Day 1 of 5:2 diet – starting with a fast day

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kathieannie 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi

I am after some ideas and I have a few questions please?

So I have had a banana for breakfast and am on my second cup of black coffee of the day. I am trying to plan what I am going to eat tonight? I am thinking about a Prawn Salad? As I have frozen prawns and a large bag of mixed salad leaves that I want to use up?

Question 1 – Do you have to eat 500 calories or is it ok to eat less?
    Question 2 – Will the salad leaves have calories in them? As I don’t have the packaging?
    Question 3 – What sort of dressing can I use?
    Question 4 – Am I right in thinking that Black coffee counts as Zero Calories?

Thanks

Lisa

Hi Newforestmum

Welcome to the forum, its a mine of useful information and encouragement. Youre doing great and you food planned for today sounds fine.

Q1 You can eat less than 500 calories if you wish, but it is probably a good idea to allow yourself that many on your first fast day and measure it out so you know what 500 calories looks like.
    Q2 I dont count salad leaves as calories, I think if you google it there is a very small number. There are some good calorie counters on line although google does a good job too.
    Q3 I guess you can have whatever dressing you like as long as you measure it and out it as your calorie allowance.
    Q4 Yes Black Coffee is ok and coffee with a little milk in, but if you use lots of milk you can count it in your calorie allowance.
    Good luck and drink plenty of water too!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.