Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,904 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 23 hours, 10 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,101 through 10,150 (of 35,390 total)

• Morning

Kay what a nightmare your having, hope Neil and Ellie start improving soon x

Angela hope marmite gets better soon aswell, pills are the worst with cats, maybe need to do a strong scruff of her neck to get it down, always looks bad but really does calm them.

Audrey nearly there, you will be cooking up a storm soon.

Hi to everyone else, hope your all good.

Am off out shopping with mother, my daughter is away wall climbing with the scouts today, so I will get a child free lunch 😊.

Have a good one xxx

Great excitement here…. I am going to have a working sink soon… lol 😂😃😁😀😄… no more upping and downing with bowls of water!

Kay and Angela hope all animals get better soon!

Back soon

Audrey x

Angela 1: Marmite 0! 😂

Aud, great news on getting water back. You don’t quite realise how much you use it until it’s not there.

We’ll, the boys voted to go out for lunch today as we have nothing in the house and they don’t want to go food shopping. I at least convinced them we’re walking there to get some exercise in. progress…. 😆

Have a good day everyone. xx

Hi everyone

What poorly pets we seem to have at the moment, though fortunately our 2 cats and dog are doing well.

Kay, Ellie and Neil really are putting you through it. Hope Ellie is comfortable and that the wounds ease quickly. Hope the biopsy results are positive.

Angela, cats and tablets – I still have the scars to show from past experiences. The worst when one of our old cats broke her jaw and when I gave her giving tablets I thought I was hurting her. In the end prised her jaw open with one hand and held the tablet with eyebrow tweezers so I could put it to the back of her throat. It looked horrific, but got the job done in seconds so in the end was less stressful for all.

As a parent to humans and animals, some of my most stressful times have been with animal illnesses – probably because they can’t tell you how they feel and what’s wrong, a bit like babies. To defend myself to my 2 daughters, I do love you, but only my youngest has ever been seriously ill when hospitalised at 7 days with bronchiolitis and a collapsed lung and in HDU for 13 days. I’ve held your hair back when being sick at 3 in the morning, and pick you up from town (18 year old) when you’ve had one too many, so I think I’ve done my bit. Fortunately they’re animal lovers too.

Jean, really impressed with the NFD, you’re right back on track.

Clare, 5″ off your hair, it must have been really long. You’ll notice it when you come to wash and dry it!

Audrey, not long without a sink now, but think of the exercise carry the water up and down.

Hemmy, I think your lead hunting more than made up for the extra calories,
    Mr Pips must have wondered what your were up to.

Managed to clear all the washing yesterday, but did have a slight mishap with a pink top in with a whites wash, but this morning everything apart from a flannel and 2 socks seem to have escaped unscathed. No doubt the washing machine will be put through it’s paces when our eldest daughter brings her washing tomorrow on a brief visit from uni. I moan about her bringing washing, but if she didn’t we probably wouldn’t see her!

Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend, and all sickly pets are on the road to recovery.

Take care Lynne x

Hi All..

Sat having a cuppa between ironing…nearly done. Then the chopping starts for dinner..

Sat here in my lounge on my caravan chairs, just need the sun, BBQ, a brolly and a glass of Merlot…lol ..two sofa’s gone to charity shop this morning new arrivals on Monday…

Clare…hope you like your hair 5″ off a lot…already for the summer..

Tammy…enjoy your afternoon with Mum ……nice to be child free sometimes…

Audrey…a sink!! and water you just don’t realise how much you use…..the steamer will be out next week..

Angela..
    Angela 1 Marmite 0
    Angela 1 Boys 0

Good day for you …have a lovely day….😂🤣😅…keep the larder light! Break the mould of life…

Lynne…a washing nightmare but not too bad..I remember when I first got together with Steve…I went to work he did the washing and a strapless white bra which took me ages to find went blue! Worn once..I never had anyone do anything for me…so it was just, never mind..😬 He keeps off my undies now as he knows I hand wash! ..lol…the love of uni daughters…the only thing they don’t get any better…I have been chasing a holiday form for 4 days thought it would be here when I got home from Katie (43) it arrived this morning, she’s renting a holiday property when home in the summer..it’s a wonder it’s still being held for her!

Hemmy…hope you are having a lovely day…chicken curry for tonight a bit of a treat hope not too many calories..😬

Kay…hoping Ellie and Neil are getting better, and it’s a more calming day for you..

Jean x

I have a sink I have water….but…… I do not have waste pipe so I can’t yet use it…😢😭…I do now have worktops 😀😀

Fitter just leaving for the day, my back is really aching now, I am back at pain clinic on Wednesdays for a cortisone injection…

I am ready for my BLT sandwich my husband brought me from work…

Audrey xx

Audrey….

I bet it looks lovely…waste pipe Monday you could use a bucket..lol

Enjoy your BLT

I have enjoyed my curry a new recipe, chicken tikka masala a definitely 10/10..from scratch… fancy last year I didn’t even eat many, just a spoonful here and there. Love to go back to India and try more different stuff, although I did quite a lot last year.

Top of the day 1450 calories a bit high for me but worth it under TDEE of 1750..including a Merlot which I shouldn’t be having 😬

Jean x

Morning All …….this lovely morning.

I am very late today is everybody in bed?? Or out doing their excerise….lol

It looks like a Florida morning 🌞…we have brought it back….😎

To complete my day yesterday I had two pieces of chocolate from before holiday…went over TDEE but I never really do…..so I am OK…it finished my day off a treat… brunching today as a late start, with only dinner tonight looking like easy egg, bacon, sausage etc.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Jean x

Morning (just)

Had a long lie, was going to fast but decided not, it’s nice to eat on a Sunday now and again, am sitting with a bowl of porridge, quiet day, will nip out for some shopping, but not much else.

Have a good one all

Tammy xxx

Afternoon all,

Well actually it ended up being boys 1, Angela 0! We did indeed walk to the pub, and home again 3 hours and a few wines later. Followed by some more wine. Arrrggghhh. When will I learn?! Food wasn’t too bad but definitely over my TDEE yesterday with the wine.

Today Marmite won the battle with the tablet, so instead I hid it in a lump of cheese and she wolfed that down. I think that might be the way forward.

We’ve been sorting a few bits this morning, paid off the May holiday and booked a week in Devon with my stepson in August. Lots to look forward to.

Hope everyone’s having a good weekend and making better choices than I have. xx

Hi All…

We had a very bits and pieces sort of day…up very late for us…Steve doing bits in the garage and a tip run. I finished the ironing, now all done, a sort out in the pantry cupboard making a bit of space throwing over date things out. Then out for fresh air and a few food things bought.

A very over calorie day for us yesterday, but it was nice and worth it…😀.. nothing like home made food..

Pulled back today coming in at just under 1000 calories well 989..eekkk just added my hash brown in I forgot still under… doing a brunch day sorted us out..😀

First FD for us tomorrow…still thinking of going to the gym more to strengthen Steve’s legs but should help me to tone up…may go up tomorrow and have a chat.

Angela…looks like you have found a way for the tablets for Marmite..a good three hour walk well done…..we both seem to have downfalls…lol..in the weeks fine, the weekend are the bother..😬..🍷🍷

Kay…hope Neil and Ellie are improving…

Tammy…a long lie in like us…nice sometimes..😀

Everybody is busy as the weekend doing family things…hope it’s all going good..

Mass fast tomorrow..who’s onboard???

Jean x

Hi all

Still busy with the kitchen… it’s slowly getting there we are hoping by Thursday afternoon it will be finished…

No fasting for me but I wish I could join you all… it’s chicken curry and fried rice tonight… going for a carvery tomorrow…. goodness knows how much weight I will gain..😲😲…still I can start to fast again soon and next Monday will be back on board with the mass fasters lol..

Good luck to you all back again soon

Aud x

Audrey…keep going only another 4 days, then it will be finished…then get your house straight. It has been quite quick really although you won’t feel so…

Enjoy your chicken curry…hope it is as good as mine yesterday…lol

Jean x

HI All
    Just putting my line in the sand, and declaring a FD for tomorrow…then I’ll go back and try to catch up a bit on people’s news over the last week. feels like I’ve been away for ever, but it was good to have so little contact with the world – especially for the OH whose work was a nightmare before we went away.

Been eating a fair amount of large portions, but also a lot of protein as the OH always cooks when we’re away, so loads of fish, and omelettes for breakfast. I’d love to think the damage will be minimal…but we know it just doesn’t’ work like that! Is Cookies back form his sun/sand/sea?

Anyway…off to catch up on the gossip.
    Mx

Evening all

I am definitely joining mass fast tomorrow what a disastrous weekend for food it’s been but my first really bad days in 6 weeks so ok really. 2 rounds of golf this weekend too so that should help with weigh in tomorrow.

Hope you’ve all had good weekends x

Minols…. welcome back off your holiday….hope you had a lovely time…I shall be weighing in on Tuesday for a peak…again like you hoping it’s not too much….

Clare..glad you got the golf in to counter the food and drink…sound as if you have had a good weekend….bet you looked good with the new hair cut..anybody noticed??

That’s 4 of us tomorrow…up to now

Jean x

A late good evening if anyone else is still up and welcome back Minols.

Have had a lovely weekend celebrating niece’s 21st and will be fasting tomorrow. I have really tried to make better food choices and aside from a large piece of very delicious birthday cake, which I am afraid I ate down to the last crumb instead of having a polite forkful or two, I have been much more consciously mindful of food I am eating, careful of starchy carbs and ordered well in the restaurant. Unfortunately I had a lot of champagne and then wine on Saturday night. Not quite sure what the damage will be and if I have been able to mitigate it with wiser food choices. But this WOL is a WOL and has to fit in with real life.

Was reminded of how much weight I have lost because I look much better in the photos than previously and I am much less bothered about standing behind other people to try to hide my bulk.

Hope all poorly animals on the mend (and any poorly people, such as Neil). A new fasting week beckons, feel so positive about being able to continue and lose every last pound. I almost think it doesn’t matter how long it takes within reason. This is just how I eat now. I do know if I stop and go back to my old ways my old weight will be not long in following. Xx

Jean, I’ll join the mass fast today!

Minols, hope you had a fab holiday 🙂

Sarah, glad you had a nice weekend enjoying the celebrations 🙂

Audrey, sounds like you’re getting there with the kitchen, will be lovely when its all done 🙂

Blankspacebaby, two rounds of golf is a lot of walking! Hope you enjoyed it 🙂

To anyone I’ve missed, hope you’re all doing well, and had good weekends.

My weekend was wonderful, out in the campervan again, not done it for ages. I absolutely LOVE the lifestyle, its so chilled out. I wish it was Saturday morning and we were just setting off again!

Have a great day everyone, good luck to us all fasting, we can do it!

xx

Morning all

Haven’t made my mind up if I am fasting today, I really feel I should, but it will depend on pressure at work, it’s tea and toast and now they are doing scrambled eggs, so will let you know later.

Have a good fast everyone else.

Tammy x

I’m fasting too….

Neil is much better. Ellie is fine in herself – check up at vets this morning and then wait for results.

I have been following posts…

Kay x

Morning all,

I’m in for mass fast Monday. I weighed this morning with very unpleasant results. Eeeeek. I must get in control.

Kay, sending healing thoughts to Ellie. xx

Good morning FB Brits… hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

What a lovely week-end .. its looks pretty weather today too. Back in the garden and really enjoying getting ready for spring.

Will have to try to once again abstain from the wine. Did the 2 weeks straight and it was working great I am just taking off in the week the result of week-end drinking. Pointless. It just makes me go silly with eating late at night.. cheese crackers etc.
    So fresh slate today and Mass Fast for me too. Going to damn well crack this last 7lbs if it kills me. Lolol

Sym lovely to have you back … missed you. Xx

Kay… glad Neil is feeling better … hope Ellie has a good result from the vet today. You deserve some good news. Xx

Have a good day all. Xx

Brit lovelies…

“Our weight is merely a symptom of our diet and lifestyle”

Morning all

2lb off last week! I am happy but it know it could have been so much better if I’d controlled myself over the weekend. That said it just proves to me that this is the right way of life for me to follow as I can still do the things I want to at the weekend if I keep to 2 fd in the week.

As my last meal yesterday was a chocolate penguin I think my fd today is going to be a tough one lol!

Have a great day all. Clare x

Morning All….

A dull day here..

Waiting for the arrival of the two sofa’s…it’s strange always lovely when buying and now I think hope they look nice and fit!! Eekk…change of colour, one a bit smaller and one a bit bigger…so this time both the same size…

I have, or Steve’s daughter has told him to go to the gym and stop making excuses and make his legs stronger….so we are going for a chat later….maybe try for a couple of months to see how we go and if we can manage being away in the caravan without wasting too much money…and if his legs improve.

A big mass fast today, Jean, Steve, Angela, Kay, Clare, Minols, Lynne, Hemmy maybe Tammy….I hope I have caught everybody…lets make it a good one..😀

Looking at my jeans belt this morning I think I am 1/2″ up on my belt, so a pre sneaky weigh in tomorrow morning…😬

Audrey…..hope you get you pipe today so you can use your sink, I am watching for more pictures…lol

Sarah…your weekend sounds like a good one…even a lovely piece of cake…lol…as you say it’s a way of life and it has to fit in or it’s like any other diet!

Clare…a lovely chilled out weekend for you, we are already talking about a few days away in the caravan…it just feels so good in the countryside. You picked the right weekend..😎

Angela….unpleasant weight gain shouts like a good weekend to me…..lol..hoping Marmite is improving..

Kay…good luck at the vets hope you have some good news…..good that is Neil is nearly back to normal, did you find out what caused it?

Hemmy…another with a good weekend, gardening and your coloured pots and wine….what more can you ask for….I managed with just one Merlot…the bottles calling..lol

Have a good day all…sorry if I have missed anyone..

Jean x

Morning everyone

I see I’m in good FD company today. Monday FD seems to be a nice controlled way to start the week and reset any weekend overindulgence. I had 2 good NFD and managed to STS yesterday, always a bonus on a NFD.

Glad that everybody seems to be winning the battles with the animals and their medications, desperate times call for desperate measures and cheese seems to be doing the trick for disguising tablets. We really struggle giving tablets to our current dog, a lurcher, who takes anything you give her very delicately and then carries it under the dining table so often finds anything hidden. I usually have to resort to opening her mouth and putting it to the back of her throat – thank goodness she’s so good natured or I’d lose a couple of fingers or even a hand.

Phil (hubby), tells me he’s feeling a little better, but this may be just to stop me nagging him about taking pain killers.

Half term here this week, so I’ll probably have a 15 year old looking for a free taxi at some point today, but apart from that a nice quiet day planned.

Hope everyone is having a good day, and that the other Mast Fasters are able to hold strong.

Take care Lynne x

Lynne…

Quite a few of us fasting today…..those were the days taxi Mum they always keep you on your toes..lol
    Glad Phil is feeling a bit better…it’s not nice when you have to take tablets all the time when you don’t want too…have a relaxing day if you can.

Jean x

Clare…..I have mixed you up with DF! sorry..

I had you away with the camper van….so many to catch up on…..

Jean..

DF…
    Glad our had a lovely trip away in the camper van…😎 A lovely weekend for you.

Jean x

Hi all,

WE are out for a carvery later but until then I am joining you in fasting… whoo! Whoo!…

Jean i have just posted new picture on Facebook I now have a working sink, worktops and even some cupboard doors on… Hopefully by tonight it will just need tiling, then the electrician is coming to connect the cooker and the gas man to do the hob…the flooring is coming on Thursday so they better be done by then… I won’t be able to do much after the injection on Wednesday as I remember Carol said you have to rest up for 48 hrs.. the last time I had cortisone I reacted badly so I am not looking forward to it.

I have read all your posts with interest but please forgive me for not replying it’s just mad here!

Got to go, will post when I can…good luck Monday mass fasters..

Audrey x

Back from the vets and he is happy with her operation sites. All blood tests are normal so we await biopsy results.

Eating wise, it hasnt been too bad a weekend, but weight is up from Friday morning. Hoping that it settles in the next day or 2.

Audrey, your new kitchen is now within site 🙂 What colour did you go for?

The weather is remarkably mild at the moment, although Im not convinced we wont have another blip before spring arrives! Nice to see the daffs etc out though.

Lynne, glad your hubby seems to be a bit better.

Jean, it wont be long before you are back on track, despite what the scales when you take the plunge.

Clare, well done one the 2lbs. You are right about it being the ideal WOL, its just about working with it.

Angela, we all do the same on Monday mornings, by the sound of it! Step on the scales and then jump off!!!

Hemmy, lets get cracking on these 7lbs!!

DF, sounds like you had a great weekend with the campervan. Its still too early for us to contemplate the camping as we use a tent, but I cant wait to get out there.

Tammy, I hope you day goes ok and there isnt too much pressure at work with food.

Minols, glad to have you back and hope you had a fantastic week away.

Sarah, I too feel like Ive been more in control over the weekend, but we will see how the week pans out, as there still is a bit more control I can exercise over the weekends!

I might have a nap, Im absolutely shattered after only having about 4 hours sleep last night….my brain wouldnt switch off.

Stay strong all x

Clare so well done on the 2b loss and lovely start to the week for you. Xx

Kay … wonderful news so far with your Ellie. Xx Hopefully will continue with
    biopsy results. Xx

Hope everyone is doing ok. In the garden with Mum… its beautiful in the sun. Xx

Survived the day not too bad and about to switch off and head out for the boy. Then I just need to keep us both busy until our evening meal…

Well done to today’s fasters…not TOO long to go.

And good luck with the new kitchen, Aud…always exciting.

Jean – are the new sofas there yet? Are they as lovely as you remember?

Right, I’m stepping away from the computer…

Mx

Evening

Clare well done on your loss

Everyone seems to be having a better day today, animal and humans all improving. Except mine, daughter been sent home with ear infection, so no swimming for her tonight.

Had my toast and scrambled eggs this morning and it came in at around 600 calories, so am leaving it at that and calling it a fast, have realised I only have about 5 weeks till holiday, so need to stick in, would be nice not to worry if the airplane belt is going to fasten or not lol.

Hope all fellow fasters are doing well.

Tammy xxx

Hi All…

Everybody sounds like they are going strong….we just having mid afternoon a coffee.

Sofa’s have arrived very pleased with them, fit in well size wise, makes the room light and airy, new cushions go well.

Looking forward to dinner, cooked a joint of gammon this morning, now going cold to have with salad.

We have been to the gym, we would have to do 6 months membership, which we don’t want….but they have a £19 offer for one month in March, for a trial including swimming so thinking about that. Really don’t want to commit in case we can’t do it….then the caravan will be looming…lol..priorities

Hemmy..in the garden with Mum, how nice…a bit chilly here..have you got her helping…..😀

Clare…well done on your 2lbs off…I didn’t know whether it was a pre weigh in…good going…

Minols…always busy when you get back off holiday…get off and have time with the boy…

Kay…good news with Ellie…hope the biopsy goes well. Good luck on the weight it’s hard when there’s stress about…

Audrey…..he is cracking on…a good workman…take care on Wednesday not to do too much…you will be itching to get it all finished…😀

Jean x

Tammy…

I sympathise with your daughter, I have started my olive oil in my ears again…they are not hurting but not right especially swimming on holiday…

I would call it a fast…there about not too strict….

Where are you going on holiday?…sounds about Easter time….we must get that belt fastened…lol

Keep strong

Jean x

Hi Jean

Off to our second home Disneyland Paris, we go most years sometimes twice a year, one year was 3 times, we do really enjoy it and because we know what we like there etc, we no longer feel like we have to rush at things and do actually feel like it’s a holiday, I hate to think how much I will put on, but maybe all the walking will counter it.

My daughter got swimmers ear in October for the first time and was in agony with it, other ear this time, hope it’s not going to be a problem.

Keeping strong just now, but tomorrow tea time till I eat again, from this morning, staying strong tomorrow will be the problem lol.

Tammy xxx

Tammy…

The children do like Disney as adults do…..three times a year is going a bit…lol…lots of excitement about in Orlando with the children, a fair few off school..

Hope she soon feels better..

You are doing a b2b or just about….too long for us….I would give it a go on my own but Steve won’t do it, I match him to keep him going….

Jean x

Well that’s me finished eating. Love that I get to eat sausage and bacon twice in a day! bJust having a decaf while I wait for the Oh to get in. Then it’s bath and Harry Potter with the boy…Vi, if you’re somewhere in the background, they’re still reading the first one to the class over ‘milk time’, but we decided to read it alongside at home, too, so he gets 2 bites of the cherry (weird expression, that!)

Mx

Hi all,

Clare, well done on your 2lb loss. That is great and you are putting me to shame. I am motivated by how you manage to keep it in control after work weekend. Well done.

Aud, running water, yay. It’ll be good to have you back with us fasting.

Jean, glad you’re happy with your new sofas. It could be a good call trying the gym for a month, see how you get on before committing.

Tammy, how can you stay so strong as to have breakfast and stop eating for the rest of the day? I’m sure the holiday is a good incentive. We looked at Disneyland Paris this year as my stepson wants to go, but then with the holiday to St Lucia for me and hubby we decided that wasn’t in this year’s budget, so he’s getting a week in Devon instead. It may sound mean but St Lucia is for a friend’s wedding so a one off. It’s Sandals as well so doesn’t come cheap…

Kay, so glad you’ve had positive news about Ellie. Hopefully you can focus on you a bit now.

Hemmy, the wine is my downfall too. My food was not so bad this weekend (last weekend was worse) but the wine wasn’t great. I really need to get out of the bad habit I’ve developed again. With Thursday, Friday and Saturday I had 3.5 bottles of wine so a total of about 2750 calories just in wine over the 3 days. No wonder I’m sabotaging my attempts.

Pasha, Minols and anyone else I’ve missed. Hope you’re having a good day.

FD going OK for me, not eaten yet and just about to have my tea. Only had a few coffees with milk so far today.
    I’m fasting today and Friday this week, but I’m out with work on Wednesday, offsite meeting and stopover, so if possible I’m going to try to have a very low day tomorrow and only have my tea.

Please help me to get in control ladies, I need to stop undoing all my good work.

Although I wasn’t successful in doing something active this weekend, I have booked to go to a new trampoline park with a friend the weekend after next when it opens, so not entirely unsuccessful. And I did manage 12000 steps on Saturday with getting the boys to walk out for lunch, it’s a start. xx

Evening all and well done Clare.

I ahve been travelling today, got back, had to sort out some work issues, went to Pilates and washed hair – can honestly say it has been a really easy fast day. OH is now out at meeting and all I have to do is cope until I can go to bed in a couple of hours. Wish they were all like that. May have to fast on Weds instead of Thursday this week.

Kay, glad to hear positive news re Ellie and Neil. I hope they get things properly sorted out for her this time.

Tammy sorry to hear about your daughter. I reckon 600 is enough esp with all the FDs you do. Really two is enough for me.

Audrey, glad kitchen taking shape.

Hemmy the last 7lbs must be tough. I can sympathise with the wine issue. I was showing sister some jason fung utube bits this weekend (oh I’m an exciting houseguest!) and he is quite positive about wine in moderation….

Everyone else seems fine – hope everyone staying strong and not finding it too hard if fasting today.

In London tomorrow amd hoping OH will come in and meet me to go to the Hockney restrospective before we go home. Have no tickets yet so not sure if it will work.

Have a good night everyone. Xx

Angela…

We will have to take you in hand next weekend…don’t know what we have planned but will try and keep you company…

12,000 must help you out…that’s great stepping….don’t think my poor feet would do that…7000 is about me at the moment but I am working at it…

St Lucia sounds wonderful..Sandals is a dream….😎

Jean x

Hi Sarah, glad you’ve had a good fast day. Are you back to liquid only fasting?

Jean, you’re on! I will check in regularly this weekend. The only thing I currently have planned is lunch at MIL’s on Saturday. It will be a roast and being naturally slim she doesn’t understand when I explain the calories from my perspective, but I’ll try to reign in portion size. It doesn’t usually involve wine and as I’m fasting on Friday I won’t have any, and it’s very rare I have any alcohol on a Sunday, so if I can stay off it Saturday night I shouldn’t be too bad.

Today’s steps are not so good. Only up to 7500 so far and that was with walking round the garden whilst having a ciggie! 😂 I’m off to pick up my Kettlebell for the 1st time in months… 1 cal burned per swing. It’s going to hurt. xx

Good luck on the kettle….I usually like tea…😂

Jean x

I managed 120 swings of a 12kg kettlebell. I’m so unfit! After boot camp last year I could do 300 so I’ve a way to go. At least that’s kick-started the fat burning process for tonight! 😂
    Off for a bath then bed I think.

Good night all. xx

Hi Angela, yes back to liquid only. But I know if it gets too tough I can have some calories in the evening, I just try not to. I am not sure it is more effective than the 500 but I find it easier generally. Will be interested to hear about St Lucia amd Sandals for that matter. I have been to Barbados a couple of times but someone I met on Saturday night was telling me he thought St Lucia is the nicest of the Islands amd more tropical somehow than Barbados. Lunch at MIL’s with no wine…sounds a bit hardore to me….lol

Jean, hope you’re over the jetlag and feeling back to normal now.

Sarah…

Thanks I think over jet lag but we both had two restless nights hope tonight is better…

Angela..

What do you do with the kettlebell, is there two or one? Could do with something for my flabby arms..are they any good?

Jean x

Sarah, I’ve never been to the caribbean so have no idea what to expect. Hubby and I usually get 1 week a year holiday without my stepson, so we usually go to Greece or Spain or the canaries. We’re only getting 1 week this time too but we upgraded the flights to try and arrive as rested as possible as the wedding is the day after we arrive.
    There’s 3 sandals resorts on St Lucia and we’re in the smallest of the 3, The Halcyon. It’s where hubby and I wanted to get married ourselves but we changed to Cyprus to make it more accessible for guests, so when my friend asked, I couldn’t refuse! lol

Jean, it’s one kettlebell. 12kg is pretty weighty, they start at 6kg I think. I grab it with both hands, feet apart, and push from the hips to swing the kettlebell up so my arms are horizontal with the floor. You should use your tummy and hips to swing it, not your arms. It works out all the major muscle groups, including your arms so it’s a great all round exercise. At pace you can burn up to 20 cals a minute, but that’s pushing it. To get maximum benefit you should use as high a weight as you can manage and go in reps. Best is if you can swing 30 seconds, rest 30 seconds etc. I did 4 reps of 30 swings with a longer rest tonight to ease me back into it. It is a fabulous exercise to do at home. xx

Jean, I just did a bit more research, there are different lifts you can do with a kettlebell for arms. Personally, I have some dumbells as well which I use to battle the flabby arms. Mine are 5kg each which is again reasonably heavy, so I’d start with lower.
    I then lie on my footstool and do various exercises, bicep curls, benah press, and my least favourite (as it hurts the back flabby bits! 😂) are side arm extensions.
    With these 2 bits of kit you can get yourself a good home workout and they’re inexpensive items. It might be good if you can get some training at a gym though in how to use them properly so you don’t hurt yourself. xx

Angela..

Interesting I will look on line…see if there are any videos to show me…6kg..maybe a start..

Like to pick up any tips which may help…

St Lucia is supposed to be beautiful…and wedding, a different holiday..

Xx

I’m sure there are some good youtube videos showing you how to do it and various exercises you can do with it. I got my kettlebell from Decathlon.
    I only did an 8 week boot camp last year so I’m certainly no expert, but if you look up the benefits online it should give you some guidance. xx

Viewing 50 posts - 10,101 through 10,150 (of 35,390 total)

You must be logged in to reply.