Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,906 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 16 hours, 26 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,651 through 6,700 (of 35,392 total)

• Well done yesterday’s fasters…really good results!

Mx

Hey guys,

I’m ba-ack, and I’m happy about it. Though, all things considered thing could have been a lot worse. It was actually a pretty fun party. Robin is right at the cusp of puberty and boy, did it show. Marcel and Diana are about to have their hands full
    The scones were great and my dad bought a lot of cake and tart, and it was all gone by morning
    I made Floor a goodbye-card, she’s leaving next week
    It’s a NFD for me, I’m snacking with Marco =D

Jean, I hope that’s what you eat on a FD. Good job on your goal. No more tennis.
    Sarah, that;s 3 FD’s right? You’re doing well.
    Shirty, good going for your son. Now, if you could only get him to eat more healthily
    Minols, Good job on the super extended fast
    Kay, Sorry your fast didn’t work out. Didn’t catch why. I just sort of skimmed all the messages I missed

Back on full attention,now. Fasting starts again on Sunday for me
    x

Hi all back home safely. ..

Got lots to do sorry can’t stay had phone call about mum she is not too well…

Good luck to all

Audrey

Hi all

Just in, the forum has become the first thing I look at.

Vi Really pleased you had a good time after all and hope you enjoyed your snacking with Marco. I have done 3 weeks now so 6 FDs.

Glad you had a good time Audrey and sorry your mum is not well. I really know what that feels like and I found it incredibly stressful.

Jean, you are exactly where I want to be at 160lbs. I will just have to follow your example and work hard at it for a long time. Hope Symba is improved and you can look forward properly to your holiday.

Have been careful today but I will succumb to pizza, salad and wine tonight. X

Hey Audrey

Sorry to hear about your mom. Hope it turns out well

x

Took Symba to the Vets….she has gone to sleep.

X

Oh no, Jean, I’m so sorry. It’s always hard to say good-bye to a beloved pet. At least she had a good long life

x

Jean

Our thoughts and hearts are with you…

God bless

Aud

Jean, 22 years is a fabulous age. I had three kittens once who went on to 19,20 and 21 years. I think that is as good as it gets for cats. How lovely that she was so well looked after that she had 22 years of happy life. I know you will probably be feeling very raw at the moment though. Love through the airways from one set of cat lovers to another xxx

Hi Jean

Well done on your weight loss, so sorry to hear about Symba, that is a really long life, I know that disentangle make it hurt any less though. Take time to get through this xx

Hi Kay

I had to smile about your biscuit saga, I wouldn’t have cooed well, with one in front of me either.

Sarah

Well done on your loss.

Shirty

I hope your son gas good news when he weighs.

Hi Vi

Glad your day went well.

Audrey

I know that you would want to ve with your Mum at a time like this. Xx

Just a quick check in…

Jean…so sorry to hear about Symba. I know she was 22 years but that won’t make it any easier. I feel for you. I can almost feel that awful raw empty feeling.
    I don’t have children so my pets are even more special to me.
    Nothing can make it any easier. Just smile through the tears, with wonderful memories. xx

And Audrey, fingers crossed your mum is ok. What a worry 🙁 xx

Hi all

Just touching base this morning…life doesn’t feel right without a quick check on everyone.

Jean – so sorry. Our lives get wrapped around with the presence of our pets, don’t they. I think you’ve been coming to this decision for a while with Symba – from the bits and pieces you’ve shared here. Brave to take the decision.

Vi – so glad things were better than feared, and more memories were created.

Audrey – hope your family help with your Mum…it’s always easier if difficult times and responsibilities are shared.

Having a NFD today…was definitely not good yesterday so need to try better today because I don’t think I’ll be doing my usual Sunday Fast tomorrow. Have some important things at regular points of the day that I need to be sharp for, and I don’t want to be going to the later things tired…not fair on those who give up their time.

That’s the boy up and banging about upstairs, so off for my ‘good morning huggle’!

Mx

Looking but not posting today…thanks for your kind words…a bit raw..
    X

Morning all

Not gone to mums my brother has rang and said she looks a bit better today. We don’t think she has been eating or drinking much so she is back to Dr on Monday…

I have made a massive pan of Beef stew and dumplings enough for me to feed you all twice LOL 😊.

My back is slightly aching today so am resting now.

Have a good weekend all

Audrey

Hey Guys

It’s Saturday! It’s the last nice weekend for us Dutchies, so I;m going to try to get some sun, though right now it’s looking kind of dreary.
    My snacking was good, noot so good as I remember, though. Hopefully that will mean my constant hankering for it will cease..

Hey Audrey,
    Good news about your mom, could you just “scottie beam me up” and pop over to the Netherlands to share some stew with me. Take care

Hey Jean,
    Take all the time you need, we’re here for you if you need us

Hey Sarah
    Sorry about mixing up the number of FD’s you’ve done, I just got the idea that you haven’t been with us, all that long. Hope your pizza and wine was good

Hey Minols,
    So are we on for tomorrow? Enjoy the day with your boy

Have a good day
    x Vi

Thank you for your comments 🤗

Thought son was doing ok(ish) but came down to empty pizza box and 3 milkshake bottles plus empty garlic bread box (admittedly bread was cooked and in another container so not actually eaten it all). Not sure his head is really in the game 😒

Hi all

Very quiet on here today hope everyone is doing ok.

I am off to bed now had pain killers for back so ready to sleep..

Will be back tomorrow

Audrey

Hi

I am a Brit living in Portugal. I desperately need to lose weight and as there are no diet classes where I live, I thought I’d give this diet/support group a try.

I’m 61, 5′ 1 and weigh in at embarrassing 87.5 kg.

My target is to lose 15kg by Oct 1st 2017. My first goal is to lose 5kg by Dec 30th 2016. I hope this diet will help.

Morning all – and welcome Porcha. I’m afraid I’m not good with kgs, but whatever you need to lose, this thread has people who have lost lots, who need to lose lots, but most of all, who know it’s easier to lose with encouragement and a little bit of accountability. Nobody gives anyone a hard time – simply the act of telling someone what you hope for the day, and then whether or not that worked out, helps most of us be a bit better most of the time than we would be without the thread. (And when we’re feeling really rubbish about how things are going, there’s lots of encouragement) So enjoy!

NFD yesterday was pretty restrained for once, so I will start a FD today – Vi, are you fasting today? Anyone else? As I said, I may not finish it, if I need to feed the brain before tonight’s meeting – but if I do that, I’ll pick another day to catch up later in the week.

Lost a pound at weigh in this morning, so feeling chuffed!

Hope everyone’s weekend has been going well.

Mx

Morning all

Have weighed in scales are back up again. .. not suprise st it’s weeks since I last weighed in and I have been to mums and away at the caravan since then!

Minols I may try a fast day with you today, but as the back is pretty bad may not survive but will be here either way…

One more holiday left in October then hopefully can get back into the swing of fasting again.

Ginette how are you doing? Hope everyone is having a great weekend

Welcome Porcha lots of support on here keep in touch shout if you need help or advice

Audrey

Morning Minols and Audrey and anyone else who is up and about. Sorry to hear about your back Audrey. That sounds a lot to cope with what’s happening with your mum as well.

Hey Vi, don’t worry about getting my FDs wrong, i find it difficult enough tracking my own! I was interested in your comment about snacking not being as good as you remembered. I think i do that a lot, think that I must have some type or quantity of food and in the end it is a bit disappointing. Hope you have a really good day.

I have had two dreadful non fast days. Both Friday and Saturday were ridiculous. I have only done six FDs but so far so good with those, but I think I am in danger of undoing all my good work by completely overeating and the wrong things on my non FDs. I had a lovely day yesterday with daughter and two grandsons 6 and 3 who are totally gorgeous (not that I’m biased or anything).

We had a lovely walk and highly successful conker gathering session, lunch at my house then a visit to a farm park in the afternoon. My daughter too a picture of me from behind walking along with the 6 year old. I had been telling her how much I had to lose and she was encouraging but couldn’t believe it was 40lbs. Well you could see exactly where it is in that photo! Grim! I have to stop overeating on non FDs. I would say it was not quite a binge but not that far off. Crazy!! So annoyed with myself.

I am reading The Obesity Code by Jason Fung and it is riveting in what causes overproduction of insulin and how if you don’t stop eating the foods like refined carbs you are making the battle very hard! I am only a third of the way in. I am sure some or maybe all of you will have read it but if not, it is very convincing. Later in the book he goes on to talk about intermittent fasting.

Hi Shirty, were the pizza boxes on a non fasting day at least? I notice there is a thread on the forums especially started for guys. I wonder if your son might find that helpful.

Nice to meet you Porcha, as Minols said there is a lot of help here. Despite my recent bad eating, I really believe you can fit this diet into your life long term without it being very prescribed or the need to join a club. It isn’t a quick fix as everyone says. I have lost 5lbs in three weeks, but I am 57 and have been a bit overweight for a lot of that and had tipped over into obese just before I started. Horrid word that! It is very simple and you can just start. Hopefully you will find it helpful to let us know how you are doing.

Thinking about you Jean.

Good luck today Minols and anyone else who is fasting today.

Sarah

Hey Guys

It’s Sunday, so a FD for me. Minols, Audrey, let’s do this.

Sarah,
    I never had that feeling before, so it was a bit new and even a bit unsettling to me. Don’t worry too much about the over-eating, you’re just starting. Your body and your mind will just have to get used to new habits. It can take some time. I have never seriously tried to lose weight before, though, so I don’t really know.
    I”m also taking a break for reading nutrition books. If I have to read one more time how excessive sitting will eventually kill me, I will pull my hair out. And I have a lot of it =)

Hey Porcha,
    Welcome. I’m small too, maybe 5’1, so I know what it’s like to feel like every kilo looks like 5 kilo’s. I think your goals are very do-able. Good luck and let us know how it;s going for you

Hope everyone has a good day
    x Vi

Morning All,

A bit of a roller coaster ride at the moment, grief hitting us both big time….Steve opened the chocolate digestive biscuits a bit of a need I think only about 4 eaten…They have been in the cupboard about 4 months! a glass of Merlot each.

As they say…Love and Grief, walk hand in hand…you can’t have one without the other..

Glad we are going away Tuesday a bit of us time, away from home and daily memories. (Cancelling the holiday was on the cards but the Vet took that out of our hands, she wouldn’t let her come home for the weekend she was just too ill, fading away, tired and old).

Cleaning the garage loft out a bit today, keeping busy, taking stuff to the tip and a cleaning downstairs.

Audrey..
    I am glad mum is a better than you thought, rest up with your back. Hope your FD day goes well…scales are wavering a bit at the moment.

Vi..
    Enjoy your snacking don’t forget it’s feasting and famine what moves the weight.

Minols…
    Well done on your pound off. Have a good FD a busy day for you.

Ginette..
    Has the decorating started…are you getting back on track maybe the winter months with soup and will get you and Audrey back on the Wii..

Sarah..
    We usually eat/drink a bit Friday and Saturday then Sunday have to be thoughtful and good the rest of the week. It works for us……as I said to Vi…it’s feasting and fasting!

Fung is a great book I am with him all the way, another one..Dr Robert Lustig…The bitter truth about sugar….both books seem to go together MM goes with both the thoughts too.

Shirty..
    Hope your son gets back on board it is hard to start with.

You may have seen, in the main thread at the bottom..before and after pictures ( I think).. MM shows two pictures of himself, my hubby joined me when he realised it wasn’t just a women ‘thing’.

Porche..
    Hope you are joining us, welcome to our corner, shout if you need any help or advice.

Have a good day all…fasting or not

Jean X

Jean,

Glad you are back it’s been too quiet without you what are we going to do when you go to the states? Hope you are beginning to heal a little I think it will do you good to go away for a while to take your minds off things.

Shout if you need me you know how to reach me, I am almost a stone up from my lowest weight of the year…. I need to stop the gain now. ..

Have a good Sunday

Audrey

Just back from town, of all the things to crave I am craving home made pea, ham and vegetable soup!

Oh well it’s better than cream cakes and chocolate. .. I have bought a joint of ham and it’s nicely cooking away, it will be a suprise for ian too when he gets up, something nice to put on his sandwiches for work lol..

Hope everyone is doing ok and enjoying a lazy Sunday.

Audrey

Audrey..
    Are you saying I talk too much thought you was my friend…lol…lol

Don’t worry I might be 6 hours behind you but if I am about I will be popping by…on my phone which is a pain but I will try my best..

Soups a good idea and in the right direction…you know I like home cooked ham, enjoy..

You wasn’t far off you goal …I really do think it’s after you have been on the 5.2 a while…..it’s like hitting a brick wall it’s hard to get through it…..Ginette same time scale as you..and finding things difficult at the moment.

Jean x

I know Jean it’s hard to keep going but I am no quitter I will get my head back in the right place and re start again. ..

I was frumpy at forty, fat at 50 but by 60 I want to be slim… and my 60th is next year so I am on a deadline now… lol 😁

Audrey

I know you will get there…xx

Hi Shirty

It is difficult for some in the beginning, the sad thing about being overweight is we are the only ones who can choose to lose it. Other people can tell us until we are blue in the face but it is only our thoughts that will get us there.

I hope your son finds a reason to lose weight soon and makes the decision, it is hard in the beginning, just support don’t nag him, I know how difficult this can be.

Hi Vi

Glad your weekend is going well.

Hi Sarah

Audrey and I are in this boat at the moment, it is so frustrating. Let’s hope we all get back to being good.

I will find you a link to a book that MM wrote about blood sugar, it is called the 8 week blood sugar diet, the mail is serialising bits of an updated book his wife has written (she is a GP). I shall put the links here.

Hi Porcha

Welcome to our thread. Lovely people here who will help and support you, also a place to have a good moan, let out our frustrations and share stories. In stones you are about 13.7 for the people here, I too have to look kgs up.

This way of losing weight does work. We have all lost weight in varying amounts.

Just shout if you want any help.

Hi Audrey

I’m sorry to hear about your back, gammon is my favourite Sunday meat. You can forget the others, I told Pam I would be happy with sausages today. I like chicken during the week and occasional fish, I must try that turkey mince. I have some quorn that needs using up though now that it is winter again.

Like you I am no quitter, we seem to be trading water but the current is baking us drift back at the moment.

Winter is a better find time for me, until Pam cooks her stews……. Stew without dumplings is like roast dinner without potatoes.

Hi Jean

I hope you are both coming to terms with life as it us now, it us so difficult. The oldest I have had a cat is 14 and it is dreadful the to part with them. As I have two the other one also grieves so I get another one soon as I can’t bear one looking to see where the other one has gone.

It is the most dreadful thing to lose someone who relies on you, thinking of you both xx

I shan’t mention this again as I know that sympathy is a reminder of what you have lost.

Back to eating, don’t worry about the biscuits. Getting back on track will help you both bit take the weekend off first xx

Hi ginette

I do love my winter meals also.. I batch cook my stew and add dumplings at the end but I only freeze them 1 in each portion so it only adds 80 kcal but it makes it look soo much better.. that’s not to bad then is it I made 8 portions of stew yesterday 2 to eat then the others for freezer meals. .

My soup is now bubbling away and this time I have added a little leek to it, I love experimenting with my soups each one is slightly different, this one comes in just under 300 kcals but is packed full of flavour. . my freezer is getting full of my ready meals now it must be nearly winter lol 😊

Perhaps next week I will make some slow cooker chilli con carne another favourite winter fast meal…

Hope you are having a great sunday, love to all

Audrey

Hi Audrey

That is how I do my quorn mince, in the slow cooker, I know it can be quite bland but u have a secret ingredient to pep it up, fajita spice!!

Hi Sarah

This is the article on the book I mentioned earlier, primarily created for diabetics, people also do it to lose weight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3804919/The-amazing-stories-women-lives-transformed-revolutionary-regime.html

KT who we haven’t seen here in a while was doing this. KT is all ok with you?

Coffee are you still reading this?

Thanks again for comments.
    Yes pizza was consumed on NFD so not all bad I suppose. I know all about your head being in the right place as I was overweight most of my sons life. My head was in the right place for me to lose 3.5st and keep it off for 10yrs now. I know how I felt all those years and don’t want my son to go through that. I know he has to want to and I think he does but is a binger (like me 😏). Weigh in for him tomorrow so we shall see.

He can’t give up chocolate but has at least asked me to get low cal choc/biscuits so any recommends will be really appreciated, thanks in advance 🤗

Will have a look for the men’s forum too.

Hi Shirty

I buy Adsa chocolate mousse then freeze, it takes far longer to eat, biscuits are a real no fir me, give me a packet and I would carry on eating them, Jaffa cakes are the only ones I buy occasionally, the own brand ones though. I might try freezing those they wouldn’t go down so easily. Xx

Hi vi and Minols

I am through my fast day ok and just about to head upstairs for a long hot bath then bed. .

I am under 500 kcals for the day, hope you are both doing well too.

Back tomorrow goodnight all

Audrey

Go gal well done, have a nice bath.

Xx

Hey Guys

My FD went well, too. Was able to stick to strawberries and soup. Hopefully, the same kind of day tomorrow

Goodnight
    x

Thanks for the book references Jean and Ginnette. I will take a look. I am finding Jason Fung compelling. I have read a bit about the BSD but thought it would be difficult to live with. As 5/2 seems to be working for me in terms of loss, I think I will be sticking with it. Early days yet I know.

Well done Vi and Audrey. Hope you had a good day and achieved what you wanted to Minols.

Good luck to anyone fasting tomorrow. I will be doing my first FD of the week on Tuesday.

Sarah

Hi Sarah

It is only 8 weeks, we sometimes do the fast beach diet, in fact I think we agreed do do it again in November as a knead up to Christmas, that is stricter than just 5:2, but has that at its heart.

I will post a link to the extracts as they appear next week.

Well done Audrey.

I hope everybody had a good weekend. Xx

Hi All,

A miserable and dull day.

We are fasting today.. Vi with us anyone else…

Going to have my toe nails done again today, I had them done Saturday they were terrible she must of been having a bad day! Could really be doing without it.

The car tyre has a really slow puncture Steve thinks we ought to have it looked at, standing in the car park for nearly three weeks don’t want it flat on returning.

Well done on the fasters yesterday.

Have a good day all.

Jean x

Morning all

Successful day yesterday for me, showing a slight loss on the scales this morning.

Ginette I am having to leave the wii for this week my back would not cope with it but let me know if you get yours out…

Good luck to all the Monday fasters have a great day all

Audrey

Hey guys,

A nice soft day. Fasting again. Haad my strawberries, will have my soup tonight.
    Jean, Steve, let’s do this thing. Holler if you need moral support

Audrey
    I have a Wii too, but obviously I can’t play Wii fit or Zumba or some such things. But on the plus side Wii Rosort or Sports or even Play is a real work-out for me.
    Sorry about your back. I have scoliosis of 45 degrees on one side (on the other it’s a little more modest) and that can act up a lot too. For me Advil liquid caps 400 help. Maybe a hot water bottle when I’m in bed. Or lavender shower-gel

Have a good day everyone
    x

Hi vi

I have arthritis and spondylitis in my spine and also scoliosis. .. my spine is fused to my hip at the right hand side! I try to keep going as much as I can but at times the pain is pretty bad. I do try and avoid medication as much as I can I have a tens machine and a pain gone pen and also I use a lot of herbal remedies. ..I find arnica really good for my arthritis. ..

Listen to me rambling on I sound like an old croak… hehe

Have a great day I do applaud you for all these fasts it cannot be easy I find 2 or 3 a week more than enough..

Audrey

Vi…
    How’s the fasting…ok

We are doing well here

X

Hey Jean

Yes. it’s going fine here. It’s about 14.00 here, and my hard time always pops up around 16.00 =)

x

Hi Vi…

Yes I agree it is when it gets hard….for us it’s between 1 to about 4….we are not out and about today so it is harder.

Keep going…lol…lol.😇

X

Hi Jean

Yes I’m fasting today, I thought I was going to the nurse for a fading blood test, but I had an early call it was cancelled due to illness. Now on 5th October.

Yes you are right to get that slow puncture fixed, nothing will be more annoying than coming back to the car and having to sort that out before going anywhere.

Hope you and Sreve do well today, I have some soup later. Not sure after that.

Hi Audrey

I wasn’t planning to start this week and I hope to get the urge to paint later in the week.

Take things easy with your back the way it is.

Hi Vi

Stay strong, find something to do with your hands that will keep you busy.

Hi all
    Im back home. Had a lovely few days away although this morning the weather was terrible and we had to pack away the tent wet so we will need to put it up in the garden in a day or to to dry it out!

Just caught up on the posts. Well done everyone who fasted yesterday and good luck to those who are fasting today!

Audrey, hope your back pain simmers down a bit.

I need to get back on track. Ive eaten what I wanted over the weekend but I have walked about 8 miles every day, so it could have been worse!

I am going for a FD tomorrow, anyone else fasting tomorrow? Sarah?

I think now that the summer is definitely over and there are no more camping trips etc, it will be easier to get into a routine.

I did think I was going to start my new job tomorrow, but Ive not heard from them so maybe it wont be until next week. That will help as I can plan my fasting around my shifts 🙂

Will catch up with everyone later.

Kay

Hi Kay

Welcome back, I’m sure you are right, routine really helps. I had friends who spent the weekend caravan I g they had sun and it was quite hot in the south, a bit unexpected really. X

Ginette..
    Glad you are back fasting, hope the soup goes down well.

Car tyre didn’t get done, he is leaving it till we come back….hope we don’t regret it.

Kay..
    Glad you got lots of walking in…sometimes it’s nice to get off the 5.2 it makes it better to get on track again.

Hope you get the tent died off, it’s a bit of a pain our awning is like that sometimes.

Audrey..
    You sound in a bad way with your back, no wonder you hit the pain a lot.

Vi
    Hot chicken with a salad for dinner….smells coming from oven now…keep going.

Jean x

Kay

Welcome back glad the camping went ok.

I will join you in your fast tomorrow. …

Glad everyone seems ok, have a great evening, Monday fasters you are nearly there now keep going strong.

Audrey

Viewing 50 posts - 6,651 through 6,700 (of 35,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply.