Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,828 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hemmy 4 hours, 31 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,301 through 10,350 (of 35,313 total)

• Hi Jean,

I did switch from big square plates to normal round plates a few years ago and that has helped somewhat. But I still think I serve too much. For example, a 500g pack of mince does 3 adult servings in our house when packed with peppers, mushrooms and onions. That should do 4 adults I think?

I think being on track is dependant on what you’re trying to achieve? I have lost 10lbs now so in fact slightly over 1lb a week, however I did hope for 2lb a week.

I only have milk in coffee, I don’t drink it or have it with cereals so semi skimmed is fine for me. Probably skimmed or 1% milk would be fine for me. I never realised how many calories were in milk and I never used to count it in my coffee.

I’m joining mass fast tomorrow with you. I do love resetting the week on a Monday. xx

I have always been a 1 lb a week girl…very very rarely I may do 2 lbs..that must be just me.the way I am made.☹️ I would like more…

X

Hi all

Jean, I just recently bought some small dinner plates off Amazon…but look in tesco we found some very similar in their basic range…. plain white…

Hope it helps, it certainly makes you feel better when you have a plateful off food lolo..

Not fasted today, kitchen still under wraps, so had a chicken kebab with salad… I am getting fed up with take aways, I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THAT SENTENCE..,

Aud x

Ha ha, Audrey!
    Someone else mentioned not feeling great after a takeaway…I dread that I may be genuinely torn between what I know will make me feel bad and what I still crave – that instant hit from all those bad fats/chemicals/sugars in takeaway food!

Trying to be good for the rest of the evening, having had my veggie soup, and filled that rest of my calorie quota with a little bit of rocky road that someone brought to this evening’s group meeting. I’m still there or there abouts…just my 500 haven’t necessarily all come from good food! (well, actually, the rocky road was VERY good!)

Not sure when I’ll fit my second FD in this week – may try for Wednesday when I’m really busy…only trouble being that I know we’ve got MandS sandwiches that day for lunch – yum! However, I have left 3 portions of veggie soup in the fridge at work, so I can be pretty healthy most days if not actually a FD.

I’m not hungry…I do not need to eat!
    Mx

Will be my first FD tomorrow since my holiday. OH asked what I was going to eat for the next 2 days because of my eye surgery. What he meant was you won’t be cooking so I’ll eat out. No matter it will be a good time to fast.
    Very tired today so off to bed now. Good night all.

Thanks Audrey, I will take a look in Tesco…they sound about right. Hope your friend takes you through your cookery lessons….

Minols…
    Glad the days gone well and you have all the soups lined up for next week..

Xx

Monday again, and sadly I was the same weight yet again. Several weeks and no change πŸ™ I’m hoping its inches I’m losing as I do feel different and I am exercising quite a bit.

Sticking with it, fasting today, and hopefully the numbers will start to go down soon for me.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Quick post this morning sorry, its month end at work, and I imagine it will be busier than usual.

Good luck with the day everyone x

Morning

DF maybe your building muscle with exercising and of cause it is heavier than fat, have you measured yourself.

NF day for me again, hopefully I want go too over board, am not fasting till Wednesday and Thursday, dread to think of the out come on the scales Friday, but maybe I will be surprised.

Have a good one all

Carol hope it goes well today.

Xxx

Morning all

Fast day today….Hopefully…. Ian just ready to start painting once again as the ceiling still looks a little patchy!

Hope we have a good mass fast Monday…and I am once again amongst the ranks…

I am up for a March challenge!

Carol, good luck for today..❀❀

Audrey x

Morning All…
    Drizzly day here..

A few jobs in hand to keep us busy, tip and charity run, a bit of shopping.

We are then draining central heating radiators off put cleaner in re filling…a few days later drain off and put clean water in… ready for when the boiler man is coming in a few weeks. I am getting quite handy now as Steve’s apprentice…πŸ˜‚

DF..
    The weight will start moving, I can be a bit like that, inches could be moving and maybe weight gain in muscle weight.

Tammy..
    Have a good day always busy at end of month..

Audrey..
    Going to Tesco to look at the dinner plates….I will measure up and see if they are better than what I have…good luck on the ceiling, it’s taking some doing after taking the tiles off.

Kay..
    Hope you are OK..you are in my thoughts….

We are fasting with the mass hope there’s a few of us today…

Jean x

Morning all,

I’m in for mass fast Monday.

DF, don’t worry about the maintain, like others say, you have likely lost inches, and that’s what counts.

Aud, good to have you back fasting with us.

Tammy, try not to think about the fact you’re not fasting today and don’t panic.

Like others busy day. Month end looming and in full on annual budget mode for the next 2 weeks. It’s going to be hectic. xx

Morning everyone

FD today and I need it after my indulgent weekend. Not repeating that in a hurry.

DF, keep strong, I’m sure the scales will reflect your hard work soon.

Audrey, I always enjoy decorating when I start, but loose interest fast and hate when it needs ‘one more coat’.

Carol, best wishes for today. Make sure you look after yourself.

Angela, glad your with us today, though sounds like you’ll be too busy to think about eating.

Kay, take care.

Jean, another joining the FD today, we’ve got good company. I thought I was handy around the house, but you’re putting me to shame. My daughter’s A level class were discussing global warming a while back, and the teacher asked who could bleed a radiator. She was shocked that there were only 4 of them in the class who knew what to do, and she was the only girl! In our house ‘life skills’ are more likely to be about DIY than housework.

Thinking of all of you dealing with month end madness – the only thing I used to dread more was annual appraisal time with a team of 14 to complete on top of my own. Not missing that one bit.

Hoping to get a good liquid only fast under my belt today to try and bring in some sort of loss at weigh in tomorrow.

Good morning FB Brits .. hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Carol…Best wishes today hope all goes well. Take care. Xx

Kay… You are in my thoughts constantly. Lots of hugs. Xx

Hope marmite is doing ok. Healing thoughts and vibes. Xx

Hope anyone else or their love ones under par will soon feel better. Xx

Well… girls read your recent posts regarding SW etc and 5-2. Or both together. Lolol

I have also been thinking as you know on other lines. After reading the posts decided to go back to the beginning and do it to the book.

We know it works done properly. All experienced it.

Going to keep a journal like I did at the beginning. Plus I have faced up to the fact that its my fault alone in not losing this last leg of the journey.

I cant expect to do 2 good fasts then drink bottles of wine at the week-end it doesn’t add up whether its 5-2 WW SW. Its not on.

Had put on 3 lbs in the last 2 weeks. No wine yesterday and lost 1lb this morning.

So DAY 2 TODAY …. I DONT DRINK WINE ANYMORE. Lol Its my trigger for eating and I have to choose whether I want the wine or a good slim healthy body.

Sorry for the long rant wanted to see it in writing. Lol

Good luck today Fasters. … Wed… Fri for me this week.

Brit lovelies… Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success. Xx

Morning everyone

Sorry I haven’t been around over the weekend, been a busy one. Meal out on Saturday and I think I stuck to my calories even with a couple of glasses of wine – I always count the cals in my wine but I must admit I don’t go without.

Had a difficult day with my boy yesterday, this single parenting is such hard work and he seems so unhappy with me sometimes, doesn’t help when “super” dad appears for 2 days every 14 and does wonderful exciting things with him and I’m left with homework, bills, nagging him to tidy his room and trying to live my life too. He’s only 9 and so I have plenty more years left to get used to it.

Anyway weighed in today and another 1 lb off, almost a stone in 7 weeks so really pleased, finally dipped under 11 stone on a weigh day so hoping I can keep it under from now on. The golf club posted some pics on facebook yesterday of presentation night 5 weeks ago and I think I can see a difference in me so that was encouraging.

FD today and I don’t have my usual homemade soup to fall back on at lunch, will try and eat a cuppa soup with a tea spoon to make it last!

Have a good day everyone. Clare x

Well done Clare on the 1lb loss. Great news. Dipping under the 11stone was my target for February but I haven’t been disciplined enough. Single parenting is hard but actually we get the opposite from my stepsons Mum. We have to do the homework on a Wednesday and Saturday because she doesn’t get time as she’s taken him to the cinema or some such other thing, we have to take him for haircuts, we have to discipline him as she struggles to. It’s never easy.

Hemmy, I’m with you on the wine. Had wine with lunch yesterday, up on the scales again this morning. Grrrrr. I’ve got to kick this habit. Hoping for a good week this week. Marmite is doing OK thanks, I do think she’s regained a small amount of sight actually as she’s not bumping into stuff. Let’s see what the vet says this Friday.

Right, off to go and console my Financial Controller who’s having a marriage breakdown at the same time as an intense period of work.

Anybody ever feel like buying a one way ticket to a lovely hot beach? πŸ˜‚
    xx

Eye done. Was uncomfortable but quick.

Fasting today, first for ages. I’m going to try and have a good weight loss March. I need the boost.
    As for drinking wine etc. I find I gain weight quicker when I drink, hence my holiday weight gain. I don’t drink most of the time except for special occasions.
    I’m being picked up, got to go.

Hi All…

Finished all the jobs but not the radiators as it’s now pouring with rain…we would be in and out with wet feet and muck everywhere..

Having a coffee and thinking what to do now…πŸ€”πŸ€”

Carol..
    I was thinking about you…don’t like people going into my eyes..you are a brave bunny…glad it’s all over think of you and rest up..

Audrey..
    We decided against the plates…Steve says it’s because I cook too much not the plates!! I do have a 10″ square one, the 9″ is a bit small…I shall think again later…when on my own..lol ..hope Ian gets on well with the painting…

Angela…
    You sound busy as and of month..hope you can help your colleague, marriage breakdowns nice to talk to someone outside the family…

Lynne..
    I love messing about..my father was useless and my ex useless…so Mum did everything, as I copied her, fortunately my two daughters copied me and are self sufficient …I am learning properly now from Steve he knows I am interested.
    My younger daughter who’s 42 in America has been, building a 50′ long garden wall 3′ tall, laying cement and a crazy path across the grass with her husband and she painted a 5 bed house all inside herself, three coats per room and ceiling, when we arrived on holiday, we helped her finish the hallway as she was shattered and she has three children. Steve replaced some doors and did a few extra bits for her.
    Charlotte was two, Katie turned around she was up to her armpits in emulsion splashing about…πŸ˜‚

Hemmy…
    You are right a few of us need to go back to basics again…we seem to be saying this every few months…lol….I have bought my first batch of whole milk milk in I don’t know how many years could be 20 plus..I think you have changed over….love your quote today..

Clare..
    Really well done at a pound off and under the 11 stone…it’s lovely to see the next number…enjoy your soup and small spoon…I laughted at that..

Angela..
    Hope your day goes well another who is end of month busy…I am hoping to cut down on wine but not totally.. I shall have a sneaky look on the scales tomorrow morning…

Have a good day to the fasters…we are OK here…ham salad for dinner, packet ham today πŸ™ Easy…lol

Jean x

Jean
    I’m fine but as expected I’m on my own re looking after myself today. Rest up they told me.

Had my fast soup. It was lovely. Really like my soup maker. Saves a lot of time and effort.

Feet up for the rest of the day is the plan.

Carol, make sure you rest, glad you are OK..

Jean, I think the smaller plates are helping me with my portion sizes…

Still busy here, ordered new dining room table and chairs set its coming Thursday, flooring is now in stock and being fitted Wednesday afternoon, man coming to measure for new blinds on Thursday am, and at Dr’s on Friday morning…oh and having my hair cut tomorrow… walls are now prepared ready for painting…

Good news so far fast day going really well, does anyone know what number and how long to cook my cottage pie in my fan assisted oven?πŸ€”πŸ€”

Aud x

Awful day here very wet and stormy again.

Clare… Well done you… another lb bites the dust never to be seen again. Its always hard for the parent that does all the mundane important things for children. Oh So very easy to just come visit and go. Luckily as they get older they realise who was there when it really counted. Lol the teaspoon made me laugh as I have always used one for puddings etc Xx

Gotto … so pleased to hear there is an improvement in Marmite. Hope it continues.
    That wine is devil. Without it I can lose weight no probs. Soon as I have a couple of glasses… chocolate… cheese and biscuits you name it I can eat it. Lol Without … nothing after my meal. So proud I started on a Sunday as its my worse day while cooking dinner … can start around 4pm.

Hopefully think I have the determination this time to go longer. Xx

Carol .. So glad you are back and ok. Just look after yourself and rest up. Good luck with the fast today… sounds like you are enjoying the soup. Xx

Sym… Wow… your daughter sounds active doing all that painting. .. especially with 3 children. Obviously like mother like daughter . Lol

Yes,,, full fat everything for me now for about 5 years. I heard a radio program about weight loss .. a doctor said.. eat full fat because you ended up eating more low fat stuff. Never satisfied you. Now it seems there replace the full fat with all the sugar and numbers .. god knows what. Nothing like cup of tea or coffee made the old way. I sometimes just add water by a third to make a milky coffee.

Kristy coming this week-end so must apply the wine rule to myself. Lol Xx

Hope everyone else is doing well.. come on together girls we can crack this . Xx

Hi all, Im still here πŸ™‚

Trying to adopt some normality for the time being, taking one day at a time.

Fasting today, with the rest of you.

Come on, lets get back on track everyone, those pounds arent going to shift by themselves!

Think back to when you were losing and what was different. I know exactly where Im falling down, as always, its the non fast days where Im going over my tdee. Simples. And the culprits….alcohol, and in between meal snacks of cheese and crackers.

Time to regroup as Ive hit maintenance too early!!

Audrey…
    I think it will be 170… 30 mins ish middle shelf…if it’s Neff 160… good luck…..the oven soon gets to temperature.

Carol…
    Take care and do as they say…enjoy your soup..

Kay..
    Nice to have you back…I think we are all struggling a bit.

In the middle of draining off the radiators….just starting to refill

No time to think about food….lol

Jean x

Hi All,

I have really enjoyed my ham salad ….we have had quite a busy day….kept busy with the radiators all working now….on Thursday we drain off again and put fresh water through…..thought we would do it on a FD as it keeps us out of trouble.

Finished now today 244 calories …a small milk later before bed I don’t count that!

Hope everyone else is going strong not long now….

Jean x

My Cal’s today ended up at 493 so I’m pleased for a first day back on FD.

Eye still throbbing but vision great. Not the restful day I was supposed to have. Had to sort myself out as OH has a cold virus and is feeling sorry for himself in his chair. Probably man flue.
    Jean
    Sounds like your having a total makeover. It will be all bright and new.
    Kay
    Don’t worry your not the only one struggling. My first FD for ages today. I’m planning on a munch less march 😁
    Jean
    You sound very busy. Our radiators need doing. A couple are leaking but OH has lost the will to maintain anything and I’m not up to plumbing.

I think it’s pancake day tomorrow. Mine would have to be gluten free. Yum πŸ€”

I have also done my 1st fast for weeks…cottage pie was lovely..thanks Jean…πŸ‘

I have enough calories left for a nice milky drink later… feeling a bit peckish but hanging in…

Hope all our other fasters are doing OK

Back tomorrow

Audrey xx

Evening all

Good to see you posting Kay. Taking a day at a time sounds good.

I am not fasting today as not 100% yet. Have had a very controlled day and decided I need to eat less cheese and nuts in general. Minestrone, made without pasta, with homemade pesto in tonight followed by raspberries and yogurt.

I have done the measuring thing with my new and helpful gadget. The good news is that my waist measurement is less than half my height; the bad news is that my hip measurement puts me in mind of an upside down lollilop. So not a good look….

Hope fasters are having a good strong day. I will be picking up that baton tomorrow xx

Evening all,

Carol, glad your eye open seems to be a success. Hope you’re OK fending for yourself.

Kay, lovely to hear from you. You and Ellie are in our thoughts. I’m with you in needing a bit of a reboot. I am pleased I didn’t do as much damage this weekend as normal though.

Aud and Jean, well done on a successful FD. My tea is about to go in the microwave. Not had anything yet. I don’t even think about food now until tea on FD. Still not ready to give liquid only a go yet though.

Sarah, what new helpful gadget do you have for measuring? And what is the relevance of waist less than half your height? Hope you’re feeling better soon.

Jean, I think I saw that you said your plates are square? I found these the worst for portion as you can fit food in the corners! πŸ˜‚ Even the same size round ones I think hold less? Or it seems to be full with less food…

xx

Angela, it is called myotape. I got it from amazon. (5.99) It manages the tension for you and you can measure with one hand. It is very easy to read…sadly! Apparently the waist, height ratio is important for measuring body fat ie fat is better stored round hips and bottom than stomach/waist, no more attractive though….

Thanks Sarah. I’m going to take a look as I’m convinced I’m losing more than the scales are telling me. xx

Hi All – just dropping in after a busy day. Still got a bit more work to do.
    Seems to have been a good mass fast for everyone today. Hope you’re all finishing off well and can’t smell the gorgeous beef casserole I made with old-fashioned suet topping!

I’m still hoping to leave Feb as I started it – which is my definition of success in a month that had a holiday in it. I do need to get serious, though, if I’m going to shift this half stone, so happy to go in for any kind of strictness suggested for March. I will probably be having my last crΓ¨me egg tonight, my last sweeties after swimming tomorrow night, and then Lent hits on Wednesday – which I think will probably be a Bovril FD so I can save my 500 cals for some indulgence when I get to my pals house Wednesday…staying over for a conference on Thursday. Once again, trying to get my busiest/full of distraction times to help me fast.

I know it feels like we’ve been at this forever, but thank goodness for the companions we’ve met along the way…it is so good, so inspiring, so ‘pick me up and dust me off again’ encouraging to be doing this with others…with you guys. We’re getting there, and we can do this next bit together.

Mx

Sarah, myotape people ordered, thanks for the tip. I didn’t know such things existed.

Minols, sounds like you’re back on track and we’ll on your way to losing the holiday lbs.

We’ll, I’ve bitten the bullet and ordered a trial box from Gousto. 4 x meals for 2 at a starting cost of only Β£16.99. We chose meals that are no more than 600 cals per serving so I’ll get a good idea of portion sizes and some different recipes to cook if we don’t like it. We don’t have to buy any future boxes if we don’t want. As everything is pre measured and weighed and there aren’t surplus ingredients I can see how much I should, or shouldn’t, be eating.
    It arrives on Saturday. Mmmmmm. xx

Hi Everyone

Fast day seems to be going well for everyone and not long to go now. Just got Phil some custard creams, torture any day, but on a FD!

Carol, glad the Op went well, and that you’re already having positive results.

Sarah/Angela, my daughter needs a myotape for her course, so I had a bit of a test run when it arrived in the summer. They’re designed for medical measurements so are great for measuring anything with a curve, such as arms and legs. You’re right, there’s no misreading them.

Jean, glad you’ve finished your DIY for the day and hope you’re having a chance to relax this evening.

I’m up for a challenge for March and may tie it in with Lent. Planning to break my sugar fast tomorrow to indulge in pancakes and a Lindor egg I’ve been saving, then back on the wagon.

I’ve decided to do the whole give something up/try and do something positive combo.

1. Give up sugar and refined carbs
    2. Try and get out and walk the dog at least 3 times a week (normally daughter obliges).

This may be the harder of the 2 as I’ll need to work around Phil as over the last 12 months he’s developed separation anxiety. Dog walking duty was always his domain so he may see it as me doing his job and may be alright as long as I’m not too long. If the weather obliges I may even take him with me in his power chair, but I’ll have to have a reccie first to make sure there’s no steps or obstacles. You don’t really notice these when walking, but any pavement or step over about an inch is a nightmare.

Weigh in tomorrow and really hope after the weekend that there will be some sort of loss, or at least a STS.

Enjoy your pancakes tomorrow. Anyone joining me in some sort of challenge for March/Lent?

Morning all,

Pasha, I don’t really celebrate Lent or Easter sorry plus I’ve a challenging month coming up with 2 hen weekends. I’m going to do my best to keep pushing on with losing though.

Jean, may I thank you for holding me to account this weekend, for the 1st time since week 2 I actually weigh less after a fast day than I did on weigh in day, meaning my 1st fast hasn’t only been about damage limitation but also pushing me on.
    Hubby is away with work tonight so I’m planning a low cal day. Going to try and stick to under 1200 cals. I’d like to stay this weight until next fast on Friday if I can.
    I found some smoked salmon in the freezer so having that with poached eggs for tea. Nom nom.

How’s everyone else this morning?

xx

Morning πŸ™‚ Hope everyone got through the fast ok yesterday. Work was so busy for me I didn’t have time to think about eating until the evening! Its either nothing to do here or too much to do! They day passed okay though.

Thanks for the feedback about my not losing for the last few weeks. I do actually think its because of the exercise, and a few weeks ago when I measured my waist, I had lost 4 inches! My official weigh in was yesterday, no loss .. out of curiosity after my fast day .. I weighed this morning and was 2lb down!

Just reading back over the posts, everyone seems to have done so well yesterday and I’m feeling the positive vibes πŸ™‚

Have a great day everyone xx

Morning everyone

Weigh in today and only lost 0.2lb this week, not surprising really as I had a ‘2lb weekend’.

Angela, you seem to have a busy month with 2 events planned and I know a busy time at work, so good luck with keeping control where you can.

With regard to giving up/doing something positive for Lent, this doesn’t have to have a religious connection, but there is a defined start and end point and it’s a bit longer than a month so a bit more challenging.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lynne x

Morning all

Got through my fast OK yesterday, scales are showing a loss this morning….first loss for weeks! Can’t understand it! Any ideas anyone? I have eaten all sorts of food….

Busy day again today, Ian is painting again, it will soon be finished now by Friday, hopefully we will all be done and have a lovely kitchen…

Back later, good luck to all

Audrey xx

Morning All.

Lovely day here..

A clear out garage day, re position a few things, sort wood out….getting ready for heating boiler to have its own corner…I feel as if the spring cleaning has started..πŸ˜€

I am OK for March but I seem not to be doing much at the moment so possibly won’t be doing much for the beach ☹️..a sneaky weigh in, nothing lost, a FD and a very low day….chocolate cakes spring to mind!!! We all have our faults….all gone now….but they were nice..

We are maybe going away next week in the caravan but will still be on 5.2.

Angela..
    The waist measurement is under half your height, is a better fat indicator than BMI or some places say, so I work between the two…hope the meals go well..

DF..
    Good waist loss 4″ wow and a 2 lb lost…well done..

Audrey..
    I cannot understand inches or pounds off…to eating less or more….I can’t help you, I am just confused myself…keep marching on….

I have had porridge for a change maybe eating too much of the same…a few more calories. My bum is aching with all the ladder and loft work…yesterday 20 flights of stairs….no kettlebell haven’t had time..must start again shoulders OK now πŸ˜‚..now the garage….

Have a good day all

Jean x

Sorry DF I missed your post…

Congratulations on your weight loss and inches off also… I will do a happy Weight loss dance just for you…..

I suppose we could all do some sort of lent challenge…anybody got any ideas?

Aud x

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Beautiful sunny start but chilly here.

Well done DF and Lynne on your loses this week. Yay yay.. Onwards and downwards. Xx

We all sound busy … so much to do with spring around the corner. Inside or out … lol wish there were more hours in a day. lol

Day 3 into no wine.. last night was easier not replacing it with anything this time it puts too much attention on it. IYKWIM.

Got lax on the water so trying to up that during the day.

Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing. Xx

Brit lovelies..

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts Xx

Morning all. A snowy start for us here.
    Eye much less painful today and swelling on my eyelid is going down but my vision is wonderful. Everything is so crisp.

I’ve also lost 3 lbs since getting back off hol last Thursday. I fasted yesterday but I think it’s not drinking alcohol that’s the biggest reason. I have noticed for a while that when I drink the weigh piles on very quickly.

Regarding lbs versus inches, I thought it was common knowledge you can become slimmer when exercising but not lose lbs.
    Have a happy pancake day all.
    X😁

DF.
    Well done on your weight loss. You must be a happy bunny.

Aud, I found this for you, same for Tammy I think. I vaguely recollect this from my A level biology days. Of course, it doesn’t mean eating up all the time, but sometimes it’s a good thing to kick start your metabolism.

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/calories/burning_calories/starvation.htm

Well done on your weight loss DF, and Carol well done for getting back on track so quickly.

And another article here on how the body burns calories from alcohol differently to that of food. A couple of interesting reads and explains a few things for me.

http://www.health.com/health/article/0,,20670897,00.html

xx

Morning all – hoping for a controlled NFD with enough left over to have pancakes tonight! It’s not that anyone else is particularly fussed, but I like to make them in memory of my Grandad – died when I was a teenager, but he was a scrawny, twinkly kind of guy, who had done some time as a baker in his youth, and one of my childhood memories is of him teaching me to toss pancakes. So I must pick up eggs and lemon juice today, and if I only have soup for lunch and a child’s portion of tea, then I’ll allow myself pancakes later!

Mx

Morning all

Had a good fast yesterday and scales are showing me below the stone, hopefully will still be there at next weigh in on Monday.

NFD today and trying to be good all day so can have a nice meal and some wine tonight when my man comes round, just need to not indulge on pancakes when I’m cooking my boys tea – easier said than done lol.

Glad the swelling is going down Caspersmum, how wonderful to have clear vision, I’d love to be rid of glasses or contact lenses. Great that the holiday weight is coming off too – I know I’d probably lose quicker without wine, but while it’s still coming off slowly and i’m getting away with it |I like that little indulgence a few times a week.

Have a great day all. Clare x

Hi Carol, great news your vision is fantastic. Like Clare I would love to be free of glasses or contact lenses. I’m not brave enough to go and have my eyes sorted though. Eeek.

Mmmmmm, talk of pancakes today. Again not something we ever do in our house. I like them with Nutella though. I seem to love all the things I shouldn’t! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

As of this morning I’m 12lbs away from where I was when I got married in October 2014. This is my 1st goal. I do have my hour session trampolining this Sunday coming up. I’m looking forward to that. xx

Congrats on the losses everyone πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Audrey I’ll dance along with you πŸ˜€ .. its such a good feeling to see a lower number πŸ˜€

Minols, I have a similar memory of my gran teaching me how to toss pancakes when I was young. Happy days that I really miss!

Hemmy, I love the quote today πŸ™‚

Jean, hope your spring cleaning is coming along nicely. Keep warm, its so cold where I am today!

Gottotrysomething, the links are really interesting, thanks for posting those πŸ™‚

So, I’ve got pancakes in my head now πŸ˜€ .. My step-son is with us this evening, so I know for a fact we’ll be making them for him. So tempting …. mmm!!

Love to all xx

Weight down this morning. NFD. Just out for a short walk. Back soon x

Kay, that’s great! Enjoy your walk πŸ™‚

I’m SO excited, just booked my weeks off work for the end of May. Two whole weeks off. We’re hoping to find a good deal abroad somewhere, somewhere warm πŸ™‚ I can’t wait and its more motivation for me to get my backside in gear and shift this weight πŸ˜€

Its a NFD for me, and after reading the links on metabolism, I decided I’d treat myself to a sandwich from the bakery. Nothing massive or unhealthy, just a nice fresh sandwich πŸ™‚ To be honest, I couldn’t have faced my cupasoup and Ryvita today. It gets boring πŸ™ I need to find alternatives.

I’m changing my fast day to Wednesday this week as opposed to Thursday. A girl is leaving at work, and we’re going out for lunch. I know the place we’re going, and can keep it healthy on Thursday. It will be a nice change πŸ™‚

So, enjoy my NFD today, and fast tomorrow. Hopefully more weight loss will follow!!

Hi All…

Half way through the garage tidy…lots to go to tip….Steve is parting with stuff…It usually gets put back..πŸ˜‚

Neighbour came across chatting…’ you look really thin are you still on that diet’….really pleased as still 4 lbs up!…still it made my day…πŸ˜€

Angela…
    Will look at your web pages later sounds interesting..

All this pancake talk, I do like them with fresh or frozen berries and cream…uummm..not tonight.

Carol..
    Glad you are feeling better…3 lbs is good you are back on track…I didn’t weigh till a week back at home..

Clare…
    Good on the scales better than me..😬

Hemmy…
    I think I will join you off the wine…only for a special occasion…

Audrey…
    Hope alls going well…

Minols..
    Enjoy your pancakes they are so yummy and memories to go with them…πŸ˜€

Kay..
    Have a lovely walk, it’s lovely at my end, started with just in tee shirt, thin fleece on now…

DF..
    Something to aim at a lovely holiday…at least the first steps taken, your time off work..

Well off back in the garage back later…

Jean x

Back again….
    Well that’s it..quite a busy 5 hours…a car full with seats down taken to the tip…so in two days 2 1/2 cars full ..made things look a lot better…. back a bit achy but gently does it……very pleased.

Glad Steve has parted from his bits and pieces and wood, he’s from the old days of you don’t know you want it till it’s gone, make do and mend..

At least it keeps you out the kitchen and eating..quiet couple of hours before dinner..a few calories burned hopefully..

Jean x

Angela…
    Interesting articles some could be added into our day..

X

Viewing 50 posts - 10,301 through 10,350 (of 35,313 total)

You must be logged in to reply.