Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,906 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 7 hours, 22 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,101 through 6,150 (of 35,392 total)

• Jean

I have spent all night planning food for tomorrow lol

Thing is I am usually not that hungry when I 1st get up after a fast so I will try to last till lunch time because as you know once I break my fast I find it hard to stop…

Your food sounds good I love gammon it’s one of my favourites ooh perhaps I will have bacon tomorrow. … mmmmm

Lol

Audrey

FD nearly over thank god. Been a hard one today. The binge urge has been strong today but the feeling if I gave in would be worse. When it happens I feel I’ve wasted a day.

Thanks for your comments about my daughter. Spoke to the health visitor today and she isn’t happy with how things have been going. Said she would ring the midwife herself and gave my daughter some advice on how to approach her GP to get something done. On the plus baby Louie is now 11 lb 2 oz at 6 wks, hes a bumper. My second daughter is now having a baby, her second but our sixth grandchild. Its all go here.

James
    Welcome to our group. You probably like many of us here have tried lots of ways to lose weight. Well as someone who’s tried most things this works. There’s lots of advice so ask anything, somebody will have an answer.

Off to bed to read and finish off this FD away from the kitchen.
    Good night all.

C’mon

Well done on resisting today. Isn’t it funny how some fast days are harder than others?

Have you contacted the health authority to complain about the treatment your daughter has had? May be worth a shot its only a phone call or email…

Have a good night. I am ready to settle down now so I will say goodnight all.

Audrey

Hi….
    I am new to 5:2 today, well tomorrow will be my first fast day.

I have been doing SW (slimming world) for the last 7 weeks and have lost a total of 2.5lbs…in fact I put 1.5lbs on this week even though I stuck to it religiously. I am so upset and downhearted now but reading this site tonight I am starting to realise that maybe a low fat, (very)high sugar, high carb diet isn’t for me. So I’m going to try the 5:2 and see how I get on. Reading all your comments is very inspirational 🙂

Hi Mino

Sorry mine is Monday and Wednesday and Friday 800ish.

Hi Audrey

Well done, tomorrow will soon come.

Jean

Gammon is my favourite, I’ll be there for dinner. Xx

Hi CMum

I have had a few difficult days recently. Thankfully we can eat tomorrow.

Hi Moisy

Many of us here have done slimming world in the past, I now use some slimming world recipes but I keep an eye on calories. I found I could eat unlimited carbs, I am much better without cravings when I gave cut them out.

I’m going through a rough patch at the moment but I have done well on 5:2.

I shall see if I can find a link to the programme that started the 5:2 idea, quite inspirational.

Ginette

Here is a link to the programme

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BQMF7hHTQxQ

Here is a link to a free 5:2 book although I would also recommend getting the fast diet book by Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer.

http://kate-harrison.com/5-2diet/5-2dietfreedownloads

I hope this helps you get started.

Ginette

Quick note before getting some sleep!

Im fasting tomorrow – Thursday – also. Not a water only one though. The usual 1 meal early evening of max 400 cals.

Catch up tomorrow.

Kay

Morning all

Welcome to our group Moisy good luck for today, it may be difficult for you at 1st coming from slimming world but keep telling yourself it’s a one day diet tomorrow you can eat….it helps me, I agree with ginette if you can buy the book!

I got through yesterday ok, it was hard at times, didn’t make liquid only but well under 500…

Fast day again tomorrow then weekend off, we have the girls coming on Sunday so beef it is for Charlotte hehe. ..

Have a good day, keep in touch, if you need help/advice shout out Moisy and remember that together we are stronger

Audrey

Morning everyone,

Had a great day yesterday at work, and in the evening me and my partner had a nice meal of fillet steaks with salad, some olives, a bit of wine and a small mug of sorbet lemon. Haven’t had a sit down and eat a full meal like that in ages. With only a small yoghurt for lunch, it kept me below TDEE. Happy happy ☺

Vi,
    You could kind of say that I am, yeah. I do definitely use olive oil if I need to use any kind of oil or fat in my food. I never use butter, sunflower oil, etc. 😛 The biggest difference with the Mediterranean diet and what my parents cooked was the fact that we had meat very frequently in the house. Now I have on my own switched on a more plant-based life style, because I feel a lot better on it and it helps me stay fit without having to minimize my portions. I eat too many veggies sometimes eheh. It’s great, really! It’s just when you don’t exercise, no matter what you do, the weight starts pilling up :/

Cmum, well done on your fast, especially after a stressful day. Hope it all gets sorted soon with your daughter, sounds like talking to the health advisor gave some answers.

Moisy, welcome to the group! It’s a very inspiring one, I agree. I joined very recently myself and the activity is great 😀

Kay, good luck with fasting today!
    And to everyone else who is!

I’m fasting tomorrow and properly aiming for a water-only day and a proper meal in the evening with max 500. Fingers crossed! I’m writing my dissertation still so the urge will be big.

Have a great day everyone! I’m already wishing for winter haha. Slept above the covers last night, ufff!

Xx Anna

well, I think I am going to do fasting again
    don’t know what else to do

but I will start the day with some milk, as I really don’t want all those throat issues to begin again

so today is a fast day (I think LOL)

I seem to have put on 2 pound in the last week and a half – and the only extra sugar I had (apart from my berries) was a handful of choc chips, and one hot chocolate
    and still low carb
    goodness knows what my body is doing!!
    and I don’t even have a hormonal cycle to blame it on any more

hope you all have a good day, and not too sticky

I have already walked to Tesco – couldn’t face doing that later

Morning all.

Welcome to the new ones 🙂

Weight up this morning but I didnt count the cals, so figure I went well over my TDEE. The day before I counted them and came in way under. So thats obviously what I need to do…I cant trust myself without recording what I eat.

Today I am fasting. Water only til this evening and then I am planning a low cal light meal. If I feel ok I will skip it and stick to water instead, but we will see.

Its going to warm again today I think, but we off out for a drive and a bit of walking.

Hope everyone is ok and keeping their head up. Sorry cant talk to you individually as dashing off…

Kay x

Morning All,

A dull day a bit of rain on its way, pleasant after the heat.

Five of us fasting today, Minols, Kay, Moisy, Steve, we will keep each other company.

We are swimming later today pm a bit late but avoiding the children another couple of weeks and we can get back to normal.

Moisy..
    Welcome to our group we have had a few new people join us of late, so more people to chat. A good idea to weigh your food for calories at the beginning, MFP…my fitness pal App is useful to use to start with you may know of it…hard for the first couple of weeks but your body gets used to doing 5.2…shout if you need any help…someone always on line.

Audrey..
    Beef sounds good we haven’t had any in ages…umm..I need a batch bake again for Yorkshire Pudds…and scones.

Cmum..
    Congratulations on another baby…health visitor seems to have taken your comments on board hope she can sort something out.

Ginette..
    Shout if you are struggling or are you now back on track…I know you are keeping busy…😀

Anna..
    Steak sounds good, I have some in the freezer….I couldn’t go without meat…plant base is good if you like all the veggies which I don’t. I am eating a lot of stranger things now so I am getting better.

Vi, KT..
    Hope you are both ok.

Lynda..
    Are you back on your own again…are the scales being kind to you?

All the fasters sounded as if you all did great yesterday….it our turn now today lets give it a good go..😀.

Have a good day all.

Jean X

Hi,

Thank you to everyone, you have already been so supportive. I have this morning downloaded the book on to my kindle so will be reading through that today.
    I read loads online last night and am absolutely shocked at the amount of sugar I had been eating on SW.

Thanks for the links Ginette, I have a lot to keep me occupied today so keep my mind off food. I am a teacher so plan to go into school this afternoon and keep busy.

Good luck everyone today 🙂

Hi Kay

Good luck on your fast day……and to all the other fasters.

Hi Anna

I must say olives is the one thing I don’t like, I just can’t take to tgem I have tried them two or three times over the years to see if my taste has changed. There are many other things I do like so no problems finding something to eat. I also like trying new foods as I like to know what they taste like even if I don’t really enjoy them. I draw the line at frogs legs and snails. Once in France I went to a chinese restaurant and they had chinese style frogs legs. I quite like frogs in the wild though. I wouldn’t eat duck either as I imagine they should have bonnets on!!

I was more noddy than Beatrix potter though. I also loved any Enid Blyton mystery.

Hi KT

People often have one of those weeks, it is part of life, it will settle down again.

Hi Jean

Still 24.5 degrees in my living room, the heat hadn’t dropped although the sun has gone 70% humidity though. We need a storm.

No not really right back on track, I had a good day yesterday though. I have leftovers today for lunch.

Hi Moisy

Have a look at my fitness pal a lot of us use this it can look up calories in food and charts your weight loss. You can get this as an app or online. You can also set goals how much you want to lose a week, it will then give you a calorie limit. Make sure you measure yourself as well sonetimes we lose inches when we don’t lose lbs. Do you gave much to lose? Some of us on here have quite a lot.

Hi Moisy

I like yourself am an ex slimming world person. I didn’t like all the happy clappy stuff and also I didn’t think it was good for my body to be stuffing it full of carbs….

You may find it difficult at first to restrict your food I know I did but just tell yourself it’s only one day… tomorrow you can eat!

I am sure you will manage shout out if you need help or advice there is usually someone about.

On a different note I woke up this morning and my back didn’t ache! Perhaps the operation has worked? Fingers crossed, it’s still not as bad as usual and I am trying not to overdo things. Although I had a mishap with my face cream this morning so i have had to shampoo the carpet oops!

Have a good day all

Audrey

Hi,

Ginette-I would like to lose about a stone and a half, 2 stone tops. My friend has been doing 5:2 and has lost an incredible 6 stone! Yes I will check out the fitness pal. I am slowly working my way around all the bits.

Audrey-I agree, I didn’t like the clappy stuff either, actually made me feel uncomfortable. I feel more positive about the 5:2 and at the moment keen to get going on it. I have in the long and distant past done meal replacement diets so I have had to do the very low calorie days so hopefully it will be ok on fast days. 🙂 X

Ginette..
    Thought you were struggling, I know the heats not good for you and the funeral. Try and not let it slip too far ..you have done really well. I know when you have been on this WOL sometimes you just want a bit of a break…try and maintain if you have too….and shout for us if you need help… ❤️

Audrey..
    Glad the back is looking good…don’t be over doing things just because you can…take it steady. It seems like good news though.

Moisy..
    Are back at school already? Are you in Scotland? Ours have another two weeks…hope you are doing ok today.

What can I do for my poor old Symba (cat) she can’t get her head around FDs ..she sits waiting for her lunch (ours) on the settee every day at 12. I am having to make her lunch while we don’t have any!! She has had hot gammon today while we have a cup of tea! 😸 …lol…lol

X

Hi Symba-no I’m Scottish but teach in England. School is not back yet but thought I’d go in this afternoon and sort out my classroom in preparation for the start of September! 🙂

Jean,

At last something different from me! I have 2 dogs who sit and drool, no cat lol….

Audrey

Hi Jean

I will get back to it. Cars in for MOT today so fingers crossed. It doesn’t go well at the bast of times cure to a problem that will possibly be too expensive to fix. I need to hold on to it for a bit longer.

Hi Moisy

Remember that 5:2 also has health benefits. Look at the video and it will explain it all. I see to teach as well FE though. I was made redundant a while ago I may go back part time but just now I want a complete change. I don’t need the stress that management puts on you.

Good idea to keep yourself busy though.

Audrey

I’m glad your back is on the mend xx

Hey Everybody.
    Yesterday was my last FD. So yay. My dad and I did go swimming, but due to circumstance we could only be in the water for 30 min, unfortunate because that’s about the time it takes to get there in the first place.

I’m depressed, and I meam really depressed, and it’s all because of a book I read today called “The sitting chef” don’t let the title fool you – it’s actually a Dutch book which deals with the effects that sitting (in a wheelchair, for example!) for more than 6 hours a day has on your body. They range from kidneyfailure to heartdisease to dementia, to inflamation and a whole slew of other things… that are just gross. Now, the way to counterbalance this is to eat a certain way. You can’t have carbs, any from of sugar with the exception of apples and pears, and you shouldn’t have whole wheat things either. Olive oil is a big no-no, so are fish and meat. Of all the recipes in that book maybe two sound eatable to me. I don’t know what to do. Well anyway, tonight we’re having lasagna HAHA! And boy, am I going to enjoy it!

Anna,
    You can never have too many veggies. And I’d imagine eating less meat will also help your IBS. Yeah, I know your problem with excessive sitting, and the weight piling on. The trouble for me is, I can’t do anything about it =( hence, my depression

Ginette
    I love Enid Blyton, the Five basically where my life as a kid. I read all 40!

Jean,
    As you can see, no I’m not doing well today. I almost feel like if I’m doomed anyway, why not eat anything I want. Yes, Yes, I know not a helpful thought, but I’m only human, Ans as I always tell myself: tomorrow will be a better day

I feel like not all your posts have been coming into my inbox. Anybody elsewith this problem?
    Good luck to all the fasters today
    Have a good one everybody

Hi all – out early this morning, so just catching up with some of the posts while I have some miso soup…confess that I’ve decided I’ll never really get the sliminess of the seaweed stuff in it, so I enjoy the flavour and drag the leaves to the side. One of my dogs is incredibly greedy, so I’m going to see if he can get his tongue in the mug and lick them out – waste not want not!
    Hope all you fasters today are going well…I need to get on and do something else now the miso is drunk otherwise I’ll end up weakening, and I really want to get through til the boy’s teatime if possible, and maybe even make it all fluids today if I can. Couldn’t ever do just water…surviving without coffee would be hellish, so I have it black or with just a dod of milk, drink miso, or water, or lemon/ginger tea, and consider the measly cals that there are in all these things my reward for even trying to ‘fast’ in the more traditional sense!
    If I need to eat at 5pm, I will…I’m just so afraid that once I start, I won’t stop again. Not sure what it says about my psyche that abstinence seems easier that restraint!
    Mx

Result! Dog took the leaves from the side of the mug! Had a tiny bit left on his nose at the end of his diligence…sneezed! What a funny numpty he is.

oh vikathy I know how rubbish reading things can make us feel
    but I also have to be endlessly reminded that much of what we read is not true, or only partially

ok so sitting isn’t great – but if you don’t have a choice, then it doesn’t mean its so bad as they make out
    and anyway, you try to be as active as you can, and that’s all better than nothing

as for not eating fish/meat what are they on about? you need protein from somewhere, so unless you are vegi, ?
    and apples and pears contain loads of sugar
    and olive oil is proved to be good for us

so if I were you – feel sorry for the person who came up with all that!!!!

do you know I read some research a while back that said tall people lived shorter lives (I am not tall 🙂 )
    I mean
    what on earth is the point in discovering that – what can anyone do about their height

hope your day gets better and hope my rant has helped even a little
    xx

Yeah, KT, you’re right. That’s like saying: people with blue eyes see better (not that that’s actually true) What can anyone do about it?

I might have not explained the whole fish, meat thing right. You’re supposed to eliminate animal products from your diet. Like veganism, you know?

I love fish, and meat and cheese, but I know it’s not that good for me, so I cut back on meat, which I never have on my FD’s and I do 4 each week.

I know that thing about olive oil, too.

But the thing that kills me is that this book was written by a wheelchair-bound(not exactly like me, she can move around much more. She keeps talking about lifting yourself out of your chair with your arms…. which I just can’t do) person and she really made it seem that this was the only way

Thanks for understanding and responding
    x Vi

Hi Mino

Glad the dog had the leaves 🙂

Hi Vi

I agree with what KT says, articles tend to exaggerate my life and mt eating isn’t as good as an athlete but I try to improve a little where I can. I can see this can be worrying, eat as healthily as you can, have the odd treat and exercise where you can. I used to teach special needs students and they used to exercise sitting in a chair. There are also exercise classes for disabled people or older people these too are supitting in a chair. Look to see if there are any near you.

Hi Ginette

Yes, I know they have that in America… but not in Holland. Believe me— I looked . And still, even if they had any, it still wouldn’t be all that useful to me. I can really barely move. Typing and eating are -basically- exercisde for me. I have no control over my legs and my arms really don’t stretch. I’m not making excuses— just telling you about my situation

But thanks for the tip <3

Hi everyone,

Welcome to all our newbies…….

Stayed the same this week and all results are normal so back to doctors next week to see what to do next.
    Off to Wales tomorrow for the weekend little grandson is one so been busy making cupcakes so icing 60 tomorrow morning and not tasted any yet.

Lynda x

Hi Vi

A shame that there isn’t anything that will help. Just keep on losing weight and hopefully this will help you feel better about things. We have yo live with what we have been given, I have epilepsy well controlled by Meds. I consider myself one of the lucky ones as I can lead a full life and even drive as I haven’t had a fit for over 20 years and I only have them when falling asleep. You just learn to live with things.

Hi Lynda

Glad all is back under control, I hope that you do get a chance to sample a cake. Enjoy your trip

Ginette, my best friend has severe epilepsy — also hasn’t had in attack in years — so I know a little of how bad it can be, and you’re right we all have to cope with the hand we’ve been dealt. You guys are all doing so well, it’s really inspiring
    x

well I have managed a fast day
    so long as I don’t fall at the last hurdle before bed

throat feels weird but perhaps that is just psychological – wouldn’t be surprised!!!!

Hi All,

I got my 25 lengths swimming this afternoon, shattered, I think the age is kicking in or I need to be fitter! I would like 30 lengths…keep trying I think.

Took Symba to vet she has been drinking too much water, although quite fit…vet said to keep an eye on things she is an old lady now 22 years, she gave her a good going over and said she is very good for her age. She is quite bright but we didn’t want her in pain. So we feel better for taking her.

Fast day going good for us both, calories finished now..☹️

Moisy…
    My daughters a teacher, she’s already sorted her class out as she’s away next week. It will keep you busy.

Ginette..
    Hope the car passes it’s test it can be a worry. Hope you soon start feeling better with yourself and get back on track.❤️

Audrey…
    Drooling animals…not only does she lunch with us at 12 noon, she now has her 9pm glass of bed time milk with us…I am putting the time because you can set the clock by her she sits on the settee and waits! 😸 They are funny.

Vi..
    I know what I would do with the book…put it at the back of the book shelf or bin it!! No point in making you miserable and depressed, you can’t change what you are be happy and eat what you want mindfully or 5.2 ly. You will be ok.

Lynda..
    Staying the same is ok next week going down….enjoy your visit to your grandsons and all them cakes ..60..ummm

KT..
    Nice you are trying fasting again just see how you go.

Minols..
    Glad you are managing your FD we are nearly there 😀

Have a good evening

Jean X

Hi all. Managed fine on fluids until just now when we were making a cup of tea…finished off a few kumara crisps between us. Really think I like this trying to be as fluid as possible. I’ll probably be in bed in an hour and when I wake up, I can have a lovey food day – wahey! Just enjoying the fact that after all the difficulties of the summer this week has actually worked!
    Hope everyone else has had a reasonably good FD too.
    Mx

Hi all

What a lot of posts too many to answer all.

It seems everyone’s ok today. I am fasting again tomorrow is anyone else?

In bed now did a bit too much today so back a tad sore…

Audrey

Hi

Im sorry to report that I gave up on my FD today….first time in ages…I have been out all day and have fasted. But I have done lots of walking and burned lots of calories – it was very humid out there!

On the way my partner wanted to call in the supermarket for some squash and I just decided to scrub the Fast and buy a couple of bottles of cider to have with my tea. Then he said he fancied some crisps….the rest is history.
    In my defence, I only had a plate of salad with tinned tuna in brine and some mayo.

Oh well, I will put it behind me…tomorrow is another day…lol

Jean
    Well done on the swimming. Wow Symba is 22!! My dog Ellie is, I think, 10, although she is a rescue dog so not entirely sure how old she was when I adopted here over 7 years ago. I hope Ellie lives until she is 22 as long as she is happy and not in pain…so good on you and go Symba!

Ginette
    Hope the car passed its MOT and you are not feeling too bad.

Audrey
    Make sure you rest tomorrow….too much too soon is not good.

Vi
    Im a big believer in only worrying about things you can change…let go of the other stuff. You are already in control of your health and if you lose weight as well, then its an added bonus.

Lynda
    Good on you for staying the same. Hope you enjoy the grandsons party etc this weekend.

KT and Minols
    Well done you…you are going to have to take me under your wing next time!

Anna
    Hows the dissertation going? Is the end in sight yet?

Cmum
    How are you? Dont forget to look after yourself so you can support your daughters. Will this mean you will have 4 grandchildren with the new arrival?

Moisy, Dawn, James
    Hows it going? Keep us posted.

Catch you all tomorrow
    Kay x

Morning all

I had a bad day food wise yesterday, I don’t know if it was because I was in pain, but I just ate everything!

Ah well fast day for me again today, let’s turn that gain upside down!

Have a good day all

Audrey

Hey everybody

Thanks for all your support and kind words. I’ve been thinking and I think I will go vegan when Margreet comes in (she is a woman who works here that hasd been vegan since she was 19) so maybe I can be vegan twice a week, I figure that’s better than never.
    I’m feeling better today, decided to look the book over with Thijs – my personal support worker – when he comes back on Monday and see what I can easily incoroperate into my lifestyle

Jean
    Wow, 20 for a cat. Talk about golden years! Symba is such a cute name =) I hope she will continue to do well, and stare you down at mealtimes

Audrey,
    I know how that goes with pain and food, it has always been my issue. Hope you have a good FD and feel better in general

Minols
    Good job on the mostly fluid fast

Sorry if I missed anyone
    Hope you all have a good day
    Pff, most people say that they aren’t hungry on hot days. Let me tell you all something; I am 😉
    x

HI!!
    I have gone through many posts and found that people are really worried about their weight and measuring it regularly….good to know about health conscious people and their healthy lifestyle.Reading Health Magazines makes us update about new trends in health and wellbeing.What i believe is keep reading and spreading healthy stuff.
    “Wellbeingart”

Morning All,

Beautiful today.

What a disappointment for us…we have had a really good week tried very hard…no naughties as such..two swimming sessions ..upped the walking….everything counted and very well under…1 wine, 1 icecream, 2 croissants. All we can think of…. I have stayed the same weight, Steve has put on 2 lbs. When we eat naughty we loose!!

To make us happy a tape measure is out…measurements from December 2015.
    Steve has lost 5″ around his waist….( his only measurement)
    I have lost 4″ around my waist….but… bust, waist, hips and top of two legs added together 15 1/2 off 😀

Well hey hoe off we go again…looks like I am doing half a pound a week so next week I should loose!

Tomorrow we are off for our haddock and chips out…..that always makes us loose..😂

Hope you are feeling better today Audrey.

Speak later

Jean x

So much for going to bed…found it difficult to sleep. I was convinced that I could smell something cooking in the kitchen and worried that the OH had left the hob on after cooking his amazing smelling steak earlier, so got up at 11.30 to check. Awake again at 3 and unable to sleep so got up to do some bits and pieces of work, so as I had toast at 3am I’m not sure what to call yesterday!
    Looking forward to another breakfast soon – bacon sandwich always help after a sleepless night – yum! (Sorry if you’re fasting today, the thought of a bacon sandwich must be torture!)
    Anyway, off to try and do the day on my bike as I’ve just dropped my car in for it’s MOT.
    Have a good day, everyone.
    Mx

Morning everyone,

Jean,
    I used to be a big meat eater and barely touched vegetables or salad, now it’s about 70% of my diet. You get used to them, your pallet changes and you start liking them. It’s an odd thing.

Moisy,
    I hope you found your first fasting day good ☺

Ginette,
    Olives are one of those things that you either really like or hate I think. They have this rubbery texture that many people tend to complain about, so I understand entirely ☺ I love snails, I was brought up eating them very frequently. In tomato sauce they are great. I’ve tried frog legs once and to me they tasted like more squishy chicken hehe.

Vi,
    I’m really sorry to hear about how you are feeling after this book ☹ what I would say is, still focus on being healthy they way you can. All of these are chances. Similar to people who smoke like chimneys and somehow end up living till a very late age and get no signs of cancer. Take care of yourself and don’t give up on yourself, alright? Also, did that vegan writer provide actual real science in it? I’ve heard so many people being against meat, and I have tried being vegan and vegetarian and even though I was very careful, my iron levels were very bad. They are doable diets, but you need to really educate yourself on food and combine foods properly so you get the nutrients out of them (food can be absorbed best if combined with other foods). You just need to decide how you want to live, really. But I wouldn’t worry so much. Try to get some kind of exercise, personal trainer can help so that in some way you can at least get your heart pumping quicker. It’s the main thing anyway, getting blood to the brain 😉 I hope you feel better hun <3

Kay,
    You walked a lot and burnt a lot, that’s still very good! A burn is a burn, tomorrow is another day. My dissertation is going well! Hoping to be done with it by Monday.

Audrey,
    I’m fasting too! Let’s do this! I hope you are feeling better today.

Anyone else fasting today? Going to have my nice cup of coffee now. Planning to have a big decaf Americano during lunch time and have a nice dinner of a big chicken breast with vegetables. Till then, diving into dissertation again. Uffff >.<

xxxAnna

Hi Anna yes I will join you on your fast day…

I am resting up again today. Think I did too much yesterday. I vacuumed then carpet cleaned and steamef the kitchen…. however the house does look good yoday Lolo baby steps in future. .

Vi I hope you are feeling better today. Get someone to burn the book we are all individual’s. ..and thanks for your support…

Jean it is looking bleak for my weigh in also 😢…

Have a good day all. Fast or non fast watch your intake…

Audrey

Hey Guys

Anna, thanks. I know I can’t go vegan all the way since I can’t keep down any kind of bean, or sugar snap or lentil or pea, so I would have trouble getting al my nutrients, like you say. Good luck on your FD. What are you having for dinner? I am always curious about that. That thing you said about people smoking like chimneys made me smile, you’re right– we’re all different. Can I ask what your dissertation is about. Oh and by the way, I do have an arm-bike on my desk so I do an hour of that a day. Every little bit helps, right?

Kay,
    Well done on all the walking. Every calorie burnt helps, right? =)

Jean…
    You and Steve have both done so well… fantastic job… how much do you have left? I mean, what are you aiming for

Hey Audrey
    Good luck with fasting. When my room is nice and tidy it always makes me feel a little better, but steady as she goes. If Thijs says that the book can go in the bin as well, I will feel better about doing that. So we’ll see on Monday

Minols
    That Bacon sandwich sounds good =)

x

Morning all.

Not a fast day but have gone a bit haywire this morning. Feeling out of control today so will need to try and rain it in.

Vik
    Vegan diets are really restricting and not healthy really. I’ve heard that in Italy they are making it illegal to give your child a vegan diet under the age of 16 yrs because of the effects on their growth and general well-being.
    Jean
    I’ve noticed Steve’s back to normal now, health wise I’m glad for him.

I have a shelf full of diet and advice books but it never as simple as do it my way. People are different and the bottom line is fewer calories in weight will be lost. Its the rates at which you lose that is different depending on your body and life style.

Cant be bothered doing anything today. Hope your all having a more productive day than I am.

Hi there,

Feel like a imposter lol, well Europe is all one big family. Dutch is pretty close so all is good.

My first fast day, well what a shocker. I didn’t eat anything till 6pm then i gave into my craves and had chicken and chips. But thats bloody good going for me, most days i have breakfast mostly egg omelette, or that nasty british fry breakfast.then Pop over to my mums before work, she stocks up on chocolate cakes coke ect. Never buy it myself. Then dinner, could be anything. But most days im eating mine own meal, and having another with friends or family. So im calling that a bloody good win for me. Only having one meal after 6pm.

I also have been getting up one hour earlier and climbing the stairs over and over before my morning shower. 2nd fast day today. Sad thing is, i love fish meat eggs vegetables salads ect simple healthy plain food. Just spoil it, by eating more meals with friends and family and junk at theres. I never buy it myself.

So wish me luck. Best of luck with your weight loss journey

Hey James
    Any win is a win, right. You can’t expect to be perfect. Good luck on your FD! And as with any weigh loss scheme (but I suspect you know this – we all do 😛 ) it’s about changing your ‘bad’habits long term. So maybe start eating one time less, at your friends. Or explain to them that you’re trying to lose weight, so that they might have fewer temptations for you in the house when you do come over.

x Vi

13:00 and I don’t feel hungry at all so far. Coffee is doing it’s work for sure, and working on dissertation. I feel like I have a grumbling hole in my stomach but since I’m not hungry it’s all good. I forgot to say decaf for my coffee at Starbucks today and I’m already getting the jitters. Oooooh deaaar!

Hey Audrey,
    Yay, fasting buddy 😀 the cleaning sounds amazing though, I do love when you complete cleaning and the house just looks incredible. I love walking barefoot in the house and my feet being completely spotless too. Means the house is definitely clean! I’m moving soon and I am actually looking forward to packing everything, emptying the house and cleaning every corner of it. Makes me feel so relaxed ☺ Good luck with fasting!

Vi,
    No problem dear ☺ and yes, the arm-bike already is something. I remember when I was exercising a lot about a year and a half ago (back then when I had time haha), I would go to a small gym and almost daily see a man on a wheelchair with a personal trainer lifting a few weights and breaking a sweat. There are also athletes on wheelchairs. I have friends with bad asthma who still find a way to get their heart rate up a bit. There is always a way <3
    For dinner, I am going to have a large chicken breast with a mix of light mayo and mustard and loads of mixed veggies. I’d never do a liquid fast day because I remember when I fasted in the past and I attempted that I had such terrible sleep each time and would be a very moody person to be around with. I’d much rather delay my weight loss a bit than yelling at my partner for each little thing simply because I was so hungry heehee.
    Also, in terms of veganism, again not everyone can do it. I had the same problem. I’d be very… frequent because of the amount of beans I was eating, since they pretty much are the main source of protein (tofu is also beans technically). I have come to the realisation that meat, for most, is a must. It’s so important. Just not necessarily every day. I have meat 1-2 times a week ☺ and it has fixed everything for me.

James,
    Well done for trying fasting already and getting just one meal after 6pm ☺ why don’t you introduce healthier eating to your friends and family? You can always be the one to bring it up. I was lucky to be brought up with pretty good food, but when I moved to the UK I remember my first uni years being very bad food. Noodles every night almost, for me it was because this food was so cheap. Got such bad acne during that time because of it! Then I started eating healthier and now, because I cook pretty clean too, people ask me how I cook and I frequently have people over to introduce them to better foods. Cooking becomes an amazing thing when you discover your own recipes and how to mix flavours ☺

Back to dissertation now, eek!

xxxAnna

Hi Anna glad your fast day is going well

I have had a bowl of soup so far so good.

Keep in touch and I will check in again later…I too love cooking and baking although I enjoy eating my cakes too much to bake regularly lol

Hope everyone is doing well

Audrey

James….yep thats a win! Tackle one thing at a time 🙂

Cmum….Im feeling like you…dont know why…but Im just going to go with it and do nothing. And rather than be annoyed with myself for my eating…Im just going to try and be healthy and jump back in when I feel better.

Although I dont eat meat I couldnt be a vegan. Im a pescetarian – I eat fish. I would like to be vegetarian but cant tolerate lentils and beans etc so my compromise was to allow fish to give me the balance of nutrients. I couldnt live without eggs and cheese!
    I have eaten this way for years and consider myself reasonably healthy. I manage to give blood and am never anaemic so Im doing something right!

Weights up 2.5 lbs from Tuesday but to be fair, apart from my calorie counting day on Tuesday, Ive eaten well over my TDEE, so I do need to get my head back into the right place. I’ll set myself a mini goal today.

Fed up with my painful neck and headaches…ibuprofen dont seem to be helping much. Will try some ice/heat later I think, as its bound to be muscular.

Catch you all later. Hopefully I will be less grumpy then 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 6,101 through 6,150 (of 35,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply.