Fab Fasters in February

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Fab Fasters in February

This topic contains 422 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  singhudit61 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 436 total)

• Day 10 UK FD

Lovely to catch up with the posts. I’m still here tho not posted for a couple of days – been feeling pretty out of it, headache, sore throat, feverish and easily breathless post-vaccination. But something has clicked and definitely feeling better today.

I’m aiming for a solid 500 calorie FD after bumping my regular Monday. Monday was my first online funeral and I felt really strange afterwards – I think the combo of post-funeral and post-vaccination. Very strange to feel ‘at’ a funeral but without any of the usual talking to others and remembering /processing/being together afterwards

Meanwhile I’ve been mainlining air-popped popcorn since Sunday. Carbs really aren’t my friend (she says on loop) even tho I love them, my body doesn’t. My weight has stayed the same, my waist has shrunk again but i’m feeling incredibly puffy. I know the answer but the habit just rolled – famous last words.

I’ve just made soup while having catch up chat with DD. All my slightly tired veg have gone in – leeks, cauliflower, green beans and spinach – along with a splash of olive oil, chilli, garlic, ginger, pepper and stock. I’m feeling nicely warm & full after two bowlfuls totalling 120 calories. Supper (if needed) will be Sunday’s sweet potato, spinach & pea dal with lemon juice and a splosh of vegan yogurt at 200 calories, with an apple for after dinner sweetness. If today goes well I may even to a B2B and pick up my regular Thursday FD. I recall from the dim and distant past that FDs are easier in tandem…

@nellen that was my first dose of Oxford / Astra Zeneca vaccine. I imagine the immune response was greater bc having had covid & still living with longhaul effects. Hope you are feeling well after your jab
    @betsylee congrats on an epic loss for your first week!
    @basyjames glad you are feeling better after your vaccination – yay for your immune system
    @jaifaim well done on your first FD. So glad you are still getting out on your bike and walking on the beach. These think spaces are so important for clearing the head and being present x
    @daffodil2010 Love the idea of your night away on the drive ๐Ÿ™‚ nil desperandum – we can do this. I was just thinking of a new film title – 28lbs Later ๐Ÿ˜€

Whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 10 MN, USA FD800

Pocket List Day 10
    @litprof FD800
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @northgeorgia
    @suki2 FD800
    @ccco. FD800
    @stitchincarol FD500
    @michelinme
    @northerndawn

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @at โ€“ (Dry Feb except for 14th and 26th!)
    @northerndawn

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @at โ€“ every day!
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

Exercise ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ 30ร—5
    @at (today 60min Yoga and 2hr hike)
    @suki2 (60min Yoga and dog walk ?mins)
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

Best of luck to all, today.

Day 10 North Canton OH FD

A successful waterfast yesterday to rest my gut is being followed with a FD today. I am aiming for that hollow and empty feeling which always feels good after a few days of over-indulging. Bonus, the abdominal cramps are gone.

@flourbaby you are right, this is a short month and while that creates opportunity, there is less time to recover from EFS; especially if you are a member of club tortwah. Counting down to your birthday trip with you

@stitchincarol wise words indeed, I like it too; and patience is what you need right now. Stay the course and eventually the dam will break.

@litprof a carb heavy diet does not work well for anyone I know, and yet we keep going back to it; and calling it โ€œa treatโ€ ๐Ÿ™„

@daffodil2010 OH bought a juicer from a late night infomercial during a sleep-induced haze about 10 years ago. He did not even remember ordering the thing until it arrived. We are not juicers, as we have always believed in the power of the pulp. I asked him why he bought it and he said โ€œit seemed like a good idea at the timeโ€ Dang thing has never even been opened; we stared at it for a while and then found a back cupboard to store it in. I should probably sell it on FB.

@at getting in a good headspace is half the battle, we can accomplish anything if our minds are on board

@jaifam great job with getting that first fast day in.

Pocket List Day 10
    @litprof FD800
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @northgeorgia
    @suki2 FD800
    @ccco. FD800
    @stitchincarol FD500
    @basyjames FD

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @at โ€“ every day!
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol

@suki2 (60min Yoga and dog walk ?mins)
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames

Day 11 QLD/AUS FD800

Third FD800 in a row here, although I still feel heavy from last weekโ€™s festival of carbs. Itโ€™s like they are glued to the inside of my gut, urgh.

Only a small dip on the scales this morning despite a good hike yesterday, but ready for a slow and steady pace. Letโ€™s make the February fasting count!

Day 11 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD800

I realise that although I am not losing weight, all the strength training and stretching and balance work I do every day must be having some effect……this morning I was out for my usual 6am village walk (and sneaky feeding of village stray cat), when I tripped and was almost about to hit the pavement.

But I managed to pull myself upright and carried on. I had an epiphany then……I am stronger, my balance is so much better….at this age I am now my elderly friend was at the zoo with her grandchildren and tripped over stones. She did fall heavily, broke her elbow and her arm, 20 years later,her arm has never been right.

So guys, it’s all about health strength and fitness. I am motivated to keep on with good hydration, good nutrition, and exercise as medicine.

Have a great day.

Day 11 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Another of those glorious mornings, cold but not a breath of wind sun up and not a cloud anywhere.

FD today and a good walk later I think, Mrs I-H-L has to nip into town first thing, meanwhile after I’ve defrosted her car, I’ll sneak in a quick MOAM walk round the gym (up the village, walk fast up the long hill at the top and home in 25/30 mins, my ‘gym’ walk)

@daffodil2010 – As I mentioned yesterday to someone else, it’s not all about the scales, feeling good is just as good, glad you recovered your balance!

@stitchincarol – Never thought of checking, ‘this time last year’ as you did, just had a look and wow … I’m 36 lb 16.3kg down on this week last year. It’s a good reminder and makes maintaining where I currently am a lot easier.

Take care all

Pocket list day 11
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 11 – UK – FD500

Yesterday’s walk ended up at 12.1km and 16,329 steps all with blue skies and sunshine although rather chilly!

I received a surprise present yesterday – a lovely box of handcrafted chocolates from Chococo – I tried these at Christmas for the first time and it seems that OH has ordered one for us to share for Valentines, there are two of each chocolate one for him and one for me ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ‘จ we had the first ones yesterday after dinner ๐Ÿ˜‹ We are going to miss out on them on my FDs but otherwise I will account for my one chocolate a day in my TDEE until the end of the month!!

@northgeorgia – keep the faith – you can do this!
    @basyjames – I have to say that it is taking some work and commitment to remain in that headspace and not let that tempting little ๐Ÿ˜ˆ get into my head……like those chocolates OH ordered – I could easily have eaten 2 or 3 ๐Ÿคฃ

Volunteer lunch service at the Parish Centre again today and maybe a 5-8km walk this afternoon as it is another blue sky and sunshine day although rather cold – has been below freezing all morning so far!

Pocket List for Thursday Day 11
    @litprof FD800
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at FD500

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @at โ€“ every day!

@at (today 45min Broga)

Weigh day tomorrow after my 2nd FD of the week – Let us see if Cruella is still being kind to me!!!

โ€œIt always seems impossible until it is done.โ€ Nelson Mandela

Day 11 – Canada – NFD

Good morning everybody.

I had a good FD yesterday and Cruella has been nice for a change. I have plans for a Valentines Day feast so Iโ€™ve been very careful so far this month. Lots of long walks when possible and 3 HIIT sessions every week.

@Dafodill2010 – such a good reminder that exercise truly is medicine. Strength and balance is everything!
    @stitchincarol – thank you for your inspirational quotation, so true. Iโ€™ve also checked my weight from Feb 2020 and Iโ€™m 25 lbs lighter and feeling so much better for it. Maybe time to purge the wardrobe ๐Ÿ˜Š
    @at – your chocolate treats sound lovely and youโ€™re so smart to focus on quality rather than quantity.

Take care all. DVW

Day 11 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 228 lbs. Hmm, according to the chart, it appears I lost a couple of pounds and landed on another plateau haha

Well, the month is still somewhat young; after this weekend, another half month to go. Not sure if 224 is going to happen, but I’ll just play it by ear.

Day 11 – Ireland – FD

Hi everybody,
    My second fast day today… going well..
    I went out looking for the snow earlier… nothing!!
    The beach was icy though in spots… lovely!

@daffodil2010 well done! Iโ€™m at the same stage as you and trying to mind my body and mind at the moment…
    Iโ€™ve started strength training and can feel the difference where before I was active bit all cardio really…
    Also, I notice you mention food intolerances and wanted to let you know that two years ago I developed issues with avocados ๐Ÿฅ‘ which I love!! Dreadful cramps and nausea … I cut them from my diet for 6+ months and now can eat them again although I donโ€™t overdo it… I canโ€™t bear the smell of rubber gloves etc and guess what, Iโ€™m latex intolerant… and avocados contain some of the protein that cause this allergy/intolerance.. other fruits affect as I have other allergies but this one is just crazy ๐Ÿ˜… anyway… good news is you should be able to introduce at a later stage..

Back to work now after light lunch … good luck all..

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 11 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Yesterday’s FD was probably a bit high–maybe 600? I didn’t bother to try to count–but it was extra vegetables (brussels sprouts) and I was still starving at eight o’clock, so I simply ate them and skipped any guilt. ๐Ÿ˜

@suki2 I bought some felt to do needle felting, and never have; after my big clean-out of my sewing room closet last week, I actually know exactly where that bag of wool is and I’m thinking it’s time I pulled it out and played with it; thanks for the inspiration! Are you pleased with your project?

@basyjames So glad you feel better and the abdominal cramps are gone!

@daffodil2010 What a wonderful realization, and what great work you’ve done to accomplish such physical and core strength!

@i-hate-lettuce 36 pounds since last year this time? You have much to celebrate!

@dvw 25 pounds since last year this time?? You too have much to celebrate!!

@at I’m so impressed you found the will-power to eat only one of those chocolates!

Remember when I mentioned I’d tried hypnosis several years ago to help me control my eating/exercise habits (or lack thereof) and it was very helpful, but I wasn’t willing to go back to that particular hypnotist? I searched several times since then for others and found NO ONE in this area…but when I searched again yesterday morning, I found several dozen! I’m talking with two of them and am going to try it again. I know the primary reason I’m not losing weight is because I’m sabotaging myself: every time I’ve had a great week and am set to lose a pound, I have a day of EFS. My experience the first time had me entirely committed to eating in a way to lose weight, and I didn’t cheat at all for nearly two weeks, and felt no desire to do so, and was eagerly exercising according to my plan…and then the effects of that first session had worn off and I didn’t go back. I’m eager to see if it works as well this time, and if I can finally start the downward movement again!

โ€œWhen I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.โ€

Day 11 Oxfordshire, UK – FD800

Yesterdayโ€™s FD800 went well & another small loss on the scales. Just got to be controlled at the weekend.
    Will try for another today, at the moment my planned intake totals 810 cals.

@stitchincarol โ€“ I am pleased with the project. This time was a mix of wet felting and needle felting to create a geode. Yesterday was part 2 where we shaped it more and then added crystal type beads inside. I wouldnโ€™t sell it but I enjoyed the process. For Christmas DD bought me a kit so I thought the best way to get started was with a workshop. Iโ€™m really fortunate, one of the local charities set up a crafting group aiming to reach everyone in order to help with loneliness, mental health issues, etc. so they only charge a minimal amount. Obviously if you can afford more you can make a larger donation. Since lockdown its gone online, but it was still a very sociable thing to do.
    Iโ€™ve booked to do an embroidery workshop to make a dandelion dreamcatcher in March sometime.

โ€˜my decisions make the differenceโ€™
    Keep warm all.

@litprof FD800
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at FD500
    @suki2 FD800

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @at โ€“ every day!

@at (today 45min Broga)
    @suki2 (yoga 60 mins, dog walk 45 mins)

Day 11 USA (Illinois) NFD

Quick check in. I’m doing fine. Hang in there, fellow fasters.

Onward and downward.

Day 11 UK FD

Successful FD at 600 calories yesterday – which feels like an epic achievement wo any PFDS! Drank lots of water, managed an evening online inc zoom groups and didn’t get stressed, and slept well. I’d forgotten how much easier it is to focus while fasting.

Going for B2B and have planned a day under 500 calories with a fallback to FD800 by adding in some protein if needed. I’d always rather succeed at a different goal than feel I’ve blown the day completely.

Food plans are pretty much as yesterday with some extra crumch. Late lunch was one bowl of super spicy clear veg soup which has nicely spiced and warmed me for a mere 118 calories. Supper is another portion of sweet potato, spinach & pea dal with a squeeze of lemon & blob of vegan yogurt (150 calories), plus some crunchy cabbage, carrot &apple slaw (80 calories) PLUS a pudding of stewed apple & plums (116). It’s always amazing how much veg you can eat for the money, so to speak – and SO warm & filling I can nearly forget about cold weather carb cravings ๐Ÿ™‚ I do love the numbers – it gives me another shortcut to talk down the dragon towards the end of the day

It’s a bit depressing looking backwards! I fell off the 5:2 waggon in late Sept 2019 after a friend died suddenly. I weighed 10lbs less this time last year, and 10lbs less than that in 2019… so i’m pretty much back where i was in 2018. But I’m here now, which is the main thing!

Day 11 North Canton OH NFD

@litprof slow and steady wins every time

@daffodil2010 what a great story!!! The scale is not showing the hard work but like you, I can really feel the difference in increased strength, fitness and balance.

@i hate lettuce what a testament to your journey and mindset, sneaking in quick MOAM walk is just what one does with 35 minutes of their time

@at super-impressive that you ate only one! Kudos to your restraint muscles and great job accounting for your daily chocolate treat

@dvw I highly recommend regular wardrobe purges, it is very mojo-inducing

@jaifam you can have my snow, I had to shovel this morning and while it could have been worse, I would definitely be happy to do without

@stitchincarol how exciting, please let us know how it goes for you with the hypnotist.

@michelinme you canโ€™t change the past, but your today and tomorrows are very much up for grabs. I am so glad that you are here, doing the best that you can and that makes you a success.

@litprof FD800
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at FD500
    @suki2 FD800

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @at โ€“ every day!

@at (today 45min Broga)
    @basyjames(upper body)

USA. Day 11. FD800

Pocket List Day 11

@litprof FD800
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at FD500
    @suki2 FD800
    @ccco FD800

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @at โ€“ every day!

@at (today 45min Broga)
    @basyjames(upper body)

Stitchincarol, I would be eager to hear how the hypnosis goes! Good luck with that!

Day 11 UK FD

Nice to have a familiar OMAD <500 cals FD after trying to get my head round the keto thing , Iโ€™m determined to stick in out for the month , but I donโ€™t think itโ€™s for me long term

Pocket List Day 11

@litprof FD800
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at FD500
    @suki2 FD800
    @ccco FD800
    @brightonbelle

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @brightonbelle

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @at โ€“ every day!
    @brightonbelle

@at (today 45min Broga)
    @basyjames(upper body)
    @brightonbelle

USA. Day 11. FD800

Brightonbelle, I know Keto is hard but my sister has been on it for about two months and she has already lost 32 lbs. Amazing. She was pre-diabetic, almost diabetic and now she is normal. This is the reason she went on Keto in the first place. Her blood pressure came back to normal, too. It may be hard but it certainly was worth it for her. She did do it with her doctor, though. Good luck with it!

Thought for the day

” Fear less, hope more
    eat less, chew more
    Whine less, breathe more
    talk less, say more
    hate less, love more
    and all good things will be yours”
    Swedish Proverb

Day 12 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Like @michelinme I looked back, and I was 10lbs less in 2020, 10lbs less than that in 2019, and 6lbs less than that in 2018!!! But I am still here, though not providing any success story to any newbies out there.

But it’s a WOL and I get derailed, but if I wasn’t making any attempt to fast and be stronger and fitter the Lord know where I would be? Back to my greatest weight ever of 2013 and more.

Although it’s a lockdown it’s busy this weekend. My Friday social bubble visit to my elderly friend, then tomorrow we are bringing Dad up to mine for the weekend. He is like a child, he is so excited to get out of the house! Going to sit him in front of the fire, pop open the cans of Guinness, and DH and Dad will watch all the rugby, and it will be like normality.

There was supposed to be a severe snow event this week. Eh, nothing out there. Better not be tomorrow

@jaifaim, that’s crazy that you too are latex intolerant. I never really bothered with avacado’s before, they are tasty but I never bothered, but I started eating them to get healthy fats, and along with celery and all sorts, after a few months I felt bleurgh. So I have cut out the latex fruit syndrome foods and feeling better.

Have a great weekend.

Day 12 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

A very successful FD yesterday and the scales have me down at my target for maintenance which is excellent, especially as its another Six Nations Rugby weekend, beer and tv snacks will be involved!

@daffodil2010 – Good for you getting Dad round and enjoying company watching the Rugby together, that’s one of the things Mrs I-H-L misses, having people round to spoil and fuss over. She does spoil and fuss over me, but you know what I mean, not had the kids here (or seen them) since Christmas 2019.
    As soon as the travel ban opens up there’ll be a very quickly arranged visit to see them!

My weekend revolves around Rugby and Mrs I-H-L this weekend, luckily we’re organised and something for both of us!

Saturday England vs Italy followed by Scotland vs Wales
    Sunday Ireland vs France

England really need to get going after last week! Scotland on a high, but Wales will be a different proposition compared to Englands performance last week!
    Ireland France game I’m really looking forward to. Ireland played really well last week in Wales, the ‘new’ French team are looking dangerous.

Today, forecast of hard frosts and below freezing temperatures, nope, got that wrong. Quite mild and not freezing so out for a wander again today.

Take care all

Day 12 – Canada – FD

Good morning.

Had a good NFD yesterday and I think stayed within my TDEE. My FD today should be relatively easy because itโ€™s going to be a busy day. Treats planned for Valentines Day. ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a nice weekend. DVW

Day 12 UK NFD

Wow @ccco thatโ€™s an amazing result for your sister , motivates me to stick with it๐Ÿ’ช

Yes Iโ€™ll be on the sofa watching @daffodil2010, @i-hate-lettuce and I presume a few others @at, ? with my carefully selected snacks๐Ÿฅฉ๐Ÿง€

Very pleased with progress so far itโ€™s slow but I am a fully paid up member of club๐Ÿขso Iโ€™m used to it Iโ€™m sure I can see an improvement in the mirror so thatโ€™s spurring me on , as usual weekend are my biggest challenge but Iโ€™m all planned in advance ( being in lockdown makes it so much easier ) so here goes Have a great Friday all x

Day 12 – USA/GA – NFD

Oddly enough, this morning’s post-NFD weigh-in was about half a pound less than yesterday: 228.0 lbs (I even saw 227 flash up briefly, but no cigar)! Fingers crossed to stay 228 tomorrow so I can see some progress on my wall calendar (I just write down my Saturday morning weigh-ins on it). Basically a plateau week, but I’m looking back at my records. There aren’t many days where I stay the same weight or go down after a NFD. When I do, a whoosh is imminent: somewhere between a few days to a couple of weeks away. So that’s interesting…

No, I didn’t do low carbs or anything special last night. Just avoided excessive snacking at work and home and drank more water. Also stopped eating when my dragon was hungry but my stomach wasn’t. Threw it a very small apple for extra fiber and brushed my teeth.

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

Day 12, London, UK, FD

Today WILL be a FD as my inner saboteur ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‰ was far too active on my last FD, I made it to OMAD time, but then couldnโ€™t stop grazing until I overshot my upper limit & threw in the towel!!! Big Mistake๐Ÿ˜ฑ, I must remember to just keep calm & carry on, you donโ€™t throw the car away when you get one flat tyre!!!!

@daffodil2010 & @michelinme, I could join you both in looking back and trying to figure out where & why the graph started to climb and just what went wrong with my perfectly doable, easy, successful fasting WOL, but Iโ€™m swerving that particularly depressing task!!!!๐Ÿ˜ญ

Back to work now, I think Iโ€™m doing more now I’m WFH, than I ever did in the office ๐Ÿ˜ฒโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ no gossip time or trips to the coffee shop or commuting time!!!!

Onward & downwards folks!!!

“A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.โ€โ€“ Unknown

Day 12 North Canton NFD

Major whoosh today, 5 pound drop!! I could not believe it. I stared at the scale and then tried again and yep, its real. I mean I know this WOL works but that is some serious validation and extremely mojo inducing.

Today will be a controlled NFD, keep the faith folks- we have a good system going here. May the “fast” be with you ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

“The greater the difficulty, the more the glory in surmounting it” – Epicurus

USA. Day 12. FD800

Pocket List Day 12
    @ccco FD800

DTF
    @ccco

I hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Day 12 MN, USA FD800
    Day 11 EFS day ๐Ÿ™

@basyjames Wow!! That’s an epic Whoosh! Congrats, Congrats…..I wish it was contagious!

Have a good day, everyone.

USA. Day 12. FD800

Basyjames, that 5 lb. loss is wonderful. I wish that would happen to me. Of course, I broke my DTF last night in covid vaccine frustration and had a couple of glasses of wine. No good ever comes of that for me!! Keep doing what you are doing! It’s working!

Day 12 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

I’m delighted to report I had a decent NFD yesterday: calories were around TDEE, but they weren’t over, and that’s become a fairly rare thing! Report on the hypnosis plan: I talked to the gal, and we’re going to do it via Zoom. We had the consultation yesterday–talked for nearly an hour about what my goals are, and where I slip up–and will have my first session tomorrow morning. I’m delighted with the timing since Saturdays are the day I often do really poorly with controlling my eating. I’ll let you all know how easy the control is after my session tomorrow morning!

@suki2 Your online workshops sound absolutely delightful!

@basyjames Love the quote from yesterday!

@northgeorgia Nice news on the scale results!

@basyjames WHOA!!! I can just imagine how stunned, speechless, delighted, and incredulous you were! Congratulations!!!!!

Okay, off to walk with Leslie (imagine explaining that phrase to your hypnotist… “Umm, okay…I’m guessing “Leslie” isn’t your husband??” LOL!

Day 12 – UK – TDEE

Stepped on the scales on waking this morning 56.1kg down another kg in the past week ๐Ÿ’ƒ Cruella is being kind!!!!! that’s 2kg gone since the start of this challenge – Back to Basics is working and MFP has been my companion to help me stay within my TDEE of 1500cals on my NFD.

Another strength yoga class this morning then out whilst the sun was shining for a 10.7km hike at a 11.30min/km average pace – 324m elevation and 14,682 steps but it was chilly despite the sun with a very cold wind ๐Ÿ’จ

Today is the first anniversary of my dear friend on died last year – she has been in my thoughts this week and I had a lovely chat with a mutual friend when I got back from my walk today sharing our good memories โค๏ธ

@dvw @stitchincarol @basyjames – quality over quantity and really appreciating the treat! I have promised myself that I will stick to my personal challenge for this month ๐Ÿคž So I input the chocolate treat into MFP at the start of the day when I have been planning my meals to try and motivate me to keep on track!
    @brightonbelle – will definitely be watching the Rugby this weekend and also dipping into the Australian Open and some Cricket too – I will be in good company with yourself @daffodil2010 @i-hate-lettuce and my Irish friend from down south and I will be texting each other throughout no doubt ๐Ÿคฃ
    @basyjames – 5lbs…….now that is whoosh!!!!
    @stitchincarol – keep us posted with your hypnosis treatment – I know a friend who gave up smoking using this and has never looked back

Pocket List Day 10
    @dvw
    @flourbaby
    @ccco FD800
    @northerndawn FD800
    @stitchincarol FD500

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @northerndawn

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @at โ€“ every day!
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

Fab Fasters in February let us go together for a controlled and fabulous weekend!
    โ€œYour body hears everything your mind says. Keep going. You can!โ€

Day 12 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD

Crashed and burned yesterday due to a poor nightโ€™s sleep. Snacking on cheese doesnโ€™t agree with me and Iโ€™ve felt bloated all day.

However, on the up side, DD & Partner finally exchange and completed on their house purchase. Thought it was all going to fall through about 2 weeks ago. So I will celebrate tonight then back on the plan tomorrow.

Have a good evening all.

Day 12 UK NFD

Blew yesterday’s FD but comfortably within TDEE. I’ll take that for the week and continue eating mindfully over the weekend, ready to start another FD on Monday. Forgot to weigh myself this morning – hopefully tomorrow will be close enough.

GP telephone appt this morning re post-covid health issues. BP is settling down so next up are more blood tests and an echo. Everything is slow but it’ll be good to have more information about what’s happening and what will help. Steady progress.

The sun has shone really brightly which lifts my mood no end. A gentle zoom meeting and long catch up chat with my lovely friend down in Devon. Now for supper and another early night.

@basyjames congratulations on your epic whoosh! Thank you for your encouragement ๐Ÿ™‚
    @at great to have lost Another kg this challenge!
    @flourbaby @daffodil2010 we’re here and moving in the right direction, that’s the most important thing
    @ihatelettuce i’m with you on the rugby – but supporting Scotland! Such an exciting start to the tournament this year ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 12 Florida USA FD Iโ€™ve been doing a hybrid of Fast 800 and 5/2. I only weigh myself once/month so weโ€™ll see where I am 3/1. On fast days I lag around 3pm and Iโ€™m real hungry. I remind myself that letting myself actually feel hunger is a rare and good thing. Iโ€™m doing well with exercise and feel good about my commitment and accountability. Love seeing all the familiar names! Got my 1st dose of tge Moderna vaccine on Tuesday. Onward.

Day 12 USA (Illinois) NFD

Keeping at maintenance, so happy about that. We got our old Silver Sneakers teacher back today (at least for Fridays), and she is more energetic than the Monday/Wednesday teacher. I will be sore tomorrow.

@basyjames – glad your bloating is gone. Had to laugh about your not being juicers, and neither are we. Why do I always think juices often end up being a pea-soup green? Not appetizing to me. But I do like split-pea soup with ham and cornbread. ๐Ÿ™‚

@at – yeah for you volunteering at your Parish Centre. I always fine my volunteer “work” very fulfilling.

@jaifaim – I never think of Ireland as getting ice and snow, but weather can be crazy. Our youngest lives in Austin, Texas, and she posted that over the course of the next week they will have a Monday low of 3′ (-16 C.) and a high next Sunday of 70′ (21 C.)

@stitchincarol – why is that hypnosis does wear off? Hope you’re able to find some help if you’re still looking.

@brightonbelle – hope keto works for you. If it is anything like South Beach Diet (which I think some of it is) that can be hard to maintain.

Onward and downward.

Day 13 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Yesterday disappeared very quickly, we went out for a walk in the morning, along the estuary and up through the deer park. The sun was out in a cloudless sky, but the wind kept it very cool in the open areas. Nice walking along the lanes though when out of the wind.
    The first of the lambs were out in the intake fields by the farms, quite a few been let out, hardy little beasts, they can manage the cold quite well, it’s if it gets really cold and wet that they struggle with early on.

@basyjames – Epic whoosh that one, put a note in the diary!

Hope those other rugby enthusiasts amongst us enjoy todays games.

Take care all

Day 13 UK NFD

Yes @songbirdme Iโ€™m sticking with it for February but itโ€™s not sustainable long term ( for me anyway) Iโ€™m hoping for a bit of a jumpstart to reverse the lull I found myself in post Christmas

I know itโ€™s nothing compared to what you have over in ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธBut itโ€™s sooo cold here Iโ€™m really not used to it -4 just now โ„๏ธโ„๏ธ

Got a lot of preparation to do for the upcoming Rugby fest Have a great weekend all

Day 13 Melb Aust NFD

Had a great first week, put it all back on this week. I think I need to return to what for me are “basics” and calorie-count everything into a notebook, instead of just having it in my head. Yes, I still know how much I’m eating when it’s in my head, but when I write it down, it’s staring me in the face. I think I need that extra motivation at the moment.

Good to read of everyone’s progress. Well done @basyjames on your 5 lb whoosh! Exciting.

Interesting to read of peoples’ problems with avocado. I’d never thought of some of the proteins being the same as in latex.

@jaifaim, I also once bought a juicer – eventually passed it on to a friend who did like to juice fruit and vegetables. Never used it myself.

@michelinme, hope your Dad has a lovely time visiting you and watching the rugby. Are you feeling better now, over your reaction to the vaccination?

@i hate lettuce, congrats on the stable weight loss you’ve achieved over the past year, including during, or despite of, the treatment you had.

@at, yay for decreases. Wish I was seeing them, too. It’s a matter of saying “no”.

Well, back on the downward trail and don’t give up, anyone who is struggling.

Day 13 – Canada – NFD

Good morning everybody.

So far this month Iโ€™ve lost 2.6 lbs. Very happy with this because Iโ€™ve been eating way too much. Iโ€™ve renewed my love affair with almonds ๐Ÿ™‚

@basyjames – fantastic result from all your hard work. Well done!
    @at – youโ€™re such an inspiration, back to basics definitely. Must start using MFP again

Take care all. DVW

Day 13 – USA/GA – NFD

Oops, I had four bowls of things yesterday LOL The leftover manager panic (new acronym? LMP? hehe) set in, and the spaghetti -had- to be finished off. Thank goodness I had no ice cream in the house. Some grapes and a small apple had to do (whew). I just took my baked chicken (from last week) out of the freezer, so temptation will now be lower calorie for this weekend.

Weigh-in wasn’t bad: 229 lbs. I’m still rather “plateauish” but the tape measure hints that it may want to measure a little less around the waist in the coming days (the quarter inch is rapidly pointing towards an eighth of an inch mark).

Rainy day, so after grocery shopping, plan to come home and do a good house cleaning. Happy weekend!

Day 13 – UK – CD

Aiming for a OMAD CD today as tomorrow we have our special meal with a bottle of bubbly for Valentines from “Simon Rogan at Home” so will have to make tomorrow a OMAD too to ensure not too much damage is done!

Was us early this morning to watch the cricket – Eng v India – great test cricket – had to stay in for the delivery and I had forgotten I had a delivery from the Wine Society too!!! That will have to wait until March for some tastings!!!!!

Just back from a walk into the village, bitterly cold out there and no sunshine today – OH has gone for a run………so now enjoying a cup of tea to warm up whilst catching up on here.

@suki2 – cheese for me has to be accompanied by some ๐Ÿท and certainly leads to a definite above TDEE ๐Ÿ˜ˆ Good news regarding your DD’s house!
    @mogaman – good to see a post from you and that you are feeling good – good news that you got your first shot of the vaccine – I’m patiently waiting my turn!!
    @songbirdme – loving your “Keeping at maintenance, so happy about that”
    @i-hate-lettuce – I’m sure a few of us will be sat comfortably in the warmth this afternoon enjoy the ๐Ÿ‰
    @betsylee – join me in my back to basics for the February challenge – MFP has been my guardian angel so far helping to keep me on the straight and narrow!
    @dvw – 2.6lbs downs so far in February is brilliant – you have got this!

But first for me a bit more cricket at 1300hrs – SA v Pakistan and then into the Rugby at 1415 – hoping the entertainment and a cup of tea or two will keep my mind off food until my evening meal – planning on something easy to do – mushroom, red peppers, feta and spinach frittata with some brocollini on the side and a treat of one of my special chocolates to look forward to ๐Ÿ˜‹ so should definitely make today a CD

Enjoy your weekend!

Day 13 UK NFD

Early start for community online gathering. Rather tired but head in a good place& the sun is shining brightly despite it feeling like -8C.

I’m going to make a late brunch of scrambled spicy tofu, tomatoes, spinach and mushroom sausages. Thinking about a lovely bowl of crunchy coleslaw with vegan fish & baked sweet potato, perhaps stewed apples, plums & ginger with soya yogurt – food is feeling like a feast. Tomorrow I’ll batch cook for the week ahead with an eye to more FDs. And learn from last week – don’t eat lots of carbs the day before FD!

@betsylee Im definitely recovered from vaccine – thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ I think it’s @daffodil2010 having her lovely Dad for the weekend

Off to prep food and settle down to watch rugby – exciting tournament this year!

Day 13 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I commented to a friend the other day that we’re having a “particularly hard winter,” and she shot right back, “No, it’s a /normal/ winter; we’ve just been spoiled for several years!” I realized she was right, but it’s been so long since we’ve had a normal winter that I’d forgotten what a normal winter is. All that is a prelude to the comment that we woke up to another three inches of snow. Spring will be particularly welcome this year!

Had another good FD yesterday (that’s my third this week) and the scales responded with 148.4, the lowest I’ve been since before Christmas, I think. Just in time for my hypnosis session this morning, and good behavior today. It will be so lovely to have the scales go down again!

@suki2 So lovely about your DD’s house.

@at Your 2kg loss this month is very impressive! You must be so chuffed to be getting back down exactly where you want to be.

@michelinme So sad you’re having long-term effects from your bout with Covid, but so glad you’re slowly getting back to good health!

@mogaman “I remind myself that letting myself actually feel hunger is a rare and good thing.” Those are nearly my exact words in an email I wrote myself several years ago and shared with this group last October. A rare as well as a good thing, indeed, and you’re so wise to recognize and appreciate the sensation!

@songbirdme So are you sore this morning?? ๐Ÿ’ช I’m no expert on hypnosis, but I think the bottom line is that the goal is to change your default thinking, and just as muscles aren’t trained after one session, neither is our default thinking. And it’s our thinking that leads us to good/bad choices and to weight loss/gain, right? Hence, the need for more than a single session.

@brightonbelle Yeah, it’s not as cold for you as for us, but the more relevant point is how cold you’re used to, and I completely get how that feels astonishingly freezing to you! I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, and I still remember the day in Nebraska not long after I moved here when I discovered cold isn’t simply cold, but cold HURTS. That was quite an insight, LOL!

@betsylee I know that frustration of not losing weight, and gaining back what I’ve lost before eventually losing it again. We’re cheering you on to sustainable results!

@dvw 2.6 pounds is a solid accomplishment in not quite two weeks; well done!

@northgeorgia I sure hope those missing employees are replaced soon with new hires! That has to be so incredibly stressful for you, and stress is never good for weight loss!

I’m making a Guinness Pie for supper tonight; one of you mentioned it several months ago, and when I came across a recipe from the New York Times, I had to try it. I’m making today OMAD in order not to hit too many calories with that treat! Tomorrow is a Valentine’s Day feast, and I spent a long time considering recipes until I got a lovely blend of textures, flavors and colors: Lobster, Crispy Parmesan Potatoes, Asparagus with oranges and cashews, and Lemon Posset for dessert. The beauty of it is that the calories are all within reason, so I’m really looking forward to it. Then Monday is again the first of my three FDs for the week. The weeks seem to be flying past!

Enjoy the rugby games, everyone!

Day 13 North Canton OH NFD

We are officially on the last day of the first half of this month. This is a short month, but somehow it does not feel that way. And it is just so nail bitingly cold!

@brightonbelle there really is no substitute for writing down what you eat. Every time I move away from doing so, I lose track and gain weight. My FitnessPal really is my friend

@dvw I love almonds – and cashews. I think I have a problem ๐Ÿ™„. Congrats on the loss!

@northgeorgia itsy bitsy hints of progress that add up to a lot!๐Ÿ˜

@at I think tomorrow is shaping up to be an OMAD for so many on this forum, the beautiful thing is the general awareness of the potential for EFS and making plans to avoid it. I believe that makes the difference

@stitchincarol you are right, we have been spoiled with milder winters in recent years. It is unusual though to have so many of our southern friends experiencing colder weather like they have been; they just are not used to such shenanigans. A Guinness Pie?! How yum!

So many Rugby aficionados, enjoy the games!!!

โ€œYesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only Today. Let us begin.โ€ Mother Teresa

Day 13 MN USA 6:42 pm ( 1842 central) NFD

Crazy cold temperatures for February. It never got above -3 F (-19.4C). Not much wind. I sent my DH to the grocery stores this morning, early. The temps were even lower, then. My DH says he loves the cold; loves the tiega type weather. That’s why we are up here in MN. So, I give him the grocery list and say “Have at it, Sweetie!”. ๐Ÿฅถ๐Ÿ˜‚ He came home and brought groceries in the house with his steamed up glasses that were frosted and frozen. HeHe. Said, “Gosh, it seemed pretty cold out there today”. Still chuckling in self satisfaction. Yes, I know, I’m terrible.

NFD but trying to stay within limits

DH brought home roses for V day, but no chocolates. Thank goodness!! He got the big hint. He is needing to get back on track much more than I am. His blood sugars are up, his weight is up, and his his BP ia up….. I’m quite worried, actually. I think he should do keto for a couple weeks. He needs a big push and a big victory. I think keto does that.

Sorry, to go on with personal stuff.

Keep determined….persevere….keep your eyes on the prize, and be kind to yourselves and others.

Day 14 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Much better morning the cold front has moved away and it’s not windy so the walking boots will be on this morning.

@northerndawn – why be sorry about your comments, sometimes you have to ‘say’ things to others to clear your own mind and if that includes a message or two on here then fine, we’re listening. I’ve put a few (personal health messages) on here myself the last 6 months or so and it helps! Us blokes aren’t always good at spotting what’s blindingly obvious health wise, hopefully your OH will get on track, he took the hint about no chocs!

Hope those who watched enjoyed the rugby yesterday, I certainly did.

England were a bit more settled, but well done Italy, put a couple of tries past England which was encouraging for them.

Scotland v Wales was a brilliant game, edge of the seat stuff, another sending off Scotlands Fargerson for head contact, (officials are tightening up) must admit Scotland played really well again, just can’t manage at International level with a man down.

Ireland vs France this afternoon could well turn into another cracking game, fingers crossed.

We’re organised today, Mrs I-H-L also wants to watch the rugby, so there’s a bottle chilling in the fridge and we’re going to have a sharing platter of goodies which we can enjoy together after the game.

Take care all

Day 14 UK NFD

@northerndawn – absolutely no apologies needed I love reading everyoneโ€™s little snippets about their everyday lives , Obviously I could research ( but thereโ€™s no fun in that) the extent of my Minnesota knowledge comes from watching Fargo series a few years ago so thank you for educating me further

@i-hate-lettuce Yes cracking afternoon yesterday, an Italian antipasti platter added to the enjoyment Very much looking forward to this afternoonโ€™s game

Very pleased with myself, stayed on track this weekend gearing myself up for FD tomorrow Happy Valentines Day all๐Ÿ’˜

Day 14 – UK – NFD

Yesterday was a good CD and today will definitely be a NFD – We have a 5 course tasting menu and a bottle of bubbly in the fridge (for me as OH does not drink!) Today will be my first “whose counting calories day” this February Challenge……….but I will be back with another CD tomorrow followed by a FD500 on Tuesday

Great Rugby yesterday and also enjoyed some cricket and tennis – the Scotland v Wales match was very tight even with Scotland 1 man down!!!
    Unfortunately I will miss the Ireland v France this afternoon as I have a 2hr “Love yourself” Yoga Workshop booked for 3pm via zoom which is perfect way to spend a grey drizzly afternoon!!!

“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” Theodore Roosevelt

Day 14 – USA/GA – NFD

Meh, 230 lb weigh-in. Patience, patience…

Have a great weekend, all!

Day 14 country West Australia hopefully a CD
    Days 1-13 NFDs with a fair few feast days!!! thrown in.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 436 total)

You must be logged in to reply.