Day 2 of the rest of my life – Hopefully!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Day 2 of the rest of my life – Hopefully!!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jaynie38 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi all, I am writing from Sheffield, England and am on day 2 of the 5:2. My first fasting day was yesterday – I had psyched myself up for it, read the book first, loved the scientific stuff about all the good things that the 5:2 does for your body and mind – never mind the bonus of weight loss!! I feel as though it might be too good to be true, but am open minded and cannot say anything negative until I have actually done it myself. So on my first 500 cals fasting day I did well – I made an omelette adding chestnut mushrooms, chives, spring onions sliced tomato – I cut it up and put it in my lunch box for breakfast the next day. When I opened it at work, it had turned a muddy grey colour due to the mushrooms, but I didnt mind – I just ate it up – it did actually taste nice, never mind how it looked. I had also purchased some bottles of flavoured sparkling water (5 cals per 250ml) and kept having a drink of this to keep me going at my desk. I had decided that I would not have lunch and that I would have breakfast, but then nothing for lunch and wait for my evening meal. I had a couple of black coffees with sweeteners but I didnt really enjoy that so reverted back to the sparkling water. By mid afternoon I had a terrible headache. I had plenty of liquid so wasnt sure why this was – apparently my work colleagues (nurses) advised it would be due to my caffeine withdrawal so I have decided that on my next fast day I will measure out some skimmed milk (250ml – 36 cals) and use it in my coffees for the day. At tea time due to it being my first ever fast day – I had a 250 cal ready meal and lots of stir fried veg (with 1 spray of 1 cal). I have never enjoyed a meal so much and ate it nice and slowly as the book suggested, savouring every mouthful. AFter adding up my calories I had used approximately 470 cals for the day, but the headache had really spoiled the day – the hunger was not a problem and did not really affect me surprisingly. I had to go to bed at 9pm due to the headache. This morning I woke up feeling very proud that I had got through my first fast day and am strangely looking forward to my next one on Thursday. I think as long as you make it work for you – eg like me having some milk in my coffee – there is more chance it will be easier to do for the rest of my life. Im not sure when I might see some weight loss – I am not really focusing on that at the moment, I am more interested in keeping it up and checking how my clothes actually feel on me. Well done to all of you who have lost so much weight and are really sticking to it. By the way, exercise is definately not my thing, so I may introduce this at a later date – I think my body will go into shock if I introduce it at the moment!! 🙂 PS sorry about the spellings, I am in England:)

Well done Jaynie!! You did it, and you will be pleased to know, it gets easier 🙂

If I can make a couple of suggestions. Steer clear of sweetners. There are probably sweetners or some kind of chemicals in your flavoured water too. I have black coffee on fast days and add a splash of milk on normal days, it’s nice, try it? Have you tried herbal teas, or, I am getting addicted to ginger tea, just a couple of small chunks of fresh ginger in boiling water is lovely! A bit like drinking a ginger nut biscuit. I swear by homemade soup, I make a big pot that lasts us 4 days. We have it for dinner on normal days and for tea, a bit more watered down, on fast days. But as the weather warms up we will be switching to salad.

I know what you mean about exercise. I felt the same. But now I do some running and jumping on the spot before my OH gets up. I count as I go, I used to really struggle to get to 50, now I get to 400 and it gets my heart working, that’s the main thing. But I couldn’t possibly do it with anyone watching.

As you say, whatever works for you. Hi Sheffield, from Spain. Good luck!

Thank you Applepie!! 2nd fasting day tomorrow – Im preparing for it now. I am going to try a different approach – No breakfast – then my tuna salad for lunch and a cod fillet with 100g new potatoes at tea time. I am going to have black coffee drinks with a splash of skimmed milk (counted in my allowance), I have to take the sweetener as I cannot drink it without = YUK!! Just wondering what I could do with the oven baked cod fillet to make it a bit more exciting – without adding any calories ( I only have 4 left to use after totalling the whole day of foods and drinks). This forum is great as you dont feel as though youre the only one going through the hard parts 🙂

Hi Jaynie

Congrats on completing your 2nd day! I’m on day 4 as we speak, and it definitely gets easier!

I too like you suffered terrible headaches, and like you, it was down to lack of caffeine. I just have a black coffee with a sweetener and it soon goes!

I’m 7lbs down so far, crossing my fingers for tomorrow’s weigh in!

Best of luck

M

I have read on other threads people recommending stevia as a natural sweetener. I haven’t tried it as I don’t have a sweet tooth.
    We are hosting a meal tonight for some neighbours. We are doing chilli con carne with rice and bread! The bread will be a real treat as I haven’t bought any since starting this wol. Mucho vino tinto too. Bring it on ☺

Thank you guys for your encouraging words. My 2nd fasting day was Thursday, so I tried a different approach. Instead of having breakfast, I waited as long as possible until I had lunch. I had plenty of coffees in the morning with sweetener and a minimal amount of skimmed milk – then after 1pm I had a lunch of tuna and salad (no dressing) I wasnt even really hungry after a while and felt much better than eating morning and then in the evening. I didnt have a single headache and felt great – it was such a relief. I also sneaked on to the scales this morning and noticed I had lost 2lbs already, since Monday!! Result!! I am trying not to worry too much about what I am doing on the non fasting days (not gorging on cream cakes though or anything like that) – but am being quite strict on the 500 days. On Thursday I even had some of the 500 calories left!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.