Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,890 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 7 hours, 9 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,051 through 6,100 (of 35,376 total)

• Turned up for the buffet and it was ‘sit-down’! Managed to fob all offers of sausage rolls, sandwiches and cake off with the excuse that I really only popped in for the coffee as i’d probably be eating at the next thing I had to go to. Well, I may have not been able to resist the temptations of the hospital coffee shop! Such a shame because I LOVE sausage rolls and rarely let myself be in the same county as a plate of them!So now, I’m going to get the dogs walked early to keep on the move, and then swimming with the boy…yes, I WILL go in the pool rather than sit next to the snack machine while he has his lesson. And then a quick whiz round Tesco as I have a couple coming to stay tomorrow who are coeliac, and back home for tonight’s leftovers…fortunately, the portion is only big enough for two, so i’ll have a good excuse for a mug of miso. If I really do manage to make it to 6 without eating, it will be the first time, and I may even go all the way and call this a fluid day – my first. Watch this space, because I’ve never managed it yet!
    Hope you found some peace and quiet in the park at lunchtime, Anna. Keep strong…and keep your coffee stronger! We can do this.
    mx

Hi All,

Seating done, what a brilliant customer service, although the manager didn’t get the e mail we were coming, ( they don’t deal with the public), in about 4 mins it was done and he gave me 6 buttons for back up and shown us how to do it our selves. No charge!

We did go for our meal out, pizza express, half a pizza, a light one?? So I have had breakfast at 6 am, snack at 10 and meal at 1 pm, I have had just 800 calories…so it’s not too bad.

Kay..
    A salad when eating out…you must be joking!!😀…Well done on your 2 lbs off. Hope you soon feel better.

Cmum..
    Glad the weights decided to move again..well done to you too.

Audrey…
    Matching you ….same as Friday’s weigh in this morning. 😀

Anna, Minols..
    Have a good FD today..keep drinking the water..

Off to have my toe nails done soon

Jean x

Minols…
    You are very strong…( we crossed posts)

Good luck on the liquid fast…you are braver than me.

X

Hey Minols,

Fasted till 3pm today and I just had a small chicken salad from Tesco’s, 277 cals only. Since it’s my first food of the day it filled me up quickly. I have an evening protein bar treat after I complete my uni work and then it will be bed time, so I don’t have much to worry about. If I follow my plan, food consumption will round up to 500-550. Which is even better than last time, slowly getting into this I feel 🙂 how’s it going for you? I hope everyone is enjoying today, it is so sunny!

Minols, just saw your 2pm message! Didn’t go to the next page of the post, my phone is not that great heh. Well done on resisting the buffet, what a difficult thing to do! Keep going:D

hi, kay
    I haven’t actually been doing 5:2 since may
    I have been doing the blood sugar diet since then – low carb Mediterranean etc

I have just deleted their forum from my favourites as I just cant cope any more with reading about the people – loads and loads and loads of them – who are literally losing stones
    like 31 pound in 30 days, 3 stone in 8 weeks etc etc

it just wouldn’t work like that for me

right now I am literally all over the place
    scare to almost eat anything at all
    I just had milk for breakfast

I don’t know what to do anymore and I feel worn out by it all

Anna and Minols

Well done both to you both…

Just getting ready for ian to go work soon so dashing off again. Having our meal soon, won’t say what so not to upset fasters…

Fast day again for me tomorrow. ….

KT hope you get your head into a better space soon…☺

Audrey

KT, please do some research on food before any kind of dieting and do not starve yourself like that. It will only make things worse 🙁 weight loss can take more time or less time according to the person and activity level.

omg anna I have done SOOOOOOOOOO much research I am literally drowning in it

I have binge eating disorder so controlling what I eat has been a daily battle
    (actually I know it is for everyone else too)

I am terrified of losing control

KT
    Bless you, I can relate. I had anorexia for 3 years in the beginning of my adulthood, it took a while for me to recover. It switched to binge eating for half a year but I spent time with myself and put recovery as my main focus.
    I had to go through years developing a healthy relationship with food before being able to comfortably eat sensibly again. It’s hard… but I think it should become the main focus first before dieting. It’s a bliss to be able to enjoy food and not feel afraid of it.
    Hope you feel better <3

Back from swimming…this is hard! Going to go and drink loads of water in the hope that helps get me through to soup. Will take it in 30min chunks after that, I think. How early am I allowed to go to bed?!Mx

Hey Minols! Swimming sounds so much fun 😀 just a little more till the end of the day, you can do iiiit!

hovering and cleaning like crazy as a distraction! Some good can come of this after all!
    MxThanks for the encouragement, Anna. Hope your uni work goes well.

if only some of you guys were nearby, then perhaps I would have the courage to dare to go near the swimming pool

there is no way I could go alone, and I don’t have anyone to go with 🙁

minols, how on earth to you cope with swimming and NO food
    ugh!!

Hey Minols

You can do this, stay strong, and keep busy.. my house is always a lot cleaner on a liquid only day HeheHe lol shout out if you need us and good luck. ..

Audrey

Near the end of the day! I’ve done my final eating with a total of 640 cals 😛 still not 500 but I’m very happy with myself. Looking forward to having normal portions tomorrow heehee. How’s everyone doing? Minols, you good? 😀

It was also a FD for me, went well. but lots of pain. Good job my fellow fasters. As for me, tomorrow is another day
    x

Well done vi and Anna, Minols how are you doing? Hope you managed to stick to liquids…

Ginette, hope you are ok in this hot weather I know it doesn’t suit you..

Going up soon, after all the running round today my back is sore so I will try a soak in the bath. ..

Talk tomorrow, night all

Audrey

Well done Vi! Completely missed that you were fasting, I’m sorry. So many messages here, I tend to get lost. Well done C:

Nearly there – will be in bed in half an hour! And actually, once I got past feeding the others, it’s not been too bad. Hungry, tired and light headed at about 5ish, but fine now. Am I allowed to start fantasizing about breakfast now?
    Mx

Oh, and well done, Vi and Anna.
    Anna – I’m normally a little over by the end of a FD, too, but I always figure as long as you can stretch the empty bit as long as possible, it’s still good.
    As for swimming on a FD – I don’t do it often, but when I do, I swim slowly, more for distraction and relaxation, and as the boy’s lesson is only 30mins…never for very long!
    Mx

Minols

If you are like me I fantasize about eating whatever is on the adverts on tv keep saying tomorrow I can eat you!! The funny thing is though I am never that hungry when I wake up… let’s hope its the same for you… I am so glad you made it really pleased for you. ..

Night all again

Audrey

Hi All

Just a quick one, I didn’t realise that I wasn’t on the forum yesterday. Got lost in a talking book inbetween my busy week, had an early afternoon funeral today, visiting and then to Pams.

I will look in tomorrow xx

Ginette…

You was worrying us…you was very quiet not like you. We did miss you. ☹️

I hope the funeral went as well as they go, I did forget..sorry. It’s always sad, bringing memories back.

Must be a good book if you forgot about us ..lol..lo…

X

Morning all…feeling very chipper after yesterday’s efforts and thoroughly enjoyed my toast and honey this morning. But like you said, Audrey, not desperately hungry. It could be the euphoria of the moment, but I might try and make one of my FDs a fluid one…physically it doesn’t feel much harder, and in one way it’s easier, because I always find it hard to stop eating once I’ve started. It’s just trying to organise the day so I have reasons to resist food when it’s around me…like the family meal, and so on…I’ll give it some thought.
    Meanwhile, it looks like I might to do another FD tomorrow because I can’t think of another day when I can realistically give myself a chance of success – FD and quiet writing days do not mix well!
    Anyway, hope everyone else is waking up to the beautiful day we’re having.
    Mx

Morning All,

A lovely day again I hope it’s a touch cooler.

A lazy day for us but I am sure I will find some jobs to do. We have had a busy two days, just on the go out of the house.

Vi, Minols and Anna..
    Well done on your fasting day yesterday, nice to see you all supporting one another. Hope for some movement in weight for you all.

Audrey..
    Hope your back feels better today, don’t do too much. Has all the bruising gone now after your procedure? Has it improved anything or is it too early to say?

I am still holding the same weight as Friday…even after my lunch out, pizza and a wine, yesterday. When are you weighing in?

Have a good fast day…😇

KT..
    Hope you are feeling better don’t keep bashing yourself up, be kind to yourself you are worth it 😀

Ginette..
    Pop by today…is your book finished it must be good one.

Take care in this heat, it’s very hot in the south.

Lynda..
    Hope you are feeling better and your results are back so they can get you sorted.

All for now…have a lovely day what ever you all are doing.

Jean X

Hey everyone. Last FD for me until Sunday! I was a little absent yesterday, lots of pain means low energy for me. At least the pain hasn’t set back in yet. If at all possible I’m going ‘swimming’ today too. @ Minols and Anna, well done! It’s hard to resist when food calls to you or stares you in the face. I always think about the nice cheese and savory things I will be having on my NFD. Which is tomorrow Hello la vache qui rit, my good friend. No no, I’m kidding, sort of..
    @ Ginette Sorry for your loss. Which Audiobook has got you rapt?
    It’s sunny today, I just hope I will be able to see the outsides of my room today
    Anyone else having a FD?
    Hope you are all well
    x

Morning all,

Ginette pop in today, we missed you yesterday it’s too quiet without you!

Symba my back is getting slowly better thanks bit I am still black and blue lol

Vi hope you feel better today enjoy your swim.

Anna well done on yesterday,

KT hope you are a bit better today.

Minols I too am a faster! Once I start I can’t stop, it’s a fadt day for me today so I may follow you and go for a liquid only it’s a while since I did one but what the heck if I don’t feel hungry may as well go for it… Good luck for today be warned it’s hard to stop eating once you break the fast….so keep strong..❤

Have a good day all need to go due a phone call from sky any second!

Audrey

You guys doing those liquid fast are a lot stronger than I am. I need at least som,e food in my system, or it’ll all go to hell, and fast.

Audrey, I’m sorry you still feel so bad. Take it easy
    Jean, nice pizza and wine, and still no extra weight.

Have a nice relaxed day in the sun everybody
    x

Good morning everyone,

Started my morning with my favourite breakfast, eggy porridge P: it keeps me full for ages, relatively low in cal and so high in protein. I beat 40g of porridge with water and two eggs and then cook it till the consistency is right. It’s like custard, yum yum! And about 300 cals. I had it 5 hours ago, and still feeling very satisfied. Got a caramel coffee during my lunch time to feel more awake at work, so warm today and it’s giving me a headache o.o;
    I think I will go through the day with drinks till dinner time cause it’s so hot. Looking forward to having a steak and maybe a glass of red wine to keep my nerves down. Uni work is driving me crazy, it’s the only thing I’m thinking of at work. Bad, bad, bad. But just a couple of weeks left!

Good luck to everyone who is fasting today, enjoy the sun and go for a walk if you can. Time will fly by!
    It’s nice to hear from you again Ginette, hope you are alright.
    Same people fasting this Friday by any chance? 🙂
    Speak to you all in the evening.

xxx Anna

H Jean

No I know, the talking book is quite addictive, I can remember the last one being like it by the same author. I also have another one of hers to read, a detective story, she runs a bookshop. Not quite finished this one yet though. The local library talking book system is brilliant. You can download and listen on any tablet. This is meant to help me get on with work, it is too hot to do anything though. The funeral went well, nice to meet up with family it would be better under different circumstances though. When I got back into my car yesterday the outside temperature was 33!!

Hi Mino

Sunshine here but far too hot, 25 in my living room already. I dread to think what the car will be like…….

Hi Vi

I hope you are feeling better today. Enjoy your swimming maybe it will help. It is by Lorna Barrat and this one is Bookplate Special. I also like the Agatha Raisin Mysteries, these are light hearted and start with a murder, there is quite a few of these. I read ordinary mysteries as well and books set in 20s and upward. The odd historical one. I also like the Albert Campion ones, by Margery Allingham. Mostly I download talking books. I have a few text books and also have some real ones.

Hi Audrey

Are you saying I am noisy!! Yes I can believe I missed two days, I though I had been on the day before. Off to the doctors this afternoon and then calling in on a neighbour (the one that gave me a chicken for the cats).

Hi Anna

Your breakfast sounds intriguing. Do you soak the porridge before cooking it? I know what you mean about this hot weather, too hot!!

Hi ginette,

Don’t forget to add me as a friend on Facebook. ..

I have sat here all morning waiting for a call back from sky tv… we arranged for them to ting at 10. I rang them at 11 and they emailed the lady to remind her to call me. … nope not happening. ..it’s so frustrating and I am on a fast day too! Aargh!

Feel better now I have vented, have a lovely afternoon

I am still sitting, waiting for the phone to ring sigh

Audrey

Oh, Audrey that does sound fruatrating. Just don’t stare at the phone, it’ll make you crazy.

Ginette, I don’t know either of those series, but the Agatha Raisin Mysteries maybe sound like something up my alley. I also like Elizabeth George, she wrote the Thomas Lynley-serie. And Nora Roberts. John Green too, but those are really more youth-orientated.

It’s really hot here
    x

Audrey…
    It’s a pain when waiting for people to get back to you…it never seems to get any better.

Hoping the FD is going good today. You might get a couple of pounds off by weigh in day 😀

My daughter (uk) has just put an offer in for another house this morning at 9 am, the price they asked for…nearly 2 pm and the estate agent can’t get hold of the people to confirm it?? Who in this day and age is not on a mobile. Hope they don’t get in price war! She will be upset.

Ginette..
    Nice having you back on line. Looks like another grass cutting day for us, can’t really be bothered a bit too hot….but rain tonight…

Anna…
    Never heard of your breakfast…interesting…on line lots with egg whites and porridge….for me more for the winter..

Vi…
    Like you I think it sounds hard going doing a liquid FD …I do like some food….it seems too like a diet instead of way of life….unless you are shifting holiday weight….stronger people than me..lol…lol

Minols…
    I will be fasting Thursday with you.

Jean x

Nice to see a British thread

Im james, 27 just started 5:2 this week. Starting with one fast day a week to start with.dont want it to be a shock, so i give up. Slowly is the best way.

Start weight, 23stone. Goal weight no idea.

Hey James. I’m new too, this is my third week. How did your FD go?
    PS: I’m from Holland. Feel like an imposter :p

Hi Jean

Finally heard back from sky. From the girl I spoke to today to say she has heard back from Cheryl the first lady I spoke to and there is no news as yet so she didn’t ring me. …

James nice to see you here. If you need help or advice just shout lots of us here

Audrey

Ginette,
    I don’t soak it no 🙂 beating it with a fork with the eggs and water and cooking it in a pot makes it creamy and soak-y enough. Scottish oats are very small anyway so no soaking is needed!.

Jean,
    Make sense, as it’s a very warm and filling breaky 🙂 I just find it very suitable for when I have work, because I have my breakfast at 7ish and I want something that will keep me till 12-1pm. Anything else but porridge seems to go through me very quickly :/

Hello James! Good luck with your weight loss. How are you finding it so far?

Vi,
    Don’t worry, I’m an imposter too since I’m from Greece 😛 😛 at least we can participate in talking about the weather here haha.

Welcome james to our corner….hope you soon settle to the two days. Shout if you need to know anything someone will have an answer.

Let’s hope we can change your name ‘ dead man walking…lol

Which day are you doing?

Wow, Greece. that’s so nice. Then you are kind of on a natural Mediterranean diet, huh?
    The weather here is actually quite similiar to Britain, so nothing much to talk about, either 😛 lol

oh anna – how right you are – we LOVE talking about the weather
    and right now
    my goodness I wish I could stop sweating

we went on a trip today and my face and hands have been wet the whole time

Hi all

Day is going ok… just liquids so far… still waiting for my call back now supposed to be 7 tonight….Lolo

Audrey

Audrey…

What a wait to get sorted out….good luck at 7pm

Well done on your FD you do really well on liquid only..

Xx

Hi Audrey

So frustrating waiting in for things when they don’t happen. At least you gor a call back in the end.

Hi Vi

Look up your local library see if the have an online system, I can download taking books and reading books. I often do a jigsaw while listening, this is really relaxing. Both on my iPad.

I like Norah Lofts too. I liked the Lynley mysteries as well. I might give these a go later.

Hi Jean

Pity you need to cut the grass in this heat, Pams will last another few days I hope. I may cut it on Saturday.

Hi Anna

I may try that but as Jean says I will wait until winter, I am really looking forward to starting soup making again. I don’t want to wish summer away to quickly though.

Hi James

Nice to see a new face. The weight loss maybe more than most but I started with 9 stone to lose and I have lost 5. You will soon get into it and then you will probably find it quite addictive, sounds strange I know.

Hi KT

Yes I am trying to keep cool, a few degrees lower would help.

Well I have not managed a liquid only but am ending day on 265 kcals so still a good fast day.

7 pm has been and gone but NO phone call no suprise there then.

I am watching my soaps on tv then going bed…

Talk tomorrow

Audrey

Quick drop in to see if anyone wanted to chum me tomorrow on a FD – notice your offer, Jean! Not sure it’s going to be just fluids – I think I’ll play that by ear and see how I go.
    Anyone up for joining Jean and me?
    Mx

Minols…

I am with you but it will be a 500 day for me can’t just do liquids.

Jean x

Audrey…

Well done on your day…265 calories to finish…great going..

When is your weigh in this week?

Xx

Hi Jean

I weighed in on Saturday last week so will do it again this week… before the weekend LOL 😆…

In bed now far away from the kitchen… I CAN EAT TOMORROW yeah. ..

Good luck for tomorrow

Audrey

Audrey…

Hope something nice on the menu for you..

I have a joint of gammon to cook for dinner with salad for us.

Night night

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 6,051 through 6,100 (of 35,376 total)

You must be logged in to reply.