Confused by measurements!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Confused by measurements!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martie 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• I was really looking forward to measuring and weighing myself today because I feel and look better, I’ve even had several compliments where people have said I’m looking trimmer. But when I weighed myself (in the same spot, at the same time, first thing in the morning) and I weigh the same. And my measurements are slightly higher!!

I’ve been doing 5:2 then leaning towards the blood sugar diet on the other days, doing 16:8 then aiming for less than 1000 calories between 1pm and 9pm. I’ve not been able to cut sugar down entirely but am making significant progress (and I had a huge pizza with chips with the kids last night!)

I’ve also been doing some Pilates that a physio taught me, but nothing that I’d expect to increase my measurements (I don’t think?)

But, like I said, I’m just feeling confused as I look and feel better, but the scales and tape measure are telling a different story!??

@martie. “I’ve not been able to cut sugar down entirely but am making significant progress (and I had a huge pizza with chips with the kids last night!)”. Ok Im confused by this statement. What exactly do you consider pizza and chips to be if not a fantastic source of glucose (simple sugars)? On a glycaemic index scale processed white flour (i.e. pizza base) is 100. Potatoes are 120. Both will cause a massive insulin spike which lasts for hours. Under such condition you will not be able to access any stored fats. If your aim is to lose weight then it isn’t going to happen if you eat processed grains, potatoes and other simple carbs.

You say you eat only 1000 cal in an 8 hour window. What exactly do you eat and drink? Every 1 gram of glycogen, the stored from of glucose is associated with 3 grams of stored water as well. You only need 4-5 grams of glucose circulating in your blood. Anything in excess of this must be stored as glycogen. If your glycogen levels are full then it must be stored as fat. That pizza and chips would have sent your insulin response OFF THE CHARTS.

Cut out all processed grain based foods. Bread, breakfast cereals, cakes, biscuits, rice, potatoes etc. No fruit juice, pure crap. No sodas. No sugar. It will be tough for about a month as you detox from sugar.

Hope that helps.

@bigbooty

I hardly ever come here – I think this is the first visit since August – but here you are again putting the boot in to someone.

You’re the main reason I hardly ever come here. You are so unpleasant.

I thought this diet was about not cutting anything out – but you want everyone to live on meat it seems.

Why do you post this kind of thing repeatedly?

Is there no way to block people on this forum so I can stop seeing the same post by you over and over again?

Thanks bigbooty, those 800-1000 calories have been mainly appropriate, but I have made a few significant tweaks in my shopping this week, mainly adding loads of (non-root) veg etc. Sugar wise I’ve been having maybe half a dozen biscuits a day but I’m definitely cutting them out. And yes, I know the pizza was a bad idea, but that only happens about once a month:)

I’m still confused though, because I do look and feel slimmer, but the measurements say otherwise?!

Hi russionbluecoat, to be honest I appreciate bigbooties tough love (did I really just type that line!! :D) approach and I’m sure she (he?!) is only trying to help. That’s the problem with typed txt, it’s so easily misinterpreted, but, to me at least, even if somebody is being shirty with me it says everything about them and nothing about me so I just take what I can out of the exchange and go with it (unless they’re being REALLY shirty of course, in which case I’d just tell them to f**k off!:D)

@martie. Sorry if I came on too strong. If peoples’ diet and 5:2 is working for them all well and good. Most of my replies are directed to posters that say something along the lines of “Ive been doing 5:2 but its not working”. If youre doing 5:2 and its a diet of donuts and ice cream and youre losing weight then all well and good. However Id say that would be the exception rather then the rule. Regards no root vegetables, fantastic, that’s even stricter than me. Regards the biscuits, if 6 is a step down from where your were previously, fantastic. Regards looking slimmer but weighing the same, I cant explain that?? Are you doing a lot of resistance training?

@russianbluecat. My intent is not to put the “boot in”. If that’s the perception then I apologise. If you’ve not cut out any foods and 5:2 is working for you then fantastic. How did you come to the conclusion that I want everyone to eat meat? I eat very little meat, perhaps once per week. Id describe my diet as plant based whole foods, with a little bit of meat and dairy. Cutting out processed carbs does not mean Im advocating anyone to eat a lot of meat? Good luck with your 5:2.

No worries bigbooty, you’ve helped me on a number of occasions and it’s always appreciated 🙂

I guess the stuff the physio has had me doing could be classed as resistance training? Lots of stuff using those elasticy band things and a TRX type thingy, so maybe? Unless my minds been playing tricks with me and people are just being kind?! 😀

No more pizza and biscuits for me because I’m so close to getting somewhere and I’m determined not to let crap like that get in the way:)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.