Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,895 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 11 hours, 53 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 35,381 total)

• That’s ok then Audrey

Have you measured. I shall next week after the end of FBD. I know I have lost and can see it in my clothes but not in myself, still look as big as a house, no wonder other people are not noticing….I know some are. Give it another couple of stone and I will notice.

I can see the scales changing and I know I have lost inches and my clothes are looser. I shall be the soon post when I can see it. I did avoid mirrors before not being able to bear to see what I had become. So not surprising I can’t see it now.

I am not looking for sympathy here I am just being factual. But I do feel proud and I do feel good about what I am doing…..time will show the rest.

Yes that is achievable by August. You will have to work hard though. Which part of August?

Do your clothes still fit for Kates wedding or are they too loose!!

Ginette

Hi Aurdrey and Milena

Well give me the date in August that you are heading towards and I will take the chance get with you!!

I really don’t believe I am saying this!! I do hope it is the end of August!! Milena we are not even finished the FBD yet. Is that including this week Audrey?

Ginette

Yes I have put some measurements on the fast diet tracker have lost 1.5 inch of bust, and 2.5 inches of both waist and hips it’s fantastic!

My birthday is the 8th of August so I need to lose 1.5 each week, this is doable I suppose I will have to work hard but the end is almost in sight for me I think.

My suit fits perfectly, it was slightly snuggly when I got it last year but looks great now, it is a shift dress with a jacket so it isn’t too fitted, I got it new of eBay for a song on my last birthday it is a luis civit mint green. I look very smart in it.

It’s only just over 2 weeks to wedding now, I am getting very excited!

I am sure people will begin to notice your weight loss soon, don’t be disheartened I will be here for you every step if your journey as you have for mine, even if I reach mine first I will still be here for you!

Audrey

Hi Audrey

That is 11 weeks if you include this week. Are you including it?

So that should be achievable.

It will be so nice to be at your daughters wedding and know that you look good.

Let me know about including this week.

Ginette

Ginette

I weighed in yesterday! Decided to weigh every Monday, so I am not including that weight.

Should be able to make it I think, I am working out hard, but I am away for 2 weeks after wedding and at mums next week!

Wish me luck

Audrey

Hello ladies, you’ve been a chatty bunch this morning!!

Yeah, I am very proud of myself this weekend. I said no to so many temptations and even though I ate chocolates last night (I didn’t really want to eat them, but just get rid of them) I felt ok about it. Was pleased my mum noticed. However I saw a photo she took of me and my hips/thighs looked huge 🙁 still plenty to lose!

Hi Lynda and Beverly! Welcome to the forum-best group of ladies you’ll meet! I’ve only been doing this for 6 weeks (this is week 7 for me) and I’ve managed to lose 11lbs so far and also manage to control my food during a busy social period, which feels like a huge achievement. Start with the basics, learn your own routine/habits etc and you’ll find the best way to adapt to it.

Everyone is doing really well with their weight loss! Well done ladies!!!

I can’t remember everything everyone has said now so apologies if I’ve forgotten to say something. I’m on a FD today and feeling fine although haven’t drink enough as I’ve been busy out and about so will down some pints (of squash!) this afternoon.

Had interesting chat with my mum about dieting. She does slimming world and I personally don’t like some of the messages they use: eg “pasta is free so you can eat as much as you like” but couldn’t be bothered to get into a debate with her as I was tired. But when she tried to claim ketchup was better for you than real tomatoes I had to stop myself laughing in her face. Unfortunately my mum will read a headline once and then believe to be gospel truth. I told her it was full of salt and sugar but she claimed it could lower cancer risk. Even if that was true, being a healthy weight and having a healthy diet will lower he risk of cancer too!! I simply explained that I hadn’t changed what I ate, but I just ate less and she looked slightly shocked that it could be as simple as that. I still have treats but they’re occasonal. I still have carbs, but smaller portions.

Anyway, better go entertain the toddler before she destroys the house!!

Welshy xXx

Hi peeps!

just finished a breeze of a FD, am very pleased, as I’ve not behaved over last week (bad dose of PMT)It’s awe inspiring to come on this thread, and see you’ve been doing some amazing work!
    Welshy, great willpower! and so nice your mum noticed…I suppose about the ketchup, people will believe what they want to hear.
    Audrey bet you’re excited about the wedding, great you have the outfit ready:)
    Whay hey! Ginette, FBD coming to end, what a star!

Hi Beverly and Lynda! hope you’re both well, and having good FD’s

Hi Audrey and Ginette

replying on the wrong thread – hoping to go on hols last week in August – will join you a week Monday or probably before! I need to do something about these batwings before I’m mistaken for a flying squirrel.

Hi Welshy

She may have got mixed messages as cooked tomatoes are meant to be better than raw ones – something to do with the lycopene.

But most definetly not tomato ketchup although if I have a bacon sandwich tomorrow. I will succumb.

You carry on losing and if she doesn’t maybe this ill inspire her to change diet ideas. Just quietly inspire, this way she won’t get her back up. It worked with my son.

I can’t see why slimming world don’t restrict carbs, it would then start to work better.

Hi Milena

Yes I am getting some as well. This is why I set arm exercises on my Wii. Although also tummy, waist and legs. I am hoping that the rest just surrenders.

Ok off to Paul now….I don’t like to keep him waiting….

Ginette

Morning all

That’s hubby pack off with his sweet snacks out of the house no temptations left for me to dribble over.
    Back to hospital tomorrow for check up on foot hopefully I can lose the post op shoe a week early because I’ve been a good girl and rested my foot.

FD for me today weigh in tomorrow.

I’ve done slimming world for over 30yrs and lost the weight,there’s nothing medical wrong with me I am what I eat. But last October I was rushed to hospital to have my gallbladder removed and since then it has opened my eyes to the way I eat ie slimming world was not working for me since the op I was surprised how many calories I was eating a day was shocking all them carbs not good for you and some things quite high in fat. This is the first time I’ve started looking at calories on any thing I buy now.
    Feelin really positive that I can do this for myself and no one else.

Well done Lynda. I think that’s the most important thing when trying to lose weight: attitude. Sounds like you’ve got the determination to really go for it. I’ve tried to lose weight with a very half hearted attitude before and unsurprisingly I’ve failed (5lbs at most). This time I decided that was it, it’s going. And I’m on 11lbs and counting (im determind to hit that stone mark soon!!)

I find it easier when my partner is out for the eve as you don’t have to worry about sorting food for the both of you. If he’s got a work do in the eve it’s a gaurenteed fast day for me.

I’m on a NFD today. I sometimes do day self trying to not eat for as long as possible on these days and then I remind myself that I can eat today (sensibly!) and that I should save the determination for my FD. I’m also really tired today (dog and toddler waking us early!) and so I could do with some food I think.

Good luck to casters today

xXx

Good morning all,

Just caught up on all your posts everyone is doing so well, sorry I’ve been missing my daughter had a massive operation on 18th may it’s been a very difficult time but she’s home now and I’m caring for her for the next 2 weeks so I’m now a not brilliant nurse !

My fasting has gone out the window over the last 2 weeks and will be difficult to stick to but as I’m at goal and keeping a eye on my weight I’m trusting my new eating habits and keeping myself in check.

Audrey enjoy your daughters wedding let us know how it goes my eldest daughter gets married in July so still lots to do here.

Ginette you have done amazingly stick with it , when you lose weight at a nice steady pace people that see you on a regular basis don’t comment but when someone sees you who hasn’t for a while you can tell on there face instantly they know you have lost weight . I found it was the more overweight people I know we’re quite vocal about saying I looked thin and was starting to look gaunt all rubbish I’m a healthy weight and a size 12 now .

Happy fasting, I am doing some small fasts this week and will try each day not to eat until lunchtime then be sensible low carb lots of salads and soup

Morning all,

Lynda sounds like you are very well motivated keep it up shout if you need advice/help.
    Welshy, good luck for today’s fast keep strong you are now in control of things.
    Twiglet, welcome back you have been missed! Hope your daughter is soon better will tell you all about wedding after my holiday. I ho away say after husband says we are going on honeymoon hehe!

Audrey

My hubby away for 6 weeks so should be slightly smaller when he returns.

I’ve noticed my 7lb loss clothes wise he don’t see it but he will when he comes home and I’m in my next size down wardrobe (hubbywiil think I’ve Been on a shopping spree) lol

Twigglet
    Well done on maintaining your loss so far.
    Speedy recovery to your daughter too.
    I’ve been a on the other end as a patient the last 6 months so I’m sure she happy you nursing skills.
    Lynda

Hi audrey
    What’s the best app or search for calories please.

Lynda

Hi Lynda,

Both me and ginette use my fitness pal you can log calories and exercise and it tracks your calories for you.

Hope you like it,

Off to do workout now on wii 80 mins!

Audrey

Hi am back on wagon after falling off with style over the past 8 days – gritted teeth stepped on scales to survey damage eek 8lbs on!! Am full of determination – if only losing weight were as easy as putting it back on – want to tortoise 14lbs by mid/end of August feel it is possible if I don’t have another ‘wagon’ episode.

That is to lose not tortoise!!!

Hi fizzy

some of that will be goods in transit and will be off again quickly, I had a few days away and put on more, but a lot of it quietly disappeared while I was busy mumping about it.

Audrey and I are having a surge for August so we’ll be egging you on got that stone you want off!!!! I think Ginette is joining us too, the best motivator we have!

Welcome back lizzy

Don’t fret to much, you have done the right thing by coming back, we have more or less all fallen of the wagon at one time or another the knack is to get back on again which you are doing.

I am fasting today, when are you doing yours?

Audrey

Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is well, at last a sunny day here in the South

Lynda congrats on 7 Ibs! that’s also my weight loss, and no-one has noticed yet!, hope they do when it’s 10 Ibs
    Twigglet hoping your daughter is feeling a bit better
    Welshy go for it, 11 Ibs is fab!

Fizzy, welcome back! I’m sure you can do it! I fell off the wagon big time last week, and was quite depressed, massive sugar cravings and succumbed to it. This week I’m like new me, determined and found FD yesterday ok, and the support on this forum is fantastic. As I think the cravings are hormonal am going to be on “high alert” next month, and if I have any feelings will get myself away from the situ! Luckily didn’t do much damage still have 7/8 Ibs loss. I’ve put cards up on my kitchen cupboard of all the FD’s until August 20, that’s a week before I go on holiday (audrey and milena, will join you for the surge :), there are 27 FD’s and I may add some 4:3’s, let’s see. I want to break it into doable goals.

Good and bad news in the changing room in H and M, took back some trousers, and tried on some more, they were too baggy, I usually go for the “boyfriend” slouchy look, but this time no good, so at least size wise getting smaller, but lo behold, in the changing saw stretch marks on my derriere, what the hell? have not had these since teens! will get out the Bio oil

Happy Fasting to everyone

Milena,

Just done 80 mins workout on the wii.

Absolutely shattered now hope the surge is worth it hehe.

I am off on Friday till week on sat, then back for 1 week then away again for 2. Not sure how I am going to workout whilst in caravan? Any ideas

Audrey

I was just reading your post Beldy and I’ve realised that is me today. It’s a NFD but I’m very very tired (haven’t slept great last few days for various reasons) and so I’m just craving food and sugar. Period starts in a few days too which can’t be helping. But you’ve made me realise exactly why I’m craving them. Thank you Beldy!

As its a NFD today I’ve decided I’m going to allow myself to eat as much as I want…but only healthy foods and nothing high sugar/carb as I know it will only make it worse. A good nap would solve the problem but the non-napping toddler won’t allow it!

Audrey, could you work out on the steps up to the caravan?!

xXx

Ginette

The vibra power disc is on ideal world at 12. Channel 22 on free view

This is the one I have, ignore the price look on ebay if you are interested.

Welshy

If I did that I think the whole campsite would watch! And probably have a good laugh too, I think there is a swimming pool near Holyhead so I may buy a swim suit and try that instead,its a long time since I wore one but who knows me there!

Audrey

Hi Lynda

Yes I did Slimming World twice!! The fist time I delighted in carbs and sometimes put weight on while the person who I went with had low carbs (red days). I can remember everyday she ate 2 egg sandwiches made with wholemeal Danish bread – very light and 50 calories a slice. She did brilliantly and lost loads.

I left after weeks of yo yo and not even far from my original weight either. The second time I decided to to more days of low carbs and some of low meat. Well this initially worked better. They had low syn chocolate bars that I would buy….they lasted about 2 days….that wasn’t the idea I realise that. I just loved the pasta and the baked potatoes and slimming world chips and of course their chocolate bars…….yes this was the same as they time before…..I used the excuses……a difficult time at work etc – it really was but I should have paid more attention to the calories.

So carb lovers out there, I enjoyed them but they were almost a necessity to me…..carb addiction I fear. I now have cut down……my mistake, my body has cut me down as it doesn’t need them so much. Yes, I still have them potatoes 3/4 nights a week – usually 3. Lovely granary wholemeal or seeded 2/4 iMessage a week – usually 2/3. I haven’t even decided that, the decision was taken out of my hands by my body. How nice that it really doesn’t need that much. Chocolate I could eat 3 x100gm bars over the course of a week. None for 5 1/2 weeks due to the FBD. Fast Beach Diet for anyone new here. This is 5:2 without the treats (I have been out about three times during this and have had a treat) but never at home.

So that was my change. My son was doing 5:2 and was losing weight, he encouraged me do try it. He was really worried about my health. At 8 stone overweight (and I had lost a stone so it was 9) I decided it was worth a try.

Since then I have lost and gained. Lost over 2 stone more from second week in January and gained some good forum friends and a whole community!! What could be better.

I would love to run a 5:2 slimming club, what a thought!! I do believe that you have to truly believe in it and have experienced it, and have lost weight to be able to pass this onto other people. Maybe £3 a week as there is the hall to pay for! I think it would be a good idea, think of all the recipes …..aren’t people ready for a new way??

Sorry if I am evangelising a bit….and boy! can I go on…..

Yes Lynda my fitness pal is good to monitor weight loss, find foods and measure calories. There is even a part that you can scan foods to put them in. It works 99% of time but a friend scanned something and that was pork stakes but showed up as being octopus, she did this a couple of times but it was the same….exotic eh!!

I don’t like the way that you can look up a kiwi and it has different calories in Asda, Sainsburys or Morrison’s. Also Other fruit. It sometimes gives you measurements in cups. Well what use is that!! What kind of cup how much does it hold!! Give me measurements in 100gms any time. But overall it is a brilliant app so don’t be put off. I also use another one to log weight and set targets. I like this as it shows my BMI I was in between to ranges and I can tell you I am now in the severely obese range……no I know it doesn’t sound a lot to other people, but I was morbidly obese and now I’m in the next range down. A result!!

Yes it will be nice to surprise hubby!!

Hi Welshy

You will know when it’s time to put a spurt on join Milena, Audrey and I for our August challenge. You can do it – if I can you can, you just have to get that urge!! Go girl, join us….

Hi Twigglet

You will find the skills you need for your daughter. I’m so sorry for her it sounds as she has gone through a rough time, you as well need the rest and home is the best place. Build in some relaxation time. You will cope admirably, we often do when we need to.

As her nurse you need to look after yourself as well.

I wish her well soon.

Thank you Twigglet but this was put to the test a couple of weeks ago when I had lost nearly 3 stone. If they noticed they didn’t say anything. Ah well I’m not too despondent as it will happen in time.

Size 12 well I would be delirious! I lost weight once a lot of it and did look gaunt, I lost too much…..I think your skin needs to catch up with you, also worry isn’t too kind to our faces. I am sure you have been tarred and worried about your daughter, you will start to relax.

Hi Audrey

What can I say, thank goodness you are going away it gives me time to catch up with you!! The honeymoon sounds nice though. I know that is later in the year.

Maybe walking would be a way of keeping up some exercise. You do deserve some rest time though as you have been working so hard. Enjoy it, take a book and relax. Exercise will be there when you get home again.

Hi Welshy

When I first started 5:2 I was craving sugar. I made sugar free jellies and had them with youghurt. These did the trick. I even had them on fast days, in fact I am going to make one today. A nice lime one as I have Muller light coconut and a hint of lime, these will go together nicely. I only have a little of it over the jelly. I am trying to change over to good youghurts but keep these for fast days. 99 calories the whole so I gauge this with what I have eaten. Lovely for the warmer weather – I am not sure if those would freeze well has anybody tried?

Hi Lynda

Sorry to hear that you have been unwell, I hope you are feeling better now.

Hi Audrey

I don’t have shopping channels on the TV as I don’t watch them. I have been led into buying things in the past. Maybe I can see it online. Thanks

Have a good day all.

Ginette

Hi Fizzy

I’m so sorry that I missed you out. Well as Milena says food in transit, it won’t be as bad as it looks. Yes join us, better to have a few of us doing it together.

……now Milena, you didn’t for one minute think I would let you do it without me, did you? No chance!! Although I can relax when you go on holiday…….

Thank goodness!

Ginette

Hi Audrey

who are you going with?

Milena,

I am going with husband, we are going the day after daughters wedding, Ian my oh keeps saying we are having a second honeymoon don’t think so not with my dodgy back hehe !

☺ Audrey

Hi Audrey

The vibration plate is meant to help backs.

Best of luck to your husband……..

Ginette

So yesterday ended up being a bit of a sh*t day for various reasons I won’t go in to. Couple that with the exhaustion of not sleeping well for several nights and you get a day full of cakes, biscuits, chips, macaroni cheese and some chocolate. The only thing missing was the wine (there was some in fridge but I don’t drink during the week) Not the best NFD I’ve had!!

This morning I stepped on to the scales to see the damage. I was dreading it…and id lost 0.25lbs!!! Explain that one! Maybe it will take time to come through and show on the scales. Although part of me actually believes that my body needed some of that yesterday. Like I said, I was too exhausted to function and so my body was needing sugar/carbs to get through the day. I also get very short tempered with my daughter when I’m tired so was glad for the energy boost to stop that from happening as its not fair to her. And I guess it proves that I’m a bit of an emotional eater at times. But show me someone who isn’t! Even people who are a healthy weight are emotional eaters.

Back on a fast day today thankfully and I’m looking forward to it. I’m guessing it will be a bit tough due to yesterday’s binge but I’ve got lots of shopping and housework to keep me busy and distracted. Haven’t decided what to cook for dinner yet but I’m going shopping later. That was the first really bad day since starting so not bad for 7 weeks. A better day today already so that’ll help with the fast.

Good luck to all fasters today

Welshy xXx

Oh Welshy

Sorry to hear of your awful day yesterday, hope it’s better for you today, on the good side it’s only one day and not the whole week!

I have had 2 good fast days and loads of exercise and gained .2 of a lb! Work that one out.

It’s not putting me off, a good day today and more exercise and we will see what tomorrow brings.

I am away from tomorrow till week on Sunday, so will be flying solo and out of touch. I am going to caravan then off for monthly visit to mums who tries to sabotage me! She thinks if I fast one day I can eat cream cakes after!

Lots of luck to everyone, have a good day fast or feast!

Ginette the vibration plate is good for backs but not THAT GOOD! Hehe
    Audrey

Ah Welshy, we all have days like that. Probably you ate like that most days pre 5:2 without a second thought, so look how far you have come. I would have had the wine too!

I don’t normally post on this thread, but if anyone wants to join our select and secret Facebook group see my profile. Secret in that posts can not be seen by your other Facebook friends. It’s a good way of private messaging and swapping tips and photos.

Happy Fasting!

Good morning – I am on a fd today and am actually looking forward to it! Tried to do fd yesterday but fell by wayside as youngest son had football match in milton Keynes and on way home picked up fishcakes and chips for all three boys as was late and they were “starving!” The smell of the chips was too tempting and I caved in and had some with pickled beetroot (isn’t beetroot supposed to be good?) Am getting a real taste for pickled beetroot but it makes my wee a bit of an alarming colour perhaps am eating too much!! So fd went out of window but like I said today am looking forward…

Thanks. Today is already better than yesterday! I think my saving grace yesterday was that while I didn’t eat great foods I didn’t have huge portions. Before I would have stuffed my face till I was uncomfortably full whereas I just had small portions. And the chocolate was 4 squares of dark orange chocolate. So it wasn’t great but could have been much worse. I nearly had a big portion of chocolate ice cream (one of my weaknesses) but when partner said “aren’t you being good at the moment?” I settled for a little bit of choc instead!
    And you’re right Applepie. I would have eaten that and more without a second thought before so I know I’ve definately progressed. And the portion size is a big thing for me too. Before I would always serve up myself the bigger portion of chips and then still finish up the ones on partners plate (or leave some on the tray so when I took the plates out I could secretly eat them!) so by having small bits of naughty foods is definately a good way to go
    Audrey: it proves that while we know a lot about food/our bodies sometimes it just doesn’t make sense!!! As long as generally it’s going in the right direction when we follow the rules. There are so many factors that affect us eg my period is due in a few days so I’m sure that’s affecting my weight/metabolism/hormones/cravings etc in ways that I don’t even realise or notice. But we have to just keep plodding away and overall it should all balance out

Here’s to a good day fasting and the Lou da melting away 🙂

Welshy xXx

Lou da!?!

That should say “and the pounds melting away”

Stupid phone…

Welshy

One diet don’t ruin a diet as long as you get straight back on it.

Really cuffed with my 3lb lost this week 10lb in 4 weeks, I can nearly see that stone.

Off to hospital later hopefully I can lose this sexy shoe I wear.

All have a good day lynda

That don’t make sense *day

Lynda,

Good luck at hospital let us know how you get on. Well done on weight loss that is fantastic news.

Audrey

Lynda: how true that is. And I am straight back on it. Fast day today and going well so far. A little peckish but nothing a drink won’t solve. And I’ve just bought the ingredients for a lovely stir fry tonight to look forward to 🙂

xXx

afternoon all

Hospital went well I can put my trainers on……not quite ready for a power walk yet little by little I will get there.

Just stopped at the co-op and pick up some fruit and veg and when I got home checked my receipt and I won a box of Maltese’s. Hope they not to high in calories.

Lynda

Lynda,

Glad you are getting better. Just because you won maltesers doesn’t mean you have to eat them! Hehe

Audrey

Hi Welshy

The video posted earlier in the week says if we have an off day or what I consider a treat day it will not affect us unduly. We by this time have broken our addictions and unlike alcoholics can have a bit of what we want without starting cravings again. (That last sentence was my interpretation).

You certainly pushed the boat out….. A day like this once in while well not have any long term effect and you may find that you will still have lost something if you other days were good. This week a small weight loss next week I’m sure it will be better, keep faith.

I know because I had two weeks with a lot of chocolate and only lost half a pound on each. In me, this made me want to pull myself together, worried that I was in danger going down the wrong road again. Hence decided to support Milena and try the FBD. I really didn’t struggle until this last week and that isn’t really a struggle, just because I can’t wait for the end to be here so I CAN eat those foods that I fancy.

Do you remember first fast days and did you think about all the things you could have the following day? Did you have them……I know I didn’t, it was just that I could have them, I think this will be the same. With Milena making lists of what she would like I started to think about the things that I would like …..will I eat them? I shall let you know. I do know that I have lost a lot of weight in a short time – sometimes I think maybe a little too much, I know strange to think, but I do like my skin to catch up with weight loss. Not that I am really complaining too much, I am looking forward to last weigh in day, Saturday and measuring next week to see total weight and inches lost.

I have to make sure cats aren’t too close as they like to chase the tape measure as I am doing it!!

Hi Audrey

Yours too will show up. If you are like me when exercising, you will drink loads of water. I normally drink two pints of water and still drink six large cups of tea. I have just measure it and made a cup of tea jest under 400 mls or 14oz. So you can tell that is a lot in a day 2 + litres of tea and normally some water but on exercise days more. As you body is needing more when you exercise, is it also storing more – may you pee for England and so get rid of excess. I do have days off inbetween, so this may address the balance.

Oh well as for vibration plates…..poor hubby 🙁

Hi Apple pie, nice to see you here. Yes some of us get around…

Hi again Welshy

Well nice to see a better day. I had everything on 5:2 but in moderation. Every couple of weeks I would get a pensioners large fish and chips for my stepmums and then we would eat half each. The pensioners chips are much smaller so I only had a few. I would have some squares of chocolate during the week, also an ice cream, sometimes a small piece of cake where as before I would eat a large one…..and I still lost weight. Isn’t this what 5:2 is all about.

Enjoying life having some of what you want, fasting two days and just feeling an eye on your weight. If it goes up or you have a smaller loss that’s you want, just make next week a better week. You shouldn’t feel that you are on a diet the rest of the week. That is the whole point. So don’t feel bad we have all had bad days and bad weeks. Just have a better one this week.

Re hormones. Try sugar free jelly and youghurt if you fancy a sweet fix. Works for me, I even have it sometimes on fast days especially in the warmer weather.

Hi Fizzy

Yes I had this before 5:2 about every two weeks read above…. No harm done by it, remember the saying a litte of what we fancy does us good…..well this works for me. Don’t fret about this.

Lynda

Well done fantastic loss, you must be thrilled, are clothes feeling looser now? I love maltesers. A box well too easy to eat. If you are strong enoug allow yourself a certain number at once and then hide the box away, or share with someone who will eat far more than you. Me I would hide it from myself. I know….yes it is hidden from sight…but I can find it. I just find the hidden from sight bit works for me. I have had two chocolate bars hidden from sight for nearly 5 weeks now. Yes I know they are there, but I can’t touch them until next week, I shall wait until I fancy them after this. I am glad hospital went well. Must be nice to have trainers back on.

Hi Audrey

True but I wouldn’t resist completely – down to the individual I suppose. I like that fact that I can restrict though. This gives me a great feeling of control.

NFD for me today and a FD tomorrow as I would like to finish FBD with a flourish. I know it isn’t over until Sunday but weigh in day is Saturday for me. Even had a bank holiday in this week.

Have a good day all.

Ginette

Well officially under half a week left of FBD. Nearly there……

Evening everyone, hope you’ve had good days fasting or not. I’ve been really good today but just waiting for my boy to get home from work so I can eat!

A friend of mine out this article on Facebook. A fascinating read that raises a lot of interesting points. Main thing for me is how the media love a sensationalist headline. I personally remember reading in a paper about how an apple a day was one of the best things you can do for your health, only to read in the same paper the next day that too many apples could cause cancer. No wonder people are confused and struggling with weight loss. I know everyone on here isn’t stupid but it worries me that there are peop out there who will believe all these headlines. It’s quite a long article but the first few paragraphs sum it up generally. I also like the final quote 🙂

http://io9.com/i-fooled-millions-into-thinking-chocolate-helps-weight-1707251800

Welshy xXx

Hi everyone,

Just finishing another ok NFD, I am beginning to find them easier, and this week especially have not had the intense sugar cravings, so glad. I have a FD tomorrow, not ideal, I don’t know about anyone else but by Friday, I’ve run out of “beans” between work, exercise, FD’s and general ups and downs of a normal week, so TGIF maybe, but a whole FD to do (sigh) I usually do Thurs FD to be honest, but knew today there would be a few treats at work, which I managed to avoid anyway, thank god, it’s the end of term and students bring in cakes and junk!
    Last night we had a do at Zumba, to celebrate me giving classes, now I’ve been doing it for a year 🙂 I don’t tell them I’m doing the 5:2, as they might ask for their money back!! haha, funnily enough some of them have lost weight from Zumba alone. Welshy you do fitsteps did you say? I might be doing the training so I can add a bit of variety in the classes, that would deffo be a goal. I do a lot of exercise, and have read that this can have an adverse effect on your body (e.g loads of cardio) as it puts the body under stress, it releases stress hormones which inhibit weight loss, really? I do know that strength training, HITT and weights are the way forward but they are my least favourite. Basically I think you have to find something which is fun, and Zumba, Salsa etc is my all out passion..
    Saying hi to you all, Ginette, last few days on FBD? hi Lynda, Fizzy, Audrey, Applepie!..

hi beldyboop,

What’s FBD stand for new to this?

To Lynda9123
    FBD = Fast Beach Diet

Hi Welsy

Glad you day went well. How odd people are – why would you want to trick people into thinking that they can loose weight by eating chocolate. An odd idea. Anyone would know that we have to have a balanced diet to get everything we need and yes it can include some chocolate. A nasty con trick. Thanks for the link.

I did see the story about chocolate but ignored it.

Hi Beldyboop

Yes you will find them easier and the sugar cravings get less. I would always go for sweet over savoury. I still like to have the odd sweet thing, but it is well in control.

I’ve got a FD tomorrow and then I can relax at the weekend.

I agree you have to have exercise that is fun….look at Audrey, I think I shall call her the Duracell bunny as she just keeps going.

Hi Lynda

Yes FBD is fast beach diet. It is basically the same as 5:2 but a lot stricter. I wouldn’t reccomended it for anybody that hasn’t done 5:2 for three months. I personally think that three weeks of it would be enough to change your food habits. But I am nearing the end of six now.

Trouble is that people keep setting challenges and I can’t resist them….

Anything you don’t understand just ask.

Hi Hilary

Nice to see a new face, are you on another thread?

Ginette

For all of those with children ar grandchildren. This is shocking.

‘Healthy’ fruit snacks with more sugar than Haribo: Packet of raisins or yoghurt coated strawberry pieces have more than four teaspoons per serving
    http://dailym.ai/1G4zihD

I have had them myself…..obviously young at heart!!

Ginette

So last weigh in before I go away. I have lost .5 of a lb. But I have realised that in 9 days I have lost 2.5 lb so that is pretty good overall.

I will not be able to weigh in now until week on Sunday when I am back from mums so I am off piste again and away from security of scales and Internet!

I am hoping my new smart phone will at least let me connect to the mobile Web so I can log into my fitness pal to put meals in.

I will post again later this morning then log out of the forum until I get home.

2 weeks on sat till wedding I am getting excited now!

Good luck to all for today

Audrey

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 35,381 total)

You must be logged in to reply.