Difficulty In Losing Last Pounds Of Fat

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Difficulty In Losing Last Pounds Of Fat

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  atcgirl 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• why is it difficult to lose the last pounds of fat, especially around the love handles? I am afraid I might have to continue to live with it.But I will appreciate any suggestion of exercises, not diets pls. Thanks.

Hi Christina03,

You may find the articles posted here interesting: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/related-science-articles-people-might-be-interested-to-read/
    For a long time I have tried weight loss “only” by intensive exercise, and that 5 days a week (!) without changing my diet. It simply does not work, at least not after you have reached a “certain” age.
    After a long period of saying what you say, “no diet please”, right now I’m following a 4:3 schedule, and will stick to it. Once you realise there is no other way, it helps.

In my experience, exercise is great only in reasonable quantity and only as an addition to a good diet, like 5:2 IF (or 4:3)
    I can confirm we don’t need intense and frequent sport to achieve results – to the contrary, it wears the joints out quickly. I follow Dr. Mosley’s fast exercise regime, the 3 times a week 10 min HIT training plus I do mild exercise (walking or light biking) at least 1/2 hr a day, at least 3 times a week.
    This keeps me in good condition and in good spirit, while overdoing exercise can be very fatiguing, plus frustrating when it does not deliver the expected results.
    I hope these hints help … The best of luck to you 🙂

christina,

I have no idea why it’s difficult for you to lose ‘the last pounds of fat’, particularly as you have imparted absolutely no information about yourself/ your diet etc.

I don’t even know what you mean by ‘the last pounds of fat’! Is this the difference between where you are now and your goal weight? Or not weight-related at all, but just that you are an apple and carry your weight round your middle?

Speaking personally, ‘last pound of fat’ is pretty arbitrary. My goal was 140lbs, but I didn’t stop losing until I hit 132. I’ve been 130 or thereabouts (UK size 8, BMI 20.3ish) for two years now, but I could easily lose more if I wanted. But I think I’m thin enough.

So for me, there is no difficulty wrt ‘last pounds of fat’. They’re absolutely no different to the first pounds of fat.

Are you intermittent fasting, or is this a random unrelated question? Perhaps getting ideas for your next blog… 😀

Need more info Christina.

Ha ha BB, much more succinct than my post 😀

I’m in the ‘last few pounds’ territory and have been for months. With a bmi of 20.4 I could stop quite easily now but the starting measurement around my belly button and love handles back in september has not changed at all until the last few days. I was constantly between 35″ and 36″ the entire time and in the past week it’s finally dropped to 34″. It’s as if I had to lose a decent amount of weight (21 lbs) everywhere else before my body would even consider taking it from my love handles, but it’s finally happening.

atcgirl,

Doesn’t that just demonstrate the irrelevance of BMI! I don’t know how tall you are, but we’re the same BMI. I’m a pear with waist 26; you’re waist 35/36, I’m guessing an apple?

I’m 5’4″. My waist (the smallest measurement just below my rib cage) is about 28″. Bmi is definitely irrelevant in my case, my belly is much bigger than is healthy. I had this discussion with the nurse at my appointment the other day. She said I was getting a bit thin when she weighed me. I asked where they measure when looking at diabetes risk and she said ‘around the belly button’ to which I replied well mine is over 4″ too big apparently so I can’t be too thin. She didn’t really have an answer to that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.