Fab Fasters in February

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Fab Fasters in February

This topic contains 422 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  singhudit61 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 436 total)

• Day 18 Minnesota, US FD500, ZBC, DTF

Stayed under TDEE yesterday, for once. Very determined to stay under 500 today.

@stitchincarol – Well, so sorry you have tested positive, and prayers that you have no problems with it and can clear it from your system very soon. You must be pretty healthy! Maybe type O blood? I’m always curious if that’s a real thing – that people with that type are less sick with it. Anyway, keep us updated on your progress. I’m sure quarantine won’t be much fun for someone as active as you are, but maybe a good excuse to sew and knit to your heart’s content.
    And thanks, but you really owe me nothing for posting my numbers, lol! Sharing our journeys and individual perspectives is what we are all here for!
    Take good care of yourself!

@basyjames – You must also rest and recover from your week: and I am with you as far as snacking on nuts….I count out almonds and allow myself 16. That’s the magic number for me. But, NO cashews because I can’t stop eating them.

@nellen – I am just about ready to join you in giving up all alcohol for Lent. Talking myself into it. Whenever I have wine, I overeat both that day and the next. So, that’s two days I ruin my plans for a good week.

@at – Good news that your DH is getting his vaccine, and you will soon. It’s looking like I will not be able to for a couple months, as not quite 65 yet. I’m just hoping to be vaccinated by the middle of May, so I can attend my oldest granddaughter’s high school graduation. She’s off to University next fall, and I doubt we will see much of her then.

Stay determined and focused, everyone. Good luck today!

USA Day 18. FD800

Pocket List Day 18

@litprof FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at FD500
    @basyjames
    @ccco

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @at – (Dry Feb except for 14th and 26th!)

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at – every day!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @at (today 45min Broga and 50 mins aerobics)
    @basyjames core training

Day 18 UK FD

Yesterday was a solid NFD -I’m getting better at not overeating or eating my feelings!

Today I’m going for OMAD FD. Supper will be vegan fish with a big pile of homemade slaw of white cabbage, apple, carrot & onion w balsamic vinegar), followed by stewed apple, pear and plum with fresh ginger.

I went for a chest x-ray today at the local teaching hospital – lots more peopel around than previously but everything went very fast. Once the results come back my GP can arrange echocardiogram, all part of the post-covid follow up I stopped off in the M&S food shop on the way out and bought plant-based kievs, corn cakes and a bag of percy pigs. None of which will be eaten today as I recite the ‘I can have it tomorrow’ mantra until i’m hoarse.

I’ve done some small practical tasks today to have a sense of achievemnt, and written a Done List to keep track of where my energy is going. One more task to do then it’s supper prep, relaxation and heading for an early night.

Whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 18 USA (Illinois) NFD

Keeping at maintenance despite some indulgences yesterday. My stomach was growling like crazy as we passed our “312 Deli” that serves Chicago style hot dogs, Polish sausages, etc. 312 is the phone area code for Chicago, and I had not had one of their sausages in months and months. Tasted so good.

@stitchincarol – whew… sure do hope you don’t have any lasting side-effects of your Covid-19 infection. Your church people and DH sound wonderful helping out with Ash Wednesday. And yes, organists are much loved around here with very few of them even still playing.

@nellen – staying constant is good, and yes, I love crackers too. Buttery ones are the best, although most any that are salty fit my tastes.

@northerndawn – I have to agree that men do need convincing about their clothes. I remember DH telling me of a Jimmy Stewart interview (maybe on Johnny Carson, although I cannot find it) that the only time he got angry with his wife was when she threw out an old pair of pants. Had to retrieve them.

@i-hate-lettuce – I know you’re glad to have Mrs. I-H-L around to be your helper in many ways. Especially clothes?

@northgeorgia – You threw away a Rice Krispie bar??? No way! I allow myself one small one every 7 weeks when I give blood. They have assorted snacks, individually wrapped. If I made them at home I would eat the whole 9×13 pan for sure.

Onward and downward.

Day 18
    Second post

@songbirdme Oh heavens, no! That Rice Krispie treat is individually wrapped and waiting for the weekend. I may be sensible but I’m not mad. Haha

Second post

Prayers for our brothers and sisters in Texas. I’ve been really busy with work and just found out what they are going through.

@stitchincarol feel better and stay safe.

See you all in the morning

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Stormy wet weather today but it’s the weekend and looking forward to it. My weekly social bubble visit to my elderly friend, then tomorrow, weather permitting, I plan to do a tidy up in the garden.

DH and I have vowed no white carbs, no crisps and snacks, no bread, at least until the end of Lent. I better remind him not to buy said snacks today.

@stitchincarol, wishing you a speedy recovery.

@northerndawn, is there anecdotes about blood type O people not getting as sick! My Dad was talking last weekend that he had heard blood type B folk don’t get it so much, and as he is a B, as well as DH and I, I didn’t really look into it. Maybe I will!

Whatever you do today, be kind ☺️ Have a great Friday.

Day 19 UK NFD

Just planning my weekend food and drink before I go shopping, just need the willpower now to stick to it 💪

@stitchincarol , I’ve known a few people who had COVID with very light symptoms, hope you’re one of them too

Have a good Friday all

Day 19 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Weigh in day and no change on the week so everything just fine, happy days, got to get these new clothes run in!

@stichincarol – hope you recover soon.

Think this weekend is going to be a quiet one, weather is forecast wet and windy, so not so far walking. Saw the recent problems with weather in the US and the power cuts, not very good at all. We were without power for an odd half day over winter when there was some routine work being carried out, not bad for a short time but for some areas over in the US it’s been days.

Take care all

Day 19 – Canada – FD

Good morning everybody.

Just a quick check-in to stay accountable. Today is a FD but I’m feeling my mojo is missing. No doubt because walking outside is difficult and fresh air always helps with willpower. It’s like an ice rink out there. :(. Looking forward to spring!

@stitchincarol – hope you feel better soon.

Stay strong all.

Pocket List
    @dvw

Day 19 – USA/GA – NFD

Yesterday’s NFD was well controlled: Not hungry, so had a ZBC in the morning. I put my breakfast banana and boiled egg into my lunch, replaced my Pringles with chips half the calories, and took out my Rice Krispies Treat and the KitKat. The more satisfying meal kept me from snacking later. Right before my commute home, my mom insisted I get some of the beef/onion soup mix/pasta creation she made. I had a helping with a small glass of cola, and took some home. When I got home, I -really- thought about eating something else, but asked myself three times if I was hungry or just being habitual. I busied myself with some other work and an hour later decided I must not have been really hungry, and besides, it was too late for food — so I brushed my teeth. Such a good boy I was!

Surprisingly, my body agreed and said I deserved to lose a whole pound of weight from yesterday morning. I’m now 225 lbs! I have met my January goal. This is a:

MAJOR MILESTONE

225 lbs represents:
    * Setting my “obesity meter” at just under 1/3 of a tank 😉
    * 43% of the way to my “target” weight.
    * Over 19% of body weight lost (54 lbs)
    * When I first realized I had an out-of-control weight problem (story to follow)

— I went to my cousin’s house for a small celebration in August of 2012. Lots of photos were taken, and one was posted on Facebook (me unaware, in full profile) where I was shocked to see how much larger my belly and fuller my face was than what I knew I must see in the mirror each day. It was true. I tried at that point to lose some weight, and did, well… meh… I lost six pounds in about a year, then gained it all back plus some — and into the story of my life until 5:2. It’s so strange seeing me pass this signpost of 225 lbs in reverse now.

Anyway, I’m going to continue to be patient with the 5:2, keep looking for ways to sneak healthier, more fulfilling calories in and sneak little pieces of junk out, and brainstorming ways to reduce calorie intake by tiny amounts as I go along while not feeling deprived. Exercise? Housework and soon, gardening. Not ready for that discussion until it warms up. I know — bad, but I know me LOL

Thanks for your support and advice. Onwards and downwards. Looking forward to my 4:3 starting Sunday.

Day 19 USA/DC NFD
    I must begin with a shout out to @northgeorgia – woo hoo. You did it. That is fabulous. And honestly – more than the fact you hit your Jan. goal (225!!!! Wow!!!) yesterday you recognized if you were hungry or not, paid attention, and stopped. In my book THAT is gigantic. It is absolutely the hardest thing for me. And if I am truthful, there are plenty of times I have that little (are you really hungry or something else?) talk with myself and eat anyway. What you did yesterday was just truly fabulous.

I am trying to stay on maintenance but yesterday steered a bit off course. Did not journal what I ate. That makes all the difference for me. It may not actually be the counting of calories, but instead the mindfulness of writing it all down (love MFP). So today I will try to be more conscious. But all good. My goal is 132 and I am at 132.8 so that’s fine as long as I PAY ATTENTION.

Lots of icy roads here today, so maybe pay attention is the rule of the day. Am off to pick up our CSA box of goodies (veggies, dairy, and cheese).

Again – @northgeorgia – you should be so proud of yourself. I know we all are!!!

Day 19 – UK – CD

OH (who is a retired medic) had shared an article from the New Scientist giving advice prior to getting your Covid vaccine and we both decided to follow it so I thought I would share it here – these are the 5 things they recommend
    * Avoid Alcohol – (good thing I’m on an alcohol free month bar the 14th and 26th)
    * Get a good night’s sleep – (took some herbal sleep remedy last night – slept well)
    * Have good social support (OH and good friends help)
    * On the day do some active exercise (higher intensity than walking) – (7am Broga – 1030 Strength Yoga)
    * Avoid stress – relax – (15mins Yoga Nidra – then applied a hair mask and relax for 1hr before a nice hot shower)
    Hopefully all that should help – my appointment is for 3pm!
    OH had his yesterday afternoon (he got the Oxford, AstraZeneca vaccine) and so far no side effects 🤞

With all that going on I clean forgot to weigh in this morning so tomorrow will have to do – planning on a healthy CD today!

Feeling it for all those living in Texas – hope all are safe 🤗

@northgeorgia – congratulations on hitting your 225lbs target – a loss of over 19% of body weight lost (54 lbs)!!!!
    @stitchincarol – hope you are doing OK – thinking of you x
    @dvw – not sure if anyone is joining you on a FD today but we will be willing you on 🤗

Pocket List Day 19
    @dvw

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @at (today 45min Broga and 60 mins strength Yoga)

Just found this and love it “Everything in moderation…including moderation.”

Day 19 UK CD

Yesterday’s FD morphed into tdee via icecream. I’d miscalculated daily calories and realized I was over already.

On the bright side I didn’t eat the whole tub! And I didn’t put on weight. So here I am at Friday weigh day with one solid FD under my belt this week, a little shrinkage on the fat suit and every day under tdee. I’ll count every scrap of progress!

I’ve restarted annokd habit of making piles of salad and eating it first. It really helps take the edge of hunger as there’s a lot of chewing in my cabbage and apple slaw, heap of spinach and avocado with a few pumpkin seeds. So by the time I get to any protein eg butternut squash Dal my body already feels like I’ve eaten.

I’ve not had a productive week in terms of project work. Still really struggling with post covid brain fog, especially since stopping coffee and starting BP medication. I’m doing what I can to make tiny steps count – planning, bite sized actions, focussing on practical things, drinking lots of water/ginger/peppermint tea and prioritising sleep.

Looking forward to a gentle weekend pottering in the garden, reading lent course and restarting gentle adapted yoga.

@nothgeorgia congratulations!!!
    @stitchincarol hope you are feeling better
    @at all the best for your vaccination today

Day 19 Minnesota, US. NFD

Achieved a 508 cal FD yesterday, and that’s counting even calories for black coffee, and every morsel I put in my mouth. Today a 1450 day, I think, with a lot of veg and protein. Continuing Dry, which makes it easier.
    Above 0 F this morning, and I believe after 12 consecutive nights of being below 0 (-18 C) by either a little or a lot, some nights, we are bringing in the Spring and all temperatures are on the upswing. It is so mood elevating!! By next week we will see around 38 F (3.3 C) and the snow will be melting! Can’t wait. I’m sure we will get more snow in the next couple of months, but Spring thaws, however short lived, are rejuvenating.

@songbirdme Yes, that sounds like my DH…..he gets quite upset if I try to throw anything out without his knowledge or his “okay”, so I just don’t. About every three years I try to cajole him into throwing out some old and replacing with some new. It’s never a lot at a time, but progress of a sort. I hope your DD and her OH are doing okay down in Texas.

@northgeorgia – Excellent, and congrats on 225! I can see how significant that number is for you, and I’m sure it’s incredibly motivating. WELL DONE!

@daffodil2010 – The blood type thing is from an early anecdotal observation from the Chinese, then others compiled data in the US and perhaps in Europe. I also saw a paper, though it hadn’t been peer reviewed, yet, that purported that people with Type O and Type B seemed to be less hospitalized than A and AB, and have less death rates. If I can find it I’ll put a link to it on this forum. But, I don’t think it was a great difference between them, just a noticeable difference. I was hoping it was true when I first read it……we cling to any good news about Covid, don’t we?

@dvw – I know exactly what you mean about looking forward to Spring, getting out for some fresh air and exercise…..it always calms me and decreases my appetite, not to mention increases my mojo. We northerners must hang in there together! Stay strong and mindful today.

@at – Good advice prepping for vaccine. Very glad to hear your DH had no problems, and that you are getting yours today! Such a feeling of relief and finally moving forward from this year of anxiety and isolation, I’m sure. Have a good weekend.

@nellen – I also have to journal what I eat, or before I know it, I am way over my calories for the day. It’s just what I do, and now I know I have to keep track or I will not be successful.

@stitchincarol – I hope you are doing well and still feeling better than earlier this week.

Have a great weekend!

Day 19 North Canton OH NFD

Quick check in again, another busy day.

Congratulations!!!! @northgeorgia what an epic milestone🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️💥

Day 19 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

I feel a bit obsessive to be determined to fast even when I’m sick on the sofa, but I figure if it’s healthy to do on a normal day, it’s healthy to do on a covid day. Right?

How sick am I? Well, Wednesday was my good day, and yesterday and so far today feel more like Tuesday, which is to say I have a headache, I have some mild congestion both in my head and in my chest, and I have that icky taste in my mouth and queasy feeling in my belly that says I’m sick. I’m describing it for those who’ve wondered how it feels. But that’s probably not particularly relevant because everyone feels different, don’t they?

I’m in isolation until the 27th (ten days after my positive results) and DH is getting tested this morning. He feels better than I do, but not much better. DS (who was here all day Sunday) tested negative, and my great-nephew (who also was here Sunday) and his college roommate haven’t yet received their test results.

DH found a pastor who can do the service on Sunday, but we can’t find a substitute organist, or anyone at all who can play any instrument. It will be a strange service to have zero music! Perhaps they can simply read aloud the stanzas of the hymns. 😍

And, yes, I have O-negative blood. I’ve also wondered if that even meant I wouldn’t get it; clearly not, LOL!

@michelinme Your FD dishes sounded lovely! And every time you talk about your experience post-covid, I’m thankful yet again that I’m experiencing such a mild case. Prayers for you, honey, that you return to full health soon!

@northgeorgia, Well done on the 225, and I entirely agree with @nellen about how impressive it is that you didn’t eat anything extra. Fabulously done!

Thanks, everyone, for all the wishes for good health; it warms my heart.

Day 19 Post 2

@stitchincarol I’m so sorry to hear about your getting COVID. I pray it will be short lived and you begin to improve over the coming days. May it be a mild-symptom case as mine was.

Day 19 USA (Illinois) NFD

Managing quite well here. Glad to report that DD in Austin, TX finally got her power back on late Thursday night – 90 hours without made her and her hubs grateful for friends and electricity.

@stitchincarol- it seems there are almost as many symptoms of COVID as there are people. One DD and her Dr. hubs both had it with different symptoms. I just pray you can get along with nothing lasting. Sorry you don’t have at least a pianist who can do hymns for you at your church. Our church is fortunate to have 2 of us who play piano with another couple who could in a pinch.

Onward and downward.

Day 20 – Lake District UK -NFD

Good morning everyone

Funny how things change, I mentioned earlier in the week how I’ve always reverted back to the basic 5:2 WOL, ie not bothering to try and ‘improve’ things, extra FD’s juggling exercise etc. My 5:2 WOL has become a habit!
    Mon and Thurs FD’s 4 x days around my Basic Metabolic Rate 1721 and within reason eat/drink what I like on Fridays.
    Yesterday, Friday, ‘weighed in’ first thing, then ate pretty much without thinking about it too much, even had some cake in the afternoon and a single malt whisky in the evening. Suddenly realised, even though it was Friday, the calories on MFP App still only came to 1680, hence my comments about 5:2 has literally become a habit.

Don’t really want to lose much at the moment, can’t keep sending clothes away to the charity shops a the rate I have been doing recently! Funny, got new trousers and shirts, the one thing I haven’t been able to get is belts (don’t want to rely on the hairy string or Mrs IHL will use it for a different more painful purpose)
    I’m still using up old belts and making new holes in them. I’m going to keep one of the old ones though, it’s 7 holes down on when I first started, that’s 7 inches less round the waistline, great reminder !!!

Already raining and looks like going to be set for the day, another ‘brew-day’ lazy day, put wet gear on and walk anyway? The standing joke has become “we could watch a film this afternoon.” we’ve never done it over the last year, don’t think it’ll start now somehow? Roll on spring.

Take care all

Day 20 – USA/GA – NFD

Off to a busy start this morning, so just a quick check-in: 227 lbs this morning (well, the devil had to get his due eventually), but it’s still the lightest I’ve ever weighed in (during this weight loss period) on a Saturday morning. I was hungry so no ZBC today, but I was sensible. Got to go!

Day 20. OMAD London

Just popping in to say hello. I’m here all the time, but not posting much. Hence my clothes are a bit snug. But otherwise well and happy. Jab next weekend which is good. Happy weekend all. H 😄

Day 20 Minnesota, US. NFD

NFD yesterday came in at 1100 cals, with good snack choices of raw veg in the evening. Really no hunger at all. Chopped salad at lunch with EVOO and lemon juice, and hamburger (minced meat?) with 3 cups broccoli for dinner.
    I slept well, though only 6 1/2 hours, a product of the lower calorie intake? But I feel rested. I’m going for a weekend of TDEE around 1450 at most, Dry, and an eating window of 1200 – 2000.
    A small bowl of frozen cherries and blueberries (sometimes thawed) at about 8 pm or before seems to help me sleep. I keep that at under 200 calories (1 cup cherries, + 1 cup blueberries, and sometimes a dusting of sugar, I admit) and include it in my daily calorie allotment. It’s a kind of a healthy treat to look forward to.

@songbirdme – Glad to hear your DD and family have their power back. The news from down that way is heartbreaking in many cases. I saw a story of a couple with a 6 month old baby who hadn’t had water in 3 days……How does one even manage that? I hope people in charge figure out how to “harden” their utility infrastructure. Between hurricanes, tornadoes, and the possibility of cold weather next year, they really should consider making some changes.

@i-hate-lettuce – Your belts are like trophies for you! 7 inches off your waist? Wow! Just wonderful!

@stitchincarol – Thinking of you, and hoping you and DH are improving. Remember….if you start feeling very dizzy or anything like elevation sickness (I’m assuming you’ve been up in the mountains before), go to a clinic or somewhere to have your blood oxygen levels done. You can buy the oximeters at pharmacies now, to have at home. The levels lower gradually, and can take you by surprise. I appreciate you sharing your symptoms very much. It’s good to hear from a normal person.
    Not helpful now, but have you ever thought of recording some of your music for services? Could come in handy for all sorts of occasions. Get well soon!!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Day 20 – UK – TDEE

Another wet day but not as bad as yesterday so that’s a positive and definitely warmer!!!

Up relatively early (0800) for me after a refreshing sleep last night to watch the Australian Open Women’s final – Good win by Naomi Osaka, her American opponent started well but was once she lost a tight first set was no real threat to Naomi – hope the Men’s final tomorrow is as entertaining!

Had my vaccine yesterday – I also got the Oxford, AstraZeneca vaccine like OH and happy to report no side effects so far, injection site not painful and OH has had no issues either ☺️ @northerndawn yes a bit of relief and some reassurance but not totally safe until 2 weeks after the 2nd dose which won’t be until mid May

Weight this morning 55.9kg, only slightly down from last week! but a total of 2.2kg/4.8lbs down since the start of February 💃

Baked a Cherry, Pistachio & Coconut Cake this afternoon – one of our favourites since we discovered it last year – it’s a Middle Eastern influenced recipe from a company called Honey and Co at the heart of Fitzrovia in central London.

@stitchincarol – still sending positive and healing vibes your way 🤗
    @songbirdme – good to hear that your DD in Texas is OK
    @i-hate-lettuce – great to hear all is going well with both you and Mrs IHL – Are you due for a follow up with your specialist any time soon?
    @northgeorgia – you have definitely cracked the 230’s…….now to conquer the 220’s…..

I bought an Aroma Diffuser with some Aromatherapy Oil Blends – went for the Organic Defence Aromatherapy Blend – a cleansing blend of zesty lemongrass, purifying niaouli and naturally protective thyme. It’s apparently useful during winter in a diffuser to purify the air and to help support your body’s immune system. Smells wonderful too! I also got a Calming Blend with relaxing roman chamomile, restful mandarin and grounding bergamot in it – Might try that one tonight!

A bit quiet on here but it is the weekend!!! hopefully everyone is staying healthy and doing OK

This was shared by my Yoga teacher “Can you give yourself just five minutes to turn your attention within today? Sit. Be with yourself. The sensations. Your thoughts. Your breath. Your feelings.”

Day 17 – Ireland – NFD
    Day 18 FD
    Day 19 NFD
    Day 20 NFD

Hi all, hope you are well!

I hope those of you who are having the vaccine administered are well! I’m with mum this weekend.. 87 in April – no news yet on when she will get it. 🤞 it will be soon.
    Time runs away on me here…and there are too many treats…
    Stay safe and well all!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 20 USA (Illinois) NFD

A bit of “warmth” today here, but that means more snow is on its way. Doing pretty well, though.

Onward and downward.

Day 21 – Ireland – NFD

Hi all, @stitchincarol I just glanced back at your posts and realise you tested positive. I hope you stay safe and get through this horrible time ok. Thanks for sharing your experience!

My focus is a bit all over the place so I start reading posts and then something pops into my head and I’m off thinking about something else… I’ll get there 😂

Good night with my mum thankfully. Weather has cleared so off for a walk before she wakes up.
    Have a good day everybody 👍

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 21 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

A rather nice morning here, very spring like, got to be a walk later or garden duties or both!

@at – Been having monthly follow up ‘phone consultations and all going well, this week is ‘the big one’ MRI scan to see if the cancer has been properly zapped! Then I get the results in the March consultation, bit of a wait but, consultant radiologist is very confident, success rate is around 95% so pretty good. Mrs IHL is fixed though, only 6 weeks post surgery, which is brilliant.

Take care all.

Day 21 UK NFD

Morning – isn’t it amazing what a bit of good weather can do ? Finished breakfast and looking forward to a lovely walk

Last week of February so will be on a <500 OMAD tomorrow aiming to finish on a high

Take care all, see you next week x

Day 21 – UK – TDEE

Managed to stay in just under TDEE yesterday and aiming for the same again today – had cooked OH favourite Ottolenghi’s Spicy Mushroom Lasagna for dinner yesterday so we’re having the some of the leftovers tonight with a fresh mixed green salad and he can have the last serve for his dinner on Tuesday when I’m on my FD500.

Sat here watching the Australian Open Men’s final – very tight first set went to Djokovic and he is on top in the 2nd now too…..

Planning on a mid level hike later but the weather is not the sunny day we were predicted however it is dry and overcast at the moment so maybe some sunshine later!

@jaifaim – didn’t realise that Ireland was behind us with their roll out of the vaccine – such a shame – hope your mum keeps doing OK
    @i-hate-lettuce – thank you for sharing – hope good results from your MRI scan follows – you and Mrs IHL are inspiring – positive and healthy vibes coming your way

I’m loving the Organic Defence Aromatherapy Blend I bought from Neal’s Yard in my new diffuser!

“Maybe the journey isn’t so much about becoming anything. Maybe it’s about un-becoming everything that isn’t really you, so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.” ― Paul Coelho

Day 21 – Canada – NFD

Good morning everybody.

Had a great FD yesterday to make up for the constant grazing on Day 20. Urggg. It’s going to be a very cold but very sunny day so I’ll be out for a Nice long walk.

@at – your cake sounds delicious, I don’t know how you can have it in the house and still stay on track. Congratulations on your weight loss. Well done.

@brightonbelle – I will also be aiming for a strong Feb finish, 2.8 lbs to meet my Feb goal. Stay strong.

Take care all.

Day 21 Minnesota, US NFD

About 60 cals over TDEE yesterday. Weight is up a couple pounds today from Friday, and that is water weight, I am hoping. I had a very good week with sticking to goals and coming in under calories so I can expect the results to show up next week. I am feeling back in control of eating per plan, and keeping the hunger dragon at bay.

@i-hate-lettuce I’m sending good wishes and positive vibes your way for a good result on the MRI.
    @at Yes, another jab and then a few more weeks before full immunity, but at least you are on your way to that goal, now that you’ve had the first jab. I’m sure that’s a wonderful feeling. And I love that quote!

@stitchincarol I’m thinking of you, and a little concerned that you didn’t post yesterday…..i hope it’s just because you are resting. Prayers continued for you and DH.

Finally, after over a month, we will get to see DD, DSiL, and the 2 little granddaughters today for patio time. It is overcast and we are expecting a bit of snow, but we will be tucked under a porch with fire table and tall patio heater going……temp around 32 F (0C). We have missed them terribly! They will bring their unicorn blow-up sled and do some fun sledding down our sloping back yard (garden).

Take care everyone, and stay mindful while enjoying the day!

Day 21 – USA/GA – FD

Happy Sunday! Today’s weigh-in was at the top end of 227 lbs, and my 4:3 week begins with a FD today. Great day to busy myself with chores and things that need doing outside (cold, but sunny). Tomorrow’s forecast is rain, and I have the day off! So I suspect it should be a good 4:3 week. We’re entering the final week of the February challenge, and there could be a chance I do hit my target weight. If not, I will come pretty close (yay)! Since I’m starting the first FD of the week at 227/borderline 228, I do think I may have seen the last of the 230s. I’m going to break those links off my paper chain today!

Day 21 NFD

I posted yesterday but it’s disappeared. But still here and not gone awol this month – alleluia!

I did a batch cook yesterday of sweetpotato and spinach dal ready for FDs this week. Aiming for a 18:6 today, with some dal and quorn chicken something or other, plus stewed apple/plum/pear with fresh ginger and vegan custard. Time to make a big batch of slaw too.

I’ve got a pile of reading to do for tomorrow – one is well-overdue feedback that I need to send to a colleague, the other is lent course. But this morning a priest colleague dropped by for outdoor coffee – allowed as a pastoral visit 🙂 – and i did some writing. Now the sun is shining and the front garden is calling me. Yesterday I spent 40 mins gently cutting back last year’s chillies and the lavender. Today I’ll finish the lavender and trim the little oak. That’ll leave the weeding to do for a couple of other days. it’s gently aerobic and anaerobic activity and so far so good – tho v tired last night. Heading outside now, i’ll read later and get to bed super early to finish in the morning…

whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 21 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I spent the day yesterday eating and binge watching Imposters on Netflix. I didn’t fast on Friday. The scales reflect it. And I woke up to many inches of snow this morning.

I’m really rather done with winter. I want to travel. I want to go back to normal. And normal can’t happen. GAH!

Okay, rant over. 😁

@at So glad you and DH were able to get the first of your vaccines; may they work perfectly.

@i-hate-lettuce Such good news about Mrs IHL, and so glad you have a confident radiologist and a 95% success rate!

@northerndawn Awww, thanks for thinking of me. I was just irritated at life, and bored, and didn’t have the energy to be cheerful and didn’t want to be whiny, LOL! Have fun with your family during patio time today!

We’ve been broadcasting all our services on Facebook Live since last March, with either me or a woman named Karan using our phones to record the worship. This morning, I clearly couldn’t do it, and she was out of town, and one other woman who could is also out of town, so not only did I not GO to church this morning–first time in decades, you understand–I also could not WATCH church this morning. I’m in a funk, DH is in a funk, and I’m tired of TV. I answered a friend that we’re both only mildly sick, that I’m mostly bored, and she immediately texted back how thankful I should be to be mostly fine and bored and gave me the stories of her sister and BIL who had Covid in December and are still suffering symptoms on a regular basis, and of her niece, who had covid a year ago, got vaccinated last month, and is now tested positive again and is truly sick this time.

sigh

There’s a lot of heartbreak going around, isn’t there?

I think I’m going to go thoroughly clean the kitchen and tidy the living room; I’m tired of this mess and need to be proactive about something. Have a grand day, everyone, and thanks again for all the prayers that have been mentioned for DH and me.

Good morning from Melbourne, Australia. I hope you don’t mind me dropping by. It’s been over 2 years since I participated and over 2 years since I successfully fasted. It’s wonderful to see so many old friends still participating and remaining accountable. After a roller coaster couple of years and my head firmly buried in the sand, it’s time to face reality and take charge of my health and well-being again.

My story: I began 5:2 in September 2014 weighing 73.4 kg with great success. By April 2015 I reached my goal of 59 kg and managed to stay at or under for the next four years. In February 2019 after years of suffering what I thought was backache, my atrophied gallbladder was removed. Whilst my body adjusted I found it impossible to fast, I needed to eat regular meals. My weight fluctuated but nothing too serious. Then 2020 happened. I lost my mojo, stopped weighing and tracking, drank too much and ignored the reality of increasingly tightening and uncomfortable waistbands. I couldn’t admit to myself, never mind this wonderful community and the world, that my weight was out of control. Gulp my weight this morning 66.8kg. I’m admitting it and the steep rise on the tracker 😔.

My goal: to track, weigh and take baby steps and to be healthy and confident by my 69th birthday in July 😊 With support and accountability I know I’ll make it.

Day 22 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

I woke on Saturday morning feeling very ill, (I stay over with my bubble friend every Friday), almost fainted, cramps….got myself home and straight to bed. I really wondered whether I had Covid as I felt feverish for a time. Now I think it must have been a tummy bug, I had cramps still yesterday but otherwise fine.

Gulp, maybe the food I had in my friends was off, but I didn’t dare tell her I felt ill…..it would have been rude I thought. I hope she was ok, she never said otherwise.

Anyway feeling fine now. Had a lovely day in the garden yesterday clearing out the raised beds getting them ready for this years crops. It’s very Spring like …..daffodils blooming in the garden, birds cheeping, love it.

Have a lovely Monday.

Day 22 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Bimbling, Bees, Buds and Brewing Beer!

Yes that’s how a Sunday should be, we had originally planned a long walk, but knew as it was a nice mild day, first proper spring like day we’ve had, it would be busy all round our area, so we decided a day at home.
    Started off by kicking the brewery into action and brewed 15 litres of IPA. In between times gave the garden some attention. Like @daffodil2010 the birds were very active, particularly the robins and blackbirds, they were straight down into everywhere I’d been for grubs and worms. Also had a number of bees around plus a wasp! When I cut plants back in autumn I always leave some growth to protect the plants crowns, gives this years growth a little shelter, it works, quite a lot of plants showing through as I cut the remaining detritus away!

FD today, although been quite a reasonable weekend, beer and cake was involved!

@daffodil2010 – glad you’re feeling better, yesterday in garden would help.

We were right about number of visitors, when I took the spent grain across to a neighbour for his hens, he commented about the numbers wandering through the village and all parked by the estuary, so much for staying in your local area.

Pocket list Monday – day 22

@daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 22 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Haven’t posted much this month but still doing Monday and Thursday FDs. Continuing to hang on to most of the stubborn excess I gained at Christmas but that is to be expected, with DH and I both celebrating birthdays we have declared February a month of weekend treats which means the FDs are just compensating for the weekend NFDs….such is life.

@onahealthyhigh welcome back! I remember you giving me some really good advice when I was new to 5:2 in 2017, I was being too strict with myself and struggling to stay the course and you suggested I include and enjoy some treats (well basically wine in my case) as 5:2 has to be a WOL you can live with. Best advice ever, thank you! Sorry you’ve had gallbladder problems, hope you’re feeling well now and good luck getting back into the 5:2 habit.

@stitchincarol wishing you a speedy recovery.

@flourbaby I hope all is well. Birthday celebration for you this week if I remember rightly.

@daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear

Have a good Monday everyone 🤗

Day 22 UK FD

Determined to end on a high 💪

Wow what a good memory you have @missybear – unless I’m organised and have a pen and paper to hand I can’t recall who says what in a days posts 🥺but yes welcome back @onahealthyhigh and I too hope @flourbaby is lurking and gearing up for a fab birthday and hoping for a swift recovery @stitchincarol

@daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle

Have a good Monday everyone 🤗

Day 22. USA/DC. FD
    good morning all. I have not been very good at posting this month. Too scattered I think.
    I have decided to make Mondays my FD in maintenance, hoping I can keep on course and it works. I reached my goal of 132 a few weeks ago and so far during the week, off of FDs, I stay within a pound of my goal (never less, ha ha ha). So I am hoping if I do one FD a week it will put me back to my goal and then I have the week to fluctuate. We shall see. My biggest failure is that I have somehow gotten off track of journaling food on MFP which I really should be doing. It makes such a bid difference.
    I hope all are well. It’s fun to see so many who have joined our monthly challenges. thanks so much

Day 22 – USA/GA – NFD

I hope all of you who are ill or are feeling under the weather have a speedy recovery. I am taking a personal day off work because I just need a mental health day for myself! I’m trying to do that at least once a month on the months without holidays.

Today’s weigh-in was just a slight bump downwards to 226 lbs. Yesterday’s FD was great, but sometimes the scales don’t want to budge that much. It’s OK. If I can stay in the 220s and hit the middle of the 220s like this more frequently, I’m moving in the right direction. Just have to be careful not to overindulge today while at home. I have to remember I had a bit of a hidden whoosh recently, so my body needs to adjust. If I look at my weight last Monday compared to today, it’s a 5 lb difference! That is excellent.

Have a good final week, everyone!

Day 22 MN/US FD

Under TDEE yesterday by about 250 calories. Had a lovely couple of hours in the afternoon spending time with DD and family. Gentle snow falling all around (we were sheltered under a porch/deck) and fire table alight. It was good to see them after over a month, even if no hugs for me. DH has been fully vaccinated for some time now and doesn’t worry about exposure…..the little granddaughter’s were ecstatic to play with him and give him hugs.

@onahealthyhigh Welcome Back!!! How wise of you to come back to the forums for support, and to stop that weight increase now, before it gets out of hand. You are still at a better weight than when you started years ago, and you know what to do to get rid of those pounds that have crept back on. You will be back to your goal by your birthday! I know you will!!

@daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @nellen
    @northerndawn

Have a great day!

USA. Day 22

Pocket List Day 22
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco

DTF
    @ccco Dry February

Hello, everyone! I’ve been a little out of commission for a few days but am back. Shoveling snow and trying to track down a place to get the vaccine have had me all consumed. Today it’s snowing again and I still failed to get the vaccine. Will concentrate on this today, until I have to shovel again. At least shoveling can be considered exercise!

Daffodil2010, I am glad you are feeling better and it’s not the Covid!

Stay safe and have a great 5:2 day!

Day 22 – Rural Nebraska, USA

I’ve been getting at least ten hours of excellent sleep every night, so that’s been lovely, but I’m not feeling “okay” yet and am quite tired of being sick. I didn’t eat nearly so much yesterday, so that felt noble.

@onahealthyhigh Welcome back! This is a terrific group, and you’ve made the right decision to reconnect here! Good luck with your goals!

@daffodil2010 SOOO glad you’re over whatever it was!

@missybear Glad to hear from you and glad that you’re staying the course okay!

@northgeorgia A 5-pound difference from last Monday to this is indeed excellent!

Day 22 – UK – TDEE

A glorious day here, blue skies, sunshine and warm!

Started the day with my regular Broga session via zoom then a quick walk into the village for some shopping before getting out the door for a brisk walk of around 11km at a pace of just over 11min/km and elevation of over 300m gained.

@dvw – OH seems to inhale whatever baking I do and not put on weight 🤣 but he does do a lot of mountain (fell) running…..
    @northerndawn – how lovely that you got to meet with DD and other family members – we have just been told here that I can meet up outdoors for a walk with my DD after the 8th March 😍 but sadly no hugging yet!!
    @stitchincarol – 🤞for you that your Covid symptoms stay mild and you get back to your normal good health soon
    @onahealthyhigh – I remember you too and a big welcome back to the challenges – the support and motivation from being part of the group cannot be underestimated!!
    @missybear – nice to read your post and happy belated birthday wishes to you and your OH – birthdays are definitely to be celebrated and enjoyed!
    @nellen – great job on staying within a lb of your goal – that is what I was doing until December and January threw me off track and before I knew it 5-6lbs had crept on……….so working on shedding those during this February challenge and getting back to my happy place!
    @northgeorgia – you are doing a grand job – stay focused and you will achieve your next goal!

Pocket List Day 22
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @nellen
    @northerndawn
    @ccco

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco – Dry February

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @at (today 45min Broga and 11km hike)

Has anyone volunteered to host March??

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 22 UK FD

Yestreday was nearly an accidental FD but rescued by LOTS of air-popped popcorn. I’m trying to positively reframe – at least it wasn’t an EFS!

Really tired as not sleeping well atm. Hoping this will pass and doing all the good sleep hygiene things. Managed to crawl awake this morning and get my reading done, first Monday that I’ve tried to focus on project work this year. Small steps!

heard two sides of a massive issue today and my head is reeling. Seems as tho lots of people are at the end of their tether about all sorts of things. We are all so weary after a year of pandemic that it’s hard to know where to look and how to rebuild things together. meanwhile I’m off for supper and a very early night!

Day 23 NFD country West Australia
    The vagaries of technology…. and lack of mobile signal…….and computers that won’t work……..
    Anyway… have been eating mindfully and though not too many decent FDs have not put on any weight which is always a plus.
    Back in the groove again so plan to read the posts when I have time.

Day 22 – 2nd post

OK, I know I blew it today, absolutely stuffed this evening. Back on track for the rest of the week…

Melbourne 2nd day back on track.
    Thank you for your warm welcome. It’s great to be back and on track. @missybear so glad my advice helped. How wonderful you’re still here in 2021! Yesterday was great and even though I’m easing back into fasting, I managed to skip breakfast and lunch and enjoy a delicious roast dinner with a small glass of wine. Today I’m feeling positive and energetic and 800 gm lighter. Another day of skipping and the 800 gm will be gone.
    Have a great and positive day everyone x

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 436 total)

You must be logged in to reply.