Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,906 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 10 hours, 6 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 8,051 through 8,100 (of 35,392 total)

• Hi All,

All our jobs got done today, wood bought and I even got my hair coloured this afternoon a bonus as I hate doing it.

We have come in under 950 calories today so not too bad, finished now and fasting into tomorrow.

I have a small pork joint think I will cook it to go with our salad tomorrow. We are hoping for some weight off for our NIN to finish the challenge. Keeping fingers crossed for Steve for some movement.

Winter starts tomorrow 1st December on the news tonight ….we passed a lot of gritters out on the road another cold night ahead….

Keep warm Carol hope the gas people have finished…

Jean x

Soup finished, very full now. NFD tomorrow, not thinking of any food in particular which is a good thing as not craving anything.

Have a good FD any Thursday fasters.

Hi Jean, forgot to answer you. I’ve put my target weight into the BMI thingy and it comes up as 22. So if I can achieve that I’ll b happy. But I’m not gonna go any lower. Just want the wiggle room ☺️☺️.

Nite nite. Speak tomorrow xxπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’•πŸ’•

Hi all

Had a lovely non fast day… ready for fast tomorrow now…

Just ordered new lights for my Christmas tree. Candle type ones…

In bed now. Will be back tomorrow

Night all

Audrey

Hi all, a late post for me, been a busy day, had a meet up with friends and children earlier, it’s good to have a chat, then I had opening night of our local pantomime (snow white and seven dwarfs) , my daughter is in it for the first time this year, it was really good, then I had to come home and set up her advent calendar, it’s one I have to fill myself, and had to be hung etc, also thought I would do an elf on the shelf this year, think this will be the last one that my daughter still (wants) to believe and I want to make it special, and to top it off its hubby’s birthday tomorrow as well, so have that to sort too, so finally sat down, back to work tomorrow 😒 really can’t be bothered, fd tomorrow, then weigh in Friday, am really worried, but it will be what it will be!!!, have a great day when it comes.
    Tammy x

Morning all

Liquid only FD for me today and final weigh in for NIN tomorrow. Who else is fasting today? Stay strong!

Morning All,

A busy day today…making the gate for daughter…giving ourselves another hour or so to see if temperature lifts a bit…get wrapped up…I am his ‘sou’ chef today his helper…lol

Fast day for us, Audrey, Sarah…with us who else…hoping the cold helps to burn the calories…..lol

Audrey..
    Hope the lights arrive soon they sound different and nice.

Tammy..
    Glad the show went well, have a good birthday day with hubby…

Louise ..
    I will put my weight in and see how it falls in BMI…although I am feeling happy I am about were I want to be. I am older I don’t want to be too wrinkley…lol..we are thinking of swimming in the new year to tone me a bit and Steve needs to strengthen his back and knees.

Speak later in between getting warm…❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Jean x

Louise..

Just checked my BMI, if I go for 3 lb wriggle room I will get to bang on 23.

I have decided when I get there, I shall try and maintain for a while then decide if I want to go a bit lower in the New Year.

I am feeling ok even now so I am not sure.

Jean x

Morning all

Its VERY cold here yoday, light fire already lit lol…

I have got stew and dumpling out the freezer for tonight’s meal, hoping you lose a little for my final weigh in tomorrow… 1lb to hit target fingers crossed…

Jean keep warm out there, Carol hope you have your gas back on…Tammy our 2 girls have an elf he us VERY NAUGHTY logo. Got up to all sorts of mischief last year…

Have a good day all, talk later busy busy busy here

Audrey

Hi All,

Gate made πŸŽ…πŸΌ…having cup of tea, a bit on the cold side taken about 1 1/2 hours a bit quicker than I thought. Waiting for delivery of hinges and bolts etc later.

I am cooking the small pork joint for later with salad, we will have it hot…should be some left for tomorrow.

A lazy day now maybe some reading and relaxing…seem to have been busy of late.

Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow..a pound off would be good..πŸ˜€

Have a good day

Jean x

It’s 12.30

and we are HUNGRY HUNGRY HUNGRY HUNGRY

it’s too early….we were up very early this morning…….

Dinner at 5pm…ohhh

X

NFD today – Kay you can mark me for that pound off again. Not great for NiN, I’m afraid, just the one pound bouncing backwards and forwards, but at least today it’s gone!

Going to go for another FD tomorrow…I think I’m going to do as much AFD as I can in December to counteract the bumps the month always through up (and by ‘bumps’ I mean cake/chocolate/yummy things related events!)

On the basis of NiN, I think if I can hold my own until the New Year, I should be glad…but of course, my secret Christmas wish is that I’ll drop to another number at the start of my weight!

Mx

Minols…

Well done on your pound off…hope it stays away for you, it’s so annoying when it’s coming and going.

I think we will all struggle over the Christmas and New Year period…even with all the good intentions.

Jean X

Well done Minols, better off than on that’s for sure.

Jean, no wonder your hungry with physical work in the freezing cold. Hope daughter delighted with gate.

Kay, hope you are prepared for the weekend wedding.

Feeling a bit hungry and about to have mug of boillon. Counting the hours before bed…

Have a good evening all. Stay strong fasters!

Evening all, I have had a good fast day, bit of a headache though, could be stress!, definitely find my body is getting used to fasting, I didn’t eat tea last night after eating out for lunch and didn’t find myself getting hungry till about 3pm, it doesn’t stop me dreaming about my tea though lol.
    Well done Minols on your 1lb, I am weighing in tomorrow with a few others I think.

My daughter is off to panto, so I need to figure out what our naughty elf will get up to tonight, pintrest here we come.

Hope everyone else has had a good fast or feast day. See you all tomorrow, fingers crossed x

It’s a NFD for me and have had Gluten free macaroni cheese. I didn’t enjoy it and wish I hadn’t had it. Now I don’t like feeling full at all. Think I’ll have another FD tomorrow.

Took my daughter out as she’s very down. Still having various problems from having her baby 4 months ago. Don’t know what the answer is.

Our road and drive is dug up. No parking on the street. Its a mess. Fingers crossed they sort it tomorrow.

Sarah..
    Didn’t think about being in the cold this morning but we were so hungry…we never really are these days.

The gate is a surprise on Christmas Day…to keep the dog in the garden when she moves to her new house in January …they are already panicking in case he gets lost!

Tammy..
    I have never heard of the “elf thing”… what is it all about?..think Audrey was saying about it also. Is it something for my grandchildren?

Carol…
    Sorry your daughter is still not well…did she never go back to the hospital to get sorted. Hope your road soon gets sorted what a lot of mess and noise. You are joining Vi with road noise!

Kay..
    Enjoy your wedding this weekend…hope you have time to count our beach…lol

Feel much better now we have eaten…both hoping for some weight loss tomorrow…fingers crossed for Steve.

Good luck to everybody weighing in tomorrow…

Jean x

Hi Jean, it’s called Elf on the shelf, it’s for the kids, so an elf turns up now in December (just a soft bodied elf doll, with plastic elf head), the elf stays till Christmas day, the elf is there to help santa, and he/she returns to the North Pole every night to report to Santa if you have been good or bad. But it’s also a very mischievous elf and every day when they return, they have moved and probably been up to something silly, which is basically anything we parents/grandparents, can think of, like spilling flour in the kitchen and making it look like the elf has made snow angels in it, or leaving messages on the mirror in the bathroom, with mums lip stick, but you can print off little notes saying the child had been good or bad, or just a note from elf saying they want you to find something they have hidden, it’s endless, if you google it you will get the just if it. X

Tammy..

Thanks for that…I have sent it to America to see if Katie fancies doing it….it sounds like something I would have done…lol

Her tree is now up so the Elf could arrive…..

Jean x

Jean, I have to admit, I am really looking forward to doing it, tonight elf is drawing minion characters on all my bananas lol, hope you can join in if you persuade them to do it, I am sure elf can fly to Britain and take some selfie with you !!!!

Tammy X

Our little Elf who is called buddy was very naughty and climbed the tree, ate daddy’s chocolates and squirted toothpaste all over the bathroom…hehe the girls LOVED IT πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Aud

Hi everyone. I am new to fast dieting and just wanted to say hello. I live in Cheshire and tomorrow (hopefully) will be my first fast day, so fingers crossed I can stick with it. Looking forward to joining in. Liz

Tammy and Audrey…

I am too late…their Elf is already sat in the tree getting ready for mischief…lol…lol..apparently they have had him 5 years from their American Grandma.

I never knew, I have told Katie I want an update each day on what he gets up too…I wish I was there you miss so much…..

Liz….
    Welcome to our group, I hope you do well and join in with us…we are a happy and friendly bunch…good luck tomorrow…

Jean X

Hi all

Welcome Liz. We are a friendly group just shout if you need help or advise… I too am in Cheshire…

Off to bed now. Final weigh in for nail it November tomorrow…fingers crossed.

Ian just said what are you calling December? … I said Christmas hehe…

Night all

Audrey

Liz

Well come to our group. Lots of support and good advice on here. Hope your first fast day goes well.

x

Hi all!

Busy busy here! Preparations are finished. We leave home tomorrow morning and will be at cottage 2ish awaiting the rest to arrive about 3. Just enough time to put some cmas decs up and sort food and drinks out…family party tomorrow night but not much alcohol as its an early start on sat to get ready for the wedding.

Soooo…..yesterday didnt go according to plan as I ate too much…lol
    My weight was up this morning so Im nervous about my final NIN weigh in….plus I have major food rentention πŸ™ Damn IBS is now totally the opposite as it used to be.

Aim for NIN between Audrey, Sarah, Louise, Kay and Minols was 38 pebbles. Jean, Carol and Tammy didnt have aims but have already helped us add pebbles to the jar.

Minols has finished and has put 1 pebble in the jar. Well done for putting it back in there!

I think the rest of us are weighing in tomorrow.

Watch this space πŸ˜‰

P.s. welcome Liz…good luck for your fast day. Have you got your food planned? Thats the best way.

P.p.s….I love the sound of the christmas Elf….its a shame I dont have any little ones to amuse with it…lol

P.p.p.s….I have my 2nd fluid fast day this week…..hopefully to balance out yesterdays feasting!

Hi lovelies,

A late one for me. You are all busy today 😊😊. Well done minols on moving on that pound πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—. Kay I hope you have a fantastic wedding πŸ‘°. Hi Jean, well done on the gate front especially in this cold weather m good luck on yr weigh in tomorrow πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—. Welcome liz, and gud luck on yr first fast. We r a friendly bunch here with loads of support n knowledge 😊😊. Hi Sarah will b joining u this week on a water fast prob Sunday…love the freedom of no food, hope u r well 😊😊. Hi casp love the elf idea πŸ’‘. My youngest wld prob enjoy a cheeky chappy living with us for a month πŸ˜‰. Gud luck Audrey on your weigh in too πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—. Apologies if I have missed anyone hope you are all well too 😊.

I’m on a FD tomorrow. Been a full day today, helped out at work for a bit longer today, then eldest to rugby training. Hubbie in Hong Kong until next wed and having a nice busy time lol. Exercise class n gym. I’m lying in bed ready to sleep 😴.

Gud luck tomorrow for fasters n non fasters. Nite nite and I’ll speak to you tomorrow.

Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ€—πŸ€—xxx

Can’t sleep and I really needed some beauty sleep tonight to look less tired!

Ah well.

Thought I would have a think about December.

I was going to be less strict but if I think about it, in November, I only lost 4lbs (weigh in pending) which is about the right for losing, so really I should do exactly the same again!

But maybe I should just aim to maintain and start again properly in January.
    What I don’t want to do is use December as an excuse to overeat just because it’s the festive season. So I am going to adapt my eating as I go along. If I feel I have had a day eating over I will cut back the day after and if I know I am having a meal out etc then I will fast during the day.

Hopefully by taking it a few days at a time I will prevent myself putting any weight back on or at least only a pound or 2 which I can address the following week.

And of course I will keep posting on here as apart from enjoying chatting on here to you lovely people, it does help me stay in control.

Right time to count a few sheep to see if I can grab an hour before the alarm.

X

Kay, you are up early. Hope you manage to get another hour of sleep in.

That sounds like a December plan to me. I am in two minds about it also. I feel happy with what I’ve done for NIN, this morning’s weigh in pending and I have a good bit to lose still , but December is tricky. I agree re not using it as an excuse to overeat, and I have said I’d like to lose 4lbs but if I maintained and ended up at the beginning of January where I am now, I’d be happy as long as I hadn’t ruined my state of mind and felt in a good place to get moving in Jaunuary.

Off to weigh shortly eeek.

Hi Liz – good luck with your first fast today. I’m fasting, too, and Kay, and…not sure who else? We usually hop on to the site if we’re finding it tough, or over meal times. It’s nice to ‘see a friendly face’ / have company on a FD.

I’m with you, Kay, on being mindful in December – not extravagant in either goals or indulgence, but trying to balance things sensibly between the feasting and the fasting. I really hope you love how you feel in yourself at the wedding this weekend – you’ve done so well to lose steadily in preparation for this.

Jean – I think it’s brilliant you’re making a secret gate for your daughter – so thoughtful! One of our dogs takes every opportunity to wander…just another thing to worry about if you don’t have a good gate. Now all they’ll have to do is make sure everyone remembers to shut it! And I really like the elf on the shelf, too…and especially someone’s mention of starting it when the tree goes up. Too soon and I can imagine it would push all my grumpy buttons! I have a wee knitted nativity scene that goes on the fireplace each year – a lovely little old lady made it for me years ago. Funny, but for the first few years, all was well. Then, the Christmas after I married, the sheep started misbehaving…balancing on the wise men’s heads, hiding under Mary’s skirt…even (horrified gasp) tipping baby Jesus out of the manger (cue dramatic kettle drums)…

On a more helpfully fasting note – I’m really glad to get to Advent because it means that my chocolate intake is now strictly regulated…one chocolate each evening like everyone else in the family (and one every morning, if I’m the first to the calendar on my office door…but don’t say that out loud, or the boy gets very upset at the unfairness of adults having more opportunities than children!)

A good day to everyone.

Mx

Hi all and welcome Liz

Have stayed the same this week. Feel fine about it and didn’t feel I had lost anything. I am going to try to be extra mindful this week, despite a weekend with friends staying to navigate. A week of consolidation no bad thing. (Sob)

Good luck to anyone else weighing today. Hope the scales do move for you.

Morning all

Early start for me as well today.

Have weighed in 1.5 lbs down! Hurrah that’s 6.5lbs for NIN….

Got someone coming to look at kitchen at 9 and need to pop out to tesco.. will be back later..

Good luck to all my fellow weigh ins… plus anyone fasting today

Audrey

Morning, just a quick one before work, only 0.5lbs off today a bit disappointed after last week, but then I have to tell myself that’s 5lbs in 2 weeks, which I can’t complain about, good luck to everyone else and well done Audrey.

Tammy x

P.s. Ment to say, that’s my first stone off since starting 😊

Morning All,

First.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US…one year fasting and with our friendly group. A big thank you to our old and new friends for all the support over this last year.

Weigh in for me today the same..no worries I haven’t put on…NIN 4 lbs off and 1 lb on = 3 lbs off….(33 lbs off for the year)

Steve..weight off today 3 lbs..( Audrey dance please) πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ …NIN =3 lbs off….he said he wants his pebbles or it’s unfair!! He has stayed the same so long!…( 19 lbs off for the year a bit slow due to his bad back)

Minols..
    I laugh at the gate because the dog is so old and doesn’t like walking….he wouldn’t go anywhere, it keeps them happy…🐢

Enjoy your choccies..πŸ˜€

Audrey..
    Well done on your lost, it’s going down I am really pleased for you..πŸ˜€

Sarah..
    We are both the same no worries…it’s a bonus it’s not up …πŸ˜€

Kay..
    Enjoy your busy weekend..πŸ˜€..

I am with you for December, we will have to move things about for commitments, miss lunches and change FD’s…just do our best. We will be fasting until the Thursday before Christmas re starting the 2nd January..about 10 days off…throwing some FD’s in as we can. Missing two FD’s. With Christmas being weekend it’s working quite well.

Tammy..
    Lovely to your first stone, it’s always nice to see the scales move to the next level..and your 1/2 pound off everything helps..πŸ˜€

Vi..
    Hope you doing ok, thinking of you…

Liz..
    Have a good fast day…shout if you need help or a chat….someone is always about..

Have a good day all…and a good fast day to who’s fasting.

Jean X

Well done Audrey and Tammy and STEVE for breaking that plateau. Steve should certainly have his pebbles LOL

Well done Audrey and Tammy!
    And Steve! We should all do the Audrey dance for him!!

Pebbles being counted. Steve gets big shines ones!

Can’t remember if there is anyone else left to weigh in???
    Carol?

I’m just leaving the house but will post on route once I’ve counted all the pebbles.

No fasting for me today πŸ˜‰
    Good luck Liz and Minols who are fasting.

Vi, thinking about you and hoping the pain eases off for you.

X

Kay65
    It’s 7 lbs for me for NIN. More than I expected. Kay you do have a busy life, I hope you get a rest over Christmas.

I hadn’t realised it’s nearly been 10 months since I started the 5:2 and I have lost 38 lbs. Was hoping for 42 lbs but have had a few holiday blips. Apart from my up and down emotions the FD hasn’t been that hard and this forum has been so helpful on my weight loss journey so thankyou all.

Jean
    Give Steve a well done from me. Given his medical problems and lack of movement he’s done well.

Liz
    I’m fasting today with you. My third this week. I’m so close to the next stone range, Its been years since I’ve been in that weight area so I really want to get into that new stone range. Fingers crossed.

Im catching up on house work today.
    Have a good day everyone.

Arghh….left without my bit of paper, so hopefully I’ve counted correctly!!

Aud, Louise, Minols, Sarah and I aimed for 34 pebbles between us and we actually managed 36 pebbles and one half of one.
    And that’s thanks to Louise and Sarah earning more than they aimed to as Minols and I didn’t manage to hit our aim.

Additionally Steve, Jean, Carol and Tammy added 20 to the jar between them πŸ™‚

So NIN has delivered 56.5 pounds between 9 of us!!
    Definitely a patch of beach to just about to sit on!

Well done everyone, even if you weren’t going for the pounds. Whether it was staying determined, continuous fasting or cutting out or reducing things!

Onwards to December everyone! Keep it going in between the social festive stuff.

I have been reading your posts btw and will catch up with you all after the weekend.

Kay x

Update….oops..an extra one for Carol πŸ™‚

So 57.5 between us!

Carol I’m not usually this busy. It’s just my nephews wedding tomorrow and using the weekend to catch up with family for Christmas. It will all be quiet then. Well apart from trying to find a house of course!

Kay
    Have a lovely wedding.
    Sorry about having to move. We are trying to find a tennant for a house we own but we have been offered way over the asking price by a developer but the planning process is going on so we have to wait for up to a year but it could be sold in 6 to 8 months. Because of the timescale we only want a tennant for a short period till the house is knocked down. We are are trying to be honest and are making it clear it’s a short term let. Someone between a house sale would be good. We can’t tell anyone about the development as its confidential so it makes it difficult.

Kay…
    Have a lovely wedding tomorrow and a lovely family Christmas catch up over the weekend.

Safe travels

Jean X

Jean

Tell Steve I did an extra dance just for him 3lb is great…

I am having a new kitchen it seems… VERY EXCITED…

Off now hospital appointment this afternoon back check up yuk 😣😣

Audrey

Forgot to say I stayed the same this week and relieved I didn’t put on!

Audrey…
    Lovely new kitchen….nice to look forward too….all that gingerbread you can make…..you must be excited..πŸ˜€

I had a new kitchen about 4 years since…Steve decided to take the old one out two weeks before Xmas, as the new one started to arrive and cooker etc…

In the end we decided to put it in ourselves..took us about a month….really good for the diet a bit extreme but it works….lol

We were in the caravan over Christmas….lovely.

Jean

Kay..
    Join me and Sarah…at least we didn’t go up….πŸ˜€

Jean x

Hi Audrey – hope the back exam when alright today.

Well done to ‘invisible’ Steve!

Just had the bulk of today’s food allocation with the boy. Also bought myself a jar of chicken Bovril…lovely hot drink at lunchtime. reminded me of Walkers chicken flavour crisps!

Someone remind me that a FD is only a day…I can eat bacon rolls tomorrow!
    Mx

Minols, consider yourself reminded. Bacon roll tomorrow or anything you want, just not for today, which is nearly over….keep going….not worth spoiling it now as Kay would say

Audrey, new kitchen, oooh lovely. I love, love love, kitchens.

Kay have a fab weekend and enjoy yourself. You are close to goal, nice and slim, hope you feel great in your outfit.

So friends arriving sometime, dependent on traffic. Very easy menu in case late and because I like easy, chestnut and lentil soup, smoked fish salad, Seville orange tart, bread and wine. I will be going easy on items 3&4 and slightly easy on 5.

Happy Friday everyone.

Minols..
    Hope today is nearly over for you….that lovely bacon butty tomorrow something to look forward too.

Sarah….
    Enjoy your weekend with your friends…menu sounds good but you said they are healthy eaters..enjoy the wine. It will possibly a good weekend with food…πŸ˜‡

Audrey…
    Hope you had good news from the hospital with your back and the treatment is working for you.

Steve’s daughters still not good after her injections in her spine…she’s been back on her crutches the last three days..😬..it’s hard to brave up when in pain, she’s only 45…

Liz..
    How is your FD going? Keep joining in it helps…

Jean x

Evening Everyone,

Congratulations on your weight loss Steve the plateau has moved (Audrey happy dance πŸ’ƒπŸΌ). Well done Jean too 😊😊. Hope steves daughter gets better very soon. Nothing worse than being in pain πŸ˜•.

Minols not long to go. That’s what I keep tell myself and a bacon sarnie sounds divine. I’ve got mum and dad over tomorrow and we are going walking boot shopping for Xmas. So glad it will be a NFD as they do not understand fasting and they haven’t seen me for a good few weeks……so surprise I’ve lost some weight lol πŸ˜‚ xx

Audrey u lucky thing, a new kitchen I’m soooo jealous he he xxπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—

Hi Kay, thanx for the fab update. OMG how much weight have we all lost. Nearly a very small person lol πŸ˜‚. Thanx for keeping us all up to speed to have been a star ⭐️ xx fingers crossed yr house hunting goes well. Have a lovely time at the wedding and with your family. You’ll look fab in yr outfit πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌxx

Hi casp, well done on your fab weight loss. We really are doing fantastically well πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Šxx

Hi liz, how are u doing?😊😊

Hi vi, hope you are ok. Have a nice weekend? πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ€—xx

I think I’ve got everyone. If not I hope you have had a good week xx

FD today has been ok (146 calories). Exercise class this morning I sweated my way through. Sometimes I do think I’m getting less fitter πŸ˜‚!!! Class tonite so mite av an apple as need the sugar. Haven’t decided if fasting an exercise mix very well πŸ˜•.

Good luck to all those lovely fasters n non fasters tomorrow. Speak later. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ€—πŸ€—xxx Louise

Viewing 50 posts - 8,051 through 8,100 (of 35,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply.