Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,832 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 2 hours, 4 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,251 through 10,300 (of 35,317 total)

• Lol posted the same time as you Sym. Xxx

Evening everyone

I can’t believe that I decided to treat myself to fish and chips – and the place I go for fish has a problem with their gas supply and was closed. I should have taken that as a sign, but went to another chip shop and whilst the fish was alright, it wasn’t as good as I was expecting. Back to FD next Friday for me, realised what I’m missing wasn’t as good as I’d remembered.

Hemmy, thanks for the link. I’ve been alright since giving up the sugar, though I do still have porridge which would be above the carb count for the author of the article. I’ve really not found it that hard, and whilst I think I will still eat sugar (pancake day looms), I think I will continue on a largely sugar free diet. I also don’t seem to have experienced the cravings or any of the other side effects so often spoken of. I also have one piece of fruit a day, an apple or pear, nothing exotic.

Tammy, hope your daughter’s hair is a success, mine decided to have ombre, but her friend did it in the back garden. To my complete surprise it was a success and there were no tears.

Angela, not long to go now – hope the boys have removed all evidence.

Take care everyone

Lynne x

Hi Lynne. Xx

With this sugar thing or lack of lolol

What I am really trying to get to the bottom of does it give you a significant amount of extra energy without that sugar/carbs.

I think I can remember Louise just buzzing. How
    is it for you. Xx

Evening all,

Lynne, would you believe I found fish and chips in the M&S count on me range for 333 cals. (Well, fish, parmentier potatoes and pea puree.) I got home at 7.30 and the smells of their fish and chips went straight up my nostrils bit I was saved by my dinner. So proud of myself.

Jean, I went back and read through today’s posts. I got the impression you live not far from Nottingham? If so where as I’m not far either. You may have told me before but I’m rubbish.
    You’ll be proud of me, I’ve arranged to work on Sunday to keep me occupied too. And as I’ll need a clear head for that I’m hoping I’ll be sensible tomorrow night.

Minols, your 5p worth on the feeling we have when a pet dies is not far wrong. Marmite has been with me through some really tough times and at my lowest. I did have to take my Mum’s dog to be put to sleep about 6 years ago as she couldn’t do it herself, and that broke me, wasn’t even my dog as they didn’t have him when I lived at home. So whilst I’m not relishing the thought, I at least know what to expect. However, she’s currently sat on the sofa next to me having a good old scratch behind the ear, I’m hopeful for now.

Tammy, is your daughter having balyage done to her hair to make it more natural? I did about a year of a hairdressing apprenticeship when I left school, getting a rich purple into brown hair without bleaching is really tough. In my (limited) experience, cherry reds sit well on brunette hair (I’m brunette myself and used to have mine cherry red.)

xx

Angela, I do not know what this baggage is?, she knows the problems with the colour she wants, but there is no telling them, this way she will learn.

Being bad on my second vodka 😊

I spelled it wrong Tammy. I meant Balayage. It’s a method of painting on hair colour on the mid lengths and ends freehand to help it to blend in more naturally. Not that purple could ever look natural! lol.

Mmmmmm, vodka. I like mine mixed with cointreau, cranberry juice and a fresh squeeze of lime… it’s called a Cosmopolitan! 😂 xx

Angela, that is the loom we are going for, I can’t even pronounced it lol.

That cosmopolitan sounds like a very strong cocktail yummy .😊

Pronounced “bally arge” lol 😂

Well, that’s my FD over. Came in at 545 cals with the milk from my coffee. a little over but not too bad.

I’m off up to bed now looking good forward to a good night’s sleep and a lie in. xx

Morning all

Looking a bit miserable out there today, going to be a soggy round of golf for me.

NFD today and out to Bella italia for tea tonight, hopefully the cals will be in mfp so I can try and keep it sensible, I can’t seem to reign in these weekends at the moment.

Hope you all have a good day

Clare x

Morning all,

Weighed in and 0.5lb off for me this week. Phew, that was looking scary for a moment there after last weekend.

Jean, I’m determined to stay sensible today.

Clare, I’m the same. I enjoy the weekends a bit too much too. Although you’re still regularly losing aren’t you? xx

Morning All…

A dully drizzly day…but the boy is playing in the garage he has declared two weeks…

Daughter is coming for lunch and a few hours chat, all her boys gone to footy so it will be peaceful, I like her to myself sometimes..😀

Lynne..
    As you know I just love fish and chips…a shame yours were not up standard, you feel short changed….I sometimes feel that over a lovely cake out it really has to be worth the calories or don’t bother!

Angela..
    We are about a hour away north just off the M62, Rawcliffe is a really small village near Selby. We will be back Friday to pick the wheels up hoping they are done. Half a pound is going in the right direction, my scales only do full pounds 😟 …my day yesterday was under TDEE but not good choices. Today will be iffy if daughters coming and curry tonight…strong day tomorrow.

Clare..
    Have a good day at golf..that’s a lot of walking….hope the rain holds off we look iffy here. Still you will have wet weather gear like us on the motorbike…lol

Hemmy..
    Do you have the PLJ lemon, that’s what mum used to have….if it’s still for sale…have a good weekend with the family.

Kay..
    Thinking of you all, keep strong…you can’t have love without sorrow…it goes hand in hand..💕

Carol..
    How are you doing? Have a lovely family meal tomorrow. Are you back on track?

Vi..
    Thinking of popping by regularly again…hope you are feeling more yourself.

Hope everybody else is doing fine…too many to catch

Jean x

My first post … waving to my fellow Brits …

I am in Cambridge. I have been doing sort of all right … faffing around & not settling down. Lent is nearly here so I, like many I suspect am going to give up sugar for Lent. I am TOO fond of chocolate & even though I eat the dark stuff, which is supposed to be ‘good’ for us (a fragment, not the whole bar!) it is not necessary.
    The lure of a gin & tonic at the end of the day is also there … even on a ‘fast’ day which of course destroys the 500 calories …

I have lost 3 lbs … in 12 days …

ever onward … Anne

Morning all

Had a bit of a ‘break out’ yesterday. Peanut butter on toast in the morning, then went with daughter and grandsons (it is half term here in West Sussex) to farm park. Had Halloumi burger, coleslaw and chips. Didn’t eat top of brioche bun he burger came in or too many of the not very nice chips. Then (this is dreadful) i had a half of one of those truly disgusting doughnuts, probably saturated in transfats, they sell on stalls and four jelly babies. It wasn’t clever but actually it was nothing to what could have happened prior to 5/2.

I had planned to cook salmon and roasted veg in the evening but neither of us felt like a full meal and in the end we had half an avacado and a bowl of squash soup from freezer.

Full of cold today but hoping to manage shortish dog walk. Have cancelled night out tonight in view of sneezing etc.

Hemmy your lovely treaty lunch with your BF sounds so nice and healthy too, if you are going to break out that is the way to do it not as me above!

Lynne, I love fish and chips too (hardly original lol,) annoying yours weren’t great. Re Catholic guilt – I think the way to ensure it is to have the Catholic upbringing, convent education (I was probably the naughtiest child in the place and was told virtually daily I was stupid and I’d never amount to anything by nuns who actually weren’t very nice people at all) and then and I think this is crucial, you need to be female, then you probably have the guilt for life. It took me quite a while to stop believing those nuns and see them for what they were. I hope you have managed to deal with any guilt issues.

Minols, I love it when you stick your 5p in especially when you tell everyone to switch off because it is lengthy. From the bits you have said about your bit of the church, which might be the same as where my OH is from, I guess you don’t do ‘sermons’ in your services. That is a bit of a shame for your parishioners (or whatever you call them) in my view because I could listen to you for hours. I suppose they get the benefit of your balanced, insightful and thoroughly humane thoughts in other ways though. Lucky them.

Angela, good detective work on calorie friendly F&C. Yes measuring is a good idea. I will have to buy a cloth tape measure. I wanted to get to goal for my birthday in mid june but I am still 19lbs away and will need to average a bit more than I am at the moment.

Angela and Tammy, I am not a vodka fan and never had a cosmopolitan. On the rare occasions I have a cocktail it is gin or tequila based…but you have got me thinking…those flavours are right down my street. Maybe one for a night on holiday sometime.

Jean, I hope you are still saving me two florentines, something for me to think about from time to time on next fast day. Lol.

Kay, you are coming into my mind frequently as I go about my business. xx

Have a nice weekend everyone. Those struggling at weekends (including me) let us try to enjoy weekend without sabotaging our hard won gains through the week. Having said that it will be easier for me this weekend as alcohol is the last thing I need right now but I suppose there’s an annoying number or calories in night nurse syrup. Lol xx

Morning all,

Sun it out but for how long we will see

Anne welcome we are a friendly bunch and a few of us totally understand about the draw to the booze, mine is vodka, but there are a few wino’s here lol.

Hope everyone enjoys their day, shopping, golf, family, am away to head out, will let you know how Rhiannon’s hair turns out. Nf weekend eeek.

Hi Anne and welcome.

Sarah, it doesn’t sound to me like you were too bad yesterday, not by my standards anyway! 😂

Jean, we’re actually in North Nottinghamshire but still a bit away from you.

Just off to MIL’s. Haven’t eaten yet today so hoping to remain sensible. It won’t involve wine at least.

Can I take a minute to have a mini celebration please, I decided my bra was feeling a bit too loose round the back so I dug out a smaller one and fits perfectly. Wooohoo. And I’m wearing a dress I wore in January which clung a bit then, and now very loose. 😆 One happy bunny here.

xx

Welcome Anne hope we can keep you on the straight and narrow..or maybe you can keep us focussed…I am one of the wino’s just weekend..😀

Angela…good news on the bra and dress front…it all makes it worth while..😀

Tammy…not keen on vodka most of the others are fine…

Sarah …daughters here will catch you later..

Jean x

Morning all.
    Not started my FD yet. I’m leaving it till Monday to start as I’m having Catarrach surgery so probably will be easier to start then, especially as OH isn’t much good when I’m laid up.
    As for the discussion about alcohol. I very rarely drink now except on holiday and then not much. It doesn’t seem to agree with me anymore. It makes me feel awful and my eyes swell up. I’m only talking a couple of glasses of wine before I feel bad. It annoys OH but I think it’s because he thinks it makes him look bad. Not my problem.

Dank weekend here. I’m off shopping, have to feed the family tomorrow. Have a good weekend all.

Angela, BIG celebration!! lovely feeling, enjoy it amd many more to come xx

Jean, just don’t let her eat my florentines! haha xx

Right off to sniffle my way through Ashdown forest picking up daughter’s lab on way xx

Graham
    I’ve just read yours and some other posts about 5:2. You sound as if your not in a routine and struggling mentally. Well you say your 20st 10lbs, and have hip problems. Don’t despair you can lose weight on the FD. I weighed 20st 11 lbs when I started. I have a bad knee and hip so exercising is a problem. I started the 5:2 after years of trying everything even only having 400 Cal’s a day. Non of it worked and when it failed I emotionally ate even more. I have found this FD the best thing I’ve ever tried. I am now 18 st and yes I still have more to lose but I feel soooo much better and way more positive. Believe me when I say if I can do it anybody can. I really hope you succeed. 😁

caspersmum … great that you are getting the cataracts removed … I had mine extracted about 4 years ago … now NO needs for specs aside from reading small print …

I just had a local when I had mine done … was wide awake through the whole op which took about 20 minutes …the effect was immediate!

do let up know how you get on … Anne

Hi all

Sorry for posting so late but haven’t stopped so far today… busy organising the kitchen..,

I braved the scales this morning and after almost 2 weeks of take aways, bought sandwiches, crisps chocolate, and all other kinds of rubbish I have maintained my weight….. so I can’t lose weight when I fast but don’t gain weight when I eat!…

Can’t work if out!
    Got to dash sorry still unpacking, although my back is really sorry again now..

Have a great weekend everyone

Audrey x

Hi All..

Had a lovely afternoon with daughter…she rang and asked if I fancied helping her with a project, a red riding hood cape to be made…I thought it was for a class play for 4 year old…no it was for her, I didn’t think I would be doing dressing up clothes for a 45 year old!!….so a cape with a big hood, an apron and hair band…as usual she sat and watched oohhhing and aahhhing saying how clever I am…no pins…uummm..

Sarah…
    Hope you are feeling better soon and loose that cold on your way…..sorry Florentines went down well nearly gone, daughters had 5 but I wasn’t counting…lol…they are just too nice…

Carol..
    Good luck on your cataract surgery hope all goes well Monday….

Audrey..
    Nice you have maintained ….you just can’t understand it can you, eating loads to 5.2… at least you didn’t put on thats really good….hope alls going well and kitchens nearly finished.

Jean x

Eckama 123
    I’ve already had one eye done. I had the local injection. It was pretty painful. This time it’s drops so should be better. The one thing I didn’t like was that even after a new lens I still needed distance glasses which I didn’t expect. Would love to not have to wear glasses.
    Audrey
    Thanks, Im sure it will be fine.
    Kitchen sounds nearly done now.

Jean
    I love making costumes and crafty things. I’m going to make some animal heads to hand on the wall for my daughters jungle themed nursary for the new baby due in April. I’m only doing an Elephant, Giraffe and Zebra. Managed to get the animal print fabric. Looking forward to it once my eye is sorted.

Off to cinema tonight to see Fifty Shades with my daughter. I believe it’s a terrible film but there will be popcorn. Salty for me.

Carol…
    Enjoy the film or should I say popcorn…have a lovely time…..the nursery sounds different and lovely..

Jean x

Evening all,

Sounds like you’ve all had busy days.

Aud, well done on maintaining despite the takeaways.

Sarah, hope that walk helped and you’re feeling better.

Jean, hope the costume making is going well.

Carol, Have a lovely evening at the cinema. Watch out for the calories in that pesky popcorn. Certainly for me at least it takes loads and loads before I even feel I’ve eaten anything

Progress report Jean: On way home from MIL’S. I enjoyed a nice roast beef dinner. I confess to having a Yorkshire pudding and 3 roast potatoes and some cauliflower cheese. it was on my plate… but I managed to offload my mash potato to my stepson.
    Then for dessert was chocolate orange cake, but I did take the smallest slice and didn’t pour cream over like the others. To drink I did have one glass of fruit juice (to be polite as she doesn’t realise how calorific it is) and coffee and water… no wine. So, how bad do you think I’m doing? I can’t judge the calories 😣 xx

Angela..
    Like a good Sunday dinner under your TDEE I would say…better than you normally….nothing more today..

I have lost track today but I would say I am under TDEE..I had one small wine and said no to another bottle to be opened..I had my own curry…just had a quick add up ish 200 under…a bit high for me.

I have been hurting with the kettle but feel much better after two days off, might start again Monday.

Have a good evening

Jean x

Evening all

Daughters hair is nice, but alas not very bright, in fact your hard pushed to see it in a dull room, but she was warned.

So just to make everyone else feel better for their transgressions, I have had, mince and tatties, and half of a huge slice of toffee apple cream gateau, and that was just lunch, tea involved fried stuff, just not going to tell you it all lol.

And I just know, it won’t end there, will have to write today off.

Tammy x

Tammy..
    I am sure she will love her hair…it’s quite difficult on dark hair my hairdresser was trying to do her dark hair, looking as yesterday looks like she gave up.

Looks like a few of us have been naughty ish…must be strong tomorrow 😀

Have a good night

Jean x

Jean, no more food for me today but I have just poured myself a glass of Merlot. It’ll probably stay at the one as I don’t drink red the same as white, plus we’re just chilling in front of the TV so quiet time.
    For me, I think it’s nowhere near my usual weekend indulgence and thousands of calories in wine. We are out for lunch tomorrow after the boys get back from football, at 3.30, so I’ll try and go through til then too and just eat once tomorrow.
    Have you only played with your kettlebell once since you got it? Yes you can ache. I recommend magnesium flakes in a warm bath for the aches. Surprisingly though you can be aching, start swinging again and the ache goes.

Tammy, I hope your daughter is happy with her hair. xx

Angela…
    I did it two days and upped it the second day…my shoulder really hurt..much better today.
    I have had shoulder problems in the past so I will take it slowly, I really couldn’t of lifted the kettle, I told Steve I ached a little…umm

We have a wet room so no bath…so no soak although I did let the hot water run on it for a while.

My hair was wet through when I finished so I might do it every other day which would be a hair wash day anyway..I did manage in the bedroom..I have a wooden floor in the lounge I was frightened I dropped it..I would hate to to damage it…lol

Enjoy your wine…I think I have finished now unless I change my mind…..

Xx

You should take it steady then Jean. The idea isn’t to do yourself an injury but gently tone up.
    I should imagine the sweating will ease when you get more used to it but every other day is a good idea anyway.
    You can also buy magnesium oil to rub in directly if you don’t have a bath. xx

I’m tired today, far too early to head to bed yet but it will be an early night for me. I need to work a bit tomorrow.

Have a good evening xx

Hi All – AWOL yesterday for a family gathering through the west, but am enjoying reading everyone’s comments.

Welcome, Anne – this forum keeps me reasonably well-behaved, although I’m one of those who regularly has the perfect FD and then ‘celebrates’ with chocolate before bed! Thinking I might give up sweeties for Lent (not ver grown-up, but since I had the boy I find myself frequenting the sweetie aisle far too much!), and chocolate with the exception of 1 (yes, that will be ONE – hold me to it) piece of chocolate with me evening cuppa.

Angela – how exciting on the bra front (or should that be back…size). I have a little pot of notes hidden in a kitchen cupboard ready for the day when I can go and get myself measured and get something nice!

Sarah – sorry to disappoint – I preach! Hopefully not too long or too dull…there is an antique timer next to the pulpit (I use neither pulpit nor timer) that would traditionally be turned to ensure the congregation in the 17thcentury got the full 2 hours/money’s worth.

FD today – always find it easier on a busy Sunday, and I’m making vegetable soup for this evening’s group…I know they will be having very few cals, but they’re too kind to tell me if it’s not great, and the leftovers can stay in the kitchen for when I’m down here working through the week!

Carol – good luck with the eye surgery…everyone I know who has had it done says it’s amazing. My Mum said that she’d often wanted to wipe the face of the world, but that now is was all clean again – saved her the job!

Re vodka – not a drinker really (married a teetotaller!), but have fond memories of being shown the delights of ‘long vodkas’ on girls nights out in Glasgow. No idea what goes into that, although someone mentioned there’s something poisonous in it?! Well, I’ll drink to that!

Mx

Morning All,

A dreary sort of day here…

We are up in the loft today having a clear out and a tidy, I don’t think it’s as bad as Steve makes out so I will let you know…

We are on a low thoughtful day after yesterday, two meals, dinner being something on toast!!

Angela..
    I didn’t crack another bottle of wine but had a handful of almonds…hope you finished into the night without having anything else. Hope you get the work jobs done today..

Minols…
    Soup sounds good and carrying you into next week without the custard creams….they have not been mentioned in a while…chocolate for Lent, maybe a good one to join in with your boy….and a good one for you ..lol
    Have a good work day….

Jean x

Well, Fifty shades was better than I expected. My daughter commented that there wasn’t much foreplay but I said that the film’s only 1 hr 20 mins long they don’t have time. She started that uncontrollable laughing. It was a good night out and I didn’t eat very much popcorn either.

Thanks for all your good wishes for tomorrow eye surgery. I’m not worried about it but my OH doesn’t like that I won’t be running around after him. Always the same. I once asked him what would happen if I was sick. He said he would get someone to look after me. No matter, I’m a damn sight healthier than he is. 😁

Off to start the family dinner cooking. Mexican today, their favourite.

Hi all, sorry still very busy… new painting, today the ceiling… I am on cleaning up and fetching duty whilst Ian is up the ladder….

Carol Good luck for tomorrow… my mum has wonderful eyesight now hers are done…

Fast day either today or tomorrow, possibly today as the kitchen is all covered up with dust sheets, so we can’t get into cupboards or the fridge… either way it’s slimming world cottage pie. My friend came yesterday and gave me a quick lesson in electric oven cooking so feeling braver now.

Have a lovely day everyone

Audrey x

Morning all,

Jean, no more wine last night, stopped at one glass. But I did have some nuts and chocolate. We ate lunch at 1pm and by 9 I was hungry. I still don’t think that was a bad as normal as wine is far more calories (in the qtys I drink it!) 😂 Not eaten yet today and I won’t until we go out later.

Carol, good luck on the eye surgery tomorrow.

Minols, have a good FD. Weekends really are no go’s for me.

I’m busy this morning catching up on some work and that’s keeping me out of mischief. Boys are about to go to football then we’ll be off out for a late lunch when they’re back.

Kay, I’m thinking of you. I do hope you’re OK. xx

Hi all

Staying in today trying to shake off cold. Have eaten toast! Giving myself a good talking too and decided next target is to have less than a stone to lose. This means I have to lose 6 lbs. It doesn’t sound much but I have lost the grand total of only 2lbs in Feb. I really need to put some effort into this. I seem to think I am at maintenance but the reality is I have another 19 lbs still to go before I can start to think about that. At 2 stone down I look and feel better but I need to sort the rest out now. Ho hum.

Hope everyone’s having an ok day xx

Ps Carol, meant to say was very impressed with making animal heads!! Really I would have absolutely no idea how to start that. Very creative and clever. Good luck with the op tomorrow x

Hi Sarah,

I don’t blame you for staying in with this weather. Brrrr. Hope you’re starting to feel better.

I’m like you this month although I thought about it in a different way. When I chose 5:2 is was because (wrongly) I was under the assumption it was only restrictive 2 days a week. My husband suggested I tried 5:2 so we can still enjoy time together. But that’s not the reality here, it’s really restrictive 2 days a week, and then should still be restrictive, but less so, the other 5.
    I’ve been disappointed that my weight losses haven’t been as good as they would be on Slimming World, but the reason why is that on Slimming World I always restrict myself 6.5 days a week, with one evening off. I’m not doing that on 5:2.
    I’m thinking of rejoining SW online, and then treating my 5 days as SW days in between? I still want to lose 1st beforeyear holiday and it won’t happen at this rate.
    What’s everyone else’s views? xx

Well, I just braved the scales after yesterday and I’m still the same as yesterday morning. Hmmmm… maybe wine is my biggest problem. xx

Afternoon All..

Finished the loft…3 1/2 hours….worse than expected as I don’t go up much and Steve likes to push things up without thought…garage and loft are his domain and I try and not intervene….looks heaps better, we have done one tip run, another half car tip run and a charity run tomorrow to do ..lots gone.

After not going to eat lunch we had crumpets, work makes you hungry …lol

Carol…
    You did make me laugh what you said about the film…enjoy your family dinner……thinking of you tomorrow, hope all goes well..

Audrey…
    You sound as if you are doing more than you should be…hoping Ian keeps you under control..

Sarah…
    I think when we have lost a lot you take the foot off the pedal …a bit complacent….I think we all know were you are at….lot of us should know better but we all do it…when the better weather is here and summer clothes are coming out and salads are more welcome….we will feel more positive about it all..

Hope you soon feel better and loose the cold..

Angela…
    Any diet or way of life needs effort to change…I prefer this one to any of the others and I have done the lot. Everyone is different and it what suits you. SW you don’t have to join just use your book to guide you what to eat…but we are not on a diet it’s changing our views on eating, being sensible.
    We all know what to do, we all make excuses, we know what not to eat, we know we can’t have a bottle of wine, chocolates, me cakes, we choose to eat what we want…it’s our fault not the 5.2 or any other diet way. If we change, the weight will come off..get your head around being positive…that’s me too…we can only blame ourselves…swapping and changing I wouldn’t think it would help.

Only my thoughts…you have just said its ‘wine’…we all know were we fall…

I have to get stricter with myself..

Kay..
    Thinking of you all…

Cup of coffee time..😀

Jean x

Afternoon

Very long lie today, totally pouring it down, doing nothing today.

Yesterday was a total disaster, it ended with a trip to mcd’s, which is a good 20 minute drive to a next town and a couple vodka ‘ s to end the day, today isn’t going to be good either, so will just write them off and see how tomorrow goes.

Carol good luck tomorrow.

Hi to everyone else xxx

Jean, you’re right. it’s my mental attitude to 5:2 which is the problem, not 5:2 itself. It’s my personal expecting vs reality.

Thinking about it further, I liked SW as it didn’t restrict my qty of food.. and this is my overall issue. My portion sizes are too large.

I just need to treat my 5 days like a diet also where possible. Weighing this afternoon has shown me that.

Mmmmmm, crumpets. We don’t have them very often. Sounds like you deserved them after all that work this morning.

Off out now for lunch. It will be a bit naughty but I will enjoy it as my only meal of today. xx

Angela

I too have toyed with the idea of perhaps incorporating SW into my 52 wol…. I thought perhaps I would enjoy some eat all you can days… but as we restrict food for 2 days of the week and SW is no restriction I came to the conclusion that it probably wouldn’t work for me…

I have however thought that when we go to the caravan I may do SW whilst I am away…. Will wait and see..

Don’t pay to rejoin though as Jean said just use your books and there are loads of recipes on line..

Back again tomorrow Ian still up the ladder…😀😀..

Audrey xx

Hi Everyone

Anne, welcome. We’re a mixed, friendly bunch and there’s usually someone sharing a FD with you if you need a bit of company.

Had a lovey day with eldest daughter yesterday, didn’t do anything but nice that she was here. It’s only when she’s here that I realise how much I miss her when she’s away, but that’s our secret!

Was persuaded yesterday evening to have a takeaway, well it didn’t take much effort. I did find though that I was uncomfortable for quite a while after we ate and felt a bit off before I went to bed. It was a nice treat, but for me not one I want to repeat too often, I think I’m beginning to understand what my body wants/needs, and it’s not always what I think I’ll enjoy.

My youngest cleared out her wardrobe, so I thought I’d take a look in mine. Have ditched quite a few work clothes, even ones I thought would fit, but could the trousers off without undoing the buttons. I think I may try and spend 10 minutes a day trying stuff on and putting the ‘big’ stuff ready for a charity bad, which we seem to get everyday apart from when I need one!

Jean, I really must venture into the attic soon, my youngest usually does ‘a Steve’. I need to have a trip to the tip, find it really therapeutic.

Carol, good luck with the op tomorrow.

Audrey, don’t overdo it, please take care of your back.

Tammy, glad your daughter is pleased with her hair, even if not as bright as she’s hoped. I’d rather have something not as bright as I’d hoped than too bright.

Angela, I’ve never tried SW, but did dabble with WW for a month over a decade ago – not for me. For me the reality is that I can’t just eat what I want on NFD, if I don’t use moderation I put on (1.6lb from yesterday’s Chinese). I know that for me eating LCHF means I can get more food for my calories, and still enjoy things like creamy sauces which means I don’t feel deprived or hungry. I hope you find something that works for you.

Hemmy, I’m not sure if cutting out the sugar, and reducing the refined carbs, has given me an energy boost. I rarely get 6 hours sleep, and that’s usually
    interrupted (not out of choice). My meds for my underactive thyroid have also been upped in the last few weeks and these quite dramatically affect how I feel. So I’m not feeling like the Energiser Bunny, but managing better that I was, so that for me is a positive. I know I will continue to avoid sugar & refined carbs, but will allow the odd slip (pancakes already planned).

Kay, in my thoughts.

So usual FD planned for me tomorrow, and trying to be sensible today to reverse the takeaway gain. Anyone joining me tomorrow?

Take care everyone Lynne x

I think half the problem is February! It is an annoying month. We’ve had so long without nice weather and so long in the cold grey depths of winter.

Angela, I have never done SW but I have heard they allow and even push their own chocolate treats which sounds madness to me. I know some people who have lost on it but they haven’t kept it off. i think 5/2 is sustainable. But it is not a quick fix. I have been doing it since September 1st and while I am slimmer than I have been for a long time I am not exactly close to where I should be. If you think wine is the main sissue for you, could you really try to limit yourself to half a bottle of wine max only on two days of the week and no more? I am afraid if you want to be slim for St Lucia I think you are going to have to and if I want to get to goal for my birthday in mid June I am going to have to try harder too and be more consistently sensible.

Jean, I think you’re right we get a bit complacent and it will only work if we put the effort it. I dreamed last night I had put everything back on and woke up in a right old panic. I need to remember I am a fatty and could be back at bmi of over 30 very soon. I am mucking about with it at the moment.

Maybe we all have to remember that most of us are here because of a dysfunctional relationship with food and bad habits and desires we can have embedded over many years. That is certainly true in my case. This will work and we can get to where we need to be but it is hard work and lets face it very boring and dull at times. But being slim isn’t dull and boring and we can wear lovely clothes well, feel energised and gorgeous. and lean. I guess that’s the payoff!

I wonder if we should try to have a fresh new start in March and those who want to set and monitor goals, really challenge and hold ourselves properly accountable and report on progress every week. I remember when we did that in November and I lost 9lbs that month. Personally I could do with that sort of loss again. Maybe one of us could do what Kay did last time and keep count. I wouldn’t mind doing it. I can’t promise to do it as well as Kay did but I think she might not be up to it at the moment.

Angela, I have just ordered a measuring tape from amazon. I didn’t think a steel rule would do the job….

Anne, sorry have been meaning to say Hi and welcome to you but been preoccupied with my poor performance! Glad you are joining us.

HI all – just finished making a pot of soup for this evening…it’s simmering away on the hob and hopefully will stop me putting a don’t in the biscuit tin. I’ve had a couple of digestives (no custard creams at the moment, thank goodness!), but as long as I stick to the veggie soup for the rest of the day, I should be alright.

Angela – I think portion control is one of the things I try to be tight on because I’m useless at everything else when it comes to food. This has to be a do-able WOL for me and not a diet because I’m still loving so many foods I probably shouldn’t, so I try to have small amounts, and if the worst happens and I have too much junk, I at least try to only have a child’s portion of ‘real food’ – I know it should be the other way round, nd that’s way my weight-loss is so painfully slow. I can live with that, though, because I think this is a bit more sustainable for me…hope I’m not deluding myself!

Kay – hope you’re enjoying a quiet weekend with Ellie.

Mx

Thanks for the input everyone. Unfortunately I lent out my SW books a few years ago and never got them back.
    But actually, I think portion size rather than what I cook with is going to be key for me to have any kind of sustainable diet.

I’m not going to lie, wine will always feature. But keeping it to one night a week with regularity should be achievable.

I would love to join another strong push in March but I have 2 hen weekends and a work trip. That should not stop me from doing my best on days that don’t fall into those categories.

Another thought to help me get in control of portion sizes: Has anyone ever tried those meal box delivery services like Gousto etc? I’ve been toying with those for my NFD’s as I have a feeling I’ll be underwhelmed with the qty provided, but that should help me to understand what a meal should look like? xx

Angela…
    I am with you on the wine, I do like a glass…I did get to the stage when a bottle lasted three weeks…now it’s creeping up again. I can do without chocolate once I am not eating it. 😢

I was looking for smaller dinner plates, I did find some before holidays on line on a hotel web site..must look into that…

I have been good 850 calories today so have made an effort leading into a fast day and a very very tight week ahead for us both..

A few of us not really on track we must really help each other to keep focused.

I am thinking of putting us back on full fat milk I have been thinking about it for a while….I think Hemmy has changed over…it says it keeps you fuller longer and with more vitamins. We do drink a lot of milk so will have to monitor calories.

So we are with you Lynne tomorrow fasting…will it be a mass fast?? Who else?

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 10,251 through 10,300 (of 35,317 total)

You must be logged in to reply.