Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,896 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 3 hours, 33 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,201 through 10,250 (of 35,382 total)

• Black day……

Ellie has skin lymphoma with poor prognosis. I am devastated. Luckily Ellie is fine in herself but I have to get my head round what to do and work out whats best for her and not be selfish and think about me.

Will be back when Im less in pieces….

Had toast and loads of coffee so no fasting, probably off the whole 5:2 for now as I will be surprised if I dont stress eat, but will try and think before I eat things….

Kay, I am so very, very sorry. Your love for Ellie will give you the strength to do whatever is needed for her. Thinking of you Xxxxxxx

Afternoon

Snow gone 😒

Fd going well, but my body must be needing food, it keeps catching me out, I think I’m not hungry, but if I go to the fridge or see food, I have this over powering urge to stuff my face, I even picture it in my mind lol, it will not win.

DF I think we like to torture ourselves, I find I am beginning to feed my daughter lol, I keep feeding her what I want and I really have to stop it, before she begins to get a weight problem, but it’s like I’m feeding through her, I know I sound daft, I could just see me giving her 24 chocolate cakes, going “eat them”, “eat them”.

Was going to have a small treat of sausage and mash for tea (making it for the others),but it’s just too many calories, it wouldn’t be worth the tiny amount, so recon it will be poached egg and ryvita.

Audrey hope your ok and not doing too much.

Angela, I am the same as you, very little will power when it’s in front of me, especially the booze, glad I have to drive every week day, so I only get to indulge at the weekend.

Minols, Lent, do you participate?, could you explain it to me?, I have heard of it of cause, but if I am honest, haven’t really paid attention, you have me interested.

Take care everyone getting battered by Doris, it’s all fine here just a bit rain now, no wind.

And of cause hi to everyone else I haven’t mentioned.

Missing Carol, Louise, cookie, are holidays over?, come back.

Tammy xxx

Kay, I missed you post, so sorry about Ellie, thinking of you all, you will make the best decision, for you and Ellie, forgot about 5:2, and concentrate on more important things, and know we are all with you xxx

Tammy x

Kay

So sorry to hear the devastating news about Ellie. It’s good that she is fine in herself so spend some time just enjoying her company before thinking about the future too much.

As for 5:2, it’s not going anywhere, and neither are we, so just be kind to yourself for a while.

You know where we are if you need us.

Lynne x

Kay, I am so so sorry about ellie, but I am sure that when the time is right you will do what needs to be done for her..❀❀

My back has reacted badly to either the cortisone or the alcohol however I have big lumps on my back which are extremely painful… Ian has rang husband boss and booked this week off… they said I am supposed to rest in bed for 48 hrs if possible but lying on my back or sitting for any length of time is painful..😭😭😷..

Will post again tomorrow Thanks for all your support

Audrey x

Kay…
    I am so sorry at the news, its devastating…keep going while she is quite well and try and get your head around it….forget the fasting if you have too but keep popping by if you can…❀️..big hugs for all of you.

Audrey..
    Sorry you are feeling so unwell…you must rest up and behave yourself…looks as if you haven’t got much choice at the minute. πŸ’• Hugs to you too..

Jean x

Hey Kay

So sorry about Ellie.. Stay strong xx

Sending love Kay, look after yourself x

Kay .. so very sorry to hear your sad news. Xx

Just do what your gut feeling tells you. If Ellie is not in pain enjoy her and her you while all is ok. Its so hard with our wonderful fur babies but things do have a way of showing us what todo.

Similar situation years ago with our lovely Beau… asked the vets advice as there was no pain he told us we would know when the time came.

Kay… Bless you all .. we are here for you. Xx

Audrey… Just pleases take care of Audrey.. Please just rest up. Xx

Oh dear, Kay – it’s the nightmare, isn’t it. And you’re right, it’s a matter of getting your head round it for Ellie’s sake. I always tell the boy that we chose to take responsibility for looking after an animal, to make the choices the animal can’t make, because we’re the humans…don’t like it when it gets to this, though. Be thinking of you.

Audrey – you sound so sore…look after yourself.

FD – managed to eat all my calories when out having ‘Tesco tea’ with the boy and feel absolutely stuffed! Really not convinced I could eat more if I tried – yippee!

Tammy – you asked about Lent (switch off everybody!) I’m not an expert because I come from a bit of the Church that didn’t really pay much attention to traditions…but as I’m getting older, I’m finding certain disciplines really useful. Essentially, you could see it as a time of Christian mindfulness. Within the Judeo/Christian/Islamic faiths, we like to do things for particular periods of time, and one of our favourites is 40 – which really just means ‘a long time’. So, because Jesus is recorded as having gone into the desert for 40 days of fasting and spiritual preparation before beginning his ministry, we take the 40 days of Lent (6 weeks to Easter minus Sundays, I think), starting with Ash Wednesday (this year 1st of March) as a time of preparation, too. Fasting or abstinence in some form is a way of reminding ourselves not to be controlled by our ‘appetites’, and to set ourselves a way of showing our seriousness about our spiritual lives – showing it I guess to ourselves and God. So some people drop chocolate for Lent, or alcohol…and some people take something up – like they get off the bus a stop early, and walk, either for the good of themselves physically, or they walk prayerfully, or meditatively…the ideas are as endless and creative as you want to be.

I don’t know if I’m doing anything daily for Lent, yet – I’m a bit of a last minute decider! But I have quite a lot of prep for others in terms of weekly things that happen in Lent…which means I have to be ahead of the game!

Anyway, that’s one idiot’s idiot’s guide to Lent…sure I’ve forgotten something really important, but there you go!

Mx

Hi all.
    Got back from our cruise today. Had a frightening landing at Manchester airport today. Plane was being blown from side to side. Scary.
    Had no internet so couldn’t keep in touch.
    Kay
    I’m so sorry to hear about Ellie’s diagnosis. I had a dog who had problems that couldn’t be resolved. It broke my heart and I can’t have another one.

Been eating and drinking way to much while I’ve been away and will have gained weight. It doesn’t matter as I’m just going to carry on as if I’ve started all over again. Will take a week or so to get back into fasting but will persevere.

Hope everyone else is doing fine.

Carol..

Lovely to have you back…we have missed you. Hope you had a lovely time and not too stressful with OH. I have just seen a plane landing at Manchester airport, it had to go around again…a bit frightening.

I am with you on the weight gain, I have done the first fast week after my holiday, I was up 5 lb on a pre look but that was after a few days…official weigh in tomorrow which I am dreading…hoping for 3 lb up 😬..I would be OK with that.

Our food was a dieting nightmare…the drink not too bad…but life goes on with these hitches, life’s too short with no treats….

Jean x

Mass Fasters…

All going great here…food all finished…456 calories I have finished at…a small bedtime drink of milk which I don’t count!

MM passed that if you can’t sleep..lol..πŸ’€πŸ’€

Looking forward to trying my new chocolate cakes tomorrow, they are very small…like a florentine..

How is everyone doing..keep strong not much longer..

My arms are aching a bit after the excerise..see how I go, I may miss a day..I’ll see..πŸ˜€

Jean x

Audrey, hope you are coping and not doing anything to give yourself time to recover.

Jean, I totally love florentines!

Carol, nice to see you back. I really dislike flying and I am sure that landing today would have sent me over the edge.

Stay strong fasters. You’re nearly there x

Minois… Lent explained beautifully. Think I will go for abstaining from chocolate easier than wine. lol Xx

Carol … lovely to have you back. Think its best to keep plodding on. Sometimes gets hard but we all know it does work. Xx

Sym .. good luck to you and Steve for way in tomoz. ( Didn’t way this week) felt rebellious. Lolol Ok now though. Xx

Hemmy…
    We all have a rebellious streak…after been on it a while..and stalling for a bit.
    A few of us on the downward run and our bodies aren’t playing…it’s not fair….lol

Sarah…
    I will save you a couple…hope they taste as good as they look….mouth watering at the thought…..

Jean x

Thanks for the welcome back. I feel I need to get back to my routine. 12 days confined in a ship’s cabin with my OH was challenging. He drank an unbelievable amount of alcohol, ordering his next drink before he’d drank a third of his last one. That’s the problem with all inclusive packages. Need to sleep alone in the peace and quiet. Really looking forward to my rest tonight.

Back to normal tomorrow. 😁

Kay, I’m so sorry to hear about Ellie. If she is fine in herself you don’t need to make any quick decisions, just give her plenty of love and cuddles.

Aud, sorry to hear you’re unwell. Try to rest up and look after yourself.

Tammy, I’m so rubbish with willpower. I’ve just weighed and am 1lb up in Wednesday morning. Fingers crossed a good day today and a fast tomorrow will give benefits.

Hi everyone else. Welcome back Carol. xx

7 Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water in the Morning

1. Improves Digestion: Lemon juice helps loosen and flush out toxins from the digestive tract. Lemon juice can help ease indigestion, heartburn, and bloating. It also helps to move your bowels in the morning, hydrate your colon, and stimulate bile production.

2. Boosts Immunity: Lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C, which helps strengthen the immune system and fight cold and flu.

3. Boosts Energy: Lemon water gives you an instant boost of energy and improves your mood right at the start of your day.

4. Assists Weight Loss:Β Although lemon water on its own is no weight loss miracle, it can definitely help you achieve faster and long term results. Lemon water is satiating, helping you overcome the urgeΒ to snack in between meals.
    5. Is Antibacterial and Antiviral:Β Lemons have antibacterial and antiviral properties. They help fight the flu, cold, and soothe a sore throat.

6. Boosts Brain Power:Β The high levels of potassium and magnesium in lemon water are beneficial forΒ brain and nerve health. Lemon water can give you the boost you need to fight depression and stress.

7. FightsΒ cancer:Β Lemon’s antioxidants also reduce the risk of several types of cancer. Xx

Drinking lemon water in the morning gives me really bad cystitis …sorry Hemmy….xx

Oh Sym that is such a shame. It really helps with congestion…clears the sinuses.

Have it in warm water.. I love it. Xx

Hemmy…
    I must admit my Mum had it every morning with warm water before breakfast….I like it but it doesn’t like me…

Xx

Thanks for all your comments and support. I have, for the time being, managed to stop crying 😟

I have to remember that almost 8 years ago, I rescued her after being found as a stray on the streets when she was roughly about 2 or 3 years old. She has given me 8 years of happiness and I am pretty sure, as far as you can tell, she has been happy with the life Ive given her.

Only people who have fur babies and no children will understand where I am right now 😒

I am still grappling with all the information and what to do as I want to do the right thing as much as I can.
    Chemo….steroids…nothing….

We are only talking weeks, and only months with max invasive treatment.

Last night I had about 3 hours sleep as my sister told me stuff that got me worried. Today I have had the phone call and dont expect to sleep much tonight either.

All I wished for is for her to have a natural peaceful end to her lovely life, not a premature one which we have to end ourselves πŸ™

Sorry peeps, I am so preoccupied. I know in the scheme of things, people go through a lot worse, but things are relative and this hurts.

On the plus side, I couldnt eat my tea πŸ™

OH Kay bless you. xx Of course you feel devastated. Its your little darling… baby …

I always say ..I look at a new born baby and go oh how beautiful. I look at a puppy and my heart flutters and I want it.

That’s us the way we are no apologies. The heart feels heavy for you Kay. You have had so much to contend with and you do it so bravely girl.

Thoughts … and oh so many hugs for you Kay . Xx

Hi Kay,

I completely empathise with how you’re feeling. I’m getting closer to having to make the decision with Marmite. She isn’t really any better and tonight I found blood in her stools too. I think we’re near the end if I do what’s right for her.
    I console myself that she’s had a happy life, one she might not have otherwise had if I hadn’t rescued her. Maybe together we can help each other come to terms with the decisions we have to make. xx

Kay, i so wish I could think of something to say that would help a bit. Words are completely inadequate. I do know you can really, really love an animal and Eliie is so lucky you and Neil have loved her so much and given her such a good life, a life she may not have had if you hadn’t rescued her. I hope that the thought of that good life will help you. Xxxxx

Morning all

Kay, I hope you have managed to get some sleep, I know there is nothing I can say that will ease the pain you are in, but believe me when I tell you my heart is breaking with yours..I too have had to say goodbye to a dog far too early in his life,and it isn’t easy but I know you will make the right decision for Ellie as we did for our little fudg Who we said goodbye to when he was just aged 9 from a heart defect..

Changing subjects now, I am hoping to wave goodbye to the kitchen fitter today as long as my missing door turns up… then it’s painting and new flooring…must say the kitchen looks great it’s light oak, with cream and terracotta tiling…

Off now back later

Audrey x

Kay, sending lots of love to you .. I’m so sorry πŸ™ I know nothing I say will alter the situation, but know I’m thinking of you *hugs*

Audrey, enjoy your kitchen πŸ™‚ I bet its lovely πŸ™‚

Jean, those granola and chocolate buns you made sound absolutely divine! Bet they’re delicious and wonderfully indulgent πŸ™‚

Hope everyone got through the fast day yesterday, good luck to any Friday fasters.

I’m SO ready for weekend. As we were away last weekend I’ll be cleaning for most of tomorrow (I’m calling it exercise lol) and then hopefully relaxing for the rest of the time. May treat myself to a couple of glasses of vino too πŸ˜‰

Stay strong everyone, and extra hugs to Kay today xx

Morning all,

Kay, I hope you’re OK and managed to get some sleep. Sending you hugs.

Aud, kitchen sounds good. It’ll be great when you get it fully back and can enjoy the space. Hope you’re OK too?

Well I’m fasting today. Kick-start my not so naughty weekend. Is anyone with me? xx

Morning all

Carol welcome back, I hope you enjoyed your holiday despite your husband.

Minols thankyou for explaining lent, I am a little more knowledgeable now.

Well weigh day (batteries changed, and I am totally hacked off this week, 4 fast days no cheating and haven’t lost, haven’t gained, but it is very disheartening, nothing else I can really say.

Hope everyone has a good day

Those weighing in do better than me.

See you later. X

Morning all

Angela, sorry missed you sad post about Marmite last night. Some very heartbreaking decisions going on. Good luck fasting today.

I too have weighed and stayed exactly the same. It is a bit disappointing because with the single exception of Saturday night I thought I had been very controlled amd with the usual 2 liquid fasts. Also managed to pick up a cold which only ever happens when I am on leave.

Tammy, do you think the scales are ll on a walk out?? I think we just have to remember that it is not linear but a bit worried about reducing metabolism if you do so many fast days. Does anyone else have any experience of this? Otherwise I guess it is just about breaking through the odd plateau on the journey. Ah well if it were easy I guess we wouldn’t be here!

Audrey your kitchen sounds nice, hope you are feeling a bit better.

Minols, I agree with Tammy amd Hemmy, very nice clear explanation about Lent. Having been brought up in quite a strict Catholic family I would have thought I knew about it but I learned something too.

Sending positive thoughts to everyone especially those of us dealing with very difficult life issues xx

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Thinking of those of you with heart breaking decisions. Healing thoughts to you. Xx

Off out to an unexpected lunch with my bestie. So no fasting today . Good luck all.

Found an interesting article on the benefits of no sugar.. will post later.

Off across the fields on this beautiful sunny calm day after seeing the end of Doris. Lol

Have a good one all. Xx

Brit lovelies…”Don’t let the choice that you didn’t make weigh you down.” Xx

The missing doors are here hurrah…. kitchen fitter should be finished soon yeah!

I am still resting, my back is feeling easier! I did get up last evening to help Ian clean up a little after the fitter, he is such a messy workman. Popped his head through the door yesterday and said to me I could do with you getting your Henry (cleaner) out…. I thought Ian was going to explode… however he just got up and said “my wife is on bed rest if you think she is going to clean up today after you think again, here is a dustpan and brush and there is a bin! “. πŸ˜€..

Have a good weekend all, I am hoping to start fasting again on Monday all being well..

Audreyx

Morning All…

A very blue calm day…

Hairdressers for cut and blow, then being picked up to drop some motirbike wheels with a man, then off out to lunch. I have had a lot of motorbike this week so it will be nice to get back to normal..

Weigh in today…me 4 lbs up…Steve 2lbs up…so not too bad…I don’t like my graph going sky high..😟

Kay..
    Lots of thoughts and hugs going to you all…a very hard decision..Symba was our fur baby just ours…we put ourselves in her shoes, lots of intervention and pain for a few weeks of life? We couldn’t leave her at the vets as it was too stressful away from us, I wanted to bring her home for the weekend, the vet said I was only thinking about myself and had to think of our kindness to her…you will make the decision when the time is right you will know….❀️

Angela..
    You have the hard decision in the future…we have never cried so much…We say good morning to her every day she is in our garden. Her bed is still in the lounge, it’s 5 months now but it helps.

Audrey..
    Hope you are resting up…the kitchen sounds lovely just a little bit more…

Hemmy…
    Have a lovely lunch with your bestie…always nice…..what did your neighbour/friend do in the end??

Tammy and Sarah..
    It’s disheartening when you stay the same you may loose more next week…I am a bit with your feelings but worse!

DF..
    I will let you know on my new cake recipe later..looking but not had one yet..πŸ˜€

Must dash running a bit late…makeup to go on…lol..speak pm..

Jean x

Tammy, I wonder if with so many fasts you’re sending your body into starvation mode. It can then store fat for survival. Try to return to just 2 for a week and see how you get on maybe?

Sarah, don’t worry about the maintain. If you’ve been good I’m sure it will show. As you’ve started exercising more you could be losing size, not weight. For me the goal is always size. is it worth you starting to measure?

Jean, 4lb is not too bad. You’ll shake that off in no time.

Aud, glad the missing doors have turned up and Ian supported you last night.

I’m not sure I’m as devastated as you Kay, I’ve had quite some time to come to terms with what I need to do. Marmite’s had a long and happy life. For you it’s more sudden and too early which makes your decision harder. As Jean says, all the intervention is stressful for them also. I’m seeing some positive effects of the blood pressure meds on Marmite, she is calmer, but the Loxicom pain relief is damaging her internally. So even if she’s not in pain for her legs, she’s still hurting. I’ve decided that the next child free weekend is most likely going to be it (I will selfishly want my husbands undivided attention and support) unless I see a real improvement before then. I could see my Dad’s thoughts when he came up a couple of weeks ago and that told me I was being selfish.
    She is destined to help our rose garden bloom this summer. 😒 xx

Afternoon All,

All back from a ride to Nottingham to take the wheels…we have had a lovely meal out so just a snack tonight.

A bit aching ..no a lot aching so no kettle bells today..may do some Monday..maybe I am to old for all this…I am all good in the head to go the body lets me down…lol

A lazy afternoon now a bit of reading..

DF….my cakes are lovely, if you can call them cakes….they are more like nut clusters from a box of chocolates…I have put them in the smallest of bun cases……I am limiting them!…just two..πŸ˜‚

Jean x

Good day all.
    So sad about Ellie and now Marmite. Doing what’s best for them is sometimes very hard but done for the best interests of our pets because we love them.I lost my dog 13 yrs ago and it can still bring a tear to my eye. I feel so sad for you both.

Had a weigh and I’m up 6 lbs from our holiday. I did drink and that always piles the lbs on me. No matter, onwards and upwards.

Audrey
    Sounds like your kitchen is nearly finished. I would love a new kitchen. Mine is very dark and dowdy. Is your bad back because you’ve been doing to much.

Been to visit my youngest daughter and my very cute grandsons. Louie the baby now has 2 new teeth and Freddie is learning maths at 3 yrs. Missed then soooooo much.

As my original post disappeared into the ether, this is a very much condensed version.

Kay and Angela, just had to say how much I’m thinking of you both and have shed a tear with you. I think many of us are/were mummies to fur babies, so we understand a little of what you are feeling. It’s horrible when we have to make the grownup decisions, but you know your girls well and will do what’s right when the time is right.

Looking forward to fish and chip supper – hope it doesn’t disappoint. Eldest daughter is also home Saturday to stay (must need help with an assignment and obviously washing), so may well get persuaded to have a take away. Still, I’ll be under calories today and provided I use my sensible head there shouldn’t be any damage done that can’t be put right with FD on Monday.

Phil will be in his element with all the rugby on Saturday, so hope to get a few jobs done around the house. DF, even ‘Trust me, I’m a Dr’ proved housework is exercise, so who am I to argue with the professionals! I think my youngest has plans for me to help her learn a piece for her Welsh oral GCSE, which would be great if I could speak Welsh. Perhaps I could get our eldest to oblige as she’s going to be around.

Audrey, I hope you’re resting your back. I’ve had regular cortisone injections, but thankfully never had any problems. Make sure you take care of yourself. Glad the final piece of the kitchen has arrived.

Tammy & Sarah, perhaps the FD were being used for housework rather than weight loss. I’m sure next week will be more rewarding.

Minols, thanks for the explanation of Lent. Like Sarah I had a strict Catholic upbringing/schooling and have the Catholic guilt to prove it.

Jean, glad you had a good day out, I trust the hairdressers was a success. 4lb gain will be lost quickly, you’ve probably already lost about that since you’ve been back.

Hemmy, lunch with your friend is a lovely way to slid into the weekend.

Carol, glad you got home safely after your scary landing. Like Jean, I’m sure the holiday weight will be easier to lose than the fat I’ve been keeping hold of so tightly for so many years.

I hope everyone has as a relaxing weekend as possible.

Thanks again everyone for all your support.

Lynne x

HI All –
    Carol, you’re right, the pets I grew up with can still make me cry, but they also make me smile. We don’t have many family memoires that they are not in – either right smack in the centre, or around the fringes of them. my Mum told me that when it finally became time for the last of the cats, she knew (Candy was 20 by this time), and so she took her to the vets and held her until the end – brave and responsible. I hope I manage to be the same when it really is our old boy’s time, as I was rubbish when his back legs started going. I also have a bit of a working theory about why we feel so incredibly emotional about our pets…there’s all the stuff to do with unconditional love, and a completely giving responsibility that makes them so important to us, But I think that when they die, we often use our sorrow for them as a safe place to also wrap up the sorrows we still carry for others – the often unexpressed but still remaining grief for someone we lost a while ago, or even for a dream we never fulfilled, or a longing that has never been satisfied. All of a sudden th floodgates open…anyone, that’s my 5p-worth of pop-psychology for the day!

Even if I’m right, understanding it doesn’t make it any less real, and Kay and Angela – just know that we all feel for you, however you make the decisions you are making, and will feel with you through the outcomes, too.

Audrey – your kitchen sounds wonderful…a light clean kitchen just lifts the spirits.

Hemmy – I’m intrigued by the lemon juice. I was raised on hot lemon and honey for colds as a child, and in NZ they added ginger, too. But I haven’t ever used it without the sweetness of honey. So is this still the small amount of lemon juice with hot water, or a greater quantity of it?

NFD for me. Tammy, I think I’m with Sarah about watching out for lowering of metabolism (not that I get the technical side of it) Occasionally doing more fasts is definitely a good idea for kick-starting a plateau, but part of the theory if I remember rightly is that fasting married with feasting is the natural pattern fro our bodies…a view, of course, that I find really easy to embrace !! Alright, maybe I go overboard on the feasting days and need to rein those in a bit, but I like the principle. Feel like I’ve feasted a bit too much today – maybe I should give up Cadbury’s crΓ¨me eggs for Lent! So will be off to cook a light tea for the boy and me.

Mx

Afternoon

Well the weekend is upon us, usual shopping with mother, just had my daughter at the doctors, very bad throat, but of cause it’s viral, painkillers help, but it doesn’t help when the school won’t give them, never mind she will get them in her bag on monday if needed, but she is getting her hair dipped dyed tomorrow, so something for her to look forward to.

I have decided that I will just do 2 fasts next week and can’t believe I am feeling anxious about only doing 2, what has happened to my mind lol,
    Have even arranged a lunch out with my bf, it’s been a while, so something for me to look forward to.

Audrey hope your kitchen is done.

Angela and kay, hope the fur babies are good today.

Tammy xxx

Good afternoon girls Xx

Had a lovely lunch and natter on this beautiful day. Just a sweater and body warmer a nice change.

Nice meal and small glass of wine as my friend was driving. .. I kept her company. lol

A nice Inn towards Aylesbury and we hiccupped at the prices a bit but decided it was our treat day and we deserved it. Lol

Some lovely salmon and the cheese board.

Minois… Its half a fresh lemon squeezed into 10-12 oz of water. Xx

Here is the interesting article for anyone wanting to cut out the sugar from their diet. The author did a 30 day trial.

Hope everyone is ok. Xx

ttp://www.sugarfreelikeme.com/p/benefits-of-going-sugar-free.html Xx

Think that’s the right link. Missed the h off. Lol Xxxx

http://www.sugarfreelikeme.com/p/benefits-of-going-sugar-free.html

Hemmy..
    Interesting read on sugar…..thinking on the hot lemon I used to drink it through the day in the office…more than likely too much…lol..your lunch sounded nice..

Tammy..
    Your poor daughter they won’t give the antibiotics, hope the painkillers work…what is hair dipped dyed? that’s a new one on me..

Minols..
    You have a lovely way with words…

Lynne..
    Good luck on the Welsh home work..that sounds an iffy one…I have a good hairdresser every 6 weeks, just a long bob needs to be kept tidy. Desperate for my roots again, its a pain in the bum! This week sometime..

Steve brought up a strict Catholic..he’s no guilt that way at all..not after all cruel Nuns and Fathers….they knocked it out of him!

Well the weekends starting, may have a wine later but a careful weekend ready for Monday.

Have a good weekend

Jean x

Angela…..PACT CALLING have a thoughtful one..πŸ˜‚..X

Jean, it’s where they only dye the bottom 1/3rd of the hair, Rhiannon has medium brown hair and wants purple, but because it’s so dark she has been warned that the colour might not stick or could turn out not right (with out bleaching first), but she is adamant and is paying for it herself, I have to admit sometimes it just looks stupid especially if it’s a dead straight line but we will be asking for it to be blended in properly.

She is feeling better now after some ibruprofen, I had the same thing a few weeks ago, lasted a good week if not longer.

Tammy x

Jean, as you were only a few miles away from me today in Nottingham you could have come and checked up on me! πŸ˜‚ FD today and so far nothing but coffee.
    I don’t usually fast on a Friday and all day I’ve been thinking “oooh, I might relax with a couple of glasses of wine tonight”… and then I remember! Nope, not for me.
    The boys are having fish and chips for tea tonight, little buggers. I’m staying late in the office so I don’t have to go home and smell them! πŸ˜‚

Thanks for your kind comments about Marmite. I’m thinking about Kay though and hope you’re OK? xx

Some lovely weekend plans for everyone here, except me Jean, I am a good girl πŸ˜† lol. xx

Sym.. You asked about my friend this morning. They moved to a beautiful property fresh start and all that.

It seems like its just all reverted back in her words… ” same old.”

Such a shame a more hardworking.. kind person you wouldn’t find. Always the way and a waste. All I can do is listen and not judge. Very hard when its your friend who would do anything for you.

I am getting back to 5-2 in a fashion come Monday. Trying to read up on the sugar thing already do the lemon and it works well for the skin and congestion which I have in the past suffered from.

Just wondering what happened to Celtic and Stu… Always interesting .

Your day sounded lovely. So pleased to see the sunshine.

Wine time .. Still very full from lunch so I am making a very conscious effort to call food a halt. Lol

Don’t eat too many of the cakes/chocolates. Lol They do sound absolutely fabulous though. Lol Xx

Angela..
    FD Friday is a bad one, I try and avoid but nearly over for you…I like Friday off it has been reasonably more normal to usual Fridays, may just have one wine later..

Tammy..
    I know what you mean now..I have seen it, didn’t know what it was called..glad she’s feeling a bit better maybe the thought of tomorrow..lol

Audrey..
    Hope you are pleased with the kitchen and behaving yourself!!

Hemmy..
    Hope your friend settles again but usually as you say it continues the same..things don’t really change…but I hope he does! It’s easy for him but not for her.
    The little cakes are a bit too nice, had 4 each today 😬 ( don’t tell Angela) I think I will put them away as they will keep, daughter will eat a few tomorrow…if Steve doesn’t see them he forgets πŸ˜‚

Have a lovely weekend.

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 10,201 through 10,250 (of 35,382 total)

You must be logged in to reply.