Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,890 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 10 hours, 16 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,951 through 7,000 (of 35,376 total)

• Hey Guys,
    Still feeling lousy, but tonight we’re having lasagna, so that’s nice. Just did 30 min on my arm bike. Hoping to get 15 more minutes in

Hope everyone is ok
    x

Hi Everyone,

Wow you all are very busy 😊. Tired today and I’m not sure why! Eating 800 calories a day, plenty of sleep, drinking plenty of water and getting 13,000 steps in a day. Been feeling energised for last 2 weeks, but now feel drained 😞.

Don’t want to stop as I need to loose the weight and sort my diabetes out. So it’s head down and keep plodding on 😊.

I hope everyone is well. Good luck to anyone fasting today.

Louise xx😊😊

Morning All,

I am up early this morning saying my goodbyes to my two boys… little Charlotte still asleep but she’s off to nursery soon.

Two neighbours want to see us before we go so will have a cuppa with them.

Lousinia people are so friendly everywhere you go but I think we are the strange English people πŸ˜€ A lot of Americans don’t even have a passport.

Audrey..
    Have a lovely cleaning day before Ian arrives back.

Ginette..
    Have a bit of a break but try and stay the same…

You are missed on here your input is always appreciated.

Kay..
    Well done on your 40 hour fast… you always do well.

Speak tomorrow in sunny uk

Jean x

Louise..
    Sorry you were over the page.

You are really doing well and getting those steps in..

Speak tomorrow

Jean x

Jean

Have a safe journey will be good to have you back..

Sat quietly now have been very busy, cleaned inside and out! Rather tired now and aching.

Back tomorrow have a good day all

Audrey

Hi all. Having a FD today – second bowl of chorizo soup will be mine all mine…after I’ve walked the dogs!

Happy new car day, Kay…hope it goes smoothly.

Hope you’re journey home has been a good one, Jean, and the jet-lag isn’t too bad.

Well done on getting any exercise when you’re feeling rough, Vi.

Sorting out will never be truly done…but enough for this holidays, nearly. A little bit of the study still to tidy, and some bits and pieces from whne we broke up my mother-in-laws place earlier in the year that need a more permanent storage spot than the corner of the study…but otherwise I’m nearly ready for the second part of the holiday. One sewing project that’s been drifting on is now finished, and the sewing part of the study is sufficiently clear for the cutting out to begin for the next project…my second double wedding ring quilt – only about 2300 pieces to cut out before I start sewing…is that illustrative of sadism or masochism? I can never remember the difference. Suffice to say, I’ve always thought us patchworkers to be certifiable – we take beautiful fabrics, cut then into little pieces and sew them back together and try to convince everybody that the fabric is now more beautiful than before!

Mx

Hi guys, can I join you please, I live in Scotland am a mum of an 11yrs old daughter and married and am also extremely over weight, I am 5′ 3″and just weighed in this morning at 20.7 stones (am gutted), any way first fd going well, hope to stick to 5:2,and would love a little support and a place to moan and groan, not too much I promise.

Hi all Minols I laughed at your description of quilting so funny…

Louise and vi hope you are both feeling better.. Vi enjoy your meal you deserve it…

Carol (cmum) are you ok? Hope you are getting sorted out after your holiday…

Caspdexy.. what an unusual name… of course you can join us we are a friendly group of mainly brits.. and I think mostly women, very friendly. We have lots of support and advice to give plus lots of encouragement here…feel free to join us, moan away we all do LOL πŸ˜†πŸ˜†…HEHEHE

Audrey

Thanks for the welcome Audrey, it took me ages to get a username it would accept this is a combination of my 2 cats names lol.

Wow, how good does cabbage and broccoli taste, with just a bit of salt and pepper and a huge dash of hunger lol, and for the first time in my 45yrs managed to poach a perfect egg. This is where I will struggle am already looking for my sugar fix, but I will resist.

Well done Caspdexy that’s your first fast day over and done. ..

Congratulations. …

Audrey

Welcome and well done caspdexy! Thats the fasting done….ignore any hunger pangs and urges for sugar….its just your brain trying to trick you. Your body doesnt need it.

Kay

Audrey
    Enjoy tomorrow when Ian returns.

Minols
    I laughed at your quilting description too!
    Enjoy the rest of your week off.

Vi
    Well done for doing anything, let alone exercise when you are feeling rough. Hope you feel better soon.

Louise
    Im well impressed with you doing 13000 steps a day. Unless I go out for a full on proper walk (5 miles+) I struggle to get the steps up. Im going to have to build in a 45 min walk into my days to keep the step count up to where it needs to be.
    And you are keeping to your 800 cals too….you will definitely be rewarded with your hard work. When will you your diabetes get checked again?

Ginette
    Take care of yourself and come back when you are ready.

Well today I picked up my new car (well 3 years old) and Im really happy with it. Much more room for the dog and it will be much easier when we go camping, as long as I dont just take more stuff to use up the room!
    Afterwards we went walking in the New Forest before heading back home and I have clocked up over 17500 steps already today.
    I havent eaten today but I am about to have some broccoli and carrots with soya mince, onions and gravy which will be just over 300 cals and that will be it for today, so good FD but not fluids only. If Neil had used quorn mince instead of the soya my meal would have been lower but he didnt realise!

Ive counted up my expended cals and my intake over the last 7 days and I have a deficit of over 4500 so thats got to help hasnt it??

Anyway…weigh in tomorrow morning will be what it will be, which thanks to my IBS, will be up again…hahaha
    But Im working tomorrow so that will keep me busy and ok to not eat until after I get home, which will be just after 6.30pm.

Have a good Friday everyone.

Kay

Hi All…

Sat in Lafayette airport one hour 15 mins delay that’s before we start..☹️️
    We are going to have to run to get across Atlanta Airport in an hour.. quite large and catch a mini train… hope the cases can run!!!

Minols..
    I love these quilts they are so beautiful lots are made in the states.
    I love the chopping down and remaking.. how do you find the time? On the sewing machine I hope…

Casp..
    Welcome to our corner always shout if you need any help.. someone always about.

Audrey..
    Time to relax after all your jobs finished… we need to wash our caravan outside.

Enjoy Ian’s return.

Kay..
    You are always positive and do good fasts.

Vi..
    Hope you are feeling better now later in the day.

Good luck to all the fasters today… We will be with you all on Monday πŸ˜€

Jean x

Thanks everyone for the welcome, I will stay strong, kay, I also love to camp with my daughter, but never have enough room when playing car tetras lol.

Evening Everyone and welcome Casp,

Im very new to this forum and everyone on here is lovely, supportive and very knowledgeable on the fasting/dieting front 😊😊.

I’m feeling much better this evening 😊😊. Only managed 6,000 steps today which is very unlike me. Going for a long walk tomorrow listening to Gloria Estefan (am I showing my age lol).

Hi Kay, I get my next diabetic check on the 18 November, which falls after my 8 week marathon on the sugar diet. I am really hoping they will see a big difference 😊😊. Wow 4,500 deficit that will definitely make a difference well done.

Hi Audrey have a lovely weekend with your man 😊.

Hi ginette,
    Nice to hear from you. Look forward to seeing you back soon. 😊

Hi Jean

I hope you aren’t delayed too long. Safe journey home. 😊X

Hi minols,
    Your quilts sound amazing and beautiful. You are very gifted, I can’t even knit lol 😊.

Hi vi,

Hope you are feeling better soon 😊

Apologies to anyone I av missed I will try harder next time lol. Good luck to all those fasting tomorrow.

Louise 😊😊xx

Hi all

Hope everyone ok. A bit manic at the mo and have only got one fast day in this week plus just sandwiches today. Everything is all over the place at the mo. Looking forward to getting back to 5/2 and posting properly. Good luck to anyone fasting today or tomorrow and to our new posters.

Sarah x

Morning all

Sat here waiting for Ian to get back to the caravan then the holiday can start. I cant believe it’s the end of the season so soon, this year has flown by…

I will post as and when I can for the next week or so but should be home by a week on Tuesday at the latest.. I hate packing the van up for the year it’s so sad…

Hope everyone has a good day fast or non fast…keep posting and remember together we are stronger

Audrey

Hi All,

Back in sunny England… No..lol

Update on my flight…when we got to Atanta our plane arrived in at 6.30 at the gate… our next plane departed at 7.10 from a different terminal. The flight girl asked everyone to stay seated while about 20 of us departed quick to catch different connections, I thought that was very sweet of her.
    We really moved caught a train and dashed to boarding, it was closed but they were waiting for 6 of us, what a close call…we thought the cases wouldn’t make Manchester but bless they was on the flight!

We both feel very jet lagged, shattered and cold..worse than I have ever felt. It was worth it πŸ˜€ we have had a lovely time.

Audrey..
    You are closing down the caravan for winter! So your last week enjoy and make the most of it.

Sarah..
    Let’s get us both back on and fasting. Our first fast will be Monday and Thursday then seeing what the damage is at next Friday weigh in.

Louise..
    Hope you get your steps in today….my Fitbit will be back on tomorrow..must remember to charge it.

Have a good day everybody

Jean x

symba, nice to hear something positive about Atlanta airport!

Afternoon all, I woke today very much in my old diet mode, constantly thinking about food and dreading the never ending starvation of being on a diet, but have just returned from a lovely last lunch out with my friend and kids, before they go back to school next week, and am not hungry or grumpy any more, might take my brain a whole to realise this is a different kind of diet !!!, hope you all have a good day x

Hi all

Had a quiet day with Ian was nice to catch up we don’t speak much when he is working it’s all sleep eat work repeat!

Hope you are all ok.

Jean welcome home you have been missed…

Caspdexy this is not a diet it’s a new way of life LOL you will soon get used to it…stick with us..

Off now will post again tomorrow have a great weekend everyone

Audrey

Evening everyone,

I’m back lol, walked 21,000 steps today 😊. Fell so much better with a bit of fresh air in my lungs lol. Made a lovely bolognaise and courgette spaghetti it was yummy and under 300 calories 😊😊

Welcome home jean glad you arrived back in sunny England safe and sound 😊😊.

Hi casp, I promise the thinking about food all the time does pass. Make sure you are drinking at least 2.5l of water/liquid a day as this helps a lot 😊😊.

Hi Sarah hope you are well 😊😊

Hi Audrey, enjoy your last caravaning holiday for the year. Can’t believe it’s gone that fast 😊😊

Good luck to everyone fasting or non fasting tomorrow.

Louise 😊😊xx

Evening all.

Caspdexy
    Well come to our little 5:2 family. You’ll get lots of advice and encouragement here. I was a similar weight to you when I started but I’m now 3 st lighter. This is after trying everything going so hang in there it works.

Audrey
    Settled back into my domestic routine but not the 5:2 yet. Have lost 2 lbs since getting back off hol so that’s a plus. After 3 weeks with my OH 24/7, I need some space. Its not been easy.

Not read all your posts as there’s to many to catch up on in the 3 weeks I’ve been away so I apologise now for anything I’ve missed.

Carol.

Hi All,

All very quiet on here.

I ate on the plane at 3am and then had 1 1/2 crumpets at 5 pm tonight, I always feel a bit queasy when flying….I will have breakfast tomorrow. Looks like nearly a FD for me a few hours short.

Audrey..
    Nice to have Ian back with you enjoy the last bit of summer.

Casp..
    It does get easier when you get your mind around it. You can have your treats out that’s the good way this WOL works.

Louise..
    What a lot of steps 21,000… I have never done that many….well done.
    I have put my Fitbit on charge for tomorrow, just like to know how many I am doing more like 6,000./.7,000 ish depending how my feet are ( arthritis)

Jean x

Morning All,

Lovely morning here today.

A late start for us, washing on and shopping later. Fridge empty so a full clean this morning before breakfast a surprise for Steve …lol…before re filling again. The 2 freezers also want a defrost on the list to be done before a re fill.

Pleased to say a good FD for us yesterday and a late breakfast today so more or less about right. We are having a easy weekend to get back in the swing fasting as usual on Monday. Staying away from the scales for a few days to balance out a bit…clothes are fitting ok so maybe only a few pounds up.

Have a lovely weekend everybody.

Jean x

Hey guys

I baked sandcookies with Iris today, they turned out nicely. Tomorrow the whole Fasting thing starts again. Wish me luck. Usually it like this: the worse I feel the worse my FD is, so I’m not looking forward to it. Anyone fasting tomorrow?

Hey Jean
    Nice to have you back. Good the clothes still fit, maybe it all isn’t too bad

Hey Audrey
    Enjoy your holiday, it would be a little cold for me in a caravan, but I’m sure you and Ian will have a good time

Hey Carol
    Nice to have you back, as well. Must be nice to get back into the swing of things

Hey Louise
    Wow, that’s a lot of steps, you must be doing really well

Hey Caspidexi(sorry if I mispelled)
    Welcome, we’re really friendly here. The good thing about this diet is that on NFD’s you can have what you like , within reason, that makes it easier to follow through on your Fast Days

Hey Ginette
    Sorry your not well, take all the time you need.

Hey Kay
    Has your deficit paid off yet?

Hey Sarah
    Hope you’re enjoying your break

x

hi Vi…

Your cookies sound very nice…sand cookies what are they like I don’t think we have them here.

Hope your FD goes well tomorrow, we are fasting Monday.

We caravan all the year round, we have triple insulation and central heating very cozy..πŸ˜€

Jean x

Hi all

I am fasting tomorrow Vi…

It’s our anniversary on Monday so out for a meal then.

For to dash have a good weekend all

Audrey

Hey Jean
    Sand cookies or zandkoekjes are the most basic cookies you could make, it’s made with flour, sugar, butter and one baggie of vanilla sugar, and they’ve always been my absolute favorite. What can I say, I guess I’m boring.
    That caravan sure sounds cosy =)
    I’m Fasting Monday, too (and tuesday and wednesday)

Hey Audrey
    Let; s do it tomorrow, then. How many years has that been for you?

x

19 married but almost 25 together now Vi. ..

Vi…
    You are not boring…I love baking but not a lot now…..have one for me..lol….

I have my new glass cake stand awaiting a cake πŸ˜€…..got it back safe and sound.

We will join you Monday fasting. May have a sneaky weigh in Tuesday 😬😬😬

Audrey..
    Happy Anniversary for Monday, enjoy your meal out.

Haddock and chips out this evening and maybe a drink out to finish our holiday off. Before the big push…

I have been busy, fridge and two freezers defrosted….ready like you to pre cook and re freeze again.

Ginette…
    Hope you will come back and join us it’s always better all together…try and maintain but pop by.

Carol…
    How has your holiday gone are you back with us yet….we both will possibly need to work together…lol..

I have just read you are needing a bit of space….you know were we are if you need a moan❀️

Louise, Kay, Minols, KT, Casp, and Sarah…
    How are you all today…a busy weekend for you all.

Jean x

Hi jean,

Busy weekend for me, Hubbie gone to Hong Kong so it’s me and the boys for a few weeks. Got rugby and golf all weekend πŸ‰β›³οΈ. Been spring cleaning, always like a good blitz when Hubbie goes away πŸ˜‚. Mum and dad over on Sunday for a tea of crumpets, tea cake and cake….all the things I can’t have what torture lol.

Hi vi, ginette, Kay, minols, kt, casp and Sarah. Hope you are all well and having a nice weekend.

Louise ☺️☺️Xx

Louise..

Have a lovely time always nice when you have mum and dad to yourselves always easier, chatting and relaxing.

I feel in a spring cleaning mode, coming back from Katies…spotless and with three children…a mess after school but that’s aceptable.

Very large like all American houses…I feel as if I am slipping a bit…clean and tidy but not like hers…mine possibly a third of her house πŸ˜„…must get my act together.

Enjoyed my meal out haddock and chips, bread and butter and a couple of halves Guinness…easy day tomorrow leading into a Monday FD.

Enjoy

Jean X

Evening all

Louise a crumpet isn’t too bad calorie wise… enjoy your time with mum and dad..

Jean fish and chips sounds lovely we have had hairy bikers sausage casserole. ..yummy..

Off now to watch x factor…

Night all

Aud

Another day of eating unfortunately. Going to start back on fast on Monday, hopefully.
    Still waiting for some quiet time but not happening.
    Jean
    Holiday was pretty boring really and way to long.The holiday was a river cruise and a tour through Austria, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia and Greece. Austria was nice but the rest were ex communist areas and very rundown and bleak. Glad I’m home, 24/7 with my OH is difficult, he talks non stop. Just want some silence now.
    Busy day tomorrow, family coming for dinner. Will get to see my grandchildren. I’ve missed them.

Carol..
    Join us fasting Monday..

Have a lovely day with your family and meal..

Sod him! Have your quiet time ❀️

I have been to ex com countries, I know what you mean…very sad really.

Jean X

Carol I am with Jean… enjoy your family time tomorrow and fast on Monday x

Evening all, busy morning shopping with my mum and daughter, but has been a miserable day of rain, so quiet afternoon , sausage cass for tea, will have my 2nd FD on Monday, family day tomorrow or in other words, washing day lol, hope you all have a good one.

Thanks Jean.
    Going to bed for some peace. Impossible to sit quietly in the same room. He seems to need an audience all the time. Its exhausting.

Yes Ill be back on the fast from Monday with you all. I think I need it now.

Good night all.
    X Carol

❀️X

Hello everyone

Jean glad you are back safe and sound and that your cake stand survived the journey. Vi I am going to be joining you tomorrow (sunday) for a FD after a truly horrendous week foodwise. My last FD was Monday amd since then everything has been haywire, hence a Sunday fast. First time ever but needs must. I am away for a few days next week so won’t fast again until Thursday but then plan to do Thursday and as late as possible or the whole of Friday to try to get back on track. Don’t dare weigh until next Saturday. Just hope I will have stuck to it amd sorted it our by then.

Hope everyone else is ok and doing better than me. You won’t be doing worse that is for sure.

Sarah xx

So it’s 9 in the morning and the fast day is blown already. …

Took dogs for long walk, started raining got wet through came home went for shower to get warm and when I got back to caravan ian had made cooked breakfast. … ah well there is always Tuesday. ..

Have a good Sunday everyone

Audrey

Morning All,

A rainy start here this morning.

Lovely breakfast back to my fruit today.

Bought a cordless Dyson, having fun playing with it..it’s sad really…little things…lol

After a good feast day yesterday I just came in under my TDEE but only just. I have been told we have to have a quiet week food wise starting today! Steve has decided to stop his sugar in his drinks, he has sweeteners but I keep telling him they are worse than sugar. We will see how he goes. (Booty we are listening..lol)

Hoping for a 800 day ish before fasting tomorrow.

Audrey..
    Hope you enjoyed your bacon and eggs after your walk….not too bad but not on a FD…lol…just enjoy your last few days.

Sarah..
    These weeks happen and too often. Have a good fast today then Thursday… enjoy your time away. Then get back on track.

Vi…
    Have a good FD today. Don’t eat to many cookies or are they finished? They would be if here.

Carol..
    Glad you are back and hoping you get some time on your own. Have a nice day with the family, enjoy your meal.

Casp..
    Hope your weathers better than ours to get the washing dry. A few of us usually fast tomorrow.

Louise..
    Have good family time and enjoy your crumpets they are not too bad.

We are just having ‘us’ time today.

Ginette..
    Hope all is well ……have a good day with Pam. Hope you have got her sorted out and she is accommodating your thoughts. X

Jean x

Hey Guys,

Low-cal fast day for me today, and tomorrow. Some blueberries this morning, and a cup of tomato soup, tonight

Hey Audrey
    Damn those nice guys, they’re always so caring! 19 years is a long time, I’m jealous.

Hey Jean
    It’s good to get back into the swing of things

Hey Louise,
    Have a good time with your family

Hey Capsdexy
    All that rain, blegh. Fortunately it’s sunny, here

Hey Sarah,
    Haven’t had a good weekend cal-wise either, so let’s be good this FD, huh

Hey Carol
    Just make a mental mute button for your husband, and enjoy your time with the rest of your family

Have a good day everyone
    x

Hi everyone 3+ weeks ago I started taking note of what I was eating. I stopped buying crisps, cakes, etc and lost 10lb I then went on the 5:2 programme and ate like there was no tomorrow. My first fast day was a disaster. Now my weight is going back up. Any suggestions folks.

Well that didn’t go to plan, was aiming for a healthy tea of poached eggs, but there was loads of mash left from last night, so made cheese and onion fritters (sounds better than they tasted) for hubby and daughter, but they didn’t want them, so I ended up eating them, not happy with myself, so to compound things have hit the chocolate fingers, hope my fast day goes better. Hope you are all fairing better than me.

Tikvah…

When you first start reducing all the bad things you are eating and loosing water at the beginning you will loose a lot…10 lbs is far more than people loose but a great loss.

Your first FD didn’t go well and you can’t eat all you like….you will put on.

You need to find your own TDEE, and stay well under it on NFD’s..you need your two 500 calorie FD s and stick to them…..your non FD’s try for 1200/1300 calories, use myfitnesspal app and count the calories at least for the first couple of months, weigh and measure…a pain but it works. On our Friday weigh in day we have it off, we have a meal out, a few wines, a bit of chocolate but still keeping under your TDEE mine is 1750 I keep well under.

If you have stopped all the naughties, you should loose weight.

Make a log of your weight, and log once a week, measure your bust, waist, hips and tops of each leg and log once a month. Sometimes you loose inches and not weight but you see it going down.

It will come off it should be 1 lb a week or maybe 2lbs

Jean x

Casp…

I have come in at just under 1000 calories. We changed our mind on a 800 day and had a chicken, Yorkshire pudding dinner really nice. No wine!

We usually have a small whisky glass of milk later that’s us for today.

Fasting now

Jean x

I need to get it into my head that eating normally doesn’t mean anything.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,951 through 7,000 (of 35,376 total)

You must be logged in to reply.