Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,827 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 1 hour, 16 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 851 through 900 (of 35,312 total)

• Hi Arianwen

Nice to see you here. Yes it seems really strange. I have been doing it for nearly 6 months now and I have lost a pound short of 3 stone on that time.

I have a lot of advice to people new on the diet on the thread below:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/my-10-week-weight-loss-week-by-week/#post-101802

Good luck and we will hear from you when you get back.

Ginette

That’s amazing Ginette! Well done you!
    I will check out you link, thanks so much 🙂
    Arianwen.

You are welcome. It shows some ups and downs and what to expect.

Ginette

Hi all,

Well I am back after my weekend away. Met up with some friends and ended up with KFC. Tried to be good for rest of weekend have been on scales and have lost 2lb this week. Only need to lose another 2lb now and I am back at pre wedding weight.

Going to have a liquid day tomorrow

Keep on going everybody, keep in touch

Audrey

Morning all
    Lost 2lb this week so HAPPY! About that. Next week hopefully drop into the 11st mark lost 26lb so far. Also so near the 2st mark YEAH!!
    How’s every one doing?

Well done Lynda,

I am struggling to get back into 5 2. I seem to be sabotaging myself but I am determined to carry on.

It’s very quiet on here…..where is everyone?

Audrey

Hi Audrey

I have had a busy few days this week. I have a quiet day today so here I am. You will need to be strict and tell yourself it is just two days. Don’t do it on the days you are seeing friends as this is a shame to avoid things and maybe not enjoy things together.

Hi Lynda

Well done 2lb is a good amount and it will feel good to drop into the next stone. 26lbs is a brilliant loss, do you feel better for it? I’m sure your clothes are way to big now……an excuse to buy something new!

I am waiting for September for new clothes as I prefer the darker colours for skirts and they only have light coloured ones that I like. I need to buy ones with an elastic waist because not only do they expend (which I won’t need) but the pull in when you lose weight. This way I can get something a little small and it will still fit for about three sizes!

I have a waist that is out of proportion so that it is smaller than my hips and tummy so these skirts suit me well.

I hope you are having the pleasure of new clothes.

Ginette

Hi guys!

Another new person inspired by a friend’s loss on 5:2 – his chins have disappeared! Not that I have multiple chins..75k at start aiming for 66k.

Just under 2 weeks in and 2k lost. This despite not adhering to the tdee thing for the first week! Got my head round that now..you can’t just eat ANYTHING on non fast days, right?!!!

Weirdly enjoy the fast days..kind of liberating!

Have a good day 🙂

Karen
    X

Hi Karen

Well welcome the the forum and to 5:2. I have been going this for 6 months and I just cut back on food for a few months before that. I can say that weight loss is really achievable with this. I started as my son was doing it although not too strictly and he had some weight loss. I was at the start of this 19.1 but that is having already had a stone loss with the cutting down method which can be a bit hit and miss.

This week I am pleased to say I have lost 3lb and have gone into the 15 stones such a nice feeling. So I can now say that I have lost over 4st since I started and over 3 stone of that since starting 5:2 in January. As weight was slowing down 2/3 weeks ago I changed back to 4:3 to get it moving. It seems to be working. I am relatively strict on NFD but I do also have treats and the occasional meal out.

Karen as you see I started with a bit more than a double chin!! 🙂 you have had a really good loss to start with and that should inspire you to keep going. We all help one another here. Whereabouts do you live?

I always find fast days liberating I now eat very similar things on them so I don’t really have to think to much. I don’t get bored as I make sure that NFDs I have a variety of things.

My fast day choices tend to be spicy or bbq chicken from farm foods and vegetables or fish in butter sauce in vegetables, this allows me to have fruit or fruit and half a yoghurt if I want to. If I am tight for calories I can have sugar free jelly and half a yogurt. I always allow 250g of milk for 5 cups of tea, of course all counted and maybe have 2 pints of water as well.

Hi Lynda and Audrey how are you doing now?

Hi Arianwen

How are you getting on?

Karen check out the link I added a few posts ago for Arianwen. It is meant for people just starting out. I didn’t post until after I had been doing it for a couple of weeks either.

Ginette

Hi all,

It’s a quick hello and goodbye for a while from me. I am going to stay with my mum for a few days then off on holiday for most of august. We have got grand children coming to stay with us for a few days too so going to be busy, busy, busy!

I will do my best to conform but can’t promise every day will be good, however stay strong people and I will be back soon.

Good luck everybody

Audrey

Hi Audrey

Have a lovely time away, any gains you have can be soon sorted out as they will be small if any.

It is so important to live life as well and enjoy ourselves, don’t forget that. You have done really well and you can continue that journey when you come back. X

Ginette

Thanks ginette and congratulations again to you for your fantastic loss

Audrey

Thanks Audrey

Hi Ginette (and all!)

Thanks for your advice. And congrats to you on your amazing and inspirational loss to date!

I have lived in the Channel Islands for over 20 years now but born and bred in the Black Country.

I do tend to eat basically the same stuff with minor variations on fast days. As you say, don’t have to think too much then. I am fasting Mon and Thurs and weighing Fri am when I guess I expect to see the best number on the scales!!

Enjoy your Sunday 🙂

Karen

X

Hi Karen

Many thanks. Yes a lot of people find it difficult to know what to eat. That is why I stick to the same things. That explains why you calculate your weight in kg.

I don’t think it will take you a long time to lose that as you will normally have a good starting loss, I actually lost more the second month if I remember as I had fully understood it by then.

At least you will now have company on your journey.

Ginette

Hi everyone.x

I am 69 and live on the Oxfordshire/ Northamptonshire borders.

I am hoping to lose 28 lbs. Started the fast day yesterday and was so excited to have lost nearly 3 lbs… this morning. Used all my cals in one mid day meal. Lots of water with lemon and coffee / tea. Love my evening wine but never missed it… which surprised me.

Today did 3 smallish meals amounting to about 1ooo cals. Hopefully not put too much back on tomorrow. realize yesterdays loss was probably quite a lot of water. Feel good tonight. 25lbs to go.

Hi Hemmy

Welcome to the thread. I am from the south of England, I have been doing 5:2 or 4:3 occasionally since mid January. I have lost over three stone doing it so it is possible. I lost a stone before but that was just by cutting back. I must say a normal diet doesn’t work for me I don’t want to feel that I am restricted 7 days a week as I get disheartened. I have such a lot to lose that I know that this is the right way, there is also the health benefits from fasting.

I have normally just the one meal at night but many people do it differently. I think it is a case of whatever works for you. I find being strict in the week and relaxed at the weekends works for me.

Have a look at my fitness pal app as you can put your target weight loss in there and how much you want to lose a week and it will tell you the amount of calories that you can eat in a day.

I find that it is about right and quite a realistic figure. I log my weight once a week on the app and this keeps a record of it, of course I realise that you may want to weight more than this especially at first, but don’t be upset to see your weight go up and down throughout the week as this happens and can be exhilarating one day and depressing the next.

Normally between 1 and 2 lbs is average loss in a week. The weight will come off if you stick to the plan.

Good luck

Hi All, you are all very quiet I hope you are not too busy eating!!

Ginette

Thank you so much for your kind welcome.. Ginette

Your own weight loss is an inspiration .. well done.

Looking forward to reading more on this way of life and hope to have a good result over the coming weeks. Thank you.

Eta Just going to weigh day 2. Lol

Welcomes hemmy

I’ve lost 26lb in 15 weeks I only weigh once a week as it fluctuates so much weighing every day and will put me off if I gain one day.
    Good luck on your new journey.

Lynda

Hi Lynda and thank you.

Wow what a fantastic result you have.

I know it is probably better to weigh once a week but I am impatient. lol
    I am sure as time goes by things will change.
    Just weighed this morning and I gained 1 pound so back to 2 loss.
    I am going to do another fast day today. One meal at 1pm .. lots of lemon water .. tea and coffee.
    Have a good day. x

Hi Hemmy

Yes as you see not a true weight weight loss yet, as I say it really does fluctuate throughout the week. There are also times when you may get constipated or headaches so make sure you drink enough water as well this can help both.

But the fact that you have started will show a loss. I had a couple of weeks with no loss a few weeks ago. So I changed up to 4:3 (I would only recommend this after you have been doing 5:2 for two to three months and reach a plateau).

Just carry on sticking to the plans, I can fluctuate as much as 3-4lbs in a week and that was interesting to see but also quite disheartening as well, that is why I changed to weighing less often.

Yes I am on another fast day as well today.

I shall post a link to a thread I started with my ten week loss and some information about how I found 5:2 initially. It may help you.

Ginette

Hi Lynda

Yes it is nice to look back on the loss to know how far we have come.

Why don’t you add your weight loss on this link as this will help to sho people new to 5:2 what to expect and how quickly it can come off.

Hi Hemmy

Here is the link.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/my-10-week-weight-loss-week-by-week/#post-101802

Ginette

Hi Ginette

Thank you for the tips.x

Its strange but I have not missed my evening wine at all… something I looked forward to and was probably my downfall.lol

Just had my one meal of the day… salmon .. 2 small potatoes and salad. Hopefully that will be okay. Lots of fresh lemon in water and tea /coffee. I am doing quite a big weeding job in the garden today ..so hoping that will help.

Hope your fast day is going well.x

Hi all, I lost the plot a bit recently but think I am back on track again.It didn’t help that I had two periods in July. A few day ago my weight changed by nealy 6lb over night. Where I am in cyce seems to affect everything. The good news is I’ve managed two fast days this week without any problems. At 47 I’m thoroughly sick of life being governed by hormones. After the set backs of a couple fastdays that didn’t go to plan I was worried that I was almost cause. Stu has had two epileptic seizures in the space of 24 hours and although not life threatening it has bought it home to me that if nothing else I need to get weight and health issues sorted for his sake. We wait to see if an increase in medication is effective for him.

G, that’s amazing! I need to loose around 5st or 70 lb and was wondering is 18 months to two years a realistic time frame.

We have switched to oats and filtered water for breakfast and I have to say its be coming a favourite, water seems increase the depth of flavour of the oats. Has anybody found their tastes in food changing ?

Hi Celtic

It is sometime since I have seen a post from you it is really nice to see you back. Well thankfully you can disregard the 6lb overnight gain as you will probably lose the same amount within a couple of days. I agree it can be quite annoying but when it happens remember it is temporary.

I fully sympathise and truly understand your worry about your husband. I have had epilepsy for years and at the moment is completely in control with medication, it has been for a long time but I will be undergoing a change this year and for me that is very worrying. I have recently looked up side effects of my medication as I have been on these for many years. I also went on a forum to see what the side effects were, interestingly I found I possibly have two or three of the side effects and had not realised that this might be do do with my medication. I just thought that it was one I had to take and that was that. Something that has recently happened is that I am suffering from very low sodium levels. This can be dangerous so am I forced to change them, it is still a worry though.

I have lost just over 3 stone this year or 44lbs if you work in lbs, I know that I can can lose another 28 this year. That will take me up to 5 stone or 72lbs. So my answer to your weight loss is yes I think you can.

I find that with my loss the key to my success so far is to be very good on fast days and then fairly good with the odd treat on NFDs and relax a little at the weekend. My target is a minimum of 1lb a week and if it goes below this for two weeks I change up to 4:3 for a while to kickstart you. I found that I was getting lazy in my food choices on NFDs and this was my problem. I did exercise a little at home regularly until a few months ago, but the hot weather and the fact that I suffer with high blood pressure put an end to this. I am however thinking I must restart as I can feel my stomach getting squidgy and so I shall see what my local gym suggest.

I know with the amount that you are overweight there is a possiblilty to join the gym via the NHS and get a few sessions free. The gym really isn’t anything I look forward to in fact the exact opposite! But needs must.

Go on the link I put in a few posts earlier to a thread I started, my 10 week losses are here and also Lynda as it gives people an idea on the fluctuations we see. Feel free anybody to add your 10 weeks to these are it is really helpful to newcomers and those thinking of joining.

Hi Hemmy

How are you doing?

Ginette

I wish you luck on your journey.

Hi Celtic

I forgot to say I always used to have porridge like this but with a small amount of milk, about the same as you would put in a cup of tea. I can’t be doing with instant porridge though!!

I now never eat breakfast although on the odd evening I have porridge for an evening meal. I always have a late lunch about 2.30 – 3.30. On a fast day I don’t normally eat anything apart from an evening meal. If I really want something I have a sugar free jelly with a couple of spoonfuls of yoghurt or about 100gms of strawberries with a couple of spoonfuls of yoghurt, I drink plenty of water and about 5 cups of tea, with milk all counted though.

Ginette

Hi all

Hi all going into day 6 on my first week.

I have had some ups and downs but very thrilled with how its going.
    During the week had lost 4lbs put 2 back on after a binge drink and eat evening.

Today I am at 3lb loss and hope to make the 4lb by Monday morning. Its the first time I have felt in control on a diet.
    Have done 2 fast days so far and will do one more tomorrow.

Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the lovely weather. x

Hi Hemmy

Well done on your loss, there are always ups and downs in the beginning and even if you don’t make the 4lbs you will still have a good loss. I heard that it takes 3 weeks to form a habit so hopefully this will soon happen.

Best of luck for Monday.

Ginette

Morning all!

Well after good losses for the first 2 weeks this week’s is hardly worth noting- 0.1 kg!! Although I did lose 1.5 cms from waist and clothes feel looser so it’s not all bad!

Reading this thread and others it seems like the weight does not come off with consistent regularity for some but in fits and starts. So if you stick with it, it will even out over time.

Have a great day 🙂

Karen
    Xx

Hi Karen

Yes there are ups and downs but so far as long as you keep going down then this is fine. If you have a low loss next week you will need to look into what you are eating and drinking on NFDs. Sometimes the answer can be there.

After the first two or three weeks I calorie counted every day for a couple of weeks just to make myself aware of calories, as I remember there were a few shocks. I know this is boring and I agree. I always do it on a fast day and look up foods that I don’t know but I would rather not count everyday. Now I have a good idea of what I am eating and life is easier. I use my fitness pal. You can I put your target and how much you want to lose a week and it will calculate a calorie allowance for you. I think that this is realistic and so I don’t go over this.

I’m not sure if I posted this link before but it shows my 10 weeks loss and also other people’s. This will give you an idea.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/my-10-week-weight-loss-week-by-week/page/2/

I hope this helps

Ginette

Hi Ginette

I do use my fitness pal and log everything religiously! I am doing it daily at the moment so I can keep track of everything. .feels like I’m always on there!

I have updated my tdee..it’s a really useful tool as is the fast diet tracker.

Thanks for all the tips and encouragement

Karen
    Xx

Hi Karen

You will get there. Just carry on the way you are. I know with myself I have big fluctuations due to water retention. It is frustrating but I know it is temporary.

Ginette

Hi Ginette and all.

I am sooo thrilled …. made a 4lb loss on week 1.

Did 3 fasts of one meal Mon ..Wed .. Fri. I do realise that this is probably the easy week for biggest loss.

I never really counted the cals this week as such but was very mindful.

On non fast days when I had wine… swapped my big wine glass for a sherry glass and sipped. ( that is unheard of for me) I usually drink my first big glass like water)Lol

Anyway feel sooo in control and I can do this I keep telling myself. All the posts here are so encouraging plus also its lovely to see that others have to fight the same food demons.

I have been reading about the results with weight loss… taking 3 tbls of virgin olive oil per day.

What are your thoughts?

Anyway of to face the new day … Non fast day today. Good results for every one. x

Hi Hemmy

Great new and a great motivator. Being mindful is good. Many people don’t count calories on NFDs I keep an eye on them but don’t count unless I think I want to be reminded of the calorie count in things. I do look up new foods though. I can remember someone who used to love hummus when they counted they were shocked by how many calories was in it.

I think we all fight demons from time to time. That is what is good about this forum people put the good and the bad here these act both as lessons and encouragement to us.

Have you measured yet? You need to log your measurements, it is one of those things I found difficult to think about and I did it part way through.

Places to measure:

Neck (this may sound strange but we store visceral fat there)
    Bust or chest
    Waist
    Tummy (usually the widest part and a real indicator of visceral fat which is the most unhealthy)
    Thighs
    Calfs
    Upper Arms

You will often have an inch loss in all of these places, some bigger than others, tummy is the hardest to shift according to a few people, I have lost some but I agree with that. I am going to have to result to the gym to budge tummy fat, my health trainer say exercise is the way to lose fat around the waist and tummy. I go to a health trainer on the NHS, he will advise me on diet (if I need it) and also weigh me and measure my waist. He knows I am doing 5:2 he doesn’t really approve but he can see that it works for me. He is pleased with my loss,

Health trainers maybe available where you are as well. I made my appointments about every six weeks. He thought that this was too long in between. As I only had about 10 visits in total this was fine for me. I am due for my last one shortly some of the visits worked out over six weeks as I had holidays and then there was Christmas also he had a holiday and I didn’t want to see anybody else. The last two are follow ups and meant to be three months apart. So that takes me up to about 16 months in total. I will rejoin him agin for one more time as I would like to get into a healthy weight range. It should be available through your doctor. Here an initial Gym membership is I am just going to ask for one and the same with swimming – not for me yet although maybe later!!

I am determined to get into a healthy range although now I will be thrilled to just get into an overweight range of BMI. I have come from morbidly obese to severely obese (I know that doesn’t sound great!) I am now heading for just obese…..doesn’t sound much better but overweight sounds better. To be told by people I am just overweight well that will be great. 🙂

So small steps, set youtrself half a stone targets that way you are never far off of achieving one. Set interim targets and these will probably be down into the next stone and then maybe changing BMI range. I know when I reach The obese range I know longer qualify for gastric surgery. I have never even considered this or wanted it. I have qualified but why would I want to deprive myself for the rest of my life. For some people it should be an option but I think that other methods should be used first.

Nearly forgot Olive oil, well I would have it with food or salad but not just in spoonfuls. That sounds a bit strange. I also wouldn’t have it on fast days as I feel calories tight adding a bit of anything particularly oil can ramp up calories. So not for me. I normally use butter to cog an egg, only or steak with, only a little but natural fats are good for us, trans fats are definetly not. I think it is most things in moderation.

Hi Celthic, Karen, Lynda and any one else currently on here. Those people who were on the thread a while ago why don’t you check in and say hello, let’s see how you are doing now. Those of you looking in and thinking about giving it a go join us and we can help you. Reading is good but doing is better.

Good fast days to all fasting. I am Mon, Weds and Fri this week. Also will start exercising gradually again. I made a promise to someone to no choice in the matter. I know that it will stop me craving carbs which has started again.

I’ll report progress.

Ginette

Hi all

Well done Hemmy on your fantastic loss! As Ginette says, a great motivator.

FD for me today – going fine 🙂 and the day is almost done. Keep going fellow fasters!!

Karen
    Xx

Hi Karen

Yes I always do Monday and Weds as well. If I do 4:3 as I am at the moment I do Friday as well.

I found myself gravitating towards all the wrong foods again and as the weather is a bit cooler I started back on the Wii exercise again, I wanted to just do 15 minutes but as it got to 18.59 I had do do another just to get it to the 20 minute mark.

I find that exercise is good to cut my sweet tooth, not sure why but it always happens like this. So until weather gets much hotter again I shall keep at it. Hot weather and high blood pressure don’t go together so i know that I would be too hot to exercise. At the moment it is ok.

Did anybody see food unwrapped about Konjac noodles, this was really fascinating. See if you can get it on catchup as it is a real eye opener.

Have a good week all.

Ginette

Hi Everyone,
    I’ve just stumbled across this forum so thought I’d say hello.
    I’m Debbie and live near Halifax in West Yorkshire, I’m nearly 54 and 5 foot 3inch so would like to get down to about 10.7.
    I started on Fast Diet at the beginning of June weighing in at 13 stone 1lb, I normally do 5:2 but occasionally will do 4:3 if I’ve got something coming up or had a bit of a blow out.
    This morning when I got on the scales I was 12:0 so have lost 15lb so far in about 9 weeks so am really pleased with the loss.
    It’s great to find a forum for Brits.
    Keep up the good work everyone.
    Debbie

Hi Debbie

Nice to see that you have found this thread. I know you from others. That is a really good loss and you will feel really good when you drop into the next stone which will be very soon.

I’ve just been looking at Heck Chicken Italia sausages 2 for 72 calories so 4 for 144 calories. They have good reviews from lots of places. I know that they contain chicken and mozzarella and obviously herbs. They sell in Asda, Tescos and soon to be selling in Waitrose. These are the lowest calories of all of them so don’t be fooled by the rest. They always have good meat content and are low carb.

They may be worth a try, has anybody had them?

Ginette

Good evening every one. x

Thank you Ginette and Karen for your very kind words of encouragement.

It was my first fast day of the week today. Decided a change of days this week.

I was really pleased this morning after a non fast day yesterday to have weighed the same. Still the 4lb loss. Lol

Today had a breakfast style lunch at 1pm .. bacon eggs tomatoes and mushrooms. I found last week that seemed to fill me more for longer than a ready cal counted meal and veg or salad.

I am pushing it tonight with 2 sherry glasses of wine … hoping for a loss of 3lbs this week but will be happy with 1-2.

Just love this way of life. I haven’t told anyone other than my Daughter and Mum … so there is no pressure. Doing my fast days works well with being social… not that I go very far at the moment… Just starting to come alive again after the loss of my soul mate 3 years ago.

I started at 12st 1lb I am 5ft 4ins so would like very much to lose 2 stone.

Hope all you lovely folk are having a good day. x

Does anyone know of any Intermittent Fasting Support groups in London?

I would really like to join/ start a support group based in London.

Hi Hemmy

Good idea, don’t tell them and see who notices your weight loss. I found that people either looked at me as if I had lost the plot, gave me a sympathetic not another fad diet look or said it is worth a try. The worth a try group were the smallest, I think everyone apart from one person and this includes myself didn’t think it would work or that it would last.

I am now converted!!

If people have the proof in your shrinking size they will believe. The person who believed it would work, my son. He is really thrilled that I have stuck to it and still continue to lose weight.

I have found that sometimes you can tell people and they will listen and believe, but really the best proof is yourself, that is the one thing that people can’t argue with. Of course when we get nearer our goals I still think we need to prove it to ourselves that we won’t fall back into old ways.

Alia

I am sorry I don’t know of any. It would be a nice thing for a group of people to meet and do this, but until this happens the forum is there. It is quite a nice community here and of course it is free. We can save all of the money we would have spent to buy those smaller clothes.

Ginette

Good evening all. x

Woke up to another 1lb loss. – 5lbs at the moment. ( all could change} I know. lol

Really thrilled… oh 5lbs sounds sooo much better than 4.

This morning before taking my springer over the fields I walked around the house carrying 2 2lbs bags of sugar with a 1lb old weight on top. I felt how that would feel to have carried that around the fields. So funny but actually it felt quite heavy. lol

Today was a NF day. Toast and fruit for breakfast … 2 egg salad for lunch and after I that I felt so full. Only had cheese and fruit for dinner. I think my stomach must have shrunk… I must make smaller portions now. Lots of fresh lemon water … tea… 2 small glasses of wine.

Tomorrow a F day and could be awkward as I take my 88 yr old mother shopping and we call at the bakery for coffee and cake.

Wishing all a good fast or non fast day tomorrow. x

Hi Hemmy

Well done on your loss. I laughed at the idea of you walking around the hose with all of that. What will you do when you get to 1 stone?

Good luck for tomorrow, you can always move it to Friday. It must be lovely to enjoy time with your Mum. I miss mine.

For me it’s non fast day and then fast day again Friday. Are you logging your weight? You need to do it once a week.

Have a nice day tomorrow.

Ginette

Hemmy, that is a great tip, to carry the lost weight around as sugar bags, to get a feel of the actual loss. Thanks for that.

I agree with you and Ginette, it is better to not let too many people know and let them see the results. I mentioned it at work today and I got some very strange looks, so I am going to keep quiet from now on.

Is anyone having PLJ? There is a new one with Lime juice instead of lemon juice (it’s got 99.8% lime juice). I just had it diluted with water and Ice. best to have it through a straw so that the acid does not erode tooth enamel.

Good evening all x

Thank you so much Ginette and Alia for your encouragement.

Yes, Ginette I am so lucky to have my Mum fit and well. She is very good for 88 walks to the shops nearly everyday.

What a good idea about the straw Alia. I was getting a bit worried about the lemon as I am sure my dentist told me years ago that it was lemon juice to worry about more than red wine on the teeth.

Had a good start today. Kept the 5lbs loss. Had a sausage roll and a cake for my one meal while shopping at 1pm. Feel hungry tonight and my daughter is on a late shift so will wait up till 11pm for her so just sipping my second glass of wine and trying to forget food. Lol

Ginette … I am keeping a daily food and events plus weight diary.. so can refer to it later.

Hope everyone has had a good day and best of luck with anyone doing a Fast day tomorrow x

Morning all
    Lost 1/2 a pound this week bringing me to a 2st weight loss very happy to reach another stage on the 5.2 eating plan.
    Fast day for me today as doing a 4.3 this week to shift what I ate last weekend.
    Happy fasting and non fast days people.
    Lynda x

Hi Alia

Yes I got some funny looks as well, people are strange but I have a few converts now. No I have never tried PLJ. I know people say that the best think we can have to start the day is a glass of water with lemon, I find this a bit too sour.

Hi Hemmy

That weight loss keeps going up. Keep it up.

Hi Lynda

Well done on getting to your 2 stone loss.

Well I have tried the Heck Chicken Itala sausages tonight as part of a fast day meal. They don’t taste like chicken but they are really nice I also can’t taste the mozzarella. They were very meaty and filling although maybe I should have had 4. They are 36 calories each and well worth the price. Tomorrow I shall have the same meal again I enjoyed it so much. So I would give it a 5 star rating.

Have a nice weekend all.

Ginette

Good morning all. x

Well, I am sorry to say I have not been good. Yesterday was a very bad day and this morning stepping on the scales I have put my one pound loss back on.

I have till Monday to get back on track when I weigh for the week.

I just knew it wasn’t going to be a good day yesterday from the start. I felt tired to start with after a long day shop on Thursday then my daughter coming in extra late from work…. never got to bed till at 1am. I had far too much wine while waiting. Wine is my downfall and I had cut it right out to start with last week and hadn’t honestly missed it.

I then decided to have the sherry glasses … having two. I will cut it out completely again as it is too tempting at the moment while still new to this way of eating.

Funny though I still feel very in control this morning. I am still 4lbs lighter than when I started last week. Very pleased about that and know that by sticking to the rules it can be done no excuses. lol

Anyway today I am back on track … a fast day and messing. Lol Going to clean clean clean… and faithful eggs the order of the day for my meal.

Glad you like the sausages Ginette.. something new and tasty to add to your menus.

Hope you are having a successful time with the 4 3. this week. x

Well done Lynda a 2st land mark… wonderful news. Good luck with the rest of the week. x

Have a great day all. The sun is shining ..no wet dog and towels for me today.lol Just a mindful fast day… I can do this. x

Viewing 50 posts - 851 through 900 (of 35,312 total)

You must be logged in to reply.