Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,822 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 17 hours, 39 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,051 through 9,100 (of 35,307 total)

• Morning All..

A dreary start today…drizzling

We are thinking of cutting back on the alcohol again…maybe having one with dinner occasionally…the sugar hit on treats make us feel so bad…so it’s an odd piece of cake and try and keep off the hard stuff!…chocolate…lol

I had a brandy last night that didn’t lay well either..☹️..it is really good really feeling bad, it will make us think before we eat or drink!! 🀞

Audrey…hope you are feeling a bit better today…memories do come in waves and not necessarily when you expect them….your Dad sounded a wonderful man, playing in the street with children made me laugh….a lot of the old school wouldn’t have done that….just lovely.

Have a good fast today..shout if you want help…

Minols..
    Staying the same is not bad…maintaining is the word…lol…have a good fast day and a lovely day at work. Put the biscuit tin away…not heard you talk about that for a while πŸ˜‡….

Kay…it would be sad without memories, you can’t live without love and sadness they go hand in hand…thanks for sharing..

Carol….busy on the cooking front today…be brave and tell them you need help with the washing up…throw a tea towel at each female…or god behold say it’s the men’s turn, a tea towel each.

I remember doing that on a Christmas Day to my ex and SIL, lots had already been washed up….but I said we have made it…it’s your turn to wash up…my ex said where do I keep the tea towels we had only been there 20 years!! ….they did do it..😁…be brave new you..😁

Sarah…you on the cookie front again cooking with the grandsons that’s lovely….hope the get the bedroom sorted.

Lynda…
    You are on a roll nearly 10 lbs off brilliant going….you will be seeing a big difference in your clothes..πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Just thinking what to do today will maybe pop out for a breather, a few bits from b & m bargains ….no lunch today…

Jean x

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

A very wet day … looks to be well set in too. Oh well it doesn’t matter to Mr Pips rain or sun … walkies. Lol

Carol hope you enjoy your Lamb /Turkey .. doing my beef differently today. Cooking it for 6 hours on the lowest gas mark. Topside … 3 nobs of butter … fresh rosemary … oxo cube… after 4 hrs … included mushrooms and some onion. A recipe I found on Facebook. Will see.. hope we are not disappointed. Good job Mum comes from the school of ” You will eat it if you are hungry” Lolol. Enjoy your family day. Xx

Kay .. hope you are getting there with the move stuff. Xx Good to get the past aired at times… easy too with people who are not or haven’t involved as such.. Have a good day. Xx

Min .. your post did make me smile. I reckon only sunshine would strike you.

Have a good Sunday and FD. Xx

Sarah … enjoy your grandsons… stay away from the cookies though. Lol Enjoy your day. Xx

Lynda … wow wow … haven’t you done brilliantly. A good role model for us all. Have a lovely day. Xx

Aud… a few tears help so very much to wash away sadness. Always in our hearts though. Xx Have a good FD day… spoil yourself though too. Xx

Sym … enjoy your roast … hope your stomach is ok today. Whatever you have planned enjoy the day. Xx

Everyone else have a wonderful Sunday. Xx

Brit Lovelies… Don’t forget. Lolol… A smile is like tight underwear β€” it makes your cheeks go up Xx

Hemmy…crossed posts..

Enjoy your walk…as you say rain or sun…dogs are always ready….I quite like walking in rain if it’s not too cold and have got the right clothes on..πŸ˜€

Enjoy your beef, it sounds lovely always open to new recipes….I have a recipe with pork shoulder long and slow, onions, paprika, garlic and a baking apple around the joint with some veg stock. Very tasty I freeze portions….

Have a lovely day with Mum…special times…I bet she keeps you on your toes..πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Like your quote of the day…made me laugh…

Jean x

I cook my beef in slow cooker..

Chop up 1 onion into quarters and 2 carrots into chunks then put on bottom of slow cooker..rub beef in salt and pepper then seal the beef in a pan with a little olive oil. Put beef on top of vegetables, mix oxo cube with half pint of hot water and pour over, cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.. can coat meat in herbs if you like but I prefer mine with just salt and pepper … it’s blooming lovely and melts in your mouth plus the juices make incredible gravy… oh I am hungry now AND IT’S A FAST DAY…hehe

Enjoy your beef however it’s cooked you lucky people

Audrey x

Morning all. Very wet here but much warmer today.
    Lynda
    Amazing weight loss. You must feel so good. Keep it up.

Audrey
    Hope your feeling better today. I was also close to my dad but he lived in South Africa so didn’t see him so much. I miss him soooo much but he was 85 yes do I was lucky to have him so long.
    I’ve done my beef in a slow cooker. So much easier.

Still maintaing my weight loss so far. Will try and go easy on today’s dinner and with a FD tomorrow, I’m hoping Tuesdays weigh will still show a good loss for the week.
    Must get on, spuds to Peel.
    Enjoy your day everyone.
    X

Audrey …must look into a slow cooker….have a lovely lunch..

X

Parent thinking….

Sister in law before Christmas made us a meat pie…I said is this made with plain flour she is a good cook she said yes…I always make mine with SR flour…

Looking in recipe books like I do…plain flour it normally is…

I said to daughter also a good cook..which flour do you use for pastry…SR flour….she said…why…..I use your recipes, it’s always SR flour…

My sister came to visit, again which flour do you use….again SR flour….why….Mum always used SR flour.

So that’s my answer….

Mum as a girl in service, her mum died when she was 12…. was taught to cook obviously using SR flour…I must admit when taking mince pies into the office everybody dived into mine and always said my pastry is lovely and why….I now know why…πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•love to my Mum and her lovely cooking…

Morning (just) all

Ahhh about 20posts to catch up on.

Lynda well done

Audrey hope your feeling better today

Everyone else all the Sunday lunches/dinners sound lovely

I myself will be having soup, I ate so much last night I am not even going to tell you, I would embarrass myself, so fast day for me, joining Audrey and Minols (I think, sorry the page turned)
    And I am also going to do AFD this week, if only I could behave on nfd’s and eat normal, guess after 46yrs of bad eating habits they are hard to change.

Take care, speak later. Xxx

Sorry not fasting today now…. got girls calling this afternoon…

Just heard from Ginette she says she is almost ready to rejoin us soon… fingers crossed…

Off now need to sort something out for tea for 4…

Audrey x

Lynda, that’s fantastic!

Jean, SR flour for me too, as taught by my mum πŸ˜‰

Final bits and pieces to do in the house ahead of move in the morning, mainly the kitchen to finish off.

Off to the pub in a bit for some food, we have nothing left in the house to eat!!

The diet is out of the window at the moment but I’ll be back on it in a couple of days.

X

Kay…
    Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow, it will be a long day.

Get yourself sorted and you can be back with us….enjoy your meal later…a big sigh when you have finished….πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Thinking of you

Jean πŸ’•πŸ’•

Kay

Good luck for tomorrow hope the move goes smoothly…

Audrey x

Hi all,

Busy morning on here.

Lynda, well done on your weight loss this week.

Audrey, glad you’re feeling better. Don’t worry about your FD, sometimes you have to do what’s good for the soul.

Kay, good luck for the move tomorrow. Don’t worry about the diet, moving is supposed to be one of the most stressful things.

All, your roasts are sounding lovely. I could do with one but sadly I don’t have the energy or ingredients. We had arriabata linguine with chicken. It was nice but didn’t hit the spot on a cold wet day. Still, under 600 cals so I’ll be grateful for that. Have some super greens soup for tea but I need to try to lay off the bread with it! πŸ˜‚

I had a lovely chilled afternoon yesterday and normally I would watch a chick flick and snack lots, but actually I didn’t want much and actually stopped after 5 pringles! Success! πŸ˜‚

With travel this week my FD’s will be tomorrow and Friday. Not ideal but it’s when I can do them.

Enjoy your day everyone. X

Angela….
    Enjoy your travels…at least you fitting your FD s in to suit…that’s good with the 5.2 you can suit your work commitments.

Have a good week..

Jean x

Hi again

Kay good luck with the move

Have re-thought, my fast days, will need to do a b2b today, tomorrow, it’s tea and toast at work Tuesday and I don’t have the will power to refuse toast, however it is also chippy on Thursday, but I will refuse that and fast Thursday, I seem to have an aversion to changing my weigh in day, I like it on a Friday.

Am away for a cup of soup, OH and daughter have just scoffed Mcd’s in front of me, no fair 😒

Good afternoon FBB friends Xx

What an awful wet day. Nice just to snuggle indoors.

Must say I am worried about my beef as not cooked it like this before. Lol At the moment … its been in for 2 1/2 hrs and not much smell going on. Lol It is only on minimum flame in gas cooker. After 4 hrs have to add mushrooms… slice beef and return to closed dish to carry on cooking in juices … fresh rosemary… mixed dried herbs .. butter… oxo cube. Supposed to be melt in the mouth luscious.

Looking for dinner at 7pm…. do you think we will still be looking. Lolol.

Interesting about the pastry Sym. I always use plain flour… Delia … Mary Berry… just asked Mum and straight away its… self raising what her Mum used also being a good cook. Apparently according to Mum ” its got more go in
    it Lolol. Xx

Apologies for all who are on a FAST DAY . Lol All this talk of food. Xx

Carol hope you enjoy your roast Xx

Aud… like Sym have been thinking about slow cooker too. Enjoy your time with the girls. Xx

Casp… put yesterday behind you. Today is another day. Xx

Kay enjoy your pub lunch you must be feeling tired now bless you. hope all goes well tomorrow Xx

Gotto …Wow girl how the hell did you just stick with 5 pringles. That is brilliant. They are so moreish. Xx

Vi … Graham … Cookie anyone else. Celtic and Stu how are you two doing. Will be fantastic to have our lovely Gin back again. Very missed by us all. Xx

Hemmy and Jean

Got my slow cooker from tesco… it’s great and not very expensive, liked it so much bought one for zoe, Katie, Vicky and another for the caravan… it’s oval shaped and looks like stainless steel… it’s on offer at the moment less than 20 pound..

Audrey x

Thanks Aud … will check it out. Xx

Update on Beef . Lolol

I was getting worried as no smell… then after 3 hours it smelt fantastic … when I sliced after 4 hrs as they said a bit undercooked but easy to slice at that point. Well it tasted fantastic the juices wonderful … just add some cornflour or granules to thicken after the next 2 hours. Ready at 6.30pm … with roasties… Yorkshire cauliflower cheese carrots and peas. Yay. Xxxx

Hemmy

Beef sounds lovely… we have had pizza! I couldn’t think of anything else to do at such short notice… at least it is a good excuse lolo πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ™„..

I think the slow cooker is Β£10 at the moment from tesco it’s a 3 litre one…also apparently do a 5.5 litre one for Β£17 in the sale.. look online…

Audrey x

Hi all – hope your roasts were as wonderful as they sound! I failed my FD today. No excuse, but the cirumstances were spending 3 hours in a VERY cold sports complex watching the boy in a long shinty tournament. Succumbed to the baking that was put on by the club as a fund-raiser. Probably the back ground reason is where I am in my monthly cycle…just wish I knew how to fast no matter what.

So now I need to decide whether to fast tomorrow, or just stick with the plan for Tues and Thurs this week…I’ need to think seriously about my evening commitments – what helps and what really need food to get me through!

Meanwhile – good luck tomorrow, Kay – be thinking of you.

Mx

Minols

I am fasting tomorrow now…. can buddy up with you if that helps… perhaps a Monday mass fast? Anyone fancy ??

Audrey xx

Evening all

Lynda, well done what a brilliant start to January for you.

Must admit have never made pastry with SR or even heard of it. i will give that a go, not that I make it much now.

So Cookies made and taken home by boys to daughter’s house. Beds sorted. Roast done and eaten, dog walk in the mist, rain and semi dark. Some bits of snow still lying on the downs. V unusual for me to cook a roast. We do sometimes eat sunday lunch rather than evening but a big old roast needs an excuse and a crowd for me and only happens about 6 times a year and really enjoy it because it is not that often. So many pans and last minute shenanigins. I go for an easier life. A big old moussaka, lasagne or fish pie is more my scene and tbh prefer eating those.

I can almost smell your beef Hemmy amd I am particularly partial to cauli cheese with roast beef. I did leeks in cheese sauce with our lamb.

Jean, I don’t think you’d regret a slow cooker. My sister got me mine for Christmas about 6 years ago and it used so frequently in the winter. I did both the Christmas ham and pudding in it this year. It cooks so evenly and there’s no steam. You can put it on and go out for the day. Nothing ever seems to spoil.

Didn’t have wine today or roast potatoes but still eating that bloomin rye bread. I just can’t be trusted around it. It is gone now, but mainly into me!

I am fasting tomorrow and then not til Friday. Also for work reasons, Angela, but I think Monday and Friday are great to fast. The weekends can’t end late or begin early and weekends are the most difficult for me.. (PLANNING to keep off the deadly carbs!)

Have a great night everyone x

I am fasting tomorrow, so will be joining “Monday Mass” lol

Xxx

Full of roast and rye bread so WHY am I think about those frozen crumpets that are so easy to defrost…

Audrey, did you mean Mass or mass? Whichever I am up for it!

Audrey
    I’m in for a Monday mas fast.

Lynda x

Hi Minols, your cycle is likely to be the reason you didn’t lose also, don’t beat yourself up over it. I’m a little in the same boat, currently trying and failing to keep my hand out of the mini chocolate orange bag! πŸ˜‚

I’m in for tomorrow’s fast. It’s a good point Sarah that it stops the naughtiness being too long. I wonder whether it’s best to split up days to keep your appetite suppressed? My 1st eating day after fasting I’m not too fussed, and a small meal fills me but then my appetite slowly comes back so by Sunday I can munch for Britain. Hmmmm, I’ll see the effect next week.

Angela, two days together doesn’t suit me at all. I can’t trust myself to go 5 days with no fast to reign me in, plus I just find two days together harder. Somehow though three days midweek and I am still restrained because there is no weekend egging me on. My last fast was Wednesday and I could eat for England at the moment.

When I’m in the office I can keep my eating well restrained. I’m always running about and out on the factory floor or in and out of meetings.
    Maybe there’s something in it and if so a FD at the weekend or close to could be the solution. X

Hi All..
    Really lovely roast beef meal, apple pie and custard and a Merlot ..what a finish to the weekend..πŸ˜€..still under 1000 cals for the day ..I can’t believe that….no lunch…..61 cals was breakfast..πŸ˜€

After discussing the slow cooker…Steve said why change what always is good…so it’s no I will keep thinking…lol..always open for suggestions.

Minols….sorry the cold hall got to you…it’s hard I think when you have children about..

Hemmy…glad the smell is coming through now I am sure it will be lovely…we enjoyed ours, don’t have so many roasts and trimmings now…

Tammy…sorry you have to re arrange your FD’s a few tomorrow..

Sarah…..SR is self raising flour usually for cakes…us oldies use it for pastry instead of plain which is the norm these days….keep off the crumpets, bought some jumbo ones today…

Steve and I are now fasting all food finished…a fair few of us together tomorrow…

Vi …how are you doing, keep popping by

Audrey…enjoy your meal we are all busy cooking today….

Louise…are you still with us, are you busy?? Keep popping by….

Carol…hope you have them all helping with the clear up you after your meal…lol

Angela, Lynda Clare, Kay, Graham…hope everybody’s enjoying the weekend….

Jean x

Mmmmmm Jean. Roast beef and apple pie. How did you manage all that for under 1000 cals? I suspect you exercised portion control which I would not be able to do with roast beef and apple pie.

I had my super greens soup… yuk! Still it was full of fiber so good for me. X

Evening lovelies 😊😊,

Wow u have all been busy, so many posts….love reading them all. Love how life just around the country just bobs along πŸ’—πŸ’—.

Hi Audrey, sorry to hear about your dad. Anniversaries are hard πŸ˜•. U r in my thoughts 😊😊😘😘.πŸ’—Xx

Congratulations Lynda on yr fab weight loss well done lovely πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—Xx

Kay, good luck on the move. Will be thinking about you πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—xx

I have a slow cooker best thing I ever bought….meat just falls apart and you can put your tea onto cook while you are out n it smells yummy when u walk into the house later on πŸ˜€πŸ˜€.

It’s been a busy weekend. It’s nice to just sit down 😊. My mum and dad and mum in law came over yesterday for lunch and a lovely country walk. They r off to Venice tomorrow for 4 days. Will miss them. πŸ’—πŸ’— Today has been golf and rugby πŸ‰. Very muddy and it was my turn to help wash the rugby kit nice πŸ‘πŸ» n sweaty n muddy from teenagers πŸ˜€. Iain weighed in this morning and has lost 5lbs 😊and half a inch round his neck. Measuring waist tomorrow as forgot and he had eaten lol. So in two weeks he has lost a stone now. He’s on a roll and doing another week 😊. He’s away to India on Saturday so fingers crossed he’s able to eat πŸ˜€.

Well, I have had an interesting week on maintenance front. I haven’t had much info from the maintenance thread, so have researched it. But it’s a bit of a grey area πŸ˜•. Anyway, I am a work in progress lol πŸ˜‰. I’m not gonna add to the beach for the month of January, if that’s ok πŸ‘ŒπŸ». I have weighed myself on Saturday and I’m not near my trigger wait but I have put on, but my clothes feel the same (want to be honest with u all coz if I can’t be honest and upfront then this journey is never gonna work). I weighed myself this morning and I’ve lost 2lbs. As u can see this is not easy. But I am determined to find my happy medium and I will find it. But I think it’s gonna b a lot of trial and error. So, the plan is to fast twice this week again and work out my TDEE with lots of exercise lol. Fingers crossed this will work.

I hope you have all had a lovely weekend and good luck to all fasters and non fasters tomorrow.

Love Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ€—πŸ€—

Evening all, hopefully in time I’ll be able to do personal replies when I get to know you all!
    Feeling very jealous of all the roasts today.

I had an invite this morning to breakfast at the pub, be rude not to right? Managed to restrain myself & only have bagel with cream cheese & salmon. Then 9 holes of golf in the rain & swapped my usual pint at the 19th for a Diet Coke.

Fast day for me too tomorrow so I’ll join in the mass fast please.

Quick question, is there a way to know where you are up to in a thread? I just had to go to the last page and then back one, which I’m hopeful isn’t the best way!

Enjoy your evening. Clare x

Clare…
    There’s 50 posts to a thread..just go back to where you posted last and follow through to end. You don’t always have to go on the previous page sometimes you do…
    Hope that makes sense…
    Sometimes I use my phone and iPad together…a bit easier..
    Jean x

Angela….I did miss lunch out…I could be a touch higher MFP is hard to be spot on…

Louise…you will get there, it’s a shame maintanence didn’t help much….we are with you and will support you the best we can…it’s not easy. πŸ˜€

Iain has done really well a stone brilliant…lovely India I am jealous…my favourite place..lol

Jean x

Huge well done to Iain,he must be really chuffed. Louise well done on your 2lbs, it can’t be Easy finding a level.

Clare as far as I know, you just have to scroll back the posts 😈, well done on swapping out the pint for fizzy.

Angela your soup sounds lovely πŸ˜‰

Jean you had a good day, wish I could be more like it.

Well I have spent the afternoon feeling like I have cheated on my fast, but haven’t, don’t know if its spending the afternoon watching food eating challenges on you tube, has fooled my head, am I the only one that watches a lot of food stuff on tv when fasting, it’s like I like to tease myself lol.

Tammy…I watch things on the TV, diet programmes, cookery shows and go shopping on FD’s….sometimes bake too but I try not too…Steve gets upset…I get them frozen fast and out the way…lol

I must be mad…lol

Jean x

Hi FBB

Well thank goodness that beef was lovely after all that panic. Lol

We enjoyed it but think the traditional way suits us best. Lol.

Fast day for me tomorrow also so will join the mass. Lol.

Sym … oh … cant remember when I ha apple pie and custard last….triggered my thinking now. Lol.

I must say sooo much weight being lost on the no sugar diet, Mmmm really gives you food for thought.

Hope everyone is enjoying their evening. Xx

Hemmy…
    It does make you think about the sugar…just maybe decreasing how you can, bread and potatoes cutting back…glad the meal went well at the end…you have to try different ways…

Louise…I forgot your 2 lbs off is that good or not….not sure…are you wanting to gain ….were are you on your trigger point of goal?

Jean x

Lots of us fasting tomorrow then. Should be good fun and lots of support if anyone has a wobble…

I don’t think I could do the no sugar diet it sounds really hard and as I don’t eat many vegetables I do get my fibre and vitamins from fruit instead. .. I have watched the sugar free farm from last week …. the side effects are horrible I take my hat off to you Louise and your Iain you are much braver and have more will power than me and my Ian..

I am off to bed soon. Will post tomorrow to call the mass fast troupe to arms.. Lolo night all

Audrey xx

Hi Clare, no easy way to work out where you last were. I try to flick back to the last time I read them. But don’t worry if you miss some. There’s loads of us and we’re quite chatty! πŸ˜‚

Jean, now I understand how you manage to consider everyone in your posts: phone & tablet. What a great idea. I have been known to scribble notes as I read and still aren’t as comprehensive in my response as you.

Sleep well Aud. I’m not far from bed myself.

Xx

Evening all.
    Just chilling after the marathon cook. OH watching yet another detective drama, I hate them. Put my headphones on and listening to George Micheal at the moment.
    My roast lamb was lovely, very tender. I cooked it slow. Only had meat veg and 1 small roast. They all had bakewell tart or syrup tart, with custard. Even my 18 month old granddaughter are really well which is unusual for her.
    I’m fasting tomorrow along with several of you. Weigh in on Tuesday. I’m so looking forward to the scales, I’ve had a good week.

Lynda
    Good luck with your move, hope it all goes well for you.

Hope everyone else fine. X

Finally in bed. The final cleaning and packing took longer than I anticipated although we did a few hours out at the pub. Saw a few people to say goodbye too which was nice.
    Had veg lasagne with salad and garlic bread which I really enjoyed as its not something I would cook at home and Ive not had pasta for ages!!
    I did have 2 glasses of Pinot too. Apart from a tiny slice of salted caramel roulade for supper to finish it off from the fridge, Ive not had anything else, so not too bad for a NFD.

Tomorrow will be light during the day, we dont have much left and I will need to grab something quick and easy for tomorrow night so cant say I will be fasting with you to be sure, I’ll see how I get on.

I will only have my phone as from tomorrow. The internet isnt being switched on til Wednesday but hopefully I will have a phone signal to pop by if I get a minute tomorrow evening!

Ive added Lyndas 3 and Iains 5 pebbles to the jar, so we now have 61.5 in there!!!

There might be a delay with the next update but hopefully I wont miss anyones weigh in posts.

One of the last things I will do in the morning before I leave, is to weigh myself here and then weigh myself in new house before eating or drinking anything so I can see if there is any variance!

I cant reply to everyone as I need to get some sleep, up at 7, so good luck to the mass fasters tomorrow. Welcome Clare πŸ™‚ And Louise….I still think you should be trying 6:1 πŸ˜‰

Catch you all when I can

Kay xx

Morning all,

So it’s Mass Fast Monday… are we all ready??

I think it’s Tammy, Carol, Jean (+ steve), Lynda, sarah, Hemmy and myself hope I haven’t missed anyone…

Kay Good luck with the move hope it goes smoothly…

Back later Ian is just home

Keep in touch together we are stronger

Audrey x

Morning all

Just to say good luck to Kay today. X

Louise, it will take a little while to find a maintenance level. You will find the balance and remember we are alongside you, wanting you to succeed every bit as much as we did when you needed to lose.

Unless I am mistaken, I think Angela is joining us today.

Stay strong fasters!

Hehe Sarah I knew I would forget someone… trouble is I am so forgetful I forget who is who….blame it on the lack of hormones…

Sorry Angela….πŸ˜”πŸ˜”..

Vi are you still with us? Hope you are feeling better this week, we miss you….

Aud x

My goodness you lot natter…although interesting to see that most people have a roast on a Sunday….

So first weigh in, in the morning, 3rd fast day today. Fingers crossed, for some strange reason i only weighed myself after the first fast day of Monday last week so will repeat again in the morning…

Cookie

Morning all,

Yes I’m on board for mass fast today. So far zero calories have passed my lips! πŸ˜‚

Good luck everyone. X

Hey Guys

Yes, I’m still alive! πŸ˜› Like Kay said, I’m really feeling rubbish. But I promised myself I would fast this week, so I started yesterday and let’s just say it’s hard with this much pain. Ron made the here so adored Skipper soup for me. So I will be having that tonight as well. I really don’t like any sort of bean, so it’s not my favorite. But like Angela? said, it’s good for me

It seems like you guys are so much chattier than usual, we only have 3 new people πŸ˜› πŸ˜› Welcome guys!

So this is absolutely not fast related, but as some of you might know, A Series of unfortunate events came out on Netflix. Have any of you read that to your kids or maybe read it when you were still young yourselves, because I have to wonder what do people, but kids especially take away from that series . I, as 12-year-old, couldn’t make it through the first book for the life of me. It’s just all so sad and bleak. Wikipedia said people compare it to Harry Potter, but other than the death of parents and abusive “family” members, I just don’t see many similarities. The HP universe is just so colorful and hopeful to me. It’s about a boy overcoming adversity and danger, while he finds his place in the world where he belongs.
    Neil Patrick Harris, does great as Count Olaf, though. I love him.

Have a good day guys
    x

Morning All..

A drizzle day here not nice…

We are with the mass fast today Audrey….lets all keep strong…πŸ˜€

Kay…hope all goes well today…

Cookie..hope you have a good weigh in tomorrow and are pleased..🀞

Angela..I have just had my berry breakfast…

Vi..lovely to have you back hope you soon feel better and can join us again..good luck to your fast days πŸ’•

Good luck to the mass fasters today….have a good day everyone..

Jean

Viewing 50 posts - 9,051 through 9,100 (of 35,307 total)

You must be logged in to reply.