toast and won’t eat again (I hope) til a very restrained dinner tonight then dinner only on Weds. And on Thursday 500 cals or under evening meal only. It worked last week so trying to recreate it and see what the results are on Friday.

Good luck to anyone fasting today. Stay strong guys!

Quick check in…..FD today….need to get back in control..

Off to work.

Job ok so far. Neils mum has recovered and is getting on fine. Ellie is getting tired when we walk her, but otherwise ok, check up on Friday. Unfortunately my mum is in heart failure, but hopefully tests this week will give us more information and a plan for treatment.

Hope everyone is ok.

More later x

Kay, lovely to hear from you. Sorry you’re having a bit if a rough time of it at the moment. Good luck for today’s fast.

Sarah, my goal was to 10st 5lb but I’ll be happy with 10st 7lb for now. My longer term goal is 9st something. I haven’t really set that yet. I’m really pleased with the limited damage from the last couple of weeks. Although the food has not been good, it’s not been alot. My appetite really has shrunk now.
    It sounds as though you’re really in control. How did you do on last week’s weigh in? xx

Angela, you’re doing really well with only 7/8 lbs to interim goal at least. It goes to show just how flexible this is that you can incoporate two highly social and travel weeks.

I lost 2lbs last week which I was pleased with as things have tailed down to the extent that 1lb a week is what I hope for. It also took me to under a stone to lose which felt like a bit of a turning point. I have two short holidays coming up in June plus my birthday so I would love to be there or very close by then.

Kay, great to hear from you. Thinking of you.

Excellent news on the 2lb loss. I’m pleased it’s moving in the right direction for you.
    I have 6 weeks to lose that 8lb. We’ll see but after my wobble after a few weeks when I didn’t think I was losing it fast enough, I’very settled into this as a WOL and I know of I stick with it it will come off.

xx

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you. Xx

Hopefully another sunny warm day.

Kay.. glad to see you here… and that things are sorting out a bit for you. One of My neighbours was diagnosed with Heart Failure a couple of years ago. Was sorted out with Warfarin and is brilliant. Xx

Sarah … Brilliant news losing 2 lbs. Keep those nuts in the freezer. Lol Say “nuts ” to them. You will be fine for your hols . Xx

Angela .. well done on your 1lb a grand achievement especially with your travels. Xx

Sym and Steve have a good fasting day. Me tomorrow. Xx

Hope you have a good day all. Xx

Brit lovelies…

“The biggest seller is cookbooks and the second is diet booksβ€”how not to eat what you’ve just learned how to cook.” Lolol So true. Xxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 10,951 through 11,000 (of 35,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply.