Fasting 24h

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  G-T-E-F 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi i starded fasting and low carb diet at the same time so ive been doing one meal per day 7 days now , bacon eggs and salad.all i can find is this 5:2 diet or the 16:8 so is this healthy im trying to clean my sytstem and my plan was 2weeks one meal per day but i cant find any information? So is it good or bad Thanks for the answer 🙂

Hi Hithere! This web side is for what is known as the 5:2 diet, fasting two days a week and eating normally 5 days a week. On fasting days, women eat 500 calories inside an 8 hour window and men eat 800 calories. Not everyone does it that way. Some are doing 16:8, which is fasting 16 hours and eating within an 8 hour window. I fast on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, where I drink only water. On the other days, I eat normally three meals a day but I count calories so I stay within my TDEE (that’s my personal daily calorie amount based on height and weight). Some people do B2B fasting days (they fast two days in a row). I don’t know if what you are doing is bad. There are people who fast up to 5 days safely, and some do even longer. I personally wouldn’t do that. I can only imagine people being weak and unable to function properly that way. I guess each person has to find his own way. Check out resources above. There is info there. Good luck!

I have lyme so im eating antibiotic doxycycline twice a day and eat just 4 eggs and bacon and salad and then only water i heard its good to youre immune system but i cant find the exact same diet, no carbs and sugars 24h witout anyfood just same eggs and bacon every day same time. So i dont know is it good to my body or am i makeing it worse

Hithere, you are essentially following an “eating window”, which is quite different to 5:2 One just limits the period of time each day that you eat, the other limits the calories that you eat 2 days per week.
    Eating only eggs, bacon and salad doesn’t sound like it will provide your body with all the nutrients it needs. As you have an illness that has to be taken into account, I think you be better talking to your doctor and perhaps a dietitian to work out a food plan that helps your disease but is also good for your health generally.

Hiya!

I’ve been eating only one meal a day since 31st July 2017. I only eat in the evenings and make sure it’s a fairly healthy meal, but I won’t ever say no to a burger or pizza if that’s what I’m craving.

I find that eating even a tiny meal or snack during the day makes me more hungry than if I just power through and wait until dinner. During the day I will have tea, coffee (sometimes black, sometimes white) and water. I usually eat around 6pm and then stop eating after dinner.

It’s worked wonders so far, I’ve lost an absolute ton of weight (I don’t have exact numbers I’m afraid, the last I checked which was about 5 months ago I’d lost over 10kg). I don’t usually struggle during the day, if I do feel very hungry I’ll have some water and the feeling passes.

If you have any questions just let me know 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.