Discouraged. Had expected to lose -something- after FD1.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Discouraged. Had expected to lose -something- after FD1.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LJoyce 7 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Does everyone lose some weight after their first fast day? Mine was Tuesday. On Wednesday, I found that I had not lost any weight. Instead, I gained a 1/4 lb! My fat mass was down some, but I cannot help but feel discouraged.

Today was FD 2 for the week. I guess we will see what things look like tomorrow.

I think youre being very unrealistic expecting magic to occur after one day. Do it for a month. Weigh yourself the same time of the day every time. I do it just before I have my shower in the morning. What you weigh the day after your second fast is the number you should look at. If that is going down all well and good. The weight does not come off at the same rate, it fluctuates. Sometime you will not lose anything, other weeks it will fall off.

Your fat mass was down? How did you measure this? Bathroom scales? So close to useless I wouldn’t bother with them. They rely on electrical signals going up one foot and down the other. They are affected by internal and external hydration levels. Have a shower, get out and remeasure yourself, bet it doesn’t read the same value. So does that mean you’ve lost a lot of fat having a shower? No.

As with any changes to your diet, you need to give it a chance.

You might find the following useful:
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.