Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,828 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hemmy 4 hours, 9 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 8,101 through 8,150 (of 35,313 total)

• Apologies Sarah, hi how are you? I hope you have a lovely time this weekend and your menu sounds yummy 😋 😊😊💗💗🤗🤗xxx

Hi all

Back from hospital went longer than expected… ended up having a pain killing injection in spine! Back in 2 months for more treatment….😷😷🤕🤒

Audrey

Hi everyone. Thank you all for the lovely welcome. Fasting for two days seems quite daunting, so it’s great to know there are others all doing the same.

I have managed to keep to just within the 500 calories. I skipped breakfast and then ate regularly throughout the day weighing and working out portions as I went along. At least now I have some idea of how much (or little) I am allowed to eat!! I am wondering how much I should try and keep below my TDEE calories on non-fasting days. Any advice would be very welcome.

Hope your are feeling OK now Audery. Any back pain is bad and a long hospital visit doesn’t help.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. Liz (looking forward to breakfast)

Audrey
    Sorry your having back problems. I hope the injection works for you.

I’ve had them in my knee with great pain relief. I now need one in my hip for Bursitis which very painful. I’ve been putting it off bit now I can hardly lift my leg to get into the car.

Liz
    Glad your FD went well. I’ve had my third today. Don’t normally do three but I’ve been on a plateau recently and I thought it might kick-start thing again.
    I’m also looking forward to a bacon sandwich. 😁.

Off to bed.

Morning all

I have got my beef in the slow cooker ready for lunch tomorrow with my 2 little girls… Charlotte is a very fussy eater , but last time she came we had slow cooked beef with vegetables, (all separate on her plate not touching with her gravy in a separate pot!)…and she tipped the gravy over everything and asked for more meat… my heart sang! Such praise never been done before anywhere…

Let’s hope she approves tomorrow…. we have got hot chocolate fudge cake with squirted cream for pudding! Thank goodness for non fast days!

Hope everyone has a good weekend, I have been up half the night back us still very sore!

Talk soon

Audrey ❤❤

Morning all

Hi Louise, great thanks, hope you are too. I am sure v busy as always x

Audrey that sounds a stressful experience, hope you get good relief from it. I laughed at little Charlotte and her beef. It is lovely to feed our grandchildren well. I am sure that is why many of us put on on weight, it is sometimes that lovely act of preparing and sharing food, the social caring aspects of that, rather than just because we mindlessly eat too much. Although that bit was true for me too. LOL

Hi Liz, well done on your first fast. It gets easier in time and becomes a part of life. Just eat up to your TDEE the other days. Some people calculate their goal weight TDEE and eat up to that which is a bit less depending on how much you have to lose. There are a few little tweaks you can make but I think best just to do the basics until you get used to it. Most people find the non fast days the most challenging and the real trick is to be restrained on those.

I had a lovely evening, too much wine, followed by cognac and a late night, not in bed until 1.30! I can’t stand the pace these days. 10pm is more my style now LOL

It is a sunny day here and we will go for a long (gulp) walk and then home for Avocado then Salmon and roasted veggies, cheese and fruit etc. Trying to be careful, must drink less wine tonight and really need to avoid cake at the inevitable tea stop. They had brought chocolates and they are now OPEN….my heart sank…not had one yet. Hoping to totally resist them!

Have a lovely Saturday everyone xx

Morning All,

A busy day for us…we are doing the Xmas run and a birthday visit to Steve’s daughter in Manchester, and out for lunch, cemetery and visit to his sister….. So will be gone most of the day.

Audrey …sorry you are sore they seem not to be helping you a lot at the moment…hope when it settles down after the injection it helps this time.😬😬

Have a lovely day tomorrow all sorted by the sound of it….my grandchildren who live near me, one eats everything the other the 17 year old is a nightmare with food…asked for fish and chips for Xmas dinner! He will be having his own chicken piece with chips…..Grandad cooking chips in the garage for him ( fish fryer ..I won’t have it in the house!) chocolate log sounds yummy…enjoy it..😀

Liz..
    Glad your fast day went well..it does get easier…honest..😀

Carol..
    Three fast days that’s good going hope the plateau moves….it did for Steve at last.

Shopping with step daughter today….you know how much I hate shopping…it’s Xmas…and it’s a Saturday!! 😬😬😩😩😩😩😱😱😱😱

Have a good weekend

Jean x

Ps forgot to comment on our NIN beach! 57.5 pebbles is sooo good. Although I didn’t lose this week, I am really happy with NIN overall. December is going be tricky and I think several off us will be pleased to lose a pound or two or just maintain but maybe we should think of new focus for us over January. Go us!

I now have to get through breakfast, I haven’t been having it but now have got some really nice marmalade…

Jean, LOL, family life eh! Hope it’s not too manic out there x

Morning all
    NFD for me but I’m finding I don’t want to eat much but couldn’t resist the bacon sandwich this morning 😁
    My OH isn’t very happy with my 3 rd FD. He says I’m going over the top. He says I look different and I think it’s bothering him. 😁😁😁 He told me this while he was tucking into a large bar of mint aero. That just makes me want to lose more

Audrey
    I find cortisone injections can take up to 10 days to get full relief. But it’s worth it in my experience. They’ve offered my daughter one but she won’t have it so lives in constant pain.

Sarah57
    I’m up for a push in January but can’t think of anything catchy to call it. Any idea’s

Off to put a mirror up at my daughter’s.
    Have a good day all.

Hi All,

All quiet on here today…

We have had a good day, usually quite challenging ( Audrey understands)…everybody was in a good mood, welcoming and accommodating…families!

Did a few jobs around the house for her, putting pictures up, repairing a light. We had a lovely lunch out, wine and pudding…but so so stuffed if this is what we are going to expect from Christmas it is putting me off!

Sarah..
    I would like to move 2 lbs before Christmas but it could be challenging. We are going out again with friends on Thursday before they go away for Christmas. So it will mean a Monday and Wednesday fast days with a early Thursday weigh in..😬😬

I think you are right we will all want a focus for January….no idea on the name!!

Carol..
    I do like the idea of you annoying your OH…..you must be winning…😂😂 go girl go….

Jean x

Evening Everyone,

Just sat down 😊. Spent a lovely day with my mum, dad and my youngest son 😊. Eldest at school. We went Xmas shopping and bought Christmas decorations (and some clothes…couldn’t resist). I made lunch and sent them home before it got dark with full tummies. Love spending time with my family 😊😊🤗💗.

I’ve decorated my lounge n hall. Just two more rooms to do lol 😂. Looking forward to hubbie coming home next week. He’s then off work till the new year….can’t wait 😁😁.

So, it’s been a gud NFD under TDEE and going for a water FD tomorrow ready for weigh in on Monday. These weekends go so fast….am I just getting older…I can remember when December dragged just waiting for Santa 🎅🏻. Glad everyone’s having a nice weekend too. Who’s joining me on a FD tomorrow? I’m def up for a weight focused January 😊. December is gonna b an interesting month for introducing old foods back. So my weight is def gonna fluctuate until I get a good understanding of what works FD and NFD 😊.

I’m watching Groundhog Day…..goodness takes me back lol.

Anyway nite nite everyone. Will speak in the morning Louise 😊😊💗💗🤗🤗xxx

To much to eat today but will have a light day tomorrow. I’ll be cooking for 12 people so by the time I serve the food my appetite has gone. Never enjoy Sunday dinner. FD Monday then weigh in on Tuesday. I hope I can get into the next stone range. Only need 2 lbs off.

I’m also up for a weight focused January but I can’t think of a name either. Any ideas anyone.

Louise..
    Your day sounded lovely…and hubby headed back to you all..he went to India I think, we love India …if we could have one holiday before we die…it would be back to India 💕💕💕

Carol..
    Always cooking for your Sunday family meals, special times. You do really well. Enjoy the get together..

I am panicking for 6 on Christmas Day….I know I will be OK, you just get out of the habit …lol

I am thinking of a low Sunday or fast….let you know when I get started…..😇..still feeling full after today..

Night night

Jean x

Hi everyone. Thanks for the congratulations on my first fast day.

Sarah. Thanks for the info on TDEE. I have managed to keep within my limit today and have spent most of the evening getting to grips with a calorie counting app which I am hoping will help keep me on track and save time. Well done on 3 fast days. I think Tuesday will be my next one. I thought I would dread it but I don’t, so hopefully that’s a good sign 😀

Morning all

Lizzy a lot if us use my fitness pal app… it’s pretty easy, I can use it which says a lot.

Got the girls after church today for Sunday lunch, the meat was slow cooked yesterday do its falling apart just how they like it…

Will be back tomorrow think I will very too tired after they go plus my back us pretty bad… pain killer worn off now… they couldn’t give me cortisone as I react very badly to its…so just local anaesthetic….

Have a good Sunday everyone 😀😀

Audrey

hullo all … my name is Anne …. I live in Cambridge. I am 60 next year & have struggled to keep my weight in control for the past 14! years since my marriage of 20 years came to an end.
    I am registered disabled (multiple sclerosis) but work full time.

I am attempting the 5/2 diet … I am fine with having the oatmeal breakfast, no lunch but I think my evening meals have too many calories despite no longer having that end of day g&t when I get in from work.

I have been reading your posts & you seem so REAL to me! 🙂

Morning All,

Going in the other Xmas direction today, my sister, pass pressies and cemetery ….that’s the worse when everybody is in different directions but that’s life these days….all busy bees.

Thinking off a FD today, don’t know if Steve’s joining me, he might go low….lot of food eaten yesterday…just to balance ‘Xmas’ out……fasting as usual Monday.

Audrey…sorry to hear your backs still not good and you have all your visitors arriving…take it steady… I love yummy fall off the bone type of cooking, nice and slow..😀..these rare chefs are not for me!

Liz..you look as if you understand what you are doing….MFP app…I use for counting my calories, it’s easy and you can put your own food recipes in as well…..I try to keep to 1200/1300 calories on NFDs, it depends how much you have to loose.

Carol..enjoy your dinner with your family today…..a nice get together.

Louise…some new clothes bought…show off the new you ..😀😀😀😀.

Hope everyone else is OK, busy time for everyone.

Jean x

Morning all

Audrey so sorry you are having so much pain. I really hope it subsides and you can enjoy your day with the girls.

Louise, great you are treating yourself to some clothes for the slimmer you. Good on you!

Carol, here’s to us all ‘going over the top’. He needs to go over the top himself…

Jean, hope you have a relaxing day today.

Ok so yesterday was a complete disaster starting with breakfast! a long walk of about 8 miles was the longest I have done for a while, cold but sunny and beautiful. I dare not think of the calories I ate though. I was eating as I used to, bread when I could and should have avoided it etc. Luckily friends leaving this morning after breakfast! Need to get back on track through the week.

Have a good day all x

Jean, our posts crossed. Clearly not a relaxing day for you but hope we both have a lowish day. Absolutely no alcohol for me today that’s for sure!

Morning all – sounds like everyone has been having lovely weekends. Louise – especially liked that you ended the day with Groundhog Day…I love that film, especially because every time he woke up, I got to see the patchwork quilt on his bed again…really inspired me to get back in to patchworking!

I managed to make bacon rolls for everyone and not have one myself (I know what you mean, Carol, about cooking for everyone else sometimes taking the edge off your own need for food!), and the craft group made some amazing Christmas cards. Altogether, a lovely morning of community activity. I ate enough (and a little more) but not too much.

I’m not going to have a FD today, as I plan to do Mon, Wed, Fri this week, so I’ve had a high protein breakfast (OH made one of his killer chorizo omelettes!), and will have a busy day that should keep me from snacking (my worst habit on a NFD).

The good news is, at weigh in this morning, I’ve lost a pound! Yippee!! At last some result from all my AFDs.

Must remember to go on the tracker and record it…I love lines that go down, even if the slope is so gentle you wouldn’t be able to free wheel it on a bike!

Mx

Hi Anne welcome to our group..

You are welcome to join us there is a lot of help and advice here, just shout if you need some.

Minols congrats on your 1lb no happy dance though back is sore will clap instead if that’s OK…

Off now to preboil spuds for lunch…

Audrey x

Terrible night sleep. Feeling awful. No motivation to do anything but with 12 for dinner, I don’t have a choice.
    Beam me up Scotty. 😲😲😲

Audrey
    Hope your pain eases for you soon. It’s a terrible pain to have.
    Eckama
    Well come to our group. Lots of support here. We’re a similar age so I know how hard it can be when your older. No matter, just stay with us and you do fine.

Off to peel the spuds.

Afternoon All..

A bit of a mutiny in the camp here…horrified I dare suggest a FD today…lol..lol…MONDAY is our FD! Looks like a roast chicken dinner for us so no low day today or even FD!

Steve has Christmas bubbling …I will have to put him off as best as I can…men…he he.. we usually start December the 1st!!

Minols…glad the pound is on the move today…well done..

Anne..welcome to our group we are a friendly lot…lots of ups and downs between us but we are all getting there…a challenging month with Xmas approaching.

Louise…is all the house decorated for hubby coming home….

Carol…hope your day improves and you feel better. 💕

Vi..you OK? Hope you are pain free..💕

Off to clear the caravan of all its stuff before its yearly service …a nightmare….hate doing it…

Jean

Hi All,

Just had a lovely Sunday meal…and half a bottle of merlot wine between us.

First drink in the house for 7 weeks, so we have done really well…..I just felt the need and it really hit the spot.

Seeing my sister this morning was a bit challenging….she was a bit huffy…we stayed only 25 mins as she was off food shopping! ( she knew we were calling)..I expected this as she has seen her bum for 2 years and is very bitter with life in general, I feel sorry for her as she is jealous with life as a whole and widowed…..I can’t help being happy and with grandchildren when she doesn’t have either…I ring her regularly but I could so easily walk away from her…I just don’t want this…..families…..if it’s not one it’s another fortunately it’s usually one at a time!!

Sorry moan over…my turn…lol

NFD today…FD tomorrow for us tomorrow.

Jean x

Jean enjoy your wine it sounds like you have needed and have earned it… families eh….sending virtual hugs your way…

Audrey

Evening all and a warm welcome Anne – sorry missed your earlier post

Ok so weekend a complete and utter disaster! Remind me not have friends to stay again, though I can’t blames them it was all me. I just hope I didn’t do too much damage. I have 5 days to right the wrongs!

Minols, well done. Great news!

Jean, what a challenging day and after 7 weeks of near total abstinence, you both deserved and needed that little merlot hit.

Roll on Monday. Can’t even fast though as have a Christmas dinner function tomorrow evening. However, I will not be eating until then and will roll into a LF on Tuesday. Christmas – boo! X

Dinner over and everyone’s gone home. Done part of the washing up and put the kids toys away. With 5 grandchildren from 4 months to 13 yrs it gets quite lively. Done half of the washing up, can’t face the rest at the moment.
    As expected I ate very little so nor a bad day good wise. It’s a FD for me tomorrow and I’m looking forward to it. It’s strange how I now actually look forward to fasting.

Well feet up for a bit.

Evening all
    Welcome liz and Anne

Audrey hope your back is improving

Everyone sounds like they are having a busy weekend

I had my usual shopping with my mum on Saturday and me and Graeme (oh) had Rhiannon’s (daughter) final performance of her panto, it was good, but we always end up sitting next to the people who constantly chat through things, I find it really rude!!!!

Today I would normally be fasting but I didn’t today, so definitely will be tomorrow,

Spent a quiet afternoon doing washing and wrote out my Christmas cards, and Graeme has only just gone and booked a Spanish holiday for Oct next year, now there’s an incentive to get stuck in.

C u all tomorrow hopefully.

Tammy x

Evening lovelies 😊😊💗💗,

Welcome Anne to our lovely group. Lots of knowledge and support here. Just shout if you need to know anything 😊😊.

Goodness u have all been busy this weekend. I’ve read all your lovely replies 😊😊.

Casp, glad today went well on the Sunday lunch front. Still thinking of a catchy frase for our January weight focus lol.

Hi Jean, India is a place I would love to go to as well. Iain had a week and a half there and has been in Hong Kong for the rest. So excited for his return😁😁. All Xmas decorations are up 🎄 feels like santas grotto lol. Just ordered another garland for my stairs and just gotta get another Xmas tree n the house is complete 🎅🏻😊😊. Wasn’t gonna buy any new clothes till after new year, but my clothes r big and I haven’t been this excited about clothes shopping in a very long time (can I say I have bought size 8’s!!!!! Can’t believe it, its just crazy lol. Feel really healthy and gud about myself….non stop happy smiley person 😁😁😁. Your Sunday sounds lovely, my fav tipple merlot 🍷. Big hugs families can b testing at times 😕.

Well done liz, first fast of many 😊😊. My tip is drink plenty of water 😊

Hi Audrey, lunch sounded melty. Sorry to hear you are in pain with your back. Nothing worse than being in pain. Glad you had a nice day with your visitors. 😊😊💗

Hi Sarah, thank u. It’s been a nice experience, it has been such a stressful thing to do in the past. But it’s now fun again 😊😊💗. Sorry to hear about your food nitemare. At least it has only been over a very short period of time. So not much damage has been done. But most importantly it’s nice just to relax in good company with friends and have a nice time 😊😊💗.

Hi minols, well done on your 1lb loss…fab fab fab 😊😊. mmmmmm bacon sandwiches….I can smell them lol. Well done on keeping strong 😊.

Hi casp, you luck thing a lovely holiday to look forward too u lucky thing. Def a good incentive to get sunshine ☀️ ready 😊😊💗.

Hi vi, hope you are well. Sending hugs 🤗 xx

Well it’s been a water FD today. Pre warned the kids as at certain times through the day I can get slightly irritable and it’s not their fault at all…poor lovelies. Anyway 3.5litres of water so far and I feel good 😊. Just love the free non food feeling lol.

So the party season begins for me this Saturday 😊. So I’m fasting 3 x this week to undo the damage lovely lovely food will do lol. Not drinking as driving as have an Xmas fayre I really want to go to on the Sunday 🎄🎅🏻. This means I’m fasting for two days on the trot FD this Monday. But hey ho, work should keep me busy lol. Weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed as might cross over into the next stone 💎.

Just watched the polar express, a lovely Xmas film….

Apologies if I have missed anyone. Happy fasting non fasting tomorrow 😊😊💗

Have a nice evening Everyone and I’ll speak to you tomorrow. Nite nite 😊😊💗💗🤗xxxx

Morning all.

So I’ve had a quick scan through, and I reckon today’s fasters are: Jean and Steve, Tammy, Louise, Carol and me? A few of us are doing AFDs or back to backs, I think…so we’re going into the week with determined faces on! Vi – you’re a bit quiet at the moment, but you know you’re not forgotten, I just imagine the pain might be ‘bothering’ you a bit (sorry – suspect that’s understatement). Also suspect that you may have a determined face on and starting another block of fasting behind the scenes…going to assume that, and keep you in the ‘we can do this together’ group of fasters I think about today.

And Kay – how was the wedding? Fabulous, I hope. Are you back today and straight into fasting, or having a longer break – I can’t remember?

Have I missed any other determined faces? Anyone else getting some fasting done early in December to prepare for what is to come?

Have a good day everyone.

Mx

PS Audrey – has the injection kicked in? How’s your back this morning?

Back still very bad but I am fasting today… Sunday lunch and hot chocolate fudge cake has done some damage….

Back later

Have a good day everyone

Audrey

Morning All,

What a frosty morning here today..

Still feeling chewed up from yesterday but there’s not much to do about it…😬.. she won’t talk or listen..😬

Hospital appointment at the hospital for Steve only a scan, just checking..keeping an eye on him, this afternoon…so a lazy doing jobs around the house sort of day.

We are joining the crowd for fasting today….Steve wouldn’t move yesterday..he only does two FD’s ….he is faltering a bit his Xmas head is starting to appear, he’s ok today..😀

Audrey..hoping you start to feel better a busy time starting…you sound as the dinner went well and chocolate fudge cake.

Louise…a SIZE 8 amazing..fab..fab..fab..Iain will be so pleased to see you and your new clothes…I think it’s wonderful when the old clothes are moved on and you move to the proper size…everybody really starts to notice..😀

Sarah..you have had a lovely weekend..enjoy..line drawn..another dinner for you tonight…we are all going to have to try and maintain the best we can this month…loose if we can.

We are out for another lunch with friends on Thursday so we will fast again Wednesday …I hate changing our days, weigh in Thursday morning this week 😬

Carol..hope the washing up is finished….about time you got all hands on deck before they disappear, it would be done in a tick.

Tammy….a holiday to look forward to…get some nice early deals. Glad the panto went well and you have got some of your Xmas jobs done.

Kay..hope you had a lovely family weekend and the wedding went well…and the was bride beautiful..😀

Minols..determined faces!! I think there are a lot of us about..a bit of a group fast today…all pulling back a lot..😂

Vi…keep your chin up…we are all thinking about you come back when you feel up to it.

Celtic, Ginette, are you coming and joining in yet?

Liz and Anne keep checking in..it helps…come and get to know us…we all want support this month…before the New Year gets us back on track again…you newbies could loose 6/7 lbs before Xmas 😀😀

Have a good day

Jean x

Hi all

Have had a lovely weekend. Sad it’s all over but I have to now focus on finding a house and packing.

Now off to call in at Neils dad’s and then a couple of stops on the way home.

Some nice food over the weekend but also some rubbish and lots of alcohol. But no matter, I’m ok with that as it was a combined Christmas meet too.

Normal day today and then back to it tomorrow with the usual fluid FD. Might take a sneaky look at the scales in the morning!!! Well I do it daily anyway!

Felt good in my outfit so the hard work paid off so I reckon my December focus is to at least maintain, be a little more relaxed and then attack January…shall we have something similar to NIN?
    Just remembered that we will be moving in mid January so that will cause me an issue with being frantic and stressed! Oh well I will work round it.

I have read lots of your posts but will catch up properly when I’m home.

Have a good day all, especially if you are fasting 🙂

Kay

Morning lovelies 😊💗💗,

Bbbrrrrrr 😱😱 -2.5 here this morning on the school run…chilly chilly. But beautiful, love ❤️ the frost on the trees 😊😊.

So weigh in lost 1.5lbs am now a shy away from the 9 stones 😊😊. Fingers crossed for next week, but I’m not sure I’m gonna make that now this side of Xmas. Def on the trying to maintain front and working around meals out and putting FDs in to counter act lovely Xmas food. But I’ll keep ploughing on lol. Just 7lbs to go before I get to target 🎯.

Hi Jean, I can easily mull over conservations that I’ve had 😕. I try hard not to now as it doesn’t change anything that’s been said and for me i find it a has a negative impact on the way I feel. And to be honest as u get a bit older u find life is way to short to be mulling things over lol. Big hugs n love ❤️ . Hope steves scan goes ok and it’s nice to be looked after 😊😊. I know a size 8 it’s crazy 😜. My hubbie will av a surprise when he comes home both weight and wallet/purse loss lol 😂. I have 6 bags of clothes to take to charity this week, I’ve had a really good clear out. Have made an executive decision that I’m not keeping any just in case I put weight on clothes like I normally do. They av all gone this time 😊😊. I love lunching you lucky things. I’m planning on taking my hubbie out a few times for meals when he gets back, just looking for my hollow legs 👀Xx

Kay, how did the wedding go? I’m sure you all had a fantastic day. Love a good wedding. All my friends are married now. So gotta bide my time for sons….not sure they will though. Very different for this generation I think. It’s a lot of expense especially when it’s hard just to get on the property ladder. Anyway, enough about that. Fill us in the day as soon as possible 😊😊💗xx

Hi minols, I’m glad to be joining such a big group on a FD. I have a determined face 😬 (that’s my determined face lol) have had 132 calories already as was starving when I got back from the gym. Keeping it light all day now. Good luck 😊😊💗x

Hi vi, u r always in my thoughts. Hope to speak soon 😊😊💗xx

Hi liz and Anne, hope it’s going well and Jean is right u cld loose that amount of weight before Xmas. How fab wld that be? 😊😊x

Hi Sarah, hope you are well? 😊😊💗💗xx

Have a lovely day today everyone. I’m popping into work soon. So I’ll speak to u all this evening.

Louise 😊😊💗💗🤗🤗xxx

Finished the washing up this morning and had to boil kettles for hot water. Our gas is off. No heating or hot water. We had no warning and no heaters as the gas board promised up. Will be off all day. ❄❄

Jean
    I’m sorry about your relationship with your sister but sometimes there’s nothing you can do. I no longer have contact with my mother or one of my brothers. It was very upsetting and nasty and affected me psychologically to the point that I had to cut ties for my own wellbeing. I don’t expect to see them again and from what I hear they have no remorse for their behaviour so that’s it really.
    Kay
    I do hope you find a house soon. Must be so stressful for you. Good luck with your search.

FD today, I hope all you b
    other fasters have a good one.
    Everyone else, enjoy your NFD but not to much 😁

Have been and paid deposit for new kitchen… got surveyor coming sometime this next week….

Very exciting never had a new kitchen before hope I have chosen well…

Fast day for me, tummy upset doesn’t like cake anymore xxx lol 😔…

Back later good luck to all, keep in touch together we are stronger

Audrey

Carol…

You poor person not having any heat on this weather, it’s so cold…hope they can get you back on soon.

Re sister, I have invited her up, to stay or the day the next few weeks saying we are in for the next month ( not away in the caravan).. she says she’s bored, fed up and not seeing anyone, when you ask her to come she doesn’t know what’s she’s doing??…always waiting for a better offer!

In the past we always take her out for lunch, or I cook nice meals, puddings, wine, treats in, cakes made. My daughter paid for her to see her in Dubai as a surprise…we bend over backwards as she is on her own and it can’t be nice, she is over you like a rash or huffy and distant …it’s a two year about thing had it all my life…she is pushing me this time..😬

Louise..
    Well done on your loss…7 lbs to goal fab fab fab..really pleased for you. Tell us what Iain says when he gets back..💕💕💕

Kay..
    Hope the hunting for a house goes well and you find something nice and what fits in with your dogs.

Jean x

Hey Guys

Still ill, have now missed 2 FD’s. Might miss this whole week. Oh well, I keep saying. Vi, let it go. Vi, forgive yourself

So, yesterday was family day. My aunt had cooked lovely food. No less than two pies. Don’t worry, I only had one tiny piece. It was excellent. Actually it was a Dutch Holiday. “Sinterklaas” which isn’t the same thing as Santa Claus, even though it sort of sounds the same. It’s a children’s holiday, but we decided to celebrate anyway. You put all the names together, then you draw one, buy a tiny gift, and write a quirky poem. I drew my mom, so I got to write something personal. Always nice

My dad keeps telling me that I can stop at any time, that’s slightly ironic because of the fit he pulled when I said I wanted to stop for a week between Christmas and New Years

How is: Just do it January, to borrow one for Nike 😛

Audrey… so sorry to hear about your back. Hope you feel better soon

Minols, I really used to like advent. A cocolate every day. What could be better, right

Kay, I hope the wedding was good =)

Jean, Family is always tricky, my advice; just be as nice as you can be, even if it’s difficult

Carol, they turned off the water main here yesterday, so you’re not alone. Hope things improve

Sarah, at least it sounds like you had a love time!

Louise, I missed thee part about your size 8, but 8 is great! Well done. Any luyck eating more, from what I’ve seen you still don’t get many calories in?

Tammy, sounds like you were busy over the weekend, the good kind of busy

Have a good day everybody
    x

Jean
    It was the same with my mother. We supported my parents financially as she is a spender and had run up lots of debts. Credit cards, shop accounts etc that my dad knew nothing about it and was distraught. We paid off all their debt and to my face she was nice then I found out she had been spreading malicious and nasty lies about me to anyone she knew. It got worse after my dad died. As they lived in South Africa I wasn’t aware of it until during one visit it all came to a head. In the end we had to threaten her with a solicitor. Unfortunately one of my brothers believed her, especially the story about us stealing all her money. He saw the non existent money as his inheritance and won’t speak to me. In the end she was thrown out of her granny bungalow for spreading rumours about her landlord. Not bad for an 80 yr old.

Hope your sister comes to her senses eventually. She’s obviously jealous of you but that’s her problem.

Brrrrrr the house is cold. Going to Morrisons to get warned up.

Carol,

What an awful thing to do to you….hope you get warm soon…

It’s true what they say you can choose your friends but not your family…

Have a good afternoon I am getting hungry now!

Audrey

Hi,

As I was writing before…she text and thanked me for some tiffin I made and gave to her..( stop Steve eating it) told me it was tasty and so nice…I can’t win now I feel guilty..!

Vi might be right smile and continue, she will come around or not! She just upsets me…😀…I can’t change how she is.

Carol..what a nightmare with your mum and brother, it sounds awful…

Didn’t you put your log burner on to warm the house up…..just got back in from hospital it’s so cold outside ❄️❄️❄️❄️..everything is ok in that direction.

Audrey.. I’m getting hungry now..ham and tomato omelette, sprinkle of cheese with a salad garnish for us tonight. Taking the caravan for service tomorrow, a different centre they having it till Friday.

You have your sister in law…I think we were both having words a while since….families! Take it steady with your back..❤️

Vi..sorry you are still not yourself, just fast when you are feeling up to it…

JIJ…just in January! Open to offers we will all be desperate by Decembers out…😀😀

Jean x

Gas back on, heatings warming up slowly. Just had some rice cakes. Trying to keep it really light today.

What about “Junk it January” JIJ, just a thought.

Vi
    Well come back. Sorry you’ve been unwell. Just get back on track when your feeling better.

Weigh in in the morning. Not very hopeful.

Evening all, fd nearly done, think of may have inadvertently gone over 500, but it’s not by much, just a bit annoyed with myself for not counting right, it’s going to be a bad week for calories, I am a warden of a sheltered housing complex and we have our Christmas meal this Thursday, which wouldn’t really be an issue, but Friday is my Birthday and I am going out with friends, so will fast on Wednesday and weigh Thursday, but I won’t hold my breath for a loss, it’s going to be a month of it, I will not weaken (I hope)., hope everyone else’s fasts went well.

Tammy x

Hi all

Had my fast meal, need to be good now. Scales were up this morning….

Stay strong everyone…

What about January jump-start the year? JSY?

Audrey

Carol…glad you are warm again…hope it’s all finished for you…

Tammy…a busy week for you..we are weighing Thursday a day early also..😬😬

Fasting finished now…. enjoyed our omelette ..looked a lot for the calories…

How are all the fasters doing??…nearly done for the day…

Junk it January …

Jump start January …this possibly hits it on the head..we will need a kick up the bum..lol

Jean x

Audrey..I swapped it around without thinking I ment what you said…lol

Hope scales balance out
    X

Evening all

Just a quick check in before braving dinner function (ridiculous on a Monday night…goodness knows what tomorrow’s 12 hour work day will feel like…feeling v sorry for self)

JSJ sounds good to me. Though I need JSD at the moment, I am really not doing well, need to get back in the zone and have a successful fast day tomorrow. Need to talk myself into this again. I feel one weekend has really wrecked the psychology of sticking with it for three months. Hope everyone doing better than me. It would seriously be difficult to be doing worse! 😷🤐😁😱😡😭

Ps please someone give me a good telling off!

What the hell do think you are doing Sarah, three months in and falling flat at the first hurdle..pull yourself together….

Enjoy your self…💕💕💕💕💕

X

Viewing 50 posts - 8,101 through 8,150 (of 35,313 total)

You must be logged in to reply.