Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,905 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 1 hour, 29 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,701 through 6,750 (of 35,391 total)

• Hi all

Sorry to hear about your back Audrey. That sounds really tough!

Vi, Ginette, Jean and Steve, pleased you’re all going strong on your FD. Keep going, you are nearly there!

Kay and Audrey, yes I am on for tomorrow FD. Now I am so convinced by Jason Fung and he has me convinced I won’t be howling with hunger on a total fast, I have it in mind to do liquid only (not liquid chocolate – you know what I mean…) tomorrow and see how it goes. Not sure if I will get there but I can always revert and have under 500 cals at night if I don’t manage it. Kay I know you have dome liquid only, any tips or info greatly received

Sarah

Hi Sarah

I have done quite a few liquid days. .. I find an oxo cube helps me a lot and if I am craving sweet a hot sugar free vimto hits the spot…just keep repeating I can eat tomorrow lol 😆.

Didn’t mention my back problems for sympathy just to help explain why i have trouble with it… I have got used to it so I try not to let it rule my life, I know I will end up in a wheelchair eventually but not just yet….

Vi how is your day going? Keep strong everybody

Audrey

Hey Guys

So I had my soup, and Ron offered me a tiny meatball with spinach and garlic in it, so I think I’m at 350 cals. So maybe a little more than wanted, but I have two Fasting Days to go yet. I found full version Nicolas Sparks audiobooks online. Do you guys read him and if so; what’s your favorite?

Hey Audrey
    I know you weren’t complaining, and I respect not letting pain rule your life. Being dependant sucks, it’s one of the worst things about being in a wheelchair, Just keep doing what you do, and enjoy the time you have out of one.

Sarah, Kay
    I’m fasting tomorrow, too. If you do a liquid fast, more power to you. I can’t do it
    Glad your break was nice, Kay

Jean, how did you get on?

Ginette, doesn’t November sound a little strange for the Fast Beach diet? Just kidding. I read that book. I have that book. “Strandslank” I think it’s called in Dutch. But I found it too focussed on exercising regularly to be beneficial to me. Hope your FD went well
    x

Thanks Audrey. According to Jason Fung (my hero and I bet he is nice looking too) if you feel a bit yuk it is down to dehydration for which you need fluid and salt so The oxo must help with that. Still not sure if I won’t crumble by supper time but my intention is to give it a go. S

Well son weighed in with 1.5kg loss which he’s pleased with. My response was well done on the loss but think what you could have lost without all the carp you eat on the other days 😂. I did praise him, a loss is a loss after all.

Hi All,

That’s us done for today…371 calories for me. A small milk later before bed.

Well we are going away tomorrow until 14th October…I will be on my phone WiFi but my 9am will be your 3pm.

I can’t believe what Steve did today, while I had my toes painted I sent him shopping…we always take some treats on the plane, I think if the coffee/tea is bad or food not good….chocolate lifts it..small packets of maltesers, m ms peanut and m ms chocolate…he brought 6 bags of the biggest size going!! I was talking children’s snack size!

He definitely is on holiday! They are covering the 4 planes both ways….men! A good job I love him. Unless the children see them…lol..lol

I hope Carol is enjoying her self she won’t have wifi until she finishes her cruise and her land bit of her holiday.

Audrey, Kay and Sarah.
    Have a good FD tomorrow…liquid fast ummmm..good luck

Ginette and Vi…
    Hope you both are still going well.

Catch you when I can, I will try and keep up with the forum…I do miss chatting..lol

Jean x

Hehe, Jean, maybe you shouldn’t send him shopping when he’s hungry. At least, you – and the rest of the plane – will be ccovered =P
    Have a good holiday, where are you going, again?
    x

Sarah,

On Fung you can get him doing some presentations on line…I did 6 back to back …that’s when I bought his book.

He is very enthusiastic and dishy…lol..have a look about for them.

X

Vi…

Well it was our FD..his eyes as big as his belly…as we say. A free rein and he’s off…lol

We are going to Laffayette in Louisiana USA…visiting daughter, son in law and three grandchildren…it will be a bit hectic but looking forward to seeing them all.

Taking Xmas presents in two cases 23 kg each…hardly any clothes!!

I hope there’s a lot of weight off from everybody when I come back.

Jean X

Jean have a lovely break away and spoil those grandchildren rotten lol…

I must look for Dr Fung he sounds lovely.

I have heard from Lynda, hopefully she will be back with us soon, fingers crossed she has had family problems and health worries too poor girl.

Shirty tell son congratulations from me….

Well done Monday fasters, I am ready for my Tuesday fast day now. .

Back tomorrow

Audrey

BBC 2 …7 pm tonight and tomorrow night..don’t know how many.

‘Retreat’ in Thailand…all about fasting with about 10 different people.

Might be worth a watch and catchup

X

Thanks jean, will try to get it on catch up. ..

Aud

Hi Shirty
    Don’t be too hard on your boy…for some of us, the fact that we still get to eat junk on 5:2 is what makes it the only diet that works! I am getting better, though. That’s partly due to age (it’s not dignified for someone of my age to live on pizza, takeaways, bags of sweets, cupboards full of biscuits…!), partly it’s the responsibility of a husband/child (two people!) of my own to I’ve look after. But actually, now I’ve been doin -g this a while, the junk genuinely doesn’t taste so good…give him time and he’ll come good.

Mx

Enthusiastic and dishy! Sounds just the thing…lol…lol. I do like my husband honest. Well most of the time. We will try to lose loads and make you proud when you return! Have a fab time and at your target weight too. You can slink onto that plane! Could just go for an m&m now, but thinking non sugar thoughts from the hero!

Vi, you may not be able to do liquid but you seem to do a lot of FDs, many more than me. And to be fair not sure I will be able to get to the end anyway.

Well done Shirty’s son! Hopefully he will feel encouraged that it can work in his life and continue.

Sarah

Hi Jean

Sadly my fast day was more like an 800 day, just can’t get through it at the moment. I hope I shall be back on track when you are back. Have a lovely time, all those chocolates….. Thank goodness they aren’t here with me.

Hi Shirty

Well done to your son, he is doing well, it takes a long time to change our bad habits, one week is not enough time. I did change mine but seem to have picked them right back up again.

Back in stress mode at the moment and that is when it gets me.

Well done to all the other fasters who did have a successful day.

Here is the first extract of MMs wife’s book.

http://dailym.ai/2diomoq

The article is called

Lose weight the scrumptious way!!

If I didn’t know any better Id say Dr Clare Bailey has been reading my posts.

Quote from the article:

“However, you must cut back on sugary processed foods and starchy foods — including bread, pasta, white rice, processed cereals and potatoes — that raise blood sugar levels.”

She left out pizza.

Morning all

Fast day again for me today…Sarah I am trying to talk myself into a liquid day, I may join you so shout if you start to wobble and I will support you as best I can.

Ginette if you can manage 800 days why not pop another one or two into your week, would this work for you? Perhaps 4 3 weeks for a month or so? Hope this helps.

Have a great day all I am off to do my cleaning up now. Will be back later, keep in touch together we are stronger

Audrey

Hey Guys

How are you doing? It’s a drizzly sort of FD for me. Just had my strawberries. Tonight I’m having vegetable ribbons with tomato sauce and 30 grams of goat’s cheese, so that’s better than just plain soup, but I figured I needed to do two sober FD’s after my snacking weekend

Hey Ginette
    Sorry about your FD not panning out, but 800 is better than nothing, right?

Hey Shirty,
    That’s a big loss for your son. I wish I would lose 1,5 kg in a week. I like all the bad food like your son. Been doing this diet since August, and my liking snacks and pizza’s and fries, and chips hasn’t changed. Fortunately for me I never liked sugary things. Maybe I should just have that kind of stuff a little more often, that way I wouldn’t crave it so much. Anyway, my point was… it’s a real battle to change your eating habits

Sarah, Audrey, (and any other Fasters I may have missed), let’s try to have a good day

x

Hey Guys

How are you doing? It’s a drizzly sort of FD for me. Just had my strawberries. Tonight I’m having vegetable ribbons with tomato sauce and 30 grams of goat’s cheese, so that’s better than just plain soup, but I figured I needed to do two sober FD’s after my snacking weekend

Hey Ginette
    Sorry about your FD not panning out, but 800 is better than nothing, right?

Hey Shirty,
    That’s a big loss for your son. I wish I would lose 1,5 kg in a week. I like all the bad food like your son. Been doing this diet since August, and my liking snacks and pizza’s and fries, and chips hasn’t changed. Fortunately for me I never liked sugary things. Maybe I should just have that kind of stuff a little more often, that way I wouldn’t crave it so much. Anyway, my point was… it’s a real battle to change your eating habits

Sarah, Audrey, (and any other Fasters I may have missed), let’s try to have a good day

x

Morning All,

Just popping by before we leave. Doing the Manchester visiting en route…two houses with a lot of animals..it will be a challenge…we might even not!!

Ginette…
    800 day is better than no day…so well done

Shirty..
    Well done on his weight loss, that’s a good start.

Sarah and Vi..
    Good luck today on your liquid FD..hope it goes well.

Minols…
    You will get better with your junk food it’s a slow process..you are doing better a few no’s on biscuits.

Bigbooty..
    You make me laugh…you keep trying to convert us and although we are not there yet we are listening and trying…thanks a lot..lol..lol

Lynda..
    Hoping you will soon feel better and join us again..we are missing you.x

Audrey…
    Hoping your back improves and you can sort mum out…good luck to your FD too.

Steve is down another pound mid week weigh in…so he can keep it in the bank…lol

I will keep in touch but it will be a pain on the phone…so might not be able to type much

Take care and I want to see some weight off before I am back….throw it my way…lol..lol

Jean x

hope you have a lovely trip xx

Jean
    Have a fab time, enjoy being with your family and look forward to the occasional post from you.

Fellow fasters….Audrey, Sarah and Vi….lets do this!
    Im aiming for a fluid only FD today, feel like I need it after the weekend!

The way I get through it as plan lots of different types of drinks and particular ones to mark a meal time. I dont have milk in drinks so I dont limit my coffee and I have one if I start to struggle as I always see coffee as more food like than my herb and fruit teas!
    Its only for 14 hours as its over once Im in bed and we all know from MM that we are capable of fasting for much longer, its only our brain that stops us.
    I try and focus on the benefits of the fasting throughout the day. How the body really needs as long as possible without eating to properly rest and heal.
    And keep busy, even if its reading something or doing a puzzle or watching a tv programme. If I can get out and about and go for a walk or do some chores, even better.
    And I take one part of the day at a time and congratulate myself when Ive got over it. The sense of achievement at the end of the day is great.
    Remember we dont need that food today, its only habit and our brain tricking us. Hunger is good, its part of the fasting and feasting concept and we all know from eating less on a FD that those pangs of hunger, if you do get them, only last a short while and its seldom the hunger that causes us to eat or overeat.

So….thats how I will be spending today! Enjoying the break from food and helping my body to rest and get those health benefits, as well as helping with the weight loss.
    I can’t not do it, now Ive argued the case for it so well….lol
    And if I start to weaken and talking myself through it doesnt work I pop on here and ask for help.
    I would suggest people give a try and see for themselves how different your body feels the next morning but also remember that the actual 5:2 is based on eating 25% of your TDEE and not fasting completely, so if you try and do a fluid only and end up doing a 5:2 FD you havent failed!
    If it helps you, then keep that in mind when you go through your day, but I prefer not to give myself that ‘get out clause’ as an option.

Ginette
    A low day of 800 cals is fine and I agree with Audrey maybe add in another similar day?

Vi
    Drizzly day here too. Good luck with your planned FD, not that you need luck as you always seem quite strong on your FDs.

Shirty
    At least your son has made a start and thats a good loss and hopefully he will want to keep it up and slowly make those habit changes or at least some anyway.

Minols
    Hows it going?

KT
    Good to see you. Hope you are ok.

Catch you all later.

Kay

@symba,

🙂

My wife says I sound like a broken record.

Hi all my fellow fasters,

We have got through lunch time hope we are all staying strong. Just liquid so far for me…

We can do this, shout if you start to struggle

Audrey

Hey guys

Checking in, just had my final cals. Came in about 325. How is it going for you? We’re almost there, and tomorrow is my last FD! =D

x

Hi Vi

Well done on another successful day. I am still doing ok on my liquids… how are the rest of us doing?

Aud

Just checking in….almost 5.30pm and doing ok on fluids only.

Only 4 hours or so to go and its done! We can do this Audrey!!

Vi…well done…you have these FDs well and truly sorted!

Sarah, hows yours going?

Kay

Hi,

Well done on the fasters you have all done very well.
    I will maybe try a liquid only fast when back I may need it.

Just to say three large packets of sweets left behind 😇😇

Fish and chips tonight before flying tomorrow.. 2 Merlots.

Feeling a bit more settled managed all the animals.. Still got a sad hole …

KT…
    Nice to have you back.

Jean x

Jean

Glad you survived the day have a lovely time away. Hurry back we are going to miss you…

I am still doing ok but getting VERY HUNGRY… is it too early to go to get at 6.30? Hehe LOL

Hope all my fellow fasters are ok. Keep going we can do this

Audrey

Hi guys

Still on liquid only. Hope you are both holding out. Kaye, your post about it is really helpful and just what I needed! Audrey too, I just keep telling myself that I can eat tomorrow. Now I have got this far I am really determined to see it through. It helps that you are both giving it a go for liquid only too. It has also helped that I have had a really busy day work wise and managed to leave one meeting just before sandwiches and avoid biscuits at another. I just want to shower, watch a bit of TV and go to bed fast. Husband doing mac cheese for himself but it is not my total favourite so I amd not missing much! Hope we all of us make it through.

Vi, you are brilliant! A really low cal day and another tomorrow.

Ginette, 800 cals cannot be considered a fail. A low cal day! It is always about getting your head in the zone isn’t it.

Jean, have a lovely holiday, well done on ditching those sweets. Your holiday is probably just what you need to help to take your mind of the first few raw weeks when being at home must be worse and you will see your grandchildren so probably will have no time to think at all.

I can eat tomorrow…I can eat tomorrow and it is only hours away. Xx

Sarah

You know the song from Annie the sun will come out tomorrow.? well I sing “I can have food tomorrow bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow I will eat.”.. Lolo

Keep going girls we have this one in the bag… 1 more hour then bath and bed for me…

“tomorrow tomorrow i can eat tomorrow it’s only a day away” …

Your crazy food obsessed friend

Audrey

Audrey, are you still having those pangs? Just had a mug of veg boillion, like you oxo tip and it has helped. Think it’s the salt. Kaye hope you still staying strong. Going to be so pleased with myself if I make it.

Sx

Almost 8pm…and I have tv to watch now for a couple of hours, then bed 🙂

We can do this. Not worth spoiling it now 🙂

Hi all

I am off up for bath and bed now. Thanks Vi, Sarah and Kay for your company today… we made it yeah!

Ginette are you ok. Not like you to be quiet..

Night all

Audrey

Too true, not worth spoiling now. We’d be mad to! Sleep well Audrey. I am going to watch tv too and in bed for 10. Tbh not sure I am actually more hungry than a normal 500 cal FD.

Audrey, just seen your Annie post. HIlarious. Crazy in a good way! Safe in bed. Thanks for the support guys, really can’t imagine I would have done it unaided.

Sarah

Yayy….we did it. Off to bed now.
    Our bodies will really benefit from it.

Thanks for the support Audrey and Sarah, its easier when you are doing it together.

Now I have to make sure I dont spoil it tomorrow by feasting too much…lol

Healthy tasty meals I reckon.

Good morning all

Audrey is doing her happy weight loss dance scales actually gone down this week 1.5 lb… yeah now for the hard part I just need to keep it off.

Slow cooker Sausage caserole with a lovely baked potato for our meal tonight packed full of healthy beans .

Hope everyone is ok who is for a liquid fast again next week?

Have a great day everybody

Audrey

Hey Guys

Wow all you liquid fasters are real heroes to me! Audrey, I know that song “What food will I eat, tomorrow. Even though I’m starving I can feast.. tomorrow” lol. No seriously, you’ve all done so well. The idea is seriously terrifying to me, but maybe I will join you next week. Last FD today, just had my nectarine. If all goes well it will be a 350 max day, though it’s kind of miserable out. I’m really looking forward to my crackers with cheese spread tomorrow. And, yes, I have a very simple life, I never said I didn’t 😛

Have a great day
    x

Morning all. Well done on the loss Audrey! Sooo much easier doing this with friends. I am defintely up for doing it again. I am just debating whether I should do it again on Thursday when my next FD is. Not sure. But def up for next Tuesday again. Ginnette, how about joing us on a liquid fast?

Just had a small slice of wholemeal toast with peanut butter, one of my regular breakfasts. The other is porridge but I have a bit of maple syrup on it and make it with milk so it probably has a fair few cals in it. Your meals always sound lovely Audrey. I love those beany slow cooker things. We are having veg chilli tonight and jacket potato. My OH batch cooked the chilli yesterday. It is really nice and is one of his signature dishes, by which I mean it is one of only three edible dishes he can do. Lol.

Vi good luck on yet another fast day! I know it is difficult to weigh but is there anyway you can track how well you are doing? Do you feel you can tell by an item of clothing or by measuring?

If a simple life is looking forward to cheese and crackers then mine is too. One of my favourite things to eat and esp with a glass or two of red. The heroic Dr Fung is quite positive about red wine actually….

Have a good day all whether fasting or not.

Sarah

Morning All,

Arrived and booked in.. flight looks on time.. full flight.. I won’t be talking to Steve he’s on a different row.. full plane.

He said he will feel deaf!!! No talking from me!! No problem I will survive 7 hours… lol

Well done you fasters you all have done really well.

Weight movement Audrey well done good news.

Speak from America tomorrow..

Be good girls 😀

Jean x

Sarah…

We do half milk and half water for porridge on a FD in winter, less calories.

You can’t tell the difference.

Xx

Hey Sarah

I think I will ask Margreet to take my measurements, but it’s embarrasing because she’s beautiful and thin. My dad used to be like your husband – being able to cook 3 dishes – and now he does all the cooking and cleaning, a regular Cinderfella.

I think you all are my best friends, I really don’t get out much =P

Enjoy your meal

Hey Jean
    Have a nice holiday, and be good yourself =)

Hey Audrey
    Well done on your loss, I forgot to say earlier

x

I do the half milk half water trick in porridge and also make a coffee that way as a treat….

My sausage caserole is made with healthy sausage think this one is the heck ones and again you can’t taste the difference although I suppose it is less greasy… my tummy doesn’t like fat anymore,

My friend called round yesterday I haven’t seen her in a while and announced that I have put weight on and my bum is big again! Well that has perhaps given me the motivation I needed to jump back on board the 5 2 train whoop whoop.

I would like to point out that at one time we were the same size but now I am in a size 12 and she is in a size 18… I was really upset for a while but I guess she was being honest. ..

Will be back later off to do a walk on my treadmill, big bum indeed!!

Jean have a safe flight

Audrey

Audrey,
    That’s never nice to hear, but maybe it’s her envy talking because you were able to lose a lot, and she wasn’t. And you can always get back on track, we’ll help. Weight loss is hard, if it wasn’t everybody would be skinny.
    So, you let yourself go a bit? So what? Just put a line under it, and begin again..

Most of my family didn’t even see I had lost any weight, it can be disheartening

x

Thanks vi

I think it has given me a much needed kick up my big backside lol.

Ian says she is jealous because I look a lot better but anyway I am going to use the comments to do good the old me would have comfort eaten … progress YES…

Vi it’s awful no One noticed your loss but carry on anyway I will support you all the way my friend.. my saying on here is together we are stronger. … let’s prove it!

Audrey

Morning all – even though I’m late!

Lovely to read back through your chatter yesterday…well done on the fasting.
    Anyone else fasting today, or is it just me? Going to try again for an extended fluid day…started on the gum already!

I love porridge, and agree, you can make it with milk/water mix…what I can’t give up is crunchy demerara sugar on top. The boy, however, is always made to eat the ‘healthier’ runny honey and sultana version. I was brought up on the catch-phrase’ “Do what I say, not what I do”…said with a wink by my Dad, as he licked butter from a knife, so my Mum’s exaggerated horror!

Happy landings, Jean.

Mx

How charming of your friend Audrey! You will have the last laugh of course and well done on using it as an incentive! She will be even more peeved once she realises her remark helped you lose more weight….lol

Vi….cheese and crackers is one of my favourite things. Its also my downfall as I dont seem to have a stop valve when I start.

Sarah…my next FD is Thursday but Im probably ‘just’ going for a 400 cal one meal day. Haha how weird I say ‘just!’ I will decide tonight. But definitely another fluid only day next week.

Well done on the loss Audrey, its weigh in for me on Friday morning and Im staying positive.

Hows everyone else today??

Im eating normally today (not feasting) and Im allowing myself to eat what I want but only at 3 meal times. No snacking.

I looked at doing the blood sugar diet for October but its 800 cals a day and Im not sure I can do that.
    This is much more doable so I’m going to give myself a plan for next month, something a bit more targeted.
    Once I know what I will be working I can plan round that too.

Kay

Hi Minols

I’m Fasting, my last one at least until Sunday.. Ha! Your dad makes me laugh!
    I don’t know about porridge the don’t have that here. Unless it’s like Brinta?
    What’s your son, Callum??, been reading lately. I like kid’s books
    Good luck on your fast, in my opinion, you are awesome for doing a liquid.

x

Viewing 50 posts - 6,701 through 6,750 (of 35,391 total)

You must be logged in to reply.