Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,909 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 1 hour, 43 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,901 through 10,950 (of 35,396 total)

• Hemmy, lol this will seriously been the only time in my entire life when I have been credited with helping someone to drink less. I am the worst ever encourager usually. Good for you!

Jean, glad the day turned out well…oooh sausage rolls…

Angela, everyone has the odd blip week when it is just impossible to go along with the WOL. Enjoy it though. Next week will come soon enough.

Kept it quite low today, not bad.

Night night all xx

Hello, I’m usually a contributor to the Southern Hemisphere forum, but I just wanted to tell you we’re thinking of you down under, and hope you and your loved ones are OK.

Ljoyce, thank you for popping by. The news is dreadful. It doesn’t help those personally affected but we can only be grateful that the carnage was not so widespread as in the recent devastating attacks in Paris and Nice. What happened certainly bring a sense of vulnerability to those of us who live or work in London.

Morning everyone. Fasting today but I might eat salmon and broccoli tonight instead of liquid only. Not sure yet. Have a good day all.

Morning all

Fasting today, think it will be a lazy omelette & salad for tea tonight and soup for lunch.

Popped in on mum last night & she said she had started 5-2 after I saw her last week so fingers crossed she gets on as well with it as I have.

Need to get up and get sorted, have a good day all. Clare x

Thank you so much LJoyce! Its heart-breaking for those affected πŸ™ Such a huge worry.

Third FD of the week for me. Tired with work and the commute too and from the place. Its draining and fasting is always harder when I’m tired. I’m determined to do it though πŸ™‚

Frustrated with my scales .. I get a loss then a 1lb gain, a loss then a 1lb gain .. I really need to start weighing once a week at the same time, if I don’t I just end up frustrated with the whole thing.

Have a great day everyone, stay strong xx

DF don’t lose heart because of the scales. Those fluctuations are inevitable, seeing them can be demotivating.

Weighing once a week, the morning after your final fast day should give your best and most consistent reading. If you think that is too easy on yourself you can always weigh at other times close to target and adjust your end goal by a pound or two.

Three FDs is hardcore. Not sure I could do that for long. Take care.

Thanks Sarah, your right, I’ll do that from next week. Weigh after my final fast of the week, and use that as my official weight.

Three fast days is hard to be honest, I’m planning to do it for a few weeks and then go back to two days, which for me is more do-able.

Have a good day xx

Morning All…

All very sad times again, LJoyce thanks for your thoughts from such a long way a way..how we are going to stop this I don’t know it will go on for a long time..our thoughts go out to all it has touched..πŸ’•..be safe everybody…

Our third fast of the week..it has been OK better than I thought…yesterday wasn’t good it came 200 cals above TDEE …STEPHEN ! and his pies and sausage rolls they really jump the calories without thinking without anything being eaten…

DF…..
    If you are fasting split the days you will find it easier…and get longer fasts between……three together must be hard going…

Sarah…
    We are with you today….scales tomorrow for us…😬

Clare…
    Hope your Mum joins us..it’s nice when you spread the news…

Hemmy..
    I feel we let ourselves down yesterday ..I should of pullled back, hard when doing a snack meal with daughter here, a bit of this and that….lol….must be strong today……….a good eating day for you…

Jean x

Morning everyone! Thank you for your warm welcome πŸ™‚

Non fast day for me today – yippee! I love how I feel I can justify taking more time and care over my meals on NFDs. Just finished my breakfast of toast with sweet chilli mackerel and a poached egg, then some mango. Lunch is going to be roasted butternut squash, sausage and feta pasta. Hopefully will get some nice photos of it for the blog!

FD yesterday went far better than anticipated – casual birthday cocktails out for one of my housemates so made a big batch of soup up for a calorie light dinner. In the end it was just a quiet one and we only had one cocktail so I reckon I didn’t exceed the 500 calories. Success!

Dragon Fly – don’t get too down about the scales. Fluctuations are totally normal especially over the course of a few days. It’s more important to get a general trend over a few weeks. Keep going – you’re doing great! Sarah’s suggestion of same time every week will probably help with consistency too.

x

Endellion…

Look forward to your meal very different to what we eat…lol..enjoy your eating day….you did well on the birthday bash on a FD..

FD for us got to be strong today as with family and things get tempting although they have been told no eating today!

They are cooking us a steak meal tomorrow night…we have actually booked the extra day to make sure we have it Friday after weigh in! Cost us another night but I thought it was worth it…πŸ˜€

Jean x

Welcome Endellion, cocktails on a FD takes amazing self control.

Weigh in on Tuesday was not good – 3lb on. Quite frustrated as apart from one take away I’ve had a good week. I’m now taking so many supplements to help with my thyroid that I’m beginning to rattle, but hoping they do the trick. Need to be watchful with the iron tablets as tend to always have a slow digestive system and these will only make it even slower.

Bit of a stressful week. Phil had another fall early hours of Tuesday morning so getting up at 3am and waiting 90 minutes for help to get him up not the best way to start a FD, it was even longer than usual. He’s also seen his neurosurgeon and had the protective pad removed from his head (not expecting that) which means he’s even more vulnerable if he falls.

I’ve had to cancel carers for the week and have asked social worker for 2 carers so he feels more stable. Physio coming out tomorrow and possibly OT in the next few days as I think we need to consider a hoist now to keep him safe when moving around. Not sure where we’ll put it though.

I know stress can adversely affect weight loss, but have to keep going to be fit enough to care for Phil.

2 good liquid fasts have moved 3lb so far this week, so hopefully I’ve turned a corner. Careful week now needed, but unusually for us having Sunday lunch this week and may indulge in some apple crumble. I know I’ve given up sugar for Lent but it is Mother’s Day!

Jean, good luck in Swindon today. Are you going to the factory outlet? I haven’t been there for years, but always found some good bargains.

DF, don’t let the number on the scales get you down. Good luck with the weekly weigh in.

Hope everyone is doing well, just about to break my fast with porridge and coffee then a controlled day for me.

Take care Lynne x

Hi All – glad everyone’s checked in and we know all are safe…

Lynne – thinking of you and all you have responsibility for…take care, my dear.

Tammy – read back on what I missed yesterday…congratulations – what a wonderful windfall, however much it is!

Sarah – joined you with chicken kiev last night – love garlic!

So today is a FD – and very different from Monday’s. Really not feeling up for this. Have some in-built distractions, but feeling the backwash of the adrenaline of the last 36 hours, I think. I’m going to opt for Heck sausages and bacon at semi-regular intervals, which doesn’t feel much like fasting, but ticks the box when it comes to hitting 500 cals in a day. There’s a conference in the hall next to my office, and so far I’ve resisted all offers of biscuits and cake when they go on a break…must keep my fluids up, though, and get through this.

Like someone else (DF?) I had a sneak peak at the scales yesterday and today – yesterday 1 down, today 1 up on my static weight…pointless exercise!

Bovril bottle finished…goin to go back on the coffee.

Mx

Minols, stay strong! We can do this! Have to confess I’m struggling a tad myself today .. an hour at a time πŸ™‚ We’ve got this day DONE!

Its lunchtime for me and black coffee … tomorrow I can eat πŸ˜€

Lynne, sorry your weeks been stressful .. take time to take care of yourself too *hugs*

Endellion, thank you!! The support here means so much πŸ™‚ Hope your days going well. Sounds like you did great on your FD! Inspires me to push through today πŸ˜€

Jean, have a lovely day πŸ™‚ I agree that I should spread out the FD. B2B ones are so hard! I don’t know how I did 3 last week. This week I’ve done Mon/Wed/Thurs and its not easy at all!

Stay strong everyone, and have a great afternoon.

xx

I’ve a meeting about to start…that will get me through to dog-walking/school pick up, then we need to eat early for a Beaver commitment, then I’ve got a meeting…then just one hour to kill until bed-time…

You’re right, DF, we can do this!

Mx

Good afternoon F B Brits.. hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

A cloudy dull ole day has turned into sunshine this afternoon. Very welcome.

LJoyce … Thank you for your kind words. Its wonderful and reassuring we can all unite together all over the world in this awful sick sadness. Much appreciated. Xxxx

Busy day shopping .. a late start as nattering with another dog walker. Lol

Sarah .. Sym… 2 bottles dare I say of VERY SMALL bottles of wine from Aldi. Lol Β£1.39 each. Going to try to have just 1 bottle tonight wonder if it will even fill my wineglass. Lolol Will try to keep with the one anyway. Better not pour it till 9pm. Lolol Watch this space.

Hope all fasters are doing well not long to go now. Xx

FD to me tomorrow… Anyone else?

Brit Lovelies…

All that the spider needs to complete its web is step taking… same with us my friends. Xx

Afternoon All…

We have had a good FD kept off all the cakes in the most wonderful cafe…just had cup of tea…lol

Ham salad tonight then that’s us done for the day….

Lynne…
    Hope you have things in place for Phil a lot of falls recently …makes a stressful times…look after yourself as well…πŸ’•…thinking of you…

Swindon tomorrow too late for today…Abergavenny today a pretty place…

Minols…
    Hope you are staying strong today enjoy your sausages for tea…

DF…
    Keep strong nearly over…looking forward to our food tomorrow…

Hemmy…
    Β£1.39 for the wee bottles of Merlot maybe just enough..sip it..lol…maybe a sherry glass, then two glasses..lol…ours still unopened 🀞

Just bought some peanut crunchie butter from Holland and Barrett, nothing added tastes lovely…to the peanut butter lovers …What do you do with yours? …I have never ever had it …bought some oatcakes…maybe breakfast for a change..

Jean x

Jean…good bread/toast. Also really goo with chicken…look for satay recipes.

Hi DF…how’re you doing? Nearly there. I’M finished with eating…which feels a little early so need to be either on the move chauffeuring or sitting in a meeting if I’M going to get to bed-time. Lost track of other faster today…but good luck finishing if that’s you!

Mx

All finished here..a good day…kept busy not time to be hungry..πŸ˜€

Hoping our scales are kind in the morning…

Keep going fasters not long now..

Eat tomorrow πŸ˜€

Thanks Minols, I know I will have to measure a bit heavy on calories…if on bread/ toast would you butter and then peanut butter? I will look on line for satay recipes…

Jean x

Hi all

Going to have the salmon and broccoli before pilates. I figured if I hadn’t lost tomorrow morning amd had to have another FD then I wouldn’t be able to do a fast on top of a liquid fast. So I may join you Hemmy if the scales don’t say a pound off.

Minols well done on completing eating. Sounds as if you have a busy evening which should keep you safe. I am always thinking what time can I go to bed in fast days.

Hemmy, those little bottles sound great for you. And one at 9 great idea. As Jean says maybe a smaller wine glass needed. OH tells me radio 4 was broadcasting the fact that actually new medical research says
    a glass a day is very good for you. I thought of you. My word it put him in a happy mood. He tells me he is going to have a glass every night with dinner. This really breaks our weekend only rule but he is now thinking of wine in the same way as he does fish oil capsules – essential for heart health. I have to say he doesn’t over drink, but it is regular and will be more so now by the looks of it! He will have one or two but that is it. For me it is a different matter. I really try hard to avoid in the week but at weekends I so have to watch it. I really love the taste of alcohol esp wine. I think it is one of life’s real pleasures and there is a lot I would give up first before that. Keeping it controlled now is only about the calories nothing else. I have always been like it.

I remember being punished with no pocket money for weeks after I was caught drinking sherry out of a small barrel my parents used to keep in the garage. I had gradually drunk my way through most of it when I was caught. I was 8! Lol. Nothing’s changed! My dad actually took pity on me and let me off which was very unlike him. I think he saw me as a chip off the old block. LOL tmi – long time since I thought of that.

Jean, peanut butter one of my all time favourite foods. I like the smooth variety called Whole Earth but I would go with sunpat or pretty well anything. Unfortunately the only way I have it is on toast. I have not had anything else for breakfast for years. Apart from the odd fry up. I have heard people say you can put it on celery and oatcakes sound nice too. I do sometimes cook with it but mainly cookies as OH weirdly (loves peanuts) not keen. Maybe I should tell him it is essential for heart health!

Just listening about them raising the state pension age again to 68 or 70. i will be 66 when I get mine. Honestly I feel sorry that younger people may not be able to retire even if they are exhausted with work. I suppose auto enrolment will help but even so it doesn’t seem fair for people to have to work to that age if they don’t want to.

Kay if you are reading a bit, thinking of you.

Hope everyone else doing ok and fasters coming in to the stage where it is really not worth ruining the day.

Ps jean, no butter for me before peanut butter. Would be way too greasy. If you really want a sin which I guess i really shouldn’t say, put jam on over the top. I almost never do that now but it is totally divine to me.

I don’t think I could do jam on top…my face pulling at the thought….daughter said banana on top, I think I could do that…lol…so no butter!

Thanks for the thought..

Xx

Well it is lucky you don’t fancy the jam haha. I really dislike banana so I am safe from that option at least xx

Hi Girls. Xx

Sarah and Sym… opened the bottle at 5.30… just finished the 2nd one… Oh dear.

You know those Peeps that cant stop eating when they start well mine is wine. Lol

So can only buy 1 bottle… ( I knew that ) Lol. Bet you did too. Lolol

Think not only do I need to cut the amount but make it last longer. Lol

Funny thing is I can stop it altogether for days. A shame though as I do enjoy it in the evening.

I have to say .. only peanut butter on toast for me… with a bit of butter first. Lol.

Keep going fasters you can do it. Xxxx

Oh hemmy you do make me smile! I daren’t open a bottle when I am by myself so save for when the boyfriend is round – how much is in a small bottle out of interest?

Not much longer to go of the FD, went PokΓ©mon walking after school so not been home long. Will make my omelette soon then I’m going to give the honey & milk a try tonight.

Clare x

Hi all, Im still here πŸ˜‰

Things are a bit calmer but eating and drinking have been more on the side of feasting rather than fasting!
    Never mind, I’ll get back on it now.

Reading through your posts have given me a chuckle! Especially Hemmy and the wine!

Welcome Endellion πŸ™‚

Good luck to those weighing in tomorrow (Im going to skip a week) or fasting tomorrow.

Will post more fully tomorrow night.

Kay x

Kay, yay, we need another drinker around here.

Hemmy, LOL!!!!

Lynne, sorry missed your post earlier. It must be such a struggle and you seem to keep such a good equilibrium. I hope you get some helpful support soon. Don’t forget to try to take of you too.

Jean – I am a peanut butter addict! I love it on toast/oatcakes/biscuits with jam, with raspberries, and/or a dash of Choc Shot (it’s a “healthy” chocolate sauce that’s much lower in calories). I think it’s great on porridge too – I go all out and top mine with peanut butter, cinnamon, a square of very dark chocolate, banana, walnuts, honey, seeds (or sometimes all of the above, oops!). Enjoy your experimenting! You’re right that it is pretty calorie dense so I try to limit myself to a (very) heaped teaspoon, but that’s not say you won’t occasionally find me eating it straight out of the jar at 1am…

Clare – definitely try the honey and milk. I find it so soothing before bed.

Have enjoyed my NFD a lot today. Slightly over TDEE but I’ve been pretty active so not too worried. Finished off my day on Oppo ice cream – has anyone else tried this? It’s quite expensive full price but it’s 1/3 off in Co-op right now bringing it down to about Β£3 for the pint. This was my first try and I have to say the Salted Caramel is absolutely AMAZING! Did I mention it’s only 70 cal for 2 scoops too?! Completely stands up to regular full fat ice cream (if not better) and it’s got pretty reasonable ingredients too.

Good luck to Friday weighers-in!

x

Hi Girls. Xxxx

Clare… The small bottles from Aldi are Β£1.39 and they are bliming TINY…. The Blossom Hill ones from Tesco Β£1.75…. Local shop Β£1.99 but the other two looked much BIGGER. Lolol Will try on the week-end. Was hoping I would be able to buy a Big bottle and refill the SMALL. Can I be trusted though Clare.. what do you think. Lolol. Enjoy the milk and honey its lovely. Xx

Kay… so glad you are still around. Don’t worry about fasting at the moment have a break. Drink my wine quota and stay with us. Just have a rest and join in have a laugh at out efforts… fighting our individual demons.Lol

Hope things stay calmer now for you Kay … we love having you here. Xx

Hi Ende. Xx

Sounds like you like a bit of Peanut butter. Lol.

That ice cream sounds yummy .. love the Coop large salted caramel cakes.

Will check out that ice cream Thank you. Xx

Kay, great to hear from you and so glad things are a bit calmer.

Jean, my daughter eats peanut butter with a sliced apple for breakfast – I just eat it with a spoon from the jar! I love Abergavenny, we used to have a wonder around the market then a full English in a small cafΓ© if we fancied going for a bit of a drive.

Endellion, may have to take a trip to Co-op – purely for research purposes you understand.

Hemmy, interesting to see how the refilling of the small bottle goes, obviously tonight you had to engage in some quality control. I’m on a FD with you tomorrow.

Fasters, not long to go now, my turn tomorrow.

Lots of wine and peanut butter on the menu tonight….couldn’t do without my wine…mine still unopened..

Lots of ideas about the peanut butter will have to have a go in all directions, maybe even the jam! Just never tried it at all….I might regret it if I start having cravings I shall blame all the peanut butter freaks on here…lol…now ice cream…umm

Kay..
    Glad things are calming down now… nice to have you about again….

Weigh in tomorrow 😬

Jean x

Morning

2lbs down this week.

So happy and a bit amazed. Plus I don’t have to fast today. Yay! The overall stats are 34 pounds off, 13 to go. To have under a stone to lose feels like a turning point.

I think the difference has been freezing that bumper tub of salted nuts I kept dipping into and not snacking on NFDs.

Ende, I love your enthusiasm for peanut butter and porridge!

Jean, I hope you like it. It does have a few calories in it but it is really satisfying, good for you, and it doesn’t encourage me to pig out. It is a bit claggy so I never end up scoffing loads.

Good luck to anyone fasting or weighing today.

Hi everyone, fasters .. we did it! We can eat today πŸ˜€

I went slightly over my cals, but feel okay about it. I’m trying to put off eating as long as possible today but it will be nice to be able to have the option of lunch πŸ˜€

I’m so glad its Friday. Hope everyone has lots of nice things planned, even if its just chilling out!

Take care lovelies, stay strong if your fasting today, its just one day πŸ˜€

xx

Morning All..

I have lost 1 lb..Steve 1 lb on….I don’t know why as we eat the same, he pops on the scales before going to the loo, one weigh and that’s it…lol..that’s maybe the answer..

A early start off to Swindon ….a steak meal made for us tonight..

Sarah..
    Well done on the 2 lbs off, nice when not expected..πŸ˜€..under the stone to go you can see the finishing line.

DF..
    Keep going as long as you can…I shall be having my fruit soon, I am about ready to eat.

Have a lovely day speak later..

Jean x

Hi all, sorry didn’t comment yesterday my heads not in the game at the moment and it definitely has shown on the scales, how easy it goes back on 4lbs on this week eeek, really must try and get back to it next week, if not I recon that will be it till after my holiday, and if that happens who knows how much I will put on.

Well done Jean and Steve.

DF well done completing your 3 fasts.

Sorry there was loads of posts yesterday which I skimmed over, but haven’t taken enough in to comment on.

Have a good weekend

Tammy xxx

Sorry Sarah I missed your post, well done to you as well, 2lbs is great.

Tammy xxx

Good morning FB Friends hope all is well with you and yours.

Well Done Sarah on the 2lbs loss .. so thrilled for you. Into the lbs now instead of stones to get to goal. Keep it going now Sarah you can defiantly do this.

I think when you face up and admit to the things you overdo on .. that’s when it all works. Yay glad them ole nuts are away. Xx

Well done Sym… that’s brilliant another lb bites the dust. You are so good when you consider being away and all. Well deserved. Xx

Tammy … you will soon get that off again … you have a new place of work so that probably was quite stressful. Xx

DF… enjoy your day have some nice lunch. Xx

Lynne .. our turn today. Xx

Have my work cut out today… Mr Pips a bit poorly… woke to lots to clean thankfully on tiled floor … All bedding etc already in the wash. I will be so worried about him and wont like to eat with him having to have starvation day.

Hope everyone else is doing ok … have a good one all. Xx

Brit lovelies…

β€œIf you Don’t know where you going, look back and see where you have come from” Xx

Hemmy..
    Hope Mr Pips calms down, don’t worry too much… a quiet TLC day for him…

Jean x

Morning everyone

Sarah, 2lb loss means no FD for you today, and into the pounds. Hope this encourages you to push on.

Jean, 1lb loss, great news especially when ‘on the road’. Enjoy Swindon and the ‘magic roundabout’.

Tammy, that 4lb will come off quickly. I was 3lb up earlier this week and can see most of it has gone already. Not long now until holidays.

Hemmy, hope Mr Pips perks up soon. A quiet FD today but hopefully right for the weekend.

Good NFD for me yesterday. I’m lower today than I was this time last week, it was the weekend which seemed to cause the most gain, so hope to be back to losing on Tuesday weigh in.

Quiet day for me, waiting for Phil’s physio to arrive to discuss a hoist or see if she has any other ideas. Determined to keep today a liquid FD and not nick a chip from Phil or Rebecca tonight as Friday is usually chip shop tea for them.

Hope everyone has a good day

Lynne x

Morning all – woohoo it’s Friday!

A little peek at the scales after my fd shows I’ve lost 1 1/2 stone now, not sure I’ll keep it to that before official weigh in on Monday as lots of nice food planned this weekend, but if I keep going I’ll hopefully be into the 9’s for my birthday in May πŸ™‚

Well done Sarah, 2 lb is fab! Well done Jean too – enjoy your steak yum! DF you can eat again now come join me in some lovely food. Tammy I’m a big believer that your head has to be in it for you to lose weight, if you aren’t feeling it then maybe relaxing for a little while would do you good. Hemmy, poor Mr Pips try not to worry.

Good luck fasters, enjoy your food feasters πŸ˜‰

Clare x

Hi Girls xx

I am going or my first liquid diet today .. although it will just be hot milk and honey.

Had one will probably have another 2.

Hard going today I reckon. Mr Pips was so liquid he will have nothing for 24 hours… then little bits of chicken and rice. There is loads of dead stuff over the fields… what can you do.

Today… chasing and springing .. flushing out pheasant… looking for his usual treats. .. Nice cold nose…Good in one respect but its gonnna be a hard one. So not eating for me will be easy.

Well done Clare 1 1/2 stone that is brilliant… all worth it. Some weeks a hard slog but if we just keep doing what we have already done it goes bit by bit. Xx

Sym… a nice steak to look forward to tonight. Enjoy your day. Xx

Come on Lynne and anyone else we can do this… Together we a stronger. Xx

Some good losses, well done Jean and great news on your total loss Clare. Steve’s 1lb just a blip I am sure.

Hemmy, maybe Mr Pipps has scavenged something revolting. Our dog does that frequently with inevitable consequences. Hope he picks up after a day with no food.

Tammy, easy on, easy off. Good to get back in the zone before your holiday.

Lynne, yes thanks, pleased with 6lbs off in March. As I draw close to starting my 8th month I hope there is little chance of me not pushing on to the end and then further on into long term maintenance. Hope you manage to reverse that pesky 3lbs on from last week.

Sray strong guys.

Sarah.. Post same time as you. xx

Yes, my thoughts about picking something up … hopefully will be ok.. hard work in-between .. checking and little meals when he is hungry. Lol ( We know that feeling) lol.

Have a good day you must be feeling grand. Xx

Hemmy, yes poor Mr Pipps we can so relate! Wouldn’t mind a bit of chicken and rice myself haha. Yes thank you. It is amazing what a small drop can do. Lol. Xx

Sarah,, Lolol When you mentioned “small drop” why did I immediately think of those 2 very SMALL bottles. Lol

Lynne.. hope its going well for you. Only had 1 hot milk and 3 teas so far. My boy is watching me open that fridge like hawk. Lol.

Hope everyone is enjoying the day. Xx

Sarah – amazing loss, well done you! And Clare – fantastic news!

Caspdexy – don’t get too down about it. The main thing about 5:2 is the flexibility and being able to enjoy your food. So have a wonderful holiday! A week or two not following 5:2 isn’t really much at all in the grand scheme of things. Incorporating fasting into your life is more of a long term lifestyle change than a quick fix diet, so just try to keep that in mind πŸ™‚

Good luck with the liquid fast today Hemmy! It’s a FD for me today too – doing my usual of drinking a lot of water and tea til dinner time. Got my workout out of the way this morning while I was feeling fresh. I’m also meeting some friends later for drinks and since it’s BYOB, I’ve figured I can have up to 150ml gin there and still have a cauldron of homemade soup for dinner and stay under my calories. Luckily I love my G and T with diet tonic (love the ones with added lemon or lime), lots of ice and some fresh lemon. All of which adds no extra calories and tastes fabulous!

Glad to have inspired (or tempted…) with my passion for peanut butter!

x

Hemmy, LOL you are incorrigible. Love it! Xx

Ende, enjoy you evening esp your G&T

Everone else, have a good evening. Chinese takeaway at daughter’s tonight. Noooo to rice but yes to wine!

Well girls not long to go and we can eat something really nice tomoz.

Hard now with Mr Pips .. so active knows it should be dinner time. Just find the treat game at 7.30 to get over … Made FD easy for me today.

Ende… well done you … you sound like you have quickly worked this way of life out. … Probably your quick minded youth. Xx Enjoy that gin and tonic
    tonight you deserve it. Xx

Sarah… have a lovely evening at daughters… Chinese yummy. Enjoy the SMALL wine. Lol. Xx

Lynne hope you are doing ok… lots of pressure for you as well. You have my great admiration. Xx

Everyone else have a good evening.

Evening All…
    Back from a lovely evening with the girls cooked us a lovely steak meal and pudding with one wine…

Packing in the morning and you will have my full attention back home about 3 pm.

Lovely walk around the clothes outlet at Swindon, really nice just looking…then got stuck in traffic but that’s Wales for you…lol

Hoping Mr Pips has settled down and you Hemmy have finished your first liquid fast….

Sarah…
    A lovey Chinese tonight at daughters enjoy I hope and the wine…

End…
    Enjoy your G and T hope it’s all counted in on a FD..lol

Clare…
    Well done on 21 pounds off …you must be very pleased…going down to the 9 s before May…

Lynne…
    Good luck on your liquid day…hope everything is calming down and Phils as good as he can be…

Jean x

Evening everyone

Hemmy, glad Mr Pips seems to have recovered from his digestive indiscretion (you can tell we’ve had to visit the vet with similar problems). We’re on the home stretch now.

Sarah, hope you enjoy the Chinese – that was my downfall last weekend.

Jean, your steak meal sounds delicious, I think I may need to indulge soon.

Physio is arranging for Phil to have a ‘steady’ to help prevent his falls, well collapses really, but that sounds very dramatic, it’s really more of an undignified slump. Unfortunately we’ve heard today that the company which provides Phil’s care cannot accommodate the need for calls to be ‘doubled handed’ and so he won’t get any support until a new company can be employed. An urgent referral has been made, but I suspect it may be a couple of weeks until anything is in place. It shouldn’t be too difficult as Phil only has half an hour support a day, and with some of the carers I worry about how safe he is. It’ll be nice to have the house to ourselves as well.

Thank you all for your kind words and good wishes. Things can be challenging at times, but I do no more than any of you would for your partners if in the same situation.

Today has been my 3rd FD this week, trying to get things back on track, and I’m starting to fantasise about my porridge in the morning. Need to have a controlled day though as looking forward to apple crumble on Sunday.

Kay, how’s the new job going?

Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend.

Lynne x

Viewing 50 posts - 10,901 through 10,950 (of 35,396 total)

You must be logged in to reply.