fasting blood sugars on a 6:1 Fast Diet Maintenance Plan

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
fasting blood sugars on a 6:1 Fast Diet Maintenance Plan

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  titan 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• The main reason I started out looking for a new way to lose weight was because I had my bloods tested and my doctor told me my blood glucose was way too high (making me a diabetic). After doing IF and losing 20 lbs my blood glucose fell back into the normal range. Lots of people have asked how I am getting on since moving to 6:1 Intermittent Fasting and how my fasting blood sugar is responding. I am currently skipping lunch intermittently, watching my carbs, having the odd slice of cake and fasting one day a week.  I recently bought a home blood sugar monitoring kit (these are now good quality & relatively cheap nowadays) and am pleased to see my blood glucose still in the healthy range, albeit still a bit high sometimes. Will work on that.

I saw the Documentary Eat, Fast and live longer on the 22/4/2013 on SBS 1 after having eaten almost half a leg of lamb, which had cooked for my partner’s birthday.  I had been hovering around the 115 kilo mark for the last 14 years.  I was that weight at 21.  17 – 70 kilos; 18-83 Kg; 19-95 Kg; 20-108 Kg.  At 23 I went on a diet eating only Lunch and got back to 95 Kg; it crept back on over the next four years; at 27 I started to lunch only diet Monday to Thursday (while staying at a pub 254 kilometres west of the family home) and eating normally on the weekends when at home. I got down to 85 kilos.  It stayed off for a couple of years and then crept back on as uni life and a more sedentary lifestyle took over again.  I got back up to 110 kilos and at 40 I started fasting for 4 days every few months, and only eating the evening meal, and got down to 88 kilos.  It started to creap on againg over the next couple of years, as junk food became the norm while driving a taxi at night while doing a Master of Engineering degree, but only about 5 kgs.  In 1998 I moved to the UK spent 6 weeks in London looking for a job, and only eating when I was at “home” (boarding with the half sister of one of my best mates for my first stint at uni in 1974) there I lost weight back to 85 kilos; amazing what all those stairs in the underground do.  I got a job in Milton Keynes, and the weight stayed off until I spent 2 weeks on the expense account in Malaysia, then 10 days back home in Australia (pigging out on beef after 7 months of no beef , was afraid of mad cow disease)  I got back to the UK on a Monday; flew to Paris for a meeting on the Friday with three colleagues, had lunch at a restaurant near the sister office to ours in Milton Keynes, a cousin I have never met and her husband picked me up from work took me out to dinner in Paris, then to their house, about 70 kilometres out of Paris.  Big family feast with all of my mothers, side of the family.  On the Saturday and Sunday, and I was 109 kilos before flying back to London on Sunday evening. and the weight crept on to the 115 kilo mark.  I move to Melbourne in 2000, stayed there nine months until I got a job back at my old uni.  I bought a cheap yacht and only ate the evening meal, except when sailing/fishing on the Great Barrier Reef.  I kept my weight at the level, until my position was made redundent, and I got back on the tools as a carpenter, working with one of my brothers, who can not seem to put on any weight no mater what he eats.  Croissant, for morning tea, lunch at work then the evening meal.  even though I was very physically active I put on about 3 kilos over six months.  Went back to only the evening meal, but by the I was a diabetic (2007).  I have been trying to loose weight ever since.  Lose 6 kilos; put it back on lose some put it back on etc.  Fasting for 4 days, a couple times, but being told by every one that fasting is bad for you, and being discouraged to do it.  Then I saw the documentary.  So after that very large birthday meal on the 22nd; I did not eat until the evening meal on the 28th, ate the evening meal on the 29th.  fasted again for three days at for 3 days eating again on the 3rd, 4th  and 5th of May.  Then fasting again 6, 7, 8th eating on the 9, 10,11, and 12th fasting again and eating on 16,17,18,19th and fasting since.  I am now downs to 103.4 kilos  losing 11.5 kilos, and my goal is to get back to 85 kilos. Thanks for telling me that fasting is not bad for you.  I stopped taking my blood pressure medication because it has dropped back to almost normal, and I was getting dizzy spells after doing a couple of hours work.  Today after a 20 minute walk to and along the beach and back home my blood pressure was 114 over 85.  I stopped taking my diabetes medication as my blood sugars are almost back to normal, and I am affaid of going low.  I got to 4.7 mmol/L on the first fast.

Michael,

Could you have a look at my post here

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/fbs-immediately-after-intermittent-fasting/

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.