DECEMBER 2019 CHALLENGE – LAST ONE FOR 2019!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
DECEMBER 2019 CHALLENGE – LAST ONE FOR 2019!

This topic contains 500 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  AT 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 501 total)

• Day 20 UK CD

Today has been all about the dentist ๐Ÿ™ Thank you so much everyone for your kind wishes ๐Ÿ™‚

The tooth I thought was worst will need to have the filling replaced but we ran out of time today in my 3 HOUR appt. The other tooth is vertically cracked and quickly got too painful to examine….Four injections & three different anaesthetics later it’s had a dressing and a temporary repair. If it doesn’t settle down over weekend I go back on Monday afternoon, otherwise back on 3 January and we work our way through the 4 treatment options.

On the bright side, I was very zen about it all. AND like @at I haven’t eaten much bc it’s hard & I really don’t feel like it! Veg soup for supper and now heading to bed – a very easy FD!

@flourbaby I’m now stuck with the image of naked wotsit runs ๐Ÿ˜€ Congrats on doing SO well this month, especially with temptation just a glance away!!!
    @daffodil2020 some days just are those eating days… maybe your body needs some particular carbs for something!
    @ihatelettuce it’s a great WOL for exactly those reasons! Indulge, reset, and onwards!
    @jaifaim nope, not come across ‘doing the dog’!! Hope it’s alovely gentle weekend ๐Ÿ™‚
    @emmataylor thanks for rachel sharp – sounds interesting
    @bellyblast measuring trousers are a great idea. I went to DD’s on my way home today and got soaked. She loaned me a pair of yoga trousers while mine dried – Only after I put them on did she tell me they’re size 10 – and they FIT perfectly!
    @sean281life welcome to the forum!
    @ciren2 enjoy your weekend off – and hope the sun shines on you ๐Ÿ™‚
    @at amazing to squeak a meal out into a 900c CD!

Thinking of our friends down under and the incredibly difficult weather conditions

whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 20 Ohio, US — MFD
    Day 19 — NFD

Ack! The posting monster just ate my post! So here’s a quick recap:

Had to switch the fasting to today, since I had another acupuncture treatment yesterday. Fasting went well.

For those who like Christmas carols here’s the URL to a great rendition of the Wexford Carol by Allison Kraus and Yo-Yo Ma: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxDZjg_Igoc

@michelinme Ouch! Sorry to hear about your dental problems. Hope that everything settles down over the weekend and that your treatment goes the best way possible!

Enjoy the solstice!!!

Day 21 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD
    @ciren2 – coincidentally, I was also re-reading Krista Varady’s book the other day. I was thinking of adopting her maintenance plan – 1000 calories Mon/Wed/Fri. Maybe next year. Then again, what I’m doing now is working, so maybe not. Enjoy your long weekend off!

@emma-taylor – will check out the Rachel Sharp video, thanks.

@missybear – so nice to hear from you!

I was just reading the bizarre story in the UK Mail, of a 770lb ‘relatively healthy’ man, who occupied the space of 4 hospital beds – for 18 months?!! – because there was no ‘appropriate social care space available’. I wonder how much that cost the NHS?!

4 more shopping days til Christmas ๐Ÿ›

Have a good weekend everyone!

Day 21, Emden Germany, NFD

yesterday’s FD didn’t happen but it’s fine, my dress still fits.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 21: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

A lovely extra hour and a half in bed. No work till Tuesday…YAY!
    I need to try and keep my new low weight though. This has been arduously obtained by long, hard days on the deliveries while on an empty stomach. Effectively fasting between about 8.30am and 3.30 or 4pm. Porridge for breakfast, a few squares of 85% chocolate while prepping up the mail and then a (rather massive) coming home from work meal.
    I’ve found the Christmas Pressure really tiring this year…I must have done at least forty of these during my working life….I’m seriously thinking of retiring in September when I reach 67…. but, no promises, yet, as I worry about vegitating and growing fat!
    @emma-taylor: Yes, I think Dr Krista Varady’s book is very informative. She’s a scientist, so has lots of evidence from the trials she’s done on overweight people, going back (I think) to around 2005. I think Dr Mosley found the alternate day fasting too hard though, hence his choice of 5:2 as an easier option with similar benefits. Her book is much more recent though and up to date.
    @funshipfreddie: I will enjoy my weekend off, definitely!

See you later. Have a good day xx

Day 21 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Checking in. We have our Grandaughter for the weekend so there will probably be fun Christmassy things done today. She is a sweet little 3year old whirlwind. I can also feel the Christmas spirit gathering around my waist……oh well,

Enjoy winter solstice (although I hear that’s officially tomorrow this year), but it all gets brighter for us Northerners soon yay!

Day 21 – Cumbria UK – FD

Good morning all,

FD not quite as good as usual yesterday, strayed over my usual 600 to 800 target area, ended up at 1190 which is still under my BMR and the scales were down by a pound this morning. So going to sneak in a FD today AND a decent walk!

The Christmas market jaunt was fun, but paid the price even after just 5 nights, however I’m safe in the knowledge that whatever happens, jump back on the wagon and soon be down again! D-I-L is keen on fitness/diet etc she never worries about having a holiday feast etc, she always says regarding weight ‘quickly on, quickly off’

I must admit, as those who have noticed over the last few months since I joined, it does seem to be the case, so don’t beat yourselves up over Christmas weight gain!
    Don’t go too daft mind, then just jump back on the wagon straight after.

Take care all

Pocket list day 21

I-hate-lettuce

@michelinme: Oh you poor thing….what a nightmare. THREE hours at the dentist for starters….I think I would have had heart-failure just from that without the rest. Good luck and get it sorted out as best you can. What a hero!

Day 21 UK CD

Yesterday’s unexpected FD morphed into Epic Stuffing via a huge bowl of cashews! Slept all morning and baked today all afternoon/evening. But tooth feeling better and body clearly wants to sleep so just going with it.

Seems weird to name today as CD when all i’ve had so far is tasters of mincemeat & cake… but hey. I’ve made some jars of ‘healthier’ mincemeat as presents and to make my own stuff, and a grain-free christmas cake with ground almonds etc. Bit of gentle yoga, quick supper & hair colour then back to bed again.. hoping for 9-10hrs sleep.

Tomorrow is a community Christmas lunch. Planning to make good choices with plenty of vegetables – pretty easy to avoid puddings as almost all have gluten and I know I’ll blow up if I eat them. Aiming to be well-rested and in a good mindset so I can practice the pause.

@ciren2 thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

Wishing strength to today’s fasters, and a peaceful, happy, healthy weekend to all. Whatever the day brings, go gently ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 21 – UK – CD

An early start to the day – left home at 9am and drove to the supermarket to do my bulk shopping – only things left to get is some fresh fruit/salad and vegetables next week and I can get those from our small local shops.

Delivered the Victoria Sponge to my DD’s workplace – apparently it went down well. Took some of the xmas biscottis to my friends’s house then had a light lunch out with another friend. Managed to stick to my CD today again!!!

A Winter Solstice Yoga Class with my regular teacher this evening as a fundraiser for a charity for the homeless – it was well attended and we had mulled apple juice and homemade mini mincepies afterwards – brief catch up on here before bed as feeling rather ๐Ÿ˜ด

@bellyblast – thank you and it sounds like you have a plan to cope over the festive season – good for you
    @sean281life – welcome never too late and we will no doubt have a January challenge to undo the damage of the festive season so stick with us. Yes I love that quote – found it years ago on my 5:2 journey and I stick with it as a reminder to never return where I once was โ˜บ๏ธ
    @ciren2 – definitely feeling heaps better and nearly back to normal now
    @missybear – Great to hear from you and that you are still in maintenance, especially with the very emotional times you have been going through recently – great job ๐Ÿค—
    @michelinme – goodness me – poor you 3hrs in that dentist chair and more to come – hope the temporary work holds over the xmas period ๐Ÿคž
    @matpi – thank you for sharing that link – lovely
    @funshipfreddie – I saw that article too – it is estimated that his care has cost ยฃ250,000 during his six-month stay!!!
    @snowflake56 – good to hear that “the dress” still fits – happy days!!!!
    @ciren2 – such luxury for you to get an extra 1.5hrs in bed……hope you have a fab long weekend x
    @daffodil2010 – Enjoy the time with your 3y.o granddaughter – bet she keeps you on your toes……. BTW Winter solstice 2019 in Northern Hemisphere will be at 04:19 on Sunday, 22 December
    @i-hate-lettuce – I agree with you, in my experience with this WOL when you go back to the basics of 5:2 the weight does come off again so long as you get back on that wagon…..

Five Days to Christmas Day…….and then 6 days to end of this DECEMBER 2019 CHALLENGE โ€“ LAST ONE FOR 2019! Is anyone willing to start us off in the New Year with the January Challenge – lots of people will be signing up no doubt…….

Wherever you are in the world hope you are all having a fab weekend โ€“ โ€œLIFE is not about waiting for the storm to pass, itโ€™s about learning to DANCE in the RAINโ€

Day 21 – FD – Ireland
    Day 22 – NFD

Welcome @sean281life! You have made the best choice ๐Ÿ’ช

I managed a FD day yesterday… canโ€™t quite believe it but very glad…had been feeling very puffed up but actually looked back at the past two Christmas periods on MFP and am at the same weight pretty much before each Christmas Day….. itโ€™s a trend I will try to change next year…. In the 2-3 weeks leading into Christmas I put it all back on…@i-hate-lettuce you are so right though it should be something that easily rectified in the coming weeks…๐Ÿ’ช so trying not to be too annoyed with myself ๐Ÿ™„

Pretty unproductive day otherwise yesterday but am getting up early for my Christmas club spin ๐Ÿšฒ and that will set me right…
    I hope you are all doing ok as we roll into Christmas ๐ŸŽ„
    Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 22 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – CD

So this must be the longest day today in the southern hemisphere? Doesn’t seem to make a huge difference; it’s going dark around 7pm. In the winter it’s light until about 5:30pm.

Busy packing for my Cape Town trip…

Happy S๐ŸŒžnday to everyone

Day 22, Emden Germany, NFD

@at yes, happy days! The dress will fit as long as I stick to 2 FDs weekly, it’s just a habit doing them.

Day 22: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Yes, I forgot….shortest day OVER! Soon we will notice lighter mornings…usually by mid-January. I drive to work at about 6.45am so, right now it’s pitch dark. Anyway…a nice, leisurely first day off yesterday. As usual, my good intentions for a reasonably controlled day, foodwise, came to nothing, but hey!

Day 22 – Cumbria UK – FD

Hope those with dental problems get them sorted, not my favourite place to visit and certainly not the time of year with Christmas and cold weather!

Pretty good FD yesterday, slightly over my normal 6 to 800 FD range again, but got a decent walk in, feeling better already and half of the ‘Christmas market’ weight gain gone already. ‘Quick on, quick off’ as DIL says does seem to be the thing!

Planning for Christmas food and drink wise …. well we have family staying and OH loves to feed them, so going to watch the alcohol and try and limit that for a start! Luckily us guys can manage without sweet stuff (usually) but will not give up Christmas pud or the trifle! Will still be trying to sneak in a couple of FD’s and my usual walks. Just hope the weather dries out a bit, although we haven’t any flooding locally, everything is sodden and I’m always dodging showers!

Welcome to @sean281life hope you manage to get going, once you start, it really does work, the help with motivation on here is brilliant.

Pocket list day 22

@i-hate-lettuce

Day 22, London, UK, NFD,

I’m feeling relatively positive about the next couple of weeks, sticking to the basic 5:2 should mean maintaining my current weight. Of course there won’t be a loss, I’m not crazy after-all!!! Aiming to lose over Xmas would be a lesson in futility for me!!!

@michelinme, just the thought of 3hrs at the dentist has me feeling quesy!!

@i-hate-lettuce …………. I absolutely got the visual of you stamping your feet and screaming …… “but (I) will not give up Christmas pud or the trifle!” ….. “and YOU can’t make me”

Stay strong everyone, silly season has officially commenced, but in reality, that wine, pudding, cream, brandy butter, chocolate, biscuit and lonely unopened bottle of Baileys isn’t the last of it’s species & will still be there AFTER you reach your goal!!! KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!

USA Day 22 FD

Thought I would add myself to our very short pocket list today. I know I won’t be able to post again until after Christmas, so I wish everyone a very happy holidays!

Pocket list day 22

@i-hate-lettuce
    @ccco

Day 22 Canada NFD

Just realized I forgot to post yesterday, the morning routine went out the window)

@flourbaby and @i-hate-lettuce I am feeling positive about holding steady over the holidays as well, but if I gain a little it will be gone when the holidays have ended. Enjoy all that comes is my plan, skipping some meals and not going crazy with portion sizes are my strategies. I am feeling very motivated to reach my goal at the moment so that will help! Glad your tooth is feeling ok @michelinme, resting sounds like it is much needed.

I haven’t drunk wine for the last 2 months and had a glass last night to celebrate being prepared for Christmas. I felt exhausted by the time it was finished and easily pushed the bottle away when a top up was offered. I was planning on enjoying some more over Christmas, we will see how that goes!

Day 22 – UK – CD

Today ended up being another CD, as a side effect of the antibiotics seems to have reduced my appetite, hence after 5 enforced FDs I have continued with 2 x CDs – looking forward to enjoying all the festive treats next week!!
    Feeling really good – must weigh tomorrow morning to see if I have crept back under that 55kg mark๐Ÿคž

A very enjoyable afternoon seeing The Nutcracker with 6 other ballet friends – This was a film of the 2016 version when the Royal Ballet celebrated Peter Wrightโ€™s (Choreographer and director) 90th birthday with his much-loved production of this beautiful classical ballet, danced to Tchaikovskyโ€™s magnificent score. Lauren Cuthbertson as The Sugar Plum Fairy and Federico Bonelli as The Prince with Francesca Hayward as Clara and Alexander Campbell as Hans-Peter/The Nutcracker made for a very special cast – a glass of ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿฅ‚ was enjoyed by all during the interval – Christmas has arrived!!!!!!!

We are a bit quiet here…….
    @jaifaim – well done on that successful FD yesterday
    @funshipfreddie – longest day for you and shortest one for us…….
    @i-hate-lettuce – glad to report that my dental issue are well an truly resolved ๐Ÿคž
    @flourbaby and @bellyblast – keep that positivity going……I am hoping to be of the same mindset as you “skipping some meals and not going crazy with portion sizes are my strategies” for next week
    @ccco – hope you and @i-hate-lettuce have a successful FD today!!

I have found it very useful this month to stay focused on my personal mantra โ€œIf I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am nowโ€

Day 22 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 21 — NFD (59 bites)

The NFDโ€™s have gone well. Another holiday potluck today and lots of socializing, so I lost count of the bites at mid-day. For the potluck I made up an โ€œon-the-spur-of-the-momentโ€ recipe which Iโ€™m calling cranberry cheese bites, because the main ingredients are — guess what? The scales were good this morning with a 6 oz (.2 kg) loss from last week. That puts me almost even with where I was two weeks ago. If I can stay at a level weight for the next week, Iโ€™ll be very happy.

@at That version of the Nutcracker sounds wonderful!

Happy first day of Hanukkah everyone!

Day 23 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

Off to Cape Town today. Will try to post daily for accountability. As yesterday’s CD turned into more of a regular NFD, I thought I’d squeeze in one more FD, seeing as I’m traveling for half a day anyway.

Pocket List – Day 23 ๐Ÿ
    funshipfreddie

Day 23, Emden Germany, FD

Pocket List โ€“ Day 23 ๐Ÿ
    @funshipfreddie
    @snowflake56

Day 23 – Cumbria UK – CD

Yesterdays FD was touch and go, we spent virtually all day preparing food for our family for the next 5 days ….. a few tastes here and there!

@bellyblast -like your strategy for Christmas, think I will be very similar. Having said that, we know once the festivities are over leap back on that wagon!

Remember everyone, when you get on the scales after the festivities, don’t panic, don’t give up, log in, join us all and we’ll soon be back down together!

In case I get very busy with the family and don’t appear for a few days, I hope everyone has a very successful, happy and safe Christmas, big hug from me and my fantastic wife.

Day 23 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Although I thought I could join today’s fasters there is a team lunch today so afraid that’s not going to happen. So I wish you all well today.

Not looking good for any more FD’s for 2019 with the amount of engagements and things going on. I will try to be sensible though (unlike this weekend with its mountain of crisps).

Best christmas wishes everyone ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿค—

Day 23: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Christmas week….challenging for us of us I’d say….@flourbaby: What you say is good….not a time to lose weight but not gaining weight would be very good at this time of year!
    I’m on the last day of my long weekend, then one more day at work tomorrow followed by two days off for Christmas. I have to go back to see the NHS physio today,it’s going to be someone different. Apparently the one I saw last time is on long-term sick leave. I’ve been doing my exercises diligently but the sharp pains continue to get worse, if anything. I still suspect its actually got something to do with my spinal fusion….but they only scanned my pelvis.
    @at: I’m sure someone will step up to host January….as you say it’s (understandably) a bit quiet on here at the moment. It’s not as if it’s an onerous task, anyone who can post daily can write an intro and do it.
    @i-hate-lettuce: You did well….such willpower!

2nd post

Upscaling Christmas!

If anyone needs some ideas of how to serve well known Christmas treats, these videos shows a few of them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZJn0yDtjUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-Snpx5jA38

Day 23, London, UK, NFD,

Iโ€™m out tonight for dinner at a fantastic seafood restaurant, I cannot wait!!!!!

@daffodil2010, I think weโ€™re living parallel lives, I think I was on the South face of that mountain of crisps, whilst you were scaling the North face!!!

Iโ€™m going to try to post daily over the silly season and be honest & truthful about the quantities Iโ€™m consuming, now THAT should keep me on the straight and narrow โ€˜cause let’s face it, nobody wants to record the fact they ate their weight in roast potatoes washed down with a couple of bottles of red!!!!

Weโ€™ve got this folks, itโ€™s just another day โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. eating wise, that is!!!!

Day 23 Melb Aust NFD

Well, most of the indulgent days are over for me, just Christmas dinner to survive, and then I hope it will be down, down, down. Have only gained about 1 kg over the “silly season” so I hope to end December at the same weight as I began it, which will really be a win. Then back to more serious weight loss in January. I always love your saying as a reminder, @at

We can do it!

Just saw the physio. He’s inclined to agree with me about the sharp pains and numb feelings being to do with my back. So, although I do have the badly torn hamstring….that is not causing me any particular pains anymore. It’s the numbness and sharp-knife pains down the leg that are more of a bother. Fortunately it’s only first thing that it’s really bad. He’s going to have a word with the MSKAP person before he sees me again in January. Meanwhile, just to keep on with the hamstring strengthening exercises…
    @betsylee: Just Christmas dinner….no problem!
    My DH tends to go a bit over the top with Christmas food, especially as, this year, we’ll have DD from Melbourne together with her SO (I think is the term, right)? “Special One”? Anyway, he’ll prepare more food than we can eat, I just know it!

Day 23 UK NFD

Been awol due to some horrible Christmas bug , feeling slightly better today so hoping I can get back in the swing of things for Xmas Eve but on a positive note havenโ€™t been overdoing it so scales are looking good

@michelinme Ouch

Day 23 UK ?FD
    Day 22 EFS

Forgot to post yesterday after catching up… ate pretty sensibly at community lunch then blew it with sugar and a heap of cashews! Back to feeling super puffy and thick today – and not enough sleep.

Tooth is holding up thus far – not quite settled down but not too disturbing – so waiting for f/u appt on 3 January. Thank you for good wishes.

I’ve done my food shopping and successfully stayed away from most temptations, and have bought those in small portions so they don’t last past Christmas day! Plus some cheese and crackers to share with visitors along with home-made paleo gf Christmas cake and plenty of fruit!

Congratulations to any who have fasted this month to make room for festivities – staying steady is an achievement, losing weight is epic! Comiserations to all who are struggling with temptation and like me have gained so far this month. For the rest of this week I’m aiming to eat well and enjoy festive treats in moderation – that will be an achievement!

Off to finish laundry, wrap presents and decorate the tree! Lots of project things not yet done, but letting go and taking a break until the New Year. OMAD and an early night, ready to pace myself through a busy Christmas Eve.

Whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 23 USA (Illinois) NFD

Sorry I haven’t posted in a while–caught up in Christmas preps, etc. DH and I had a lovely 5 course dinner at our fave Italian restaurant with their Christmas Show. Musicians all were friends and fellow Thespians. Great time. Now planning our own Christmas dinner (beef fondue and cherries jubilee on the docket). My own Sauce Bearnaise is a specialty for the fondue.

OH! @ciren2 — so sorry you’re dealing with back pain and numbness. Prayers they are able to help you somehow! I always think of SO as “Significant Other” as in boyfriend/girlfriend as your steady/regular.

Onward and downward.

Day 24 Canada NFD
    Beautiful snowy morning here. Iโ€™m off for a ski!
    Have a house full of family who love to eat. Moderation it will be
    @ciren2 hopefully you get to the bottom of your pain
    @at your saying is an awesome reminder for the holidays
    @flourbaby seafood! How yummy

Day 23 – NFD – Ireland
    Up very early for work and left early to drive to my parents…really everyone was winding down anyway… @bellyblast Iโ€™d love to be off for a ski!!! Itโ€™s just rain rain rain here again.,. But will try to get a good walk in in the morning before a family lunch out tomorrow…

Onward and downward

Day 23 Ohio, US — MFD

The fasting went well today. I got a couple of walks in, since it got up to 55 F (12 C). The low temperature was 25 F (-4 C) so thatโ€™s been quite a good temperature swing. I had to get a few staple groceries in and also a few items for Christmas Day. It was pretty close to bedlam at the store. If I run out of any staple in the next few days, I think Iโ€™ll just make do.

@michelinme Good news about the tooth. Hope everything stays pain free til you are able to see the dentist in the new year!

@brightonbelle Hope that your recovery is now really fast and complete!

@ciren2 With any luck everything will get sorted out with your back in short order! A good Christmas dinner with loved ones can help relieve physical stress like nothing else.

Seasonโ€™s best to everyone!

Day 24-26 NFD

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!

Day 24: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Back to work after a lovely long weekend (these come round every six weeks), so one last delivery today before we get two days off…..hopefully then, a nice easy week for me, but you can never tell. It may be that the Royal Mail have been storing up some advertising junk mail to keep us busy in the next week or so….it happens….often! I’m hoping the weather will be OK. I see the ground is wet, but, at the moments it’s not actually raining….but windy.
    I’m hoping DD and her SO (thanks @songbirdme for the accurate translation!) made it back from Paris amid their transport strikes. I have yet to hear. They’ll be with us from lunchtime tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone and a lovely Christmas xx

Day 24 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

I hope this works! I haven’t posted using my phone before. Anything could happen… ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Day 24 – NFD – Ireland
    Up early to do a few bit and bobs for dad. Family lunch out this afternoon with a cliff/beach walk thrown in hopefully.
    I have everything ready now so will enjoy the day With some of the family and looking forward to catching up with my nieces and nephews who are back from abroad/university ๐Ÿ’•
    Good luck to anyone fasting today ๐Ÿ’ชand to those who still have shopping ๐Ÿ› to do!
    Onward and downward

Day 24 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

“It’s Christmas Eve, babe”…. To the tune of Fairytale of New York….la la la la la….”and the bells were ringing out for Christmas Day”….

Now I have that out of my system, wishing you all a great Christmas.

Today I have to work, we are being told it’s a normal work day with 17.30 finish, but some of us are hoping the management will be un-Scrooge-like and let us home early. It’s a new management so we dont know what the precedent is…..๐Ÿค”

And it’s not as if we are essential services, it’s a finance company, everyone else is on holiday!!!!

I am so fed up of feeling bloated. Today I fast until lunch which will give me a 16 hour food free window, then it’s a small homemade oatbran bread sandwich ….and I honestly don’t know about this evening. Part of me REALLY wants to fast, but it’s Christmas Eve after all and DH will want to eat……so I guess today may be a half fast day. I will avoid treats in work and see how tonight goes.

Busy day tomorrow, going to stepdaughter for Christmas breakfast (and to get our hands on our Grandaughter) then it’s back home to traditional turkey Christmas dinner with all the trimmings. Just the two of us this year, but then the following days we have family over so it’s going to be hectic.

Have a lovely Christmas Holiday everyone.

Day 24 – Cumbria UK – NFD

@funshipfreddie the phone post worked, all three of them ……

……. Just kidding, only one!

Well the family (including cat) all arrived safely and there is lots of fun and laughter. OH in her element, fussing and feeding them all, board games around the dining table (when it’s not covered in food) We all sat and laughed through a terrible film in the late evening, it was so corny and dreadful, but we stuck it through to the end! Christmas has well and truly started.

Take care all.

Day 24 Oxfordshire, UK. FD
    Hope all your Xmas prep is going to plan.
    My Saturday (21st) FD didn’t happen but ate mindfullh over the weekend instead.
    Monday’s fd (23rd) was successful and so weight still holding steady. Today I’m aiming for another FD, then we’ll see what Christmas day and boxing day bring.
    Off to collect my mum shortly. She’ll be staying for a few days. She doesn’t quite understand fasting so i have to just eat smaller portions.

Have a lovely Christmas everyone.

Day 24, London, UK, FD

Yes, I’m fasting today!!! Last night’s meal was fantastic, oysters, risotto, cod with a duck ragu, Mmmm, Mmm, Mmmm!!!

Of course there was wine, so today I’m getting a FD in before tomorrows excesses (planned). I’ll need to be careful over the hols as it’s soooo easy to fall back into bad habits, breakfast hasn’t been in my life for years except on a B&B holiday, but just being off of work makes me feel like I need breakfast, I think I need to keep busy, as though it was a work day!!

@i-hate-lettuce, your day sounds fantastic!!! I do love a boardgame!!!

Happy fasting everyone, hold on tight for tomorrow!!!

Day 24 USA (Illinois) NFD

We are waking up to a foggy day! It has us singing “Rudolph” lyrics “Then one foggy Christmas Eve, Santa came to say: ‘Rudolph, with your nose so bright, won’t you guide my sleigh tonight?'” Very seldom do we have foggy winter days here in NW Illinois.

Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate —

Onward and downward.

Day 24 Canada NFD
    Yesterday wasnโ€™t a success as far as control goes.l, oh well…..
    Today is another story!
    Have fun whatever you are doing

Day 24 – UK – CD
    Day 23 – NFD

Happy Christmas Eve to all ๐ŸŽ„

Went to a Broga class with OH this morning, 25 people turned up for it!!!!! Coffee with some of the gang afterwards then home to enjoy a lovely relaxing day with no shopping in sight – So lovely to be sitting at home this afternoon and relaxing away from all the madness……..a Baked Sea Bass with Asian Dressing planned for tonight’s Christmas Eve Dinner and I have a lovely bottle of Grรผner Veltliner chilling in the fridge to go with it ๐Ÿ˜‹

Weight yesterday morning was down to 54.5kg ๐Ÿ’ƒ very happy that I managed to get back under that 55kg mark again, I suspect that will be a brief one until I get back on the wagon in the New Year!!

@funshipfreddie – have a fab time in Cape Town – your phone posting got through ๐Ÿ‘
    @ciren2 – Sorry to hear that your pains continue – do hope today was not too bad at work – thought of you as we have had a drizzly day, nothing too heavy just a grey and slightly damp day….
    @snowflake56 – thank you for sharing those links to Heston’s take on Christmas food ๐Ÿ˜‹
    @flourbaby – I too love seafood – hope your meal was delicious
    @betsylee – I too hope to end December no heavier than I started it ๐Ÿคž We can do this!
    @brightonbelle – sorry to hear that you have been feeling under par but good that you are recovering in time to enjoy tomorrow hopefully ๐Ÿค—
    @michelinme – good to hear that your teeth issues are under control ๐Ÿคž it holds out until you see the dentist in the New Year
    @songbirdme – lovely to hear from you – your evening at your favourite Italian restaurant sounds lovely
    @ Bellyblast – glad it resonates with you too – I’m trying for moderation too…..
    @jaifaim – lots of rain here too….โ˜”๏ธ
    @daffodil2010 – hopefully you managed to get off work a bit early…..

Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.
    โ€œMerry Christmas Eve to all. May all of you and your loved ones have a real Christmas tonight with peace and love.โ€

Hello everyone ๐Ÿ– , I am still alive and kicking, more than few pounds heavier but at last in my new place ๐Ÿ™‚
    It has been a very stressful and long move, with everything going wrong and nothing going easy. But its finally done!
    I couldn’t post or fast all this time because I just felt so overwhelmed.
    But I will start again next month.
    So glad to see you all here, going strong ๐Ÿ’ช
    Just stopping by to wish you all a very Happy Christmas ๐ŸŽ„ โค

Day 24, VA, NFD
    Day 23, CD
    Day 22, NFD
    Day 21, FD

Just a quick check in managed an FD. My CD day was going to be a FD but I was in pain and hungry. Realizing being uncomfortable/pain makes me want to eat – must be something being the feel good hormones to ease the physical pain.

Cheers and have a beautiful holiday:-)

Day 25 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Merry Christmas to you all.

We did get off work early yesterday, and I didn’t feast on rubbish, so I am looking forward to today. Going for a quick dawn walk now, then off to DD for breakfast, then home to start our own Christmas dinner. It will be an EFS but hey, it’s Christmas.

@shinything, so glad to hear from you, missed you here.

See you all on the other side!!!

Day 25 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas!๐ŸŽ„

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 501 total)

You must be logged in to reply.