Fab Fasters in February

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Fab Fasters in February

This topic contains 422 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  singhudit61 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 436 total)

• Day 14 Minnesota, US NFD

It’s up to a balmy -7 F (-21.7 C) from -18 F (-27.8 C) this morning when I woke up at 7 am. UGH! next weekend it’s suppose to be in the mid- twenties F (-3.3 C) and I can hardly wait. Finally can have some patio time with my DD, DSiL, and little granddaughters. It’s been a month. I really feel bad for people who can’t see any of their family members.

@i-hate-lettuce and @brightonbelle Thank you! You are very kind!

I expect to do a FD tomorrow, and I believe my DH will join me. He is starting his low carb diet as well, so hopefully we can enter the Spring with improved health this year.

Take care, and enjoy your Sunday/ Valentine’s Day!

Day 14 USA (Illinois) NFD

Coldest Valentine’s Day on record they are saying, but NOT quite as cold as @northerndawn. Pretty close, though. Grabbing some Kentucky Fried Chicken for supper since we splurged on DH’s birthday the other day. But he doesn’t want me to cook. ๐Ÿงก

@stitchincarol – your Nebraska Huskers came far too close to defeating my Fighting ILLINI the other night! Interesting to hear about how hypnosis really works. Hope if does for you.

Onward and downward.

Day 15 QLD/AUS FD800

Welcome to the second half of fasting February, all! I spent the first week of Feb stress-eating carbs, and then the second week undoing that damage, so the second half of the month is my chance to continue the downward journey!

Yesterday did involve some fancy cheeses and chocolates, so not an FD, but not a huge blow-out either. I’ve been feeling really heavy and bloated lately, despite multiple FD800s in a row, so it’s making it easier to avoid temptations!

My plan is to stick to FD800 Monday-Friday this week, with some good workouts (I am feeling the need to work on strength and stamina), and see if I can get those scales to jump down a bit.

Good luck this week everyone!

Day 15 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Morning all. Fir the first time since 2015 I am working from home today. Still have my Dad here, decided it would be more relaxing of a weekend for him not to be rushing him home after the Ireland v France game.

Oh such great rugby this weekend, but we are disappointed of course. Well done to all the teams. Wales still on for Triple Crown and who knows about the championship….England and Scotland was a cracking game.

So I did not weigh this morning as the scales is in the main bathroom and that’s Dads bathroom while he is here, but definitely plan an FD today. Dropping Dad home around lunchtime so maybe I can avoid lunch myself and go for an OMAD.

Have a great Monday all.

Day 15 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Hope you all had an enjoyable Valentines day yesterday for those of you who joined in with a loved one or had family time.
    We started the day with a fabulous long walk, came home to a slow cooked pot roast that was full of flavour and melted, only thing to do was some creamy mash potato (low fat creme freche) to go with it.
    The afternoon we sat with a glass or two and watched the rugby together, fabulous game yet again, then a sharing platter and a relaxing evening. Simple things.

The cold weather has been replaced by warm and damp, surprising how much things in the garden had dried out with the cold drying wind. Staring to plan for opening the greenhouse up early next month, even then weather dependant.

FD for me today, probably need it after yesterday, but still looking to maintaining weight where I am at the moment.

Take care all

Pocket list day 15
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 15 UK FD

I know, missing in action again but have been following the plan just not posting. ! Two weeks left to reach target for February so have to buckle down!

Good luck to all fasters today!

Day 13 Oxfordshire, UK โ€“ NFD
    Day 14 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Day 15 Oxfordshire, UK – FD 800
    Bright and sunny today. Really lifts the mood.
    Just off to walk the dog. Then on course for a FD800.
    Have a good day all.

Pocket list day 15
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @suki2 FD800

Day 13 – Ireland – NFD
    Day 14 – EFS
    Day 15 – FD

Hi all I hope you are all well.
    Iโ€™ve been on the dry this year but had some Guinness this weekend as just fancied them after a very challenging work day on Friday๐Ÿป. Iโ€™ll keep a tally for myself of days I have booze – just for my own interest. Alcohol and sugar still mess me up a little so best to stay away from them…but life is also too short ๐Ÿ‘

Well done @basyjames on your whoosh! To date Iโ€™ve only ever experienced one whoosh and tbh Iโ€™m not 100% sure it was a whoosh so hopefully will see one again sometime soon ๐Ÿคž.

@songbirdme we donโ€™t get much snow at all so itโ€™s very exciting when we do…think weโ€™ve had all weโ€™ll get this year though… itโ€™s warm here now.

@daffodil2010 Iโ€™m so very glad you had your special weekend with your dad. ๐Ÿ’•

Iโ€™m a bit behind reading posts but will relax and read later today..

Back to work now… good luck for a good week all..

Oh I looked back to when I started logging my weight in MFP in 2017 and Iโ€™m down 15 lbs so hanging on to that good news story to push me forward…

Going for a good FD today after a day spent eating all I could find yesterday… no regrets… โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 15 – Canada -FD

Good morning everybody.

Had a wonderful chocolate feast yesterday so today will be a OMAD FD and Iโ€™m strangely looking forward to it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Pocket list day 15
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @suki2 FD800
    @jaifaim
    @dvw

Day 15 – USA/GA – FD

A discouraging 231 lbs this morning. Since Jan. 15, a new plateau vacillating between 231 and 228 (once at 227). Waistline measurements also the same since then.

If I look at my calculated TDEE for maintaining 230 lbs, it means I am averaging nearly 2,300 calories a day. But I’m not, because of my FDs. I like to say I’m staying under 500, but to be safe, I’ll assume I’m eating closer to 600. With two FDs a week, that is 1,200 calories to subtract from the weekly TDEE of 16,100 calories. That gives me 14,900 calories to divide over the remaining five NFDs. In the end, it means I’m averaging 3,000 calories a day on NFDs. Yikes! Let me think about this. If I ignore weekends, and can cut an additional 300 calories a day on three weekdays, that would be an cut to an average 2,800 calories per NFD. OK, multiply the 5 NFDs by that number, add the 1,200 FD calories in, and divide by 7. Just under 2,200 calories TDEE, which is the TDEE for 218 lbs.

So that means three days a NFD weekday, I should eliminate 300 calories. That would be two soft drinks, or maybe a small bag of snack crackers/chips and a soft drink. Three snack size candy bars. OK, my plan is forming in my head haha!

230s Monster has to be busted. Good luck everyone!

Pocket list day 15
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @suki2 FD800
    @jaifaim
    @dvm
    @northgeorgia

Day 15 USA/DC FD
    Good morning all. Sorry I have been absent – life has been frenetic here with a bunch of junk – nothing really earth shattering but enough to get me all riled up. So – I havenโ€™t had a FD in a week, I started eating crackers again and bingo – up 1 pound – water, water, everywhere (in me, I think). I LOVE crackers, but honestly – I would probably have to go 5 lbs under my goal to be able to eat them – I just hold water like a cactus when I eat crackers.
    So, today is a FD and I am hoping a calmer week is ahead than last.
    Iโ€™ve missed you all. Will get back to reading and posting.
    Only 2 weeks (or just shy) left of February – how can that be.

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

Felt bummed I didn’t manage to post yesterday. There was lots of family chatter going on, and I wanted to “be in the moment” so made the choice…but was still bummed. ๐Ÿฅฐ The Guinness Pie on Saturday was fabulous and will be repeated this coming Sunday for the boys; the Valentine’s Day dinner last night was a huge hit, with the lemon posset the clear star of the show. And today I fast to compensate for all that we ate yesterday, LOL!

Report on hypnosis: Saturday’s session was not to go under hypnosis, but was to carefully phrase all the things the hypnotherapist would say. Did not realize that, and she sure works differently than the first person I went to several years ago. Tomorrow evening will be the first session (finally, LOL!) so I’ll report in on Wednesday morning about the impact I’m feeling right away.

@northerndawn I loved your chatter, and had to grin that you sent DH to get groceries! Wise man, that he didn’t buy you chocolates. Mine, to my pure astonishment, brought home two pieces of cheesecake and half a dozen chocolate-covered strawberries. He must have been hungry, LOL, because he’s normally far more aware of my preference for non-caloric gifts!

@songbirdme Didn’t know about how close Nebraska came to beating your ILLINI; good on Nebraska, and glad for you that you still got to celebrate. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ And, by the way, I emailed you but never heard back….

@daffodil2010 It makes me smile to hear of your lovely time with your dad visiting. I lost my mom in 2015–at age 96–so I only get the vicarious pleasure of a parent around when others chatter about it, so thank you for that bit of joy added to my day.

@northgeorgia I carefully went through that listing of calorie numbers right with you. Somehow in there, I missed where you’re cutting out enough calories each week to lose a pound, but only carefully maintaining your weight. Did you just not go into that much detail, or did you also miss that? I can’t believe you would…But I love the math of all this, so I perk up at its mention, LOL!

@nellen So bummed for you that you’ve not had a pleasant week; hoping right along with you that this week is far lovelier!

The low last night was a negative 18, but now it’s warmed up to -15F/-26C. “Nail-bitingly cold,” as you put it, @basyjames, is a great description! Walking home from church yesterday–it’s only a block–was so miserable I had to put my mittened-hand up to my forehead to protect it from the cold and wind because it hurt so much. Tonight’s low is supposed to be -24F. Oh my gosh!! Everyone keeps talking about how exciting it will be when it warms up to 30 this Saturday, LOL!

Okay, off to walk with Leslie and get some things accomplished. Have a great day, everyone!

Pocket list day 15
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @suki2 FD800
    @jaifaim
    @dvm
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol

Day 15 UK FD

Somehow I’ve put ON 2lbs so far this month. I suspect it’s water after the weekend’s air-popped popcorn fest bc I’ve kept well withing TDEE & I’m feeling smaller. Keep on keeping on…

I seem to have lost my mojo today after early phone call to tell me of another sad loss. Life feels so fragile. It’s so easy to lose structure living on my own and feeling tired, getting thrown and not restarting. My battery is not recharging and i haven’t yet found a new daily rhythm. Planning for tomorrow,, earlier night & will hopefully get off to a better start.

I’m going to defrost the last of the sweet potato, spinach & pea dal, rustle up some more crunchy slaw and enjoy a baked apple with blob of soya yogurt. Then the kitchen is closed and I’ll be sipping fizzy water, hot marmite or peppermint tea.

Day 15 USA (Illinois) OMAD

Did a little Silver Sneakers this morning, but knee is a little sore, so took it easy.

We’re used to cold winters, but DD in Austin, TX (way down south) texted this morning that they have 8″ of new snow and no power. She, having grown up here and being a skier, has on her ski outfits just to keep warm in the house. Due to get down to 10′ F (-12′ C) there tonight. Crazy winter all over!

@michelinme – more power to you being able to eat air-popped corn… I need all the oil and butter I can get on my popcorn. Or caramel is great too. Or cheese. ๐Ÿ™‚

@stitchincarol – wonder if your email went to my spam. I’ll go look!

Onward and downward.

Day 15 – UK – TDEE

Weather was wet wet yesterday so no walking but a great 2hr yoga “Love Yourself Valentine’s Workshop” via zoom – an amazing 55 yogis joined, I think even my teacher was amazed at how many souls were present for the workshop!!!! We started with a dynamic yang sequence to mobilise, stretch and strengthen the body, followed by a restorative yin practice to support the heart, body and soul – ending in deep peacefulness with a guided Yoga Nidra practice ๐Ÿ™

Then OH and I had a fab Valentine’s Day meal from “Simon Rogan at Home” and the bottle of bubbly went down well ๐Ÿ˜‹

Fantastic effort by the French in the Rugby – watched the highlights as the game was whilst I was doing my yoga workshop – a well deserved win for them I’m sorry to say @daffodil2010

Another drizzly and grey day today but the temperatures have climbed up by at least 5 degrees – still went out for a 7km walk as I really wanted some fresh air after staying indoors over the weekend! So glad our temperatures are nothing like @northerndawn and @songbirdme have been experiencing!!!

I then did a yoga session this afternoon – even though my teacher is off this week she sent me 3 recorded videos from previous classes to use this week ๐Ÿ™

Was thinking of making today a CD but had some bubbly left over from yesterday’s feast and it would have been a shame to waste it ๐Ÿคฃ but managed to keep it at TDEE…….so happy with that!

Tomorrow I’m back on the February plan with a FD500!

Day 16 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – CD

So WFH yesterday for the first time since another job and 6 years ago, was so stressful to start off. Due to lack of proper equipment (how used we get to double monitors) and not being aware of the hacks to make laptop screen zoom in and out…..well, put it this way, it took 4 hours to do a task that normally takes 2.5.

I could feel my stress going through the roof and felt very edgy. So I popped my Dad in front of Netflix were he binge watched 4 episodes of Peaky Blinders, while I found my way. I am afraid a chocolate biscuit was consumed while I stress sorted myself out.

It was all ok in the end. Weather turned out sunny and balmy 14.5C, brought Dad home looking and feeling rested, and while he was at mine for the weekend my brother rearranged his room to make it much more accessible for him. So good times overall.

Though it ended up not being a fast, I did not put on weight, so consider that a bonus.

You guys in the US are certainly having some extreme winter. Our snow event was nothing really and now there is a definite Spring smell in the air. Plus now my cat wants to go out during the day. She wanted to be indoors for the past few weeks, so that’s the sign that Spring is here โ˜บ๏ธ

Have a lovely day everyone.

Day 16 UK NFD

Good FD yesterday aiming for nice controlled NFD today Stay strong all๐Ÿ’ช

Day 16 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Another cracking day yesterday, our longer walks have got back to 5 miles a day for the last couple of days! Mrs I-H-L is back to it and has recovered from the surgery 6 weeks ago, going really well.

Easy FD for me yesterday, but Mrs I-H-L has noticed she’s started snacking a bit between meals and has decided to cut them out completely. That was one of my big downfalls, snacking! Must admit they’ve actually been the easiest thing to control, don’t buy ‘snack items’ with me it was habitual snacking/grazing. It’s easy to overlook (or ignore) the calories going in which can add up significantly.

Fine and dry here at the moment, time for a walk!

Take care all

Day 16 – Canada – NFD

Good morning all.

Had a pretty good FD yesterday so aiming for a day of staying within my TDEE. Itโ€™s freezing rain today so Iโ€™ll be walking inside with Leslie today. Canโ€™t wait for spring. I just received my seed catalogue, even though Iโ€™m not much of a gardener, I love to look.

@ihl – Iโ€™m with you, snacking is so easy to do. These days itโ€™s mostly healthy, almonds and pumpkin seeds, but the calories add up quickly. Today I will pledge to stop snacking!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Stay warm and take care. DVW

Day 16 – USA/GA – NFD

Today’s weigh-in: 228 lbs. Work delayed until 10 a.m. today, due to black ice on the roadways, but I have a telemeeting at 10 a.m., so planning to stay at home to do the meeting, have lunch afterwards, then drive in to work for a few hours. Because of this, I’m going to make it a ZBC day!

@stitchincarol Yeah, I’m not sure if this will work either. Conventional wisdom says a deficit of 500-1,000 calories a day is needed. However, if I look at TDEE alone and just assume a long-term plateau is the same as “maintenance” (at least for the metabolism monster), then I should be on the edge of weight loss. According to my calculations, a further 25 lb weight loss requires a committed reduction of around 950 calories a week. If true, then if I could cut out around 300 or so calories on three or four NFDs, I should see some movement downward start back up. I’m afraid drastic cuts might throw off the metabolism, based partly on this 2014 study by Trexler, Smith-Ryan, and Norton (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3943438/ has the full article and citation):
    “To accomplish these [weight loss] goals, it is recommended to approach weight loss in a stepwise, incremental fashion, utilizing small energy deficits to ensure a slow rate of weight loss. Participation in a structured resistance training program and adequate protein intake are also imperative. More research is needed to verify the efficacy of periodic refeeding and reverse dieting in supporting prolonged weight reduction and attenuating post-diet fat accretion.”

Which is basically what 5:2 is, but a few extra calories cut to match the new metabolic rate has to be injected from time to time. What I’m really missing is the nice walks and exercise. I’m not so motivated in the bitter cold winds! I’ll give it a try with an extra ZBC here and there, and cutting out some soft drinks and junk food that I don’t need anyway. I may be wrong! LOL

Day 16 ZBC
    @northgeorgia

Day 16 Melb Aust NFD

Well, no successes with weight loss, but no gains, which is actually a win when compared with the previous 2 months. There’re still nearly 2 more weeks this month for the weight to decrease, and I’m determined that it will.

My sincere sympathies to all the northern hemispherites re the freezing weather you’ve had up your way, plus very dangerous driving conditions, etc. Stay safe!

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Today is Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras, and I have all sorts of plans for the day, and my scheduled hypnosis session tonight…and I got sick during the day yesterday and feel worse today. I imagine it’s nothing more than a winter cold, but in an abundance of caution, I’m not going to the grocery store after all. sigh… It’s a bummer when your plans get messed up, but I feel bad enough that I almost don’t even care, LOL!

Yesterday’s FD went fine; it was probably over because we had leftover Guinness Pie, but there wasn’t much left, and it needed eating, so I shrugged and did it. At the moment, I feel entirely indifferent to food, so perhaps today will also be on the very, very low end of calories.

@michelinme I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. Cyber hugs to you, dear woman.

Oh, @daffodil2010, I envy you your spring! I am so very ready for warmer temperatures! it was -26F/-32C when I got up this morning, LOL! Brrr!!! Are you going to continue to WFH, or was it a one-time thing?

@northgeorgia Yeah, the slower metabolism monster is a serious problem for all of us. Have you ever tried the walking with Leslie during your awful weather? There are some videos that are less than 15 minutes, so it doesn’t have to be a huge commitment, and every little bit adds up. Whatever you do, just know that we’re all cheering you on!!

Have a grand day, everyone!

Day 16 – Ireland – NFD

Hi all I hope you are all well. Itโ€™s lovely and bright here today.

Thanks for popping me on the pocket list yesterday DVW! I completely forgot to add myself…

Happy with my FD yesterday and will use lent as a reason to stay away from sugary treats.

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 16 Minnesota, US CD of 1200 or less
    Day 15 FD 800 ( Came in over at 860 Cals)

@stitchincarol Very interesting about the initial meeting, and it sounds right. I knew an anesthesiologist who did hypnosis, he was very good, and always said the words and phrases used should be ones that are comfortable and personal for the client/patient, that resound with the individual, in order to be most effective. Very much in the same way that some quotes or mantras are more personally motivating for one person than for another. Is that what she was doing? It sounds conscientious.

@songbirdme I hope your daughter and everyone down south of us can soon get heat back on. 10 degrees is too cold to be without power! There was some talk of MN and 13 other states north of them (we are all on the same electric grid) doing rolling black outs to help them out with high demand; I don’t know how that’s really possible up here with our temps. Currently it’s -10 F (-23.3 C) as I type at 0900. But I do feel terrible for all of them. They just aren’t prepared for such weather, at all. I hope the water pipes make it through the next couple of days. What a mess they might end up with! Prayers!

@nellen Sending positive vibes for a good week ahead.

@northgeorgia I do have a question…..have you read the Dr. Michael Mosely books, Dr Jason Fung, or Krista Varady? or Dr. Valter Longo? Just wondering. They discuss some different views on weight loss and what happens to metabolism than the article you linked to. I haven’t read it in entirety yet, but I will. There are so many studies out there, aren’t there?

When I was most successful 5 years ago now, and got to my goal weight within 6 months, I also kept all kinds of records of calories, exercise, deficits, and all, for daily, weekly, monthly intake and expenditure, and recorded weight.

It came down to this : If I was going to use the TDEE for my goal weight, not current weight, of 1500 calories a day (10,500 a week), I had to remember 2 things in particular (for my lifestyle):

3500-3700 calories = 1 pound
    25-27 miles walking = 1 pound loss

Every week that I decreased my calories by 3700 and stuck to 6800/week, I lost weight. Doing 2 FDs of 500 only gave me a deficit of 2000 calories a week, not enough to lose a pound but enough to lose 1/2 a pound. So, I either had to do another FD500 (1000 more down for a total of 3000 down) and walk at least 10-12 miles a day, or add another FD 500, or walk more or some combination to hit a deficit of 3700 calories a week. It showed on my charts that is what worked. That includes sticking to 1500 cals on my NFDs strictly!!! Or less!

The reason I used the higher number, 3700 instead of 3500, is that I knew (know) myself, and no matter how hard I try to be accurate, I tend to underestimate my caloric intake. I also don’t think there is any way possible that food companies can or want to put the accurate calories on the labels. So, I err on the side of their under-estimation.
    If you are fine with a loss of 1/2 pound a week, then you can work out your own calculations. But it’s well accepted that a pound == 3500-3700 calories.

Good luck everyone!

Day16 second post,

@stitchincarol Take care of yourself, and hopefully it is only a cold and you will feel better within the week!

Third post

LOL!! I just reread my first post…..it should say I had to :

Every week that I decreased my calories by 3700 and stuck to 6800/week, I lost weight. Doing 2 FDs of 500 only gave me a deficit of 2000 calories a week, not enough to lose a pound but enough to lose 1/2 a pound. So, I either had to do another FD500 (1000 more down for a total of 3000 down) and

*walk at least 10-12 miles “A WEEK” (not a day)*

or add another FD 500, or walk more or some combination to hit a deficit of 3700 calories a week. It showed on my charts that is what worked. That includes sticking to 1500 cals on my NFDs strictly!!! Or less!

Sorry about that!

Day 16 North Canton OH NFD

@daffodil2010 WFH without the right equipment is very stressful, my sympathies. Over time, you will get in a rhythm if you are in a position to stick with it. Going back and forth is worse (for me) because of the inability to get into a routine. Yay for spring, we are very ready for it here in Ohio, but I fear that (for us) it may not be near

@i hate lettuce, wonderful news and a sign of your progress. So glad that you are both back to baseline on your activities

@dvw good pledge! All calories look the same to the human body, and add up just as quickly. Nuts are my achilles heel; it is so easy to keep adding more and more to the snacking bowl. If I could stay away from nuts, I think I would progress much quicker on my journey

@betsylee we will take any win we can get, congratulations on your first month with no gain

@northgeorgia you are really thinking this through, I know you will eventually calibrate to a schedule that will work for you

@stitchincarol I hope you feel better soon, what a bummer!

@northerndawn I also tend to underestimate my calories. Thanks for the calculations- it helps to keep things in perspective

โ€œIf my ship sails from sight, it doesnโ€™t mean my journey ends; it simply means the river bendsโ€ Enoch Powell

Day 16 USA (illinois) NFD

Doing pretty well.

@northerndawn – thank you for the kind remarks for DD. In some ways she and her hubs are kind of enjoying being part of this history.

@stitchincarol – it’s NO fun being sick! Get well soon. God bless.

Onward and downward

Day 16 UK NFD

Successful FD yesterday which again feels like an epic achievement, especially on upsidedown day.

Today I broke my fast along with my mother who came over for a bubble visit & a pancake afternoon tea. It was good to prep for Lent together and enjoy pancakes & reminiscing. She didn’t even notice that they were gluten-&dairy-free and gave me 10/10. (2 eggs, 160ml oat milk, 80g home-made gf/grain-free flour – almond,tapioca& coconut, pinch of salt). Finishing the day with baked sweet potato, vegan bolognaise & peas.

I nearly forgot to go for blood test today. Strange to see the surgery like the marie celeste after the vaccination experience. Apparently they’re doing a couple of days a week and are currently ahead of target.

@stitchincarol hope you feel better v soon. Thank you for condolences. It was a church friend I wasn’t close to but v sad to hear

Day 16 – UK – FD500

Busy day – no time to read or post so just a quick log in to post for accountability – good news in that I have an appointment for my first dose of the vaccine on Friday ๐Ÿ˜Œ

Hope everyone is doing OK – time to get organised for bed ๐Ÿ˜ด

Day 17 QLD/AUS FD800

The scales are down 1.2k from this time last week, so that is nice.

I still have 4k to go to get to target weight, however, and am realising they are not going to just vanish overnight. The FD800 days feel really manageable at the moment, though, so I am trying to be patient!

Hope everyone has a great day ahead.

Day 17 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Yesterday was Pancake Tuesday and although we have rarely indulged in that tradition, I came home to DH making pancakes for dinner!!!!!!

So full afterwards, but, unbelievable, this morning down a pound without trying.

@stitchincarol and @basyjames, the WFH was just a once off as I had Dad staying. I much prefer to go to the office although we are all socially distanced and masked. It’s only a 10 minute drive away, and when I leave the office that’s it for the day. I noticed on Monday that I Logged in earlier and stayed on later because I was at home.

Oh and @stitchincarol, wishing you a swift recovery

@at, wow, so great to hear of your vaccine appointment. You guys in the US and the U.K. are way ahead……it’s so slow here in Ireland. They are only starting on the over 85’s this week, so as my Dad is 84 he has to wait for another 3 weeks at least!

Wonderful Spring weather. It’s also starting to get bright at 630 am- from being dark for so long, the light here in Ireland is ramping up quickly, yay.

Have a great hump day ๐Ÿช

Day 17 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

It’s been brilliant getting back to our longer walks, might have an easier day today, there’s a couple we want to do which are longer, but are popular and get busy so looking to do them over the next few days/weekend. (Rugby weekend off they have a break this weekend)

Excellent news on the clothing front, I needed more new clobber, the ‘old stuff’ was looking silly. Could get away with the shirts, but the trouser department was not good from the rear apparently! Mrs IHL would only let me out on our walks if I wore a long coat, (which also needs replacing, but I bought this one in Norway and its fantastic!) The one day I did appear in the garden with the trousers held up with hairy string didn’t go down well!

However, Mrs IHL ordered 4 pairs of trousers and 4 shirts online from good old M&S, I prefer to try stuff on, but you can’t at the moment, and luckily they fit! Can’t remember that last time I bought anything skinny fit or tailored!

Another charity bag of my old stuff ready to go to one of the charities and now Mrs IHL says I am ready to be allowed out wearing my new gear, only thing is, nowhere to go at the moment!

@stitchincarol – won’t be long to warmer weather hopefully, number of folk here have ‘February flu’ which is not necessarily flu, but weather related (cold, wet, dark etc) getting light earlier and staying later (Northern Hemisphere) winter falling away.

Take care all

Day 17 Melb Aust NFD

Persevering, enjoying watching the Australian Open tennis. We had a snap 5-day lockdown here from last Friday till tonight, so no spectators then, but otherwise (including from tomorrow) 50% seating allowed. It’s good to see people cheering on the players.

@i hate lettuce, I was interested in your comment re February “flu”, end of winter, etc. Over here in Melbourne they’re saying that now kids are returning to school, lots are getting sick, with all the viruses they avoided last year while schools were running online. There was also much less influenza around last year, too.

Hang in there everyone. Together we are stronger!

Day 17 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in today: 229 lbs. I’ve been overly stressed at work, so I have gotten permission to take next Monday off. This will allow me to easily do a 4:3 next week, moving my next FD after today to Sunday.

@northerndawn I haven’t read those books; I need to request them from the local library when it fully reopens. It is true that I eventually need to find a way to eliminate about 3,000 calories from my diet per week, looking at my current TDEE and my goal TDEE. Last night, I watched a few YouTube videos on weight loss plateaus across different IF, keto, and traditional diet systems and found some common tips. The first one: be sure you actually are in a plateau. I believe I am, although I did lose a couple of pounds since December. Secondly: if you are, so what? It’s natural — be patient for your body to adjust to the huge amount of weight loss over the past six months (seems to be the average time for a lot of folks before they hit the plateau). Thirdly: don’t do anything drastic — there is only so much exercise you can do and so many calories you can cut. They say anxiety over the 2nd or 3rd points causes people to do something out of desperation: cut too many calories, do too much exercise, switch diet plans, etc., and the end result — frustration to the extreme, and most people give up, returning to old habits and weight gain.

That hit home for me. I’ve come too far to give up. I chose 5:2 because of the sustainability. So although 3,500 calories may equal a pound of weight loss, I know I can’t go there yet, or even think of it that way. I’ve got to think about small changes: reducing each day by a few calories here or there, especially in eliminating or reducing portion sizes of “junk,” is something I know I can sustain. Doing a 4:3 once a month also seems to help, so that is coming up. Another thing I have discovered during this plateau is that I am starting not to feel so hungry the morning after a FD. Yesterday, I did my first post-FD ZBC and felt great until lunch. I was at home yesterday until noon, so I ate lunch at home, added some avocado and mozzarella on the side, eliminated the bag of chips (but put in some curly fries LOL) — anyway, the result was that I didn’t snack at all at work and waited until 7 pm for my evening meal. Basically a 2MAD/16:8 yesterday. Not purposely trying to mix diet systems, but it just worked out that way after I decided to skip breakfast. So, I’m going to give my “little” changes a shot to see what happens ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 17
    @litprof
    @northgeorgia (+ZBC)

Day 17 UK CD

Checking in for accountability. Lent course starts this evening on zoom so a later evening ‘on’ than usual.

I cooked a double batch of supper yesterday evening so have just had it again as my main meal late lunch – baked sweet potato, vegan mince with tomatoes, peas and a little vegan mozeralla. I’m eeling absolutely stuffed – i almost never have my main meal this early. Hopefully this will roll me through to early evening soup & set me up for a good FD tomorrow.

Whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

I didn’t fast on any level yesterday, but apparently ate little enough that the scale wasn’t up this morning, a rare occurrence after a NFD. I also woke up feeling far better, so that was cause for celebration…except that a typical winter cold doesn’t go away after two days, so that strengthens the case for this being more than a simple cold. Who knows. I actually walked with Leslie this morning (to counter any overblown admiration you may be feeling for me, it was only an 11-minute video, LOL!), and was fine until the last two or three minutes. Back in 2013, when I first started going to the gym three days a week, every single week, I discovered that, on days when I felt as if I was coming down with a cold, if I pushed through my workout anyway, I often never actually got that cold. I figured it was due to increased circulation, healing the virus within me before it truly took hold. Is there any science to that? In case it’s a real thing, I walked, and am so pleased to feel far better than yesterday, so thanks for the words of sympathy many of you gave. Nonetheless, just to be certain, I’m scheduled for a covid test this afternoon.

@northerndawn That’s exactly what she was doing. She also said negative language doesn’t work–“don’t eat after 7pm,” for example. So, many of the phrases I thought were appropriate, and fit with my goals, had to be reworked to avoid the negative language. We’ve rescheduled the first session since I was too sick last night to do it, even via Zoom. Also, the way you explained your approach to weight loss is very much like the records I’ve been keeping, except you went the whole way, with daily accountability…I’m JUST about inspired to do daily calorie counting in order to see what the hold up is!

@i-hate-lettuce I laughed out loud to hear the story of Mrs IHL not letting you out of the house without a long coat to cover up your bailing twine holding up your pants, LOL!!!!! So glad she found you clothes online that fit!

@northgeorgia Do you do ebooks? If so, there’s no need to wait until your library is open, as all of those titles @northerndawn mentioned are available from Amazon, plus, your local library also does ebooks, so all you have to do is sign up for the program, called Overdrive in most places, and then you’ll get the books for free. There is an Overdrive app, but I use the Libby app, and it’s wonderfully intuitive.

Church tonight will certainly be different. On the chance that I do have Covid, DH–the pastor, remember–is going to have an elder do the imposition of ashes, and the distribution of communion so that DH can be ten feet away from everyone. I’m so thankful I feel better today, because we have no one else to play organ, and DH isn’t a singer, so singing a capella simply isn’t an option. In 48 years of being an organist, I’ve only HAD to get a substitute a handful of times. So, next time you’re at church, thank your organist for playing and your pastor for preaching even when they’re sick, LOL!

Have a grand day, everyone!

Day 17 USA/DC NFD
    hello to all. I apologize for being pretty absent lately. Just too much going on at this end. But I am happy to report that I am staying pretty constant at 132, give or take a pound or less. Just really need to stay away or limit crackers! Ah crackers, I LOVE crackers. so maybe I need to decide which I want more – crackers or staying at 132! hmmmm, that seems to be the question.
    Am still not consuming any alcohol – since Jan 1st. Now considering staying on this path through lent. I don’t miss it anymore and I sleep better, by a long shot, so who knows. Maybe only when I am out at dinner – but that may be a long time coming given covid.
    It’s pretty cold here – so a bit of an impairment to long walks. I am grateful for my peloton and my yoga zoom classes – they have kept me at some semblance of sane.
    Stay strong everyone, life certainly knows how to throw hardballs, I think we, or at least I, need to learn how to deal with them as opposed to avoid them or get angry about them.
    :))))

Day 17 North canton OH CD

Quick check in for accountability. I will catch up on posts later.

Stay warm!!! ๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜„

Day 17 Minnesota, US NFD

Yesterday I held intake to 1100 cals, so a good CD. Planning on a FD tomorrow. Staying ZBC, DTF (until Sunday, actually) and “trying” to get in 30 minutes of uninterrupted exercise. Hitting my step goals so far this week.

@northgeorgia Everyone has to find what works for them as individuals in this WOL, and it sounds like you are finding your way. We’re all cheering for you!

@stitchincarol So glad you are feeling better already. I hope that continues. Very thoughtful of you to take precautions to protect others, just in case it’s Covid! You really never know, as some people are barely sick with it. It’s just such a strange viral illness that way. I also think that a bit of non stressful exercise seems to help me recover from illness more quickly. Maybe it does increase circulation and boost the immune response a bit. I haven’t actually researched that…it’s just something I’ve noticed for myself, as long as it’s not a tiring work out or a big push. It sounds like the hypnotist you’re working with knows what she’s doing. Will she record the sessions and then you can listen at home going forward? That seems to be the best way to keep the positive results going. Then, can always go back for a refresher if you find it’s losing effectiveness or if you’re wanting some other focus.

@i-hate-lettuce I’m glad to hear Mrs. IHL is looking after your presentation, lol! Men generally need that little extra push to replace their old clothes. Sounds wonderful to me, to replace the old baggy stuff with the new svelte pieces! I’m looking forward to doing that for myself! I’m kind of chuckling at the visual that I get when you say the Mrs. IHL thinks your pants over your bum are so baggy that she insists you cover that area with a coat! That must be something of a vagabond look! Or an American Rapper? ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคฃ

Good luck to all fasters and mindful eaters!

Day 18 QLD/AUS FD800

Dark and rainy day here; not very summery!

Scales have stayed the same weight the last three days, so think I need to add in a few good workouts over the next few days to get things moving again. Work is really mounting up at the moment, which doesn’t help.

Let’s stay focused on keeping our fasting mojo going for the rest of the month. Twelve days away!

Day 18 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Good day yesterday,then slept so well in the one position, full of energy today. It’s as though a tide has turned or something. Yay.

As I type birds are tweeting, the sun has risen, Spring is springing.
    Oh how I laughed @i-hate-lettuce at your story of trousers with baling twine ๐Ÿ˜† An image flashed into my head….Selwyn Frogget…remember that old TV programme? ๐Ÿ˜„

@stitchincarol….good thoughts for your Covid test.

@northgeorgia, I believe that you have paraphrased @at‘s mantra above when you said you have come too far now to give up. Best wishes…we are all in different stages, my plateau is looking very familiar now, but no way will I give up.

@flourbaby, haven’t heard from you in a while, hope all ok and the egg craving hasn’t turned you away from us ๐Ÿ˜€
    Happy Thursday all.

Day 18 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

A new smart version of I-H-L sat here this morning, another bag of oversized clothes including the ‘Inner Warthog’ onesie, has gone and I am sat here shiny and smart ready to go out on a couple of errands!
    @daffodil2010 – Selwyn Frogget, (Bill Maynard) seems a long time ago, but yes do remember that programme. The new clothes mean the ball of hairy string can be left in the greenhouse ready to tie the plants up when they get going!

I think my ‘Inner Warthog’ went on migration for the winter and no sign of him coming back! I’m finding my eating habits have become just that, habits!

The 5:2 WOL has become second nature now and just automatically kicks in.
    I’m back sticking to my 2 FD’s a week, 4 days sticking to around 1500 calories (my Basic Metabolic Rate is 1720) and my one day a week where I have what I want.
    Snacks have almost gone completely, wine and spirits cut back to once a week, beer when I fancy, calories watched and MFP app back in use.

The biggest thing for me when I really got going with this WOL is being honest with myself, no just adding bits here and there or forgetting to record them, even the odd snack when I do have one is counted. Now I just stick with the straightforward 5:2, the nearest thing I’ve found to a silver bullet! It works, I’ve changed virtually all of my wardrobe now, the winter sweaters etc will last the next month or two, but they’ll go when spring comes.

Take care all

Pocket list Thursday day 18
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 18 – USA/GA – NFD

@i-hate-lettuce That is sound advice. I plan to stick to 5:2, get rid of most of the snacking, and ease into control of my meals/calories on weekdays. In fact, I just repacked my lunch for today. I have a sandwich and some grapes and a little bit of Baby Bel cheese. Out went the Pringles, Rice Crispy Treat, and snack sized Kit-Kat. In went some Cheez-It Snap Thins, a banana, and a hard-boiled egg. The calories are about the same, BUT I bet it will be so much more satisfying that I will either not eat it all or it will at least stop me from snacking on higher calorie chips and candies later in the day (my real goal to try and reduce additional calories over the long-term). I also am finding that a larger but satisfying lunch helps me avoid snacking (as long as the TV isn’t around)!

OK, my deepest morning confessional is over. Today, the scales rocked a bit, so obviously I opted for the new low of 226 lbs! I’m going for another ZBC today!!

Pocket list Thursday day 18
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

ZBC
    @northgeorgia

Day 18 USA/DC NFD
    @northgeorgia – you always make me smile, and giggle out loud. :)))). I have pretty much banished snacks. The only thing in this house is a bag of dark chocolate covered pomegranate seeds from a Christmas stocking. And I have to confess, it calls my name every evening. I totally agree about the TV. If I can stay away from the TV, I stay away from snacking. I wonder what that is telling us – are we bored watching TV. Thatโ€™s my guess for me at least. If I am reading a book – no snacking, listening to music, – no snacking, talking on the phone – no snacking, watching TV – total mindless snacking akin to morphing into a vacuum cleaner. Oh well.
    Stay well all. nasty weather here – nothing like poor Texas. Oh my goodness, prayer and light to Texas.

Day 18 – UK – FD500

Busy last couple of days but all good – apologies for not posting yesterday but staying on track so far this month! Tomorrow is weigh day ๐Ÿคž

Pancake Tuesday was marked by some lemon and sugar pancakes – OH had four and I had one making sure it was part of my FD500 – I could easily have eaten more…………

7am Broga class followed by 9am Aerobic class this morning then lunchtime volunteering at the Parish Centre – 40 meals packed and delivered today!!

Back home enjoying a cup of tea whilst I catch up on here – expecting a couple of deliveries this afternoon. OH is out getting his vaccine!

Pocket List for Thursday Day 18
    @litprof FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at FD500

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @at โ€“ (Dry Feb except for 14th and 26th!)

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @northgeorgia
    @at โ€“ every day!

Exercise ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ 30ร—5
    @at (today 45min Broga and 50 mins aerobics)

This month I am reminding myself that โ€œIf I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am nowโ€

Day 18 Melb Aust NFD

Just checking in for accountability. No FDs yet, but no EFS days, either, whew!

Down we go!

Day 18 North Canton OH FD

It has been a rough week and I am exhausted this morning. Hoping that my workout will provide the pick me up that I sorely need.

@at your self control is just admirable. One pancake-who does that?! You do!!!!

@nellen, thankful that my only weakness with snacking is nuts but-they can add up quickly, so I try to count them out to make sure that I account for it in my daily intake. Indiscriminate eating will get you every time-which is why I also make the effort to eat every meal sitting down, without the TV or my phone

The walking challenge at work this month was also very helpful, I watch my tv shows while jogging in place – I just realized that the only sitting I did this month was in front of the computer to work and it has made a difference. This may be the fittest I have been in a long time

@i hate lettuce cheers to the newer, smarter version of you. You turned impossible to I am possible.

“Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration” Thomas Edison

Pocket List for Thursday Day 18
    @litprof FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at FD500
    @basyjames

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @at โ€“ (Dry Feb except for 14th and 26th!)

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @northgeorgia
    @at โ€“ every day!

Exercise ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ 30ร—5
    @at (today 45min Broga and 50 mins aerobics)
    @basyjames core training

Day 18 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Well, either it’s because I just found out I tested positive for Covid-19 and that’s been burning away extra calories, or it’s because I’ve been eating properly, because I’m down to 148.2 this morning, the lowest I’ve been since December, if I’m remembering correctly! I always love keeping silver linings in the front of my mind. ๐Ÿฅฐ

@northerndawn, I owe you such a huge debt of gratitude. I applied your approach to weight loss to my own statistics, and was dumbfounded to realize I’m not on a plateau, but in maintenance, all because I kept having days where I burned only 1500 calories. That was absolutely the death-knell for any weight loss! What’s particularly odd is that, even on a particular day where I did 30 minutes of Leslie, I STILL only burned 1500 calories for the day. Gardening season will certainly change all that, but that’s still two months away, so I really need to find a way to burn at least 200 calories more every day. I wrote up my new plan, and will do my best to stick to it, and perhaps I’ll finally see some results!

@northgeorgia How FUN! 226?? Woo-HOOOOO!!!!

@at, @daffodil2010, and who else? “Pancake Tuesday”? Way, way, way back in the recesses of my memory, I have a hint of knowing that was a tradition, but I sure couldn’t have pulled it up on my own! What a fun tradition, and how lovely that you showed such will-power, @at!

Well, it’s time to figure out what a life in quarantine looks like! Have a great day, everyone, and I look forward to hearing everyone else’s reports!

2nd post

@basyjames and @stitchincarol – ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ I could only stop at one knowing that I could have more the next day and so for my late brunch the next morning I had 3!!!!! and really enjoyed them ๐Ÿ˜‹

@stitchincarol – ๐Ÿคžyour positive Covid-19 test leads to no symptoms or only mild ones and nothing more – positive healthy vibes coming your way x

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 436 total)

You must be logged in to reply.