Does anyone want a diet buddy

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Does anyone want a diet buddy

This topic contains 564 replies, has 85 voices, and was last updated by  Applecrisp 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 568 total)

• Hi katser12, I am so sorry to hear this. Tell you what, you are not the only one yo yo dieting… I’ve been up and down a stone for a few years now. And I know it’s not good. That’s why I’ve started this fasting now. I’ve been naughty the last two weeks too, loads of chips and cake as we were on holidays. Don’t be too hard on you about this weight gain. You’ll get back to were you were and further! I’ll be there! Let’s keep in touch on fasting days or whenever you can, I find that helps me quite a bit when I know there’s someone who can encourage me when I’m tempted. OK?

The support here is amazing, lets all keep it going!

I have a feeling everyone is going to have a positive day today, stay strong!

Hi busymummy! thanks for getting in touch … well doing good if slowly … after the first fast I was soooo hungry and tired so decided not to do two fasting days together again … not in this cold weather!! I did not weigh myself, but when back on proper eating watched what I ate … certainly no curries and chinese (my real weakness) and no nibbling after dinner each night (another bad habit I have always had!). I did another fast day the next week but did not manage the second day that week. I have however found that changing my daily eating habits is really helping, I have bacon (lean) and egg and toms for breakfast – this seems to keep me going til about 4pm even at work!! I then have fruit or yoghurt smoothie (home made) and then a healthy dinner in evening. I have so far lost 9lbs which is brilliant really considering I have only done 3 fasting days this month!!

I did another fasting day yesterday (23rd feb) but found it hard going and grabbed some crusty bread – however still did less than 800 cals I think so not feeling too bad about that lapse! I have a beach holiday in 9 weeks – yes am counting – and have some lovely clothes I would love to get into! So gotta do another fast day tomorrow – will be working but should be a quiet day (one can hope) and should be fine!

I have noticed a large drop in measurements around hips though!! 2″ lost – WOW – that is my biggest problem, middle, thighs, hips! So pretty encouraged by that!!

Fasting is going well so far (but it’s only 11H30 here…)

hi Dragon Fly – yes I do appreciate the support and tips and advice on this forum!! Otherwise you do feel rather alone doing this!! Keep up the good work – the weightloss is one thing but the loss of inches is FAB !! Have a good week!!

Hi everyone

I’m new to this and have only done 2 half hearted fasts…. Looking for some support
    It’s not really the days that I struggle with, it’s having just one little glass of wine and then it’s game over as the munchies set in

Any tips welcome

hi busymummy again, as to fasting day meals I get chicken breasts and coat them in a peri herb mix and bake them and have chopped with a large salad with beansprouts and cranberries ….. and home made smoothies with mango are tasty, and with the berries too! I find they curb my sweet cravings. Hope this helps.

Hi Beeps! Welcome! You’re in good hands here. I think the trick is to keep busy. At night I find it also a bit difficult not to give in to munchies and wine… Instead I make a huge mug of green tea and sip that. I also go to bed rather early and read a book. I find it helps, also, I tell myself fasting is only for a day. The next day I am taking my time with food and drinks. My husband and I only have a glass of wine over the weekend. That helps too. Good luck! Don’t hesitate to post here!!!

Thanks ClareGR! That’s a good idea otherwise I find chicken a bit bland… I’ll see if I can share a recipe with you and the others too, at the moment I’m trying to get my daughter fed and back to school. Talk to you later!!

Hi busymummynell

Thanks for your support and great tips…. Early nights on my fast days from now on

Hi busymummy, doing a fast today, starting with coffee then porridge for lunch. Salad with chicken for dinner. This week is going better(it needed to)!!!! How’s your week been?

Good luck with your fast katser … i’m fasting today too. Second one of the week, so am expecting it to be a bit more difficult, but I’ll keep reading the forums to keep me strong! Glad your weeks going better 🙂

Have a good day everyone!

Hi katsert12 and Dragon Fly! I’ve had my second fast day for the week too. Went really well. But I weighed myself yesterday and had 1,5kg MORE!! Why I don’t know… hope my scales are wrong, low on battery it says. So I was a bit sad when I started today. But I went for my daily 45min walk anyway. Looking forward to tomorrow!! Saturday we’ll go skiing again. Some fresh air and activity does me good. Talk to you later! I’m glad you had a better week this time round!!

Hi busymummynell

Can I join in for support? I too put weight on despite sticking to calories. Just worried this diet not for me.

Hi can I please join in too. I am into 2nd week of fasting lost 3 lb last week and at the end of first fast day for this week. I find I am ok till about 3 p.m. then once I start eating find it difficult to stop! My daughter is getting married in June and I bought my outfit last year but unfortunately have put on weight so it no longer fits! I am desperate to lose a stone, I have already lost 10lbs with calorie counting and thought I would give the 5 2 diet a try. Any support would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi AmberOOO and audreyg! Great to have you! I find easier if I keep busy and move around more like going for a walk to keep me away from nibbling stuff that I would regret afterwards. I feel I’ve become more conscious about what I eat and when. I so desperately want to lose the weight that I’ve put on over the past year! I sometimes keep a food diary to see what I really eat all day. I find that it helps too. Good luck girls! Keep in touch!

Hi busymummy, oh dear!! Had a disaster yesterday!! Felt so hungry and gave in by the evening so today feel dreadful!! Fasting today is not an option due to family stuff so will start again on Monday!! Just wish I had more willpower.

So I am into my 2nd fast day in a row. Yesterday was hard and was in hospital first thing today to have mole removed from leg. Whilst sitting in outpatient dept succumbed to toast and coffee so am now stuck with only soup for evening meal! It’s going to take a lot of will power to get through today. They have told me I can’t exercise for 2 to 3 months so diet has to work in order to fit into suit for wedding. Think I need a lot of support….HELP PLEASE

Oh no, poor katsert! Well, don’t beat yourself up. just go easy the next few days until the next fast day. Try to consciously eat and drink and keep in mind why you do it. A little bit of everything is ok. Just don’t go overboard with it! And if you do, well, there’s always the next fast day… Keep smiling!! You’ll get there!

Audreyg, we all go up and down with our cycles… willpower is good if you have it. I often don’t. I try to get over my fast days with eating a hard boiled egg, drinking a lot of green tea and chicken broth. I find the salty broth helps me. And stay focused as much as you can! Think about the lovely wedding coming up!! You’ll get there too!!

If we post things that go through your mind, be sure, others will benefit from it. I do! Thanks for keeping me going too!! Have a good weekend you lot!

Been a disaster for me today .. i’m trying not to let it get me down, and im focusing on 1st March, when I plan to start afresh.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Keep the support going, its amazing 🙂

Hey dragon fly, I’ve been head first in the biscuit tin today. So, I’ve been a bit week too… not to worry! Tomorrow is another day!! Good luck and stay strong! Let us know how your next fast day goes!!

Well I have managed to get through the day on just the toast from this morning and a few sugar free mints! Feeling much more positive now going to have early night and look forward to nice boiled egg for my breakfast! thanks busymummynell for your earlier support was much appreciated ☺. Have a good weekend everyone

Hi all,
    I am new here. Really need your support. Last year from February to July I did my fast day very seriously and lost @ 10kg. Was very happy. After that some family problems and health issues I stopped doing my fast day seriouly. Now I want to start it again. Please need your support.
    Thanks

Hi everone,
    I’ve never been on a forum before as I try and do my thing alone but think supporting others might actually help me too.

Busy_mummy I too have had health issues the last 2 years which made losing weight impossible and being on steroids doesn’t make it easier.

I am determined to get my health and fitness back. My daughter is getting married in October and I will look my best.
    I started 5:2 end Dec 2014 and have lost 5kg. I have good and bad days health and food wise but I am not hard on myself if this happens, I just pick myself up again.

My family and workmates know on my fast days to leave me be, I pre prepare foods & drinks so find these days easier. I walk my dog daily and have just recommenced aqua aerobics for exercise.

Make a plan that suits you, pre prepare if you can and be kind to yourself. 🙂

Welcome busy mummy and Hollydog67! I only joined the forum last week but the support and the welcome I have received has been wonderful. It’s great to know that there are lots of other people going through the same thing.

Hollydog67 my daughter too is getting married mine is in June so I know exactly how you feel! 5kg loss is wonderful you must be feeling pleased.

Busy mummy I am sure you will soon get back into 5 2 after all you know it works 10kg weight loss was fantastic and I am sure you can do it again.

Hi busy_mummy and Hollydog67! Welcome and good luck to you here! I think it’s a great idea to have this forum. I have tried to lose weight before but alone. It didn’t really work for me. Maybe it was the wrong diet. But with your support and the support of all the others here it’s been so much easier. Good luck to all here and have a good weekend!

Hi peps I’m starting my first day tomorrow so please message me I need all the help I can getx lorri68

Hi peps I’m lorri68 and I’m starting tomorrow so I need help and support along the way as I have about 3st to lose which has crept on over the last 8 years when I gave up smoking cheers

Hi I’m starting tomorrow and Thurs and I need as much help as possible . Please help with advice lorrainedixey68@hotmail.co.uk all help is welcome thks Lorraine

Hi lorri and welcome:

Here is most of the help you need to be successful with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi everyone! I did a fast yesterday, Sunday just because it was 1st March. I did really well actually, 500 cals and no alcohol at all! Woke up feeling much better for it and 1lb down! Fasting today and then Thursday this week. Feeling really positive at the moment … hope that feeling lasts 😀 Have a great Monday xx

Hi everyone I weighed in this morning and have lost 1 lb. It was pretty much what I expected as I am no longer able to exercise. Welcome lorri you have come to the right place for support! I have now lost 11 lbs since I started in January and have worked out if I lose 1lb per week will be 10 stone by my birthday which is in august so that is what I am aiming for once I fit into wedding suit!

Hi all,I too would like to join for support, never been on a forum before but it sounds good to hear other ideas. This is my 4th WK and only lost 2lb so very disappointed but keeping going

I’d love a diet buddy and today’s my first day back on the wagon after falling off over Xmas and trying unsuccessfully to get back on it since then.

I’ll be doing a weigh in every Monday and so would welcome any support and if I can offer any then thats all good too xx

Hi Dragon Fly! Good to see that you’re feeling so much better! Well done on your fast day! I send you some sunshine from here, it makes my fast day easier too… 😉 Keep on going, I have sinned yesterday (it was raining all day so we stayed at home), but today I’m good, well, so far. I am fasting tomorrow again. Talk to you later! Good luck to everyone here!

I’m fasting today, but I’m also fighting the munchies…. Help!!

Come on busymummynell you can do this! Try to think how great you are going to feel when u lose your weight. Keep yourself busy get through today and you are going to feel great about doing it. I am sure some of the longer forum members will have better advise but needed you to know that you are not alone. Together we are stronger.

busymumnell, have a cup of bovril. That is what I am looking forward to. I am doing a liquid only fast today, and if truth be known, I am starving! but I won’t give in. This fat has to go.

I find 2 x 350 calorie fasts and one liquid only per week work well for me. Last week on my feed days I had kebab and chips one day (so not worth the calories) and roast chicken WITH SKIN! another day, all with mucho vino tinto (red wine) and still lost 3lbs. I usually lose 2lbs per week so was thrilled.

Soon be time for that lovely bovril.

Stay strong everyone!

Thank you audreyg! It does help me when I read your comment but I’m still struggeling. My daughter just had some lovely smelling chocolate biscuits… it’s so mean!

Applepie, it’s funny that you say that about a liquid only day! I had only liquids today too! Had something like bovril today. It’s actually good as the salty taste helps me. Thanks to you too! I will try to stay strong. Have to cook dinner for the family and will go to bed very soon. I have to be honest though, I had a couple of sweets this afternoon… sneaky… so not all liquids…

Your so strong doing liquids only, I have to say I love drinking OXO and bovril too … I often crave savoury/salty rather than sweet so its great 🙂 I’m really quite enjoying the fast days at the moment 🙂

Good luck with the day everyone, stay strong!!!!!!

Had my first weigh-in since a while and I’m happy to say, I lost 4kg since January!!! Yeah!!! Thank you all for your great support!!! Let’s all continue, everyone will get his or her result in the end!! Go for it! Thanks again, everyone!

Well done busymummynell I knew you could do it. I am weighing in again on Monday so Fingers crossed. 4 kg is a fantastic loss congratulations.

Thank you augreyg! I am dead pleased as I don’t lose weight all that easily. Let me know how you get on over the weekend! I know it’s a tough time… I have mine ahead with a dinner party…. ooooohhh! Good luck!

hi busymummy, fantastic and congratulations on your weight loss. am still struggling but NOT GIVING UP!!!! keep the posts going, you are a great inspiration to us all

Hello The Overweight couple here !!!

We weighed in and 2lbs for hubby and 3lbs for me.

Love this 5.2.

Welcome to the overweight couple what great weight loss keep it up. I am on 2nd fast of the week, going hospital visiting this afternoon so that should keep me busy and out of the fridge!
    I am weighing in again Monday and hoping to lose another 1 lb.
    Keep up the good work everybody and have a good weekend!

Just weighed in and lost 2lb that is 13lb since I started in January. I am absolutely over the moon at this and am going to have egg on toast to celebrate.
    I did a 5 3 this week to fit in with hubby’s shift pattern and am finding the fast days easier to do.

I know I still have a long journey ahead, I need to lose another 34lbs but am determined to do it. I have set myself little targets to reach …lose 1 stone lose 10% of body weight etc so it is lots of little steps.

How is everyone after your weekend?

Wow, audreyg!! That’s BRILLIANT! What a result! See, you can do it too! I think you’re right, setting little targets is the best, step by step we all will get there! We had a great weekend, the dinner party turned out to be snacky bits so that was great, I didn’t go over board at all. Phew! Tomorrow is my next fast day.I’ll prepare myself today by cutting down slowly. Happy Monday to all!

Feeling a big disheartened, the scale showed a 3lb gain this morning 🙁 Im really not happy, but am determined to get serious this week. I tried really hard last week too. Never mind.

Stay strong everyone xx

Me too dragonfly, so don’t beat yourself up.

I wasn’t good from Friday and so I’ve only got myself to blame

Let’s both support each other this week and next Monday’s weigh in will be much better

Thanks for the support Beeps .. lets show the scale whose boss next Monday! Have a good day, I’m fasting today 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 568 total)

You must be logged in to reply.