Fasting with Ulcerative Colitis

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• This site was just recommended by a very trusted and healthy friend. I’m 64 and one year ago was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. Am taking maintenance drug Mesalamine. Would like to hear if there are any other experienced UC people who have found the 5:2 diet to help maintain health.

Other than UC I have always been healthy & active. Really do not want to quit eating all my fav foods – salad, raw veggies, roasted veggies, grains etc.

Thanks for input!

Wanted to add that I am not overweight so that is not a priority. More interested in hearing how people with a good weight react (pros/cons) of ‘resting’ the body’s digestive system 2x a week.

@pattycat. Id be avoiding grains at all costs. Doubly so if they are processed grains. processed grains means your gut bacteria are starving to death. Id be making sure I was feeding my gut bacteria all the fibre they could want for. All those other foods you mentioned are fine. Ditch the grains.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.