Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,904 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 5 hours, 34 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,151 through 6,200 (of 35,390 total)

• Morning Again,

Been out and done a bit of shopping and had a coffee and small biscuit, just to break up the day.

Anna…
    I am trying to change food habits and my taste buds, we have changed our food a great deal since December when we started 5.2 again. My food bill cost is half what it used to be which is really good. All my food is cooked from scratch but that has always been the case, our portion sizes have gone much lower. I miss baking cakes…although I make scones as they have hardly any sugar, freeze them and they are our treat.

I am cooking Indian food and I wonder if I put veggies in…would I know? At one time I wouldn’t eat Indian but I do count the calories and I only have small portions. One chicken breast between both of us.

Audrey..
    What are we going to do with you….I knew you would be off like the clappers once you felt better…rest up or your body will make you!!

Have a good FD.

Vi…
    I have 10 more pounds to loose to get to 11 stone/ 154 lbs, I am 5′ 8″….I have just moved it down lower to that weight…I then want 3 more pounds off to move up and down! (It would then be then 38lbs off altogether 😀 to finish)

My waist is 32″ is now lower than half my height 68″ which shows I am healthy, and my BMI is 24.9 which is just in healthy range also.

Steve has another 1 stone/ 14 lbs to loose, he is 5′ 10″….I think a bit more off really but we will see.

How much do you have to loose?

Cmum..
    Hope you pull back today…don’t get stressed ❤ī¸

James..
    You are going to have to feed yourself then say when you are visiting ” you have just had a big meal and sorry you are full” and just have a coffee!!

We never visit anyone on a FD and also never have people to the house on a FD. We are always ‘ busy’ diary is full.!! It’s just so much easier. My daughter comes to visit and we visit her but she understands 5.2 so she is the only one.

Chicken and chips about 800 calories..drinks? Good but not that good..but maybe better than usual…lol ..good luck on your next FD.

Minols…
    Enjoy your bacon butty…changing our day off to tomorrow…so another mindful day for us. I can see you doing all your calls on your cycle it’s a good day for it.

Audrey and Anna..
    Have a good FD keep going….

KT…
    Hope your FD went well yesterday

Kay..
    Hope you soon feel better..2 1/2 pounds up you will soon get it off ….it’s just upsetting

Speak later

Jean x

Oh Kay

It seems we are both eating yo make ourselves feel better. ..it never works does it?

Hope you feel better soon

Aud

Hey guys

Jean
    I’m hoping to loose 12 kilo’s hopefully a little more, I think that’s like Steve. So we have far to go still (I think)
    Good on you for eating indian food again. Veggies are good for you, you know that 😛 ( I should talk, doing better though) And Sunday Marco and I are trying my spiral cutter, so I’m sort of exicited. Man, my life sounds lackluster

Kay,
    Don’t feel too bad, tomorrow is another day and it’s supposed to be cooling down tomorrow

Audrey,
    Good luck, keep strong

Cmum,
    I think it’s just the weather getting us in this “I-don’t want-anything” mood

Anna, your meal sounds amazing. Good your day is going well. As for the gym and excersize: you have to remember that one wheelchair- bound person isn’t like the next. My arms don’t stretch/ extend. My back is instable. I have no control over my legs. And I basically need help with everything. I don’t have a job, and was kicked out of Uni. I could go on, but it’s just depressing 😉

Hope you’re having a good day
    x

Kay,
    Envious you are healthy on a pesco diet, that’s what I was on when I referred to vegetarian (many people don’t seem to know what pescetarian is, so I always found saying veggie easier). I suppose everyone’s body is different. Keep it up, it’s an amazing diet.

Vi,
    I see, sorry for just assuming 🙁 I hope that your mood lifts up though 🙂 we are all here for support.

I am hungry now and trying to not think about food, eek.

Anna, that’s ok. Everbody does it =) Yesterday I was depressed because of that book. Thanks to you guys, that’s all more in perspective now. I feel fine today. I just don’t really like to place a lot of emphasis on all the stuff I can’t do, you know. Stay strong, this is always the hardest part of my day as well on a FD

xx

Spent so long reading all the posts it’s nearly to time to get to school for the boy! So impressed with how everyone’s doing and, Vi – an hour on an arm back…wow!
    Jean – I always reckon that it takes another week for a ‘well-behaved week’ to show on the scales, so stay good…the loss will be there next week. It’s why we think we can get away with a bad week – it doesn’t show immediately, but it will show, and by then we’ve decided we can get away with another bad week! Oh, it’s so good to be bad!
    Right, off for the boy and then the dogs to walk while the weather is so beautiful.
    Have a good slide into the weekend everybody.
    Mx

Yeah, Minols, it’s a bike that you move with your hand. Is that really true about bad weeks showing up a week later?
    And I love to be bad, too
    X

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all having a good day. Thank you Anna for your good wishes! :-)Had my first FD and was ok with it. Went into school for about 4 hours which really did keep me busy-it was very hot so I drank lots of water which helped. And in the evening did lots more school work on my laptop.

However, today was very strange. I have been out shopping with my 17 year old daughter ( pure joy!) and I didn’t want to eat anything. It was like I was worried to undo any good that may have happened yesterday. Is this normal?? So far today I have had a chicken salad, water, black coffee and a diet coke.

Symba-well done to your daughter for sorting her classroom out….this is the latest I have ever left it to get organised. Wow…what great results with your measurements, that is fantastic.

Ginette-I am management too-Deputy Headteacher-you are so right about the stress and has a huge part to play in my weight increases over the years!

Hope everyone else is having a good day and hope the sun is shining where you are…still lovely and hot here. 🙂 XX

Moisy…

I feel happy with loss and measurements but it’s slow…I am now half a pound a week loss it’s going down..I will get there. Getting near the end ish…

My daughters is an Assistant Head, her school is very large, so there are 4 Assistant Heads.. She is in charge of the 90 place nursery, 2 X 30 place reception classes, 2 X 30 year One and 2 x 30 place year Two. She splits half her time teaching with another assistant Head, they swap..then other half dealing with other things throughout the full school to help the Head.

You all work really hard I don’t think the public realises, she is always busy at night and at weekends, likes to get two or three weeks ahead of her self. When the children come into her reception class more than half can’t speak English, by the end of reception year, they can speak, read and write it’s amazing.

She to struggles with her weight too many cakes and biscuits in staff room..lol

Jean x

Moisy,
    I find it normal not being too hungry the next day. I think your body probably gets used to not having any food. Kind of “accepts it” I suppose. You can go on for a while but they you start getting symptoms of dizziness and once you start eating you can’t stop almost. That’s what I have found with me at least. I always have food the day after to avoid potential bingeing. You kind of tell your body “It’s ok, food is here. See? You can trust me for one day” 😛

Having my chicken and vegetables as we speak, happy happy. I got to the point where I couldn’t focus on my writing, so I came home to have my food and then I’m back to writing in uni. May allow myself 600 cals if I struggle to sleep tonight but so far I’m at 480. 🙂 How’s everyone doing?

xx Anna

Thanks for the advice Anna 🙂 I just need to feel confident with this again. I’m afraid my last 7 weeks with SW has knocked that and messed with my head a bit, but common sense will kick in, I know I need to eat on NFDs and enjoy them in order to actually be able to do the FD.

Jean-I know exactly how your daughter feels. I am in a primary school which has risen in number from 89 to 180 over the 10 years I have been there, it is a lovely school in a village but I am a full time Year 6 teacher as well as Deputy and it does take its toll! I do love it however! 🙂 XX

My days not got any better for me apart from my daughters finally getting something done re her after birth complications. She has a scan on Tuesday and someone is going to visit her from the hospital and go through her medical records. I’ve told her to write all her problems down so nothing is missed.

Kay
    We seem to have gone off piste recently. I hope we can pull it back. I think your right in not getting upset about it and just settle and get back on track.

James
    As you can see, Kay and I are struggling with our eating at the moment. It happens sometimes but don’t let it get you down, there’s always the next day. I’ve almost lost 3 stone over several months. This after many many years of trying. Still have lots to lose and will keep plodding on. It is hard sometimes especially when a family member buys large bags of M&Ms to tempt you. I can ignore them now, I wont be sabotaged I can do that myself. We all have blips but its sustainable even through the bad food choices and gorging on bad days. If you persevere it gets easier.

Mackerel for dinner, fancying a strong flavour.

Hi Vi

Yes there are many people with epilepsy who can’t go out and have many fits a day, hence why I think I’m so lucky.

Hi Jean

That is a great amount of inches you have both lost. Don’t worry about one week, our bodies are strange things.

That is a brilliant amount of lengths you do already. Build up to 30 over a few weeks. You will get there. Remember if you are adding muscle that weights heavier than fat, it also helps you burn calories.

I am getting the car back tomorrow it is costing ÂŖ130 cash.

Hi Mino

All this talk of bacon this week made me get my packet out of the freezer. I was meant to be having an 800 day it is higher than that but still much lower than normal.

Hi CMum

I know vegan diets are lacking in certain things but fir two days a week I don’t think that it will be a problem, plus it will help the other person who is a vegan settle in as I think she is new there.

Hi James

All small changes help. Don’t forget to avoid those fizzy drinks as well. We often only think about the food but even diet drunks give us a sugar spike because of the way the sweeteners work. The only one that doesn’t is stevia. Same for food sweetened with sweeteners, the sugar spikes make us create cards which in turn make us crave more. Soap box put away now 🙂

Audrey

I hope your day went well

Giving my body a kick kick kick…

2 wines, 2 butted cookies and tomorrow fish and chips..off to football …Hull City and Man U…son in laws tickets as he’s off on holiday…

We will be shouting for each side in our heads as we will be thrown out if it’s out loud. I am ok as we are in Hulls end!

I will be over my TDEE today but I don’t mind it may do me good….😀🍷

Cmum..
    I am really glad someone is taking notice for poor daughter they really need shooting it’s so discusting that no one has done any thing sooner…no wonder you are stressed.

Ginette..
    Your car not too bad but we don’t like big bills. I am having tomorrow off but it looks like today as well…I am not bothered back on track Sunday.

Have a lovely evening it’s really nice here.

Jean x

Hello everyone,

I hope you enjoyed, and still are enjoying the sunny sky. Final cal count was 560. Every fast gets less and less. Even enjoyed a pot of lemon sorbet because I felt sick after all the coffee and food in empty stomach. Next time I will try to have tea instead of coffee throughout my fast cause it made me feel pretty ill. All good though 🙂 hope everyone’s fast went well!

Hey Anna

Well done, it keeps getting easier and easier, right. I always have herbal green tea, no calories, and still quite a bitof flavor
    x

Hi all

My friend is here with wine and pizza. … resistance is futile no fast day for me….

Have a good night, Anna sorry for breaking our fast day

Cmum Glad you are getting things sorted for your daughter. ..

Aud

Anna…
    Do you make the lemon sorbet…it does sound nice.

Well done on your FD and calories are getting lower 😀

Vi..
    You think it’s getting easier also…about two weeks…then it’s much better.😀

X

Audrey…

I am with you half a bottle of wine gone with almonds in hand….enjoy your night and catch up with your friend. .🍷🍷

X

Hi jean

Posts crossed… you n me must do better next week… these newbies are showing us up lol

Aud

We are so much a like..lol…lol…naughty…he he ❤ī¸

Hi Jean

You and Audrey made me smile, both like naughty children. Enjoy the day, what is left of it, I swear this sun goes to people’s heads……mine included.

Hi Anna

You are the only one who has come close, mine was a lower calorie day but higher than a normal Friday. Sorbet sounds nice, I wonder if it could be made with stevia mmmm. I shall go and look.

Hi All

http://sweetsmarts.com/lemon-sorbet.html

This is made with Stevia and no ice cream maker, there are lots of sugar free recipes here.

If anybody try’s them let me know what they are like.

Morning all

1lb up this week…. that’s what pizza and wine does for you.

Busy busy weekend for us, got the girls coming and lots to do, have a good weekend everyone

Audrey

Morning All,

A busy day for us, will be out for the day from 12 noon.

Off for haddock and chips, a bit of shopping and on to football, will be back quite late.

Then back on track for a strong week food wise.

Steve’s back not so good the last two days, a bit like you Audrey I think he has done too much. Looks like swimming might not be done this week he’s back to physio man Thursday. He did say he was working hard at the swimming…..😀 and he’s been working in the garage!!

Ginette…
    The sorbets sound quite good, I will have to read deeper as I was off to bed.

Audrey..
    Shame about the pound but we have to live as long as you enjoyed your night….I felt a need yesterday, I think I did about a third of a bottle of wine and I went over my TDEE I stopped counting…I never do that!

Have a good weekend everybody whatever you are doing.

Jean x

Morning all.
    Although I’ve had my 2 FD, I haven’t eaten very healthily all week. Lost control and now I don’t think I did lose a lb last week. Got on the scales and discovered they weigh differently with every step on. They are varying by 2 lbs. My body feels like nothing is moving now so I’m having a 3 rd fast day to try and get things moving. I can’t exercise as my bad knee is making my hip painful because I’m limping with the knee. I feel like I’m on a roundabout with no exit. Going to have to let the GP refer me to sort it out or nothing will improve. Problem is if I’m incapacitated for a while my OH doesn’t step up and help.

Cmum…
    Sorry things are not good at the moment. You really need to get your knee sorted then things will be better for you in the future.

Think of yourself first and OH will have to sort him self out. I wouldn’t worry about him. Could you stay with one of your daughters if you have to have a knee replacement?

Is there just the two of you at home? Steve’s knee made his hip hurt as you say it’s like a circle.

Hope things improve soon but you must see a doctor.

❤ī¸ X

H Audrey

I’m avoiding the scales this week. I’m waiting until I am back under control….. 1lb isn’t bad though it was only one day may be just food in transit.

Hi Jean

Tell Steve to take it easy no point in taking a backwards step. Enjoy the haddock and chips and football I know what I would enjoy most 🙂

I’m off to pick up the car soon and then to Pams to cut the grass. I asked her doctor to check her vitamin B12 levels without her knowing and my son told me she thinks I have spoken to her doctor. Oh well I hope she isn’t too annoyed I shall have to confess if she asks.

Ginette…

Have a good day with Pam. Your weather must be better than ours…just started to rain it will go on now into tomorrow morning.

I know what you mean, I am not a football person I don’t mind once in awhile keep the boy happy we don’t do it often, thankfully.

In my other life I had it down my throat, 7 days a week on TV. I wonder how many divorces Sky on TV instigate … If not that the pub!!

I am looking forward to my meal but we won’t be eating this evening so it won’t be so bad. After yesterday eating more than I should I feel quite hungry today, no wonder people start then can’t stop eating. I am having to resist big time, we are going out about 1 pm.

Hope Pams not too cross at you having spoken to her Doctor…enjoy your meal tonight. I don’t blame you keeping off the scales if it will upset you…think you have done really well up to now and it’s only a hiccup …keep going…we will ALL have to get back on track…you are not the only one..😀

Jean x

Hey Guys

Today was my last normal day. Tomorrow the whole fasting circus begins again. I’m reading the Blood Sugar diet, which is certainly far more hopeful and therefore more interesting to me than that Other Book We Shall Not mention.
    So, I had my window wide open and out of nowhere a cat jumps in =D Very cute, of course I had to page Floor so she could put him outside; we’re not allowed to have animals in our room. In the six years I lived here nothing like that has ever happened. Something new everyday =D
    Hope you all have a good weekend
    x

Hi everyone!

Well Im still on the naughty step!!! So Im not even going to talk about it!!

Vi, that made me laugh….cat inbound 🙂
    I would have kept window open and let him keep me company for a bit 😉
    Cat? What cat? 😉

Bleurgh….football..not for me!

It finally rained here earlier, with a bit of thunder, but its no cooler!
    I do like my sun and heat (sorry!) so hope it returns!!

Have a nice evening and weekend all.

Kay x

Kay
    I’ve joined you on the naughty step. Started the day with good intentions but it went down hill mid afternoon.

Vik
    I have a Bengal cat that sneaks into my neighbours houses. He once got into the flooring of a house which was having some building work. He came up out of the floor at 4 am in the morning and frightened them. He’s not popular I’m afraid.

Rain for us tomorrow. At least it will be cooler.

Good morning everyone 🙂

Sorry for my inactivity yesterday.
    I visited my brother and his girlfriend yesterday and had pretty much a feast in the evening of spaghetti bolognese and a big bowl of ice cream. It was lovely, but a lot, so today I will be fasting to make up for it. Otherwise it feels like the weekly work is going down the drain for me 😛 It put me into a lovely sleep though and I think I will be finishing my dissertation today so it will be a nice Sunday!
    I hope everyone is doing well. Kay and Cmum, don’t worry too much about it. It happens 😉 another day today.

xx Anna

Morning all – FD and weigh in today. Who was it mentioned food in transit? Well, early morning I hadn’t lost anything. Walked the dogs, they ‘transitted’ their food, I came home and ‘transitted’ my food and – voila! 2pounds gone! I have no idea if this is permanent, but I’m taking it as a win!
    Mx

Morning All,

Miserable day today. A quiet one for us, Steve’s back is a bit iffy so I would like him to rest up. He is ok.

Although I wasn’t looking forward to the football it was a really good game. I wouldn’t want it weekly! Maybe because we were both supporting on the different sides.

Friday and Saturday we have eaten and drunk loads, a lot more than we ever do, having a nice Sunday lunch with all the trimmings then we must really get back on board again for tomorrow.

Anna…
    You will be pleased with the finish of the dissertation today…a big sigh…then get it printed up. What are you taking?

Cmum…
    Hope you are feeling better with yourself…these animals keep us on our toes..😸

Kay…
    I think the lot of us are sat on the naughty step…I hope it’s a big one! We really must pull our belts in.

Audrey..
    Have a nice lunch today with your family….beef sounds lovely…but it’s lamb for us!

FD for us all tomorrow..🙊

Ginette…
    Hope Pams talking to you..

Hope the ones not posting are doing well, pop by for a chat.

Have a good day

Jean x

Minols..

Well done on the 2 lbs off, I definitely would log it….maybe be you should always walk the dogs before a weigh in…lol…lol

Have a lovely busy day

X

Hi everyone,

Just been catching up on the posts been driving my youngest back and forward to her big sister’s on Cambridge most of the weekend.

Well after 3 days, 1 FD and 2 ‘sensible’ eating I have lost 2lbs!! I am sooooo chuffed. Never lost 2lbs the whole 7 weeks on SW. I know this may just because it is new but having been on SW I wasn’t eating any rubbish. Can only think it is cutting out the overload of carbs that they promote.

Hope everyone is having a good Bank Holiday 🙂 XX

Moisy
    That’s brilliant. It does feel good when it finally comes off. I’ve hit a wall but I’ve already lost a good amount so will just have to make an extra effort.

Have a good bank holiday. Weathers hotting up again.

Hi Jean

Glad you enjoyed the match yesterday, yes a nice easy time for Steve sounds good.

Pam didn’t mention it and neither did I. We are both behaving as normal. Drove the car away from the Mot and had to pull over on the way to Pams. It was really running strangely. I called the AA they said maybe it’s the fuel filter so to get it changes. Going via the road route to Pams rather than the motorway. Contacting someone on Tuesday to get a price.

I wish someone had a car they wanted to give me, not worth doing the lottery now.

I did manage to cut the back grass, the garden is very big, left the front one until today if the grass is dry. It topped down for 5 mins yesterday, like a thunder storm but it came and went do quickly, so strange, thankfully I had finished and I was indoors.

Hi Vi

The visiting cat sounded nice, I’m with Kay I would have enjoyed his company.

Hi Kay

You are joining me then in the step, there are so many of us there it had better be big.

Hi Anna

I remember those days sitting down typing, lovely to get it finished though.

Hi Mino

Probably me as food in transit is a common reason to weigh more. Glad you are lighter now 🙂 exercise must have helped and 2lbs is great, well done.

Hi Moisy

I am pleased you have been rewarded for your efforts, always nice to get that initial loss and it shows it works.

CMum

You and me both ……

Moisy…

Really well done on the 2 lbs off…I hardly ever do that. 😄 I feel this is better than SW I think we all have had a dabble at them all..lol

Yes have a good Bank Holiday..I had forgot
    X

Ginette..( posts crossed)

It’s a shame about the car, you get one thing done then something else happens.

I was just looking at our grass, it looks nice one minute the rain comes and yes it needs cutting again. Hope you get the front cut today…still a bit drizzly here.

We are having a leg of lamb roast dinner today, I haven’t really cooked one for awhile, so it will be three days not counting calories đŸ˜Ŧ…..I am treating it as a small break…FD tomorrow…non negotiable !!

Glad nothing was said at Pams, it makes life easier without crossed words…have a nice day with her later.

Jean x

Hey everbody

My parents were here for a while so that was nice. First FD in s always a little more difficult for me, luckily my body has three more to adjust to it again, lol

Could anyone tell me what SW is?

Minols and Moisy
    That a really good results, I’d take it.

Anna,
    Bolognese and icecream sounds good, not to mention that finished dissertation

Ginette and Kay
    I wanted to let him stay but he was meowing so plaintively, I just felt bad for it.

Jean,
    It’s good to be bad once in a while isn’t it? Nice you did enjoy the football. Hope Steve feels better soon

Cmum
    Glad your daughter is getting help and yay for the weight moving. Also, thanks for the advice

Audrey,
    Did I just miss your post or are you being quiet?
    Hope everbody is having a nice weekend
    x

sorry Vikathy,

SW is Slimming World!
    I have been doing that, going to classes etc for last 7 weeks and in total had only lost 2.5lbs. After much research about the 5:2 I have come to the conclusion that the hidden sugars in carbohydrates (which they promote for you to have as much as you like)were stopping me lose weight, in fact I gained 1.5lbs after they told me that I wasn’t eating enough!

🙂 XX

Vi…
    SW..is a Slimming World, a weekly group meet up and have a weigh in, the class teacher talks to you on how to loose weight.

Most people have tried it but 5.2 is much easier.

Nice you had a good day with your parents…good luck on the FD.

Jean
    X

Sorry all

Had girls round for lunch and work rang ian they are short staffed so he is going in tonight therefore I have had lots to do today .

Have a good bank holiday people will be in touch tomorrow.

Audrey

Thought I might have managed a fluid day today, but having been on my feet all day, and going to be heading out again soon, I think I’ll have a little bit of OH’s fishy rice, put my feet up for half an hour, and hopefully feel up for this evening’s work!
    Enjoy your Bank Holiday tomorrow…if you’re not in Scotland!
    Mx

well done to all who have lost AND to those still trying

oh it is finally raining a bit here, lets hope it gets less stuffy – the nights have been horrible

food wise
    I give up
    there is so much arguing going on in my head I cannot handle it
    and I feel completely rubbish whether or not I eat well

no idea what to do or how to feel better
    so just putting anything into my mouth that is quick from the fridge or cupboard

ed. and in the time it took to write the above – its almost stopped raining again!! hmmm so much for a change in atmosphere

I’m sorry you’re feeling bad KT. Tomorrow is another day. Juat start again, then. Anf try not to feel too bad now

Hi all

Well Im finally reining in the eating! Today is going to be a 400cal FD.
    At least I will have done 2 FDs in the last 7 days although the 5 NFDs have been feasting days!

Hope everyone is having a nice extended weekend.

September is fast approaching, so time to make some plans and mini goals I think.

Kay

Kay ..

I agree with you some reigning in and plans and goals to get everybody ready for the winter.

We have had three days of feasting, we really felt the need and no point in arguing with yourself…FD tomorrow..non negotiable !!

Hope your FD went well today …..sort some planning out for everybody…we need it.

Have a good day tomorrow…for us retired people every day is the same..some good 😀 and some boring..☚ī¸…lol

Jean X

Viewing 50 posts - 6,151 through 6,200 (of 35,390 total)

You must be logged in to reply.