Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,825 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 3 hours, 3 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 35,310 total)

• 9 stone is the suggested weight but to get back to size 12 would be heaven!! just been to tesco and stocked up on tonights feast and about 450 cals – god knows how ill eat it all!! when did you first notice weight loss? and do the fasting days get easier? x

I noticed my jeans were looser after about a week and a half…that’s 3 FD which is pretty incredible. This is the first thing I’ve done that hasn’t made totally obesssed with food. I may restart the Paul Mc Kenna too ( I lapsed when a friend attempted suicide and both my M I L and F I L got ill ( passed away within 8 weeks of each other). Hopefully the P Mc K books will turn up along with bathroom scales

it seems a fab diet – as your not obsessing everyday to keep the calories down and you can have bits you want and swop your FD around to suit if needed – but im about 5 hours away from my dinner and i could gnaw my own leg off at the mo !! what does paul mckenna do? im starting to get a bit of a headache too so i think i need to drink more fluids on FD

Hi Sjr65

you’ll do it – a bit a planning and a lot of determination is all you need – and occasionally a spare leg when you feel like a gnaw!!! Remember to measure EVERYTHING! I decided just the other day to measure how far apart my legs are to create ‘thigh gap’ – not that I will ever get this with my knees together, but though it might be worth measuring – 21 inches apart for me – lol! I’m aiming for 15 inches apart. Probably better to keep to hips, bust, waist, arms, neck and thighs.

Celtic – hi – we are along the same road – doesn’t 9 stone feel wonderful – I’m even hoping for 8st 12lb, because it sounds magical and is exactly 5 and a half stones from my starting point, but I’m beginning to feel its doable, over halfway they since starting my loss less than 5 months ago. Still a long road though, thankfully with a lot of great company. And to hell with the wrinkles!

An observation:
    I’ve started to notice my weight loss in various ways so far. I can feel it off my thighs, my hips (my spare tyre is deflating!) and my belt has gone up a hole. However I’ve noticed one interesting place to lose it-my watch is much looser than it was but not enough to go up a hole, so just annoying at the mo. Odd place to notice weight loss really!

But another thing I’ve noticed is my mood/energy. After a fast day it takes me a while to get to sleep as I’m quite awake (although perhaps not tonight as our daughter woke a few times last night so shattered today) and if I have a slightly carb heavy meal I’m tired and grumpy. I also feel so guilty if I feel full now.

Sorry for my ramblings, just found it funny to notice weight loss on my wrist. I’m on a FD today. Planning on taking daughter and dog on a nice long walk in the woods, hopefully followed by swimming this afternoon. Then chilli con carne for dinner. Good luck to all fasters today and well done to yesterday’s.

Welshy xXx

Morning welshy

I tend to lose off my fingers as my rings start to turn around I’m on a FD today as well off to Barry island with the granddaughter, eating breakfasts later and taking lunch with me lots to drink as well.
    Won’t weigh now till a week Thursday as I only trust my scales.

Lynda x

Hi there,

Great minds Welshy and Lynda, I also started noticing the weight loss today! Strange places also, my chest (not to be confused with boobs) actual sternum! and torso, and have gone up 3 belt notches. Also notice my Zumba leggings are getting loser, it’s all welcome! none off tummy, bum oh well. This week 4 people have asked if I have lost weight, at last feels like it’s working.

Happy Fasting! mine is tomorrow..x

Lynda: Barry Island used to be an absolute dive but they spent a lot of money in it and it’s a great fun place to go now. Hope you enjoyed it.

Beldy: it’s funny how you notice it in strange places isn’t it? And fab that people are noticing-it boosts your confidence and keeps your motivation up for more fasting.

Well today hasn’t really gone to plan! Went for nice walk in Thetford forrest this morning. It took me about an hour and a half but pushing a pram the whole way made it harder! Unfortunately 2/3 of the way round my dog Toby cut his ear. It was only about 3cm long but it was quite deep. And oh my god, it bled a lot! My hands were covered! Thank god for baby wipes! So instead of taking daughter swimming this afternoon we’ve been to the vets-it’s cleaned up and he’s got some antibiotics to avoid infection. I haven’t eaten anything today but haven’t had much chance to drink much either so starting to feel dehydrated and very hungry. I’ll get some squash in me and hopefully that’ll keep me ticking over till 8pm otherwise I’ll be tempted to steal some of her chips (I promised her chips for tea as she was so good looking after the dog today-she was so worried bless her). So a stressfully busy day but doing well on the food front. Hopefully it will all show on the scales. Looking forward to flipping on the sofa tonight and early night.

Hope your days were less chaotic!

Welshy xXx

Hi All,

New to this so figured as I’m in Glasgow this is the place to post!

I’ve always been a big girl, 5’8″ and broad shoulders, so most recommended weights and recommended BMI’s feel a little unrealistic. I felt at my best I was 20 and a size 12 and weighed roughly 11 stone (my recommended is between 9 and 10 stone, at which I would look downright ill). Got into a new relationship last year and instead of working in a pub and on my feet all day. I’m now in an office and have just ballooned. I’m now turning 27 and at 17 stone. Wearing size 18 clothes so I know I don’t look particularly obese. For me, as much as I’d like to get down to the 11-12 stone mark again, feeling comfortable in a size 14 is really more important.

I’ve done all my measurements and I’m doing to check up on myself fortnightly. I think I would fluctuate by a few pounds over the course of a week and the fortnightly update will be a more realistic approach.

Doing 4:3 as I have a fair bit of weight to shift – my goal is to get down to 14 by October (friends wedding). My first couple of fast days have been alright. I never actually felt hungry at all, although did have a couple of dizzy spells (more those little sparkly blind spots you get some time) and I was super cranky at night time.

Anyway, I think that’s enough for a first post!

Laura 🙂

Hi Beldy, sounding good – Ive had to get smaller belts, after years of getting bigger and bigger ones.

Sorry to hear about the dog – no pun intended, sometimes those nicks can bleed profusely, always worrying. And usually expensive, I think Ive paid for a couple of my vet’s cars over the years. He’s not even expensive, £15.50 for a twenty minute consultation, and another twenty minutes car talk with OH, antibiotics and steroids. Not bad.

And they do heal quickly.

Welcome Laura, Im along the Edinburgh end of the M8 in East Calder, off to Glasgow in the morning, my hairdresser is in Glasgow. Used go live there and OH is a weggie!

A bit of a hill to climb, like many of us, but definitely doable. I do 4:3 most weeks but found 5:2 for the first few weeks helped me go get used to, and get over, being hungry. I am so jealous, wish I’d found the fast diet when I was in my thirties – that was after giving up working 3 nights a week in pubs in Whitley Bay – so I know where you are coming from. Im trying to lose 5 and a half stone, over halfway there after 5 months. Not boasting, if I can do it, anyone can, never had any success before this.

Plan your journey, be prepared for trip ups, be patient and be kind to yourself – and best of luck!!!

Stu was weighed at GP surgery the other day and he’s a fraction over 11 St. Last night he did his BP and got reading of 126 over 85 that’s the lowest top number he’s had in a long while…certainly scoince the 2014 stroke. So 5:2 has health benefits apart from weight loss

Welcome Laura! This is a lovely little forum for support when you need and celebrating your loss too! I started doing 5:2 but often do 4:3 now as I like it. In fact I’m doing it this week! I tend to weigh quite often as I’m too impatient to wait lol but most people probably weigh once a week. That’s the thing about this diet-finding what suits you and your lifestyle. Good luck with the weight loss. I started at 14st 7lbs and currently 13st 2lbs after 10 weeks. I’m still amazed it’s working so well and can’t quite believe I’m losing weight. Aiming for about 10stone eventually.

Milena: the dogs ear was still bleeding that eve but luckily by the morning it had stopped. With antibiotics, the vet bill came to £65. A very expensive walk! He looked so sad that he was stuck in the kitchen eve as if he’d been naughty.

My partner is out for the eve so I always enjoy a FD when he’s out. I used to “treat” myself with huge amounts of unhealthy food but now I “treat” myself by fasting-oh how times have changed lol I’m meeting my friend on her lunch break for a quick bite to eat though. I normally eat nothing till 8pm but going to try just eating at lunchtime today. I shall have to go with the flow a bit today as I don’t know where we will go and what food will be available. I have plenty of fruit at home for any evening cravings. I wore a top yesterday that I haven’t worn for a while as it got too tight and you could see my stomach sticking out. Fits much better now. Yey!

Well done to yesterday’s fasters and good luck to today’s. I hope the scales show your hard work

Welshy xXx

Welcome Laura!
    On my third FD this week must say I have survived so far as being away from home sometimes makes it harder but being prepared with what I planned to eat all week made it easier to stick with it. Can’t wait to weigh next Thursday to see the loss (I hope).

Babysitting tonight for the grandchildren as mum & dad off out to see dirty dancing.

Have a good day everyone Lynda xx

on my 2nd FD. i managed well not eating all day and having one meal at about 7pm – so thats what im doing today too, and supping green tea with a wedge of lemon and glasses of water. the other days werent too bad but i did have a few glasses of wine and after finding out theres 83 cals in 100ml ill think twice next time!! but its a learning process – i definately have more get up and go although by about 3pm ill start flagging but that soon passes. if i dont see a small loss by next tuesday ill consider doing 4:3 for a couple of weeks to give myself a head start and once i feel happy in a swimming costume ill go for a swim a few times a week. its so nice not to obsess over food all the time…. 🙂

Welshy the dogs ear thing must be catching..last Wednesday our two terriers had their first ever proper fight….over the trimmings from a punnet of strawberries. Penny the NorfolkT x Lahasa ended up with a nick to her ear and it took for ever to get it to stop bleeding. Used bicarbonate of sodium in the end. Can’t imagine what a 3 cm cut would have been like.

Hi everyone,

Do I count as a fat busting Brit even though I live in France?

I’ve been reading through this thread and everyone seems to be losing something but not me!

I started the fast diet two weeks ago and so far my scales and tape measure read the same as my start day. This week I am trying to give myself a boost by fasting Mon, Wed and today. I’ve increased the amount of exercise that I get since I started.

I’m a bit of a couch potato because I am a bit of a crochet addict and find it difficult to put it down once I’ve picked it up.

Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve been raking cut long grass and pulling nettles but so far none of this ‘extra’ exercise has had any effect.

Anyone got any ideas?

One to make you smile……

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjB5DiJTuAo

Ginette

Hi Linnane and All

Just a quick hello.

Celtic crow you seem to be doing very well and blood pressure readings for your OH sound brilliant.

Welcome to all of the newbies.

To all of the newcomers and those struggling. Here is a link to a thread I created some time ago. It was how I coped with the fast diet and how I made it work for me.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/my-10-week-weight-loss-week-by-week/#post-93675

I hope it helps.

Ginette

countdown till 500 cal supper – mushroom, pepper, celery and spring onion frittatta, with a huge salad….. (200 cals), with a light grating of cheese (50), and then fresh strawberrys and natural yoghurt (100) – 350 calories – may treat my self to a bigger bit of cheese!!!

Hi Everyone!

Hi to new peeps. Had a good week, despite big bad headaches and sleeplessness, have done 2 FD’s. Have lost of total of 9 Ibs, and inches off bust and hips..:)

Sjr Laurabelle and linnane, welcome! hope the Fd’s are going ok
    This week has been the first week people have noticed my weightloss, and I started April 7, so quite slow! but the support from this forum is gold…I’m a hugely emotional eater, and can go off food or binge food equally. Have experimented with FD’s and found breakfast def works best for me, if you see a long day ahead at work with no meal until the eve, too depressing, so I have 2 boiled egg whites (save the yolks for the next day to mix with cottage cheese or whatever) that’s only 34 cals! then it’s straight through with just drinks like coffee, rooibos tea,(has loads of minerals) I try to go for de-caffeinated coffee at work, cos don’t like the insomnia. In the eve have the 350 cal meal, and maybe melon or raspberries with greek yoghurt.

I was convinced a couple of weeks ago that this wasn’t for me 🙁 and thought my attitude to food might be hindering me but I came through. I think I’ve re-evaluated the exercise aspect that although I can’t be without it, it’s not amazing for weight-loss, but many other great things, and it defines your body inside and out!…

Lynda, well done for surviving FD, I find the planning important as well
    Ginette! hi! hope you’re well, and thanks for link
    Srj like the sound of your meal..
    hi Welshy! hi Tara 😉

Happy Fasting!

Well, I survived my first week doing 4:3. Got on my scales – no change. I reckon they are glued in the 75 kilo spot but I used my wii for aerobic exercise and according to that I am down 0.2 of a kilo. I’m sure that my spare tyre just above my waist has got smaller and was convinced that it was wishful thinking but OH agrees with me. So I don’t feel quite so despondent

Well done Beldy. I’ve got PMT which is a dangerous time as its when I am most likely to binge.The other thing that happens is my weight can go up by + half a stone. The thing I find the hardest is the demons in the head ….I was fine until yesterday a bit bingey but nothing serious. I found a tape measure so intended to take the waist hips etc..
    But it just cascaded into the internal monologue of you are enormous so whats the point. Luckily I twigged what was happening and put tape measure away. Have found one of the Paul Mc Kenna books so may take that to the beach hut. I really am my own worst enemy

Morning everyone!

Celtic: we’ve all been there-we’re all emotional eaters at some point. But at least you could see what path you were going down and pulled yourself out of it. If I start to feel like that I find my fav top that makes me look good, make an effort with hair/make up and go out somewhere. It usually boosts my confidence a bit and I start to think “actually, I dont look too bad after all!” And always remember how much weight you’ve post already.
    I hope our dogs were ok! Those ears really do bleed don’t they!? He cut his ear late morning but it was still bleeding occasionally in the eve. Thankfully by the morning it had stopped. Bicarb sounds a good idea. I didn’t put anything on it but will have to remember that for next time.

Linanne: welcome! Don’t get too dispensary if it doesn’t fall off straight away. There’s often people who have to play around with it for a bit before they find what works for them. There are also people who think exercise can inhibit weight loss (I don’t know much about it to be honest). If you think that your waist is smaller that’s brill. Don’t forgrt-a lot of people diet so feel better about themselves. So how you feel is just as important. Try measuring your body and see if you can see inches coming off as well?

Beldy: sounds like youre starting to find what works for you. Well done on your weight loss!

I had a 3rd FD On Friday but when I weighed on sat the scales hadn’t shifted. So just 2lbs for me this week. A little disappointed I didn’t get a 3rd but I wonder if I over did it in Thursday and fri was correcting that. I’m 2lbs away from my first target but think the next week is going to be really tough and I’ll put weight on. My mother in law is arriving today and I’m cooking a roast for her and my sis in law (and her partner). For dessert I’ve made ice cream and meringues and then I’ll make a fruit salad later. So that should be ok to not go OTT on-I’ll just have the fruit. Will just have to control myself with the roasties-my weakness! MIL is staying till thurs, it’s my bf 30th wed so we’re out for the day and maybe takeaway/meal, out for lunch thurs and then sat we’re doing a norfolk broads boat trip (with several pub stops) and chinese meal in eve with friends. Plus there’s the birthday cakes! So not good for the waist line but it is a special occasion. I’m going to treat myself to some sweet things and the odd glass of wine/proseco but will try not to go OTT. I’m hoping not to gain more than 2lbs. It’s annoying I’m so close to reaching my first goal and then this crazy week happening. Never mind. I’ve lost 19lbs in total so far and will just have to remind myself how well I’ve done and get back on it in a week.

Despite the fact we’re having a roast later in going to try and fast till then. So the meal with be over 500cal I’m sure but hopefully a semi-fast will help a bit!

Good luck to everyone for next week

Welshy xXx

Oh and I forgot:

I follow a science page on Facebook and this morning there was an article about the benefits of fasting. I know a lot of it is known to us and that’s why we’re doing it but interesting to see the studies on live etc.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/intermittent-fasting-could-be-beneficial-health

Welshy xXx

Oh and excuse my many many typos. I’m typing on my phone and autocorrect brings up some weird words sometimes!!

Hi everybody!

Welshy! that’s an amazing weight-loss overall! you’ve done a great job, and I’m sure a little bit of relaxation won’t be too harmful, hope you have fun!

Celtic: understand what you say about the demons. I’m very vulnerable around PMT time. I’ve found with the 5:2 now I am allowing myself to be less restrictive, and eating in small portions, previously restricted items 🙂 I think Mary Berry or someone, once said you can eat anything as long as you don’t go mad about portions, hoorah!

In a previous post I said I have to have breakfast on FD’s, curious thing is on NFD’s I don’t fancy it, so my NFD’s have improved in that sense, and quite often am well under on calories.

Anyway love to all, stay strong people! I’m fasting Tue/Thurs anyone else?

Afternoon all
    Back from my travels I stuck to my FD I managed 3 last week and ate healthy on the other days really pleased with my self. Fasting mon,wed, Fri next week.

Back to work for me on Tuesday after 7 weeks off sick after my bunion op going to get back power walking starting tomorrow. Go me!!

Will weigh Thursday that will be 2 weeks looking for at least 3lb to get to my next target.

Lynda x

Yeah I am pleased with my weight loss so far. But I really want to keep going. I don’t want a treat week really but I’m going to almost be forced to have one. It won’t be huge treats but they will probably add up. Today I didn’t end up semi fasting, I was too hungry! So had some lunch and then a small roast for dinner followed by fruit salad and one scoop of ice cream (if made it was wanted to know how it tasted!)

It’s funny what people are saying about PMT time. I’m the complete opposite! I find the worst time for me is the week after my period. That’s when I feel bloated and stodgy-I wonder if it’s due to the lining building up again. But I’ve noticed my weight loss is fine during my period but the week after I find it harder. Reinforces the point that we’re all different and our bodies work in different ways!

Not sure I’ll be fasting at all this week with so much on (and entertaining my mother in law for two days……great fun!) but I’ll just have togo with the flow a bit. Will hop on the scales tomorrow morning and several times this week to check how far I’m going off track

Happy fasting this week everyone!

xxx

It’s only been a few weeks in for me but I have started to see changes on non fast days. My portion sizes are coming down …I’ve started struggling to get through a portion so have started dishing up less. It was our first wedding anniversary yesterday and Stu wanted me to make risotto so I made a mushroom wild mushroom courgette and Gorgonzola. It was really nice but I wasn’t as hungry as I thought so had a smaller amount. I had planned to do seared pineapple as a healthy pud but the pineapple had gone over ripe. Stu was determined that pudding was still going to happen so did him some apple strudel and ice cream but realised I wasn’t at all interested. Shared nectarines with the dogs instead. Finished off with 5 g piece of 81% chocolate and mug of sleepy tea.

Hi Beldyboop

Great to see your success. Yes the inches definetly come off. It is so nice to see that although a bit difficult for me to see I do notice it in my clothes.

I always aim for between 4 – 8 lb a month and since I started I have managed this, a little more on FBD.

If I have a couple of low loss weeks I change to 4:3 for two weeks and find it helps. I normally do a fast Monday and Wednesday and a low calorie day Friday (under 800). This has worked for me.

If I go out and have a big meal for example the other week I had a nice meal (carvery with a couple of roast potatoes and lots of vegetables) but I followed this with hot chocolate fudge cake and ice cream. So to repair and “damage” I did a fast day the next day. I will usually have a small ice cream but on this occasion I dicided to indulge. As you see I am human…..

Hi Linanne

Don’t get down at the no loss result. It will happen and as the weeks go by it will get easier. You will find your food choices change without you trying to change them….I know a very strange thing. Just keep on following the plan and you will get there. Watch what you eat a little on non fast days as I have heard of people over compensating.

Well done Lynda

I hope you get the loss that you want, you deserve it.

Hi Welshy we are all different and have to adapt this to suit ourselves. You sound as if you are doing well. Just be mindful of the treats that you eat. I still worry that one or two treats will send me back down the wrong road, but so far it hasn’t. Being in control is a really good feeling.

Have a good week all.

Ginette

morning all – 3rd FD today – and 1st weigh in – ive lost about 2lb which is fantastic as ive not really been that well behaved on normal days BUT i will definately be as of now as to be honest i didnt think that i would have lost anything. the challenge is tho what to eat on a FD…but ive found so many nice things, and being that i save my calories for my evening meal it turns out to quick the banquet – managed to sort out a HUGE salad and loads of piri piri chicken with a couple of blobs of light mayo for under 400 cals – something im very much looking forward to. i must say i dont feel as wobbly or bloated this past week and not eating for the sake of it – my let down is my wine!!!! however onwards and upwards – good luck to everyone today xxx Sara xxx

Thank you for your support everyone. I’ve finally lost a kilo in weight, 3 cms around my waist and unbelievably, according to my tape measure, 9 cms around my ribs. Definitely less back fat there visually.
    So to all those others struggling at the start, take the advice of the other ladies and stick with it.

I’m on my 2nd fast day of this week. Did 3 days last week and intend 3 this week. I think my husband worries about it more than I do – concerned that I’m not getting enough to eat but it doesn’t bother me much, I don’t feel that hungry.

The only thing that bothers me is that my tongue looks awful, hubby thinks it might be the change in diet. What do you ladies think?

Hi SJ well done on your loss. It is always nice when we are surprised at a loss.

It makes you realise that it does work.

Well done Linanne

A great loss and nice to know that those measurements are changing already. I don’t know about the tongue I really can’t answer that. I don’t normally look at my tongue 🙂

Keep up the good work both of you.

Ginette

Hi Everyone!

Sounds like they’ve been some great losses! well Lianne and SJ
    Lianne I think tongue becomes “coated” while fasting yuk! and perhaps, but this is anecdotal, it’s the body getting rid of toxins, that on a NFD it wouldn’t have time to deal with? I think if we fasted for 3 days in a row or something this tongue would turn pink…tongue talk over, I’ll have a look at mine on thurs, thanks for the heads up, I teach in front of large classes, and sure a tongue would be an easy target for my students 😉 I’m more concerned about bad breath, it’s hard to smell your own, as have heard fasting produces this, so I take mouth wash to work on FD’s and emergency polo’s 3 calories.

I haven’t weighed my self this week, waiting til next Mon. Am fasting again on Thurs, and on Fri may do as Ginette does and have a low cal day just for a boost before the weekend! Some folk on other threads do a “window” of eating which sounds interesting, so they only eat between 2pm-7pm or 1pm-6pm, and they can eat what they want, I might try that one day.

Hi Ginette, I’m contemplating FBD for July, not sure if have the willpower for no wine, I only drink on Fri or Sat, but even so…the treats also…but possibly worth it, that’s a whole summer of strict eating /drinking but maybe worth the boost..

Zumba class tonight, Welshy I remember you said some people don’t seem to move much in Fitsteps, it’s the same in Zumba, but they seem to be having fun, they just don’t like to sweat. I’m the idiot prancing around…checked fitbit and after my class on Monday I burned 760 cals! no I didn’t believe it either! as previously thought much less, but the fitbit also included my walk to Zumba complete with a 30 kilo sound system, which is a workout in itself, I could scrap the Zumba class and just lug the sound system around! I think on average Zumba/Fitsteps/Street has the potential to burn about 300-400 cals, depending on key factors, you move you lose!

Happy Fasting everyone!

BB

Well today is my boyfriends birthday and a self imposed deadline and….I’m one pound short of my 1 and a half stone loss. But I cant really complain about only losing 20lbs can I!?

As I’ve mentioned before we’ve got several meals/takeaways planned this week, plus birthday cake (made it yesterday-chocolate and raspberry!) plus wine so I’m going in with the mentality of not dieting but not going over the top too. I want to enjoy this week but I also don’t want to ruin the hard work of the last 10weeks. i can accept a 2lb gain but any more and I’ll be annoyed I think

Right, better go blow up some balloons! Then it’s scrambled egg and smoked salmon for brekkie (his fav!)

Good luck to everyone this week-I might be MIA until next week when I can hopefully find some normality and get back to 5:2.

Welshy xXx

P.S. Never noticed weird tongue-will check it out!

Hi Beldy

As you know, Im doing FBD for the second time in July, might do it right up to my hols which are a moveable feast sometime into the second half of August.

I found actually giving up wine last time easier than the thought of it – Mimi suggests ‘leaving the treats in the box’ which paints a great picture, discipline and denial, but not forever. She does suggest cutting down if you can’t give up – but as I’ve already cut down on rubbish since stsrting 5:2 – haven’t we all? – this qualification just puts us all back in 5:2 territory, especially as ‘cut out’ can be quantified whereas ‘cut down’ can’t – and ‘cut out’ then requires less discipline, not more. So well worth going the whole hog, especially as the prize is 10 pounds plus weight loss.

Im sure there is an argument that cutting down is just as good, but I’m willing to bet that a lot of us are still wearing years of treats! Another bonus of ‘cut out’ is the rest from wine and sugar is hopefully good for us health-wise – it certainly was for me.

Worth getting the book as the planner in it is really useful, I found the guidance on exercise very motivating. Steppibg up the exercise this time round.

Welsy – have a great day!!!!!!!

Linanne, tell hubby folks are regularly doing 5 day, 10 day and even much longer fasts, and remain remarkably healthy! Isn’t the human body amazing?

Hi Beldyboop

I also do 16:8 on most days. I don’t eat breakfast anymore as I didn’t enjoy it, I only ate it because I thought I was meant to. This would be either weetabix, porridge or toast (all carbs). So not I eat a late lunch and within eight hours I eat my dinner. This is just my choice. The Friday low calorie day I do so if I fancy a treat over the weekend I can have it. The 16:8 is only most days as occasionally I eat about 14:10.

For me I found the fast beach diet great. I cut out nearly all treats. I had a wedding and on that day I had an ice cream, on two of the other weeks I had an ice cream with a meal out. A treat for me is having something that I enjoy be this chips these are done in the oven or a lovely melon while they are expensive. The only other thing what I would call a treat is one midget gem this was about 7 calories so not a problem at all.

I didn’t have cake, chocolate, biscuits or ice cream. I must admit I never have cake or biscuits at home – ice cream is a rarity and chocolate I have occasionally usually.

Alcohol wasn’t a problem for me but the first week without things I knew I couldn’t have was difficult, by the second I got into the swing of it. I lost 16lb over the 6 weeks and it has made me more aware of what I was eating.

I also did 4:3. I was used to the low calorie Friday so this wasn’t too bad. I do 4:3 if I have a meal out usually. I am lucky that I have never put on any weight since I have started. I am doing 4:3 this week as my weight loss had slowed for the last two weeks. I was suffering from swollen ankles because of the heat though. I always put on water weight in the warm weather due to water retention. I have to say my ankles weren’t as bad as they can be and the fact that I weight gain didn’t show up, I think I may have actually had a loss. I just need to have it show up. This week has been cooler so I will let you know when I weigh on Saturday.

I am really pleased that I did it. I have not allowed myself some treats it did make me far more aware of calories, I decided whilst I was on it to count calories every day. This is unusual for me. I know count three days a week and estimate the others.

This way worked for me.

Here is the planner to help you.

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/FB-PLANNER.pdf

The last page has a lot of information on it. I know that Jaye was managing to go without wine and she did look forward to having this at the weekend.

The book says to cut back on treats.

I read the book on kindle it was 99p at the time. I found It was almost the same as the fast diet book. It may be useful though I am not sure how much it is now.

With the Zumba the most important thing is that you enjoy what you are doing. If you enjoy it do it. The moving around will help you.

Fast day today, I have a new barbecue chicken to try as well. I love the spicy one and normally have that but I really don’t like the Chinese one although I enjoy Chinese food (I should say enjoyed). The Chinese one had an aniseed coating and although I love an aniseed ball didn’t like it on the chicken……Los I gave these to a friend.

Welshy you have done well and I think that you might surprise yourself, you might over indulge less and the weight will probably come off much more quickly than it has in the past.

Have a lovely time.

Ginette

Hi there!

Thanks for the the link Ginette, 16 Ibs is amazing…do you think you’d do it again?

Milena, I love the way you put “still wearing years of treats! and agree that cut out is often easier than cut down, and this is 6 weeks, right? not the end of treats and wine as I know them. So I think doable. Def going to get prepared to start July 1, would be great to have mutual support 😉

Best wishes to all xx

Hi Beldyboop

Yes I probably will at some point especially if I reach a plateau although now I am usually losing enough weight.

Here is my weight loss since starting.

Month 1 Jan – Feb 8lbs
    Month 2 Feb – Mar 4lbs (short month)
    Month 3 Mar – April 4lbs (Easter)
    Month 4 April – May 10lbs (FBD started)
    Month 5 May – June 10 lbs (FBD ended)

I started FBD on the 20th April and ended at the end of May. I have lost 4lbs in the weeks since finishing so far, but that is not a full month.

I must say that a day a week that you can look forward to with a small treat worked for me and I still had a good loss.

My aim was always to lose between 4 and 8lbs a month. So I have achieved that. I really think it is the 4:3 that helped.

You just need to find what works for you. It is good to have company along the way but it is just a bit too soon to go back to it as I have only just finished.

I have a lot of weight left to lose so I will take my time as long as I lose my minimum I shall be content for now. I think I may be above that this month. So that’s ok.

Good Luck I shall encourage you along.

Ginette

Hi Beldy

no pain, no gain – or rather loss!!! I’m queen of the treats, been known to have a McFlurry (well half!) on a fast day and I’m experimenting with the idea that wine calories don’t affect weight loss – I do love a good experiment.

And the whole point of 5:2 is nothing is forbidden – and rightly so, I strongly believe that is its great strength – but when your aiming for that bikini body – even if its just in your head or, at best, in the privacy of your bedroom – you just have to say NO! Deferred gratification is supposed to be good for the soul, isn’t it! And a part of me would secretly love to look bloody good in a bikini! Or at least a well fitted tummy control swimming costume with something pretty to cover my arms and legs.

A pink wet suit, Milena…? 🙂

Gawd!!! That would hold in all my wobbly bits – and show them off nicely – think I will look like a pink sausage!

City holiday methinks – though thanks for the thought, it will certainly put me off eating anything but fish and veggies for six weeks!

Morning all

Well have stuck to the plan for 2 weeks and lost 2lb and not forgetting the 7oz it all counts.
    9/3/15 weigh 13st 12lb
    25/6/15 weigh 12st 6lb 1oz
    Not far to go for my 2st target.
    Good job I kept all my skinny clothes gone from a size 18+ to a 16 wardrobe lol

Feeling really please with myself, hubby will be shocked when he returns home in a couple of weeks.
    Come on girls we can do it. Lynda x

Well Done Lynda

The harm sugar can do shown here.

Actor reveals how he gained more than a stone and developed fatty liver disease after eating low fat foods for 60 days… because they were packed with SUGAR
    http://dailym.ai/1QS0CVb

Ginette

Hi guys,

Haven’t been on for a while, nice to see the old names and some new ones! Well done all of you on your great successes!

I last posted around the end of March/ beginning of April when I was hovering above the 12 St mark and then finally went below it. Here I am about 3 months later hovering at dead on 11st and looking forward to going below it, hopefully next week! So a stone in 3 months, slow and steady… I’ve chucked out all my size 16s, the 14s are comfy and I’m now shopping for and fitting into size 12s, so proof for any doubters that this way of life really works!

My main strategies have been 1-no breakfast 2- cut out the wine and any sweet treats on weekdays (love it at the weekends!) 3- weigh myself every day so I know how strict I have to be (I only log the days when I’m lower than before though so I can see that the overall trend is down down down!), oh and 4- don’t buy it! I now notice when I’m shopping all the things that I would have bought in the past, eg Ben and Jerries or Hagen Daaz on special offer, I could have polished off a whole tub of cookie dough in one evening last year! If I don’t buy it, I can eat it, simple!

All the best chaps,
    CC xxx

Hi cc

I look forward to hitting 12st, 6lb off that target but in a few weeks I will be there.
    I always throw out my fat clothes but keep all the smaller size ones as I sure they will fit again.
    I like to eat 3 times a day on FD and haven’t touch vodka for a few months since I started dieting as this always lead to me eating food.
    Good luck on dropping into the 10st.

Lynda x

Morning ladies. well I’m back after a week off the diet for my boyfriends 30th birthday celebrations. In that week I’ve had an Indian takeaway, a meal out, birthday cake, wine/proseco and a chinese buffet. Not good. I actually found it hard to eat naughty things initially but then after the second or third day I fell right into old habits. It was interesting though-I enjoyed all those “naughty” foods but I didn’t enjoy them as much as I thought I would. I’ve realised I got more of a kick/high from losing weight than the sugar etc.

So I hopped on the scales this morning fearing the worst and…I’ve had just under a 4lb gain. Blergh! Worse than I thought and my tracker graph looks awful. But it’s happened, no point dwelling. I’m back on it today more determind than ever before. I’m hoping a little bit of that is food in transit (large roast dinner at in laws last night) and am also in the middle of my period at the moment too, which won’t have helped.

I was hoping to not eat anything today but my sis in law has asked if I can meet her for a quick sandwich on her lunch break. So that will be my food for the day. Will hopefully find somewhere that does salads as well. Also have fitsteps tonight which should get me back on the straight and narrow. Today’s FD is going to be hard, I know it will, as it will feel like starting again and it’s my first fast. But I’ve done it before, so I can do it again and I’ve got lots to do today to keep me occupied.

Its supposed to be a hot one this week, a little heatwave apparently. So even more important for us to keep drinking lots of water etc.

I hope everyone had a better week than I did (that wouldn’t be hard!) and that you’ve had good losses. I haven’t had chance to go back and read all the posts I’ve missed in afraid.

Enjoy the weather and diets this week

Welshy xXx

Hi Welshy

first time I got a weight increase, back to old habits while away, probably like you knew it was coming and prepared, but didn’t prepared for how depressing it is to put weight back on – well, i mumped and moans and got quite down for a bit – really felt sorry for myself, and I’m not usually a moaner.

Thing is, while I whined and wailed the weight just came back off of its own accord, I had just got back into the saddle and that’s all it seems to take, a couple of weeks later I was less than when I went away.

Maybe the mumping helped, dunno, but now I just sit back and relax about it all, ignore the gains and just be a little more mindful – and that works too!

Maybe we shouldn’t sweat the small stuff – just make sure you get the bloody horse to stand still long enough for you to climb onto the saddle!

Thanks Milena. I did know I would increase this week so was mentally prepared for it, it was just a bit more than I hoped. It’s not like it’s one of those weeks where you tried really hard, expected a loss and for some reason gained. I knew this was coming.

I don’t tend to dwell too much on things in general. It’s happened, I can’t do anything about last week, but I can control this week and moving forward. I’ve fasted today and I’ve been fine-not hungry once! (I thought it would be a nightmare today!) I grabbed a quick lunch with sis in law and unfortunately they only had sandwiches so I had tuna on brown bread. Was hoping to avoid carbs but ce la vie. Nothing else for me for the rest of the day now. Got fitsteps tonight and I ended up walking miles around town in the heat so been nice n active too. I’ll hop on the scales tomorrow and hopefully see a change. I was also feeling really bloated and aches this morning thanks to my period which seems to have eased now too.

But after a bad week, the last thing you want your sis in law to say is “you look bloated today”. Great! Never mind, I’ll be a skinny sod soon (and by soon I mean months! Lol)

xXx

I forgot to say: the horse stood still, I’m in the saddle and galloping into the sunset 🙂

xXx

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 35,310 total)

You must be logged in to reply.