Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,907 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 3 hours, 11 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,101 through 7,150 (of 35,393 total)

• Hey Guys,

You’ll never guess what happened to me on Saturday… So, I was eating my pasta, which had been in the oven in a glass lasagna-like bowl/dish, and in comes Michel and he starts telling me that he and this guy found tiny pieces of glass in their food. Appearantly, the bowl/dish broke a little. They were both fine, and so was I. But it was the most ridiculous thing, ever.
    Yesterday my parents were here and we made savory scones, and there are three boxes in my freezer waiting for Thursday. They are calling me πŸ˜›
    Last year, we had a very warm winter and now it’s cold. My muscles aren’t taking to it kindly

It’s a strict FD for me, like yesterday. With just a cup of soup tonight. Tomorrow, I will have some fruit and half a shrimp and noodle salad.

Hey Carol
    Sounds like Nail it November is coming at a perfect time for you. Sorry you’re having a hard time. Just don’t forget to be kind to yourself

Hey Audrey
    Sound like you had a really good time at the caravan. Hope you feel better soon

Hey Louise
    The loss will gradually slow, but you have done so well. And you’re still doing well.

Hey Caspdexy

Did your husband remember, I hope he did, and that you managed to have a good time.

Hey Kay,
    Hope you’re doing better. The weather is reeking havock on me, too

Hey Sarah,
    Have a good time with your family. Try not to stress too much about the food. There’s always November. Kind of like “We’ll always have Paris”

Hey Minols,
    Yes I’m Fasting, too. How are you getting on?

Hey Jean
    Good find on that trousers, it’s always nice when clothes just fit again. You must be thrilled

Have a good day everyone
    X

Hi Everyone,

Casp, I really feel for you πŸ’—. I have been a comfort eater for a long time. Eating coz I’m over weight n over weight coz I’m eating πŸ˜•. I was in such a vicious circle. I started slow. I picked one thing in my day I was gonna change. Like everyday I’d go for a short walk or I stopped eating chocolate everyday n just had some once a week. Little changes soon add up 😊😊. It is hard…..I love food. There isn’t a food I don’t like…I really wish there was lol πŸ˜‚. Little steps I say, it will click and get a little easier. Don’t b so hard on yourself loosing weight is hard. It’s only coz I’m so pig minded that I’m doing the sugar diet and need to reverse type 2. It was the kick start I needed. You will find yours I promise 😊😊.

Thinking about you. Stay strong. We have all been there.

Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—xx

Hi,

Forgot to say my first visit to the gym. Didn’t feel out of place and I can still walk. A billy bonus lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—xx

Thanks vi,

I’m just gonna keep at it. I am looking forward to beginning 5:2 though lol. Glad you are all ok from your glass scare.

Another food I love savoury scones yum yum.

Good luck on your fast day.

Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—x

Hi all

Home safe still feeling bad. Still eating bad… I too am a comfort eater.. lots to do so sorry got to dash…

Audrey

Louise…

20 lbs is really good going..I have been doing 5.2 for 11 months and have just about 30 lbs off and you have that off in 4 weeks amazing…

VI…
    Good job you didn’t get the glass a bit scary…good luck on your FD.

Carol..
    Sorry you are not focussed after your holiday sometimes it takes a bit to settle back in to it again.

Audrey..
    Hope you soon improve there’s a lot about at the moment.

Casp..
    Have a lovely anniversary today…hope you do something nice.

Kay, Minols..
    Hope all is going well

We have had a lovely 4 hours with daughter and grandson, nice for a chatty catch-up.

FD for us tomorrow…going for three this week..

Jean x

Hi all, nfd for me, and no he hasn’t remembered but I will have a drink tonight watching walking dead, couldn’t get any better really, hope your all fine and fd if your on it going well.

Hi all

Carol…feel for you, but I know from the past before your travels just how controlled you can be, so be a bit patient with yourself, and it will come back to you. Deep breath. Maybe start with one little thing that you can get hold of again. We know you can do it.

Hope you’re feeling a bit better, Kay, and your FD has gone alright. Mine has been helped by the dentist numbing half my face – a drastic move which I wouldn’t recommend! So I just about had enough feeling not to dribble my soup this evening, and treated myself to some popcorn. I’m more than full enough, just would quite like something a little sweet to finish off with after I’ve done the boy’s bath – maybe a few raspberries…then I MUST stop.

Vi – how’s your fast gone?

Mx

Hey Minols,

I remember when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. Face numbing can be hell. My fast went weel. Stuck with my bowl of soup. I’m ready for tomorrow!
    x

God evening all.

Nearing the end of a FD. Managed to keep it together but had a strong urge to eat but managed to stay strong. I’m not gorging on things I fancy in particular, its just anything and everything and even as I’m putting things in my mouth my sensible side is screaming at me to stop. I actually thought the urges had gone but they’ve just been waiting for me to weaken. Damn its hard.

Minols,
    As you can see, I’m an expert at emotional eating. Thanks for your support, Ill try really hard to ignore my inner voice.

Audrey
    We both have a hard time with emotional eating. I hope you get back control. I’m going to try really hard.

Vikathy
    Looks like you had a narrow escape with the glass in the Lasagne.
    Ill try to make the effort for nail it November.

Thanks for your support ladies.

Morning all

So it’s time to confess for me, I have had a really bad couple of weeks and eaten and drank loads,

This morning I have weighed in and … I have put almost all my weight back on in one fell swoop..

As you all know I am an emotional eater and with the sore back, the holiday and the cough and cold from hell I have certainly eaten my fill…so the result is 16 lbs up on top of the previous gain….

I need help and support and I need to start my November challenge TODAY..
    Audrey

Morning All,

A bright day.

FD for us today. AFD s this week or shall I say three. We have done these before and they work the same as two for us but it’s fitting into this weeks plans.

Audrey..
    I really do feel for you. Your year hasn’t been the best with one thing and another and it’s so easy to slip, odd pounds slip back unnoticed before you know you are back to the start line.

We have been there…30 lbs off and 30 lbs back on…Steve’s two new knees, visitors bringing treats and chocolates…you know it’s happening, odd pounds not bad then it hits you…I am so upset for you.

Nail it November will help us all. I suppose we have had to get back seriously since holidays so we have already started.

There are a lot of us in the same boat and have been struggling awhile..

A TIP …for everybody get your old photos out and have a look it’s frightening it was for me…my phone has just shuffled my photos and it has put all my past to present photos of me in a pile!!!! Fortunately for me there definitely is a before and after…..I really don’t want to be that before person again..still a bit to go.

Have a good day whatever you are doing…anyone else fasting?

Jean x

Hi all

FD here for me too…I need it after overeating for the last few days!!!

A few of us are in the same boat it seems. Audrey I feel for you. You know it will come off so try not to be too down about it.
    That’s what November is all about, learning some more good habits to go with our way of life.

Got to dash…off to work in a bit.
    Hope everyone is OK.

Kay

Hi Everyone,

Hi Audrey,

So sorry to here about your weight gain. I have been there with the comfort eating and the just this once. I’m def with Jean on the nail it November. A new beginning n a fresh start. Just draw a line across it and try not to ponder on it, we have all been there 😊. Sending bigs hugs n lots of support. You can do this πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ.

Just want to say I struggle with SAD in the winter months and have researched vitamin D and calcium tablets which I take two of everyday in the winter. I have read that the majority of people in England have low levels of Vitamin D, due to the lack of sunshine in this country which means we are unable to make enough. This can make us lathargic and depressed 😊. My personal view on this little tablet is for me it works. Normally winter is a bad time of year for me but this year it’s been good. I feel energised( I know I’ve lost weight) but this is a different feeling. A wellness of the mind 😊. Just wanted to share. It might help 😊😊 with the winter blues.

Hi Jean,

A 30lb loss is amazing well done 😊😊. Looking forward to getting to that mark. I’m getting in some practice for nail it November and have joined a Zumba class lol. I’m the scary one at the back flinging my arms wildly around!!! The gym is going well too. I’ve decided to give a few things a go to find what works for me lol.

Hi, Vi, Sarah, minols, Casp, Kay , carol I hope you are all well. Apologies if I have missed anyone there are so many and I have a goldfish brain.

Happy fasting day.

Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—xx

Hey Guys,

My niece and nephew were just here for a visit with their kid – Grover and Pip — I kid you not– and Pip is a newborn, she’s totally cute, so is her brother by the way. But boy, am I glad that I don’t have two small children. That has to be exhausting. No, actually, if things weere different and I could look after myself, I would have loved to have a baby. So, these short of things are always two-sided. Very cute and fun, but sad (it’s something I’ll never have) I think that in order to have children you vhave to be able to commit a lot of energy to them. I have trouble getting out of bed in the morning. And getting through the day. It’s just me. Can you imagine how it would be with a boyfriend/ husband and/ or a kid. I don’t actually need an answer, don’t worry.

So, it’s a FD; some berries and tonight a noodle salad. Half at least

Hey Audrey,
    Sorry about your difficult times. I am not an emotional eater, I’m a pain eater. So I struggle with my NFD sometimes. You can always get back on the horse. Just don’t give in. You will get it off again

Hey Jean,
    You’re doing well on ADF, keep it up. I did that, too, with the photos. But mostly because I didn’t believe I had lost weight.

Hey Kay
    Hope you are having a better time. Hold on for November

x

Oh Audrey…what a nightmare. But I’m with everyone else – we know you can do it! Jump right back into things and whack those last few pounds you’ve gained off your hips ‘quick as spit’ before they get a chance to settle back in. And then get tough with the others that think they live on you. These pounds are like parasites, and you are not going to give them house room!

Hi Vi – glad you like being an auntie. I loved it, too. I loved being the one that let them do the things their Mum never did – I gave the first crisps, the first diluting juice made up too strong, I painted the first nails! I even loved handing them back! And I’ve loved having just the one of my own – I’d have loved a few more, but that’s not possible, and now I wonder how others manage with more than one. And now the boy is at school, I wonder how on earth others manage having them around all the time…yet I know I did it. I guess we’re actually each fit for the life we’ve got – or the life we’ve got will get us fit for what we need to do today, and maybe prepare us a bit for tomorrow, and always wondering at how somebody else copes with what they have to deal with. That’s me getting a bit philosophical, and using ‘fit for’ in the old fashioned since of being able/capable for, not fit as in exercising a ridiculous amount every day!

Right, back to work – the joy of a wedding to write today.

Mx

Haha. Minols, passing on those good habits I see πŸ˜› Maybe I should have said cousins (I’m not actually their aunt) and I agree we all get to bear the life we can bear. But sometimes, I long for a different kind of life where I could – say, oh I don’t know – MOVE AROUND πŸ˜›

Most times, I’ve made my peace… but still
    x

Thank you one and all for your kind words and encouragement..

Once this cough and cold is finally gone I am going to rejoin you on 52… or even ADF …

Together we are stronger

Audrey

Louise…

Our 30 lb off for me and Steve we were both the same….was the first time around three years ago when I found the 5.2. Then Steves new knees sent ALL the weight back on!!

I am now again at 28lbs off, Steve had back issues in the summers so he’s behind me a bit at 17 lbs off…I feel we are both much focussed this time, sweet things are a treat…biscuits are a thing of the past …instead of four chocolate digestives biscuits each three times a day…lol…they really add up calorie wise..600 cal 😬 a day! and large portions of food..Yorkshire pudding full dinners at least five times a week.

I am glad we saw the light and also cutting food bill in half!

We all have our own faults and our own journey to follow…it’s seeing, and changing them…we will all get there. The downs make us stronger for the ups and our goals.

Hoping your SAD improves with the tablets, I know a lot of people suffer with it. I felt better getting my winter wardrobe out, you forget what you have.

Vi…
    It’s lovely to have the little ones about and doing things with them but I know I sometimes feel shattered later. Just nice for a borrow then send them back….lol

Minols…
    You always have lovely words to say to people, you put it just right…possibly your job. A wedding for the weekend the better part of your work, I know sometimes it could be quite sad.

Audrey…
    We will get you back on the right track, get better first, sort your tablets out, they could be a bit of the problem, twist the doctors arm for a change…try and start getting your FD s in and do the best you can while unwell. ❀️❀️

Jean x

Hi all, fd for me and it has actually not bothered me one bit, porridge has really worked this morning, low calorie ready meal for tea, and have just made a pot of lentil and bacon soup for my fd tomorrow (my first b2b) still need to work out the calories for it, Audrey I am gutted for you, but there is so much support here, you will do it, hope you all enjoy the rest of your day x

Casp..
    Good luck on your b to b.

Soup sounds lovely…I think most soups are quite low so you will be fine…see if you can work the calories out.

We are going ok today, having a couple of eggs on toast tonight, a change from the usual salad. A bit naughty the carbs but will still be under calories.

Fasting again Thursday.

Jean x

Casp..

Just had my 2 eggs and toast…enjoyed them don’t have them often…come in over 620 cal for the day, picked up wrong but lovely brown seeded bread out of the freezer…ummm

Still it’s an extra thrown in day so I don’t mind…

X

Casp and jean

Good luck to you both for your fast day today and anyone else who is also fasting.

I am feeling a little better hopefully cough is finally clearing up. Blood test booked for next Monday. ..

Thanks again for all your encouragement

Audrey

Hi all

Gosh there’s a lot going down today. I too am on a fast day liquid only and then again on Thursday. My nfds are totally screwed up at the moment so if I can end the week not putting on, I will be content if not exactly happy! Drinking my boillion now while husband dishes up for a houseful. It is not that I am hungry more that the social norm is difficult to manage. Anyway I am not going near the kitchen until it is all over! It is bad enough up here. I just keep saying I can eat tomorrow. It is only a day and if I lose it now goodness knows what will happen.

Audrey, yuk, and you probably feel worse with not being well. I have tried to paste the link to a post from simcoeluv called ‘easy on easy off’ but it didn’t work. But if you use the search facility it is the first one to come up under that title and it is really encouraging about taking weight off fast when you have put it on quickly. In particular he (or she?) writes about putting on 8lbs in the course of one day(!!) and losing it again in only a few days. I think what he is saying is that it is not actual fat ie real weight but more a fluctuation you get when you have been eating and drinking quite a bit. So don’t despair!!

Louise, I completely agree re vitamin d. Apparently almost everyone in the UK is deficient in d from now until March. And most people deficient all year. The older we get the harder it is to metabolise too. So if you are over 40 you almost certainly need a supplement. I really have noticed a big difference since I started taking high strength vit d 18 months or so, mainly in the fact that I get far fewer colds etc and although I have noticed this personally it is meant to really improve mood. I am not a supplement junkie at all and the only other I take is fish oil but really I would so recomment vit d.

Well done to everyone fasting today and well done casp for b2b. There are times when it feels really hardcore!

Have a good evening everyone. It is very soon November and we are going to nail it together!! Xx

Ps Vi, Jean yes absolutely lovely to see little ones and nice to hand them back!

Thanks Sarah. ..

I have found the post…let’s hope the weight goes off quick.. Ginette always says easy on easy off let’s hope it’s true…

I too agree it’s lovely to see the children arrive and lovely to see them go too….

Audrey

Evening all

Lost 1 lb on my first FD week for ages. Its better than I expected considering the binging I’m doing on NFD’s so I’m happy with that. I now have bursitis in my hip and need another cortisone jab. On restricted movement at the moment. No exercise and no crossing legs which is the hardest. It never seems to end.

Audrey
    Sorry your unwell. You seem to be having a hard time. I hope you feel better soon. You’ll get back on track I’m sure.
    X Carol

Carol..

Congratulations on the 1 lb off…really well done after your holiday.

Jean x

Hi Everyone,

Well done carol on yr pound loss that’s fab 😊😊.

Just wanted to say I survived Zumba and I still have salsa hips lol. πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ

Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—xx

Jean.
    Thanks, I needed a loss after my holiday gain.

Louise
    Thank you for your kind words. I tried Zumba once. I’ve got the hips for it but not the speed or agility.

FD again tomorrow. I have a dicky tummy at the moment so it wont be hard.

Carol x

Fluid fast day complete for me today and a lowish day is in order tomorrow followed by another fast day on Thursday.

Carol well done on the loss.
    Audrey I hope you feel better soon.

Louise/Sarah Thanks for info on vit D. Ive heard about that before but not talked to anyone who has actually taken it.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Kay

Morning all

Still coughing here 😡😳….

Ian back at work tonight I will rejoin you all when I finally stop coughing and sneezing…

Carol well done on your loss, hope you feel better soon too.

Love to all sorry got to fly

Audrey

Morning All..

Off soon to take the car for an omissions update then into Doncaster…a bit of Xmas shopping, table cloth, cards, crackers, a few new housey things but don’t know what I want…not presents! A nice cheery easy sort of day.

Will we past the fish and chips restaurant???? Wednesday was chosen carefully…lol…lol

FD for us tomorrow.

Everybody have a good day….mind set for Nail it November??….all organised???

Will speak later

Jean x

Morning Everyone,

Audrey I hope you are feeling better soon 😊.

Kay you are welcome on the Vit D info. Keeps my winter blues at bay πŸ˜€πŸ˜€.

Jean, happy Xmas decoration shopping. Looking forward to wrestling with my Xmas tree 🌲.

Hi also to Vi, Carol, Sarah and minols hope you are well 😊😊. Hello to anyone I have missed too. Hope you are well too 😊.

Just a quickie do you all find that when you are healthy eating you eat the same things over and over. I am finding that and getting bored now. Which is a worry πŸ˜•. I have been food shopping this morning and bought some mackerel, stir fry with soy sauce (looking forward to making that tonight), and a lamb chop. Does anyone have any menu ideas that doesn’t involve sugar. I would be greatly appreciative.

Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—X

Hey Guys,

Thank god, it’s my last FD. I could not have done another one, How are you all doing?
    Me, not good at all, Hence the short message

x

Hi Vi – stick with it…you’re almost there! Is there anything around you that can distract you?

I had a feast day yesterday, so I’m trying to wind it in a bit today ready for a FD tomorrow. It’s the minimum I need to do, given I’m going to the reception on Saturday (unusually), and Sunday is unlikely to be a successful option for a FD.

Carol – well done on the 1pound…we knew you could get to grips with things again. Just one day at a time.

Mx

Second FD for me today. Feeling better about it now. Did go off the rails a bit. Just tucking into my second bowl of a chunky soup I’ve made. Added tomato paste, 25 grms of dry rice, 20 grms of chorizo and it has transformed it into a very tasty spicy soup. Once I’ve taken out my 300mls of skimmed milk, I’ve still got 80 Cal’s left. Today going well. 😁

Hope everyone else is fine.

Hi All..

Back from our spending spree, we have got a few things together for Xmas had a lovely day doing not a lot the weather was lovely, blue skies, a little cold, a would have been a lovely walking day…it’s given me a nice feeling these last few days….

Well we were passing the fish and chip restaurant and Steve pushed me in….it was very nice as always…..fasting from 3 pm today into tomorrow….lol..lol…worth every mouth full!

Vi, Carol….
    Keep going nearly there…keep thinking of them pounds moving…

Minols…
    We are with you tomorrow fasting…enjoy your reception at the weekend…

Audrey..
    You are holding onto this cold, about time you passed it on! Hope you soon feel better.

Louise..
    I will have a think about healthy food?? You sound adventurous with your food.

Jean x

Evening Everyone,

Well done carol on your fasting day 😊.

Hi, Jean I’ll be grateful for any foodie ideas. I’m thinking about buying dr mikes recipe book 😊 That might help my boredom. I did have a very nice chicken soy sauce stir fry this evening though πŸ˜€.

Just a quick question about our nail it November 😊. What is the procedure? As in are we just gonna do a weekly weigh in and chat about our days as we are doing. Or do we do a daily how we are doing i.e. Fasting, non fasting, calories counted. I’m gonna try and add in a lot more exercise during November and really think about what I’m eating (i.e. Sticking to 800 calories which I am doing, but more veg and variation).

I hope that makes sense. Looking forward to November (birthday on 8th lol πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸπŸ§€πŸ—πŸ“πŸ‹πŸ³) unfortunately still on sugar diet, but will celebrate once I move onto 5:2 😊😊.

I hope everyone has had a good day.

Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—x

Hi all

Regarding the different fast day meals I make a pretty good chilli full of beans and vegetables made with turkey mince or you could use Quorndon and serve it with bare naked rice… very filling and not to bad calorie wise. YOU can get the rice off the Internet or some holland and barrett shops do it.

Also sausage casserole with heck sausage another low calorie meal. ..

Aud

I’d also like to know if there’s a plan for nail it November. FD nearly over thank fully. πŸ‘

Hi cmum and Louise

I am for nail it in November promising to give up all chocolate and sweeties and to stick religiously to 2 fast days a week and clean eating.. I also promise to exercise more..

Think we all need to do our own thing and stick with it..just be accountable to each other… Hope this helps? Always remembering together we are stronger

Aud

Well that’s my first b2b done, although am a bit grumpy, just ask my daughter. Hope it will have been worth it tomorrow, also its chippy lunch at work 😊. Hope you all had a good day x

Well done caspdexy…. you are doing fantastic keep going…

Enjoy the chips tomorrow lol x

Watching the great British bake off, isn’t the best idea on a fast 😁

I love the British bake off…..mmmmm sausage rolls, Victoria sponge, chocolate cake, quiches the list is endless πŸ˜‚ xxx

Thanx Audrey for making nail it November clearer….can’t wait to begin with u all πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—xx

Hi all can i join onto your forum, I’m new to 5 2 going to give it a go starting tomorrow. any tips would be great. how have you all done on this diet I’ve piled a lot of weight on this past year and need to get it off. got about 4 stone to loose.

Morning all

Welcome Claire lots of advice and help on here just shout if you need anything we are a friendly group..

Gosh I wish this cold would sod off now…. I have woken up sweating and coughing again with the head ache from hell…. I need to fast but am finding it impossible whilst I feel so bad…

Right that’s enough moaning about me and feeling sorry for myself. .. who is fasting today, how is everyone doing? I am on chicken soup for lunch and pea and ham soup for later….

Have a great day everybody

Audrey

Hi all, weigh in day for me, a little disappointed only a 1lb off, but that also means only a 1lb to go till I have lost half a stone, right better get to work, catch up later, I don’t get a phone signal where I work, it drives me nuts.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,101 through 7,150 (of 35,393 total)

You must be logged in to reply.