Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,827 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hemmy 44 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 35,312 total)

• Milena: Long Island Vodka? Never heard of that before – what is it? and unfortuntaely I don’t like bitters/beers/ciders/soda water/tonic water (I’m not trying to be difficult I swear!!! lol I’m just apparently very fussy in what I like!)

Ginette: I know squash isn’t great for me, but its probably the best I can do. I don’t use much, but I do need to taste it. If I make it up as directed, then it equates to 5cal/250ml but I probably make it weaker than they recommend. Im happy drinking it at the moment, I’m losing a pound every fast day (so 2-3lbs a week) and so its coming off steadily. If I plateau, then I’ll start worrying about reducing the squash and finding alternatives.

I saw the two guys promoting that show earlier in the week. Sounded very interesting. I might try and catch up on it later on iplayer.

Been pretty good today and enjoyed all the food I ate. Going to go for another row in the morning and then its FD Number 2 of the week. Who else is fasting tomorrow? (Thurs)

xXx

Ginette: I forgot, I usually weigh Monday morning and also the morning after a FD. So I ended up doing it several times a week but I find it really helps me. I know there’ll be ups and downs but it really keeps me on track and gives me motivation. Either I’ve lost and it confirms its working and so spurs me on to do it again or I don’t lose and it motivates me to fast again to make sure I do lose. Motivation has always alluded me a bit and this way it really keeps me on track. Plus I don’t think I have the patience to wait a week to see if it worked!!

xXx

Hi

Dunno where the Island came from, but strangely I don’t like bitters or soda water, but the long vodka really tastes good.

Saw a recipe for strawberry mohito, fresh crushed strawberries, mint and rum. Not a rum drinkers but like mohitos.

Hi Welshy

If you are managing get not to binge carbs then this is fine. Carbs are fine in their place. I used to eat such a lot and would easily eat only carbs. Now my diet is more healthy and this is the way it has changed me to eat. This wasn’t done with any thought on my part. Changing was easy.

I now just want less of the foods that I might love, but that might be bad for me. Don’t beat yourself up. It isn’t worth it. If you are in control then that’s all that counts.

I haven’t had a chance to watch it yet. But will do tomorrow.

I was the same as you weighing constantly for the first three months. Now only since the FBD have I only weighed once a week. I could cope with the ups and downs, but I know some people feel really bad about the ups. I only record my weight once a week.

I had someone notice that I had lost weight tonight and he sees me nearly every day. I also spoke to my son and he was hurt as he said that when he told me he could see it he was just being encouraging.

So result!!!

Ginette

Woop! Lost 2lbs so far this week so 10lbs down. I’ve just remembered Ive got a hen do in 2 weeks so would LOVE to be a stone down by then. It will be tough as I really can’t afford any relaxing on weekends but it’s achievable.

Just had the invite through for a wedding in mid July and after googling the venues I’m realising they’re quite fancy so suddenly very got myself a new deadline for my first big target (1.5stone) which is I know I can do, so fingers crossed!

Got my mum visiting for the weekend but she’s on slimming world (2stone down) and so won’t be looking for indulgent weekend thankfully. I’m doing this gorgeous Jamie Oliver recipie for stir fry beef tonight (strawberries for dessert) and then tomorrow simply drumsticks, new potatoes and salad. We’re out Sunday at a music festival so won’t have much control over food that day (it’ll just be burger vans etc). Hopefully I can find some of the more alternative venues with something less greasy! I’ll prob be enjoying a few drinks with friends too! and then we’re out for a meal Monday too.

I’ve noticed since starting that I want and are able to eat much smaller meals than before. I used to eat till I physically couldn’t eat another mouthful but now I’m filling much quicker and don’t like feeling too full so simply eating till I’m satisfied. So tonight (a NFD) I know I’m quite happy having a small portion of rice rather than the mountain I used to eat.

Anyone got any nice plans for the weekend?

xXx

Oh and that just be fab to have someone notice the weight loss Ginette. I hope it put a spring in your step. You deserve it for surviving the FBD. I can’t wait till I have the big “before” pic and the slim “after” picture next to each other-that’s when you really notice it!!

xXx

Well done Welshy,

Congratulations on your weight loss you are doing fantastic carry on.

Audrey

Well Done Welshy

A good loss – always good going for targets. Yes someone noticing was a long time coming. I’m really pleased.

I didn’t take any pictures as I really don’t like them.

I don’t want a reminder of how big I was. I can see it helps some people. I did take measurements though and I will be measuring afterwards. That will be nice because I really feel as if I have lost weight.

In about November I have an extended family dinner. Once a year is lovely as we can catch up. More than that we don’t really have much to say. Unlike me here of course, where I am always rabbiting on.

I am sure that it will be even more noticeable then as that is months away.

I did slimming world and didn’t do very well unlike some of the other people. I love cards and would eat baked potatoes, pasta, slimming world chips and lots of vegetables but only a little protein. I hardly lost at all, so it became a chore. Someone who joined at the same time did mainly proteins and vegetables but very little carbs. She did brilliantly. For this way of life I have lots of vegetables and quite a bit of protein and some carbs. I am losing weight steadily. For me it is really about carbs, they may be fine for others but they aren’t good for me. Also FBD has really speeded me up.

Have a lovely meal. I really hope she notices and you can see changes in her. Sounds like food choices you are making are really good so you can afford a little bit of indulgence here and there.

Ginette

Thank you ladies. Feeling. Really good at the moment. I think I might have noticed it coming off my hips/muffin top a bit too.

Dinner was delish, even if I did add too much chilli. I deliberately have myself a fairly small portion of rice and didn’t have the choc ice cream that everyone else had, although have indulged in 2 glasses of wine. The only other meal I’ve had is a small sandwich for lunch. I know that I’m quite lucky that I can still eat some carbs (SOME, not lots!) and still do alright. Today’s has felt like I’ve had one of my best NFDs so far. I don’t kormally calorie count exactly but just use “common sense” of high/low calorie foods and if I’ve eaten well (quite frankly, I haven’t got time with a toddler running around)

I asked my mum how she was doing with slimming world and she lost 2 and a quarter stone for Easter but hasn’t lost since then. I think it’s more that she’s had a busy time with meals out etc but will get back on it soon. I’ve def noticed her looking slimmer but she hasn’t noticed it on me yet 🙁 oh well, better lose lots more hadn’t I!? 🙂 I think she’s happy with what I’m cooking for her but when she says she can eat as much rice/pasta as she wants I find it slightly amazing. She’s lost slowly and steadily though until Easter. She’s nearly 65 so she’s going to finder harder than me (I’m 29 in July). I hope that doesn’t sound arrogant, I just mean that its well known that it’s harder lose as you get older. I’m still running after a toddler and dog all day long after all!

A big family meal once a year sounds a lovely idea, are you going to use that as a target for your weight loss?

xXx

Hi Welshy

No not really as it isn’t an event for me as such. I shall lose quite a bit more by then. Use my slimming world story to tell your mum, maybe if she did less carbs she would lose more quickly. I know it worked for me and the friend who was on slimming world. I still have them and enjoy them, but not even on a daily basis. Not because I am trying not to but because that’s the way fasting has changed what I want.

Well I am at the end of another fast day and tomorrow I can eat what I want (within reason and FBD guidelines). I have an inkling I have some bacon in the freezer and bacon sandwich on granary bread sounds wonderful. Lasagne and vegetables for dinner as you see two lots of carbs in one day.

I shall enjoy my food, although I always do, this was the problem. When slimming world told me I could eat as much as I wanted of certain foods – I did. So big jacket potato, 2 plates of pasta with sauce. For me it really had the opposite effect I put on weight, sticking to their guidelines.

No more 5:2 all the way now.

You will lose more and it will show. It depends on how much you have to lose, how quickly it shows up.

I love chilli flavouring. I think your Mum is finding it harder not because she is older, but that she is maybe not eating the bast foods for her. As long as she is losing, she knows it’s working.

Yes dinner sounds lovely, where do you live? Maybe I can pop around…..

Ginette

Hi everyone,

Yes also a Chilli fan, love hot and spicy foods, but very rarely eat for example, curries. Use chilli in stews and also cayenne pepper.

Just seen the film Fed Up, (about obesity in the US) it really brought it home for me! especially food choices. They compared someone eating 160 cals worth of almonds, versus 160 cals worth of coke, the coke causes an insulin spike due to the sudden sugar intake, so the body has to react by converting it into fat, as I understood it, whereas because the almonds contained the fiber the body was able to process them slower…sorry for the human biology lesson! I think the important lesson is the amount of sugar per gramm of what you’re eating or drinking, and the manufacturers fool us, again and again..Am doing some re-thinking today. I don’t actually eat a lot of processed food, as it’s not good for under-active thyroid. I do enjoy wine though, and that unfortunately goes straight to the fat cells! and no nutrition.

Welshy I understand, no-one has commented on my weight loss, at all! it’s a bit gutting, but it will happen. I think eating is a bit of an un-exact science, it’s not just calories in versus out, but the quality of those calories, and some people metabolize and deal with carbs more efficiently perhaps? not me it has to be said, lol.

Ginette, congrats on your weight loss!. I agree with you on cutting down on some carbs, mainly because when we all get to maintenance and 6:1, we’ll be equipped to manage food choices and not go back to bad habits…

Happy fasting!

Big drum roll please.

I have been on scales and am now into the 140s wow didn’t think I could do it.

Thanks ginette and Co for all your support!

onward and downward we go.

Audrey

Hi Beldyboop

Yes I agree not as simple as food in food out. It does depend of the type of food. I didn’t really cut carbs down by body chose not to want them and I just listened.

I wonder if that is available here to watch?

Yes well done Audrey.

I too have lost 2lbs. So a good result. One more and I will have lost a stone on FBD as I only have a week to go this will be great.

Have a good weekend all.

Ginette

Ginette,

You have done so well you must be very happy with the weight loss so far. I have now lost 20 lb can’t believe it

Audrey

Hi there

Congrats to both of you for weight loss! Audrey 20 Ibs amazing!
    Ginette, 1 stone! only a week to go, very inspiring!

The documentary Fed Up, is available on Netflix, if you subscribe to it..

I haven’t lost weight this week, I know why! had some dodgy days, I will be able to tell properly on Monday, 8 Ibs still off from April 7 when I started, next mini-goal is stone by the end of June, may be tough, but am going to quit the vino, and see if that calms everything down..

Best wishes

Bella

Hi Bella

Yes, just keep track of what you are eating next week and tighten up a bit. That normally does the trick.

Yes being an idiot as it did sound familiar someone has reminded me that I have seen it…..not only that but recommended it in the forum…..sorry I can only think about that bacon sandwich……

Off to get it now!!

Ginette

Well done Audrey: that’s an amazing weight loss. You’ve done fantastic.
    And well done Ginette: youve done so well to survive the FBD. Are you going to keep any habits from it or go back to normal 5:2 once it’s finished?
    Bella: don’t worry about no loss this week. You haven’t out anything on so that’s always an achievement for me!! We’re similar in our loss so far (10lbs so far) and I’m going to really push for a stone by 6th June as I have a hen do. I’ve also got party for partners birthday at end of June so def want to lose at least a stone by then too if I miss the hen do target.

I’ve had a fairly good weekend although have had two glasses of wine the last two evenings and I did have a dessert last night but it was strawberries and a small bit of ice cream. So could’ve been worse! Unfortunately today I’m at a music festival so food is difficult to control. Going to have breakfast as late as possible to limit the munchies there. Not going to drink too much but will have some towards the eve. Checked my weight this morn to make sure I’m still on track and haven’t put anything on so far this weekend-always good for me! Haven’t quite worked out when I’m fasting next week yet-bank hols always throw me and my mums staying till Tuesday.

Hope you all have a lovely healthy day

Welshy xXx

Hope you enjoyed your bacon buttie Ginette!!

xXx

Actually, scrap that, I’ve just had an idea! I’m going to turn today’s problematic day into a positive-a fast day!

I won’t drink alcohol at the festival (cheaper too!) and I’ll have some cereal this morning and then eat nothing for the rest of the day. The only problem could be that I normally eat at the end of the day rather than the start so might be hungrier than normal but with plenty of friends to talk to and music to watch I should have enough to distract me. I’ll try my best. It’s not the end of the world if I don’t manage it but ill give it a go

(I hope I don’t need the loo after drinking lots of water as I hate festival portaloos-they’re disgusting!!!)

xXx

Morning people

I don’t know why but this tablet won’t let me say how much I have lost it is 24 lb not 20 lb!

Welshy enjoy the festival, hope weather is better than here this raining.

Ginette, hope bacon butty was good.

Beldy, better luck for next week, stay off the wine! I haven’t had a glass for so long now I think I will be drunk at the wedding after the toast!

Enjoy what’s left of the bank holiday

Audrey

Hi all
    New to this 5;2 fasting lost 7lb so far, really pleased with that as had a op on my foot so can’t get to the food cupboards and refrigerator easy and no exercise either.
    Aiming to lose 3st by next April son getting married.
    Keep up the good work every one.
    Lynda

Hi Audrey

So sorry I didn’t post to you yesterday about your brilliant weight loss. Our posts may have crossed and I only had a bacon sandwich in my sites.

If you are anything like me – I started not even knowing it was possible to lose weight likes this, then I thought the first couple of weeks my be a fluke – then I continued and started to beleve……fast forward a few months and now I find it unbelievable and amazing that I can lose weight week after week, as long as I play by the rules.

So yes I’m converted. I know know that I don’t either need of want the food that I ate before.

Audrey that is a fantastic loss. You usually find those that are struggle have too much of the foods that they ate before and that really is the difference. There is the very unusual cases but valid reasons that sometimes medication fights against our bodies – maybe this is their way of not putting on weight, not as good as losing and really frustrating. I have only known one person on this forum to have this problem, others tend to use it as an excuse.

They are only lying to themselves. Sad………

Hi Welshy

Yes I’m still alive and will survive to the end of it…….

I think that it will make me think more about food now, I started this deciding to calorie count for six weeks. I thought that this would be a difficult task…..strangely addictive though. Counting calories is something I can see people want to avoid long term although I have always suggested people do it for just a couple of weeks. You will get some surprises, yes good and very bad……and eye opening experience.

I counted at the beginning of 5:2 just to reacquaint myself with calorie values and amount of food I could eat of certain foods. It led me to making better choices. I was shocked at how little …..for example, potato I could have weight wise for the calories…. This is a wake up call, I know now how I got to be overweight in the first place…….apart from of course sheer over indulgence!

Yes, it really helped me, one place I draw the line though I will not take scales out with me to a restaurant or someone else’s house and weigh the food. If I go to Pam’s (stepmums) on a fast day I take my food with me already weighed. This has helped me succeed. She ate a chocolate trifle yesterday…….did I give it ….no. Had it not been for FBD I would have had some.

I am not trying to encourage any of you onto this, but just to let you know I think that three weeks doing it would be plenty of time to be a really eye opener, time to make changes.

Only time will tell the changes I make, I do think that I will be more aware and therefore eat much less of the foods that I love….will I give them up…..not a chance!!

Ah…..my bacon buttie, well sad to say it was a little too healthy, I added lettuce and a large tomato, the rules being that I couldn’t really taste the bacon in its glory. So I still have more bacon and Tuesday or Thursday will have it again. These days are in between fast days.

Audrey

Your tablet is just jealous……you show it!!

Hi Lynda

Welcome to the thread. How long have you been doing it? 7lb is a nice amount……. Whoever thought that a foot op would do you a favour……funny old world! The most important for weight loss is diet but exercise can help you lose weight and certainly tones. Audrey is on a mission……

3 stone is a very achievable amount. That is 42lb so would work out as 1lb a week with an odd week of no loss.

Where about in England are you? I am in the south.

Keep on posting and we will keep you strong and carry you with us to success.

Ginette

Hi Ginette
    Been on it for 3 weeks didn’t lose last week as had family staying over the weekend but didn’t put on either….phew!

Once my foot is better will go back to power walking.
    I’m in Wiltshire don’t know if south or west lol
    Thank you for including me Ginette
    I weigh in on a Thursday morning.
    Lynda

Hi Lynda

Welcome to our little group, 7 lbs is quite an achievement half a stone, well done. Keep to small achievable targets that seems to work!

I have been dieting for my daughters wedding it’s in 3 weeks now, just keep motivated and I am sure you will do it, you will get a lot of support and encouragement here.

Ginette I am now in Australia on the wii!

Audrey

Hi Audrey
    Thank you for the encouragement most appropriate.

I used to live in Australia when I was young,went out on the £10 flight from UK was only 4 yrs old came back when I was 11.

I’ve got a wii too will dust that off when foot better.

Cheers Lynda

lynda,

When you are ready to play on wii ginette and I will tell you about some good exercise games, but be warned they are addictive hehe she has got me on one now that has me exercising for an hr a day I can’t turn it off my poor Legs are falling off!

Audrey

Hi Lynda

Well done for not putting on.

I weigh on Saturdays. Never on a Monday after a big roast dinner the night before. I must say I always found two days after fast days would be the best time for me.

I used to be on and off those scales like an Irish or Scottish dancer!! Now it’s once a week, for what I hope is a nice surprise.

I sprained my knee badly a few years ago and had to have three weeks completely off of work and one week complete bed rest. I used to use the Wii at this time, in fact it was over zealous tennis that did it (on the Wii). I love that and could be playing tennis for ages…..that is why I worry about Audrey getting carried away. Well not to be beaten I used sports resort and a computer chair and really got into playing table tennis.

Ginette

Hi All

I link from another thread that somebody put on.

This is normal food that you will probably have a home and don’t need to go out armed with a long shopping list. Really simple everyday ideas.

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/538311/5-2-diet-meal-plans-what-to-eat-for-500-calorie-fast-days

and

http://www.allaboutyou.com/health/diet/diet-recipes-5-2-diet-2-day-diet

Ginette

Thanks ginette,

Will have a look at them later, I am fasting today.

Have weighed in I have lost 2lb this week thanks to you and all that wii play hehe

Lynda when are you fasting this week?

Audrey

Hi everyone,

Hi Lynda, well done for your weight loss, that’s a great start!
    This forum is so supportive!
    I’ve posted on another thread about my unsuccessful FD this w/e, so I won’t bore you all here! I’m back on track, and have had some wobbly days, not quite believing that 5:2 can work. Tomorrow is FD again, so luckily I’m quite determined now!
    Ginette, links look useful thanks
    Audrey, well done for the 2 Ibs, that’s awesome..
    Welshy hope you enjoy this music, am with you on the loo’s..

BB

Hi Audrey

I did answer your post on another two threads – it is nice to lose a good amount.

Hi Beldyboop

Wobbly days happen they can soon be wiped away, one good day and they are then history. If you move on and it get back into the swing of things again they will not do any damage.

Good luck for this week.

Ginette

Hi everyone!

Don’t on everyone’s weight loss. Definately better than last weeks busy naughty corner!

Thanks for the recipie links. I’ll have a look when I get a chance.

I survived my music festival (radio 1 Big weekend in Norwich) I didn’t have any alcohol all day although did have some sprite to keep me going-I forgot how long a day it is. On your feet from 11.15am (40min walk in) till 11.45pm we got back to mates house. I wasn’t planning on eating but actually I didn’t have brekkie and then thought I’d have something small there. I know I couldn’t control the food very much it’s the sort of day when you need energy to get through. In the end I had chicken noodles. It was actually very tasty and filling. I know it had to be over 500cal but it was the best I could manage! No other foods though: resisted free crisps, biscuits from friends and chips in the eve. So while it wasn’t a fast day it was a healthy day considering! Like I said-it was a long day and my feet are still hurting!

Monday was a bit tricky too as we were having lunch out with my mum and partners parents. Started out with fruit at mates house (no bacon buttie) then lunch of bruschetta, ravioli and one glass of wine (no dinner). I should have gone for a salad but I was still low on energy after the day before and it wasn’t an excessive portion. I did well until the eve when I ate a load of roses chocolates we were given (all the nut ones as they dont like nuts lol). My mum and I ate them all…this is why I don’t have chocolate in the house!! If it’s there, I’ll eat it!! But I’m actually pleased it’s all gone and out the way now otherwise I know I would have been tempted on FD.

Hopped on scales his morning and I’ve actually managed to lose another pound over the weekend of NFDs so really pleased, especially considering the chocolate last night which could have ruined my good work. Taking my mum to airport today and then going to have a FD which always makes me feel good so looking forward to it. Got a quiet weekend this week (at last!) so hopefully should lose my 3lbs before next weekends hen do.

Oh and my mum did notice my weight loss 🙂 she said she said it looked like if lost (didn’t knownive been dieting) so after a casual comment of “I’ve lost some” she asked me how much and I got to say 10lbs in 5weeks (admittedly week 6 I stayed the same!) and she was really impressed. YEY!

Hope you’re all well and happy fasting for the week ahead

xXx

Welshy, Well done on controlling what could have been a disastrous weekend and to lose a lb as well you did fantastic. I am so glad your mum noticed your weight loss you deserve it after losing 10 lb.

Beldy glad you are back on board and out the naughty corner.

Ginette I have set the exerbeat to do a 60 min workout now so just go on it and dance and do aerobics I am not keen on the boxing or hip hop!

Lynda are you still with us? What says are you fasting? don’t be a stranger!

Think I have mentioned everyone if not I apologise it’s still very early!

Audrey

Hi Audrey
    I’m still here, really please with myself with a day out to Bournemouth beach and on a fast day, had a coffee put my foot up and people watch with the hubby. Stopped on the way home in a harvester and had grilled chicken and salad and nothing else the rest of the day WOOPIEE!

Hey welshy
    (that’s my nickname too) well done on controlling you food intake that’s willpower for you. Have a great week.
    Lynda

Hubby going away for 6 weeks so when he comes home hopefully see a difference in me.
    All have a great day
    Lynda

Lynda

How are you going to manage without your husband? I hope you are not going to be struggling on your own.

Sounds like you made some good choices food wise yesterday, well done.

I fasted yesterday and am doing another tomorrow I am going to the shop shortly to buy some crumpets I know they are full of carbs but I just want some! So I will count the calories and enjoy them.

Hope you have a great day shout if you need us

Audrey

Hi
    New to this, did make a half hearted attempt a few months ago but am now going to read the book properly! I am thinking this will suit me well as when I was younger and slim I used to have days eating small amounts so I could eat more on social occasions.
    Here goes then.
    Bev

Hi bev
    Welcome to this group I only joined a few days ago.
    lovely friendly helpful girls on here.
    Didn’t know there was a book out will see if it dose kindle version.
    Gook luck this time round.

Lynda

Hi Welshy

I am so pleased that your Mum noticed your weight loss – what a bonus that she was also impressed. It must make you feel good.

I am so pleased that you were in control of your food as well – yes I know ……but the chocolates had nuts it and although calorific they take a lot for the system to break them down, so more calories used on digestion I imagine. A few things now and again are good for the moral and help us to stay on this WOL.

Your weekend sounded great as well.

Your noodles may have come in under calories. Check brand if you know with my fitness pal.

Still it was bank holiday weekend. To lose a 1lb is a real success. Well done!

Hi Audrey

Well done for 60 mins. I do 30 – 40.

I really thought you would like the boxing especially when you get to the longer ones, well it shows we are all different. Do you get a good workout out of the dancing? I am definetly out of breath with the boxing and hiphop.

Yes I’m fasting today.

Well done Lynda that is really good that you managed to avoid all of the traps. You will really have chance to get into it in the 6 weeks he is away.

Bournemouth beach – an hour away from me, where do you live?

Lynda

Here is a link to the kindle version.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Fast-Diet-Revised-Updated-ebook/dp/B00QEGDI30

Audrey

Enjoy your crumpets, just don’t eat the whole packet at once. We are meant to be able to eat things we like as well. Don’t forget that. Just not all that we like at once!!

I think that it will be easier without a husband and something to look forward to.

Bev

Welcome to this WOL I shall put a link in a post below, this is aimed at new people and those struggling. It is how I found it and what to expect as a lot of people have found.

Where in England do you live. I am in Hampshire and how much have you got to lose? I have just under six stone left to lose and had 8 when I started in January. It was nine last May, but I cut back on things that I shouldn’t eat and then in the second week of January started 5:2.

Ginette

Hi Bev

Welcome to the forum, if you get stuck on anything just ask, ginette is really good at getting answers for people and helping you settle in!

Ginette I have got my crumpets, going to have them for lunch but only 2, comes in at 97 kcal each plus spread not bad really.

I will give the boxing another go perhaps I am not far enough in yet.

Have a great day everyone

Audrey

Hi all again

I had to post this.

This is a link from another thread so I have watched it and found it fascinating. It really shows how we got to be so overweight in the beginning.

I am sure you will love this. It takes 5 minutes to go through the video, but it is 5 minutes well spent.

http://ed.ted.com/lessons/how-sugar-affects-the-brain-nicole-avena

Thanks to Salma for the link.

Ginette

Hi Lyinda and Bev

Good luck on your first week. Definetly the hardest.

Link to the other thread.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/my-10-week-weight-loss-week-by-week/#post-92327

Sue, if you are reading this then click on the link as well, it may help.

Ginette

I did something wonderful yesterday. I baked a fruit cake for my husband, on a fast day! I didn’t eat any, it smelt wonderful.

I have just enjoyed a slice all 168 kcal of it, think it tastes so much better because I waited!

This would not have happened 6 months ago. I know I would have eaten some straight away and also had a much bigger slice! I am finally changing!

Just wanted to share

Audrey

Hi and thanks so much for a wonderful warm welcome! So much appreciated.
    I am 5’7″, 13 stone and need to lose 2 1/2 stone. I don’t think 10 stone is realistic any more. I have been a yoyo for too long lol. The weight went on gradually and escalated when looking after my OH through cancer for 3 years. He is well and thriving! All that high calorie cooking to keep his weight up and he is just 9 stone!! I don’t worry because he has always been thin. So now to me. He nags about my bulging tummy (cheek!). My turn to be number one at least for now.
    We are in Berkshire and I am about to make a big bowl of mixed salad. Yum. I am so lucky do not have a sweet tooth but love cheese so stick to low fat ones now. Lovely to read of the success with this way of eating, just the inspiration I need! Thanks again and hope to show a good loss. Bev x

Hi Ginette

I live in pewsey not far from Marlborough don’t get to go to the beach much so was a lovely change.
    Thanks for the links.

Lynda x

Hi Bev,

I started 5 2 in jan this year I am 57 5 ft 2 inch and weighed 12st 6 (174 lb). I am now 24 lb lighter at 10 St 10 lb it is not a quick fix but it does work slowly n steadily.

I set off hoping to get to 10 St now I am thinking if going for 40 lb loss 9 St 6 lb , Which would put me at an healthy bmi for the first time in decades!

I believe anything is possible with this wol just keep on going!

Audrey

Hi Beverley, welcome

Good target to go for, I think most of us split our target into little bites – pardon the pun! I was 14st 5, at 5′ 2″ – I am aiming for 10 stone, though I thought at first it was too ambitious, especially as most days my target is to just eat a bit less than I need. Now though, 10 stone is hopefully an interim target, fantasising about getting under 9. We can dream! But a size 12 woukd be nice!

Firstly Audrey

Let me congratulate you on baking and only eating a slice. Great control.

No I need to pull you up on something – don’t underestimate what you have achieved. 24lbs since January is a fantastic achievement and many would be glad of this. Celebrate it – be proud!! I am proud of what you have achieved and you should be really pleased. Ok enough said, I think you may have got the idea!! I said to myself when I started if I lose 1 lb a week then that will be 26lb in six months. I have done this in four months and I am pleased and proud.

Yes it does change us. We can do things we never imagined possible a few months ago.

Hi Bev

Do you mind your name shortened? Two and a half is very achievable although it may feel like a really steep hill at the moment. Once we get into a routine it is easy. I am not just saying that as others can back me up.

It feels as if it will be difficult when starting, but some strange and unbelievable changes occur. Follow the link that I posted early for more of these. We lose out dependency on the foods that we love….this doesn’t mean that we can’t enjoy them from time to time, we just make choices and remain in control.

You have obviously been through a difficult and very worrying time. There is a lot of support here we push and pull each other forward and celebrate the losses and commiserate the gains…..if any. We do not judge but you can talk to us as much as you want, where other people may get fed us with us going on – we do not as we sometimes do as well. This is a proper community which offers help and encouragement and support at times of need.

Why don’t you join the mid 50s thread as well, some of us are also on that and ladies of a certain age. We all have similar problems….I guarantee the posts will keep you so busy that you haven’t got time to think about food!!

Yes I love cheese as well but have restricted it. Also chocolate, cakes etc. all restricted now. I still have what a want apart from the last six weeks when I have been on a strict version of 5:2. No reall treats. I have found it difficult towards the end but the end is in sight.

I don’t advise this for anybody who hasn’t been doing 5:2 for a few months.

This is really the best loss I have had on any diet before and I know that it will be so easy to do 6:1 when I get to maintenance, which is a long time away.

I just keep working away at it sometimes meandering at other galloping. An easy pace is what I shall change to next week 4 – 7 lbs a month is my target, no more and no less. I have always managed to achieve this so far, during these last 5+ weeks I have galloped. This is the almost no treats bit that has propelled me forward. Now I want a gentler pace.

If you meander or gallop this works. I also ate lots of carbs before, every night and lunchtime and most mornings. This was a real problem I now only eat bread at lunchtime 3/4 times a week and potatoes in the evening 3/4 night a week. This has helped greatly.

Good luck, stay strong as it gets easier.

Ginette

Hi Milena

You will get there, sooner than you think.

I’m fasting today.

Counting the days off.

Ginette

Oh ginette,

I am REALLY PLEASED for my weight loss although it is only in the past week or so that it has really sunk in how much I have lost!

I looked in the mirror we have in our hallway the other day and for the 1st time saw myself thinner it was quite a shock, my husband has been telling me for weeks my body was changing but I couldn’t see it until then!

I think I have decided I would like to lose 40 lb in total I have worked out that I would be into a healthy BMI if I could do that.

It’s only another 16 lb I am 58 in august it would be great if I could do it by then.

I set myself the target for Kates wedding and I have smashed that so hopefully I can hit another!

Thank you for your support and concern

Your friend

Audrey

Milena,

We can aim for our targets together, think we are a similar height if you would like to.

Audrey

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 35,312 total)

You must be logged in to reply.