Fast Day Calories

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lancsken 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Is it better to be under or over the calorie mark on fasting days? Will it make you stall? I can make to 500 but its a bit tedious and would like input. Thanks!!!

If you don’t hit 500 calories exactly it won’t make you stall. 500 calories is a somewhat arbitrary number, the idea being to eat approximately 1/4 of one’s normal caloric intake, but there is no special fasting magic that happens at that level. What’s better will depend on you: some people do better if they stick strictly to the limits, others find 500 calories too restrictive sometimes; if you eat 600 calories on a fasting day, you can still lose weight. Much better to stop at 600 than to think, “oh, I’ve blown it, I might as well give up for today.” The important thing is to be honest with yourself about whatever you decide to do; weighing or measuring your food and counting those calories on fasting days can help you get a grip on how much you’re eating on non-fasting days, too.

That really is great advice franfit thank you , its help like this that i look out for on the different threads . 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.