Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,827 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hemmy 1 hour ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,151 through 9,200 (of 35,312 total)

• Carol

Well done congratulations 7lb loss whoo whoo… you are a weight loss machine at the moment…

Have a good day

Audrey x

Wow! – to Carol and Cookie…Brilliant!
    And Hemmy – back to pre-Christmas…wonderful!
    And Audrey…great wee meal idea. So simple – I’ll try that one day. Of course, I’ll have to add some parmesan to the top of it!

Having a FD today. Just getting a few things done at the office, and then I’ll head off into a load of meetings, interspersed by a quick trip to Asda to pick up ribs for the boys (they always get their favourite thing that is absolutely NO temptation to me on a FD!), and swimming for the boy. Not sure if I’m just going to have lots of soup today, or I may have a look at a low-cal ready meal when I’m at Asda. haven’t had one in years, but I’ve noticed a few others find it useful as a way of keeping things really controlled on a FD, so I may take a leaf from your books!

Carol – we just celebrated our anniversary on Sunday (except we don’t celebrate it as this time of year has been so full of OH’s birthday, Christmas, New Year, and then Valentine’s), and then it’s my birthday at the weekend. And even that, I’m not really marking too much – I don’t like lots of attention, and when it falls on a Sunday, I’D rather hide! And the boys have been really sweet and asked for a day when I have no work commitments, and told me I’ve got to keep it clear for a secret they are planning. So something will be happening on 4th Feb and this control freak will just have to go with the flow!!

Vi – thanks for reminding me about ‘His dark materials’ – I have it on my ereader for times when I really need a good story! BTW the dragons in the books are by and large, small, fishing dragons…until you get to the seadragon giganticus…and as the name suggest, you’re wise to avoid them!

Mx

Morning all

Wow sounds like some fab losses – well done all! Ended up on 507 yesterday and don’t feel especially hungry today which is good news.

Can anyone give me some pork inspiration for tea please? Boyfriend is coming over & I’m cooking, we usually have risotto Tuesday but I haven’t got all the ingredients in but do have some pork. He’s not a big fan of vegetables, pasta, rice or potatoes – I’m having a blank as to what to make!

Have a good day all
    Clare x

Clare

Sorry I do get eat pork so not really much use to you… what about pulled pork! I must admit though I have never done it.. or what about kebabs, you could marinate the pork then put onto skewers with whatever veg he will eat…

Hope this helps I am sure the others will have better ideas.

Well done on yesterday’s fast..

Audrey x

Ooh kebabs might work, thanks Audrey! It’s diced pork fillet so not much use for pulled pork, it’s been in the freezer forever so about time I used it!

Thanks x

Feeling cold and hungry…and thinking that if I have some heck sausages then it might make it easier for me to resist the cafeteria at the swimming pool later! Trying to think tactics.

Mx

Carol….what an amazing loss 7lbs..that a stone in two weeks….you are falling into Louise’s foot steps..no carbs is suiting you. MM says mix things about…well done 😀😁

Minols…a lovely surprise on the 4th Feb you will have to go with the flow….Steve’s Birthday on the 10th this is why he hides abroad somewhere no surprises ….lol

Find a lovely low cal meal at Asda to hit the spot…or heck sausages..have a good FD.

Audrey…enjoy your pasta and home made sauce, you haven’t done it in a while…

Kay…hope everything is going well and it’s coming together…🏡🏡

I have been to the doctor, nursing my ears now for three weeks and getting worse, flight looming!! He seems to think blocked passages at back of both ears, maybe due to a past virus…which is what I thought..so nose spray, ear drops and head over bowl with Vick in, to try clear it…every day up to the flight..😬..I told him I am on a healthy mode with no tablets if at all possible…he just smiled, one of my lovely doctors…

From my weekend joint…so sliced beef in gravy, in fresh baguette bread for us tonight a very slurpy dinner, one of Steve’s favourites and he’s getting me to enjoy it too…low on the calories really…won’t mention my flap jack while out feeling sorry for my self…Steve refrained good lad..😇..

Jean x

Afternoon all

Carol fab loss well done

Cookie you too, doing really well

Nfd for me really enjoyed my toast this morning, and the huge yum yum with my cuppy at a friends house was quite yummy (totally bad, but how could I not)

Gammon steak for tea and hopefully I can leave the crisps alone later.

Take care all, hope everyone else is good.

Tammy xxx

Carol Carol Carol… Whoop whoop .. what a girl. Xx

Thats half a stone in a week is absolutely brilliant going . Given you have already lost loads of weight makes it even more fab.

I can hear a joyfulness in your words too. Xx Just dress up for that anniversary and show the world the new Carol. Awww that’s made my day. Xx

Go away carbs … I had better eat you all. lolol

Wow it’s quiet on here today….

Well I am in the naughty corner have eaten way too much. It’s true once you start eating bad you can’t stop… I won’t bore you with all the c**p I have eaten but enough to say I now have tummy ache and feel ill…

Fast day tomorrow. Thank goodness hope you are all doing better than me today..

Aud xx

Audrey you took the words out of my mouth in all ways, so totally ditto, where is everyone and far too much crap has passed my lips, am considering a fast tomorrow, or a very low day, maybe a 16:8, will see.

Xxx

Tammy

Welcome to the naughty corner. ..
    You will be pleased to hear food is NOT ALLOWED in this corner. …

I wish I could feel bad before i binge… life would be so much easier…

Aud ❤❤

I am feeling really gotty, so going to bed soon. Sore ears, pain around my head and neck, apparently I have had a virus and I have blocked and inflammation in my ear tubes.

Feeling sorry for myself..had a flap jack and two small scones!! But left some dinner..😀

So joining you both..☹️☹️☹️

Jean x

Poor Jean.

Have you got antibiotics? The virus I had affected my throat and ears as well as a nasty cherry cough… it is really bad. If it carries on go back to Dr and get tablets.
    Hope you sleep well get well soon my friend… ❤❤

Audrey x

Aaaaaah just lost my post again 😬😬😬xxx

Jean feel better soon sending hugs xxx

Oh dear Audrey you are very right, would be easier if we could feel bad before we do it, I think I must crave carbs, once I start on them I just keep going, I just don’t know what I can substitute for them 😢, I am really not a fruit and veg person, I love love love, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes.

So now I want to fast tomorrow, but don’t want to change my Friday weigh in, which means another b2b and I don’t want to go that aaarrgghhh.

Maybe I won’t fast tomorrow, but just be better. Lol

Too tired to write it again.

So my lovelies…..short version lol 😂

Gud FD 464 calories, exercise and lots of water 😊. So glad to b back in control and sooooo much happier yeeeeeeeeepiiieeeee 😊😊💗💗.

Well done to everyone on yr loses fab fab fab 🤗🤗🤗xxx

Hi to everyone hope u have all had gud days, including pasta, no carbs, feeling better.

Gud luck to fasters and non fasters tomorrow.

Love Louise 😊😊💗💗🤗🤗😘😘😀😀 xxx

Tammy

Carbs are my downfall too… oh and sugar and chocolate… I just like the wrong food…

Louise I wish I had half your willpower. … well done for today.❤

Ah well. I am off to bed tomorrow is another day…

Night night

Audrey x

Hello all!!

Too many posts to read, but I will have to scan through them to pick up peoples weigh ins!!
    I caught a glimpse of a couple of posts which look very positive….Carol and Cookies 🙂

Ive not found my scales yet, so didnt do a comparison weigh in, so I have no idea if the scales are going to weigh me the same, light or heavier, so Im going to have to assume its the same and fingers crossed :-/

We are settled in and getting sorted. Just a couple more days should see us done.
    So far we are happy with the house etc so all good!

Im going to need to put a FD day soon, maybe tomorrow, as Ive not done one since last Thursday.

Ok, time to pick through the posts for pebbles!!

Goodness a mixed picture here tonight!

Carol!!! Fab result. Brilliant after a tough time. Keep going and you will look stunning for that anniversary, so many good things have come from that. So pleased for you.

Tammy, Audrey, come on guys, put it behind you. We all slip up sometimes but remember why this is so important to you. Time to get back on track. Tammy maybe go for higher fat lower carbs if you can. Fat fills you and doesn’t leave you craving.

Jean, oh no, you poor thing. It sounds horrid. But hopefully getting it sorted now will leave you clear for your lovely holiday. Your beef baguette sounds bloomin lovely.

Minols, lovely your boys are planning something for you. As a fellow control freak, I do understand…

Louise lovely to hear you sounding your old self. Focus on that maintenance. You keep telling us you’ve a bit of stubborn donkey in you….

Kay, I know you may not be posting for a bit but thinking of you.

Hemmy, Vi, Angela, Clare, and anyone I have missed, hope you are all ok.

xx

Kay, posts crossed. Great to hear you are in and happy with house. X

First post here, so please bear with.

I’ve just completed my first FD, 497 calories so not too bad and feeling alright, though really struggling to drink enough water.

I’ve decided to give this a go and will no doubt have loads of questions over the next few weeks as I get into my stride.

Been awake since early hours. Haven’t got up as its warmer under the duvet. Post menopause insomnia sucks.
    I did overdo the carbs yesterday after cutting down last week. FD today and I feel I need one. Will try and keep my carbs down. It’s rice I miss, I’m not a chocoholic but I do love cheese.

Jean
    Poor you, hope you feel better soon.

PashaW
    Welcome to our group. Lots of support and advice here.

Kay
    Hope you’ve settled in ok.

Vi, Hemmy, Minols, Audrey
    Hope your all doing ok.

Anyone joining me on a FD, have a good one.
    X Carol.

Morning Carol,
    I’m doing a fast FD today I’m in work and a busy day with a stock take Thursday.

Had my breakfast of porridge and honey 95 cals. Lunch sorted Greek yogurt 55 cals and a pack of dried fruit and chocolate snack shot 95 cals. Soup for tea 95 cals and that’s me sorted for the day.

Lynda x

Morning all

Welcome pasha ask whatever you want, lots of support and advice here..

Fast day here too…..

No weight loss here this week ….Will try harder for next week promise..

Have a good day all

Audrey x

Morning all,

Welcome Pasha

Have decided just to stick to my nfd, but will endeavour to behave myself today!!!!

Have a good one, good luck to all the faster

Tammy xxx

Morning all and welcome Pasha

Just a quick check in to say good luck to fasters and sending positive thoughts to anyone who struggled with a tough day yesterday.

Jean, hope you are still under the duvet. Take good care of yourself.

Sarah xx

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Welcome Pasha Good luck … you have had a good start. First FD under your belt Xx

Sym … hope you are feeling better this morning. Take care. Xxxx

Carol.. I am on F day today too. Good luck. Xx

Have a good day all … whatever you are doing. Xx

Brit Lovelies …

It always seems impossible till its done Xx

Lynda
    Your well organised with your 500 Cal’s planned for the day. I’m feeling very sicky at the moment, I thinks it’s lack of sleep, been awake hours.

Hemmy
    Good luck with your fast.

X Carol.

Carol

Hope you feel better soon, see if you can get your head down for a quick nap…I know it’s difficult at yours at the moment but you could do to rest…

Audrey x

Morning All…
    A dreary day here again….another 8 weeks and Spring will be breaking it will get us all in the mood for lighter clothes…😀

Still feeling grotty…no antibiotics from the doctor..continue with the meds he has given me…not keen on the head over the bowl of hot water and Vick three times a day…I look sxxt…hair greasy and all over the place…the wild women from the west….lol

A light day for us (me) as I can’t be bothered to cook, missing lunch I think and something on toast or something like that tonight…

Pasha…welcome to our corner…shout if you need help someone is always about…

Kay…glad you are getting sorted..

Carol…hope you soon feel better, try and have a sleep in the chair..

Lynda..all sorted with you FD hope the stock take goes well…

Louise …nice you are back on board and feeling your bouncy self..I feel like some of your bounce if you are sharing…lol

Audrey, Hemmy, Sarah, Carol thanks for your concern if it isn’t one of us it’s another..😀

Have a good day to the fasters…and a good day to the non fasters….

Jean x

Audrey…you have worked hard with no movement so you have maintained, so that’s good in it’s self.. hope it moves next week….lol..💕

X

Cheers Jean

I need to get a grip on my nfd… then I will lose…

Hope you are better soon ❤❤

Audrey x

When you are good Audrey you really do move it….AFD suits you well…mindset!…lol

Xx

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

This morning after my first FD I have lost 2.3lbs. I know this is skewed by having a particularly bad day before my FD, but still great for the motivation.

Looking to complete another FD tomorrow.

Can I ask how you all manage your FD? Do you split your calories over multiple meal/snacks or do you consume all at one meal? Do you have breakfast or try to delay eating until later in the day?

Thanks

Hi pasha

First of all well done on a successful 1st fast…and on losing weight…

We all do our own thing really, I like your survive from 7pm until 5 pm the day after without eating anything then have a small meal which is all I have until lunchtime the next day…this is because I am a bit of a binger so find it hard to stop once I start eating… I have also done fluid days where I just drink and don’t eat at all.. others split their calories. I haven’t really cut anything out if my diet but calorie count everything.. others have cut out carbs sugar or fat..

It really is whatever works for you, you will find a way that is just right for you in time..

Hope I have helped and not confused you more!

Audrey

Hi Pasha…..

We (hubby) fast Monday and Thursday …from Sunday’s evening meal 5 ish we fast to breakfast 9.30, I usually have some berries about 80 cals including a cuppa then go through to dinner 300 cals about 4.30 ish then fast through to breakfast the next day…we normally have 5 cups of tea or coffee with a splash of counted cals of milk through the day.

We also always have Friday off, a meal out, some wine/beer, a piece of cake something what you fancy without going overboard..always keeping under TDEE..

Hope that helps…as Audrey says we all do it a bit different….doing it a while you tweak it to suit.

Jean x

Hey guys,

it’s my 4th and last FD. Having a bit of a hard time with it. At least I can eat tommorow

Jean, Hope you feel better soon. Take it easy, ok?
    Carol, same goes for you

Audrey, stay strong. Remember slim at 60! Due to my spasm, my body always craves and craves, I know many people with my disability who eat 5500 cal every day and are thin. I’m not one of them. But I know what’s it’s like to always want

Sarah, how is your sister getting on? Is she still with us.

Kay, I’m happy you’r settling in ok, Must be a real load of your mind

Louise, happy you’re good, too. Still steamrolling on, huh

Tammy, we all have our bad days. Give yourself a break, ok

Pasha, I have some fruit for breakfast, then soup/salad for dinner. Welcome, by the way

Sorry I know I missed some of you
    Have a good day everyone
    x

Hi Aud. … well done for maintaining. You have been through the mill a bit health wise so maybe just relaxing a bit is good. As Sym says when you lose you really go for it girl. Xx

Sym… Sorry your feeling grotty. Good rest feet up best natural body cure. Xx

Carol … Dare I say I have just eaten a bigish slice of Christmas cake. Hadn’t eaten any over the holiday. The joys of 500days. Lol

Hope you manage to grab some sleep this afternoon. Xx

Reading your post to keep me awake. So tired now but not napping as it makes me feel I’ll.

Pasha
    We all have different fast days. I put aside some milk for my coffees 100 Cal’s, because I find when I feel hungry it takes the edge off. The rest I now make into a pan of soup or a crustless quiche. It works for me. I’ve lost about 3 st now and I had a cheeseburger on my NFD so you don’t have deprive yourself of everything just be careful of to many carbs.

Audrey
    You’ll get back on track. Not very long ago I went haywire and didn’t lose anything for ages. Did lots of binging accompanied by the guilt you feel after but I’m back to my routine again and the weight is coming off again.

Off to buy some sewing machine needles. My sewing machine is being difficult. Changed the thread, tension, cotton and bobbin but not cured it. So frustrating. 😵😵

HI all

Lovely to see you back in the swing, Vi…nearly there! You know we are all always stunned at your 4 days on the trot!

Jean – hope you feel better soon. We’re having a bit of a dreich day here, so I’m going to cook chicken mulligatawny for tea – a real winter warmer that we’ve been eating since the boy was weaned onto it all whizzied up!

Hi Pasha – I’ve usually gone for saving all my cals for the evening and having as normal an evening meal as possible, but I was thinking yesterday that having discovered heck sausages, I can actually have 2 of those and some bacon for a late breakfast. Protein always keeps me going well into the day. Then if I had Bovril at lunch, I could repeat the breakfast with maybe some carrots as an evening meal. So I might try splitting my food for my next few FDs and see how that suits. However, I would point out that I’m hopelessly in-exact, and pretty much the slowest loser on this site, so not a very good example to be followed!

Enjoying my NFD today, but will be back fasting tomorrow…may even weigh in, as I do like to weigh on the morning of a fast (but I’ll only make it official if I’ve lost something!)

Mx

Hi Pasha

Like Audrey I too am a binger , so I have a few black coffee’s (white if I feel the need), but save all my calories for an evening meal, I have soup, or low calorie ready meal, but am not too stricked about what I eat, but always stick to my 500, as for Nfd’s well, I struggle with them, but I still seem to lose weight, at the moment, try things different ways and see what suits you the best.

Sarah been thinking about what you said about higher fats not carbs, could you give me some suggestions?, not very up on my fats, know my carbs and protein pretty well, any help would be good, I tend to find that, I just never really feel full and once I start thinking about something, I end up just eating it, I really have no idea why I find it relatively easy to fast!!!, but I don’t start the eating cycle till late in the day.

Hi to everyone else

Will catch you later x

Hi All..

Having a lazy day…hoping to be feeling better soon or bouncy as Louise would say…

Vi…lovely to hear from you and you are on your 4 th fast this week…soon be over…you do really well..

Hemmy…hope you enjoyed your Christmas cake….have a piece for me…😀

Carol…I sympathise with you on the sewing machine they can be a pain in the bum when they don’t work…good luck on sorting it out…

Minols…good luck on a good weigh in tomorrow….enjoy your chicken meal this evening, sounds interesting..

We will be fasting tomorrow…

Jean x

Hi Everyone,

New here! Looking through it seems you’re all doing brilliantly so I thought I could use some motivation!

I started the diet today and was just going to reduce by 500 kcal every day – aim for today is 1500kcal. But my friend has told me about the 5:2 and swears by it so I had a read and it looks good to me!! I am in and am aiming to do my first FD tomorrow.

Aim is to get rid of 18lbs…

Wish me luck

lB x

Hi IB..

Welcome come and join us and get your 18 lbs off…lots of help and support here.

Weigh yourself once a week and measure your bust, waist, hips and top of legs…make a note of it…do that once a month…..if you don’t loose weight you could loose inches…

Top right of page is the fast tracker, use it it’s good and find your TDEE, this is the calories you should keep under on your non fast days…

We (hubby) will both be fasting tomorrow…

Jean x

Hi everyone…hope today’s faster have had a good day. Just sitting in the kitchen letting the smells of my chicken mulligatawny waft around me, and revelling in the companionship of two attentive dogs!

I’M out to a meeting this evening and will need to run up to tesco after for some more heck sausages if I’M going to put tomorrow’s plan into action.

A FD for me, as well as Jean, Steve and our newbie…LB. I should be on the computer at regular intervals tomorrow between meetings so just shout if you need help/encouragement!

Mx

I have had a very lazy day dosing myself up, I am far from right but not too bad at the minute. Head still buzzing a lot and muffled ears not hearing too good but fine.

We have had a light day today coming out at 700 cals, I got out of cooking…lol..so now starting our fast.

Fast day for us tomorrow, Minols and IB…anyone else joining us??

Jean x

Evening
    Very full from my quiche and homemade tomato soup.

OH had his annual health check. Blood pressure way up as I expected. Blood tests done, will be interesting to see if his glucose level is raised. Apparently he’s now 1 1/2 inches taller ????. Mmm or is it the thick soled trainers he was wearing. He’s now nearly 17 st and needed a size 50inch chest dinner jacket but still no sign of any intention to join me on the 5:2. Silly man. My daughter said to me she doesn’t think her dad will live that long. How sad is that. 😔😔😔

Carol..
    He is a very silly man but there’s lot about, only he can decide..see what his blood tests say…..

I hope you got the sewing machine working and finished the curtains.

Jean x

Evening

Jean, I am fasting tomorrow

Vi, do you actually do 4 fasts in a row, how do you find it?, do you feel you move a lot of weight?, do you do 500 fasts? , sorry very curious.

Carol, I totally understand where your coming from, my hubby must be about 24 stones, he is 6ft so will carry alot, he can hardly walk because his knee is stuffed, finally managed to get him to go to the doctor about a year ago and he was told they won’t do anything till he looses weight, so he had got bigger, I also think he has diabetes or not far from it and he smokes like a chimney, he sits all day as he drives most of the day.
    I am not looking forward to our trip to disney this year, as he is unable to do the walking he just walks for 2 minutes then stops to smoke, but I am determined, that he is not going to spoil it for me and my daughter, sorry rant over.

Catch you later

Viewing 50 posts - 9,151 through 9,200 (of 35,312 total)

You must be logged in to reply.