Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,906 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 14 hours, 2 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,151 through 10,200 (of 35,392 total)

• Sounds like everyone’s doing great πŸ™‚ had a few posts to catch up on .. sorry for not replying individually!

Completed my fast day yesterday, although stress at home threatened to throw me off track .. I didn’t let it though … sod that, use it to make me more determined!

NFD today, not hungry so far, so I’ll go as long as I can before I eat anything. Tad headachey though .. probably stress related πŸ™

Have great day everyone, I’m trying to put my mind back to weekend and how relaxed I felt.

Stay strong x

Morning DF. Well done for staying strong yesterday. You’ll be grateful for it come weigh in day.
    I hope the stress subsides and whatever issues get resolved.

I had a good FD yesterday coming in at 391 calories. Seeing the benefit on the scales today: Not where I was last Friday morning but not far off. Like you I’m going to hold off eating for as long as possible today. Low fat chilli for tea tonight.

Have a good day everyone. xx

Morning

Glad to hear the fasting went well, I am fasting till Friday, not sure about yea yet but have some nice low calorie ready meals.

Bit tired and headachy myself but only because my daughter was threatening to throw up in the night, so I slept in her room. But she didn’t and is fine this morning, tucking into pancakes.

Right better get ready for work, see you later x

Hey Guys

It’s not great to be dependant, let’s just leave it at that. I have no say over what goes on with my own wheelchair

I am not fasting this week. stomache virus has left me weak

Kay, happy Ellie is doing better, and Neal, too. Of course

Audrey, it;s too bad we can’t post pictures on this forum. I would love to see your new kitchen

Jean, what is the damage after your stint in the U.S? I know it’s a disaster for people on a diet, but I have always wanted to go there

Minols, is the boy enjoying our boy Harry? As a kid I always like Albus Dumbledore most. Or Albus Perkamentus as I first knew him as. The Dutch Translator was the only one to change all the names. You seem to go on a lot of cool trips!

Have we lost Louise? Or is she just in India wit Iain?

Hi everybody else, I read all your messages and hope to get to know you soon

Have a good day, everybody
    x

Morning all

Survived my fd yesterday but it was the hardest one yet! NFD today and I think I’m coming down with the flu but will plough on, I don’t have time to be ill.

Gotto you have inspired me to get my kettlebell out, I have a 12kg one that sits by my dining room window, I love it as an exercise and used to go to a class. I also have a Gillian Michaels dvd with kettlebells but I haven’t even unwrapped it which is just ridiculous.

Can’t remember who was off to Disneyland but I might have to come to you for some tips in the future, I really want to take Jacob sometime but I’ll need to do it in the most cost effective way.

Have a good day all, the boss is in today so I’ll check back in tonight. Clare x

Morning All..

Bright day here..

Off to see my daughter on my own for a light lunch out…she is out with the girls for a meal tonight, so it will be light. Steve is messing with motorbike things in the garage, a big push to get it on the road in a couple of weeks….

OOOps ooops ooops…the scales are not very nice, I thought they may be kind me 5lbs up Steve 4lbs up..hope they are better for official weigh in Friday…goodness what we were when we first got back!!

Angela..
    I did start looking last night on the kettlebell, will follow it up this afternoon…if we get to the gym there is a kettle class….on excerise, walking, my friend is doing 147,000 steps every week, she is linked on my Fitbit..not loosing at all..she must be eating loads…just makes you think when you try and excerise it must be for just toning.

Vi…
    Lovely to see you back sorry you are not having a good time at the moment..hope the tummy bug clears up soon..Louise is on a two week break from us and a holiday, I do hope she returns.

Tammy….
    Children they soon buck up…hope you feel better soon..

Audrey..
    Hope you get nearer to finishing th kitchen…

Must dash I am running late, back pm, hi to everyone I have missed…have a good day..πŸ˜€

Jean x

Morning everyone

Official weigh in today – down 2.7lb for the week. Another good week so really pleased.

Good liquid FD yesterday, not always easy, but manageable and love feeling in control.

Tammy, glad your daughter was well last night. Nothing worse than the middle of the night bed stripping and cleaning up when a child is sick, plus the knock on effect of not going to school, though mine went sometimes if it was a one off and they felt well. My poor kids never got a chance to pull a sickie!

Jean, hope you have a lovely lunch with your daughter and I’m sure the extra baggage you brought from the US will be gone in no time. You’ll be in good company on the straight and narrow with Angela.

Audrey, not long now before the kitchen is finished and you can get back to eating normally.

DF, when the going gets tough … Well done on remaining firm to your FD despite the stress.

Kay, hope Ellie and Neil are continuing to improve.

Angela, sounds like you’ve got a plan for the weekend, and you know you can use us to help keep you accountable.

Looking forward to a good NFD today and just about to break my fast with a bowl of porridge which has been in the fridge since last night – makes it really creamy.

Well done, Pasha – and especially as you’re consistently losing!

Jean – holiday pounds are so horrible…but you know I always reckon that if you tackle them quick before they have a chance to settle in, put down a rug, feel at home then you can boot them out quick!

Managed to walk 11.5 miles yesterday altogether – helped by the younger dog finding a way out through the fence! Today I won’t get so far, but I’ll walk the boy to swimming, even if I don’t actually get round to going in the pool. I should, of course, but I’ve sort of got used to that 30 mins of peace in the cafeteria! I’ll see.

Next week is manic, so I’m trying to get ahead this week, so catch up when I’ve got something actually written and planned for Lent starting!

Mx

Afternoon

Well done Pasha, it is such a boost to keep loosing.

Minols wow 11.5miles, don’t think I have ever walked that lol

Jean and Steve, you were expecting a gain and not too much for the time you were away, am sure it will come off quickly.

Kay hope Ellie and Neil are still on the up.

Audrey kitchen must be taking shape.

Clare it was myself that mentioned Disney Paris, feel free to ask away, my hubby is a destination expert on trip adviser for disney Paris, will help you with anything you need to know.

My daughter not having a good run of things, she was straightening her hair for school, when she dropped the straighteners and automatically grabbed for them and of cause burnt her finger, it was enough to push her over the edge,I took pity and she stayed off today.

Well just had a chicken oxo feeling it today, but tea won’t be to long now, just have to stay strong till then.

Hi to everyone I have missed.

Tammy xxx

Ha All…

Lovely few hours with daughter just the two of us which was nice as we always have someone with us….grandson was left at home, he is going out for the day tomorrow with his friends.

A lovely lunch prawn sandwiches and coffee…oh the cakes looked wonderful, will be back when allowed at least 4 of my very favourites πŸ°πŸ©πŸ°πŸŽ‚

Lynne..
    Well done on your 3 lbs off..nearly.. don’t know how you do it…you loose very well…hoping my baggage is nearer 3lbs up unfortunately on Friday, it’s more than Christmas!

Minols..
    That’s a good walk, wish I could do it…I did once…you are always so busy no wonder you need time away…how many hours do you do a week? I bet it’s like teachers a lot more than people think..daughter is off school but she is going in for the day tomorrow and she’s working from home later….

Tammy…
    Your poor daughter that’s something I would do….my weight gain is more than expected but the official one on Friday..we did eat too many cookies and donuts, alcohol was down, too many chips as they are with everything…eggs over easy, hash browns and sausage…far far too much but can’t really do anything about it..😬

Clare…
    You like a kettlebell as well…I shall look on line now and look at the excerises..price them up….do you feel they help with toning, Angela likes hers…

Jean x

Angela and Clare…

I have got my kettlebell a 6 kg, I hardly could lift the 10kg…lol…maybe later..

I have logged and saved two videos to start me off, on some basic moves, so see how I go..I wondered if it would be better doing it in the garden when the weather is better on a mat…I have my back bedroom but I will have to see if I have enough space to throw it around. πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ

Will start tomorrow eeekk

Jean x

Evening All,

Lynne, well done on your loss. You are doing fabulously.

Minols, 11.5mile walk is tremendous. I do believe that as long as you don’t eat the burned calories back on that it helps.

Jean, well done for siezing the day with the kettlebell. Yes you do need a bit of space for the swings and snatches. I do have enough space to do it infront of the TV luckily so takes my mind off it. I am hurting today after my 120 swings last night though! πŸ˜‚ And 5lb on after 2 weeks holiday is not bad. Unless that’s just me as I gained 3lb this weekend alone 😲…

Tammy, hope your FD is still going strong.

I’ve inadvertently ended up not eating yet today so my weekend mischief is nearly managed according to tonight’s weigh. Hubby is just preparing a low fat chilli for tea which I will have with some white rice so I’m hoping by tomorrow morning I can be back where I should be. I need to try not to overdo it on my away day though. Lunch and dinner is set, but I think if I dodge desserts (yes, plural, as the hotel provides well) and take it easy with wine I could be OK.

How’s everyone else? xx

Hi everyone

All this talk of exercise is putting me to shame and I need to do something about it!

I currently do very little and was struggling with hypothyroidism which I hope my increased meds will help. It’s also difficult to leave Phil, but I’ve been advised I will be getting some additional help so I can have some respite and maybe can use this to get out and walk as hopefully the weather gets better.

I think though I need to do some exercise at home and the talk of kettlebells has got me thinking. I think my daughter has left her yoga mat and gym ball and I think kettlebells here – perhaps I could liberate them. If I time it right I can also get some one to one tuition as our daughter is a physio student and currently studying how to instruct a patient in exercise. Let’s be honest, if she can manage to instruct me, so will be able to instruct anyone.

I hope anyone on FD today is having a good day – not long to go now. Looking forward to FD tomorrow, though may swop last FD from Fri to Sat as really fancy fish and a few chips from the chip shop (the others have a Friday treat).

Hope everyone has had a relaxing, controlled evening.

Take care Lynne x

Evening all and well done Lynne.

It has been a NFD and eating not usual with bits and bobs rather than actual meals, probably more carbs than ideal but i did stop prior to anything this evening as I knew I had had enough. Not a disaster. Will fast tomorrow as Thursday and Friday are more difficult.

Jean, five pounds after a Florida holiday sounds par for the course and you are straight back on it. That’s the key really, fiiting it back in your life after a needed break. Maybe you were a bit stalled before and this will give you a new momentum.

Vi, nice to see you, hope things improve soon and that virus is on the run now.

I did my first Pilates for ages on Monday night and am going to give Zumba a go tomorrow night. Hoping it will be ok on a FD but think it will. What won’t be is my hideous sense of balance. Not breaking anything or making a complete fool of myself will mean it is a success.

Experimenting with taking cider vinegar afte hearing Jason Fung talking about it on utube. Had two tablespoons before coming to bed tonight. May have to dilute tomorrow night! I like acidity but my goodness it was powerful!

Night night all xx

I am the only one up at this impossible time…12.45 am and can’t sleep…think I might have a milky drink.
    I am just so hot after my hols…is it too much sugar?

Night night hope you are all sleepingπŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
    Jean x

Morning everyone .. hope you’re all okay.

Clare, hope your feeling ok. Everyone at work is down with the flu at the moment, I’ve escaped it so far. You take care of yourself x

Jean, the time with your daughter sounds nice πŸ™‚ I really hope you managed to get some sleep x

Minols, that’s a lot of walking!! You must feel great for it πŸ™‚

Sarah, I’d be interested to see how the cider vinegar works out. I’ve heard its really good for weight loss. I had it in tablet form years ago, but it was quite expensive.

Lynne, it will be so much easier when the weather is better to get out and walk, its never good in the winter. Wow, your daughter is a physio student, that’s really good πŸ™‚

Gottotrysomething, how did the weigh in go? Are you where you want to be?

To anyone I’ve missed .. I do read all posts, and hope you’re doing well.

NFD for me today, the home stress was slightly better last night. Its all connected with my partner and his 7 year old son (who we see on a Monday, Tuesday and Thursday) Its never an easy situation, but its made worse by the child’s mother being a total nightmare! On the whole, when it works its good. Step-children are never easy to deal with though. Personally, I struggle at times, but he’s an adorable boy at the end of the day πŸ™‚

Have a great day everyone, thanks for the support, it really does mean the world to me.

xx

Hi DF,

Weigh in will be Saturday morning for me this week as I’m fasting again on Friday, but I’m tracking it daily at the moment to see how the weekend gain is coming off.. back to where I was last week now. I need to keep it there or push it on.

I’m a stepmum too but without having any of my own. I completely sympathise with you on the stress it can bring when the child’s mother is a nightmare. When it works well, it’s fine, when hubby’s ex isn’t getting her own way all merry hell breaks loose. xx

Hi, thanks Gottotrysomething .. its actually good to know I’m not alone in the step-mum thing .. how hard is it sometimes! Mostly I deal with it ok, but on occasions, selfishly I don’t deal with it at all. I’m sure you understand what I mean.

Glad the weight is back where it was last week, that’s great πŸ™‚

Have a lovely day πŸ™‚ xx

Morning all

Off to the pain clinic later joy of joys.. we now have tiles on the walls but no hob as yet…. still waiting for the gas man..

I tried cider vinegar with honey (honeygar) last year for about 2 months… it was awful and didn’t do me any good as far as I could tell.. let’s hope it works better for you Sarah let us know…

As a step mum to zoe for 25 years now, it does get easier, I can honestly say I love both the girls the same, but there were times when she was younger she nearly drove us apart, especially in her teenage years!

Off now the kitchen fitter is here, wish me luck for later I am not looking forward to the cortisone at all!

Aud x

Morning Audrey, thanks .. its good to know that it does get easier πŸ™‚ Teenage years *shudders* lol

Good luck at the pain clinic later, sending positive vibes πŸ™‚

xx

Morning all

Fasting today – anyone else on today? Lynne, I think you are too from memory

DF, i got the cider apple vinegar unfiltered or raw. It is meant to protect against insulin spikes if you have a couple of teaspoons before a meal or work overnight to reduce the same if you have a couple of tablespoons dilluted in water, though Fung says any vinegar is protective if taken with carbs, for example bread dipped in oil and vinegar etc. I will let you know how it goes.

I have also started taking magnesium to see if it helps me to sleep and is calming, reduces stress/cortisol levels, help digestion, food in transit etc Apparently if you are deficient it can really affect sleep quality. I took it for the first time last night and did unusually sleep well but that might also be because I have a few days on leave now.

Not doing much today aside from a bit of batch cooking for freezer, but I am have having a straightening treatment on my hair which I have a couple of times a year. It works for a few months and stops it looking like a used brillo pad when there is any moisture in the air and makes blow drying my thick hair a breeze. Oh and then zumba…..

Have a good day all.

Morning everyone

Angela, well done for turning last week’s blip around so quickly, it’s great to be back on track.

Audrey, good luck today. I have had a number of cortisone injections in my shoulder with varying success. Make sure you take it easy for a couple of days, just sit back and admire the new kitchen.

DF, glad your stress at home has eased a bit.

Sarah, I’ve read about taking apple cider vinegar diluted with water to improve stomach acidity and improve absorption of nutrients. I’d be interested to see how you get on.

Jean, I was burning the midnight oil as well last night watching old series of Grey’s Anatomy with my daughter (half term). We tend to watch a couple once Phil has gone to bed – our ‘guilty pleasure’.

A FD for me today, hopefully liquids only.

Don’t think I’ll be going far today, it’s grey, threatening rain and very windy. Have a great day everyone

Lynne x

Morning All…

A sleepy girl this morning must of been 3.30 before I actually got off to sleep…

I am wondering whether it’s getting back into proper eating again, on-line it said if IF, it’s to do with the liver off loading and the sugar in the pancreas being unbalanced, on that they said to have a few jelly beans not chocolate if not sleeping…dehydration also could be a problem, that could be me…

Audrey..
    Good luck at the hospital take care and rest up when back…kitchen will be nearly finished πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

DF..
    Keep clear of the flu..nothing like been at work for catching things..I have a 45 year old SD, we are ok at moment but it depends which way the wind blows…not always easy. My other is lovely…my two which are Steve’s SD s get along lovely…just the one out of 4 !

Angela..
    Its good you are checking your weight every day, like me at the moment, another pound up today..😬 It’s still not settling very much for me, it will I need patience. See what Friday for me and Saturday for you brings..

Sarah…
    I will be interested on the magnesium for sleeping, Steve is really bad keep us up to date…

Have a relaxing time at the hairdressers coming out poker straight…lol..I am not doing much today either..a double cooker clean I think…try and do it every month so not too bad.

Lynne..
    A few of us not doing much today, bad weather for us tomorrow… you up too…I did go to bed then got up…

Off to try my kettlebell, I won’t do too many see how I go…

Jean x

Hi all

Sorry no time to read posts at the moment. I did see that you are having your kitchen done Audrey and Jean you are not sleeping.

I have an appointment with my health trainer in the second week of March so I think I will have to get back to it then.

Pam’s not good (still in hospital) and things have got complicated, I’ll be back when they settle again.

Keep on track it does work when you do.

I’m sorry I am just popping in and out. The fact that I am here it is obviously on my mind but I can’t concentrate at the moment. Too much happening.

See you soon X

Ginette…

We would like you back again, maybe in March…sorry you have a lot on at the moment.

Jean x

Angela and Clare,

I have done 20 mins work out this morning but thought I better break myself in more slowly…as I am one of the older ones…lol..50 in my head. I remembered you were sore Angela..πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ

Did get a bit of a sweat on…I couldn’t do them all so I did what I was happy at..πŸ˜€

Jean

just a quick post, well done Jean. You have to start somewhere. Hope you’re not too sore tomorrow. xx

Can’t believe I haven’t made it on site today…sorry!

I should explain – the 11.5miles isn’t all at once! I’ve got one of those fancy watches now, and every time I stand up it clocks me, so quite a bit of that 11.5 miles is going to the kitchen for coffee! Essentially, I try not to use the car unless I have to go out of town, so I walk the dogs, walk the boy to school, walk to work, walk to visits/meetings/town. None of it terribly far, but it all adds up. And as I’m in training for a trek to MachuPicchu in October, I’m trying to walk 4 miles in an hour 3 times a week. My watch gives me a wee buzz of pleasure if I manage about 5.5miles in a day, and the boy loves to see if I can manage more than 100% (doesn’t understand percentages, but he gets a buzz out of it anyway!) Today I did a mad dadsh to someone at the other end of the parish, so I’m sitting at 9.2 miles (they weren’t in, so I wasn’t rewarded with coffee). The aim isn’t so much to do with the weight, as to do with the movement/flexibility/feel good thing.

Jean – I don’t work as hard as most people, and I have a wonderfully flexible approach. Essentially, I always stop at teatime on Friday, and re-start first thing on Sunday (with a quick sneak on Saturday evening to make sure everything hasn’t disappeared from my pen-drive/mind). Other than that, I stop daily at 3pm to become a full-time mum, and get little bits and pieces done while with the boy, and re-start with evening meetings perhaps 3 times a week. Like so many, I eat at my desk, or on the run. There is always more work I could do, but life is supposed to be abundant (someone once promised me that!)

Anyway – enough about work – anyone else fasting tomorrow? Looking forward to it!

Mx

Evening All…

Hoping to fast tomorrow but on standby for a visit from daughter and grandson, we have bad weather promised so she may come Saturday…so pending, depending if she comes and what time..e.g. Eating or not!

Had a lazy day really, I did get my double oven cleaned and made Shepard pies for dinner….

We also have had a quote to replace central heating boiler and change over to a combi…we really could of done without the cost on top of holiday but the hammer keeps coming out to play…so has to be done…booked him for the 21st March, a two day job.

Minols…
    All the walking counts, you must be looking forward to your trek, although a bit off yet. Still a lot of walking even into the kitchen and back.

It’s lovely you can work around the boys timetable…it just seems a 24 hour job.

Audrey…
    Hope the hospital when well and you are not in too much pain…take it steady..

Good luck to the fasters today….

Very quiet again on here….Hemmy, Kay hope all OK…

Jean x

Hi all

Thought I had commented this morning, but apparently not, senior moments creeping in at the grand old age of 46 lol.

Everyone sounding good, and being very energetic, the Kettlebell had me thinking, but not enough to buy one, I am so lazy.

On my 3rd fast day, last one tomorrow, have enough calories left for a treat of a bag of square crisps, they will hit the spot later.

So am with you tomorrow Minols.

Suppose to have snow tomorrow, will see, I do like it ⛄⛄⛄❄❄❄

Have a good night, catch you tomorrow

Tammy xxx

Im still here in the background…

Im just preoccupied with Ellie….I was starting to feel positive, but now less so…..hard just waiting for results to come back whilst she is developing more sore spots on her skin.

Ive been reasonably ok with the eating and drinking, considering the stress and anxiety. Fasted ok on Monday and fasting again tomorrow, so still hanging on…

So still here and still reading xx

Morning all

Had back done yesterday, today it is extremely painful and apparently I need to rest for 48 hrs which would be OK but the kitchen fitter has still not finished, hopefully today may see the back of him, then of course it all needs a damn good clean because it’s filthy… Ian is back at work tonight so I don’t think I will manage a rest…Sorry I am moaning..

Kay hope ellie is OK, it’s awful when our pets get ill…shout if you need to vent….. we are all here for you..

Have a good day all, will post again soon

Audrey

Morning lovelies πŸ™‚

Audrey, you take care and rest as much as you can! It must be difficult with so much going on. Be gentle with yourself πŸ™‚

Minols, all movement and walking counts. I’m up and down at work, and tell myself its all adding up πŸ™‚ I actually try and move more now since I’ve been doing this! Even if its a few steps to the photocopier hehe πŸ™‚

I’m fasting today, Jean, Minols, Kay, Tammy (sorry if I missed anyone) are you with me? I’m quite looking forward to it today, I feel quite calm on a good fast day, and I’m hoping it will be a good one today!

Kay, I’m sorry there’s so much stress for you at the moment. I hope things get better soon .. hug x

Have a great day despite the hurricane blowing outside (where I am in Manchester lol)

xx

Morning

SNOW SNOW SNOW πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜†

Audrey, take care if yourself, the dirt will keep till tomorrow, (I know you will still do it but I have to say it).

Kay I hope Ellie starts to get better and you get answers from the vet.

DF am fasting with you all, my last one for this week, roll on tomorrow I can eat again 😊😊

Have a good day, stay safe everyone who is in storm Doris xxx

Morning all

Zumba last night. OMG! It was very fast and I seemed to lose track of right and left about 30 seconds in. Everyone else seemed to know what they were doing. Trying something called pump and tone on Tuesday. I must actually book myself in for an overdue imduction of the equipment. I know that I need to use weights for real toning. Plilates is great but I know I need to add more elements.

Dreadful night’s sleep last night so maybe the previous good night was luck rather than magnesium LOL. Not sure if the ACV is doing anything but it sure tastes strong! Will keep going with it for a while but I think it will end up in salad dressing…

Audrey, hope the pain subsides and you manage to get the rest you need. X

Kay, so sorry things are not great with Ellie. I guess it is a bit of a waiting game at the moment. Thinking of you. X

DF it occurred to me, in these days of blended families, there are probably as many or more of us in the step parent category than not.

Jean, a friend has recently returned from Florida and text me last night to tell she’d put on 10lbs! Seems to me you did pretty well!! Florida is now off my list. Too dangerous.

Hope everyone ok and staying safe from Doris. It is quite windy here in the SE but nothing like further North.

Stay strong fasters and non-fasters. Xx

Good morning FB Brit Friends hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Stormy today .. lucky here so far not too bad.

Well, annoyed with myself as I have put on 2lbs. No excuses just over indulgent.

At the moment feel a bit bored with it all. Lol Anyone else get like that.

Just have to conquer this week-end silliness… I seem worse now after all this time. Think I may give it a break for a while see how it goes. Maybe I should just stay at this weight now.

Aud… hope you rest up although difficult I am sure. You are most important though. Xx

Kay … I do feel so much for you I do hope you have some good positive news soon. Thinking of you. Xx

Gine… take care and I hope that Pam is feeling better soon. Xx

Have a good day everyone… off shopping for me.

Brit Lovelies… One of the hardest things in life is being honest with ourselves. Xx

Morning All..

Calm as a mill pond here…..calm before the storm!! It’s hitting us about 1pm…

Daughter is coming on Saturday now…as Doris pm…safer than sorry…the M62 can be quite windy near us a bit flat and just fields…

Steve and I joining the mass fast….pleased really didn’t really want to do Friday….

Audrey…
    You really must listen to the doctor and rest up you may make your back worse….a bit or lot of dust won’t matter, leave it till you feel better, you will get it done a lot quicker if well.

Kay…
    I feel for you…I thought you wasn’t too good with Elle as you was not about…hope it’s not too long for the test results. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•hugs and thoughts, I know how upset we were….

Hemmy..
    Swings and roundabouts, we are nearly there so it’s harder for us.. a bit on then it comes off…it’s like a tug of war with your body but you must win…enjoy your shopping today….maintain a bit but keep with us….we missed you last time…

DF…
    Keep safe with Doris we have her pleasure later….we are with you today, keep strong…chicken with salad for dinner tonight…

Tammy…
    Snow snow snow….we haven’t really had any yet this year just a few flakes…those senior moments I have them all the time…no worries..at least I still know I have them, the worry is when I don’t…lol

Sarah…
    You sound as if you have booked in at the leisure centre…sounds like ours…..I will be swinging the kettle soon…..I hope it does something to show in a few weeks…lol

I could of been near the 10lbs mark, I just didn’t dare get on the scales…I forgot to jump on this morning before breakfast….see the damage tomorrow 😬😬…this is when you feel like staying at home with no holidays!

Carol..
    Hope the cruise is going well….missing you…

Minols…
    Hope you are settling back into work and are stepping out…

Angela…
    Are you swinging the kettle…are you feeling not so sore…going upstairs soon to do longer today…πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ

Lynne…
    Hope you slept better…I did last night…no TV for me…lol

Louise..
    Are you still popping by…come back we are missing you and your bouncy you…how’s it going???

Ginette…
    You too…lets get some of that gained weight moving….

Lets make it a good mass fast..lets get the pounds rolling especially my holiday pounds….lol

Winds getting up now and rain…here she comes…..πŸ’¨πŸŒͺπŸ’¨πŸŒͺπŸ’¦β˜”οΈβ˜”οΈπŸ’¦

Jean x

Morning all

It seems I forgot to post yesterday, just caught up with everything though.

Fasting today, 2 cups of black coffee so far hoping the day goes quickly but looking at the clock so far I don’t think so. We have potential investors visiting the office today so have to be on best behaviour and everywhere has been tidied – someone even hid my bin, load of nonsense lol. The rest of the office are in their smartest clothes to make a good impression, mine is the first desk you see and I’ve rolled up in my usual jeans and trainers combo!

Jean how do you feel after your workout?

Have a good day all. Clare x

Morning everyone

Clare, you made me laugh about the office tidy up. We always knew when someone important was due when the carpets were cleaned and there was a smell of fresh paint. I remember justifying to someone why my team had paper on their desks – it’s their work, they need it to do their job, they are dealing with customer correspondence without which there would be no company. Still awaiting the utopia of a ‘paperless office’.

Audrey, please take care and don’t overdo it. I think rest is recommended so the cortisone has a chance to work in the relevant area and doesn’t dissipate.

Tammy, snow again, feeling jealous but not of the gales forecast.

Sarah, Zumba is hard core, might persuade to join me in some yoga but don’t have to co-ordination for Zumba, I don’t even like dancing.

Kay, thinking of you and Ellie and best wishes for the biopsy results.

Hemmy, hope that if you do take a break you’ll still post here – need your support.

Jean, DF and anyone else on a FD, good luck, stay strong.

Take care everyone affected by Doris. Here in Cardiff we’re due to miss the worst of it but have already chased the wheelie bin down the road this morning, so definitely a bit more fresh than usual.

Take care Lynne x

Clare….
    I am sat here puffing, panting and sweating just had my shower just so hot….

I did if It makes sense…..
    In between double handed swing…2 x 50
    In between left hand …2 x 20…….Right hand..2 x 20
    Round my body…6 x 20…….that’s 300 movements in 15 mins…enough for now…
    Then 20 mins of running on the spot with real fast burst in between…πŸ›Œ…lol
    See how I go, one shoulder a bit aching but we won’t tell Steve…lol

Laughted about the office, we remember it well …..you in jeans people won’t be happy…..have a good day…

Lynne…
    Keep safe in Cardiff, nearly the end of the week…

Jean x

Hi All
    FD started reasonably well – I’m with you Jean, Kay, Tammy – anyone else?
    Having a moment of serendipity today as the weather meant my morning meeting was cancelled…I’ll miss the meeting as I like the people and the subjects, but not the hour drive each way! So I’m indulging in one of the jobs I really wanted to do but didn’t know if I would fit in, and I’ve dug out the boy’s paints to make a great big banner for Lent starting next week, and I’m currently applique-ing (?) the same thing onto a length of old purple fabric I found discarded with some old junk in the balcony (where everything goes to die!) I’m really enjoying myself, it’s quiet, reflective work, using fabrics from my stash, and although I’ll pop out later to visit an elderly gent whose wife as just died, it’s just a lovely way to spend the gift of a day that I thought would be run at a mad dash.

Can you tell I feel positive and mellow?!

Hemmy – I reckon I could have lost twice my body weight if I time I lost a pound it was a brand new pound, and not one I’d lost/regained/lost/regained. Still, I’m hopeful I’ve completely lost forever (fingers crossed, touch wood) the stone and half, and still hoping that the last half stone will go and if it hangs around occasionally, it’ll only be for a brief visit.

Right, back to applique another hillside…

Mx

Wow Jean that’s really good! When I’m doing single arm swings I like to switch hands after each one as I’m swinging out in front, my favourite used to be figure of eight through my legs but I did end up getting a little tangled sometimes and with odd bruises lol.

Minols…
    You sound very content with your lot, doing things you love to do…enjoy the peace and quietness and of course the time…..hope it comes along to what you want…then enjoy your visit, if you can call it that he will appreciate your call and chat..

Clare..
    I have seen the fiqure of 8.. I will try that a bit later….and the swapping hands over, I don’t think I have seen that one….I have my iPad on utube watching what I should be doing, warm up, then those I do at the moment, it really gets my heart rate up…which is good I have a low rate only swimming moves it up…don’t like my hair wet through and sweaty though…😬..can’t win can you..

I thought I better try and do it for a few weeks and get in the swing…lol..don’t want too much pain…

All going well here just had a cuppa, a bit of fruit this morning….5.2 wise …Steve has thrown his motorbike wheel in the garage after taking it somewhere, garage door shut and he’s here with me….I think that’s it for the day…he’s not happy.

Gales starting to hit us now very windy and noisy…

Fasters…Everyone being strong??

Jean x

Hi Jean, half way through the day, and feeling okay πŸ™‚ We can do it!

Its terrible weather here .. I couldn’t go for my usual lunchtime walk as it was basically too dangerous. A tree has already come down on the road outside work and smashed a car window. I’m relieved its not mine, but I feel for the pour soul who is going to have to see/deal with that later. Not sure if its a colleague here or a local resident. Really not good πŸ™

xx

Feeling a bit chilly – and there’s something wrong witht he tension on my applique stitch, so going to take a Bovril break. I had sewing machine for their tension problems…I’d just been marvelling at the mind of the person who worked out how to get sewing machines to catch a bobbin thread, let alone perform the intricacy of an applique stitch…well, I’m not going to waste me wonder any more…not unless the ‘switch off/switch on’ method of machine maintenance works!

Mx

Hi all,

I’m back from my away day. I have to say I have zero willpower at all. The food was so lovely I tried to kill myself with it! πŸ˜‚ But on the positive side, my body rejected alot of it pretty quickly as I think my digestive system became overwhelmed and just isn’t used to that much food anymore. Too much wine as usual, and at 11pm I had all good intentions of just one more before bed and I was led astray (I didn’t need much convincing) and ended up going to bed at 2am 😣 I’m so rubbish.

I’m trying to have a light day today and then fasting tomorrow.

Why am I so rubbish?!

I haven’t caught up with all posts yet, I’ll try to do so later. xx

DF…
    Keeping strong here……Steve can’t believe I have just made 24 chocolate buns!…I found some granola in my cupboard but more the little bits…( I must of hand picked the big bits out and eaten them, you know how you do) I never seem to eat them for breakfast…anyway…toasted some flaked almonds, a few sunflower seeds and added them in to melted plain and dark chocolate and the granola, mixed it all together, sprinkled toasted almonds on some or a half a cherry on the other…adults only!

I only honest had a finger full from the side of the bowl…delicious..all wet chocolate now ready for tomorrow and when daughter comes Saturday…

Sounds dangerous where you are…the wind keeps coming and going here…take care when going home…

Minols…
    Just hate it when the tension goes…I just can’t do it…good luck…

Angela…
    Thought we had a pact this week…..bet it was lovely it sounded it…( uummmm me and my buns….lol) we are a pair together….lol..πŸ˜‚

Audrey…
    How are you feeling?? Sitting I hope…..

Going to have a read…got lots of ironing to do maybe later..😬😬😬..I just hate it!

Jean x

We did Jean and I’m sorry to let you down. I promise I’m back on the wagon. No more naughties for me. Lunch was only 370 cals and tea will be light as it’s fillet steak. No wine tonight and a FD tomorrow for me. xx

Good girl…Lol..lol

X

Hi all

Wind not too bad down here. Hoping for a nice day tomorrow as out with the grandchildren. Not back to work until Monday.

Jean, I have been a member of a health club for a couple of years but only really used it for Pilates. And this week is my first week back after a (laparoscopic) hysterectomy in the summer. I recovered really well so the last 4 months off have been a total waste of my membership so renewed motivation now I have lost a bit of weight.

Lynne, I love dancing, especially to music I know and love, but not coordinated, just enthusiastic. Going to give zumba another go but hoping to find other classes I like better or maybe I will become better coordinated and balanced with practice (lol)

Hemmy, how’s your bmi at this weight if you are thinking of sticking where you are? My goal puts me at a bmi of 23 so only really just into the not overweight section. I want to be slim, healthy and strong, not really thin.

Angela, we are all rubbish at times, it is why we are here. The only really rubbish thing is giving up. It’s just not linear and easy because we live real lives. You will get back to it. Anyway I will always believe that wine in moderation can’t hurt and if it does I am not giving it up anyway. I have reduced it and not had a G&T for ages because of the tonic not gin but they can prise the wine glass out of my cold dead hands!

Hang in there faasters. You’re through the lunchtime bit now xx

Viewing 50 posts - 10,151 through 10,200 (of 35,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply.