Does anyone want a diet buddy

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Does anyone want a diet buddy

This topic contains 564 replies, has 85 voices, and was last updated by  Applecrisp 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 568 total)

• Thanks busymummynell I too am fasting tomorrow so we can support each other!

I am going to stay with my mum for a week or so on Friday so will be out of touch for a while. I try to go once a month since my dad passed away so sticking with 5 2 will be difficult because she tries to treat me for being good like she did when I was a child…. I am 57 now!

Keep strong this week and no more dinner parties hehe.

Dragon fly and beeps stay strong we all have our little failures but you are doing the right thing by going straight back on 5 2. I am sure if we all support each other we will all get there in the end!

Thanks audrey 😀 Have a nice time with your mum 🙂 I know what you mean, I’m 44 and my mum still tries to feed me when I go and visit!

Have a good day 😀

Hiya dragonfly, I’m fasting today too and made a green smoothie for lunch ….

Those scales won’t know what’s hit them!!

You girls make me giggle… I have great difficulties losing weight. I have to move a LOT and eat only little to lose a gram. I was surprised myself to see that I have finally lost some. I hope we all stay strong together! I enjoy reading your posts and feel very encouraged, you are all so honest.
    Audrey, thank you for your message! I’ve just turned 50 and find managing portions a bit of a challenge. I always overate at night and it has become a habit. Cutting down portions is not easy. Good luck with your visit at your mum’s. Maybe you have a chance to tell her what your plan is and she could help you with it? It’s not easy to slow down mothering your child even if the child is your age 😉
    Good luck to you all and enjoy the day!

Thanks Audrey,

We can do this

Yeah thanks everybody mum means well but she thinks if I have dieted for one day a chocolate bar, crisps and cream cake won’t hurt me the day after and bless her she still buys treats in for when I go up to see her!

I have tried to explain about the 5 2 but she thinks if I fast one day I can have everything for the next 6! Feel so bad keep saying I am not allowed, and now when I rang her this morning she is now saying we will both fast on Saturday which is nice but she only weighs 7 stone wet through!

Oh well at least she cares and she is trying to support me, I suppose I do the same as her when my 2 come home I feed them up too! Like mother like daughter .

Thanks for your support girls let’s keep this going.

Audreyg, sounds like you have a lovely and caring mum! Lucky girl! I am looking forward to fasting tomorrow, too! Yes, let’s keep this going!

Hey katsert12! Keep going! Write to us if you feel like you’re getting a bit wobbly, we are here for you!

Glad to see some familiar names here. I have spectacularly fallen off the wagon and am now back at the weight I was at the start of January. 🙁 I’m so disappointed in myself.
    I’m off to a wedding in 8 weeks so I must get back on track and lose some weight. I’ve bought a gorgeous dress but it would look so much more fantastic without the mum-tum!
    I counted calories today but I’m going to start back on 5:2 tomorrow because I know it does work and I was actually feeling really good when I was doing it. Fingers crossed I stick to it this time.

Hi sweetpea24! Good to see you’re back! I felt a bit lonely here… 😉
    I’m fasting today too! I’m sure you’ll look stunning in your new dress, and even better if you lose a bit till the wedding! I’m almost always on this site to encourage myself. I find it hard at times. Let’s help each other! I sooo want to lose these stubborn pounds! Let’s do it together, please!

Hi busymumnell. We definitely should help each other. I’ll start logging on more frequently.
    So far today I’m managing it. Out tonight so at least I won’t be tempted to eat! (I usually have breakfast then lunch and then nothing until the next day).

For some reason, as soon as I start fasting I start craving toast – can’t wait until breakfast tomorrow. Lol

Hope your fast is going well today.

Hi 🙂 I’m a newbie to 5.2. This is my first fast day, so far so good :)……I’m hoping to lose 2st by mid May……do you think this is possible?

Hi sweetpea24, had an ok day fasting. Now comes the tricky time, dinner for the family. I’m a bit emotional because my son kicked up a fuss and stormed off. Puts me in a rather difficult situation (food wise…;) ) . I’m craving my breakfast already now and it’s before dinner time. So, here’s hoping… Good luck and talk later!

Hi all

I am new to this diet and would love to join you all on your journey. I am 43 and have put nearly 4.5 stone on in the last 2 years. It was initially down to medication I was on but now I eat healthily, exercise regularly and still my weight keeps on going up. I went to my GP today who recommended I try this.

I think it’s an age thing :-(. Not looking forward to fasting but have gone for the easy option and just placed an order for the food.

I’m fed up of having no clothes that fit anymore. This has got to work.

I look forward to hearing all your success stories and hope to have one of my own to share.

Angie

Hi Angie Rose, like most of us here, I guess you’ve tried different diets. I think this one is not a diet as such. You just learn to eat less and a bit more controlled. I lose weight very slowly in general. But even I see results. Sometimes I put on a bit, sometimes I make more of an effort and lose a bit. You will too!! This forum is really nice because we are all in the same situation. The support is great! Good luck!

HI clsturdy

I started fasting again yesterday and I’m hoping for 16 lbs. off by 8th May. Let’s give it a go anyway.
    Hope you’re first fast went well. I’m doing my 2nd fast on Friday.

My weigh day is Saturday so fingers crossed for a good result!

Hi,
    I hope it’s ok that I join you too. Definitely in need of some encouragement and help :). I’m 62years old.’retired’ Started 5:2 in April last year, and even though it made med very unwell the first few months, I did perservere and managed to loose about 8 kg. But from september I’ve not been able to loose any. Had pneumonia, and then double reconstruction after ca mammae, but I tried the best I could of doing as many 500 days I possibly could in spite of that. Have carried on this year, now fit and waiting for the last surgery, but nothing budges at all. Don’t want to give in because somehow I love the 500 days as I don’t have to eat much, and that suits me. If it wasn’t for a husband looking to be fed, I probably could have done 2:5 LOL most weeks…

Through Dec’14 I wasn’t allowed to do any excercise or walking ( risk of bleeding after surgery ). Now I can, and have just started doing walks 1 hour at a time. Regulary.

Usually I don’t have much to eat before supper on 500 days: have a 4-500 cal dinner then. Drink coffe and water throughout the day. No softdrinks..

Any suggestions ??

love from JohnAnne

Hi JohnAnne, good to have you here too! Well done to losing already 8kg! That’s amazing! I’m 50 now and started 5:2 in January 15. My first fast days I felt also a bit weak and almost gave up. If you gently persist you should be ok. Hope your doctor is ok with your 5:2. I find a little exercise on a daily basis helps me a lot. It gives me time to think and keeps me away from the cupboard. I drink a lot of green tea, it’s supposed to contribute to weight loss. Keep posting, JohnAnne, and good luck!

Hi busymummy, So sorry I haven’t posted for a while. Eating not going great on fasting regime, seem to have lost my mojo (certainly not losing any weight)!!!!! Can’t seem to shift those stubborn pounds. Started swimming, trying to do twice a week, so we’ll see how that goes. How’s it going with you? You’re SO great at posting and keeping us all motivated. Thanks for all your help.

Ok! Here goes, if I post I’m committed to starting this 5:2… It is Thursday here and I’m starting on Monday March 23rd. The start date isn’t so I can gorge myself silly first (although I have done that with other diets). It is more about getting my fridge organized and timetabling my week to incorporate enough exercise.

Help me out with a couple of things for this newbie: Do you exercise on your fasting days?

Do you stick to the TEE calories on your non fasting days? (is that how it works)?

TIA

Hey katsert12!! It feels like you need some pick-me-up in the willpower department!! Come on girl! You can do it! Be convinced that what you’re doing is for you, your body, your health and your family! When you do a fast day, just be aware that it’s for one day only! Prepare that day food and activity wise and drink green tea whenever you feel a little niggle in the tummy. If you can, go outside. Do you have a dog that needs to walk? Your neighbours got one maybe? Moving helps to keep hunger pangs at bay! Suck on sugar free mints or chewing gums. I love Fishermen’s friends and find it takes away the longing of something in the mouth. And try to go little step by little step. If you lose a pound a week that’s great! Try not to see the total amount of weight you want to lose,that can only frustrate you! You and I will get there and lose those unwanted pounds that have been sitting there bothering us for ages! If I can do it, you can too! Keep me up to date! Come rain or shine! Promise?

Hi MadMaggie! Welcome to you! It’s a good thing to prepare yourself and your fridge for Monday! Less temptations are better. If you are a gym bunny you might want to continue with your exercises, but I have to say, I am not and I didn’t do much on my first fast days for maybe two weeks. The other days, I tend to go walking in the forest and the fields here. You’ll get used to it. When you don’t fast try to stick to the TEE. It’s essential if you want to lose weight. Otherwise you fill the calories back into your body that you just cut out with your fast day. Good luck to you too!!

Hi All

I am on my very first second fast, going ok and have been reading all the threads. I have 7 stone to lose feels a bit daunting though but I will get there. Reading what you all are doing has given me real encouragement. Ive got a little emotional writing this but Im heading in the right direction now.

Thanks Busymummynell- I shall update you after day 1. My biggest downfall is eating the kids leftovers or dinner. I’m sure if I cut that out alone I’d loose 10lbs!

Good for you MadMaggie! I found it very difficult not to finish off the kids’ dinners as I hate waste as much as anyone. But it will be the first step in the right direction. You’ll see, the rest will follow. You just need to stay strong for most of the time. I go weak at times, sometimes more, sometimes less. And sometimes a week passes without me eating a biscuit or chocolate (my biggest downfall!). Hope you have the support of your husband and friends! Keep going!

Hi busymummy, you are so inspiring. Thank you so much for your’pick me up’ it has really cheered me up and spurred me on!!! I have an adorable golden retriever who is my best buddy. I walk him every day and he is just the best company you could ask for, he’s never in a mood, he’s always delighted to see you and he never swears or answers back (I have 2 teenage sons)!!!!! So, today is looking brighter. My mother in law is visiting at present for 2 weeks so will have to wait until she goes before starting the Fast again. Once again, thank you so much for your support. Good luck and keep me posted.

Thank you katsert12! You’re very kind! We’ve been talking about getting a dog now for about a year… I wish you a good two weeks with your mother in law and hope that you can still stick a bit to the 5:2. Well, I know it’s difficult but you don’t have to put back on what you worked off! I’ll be thinking of you and wish you good luck

Weighed myself this morning after my first week back on 5:2 and have lost 4lbs!!! 🙂 I’m so delighted. 12lbs more until I’m at my target weight.

Hope everyone else has had a good week. Keep up the good work.

Great result, sweetpea24! Well done! I had my weigh-in this morning too, lost 1,5 lbs. Not much but better off than on… It’s a great start into the weekend. Keep going everyone!!!

busymumnell good result. Makes it all worthwhile and easier to persevere.

I’ve just finished a 12 hour shift and I’m starving. I haven’t eaten since lunchtime and my head is banging. Roll on breakfast tomorrow! Lol

Hope everyone has had a good fast day. Hang on in there.
    It does work.

Had a bit of a bad day yesterday and today. I couldn’t resist sweets… hmmm…Getting ready for my fast day tomorrow… I am actually looking forward to it! Thanks for your message, sweetpea24, hope you’re feeling better once you’ve got something in your tum! See you all later!

Hi busymummynell, I’m ever so sorry for not getting back to you and say thank you for your encouragement !! I had to go away the following day : flights canncelled, arrived 1,5 hr to late to a meeting. That was just the start, cancellation continued so I was half dead when I arrived home. Used it as a 500 day tooand was starving and shaking when I came home. . Wise? Looking back NO, but I wasn’t for wasting my agony when I’d come that far in the day. . Friday I sat down at the computer with fuzzy water in my sport flask. Opend it and had a shower, literally drenching me and the keyboard. I survived but the keybord lost all the wovels !! lol. Got a new one yesterday, another 500 day. And by the evening I was so tired and hungry I was close to starting a 3rd world war ( practising on my spouse dear help him ) However, waiting on my computer to repond just now , I decided to weigh myself and even with clothes on; I weighed more a kg less than I did in naked yesterday . Over the moon !!!
    My doctor knows I’m doing 5:2, but I haven’t said too much about my state at times. He and the surgent does encourage me to go on ( the surgent wanted to try it himself after we talked ) I do recover over the weekend, and there are days when I feel so bad that I do have to increase my cals a little or break the fast.

Congrats on your loss too.. And thanks for all the encouraging thoughts and advice you give us. Have a wonderful week !!

I tried to write I’d lost more than 1 kg pluss the weight of my clothes , likely at least 3 lb

Well done JohnAnne! Great result! See, it does pay off to stay with it! I’m fasting today and so far it is good. Hope you’ll have a great week too!

Hi all,
    I am back from my travels and have survived a visit to mums and a weekend away!
    I have only lost half a pound this week but that is probably due to the fish n chips and the take away curry that I ate!

I have however now lost just over a stone since I started in January and seem to be averaging a pound and half loss each week.

It’s nice to see some new names and catch up with news from the old ones.

Busymummynell glad to see you are still losing weight, thanks for your support. Sweetpea welcome back glad to see you trying again.
    Keep up the good work and keep on fasting, we can all get there.

Audrey

Hi Audrey, nice to have you back! Great that you still managed to lose weight even though you were in the care of mum!! What an achievement to have lost a stone since January! That’s my goal in total, I’m half way there. It’s very slow… Talk to you soon!!

AUDREYG – what fantastic weight loss. I’m aiming to lose 16lbs so you’ve inspired me. It can be done!
    Congratulations to everyone else who lost weight.

I’m on my 2nd fast day of the week so fingers crossed for another good result at the weekend.

Thanks Sweetpea but I have still another two stones at least to go, so for me will still take some time. I was 12 stone 6 on Jan 7th and have just had a quick weigh in and am now at 11st 4 lb.

The good news is that I now fit back into the suit I have got for my daughters wedding day in June. It’s still a little bit snuggly but by then I should look very good indeed. I find it easier to make little targets to reach. my next is to lose another 3 lb and then i will have lost 10% of my original weight!

Let us know how you get on at your weigh in and I will do the same on Monday.

Busymummynell good to catch up how are you doing? No more dinner parties planned I hope!

Audrey

Keep going sweetpea! I’m fasting today too. At least I’m trying. I feel like I want to give in to munchies a lot this week. Had a bag of crisps last night. not good at all.

Thanks for your message Audrey! This week is a bit tougher on me, the weather is horrible, it’s cold and rainy and I don’t want to go outside. We are going into the mountains tomorrow night. Our ski club has organised a traditional dinner (loads of French cheeses… and potatoes) in a restaurant in the mountains (on the actual slopes). Then we’ll all ski down back home. Should be nice and all the cheese will make me go faster 😉 . So, I’ll report again next week. I’m sure my scales will sigh under the heavy load on Sunday morning. I’ll try to be as good as possible.

Keep up your good work! You’ll look great with your suit all nice and perfectly fitted!

So, I’m back again. The weekend went well. Lots of skiing and cheese in the evening. Fasting today. How’s everyone today? How was your weekend??

Busymummynell,
    good to hear you didn’t get lost in the mountains, I weighed in and have lost another 2 lb only 1.5 more to my first 10%.

I have had a busy day babysitting today so am worn out now, I have been dancing with my granddaughter on the wii, and baking and playing etc so ready for bed now! Was glad when mummy turned up, I think I have been put down to have the older one next time lucky me hehe!
    Sweetpea
    thanks for your lovely comments how is your weight loss doing?

I haven’t been here in a while but last few weeks I have been so off track…

Hi Audrey! Congratulations on your constant weight loss! Brilliant! It sounds like you had a good if tiring day with your granddaughter! Sounds like a lot of fun! Here it’s my daughter who does the WII dancing, she won’t let me join in… sniff. I think she’s a bit embarrassed when I start wriggling to the music. No, we didn’t get lost in the mountains on Saturday night. It was lovely to ski down in the dark. All you could see were the head lights on the people’s helmets. Despite the cheesy dinner I managed to lose 1/2 pound. Had a very good fast day today. Next FD is on Thursday. Weigh in on Saturday. Have a good rest after an eventful day! Talk soon!

Hi Ann247, good to see you’re back! How have your last few weeks been? I’m sending you some spring sunshine to encourage you to go on!! After this grey period that’s what we all need!! Good luck!

AudreyG: sounds like you’re doing really well. Well done!

I didn’t weigh myself at the weekend because I was out for a meal on Thursday night and lunch on Friday. Didn’t want to depress myself! Lol. I’m on my second fast of the week today so I’m going to weight myself tomorrow (before I go away for the weekend and undo all my good work!!).

AudreyG – well done on getting so close to your 10 % . Since January, I’m so impressed!! I’ve got about to 2 stones to loose, and by the way I’m loosing, I’d be lucky for that to happen before I turn 100 yrs . lol. I do loose at times, but within a few days I’m back up. I’m stuck at 12st 13lb aiming for 10st 3lb . But whatever I do, since September I always end back at this this one weight… Really frustrating…

I’ve been feeling very unwell these last weeks again, and worse by the day. Thus I decided to take a few weeks off 5:2 — just trying to eat sensibly and not feast. I’m feeling so much better already after about 4 days. !! Looks like my body needed it. We’re off to Berlin for a week, so we’ll be doing lots of walking daily.Look forward to that 🙂

A while back I found a site that wrote about hypothyreodism and 5:2. For my life I’m not able to find it again. Does any of you know what site I’m talking about ?? Would so love to be able to read it again, and try to start doing it the way the recommended…

Have a wonderful week..

Hi JohnAnne, if you enter into your search machine “hypothyroidism and fasting” you’ll get a good choice of interesting sites. I’m glad you’re feeling better. Enjoy Berlin. It’s one of the most fascinating cities!! Been there before and after the Wall. Amazing what the people of Berlin and their city have become! Enjoy!!!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

Hello!! Where did you all go? Katser12, sweetpea, audreyG and all you others? How are you all doing?

Hi busymummynel, I have been doing very bad, worse than I have been for a long time. Hate myself for it, and still not really up to change for the better so,ehow. Think I can wave goodbye very soon to all my progress. What is it in me that is so addicted to overeating on chocolate etc? I wish they got pills for that. I know by now that life for me is easier when my husband is not here, eating wise. I do ok, then weekend comes and 3-4 days later I am getting back on track

Hi Ann247, Busymummy, I haven’t logged on for a while because, like you Ann, I have not done well!!!! Can’t seem to focus at the moment, don’t know why……..BUT I’M STARTING AGAIN TODAY!!!! Good luck all of you. How’s your progress Busymummy? Hope you’re doing well…….

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 568 total)

You must be logged in to reply.