Combining 5:2 and 16 hour fasts

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Combining 5:2 and 16 hour fasts

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 9 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi, does anyone know if there are further health benefits of doing 5:2 dieta and combining this with 16 hour fasting ad 8 hour feast periods? I am currently doing 500 calories twice a week but my husband is doing 16:8 diet – wehre he eats whatever he wants in 8 hours but we both have low carbs.

I am just hoping there are furhter health benefits and more weight loss doing combined and that i am not cancelling out the health benefits by fasting or restricting too much??

I want to lose 1 stone as quick as possible!

tHansk

I’m doing 5:2 with 600 cals on Monday and Thursday, eaten between 7am and 12noon, which I find works best for me. I don’t do a whole lot of exercising on those two days (except for two hours shoveling snow yesterday) and after three weeks on 5:2 I’m down 9lbs. I’m sure some of that was just initial water weight.

I have a friend who’s doing the 16:8 thing every day, and he prefers to eat between 12noon and 8pm.

I don’t know about the overall health benefits, but we both cycle in a fast group ride on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

I’ve noticed that he has lost endurance and literally can’t keep up with the group on those rides. He says it’s because he’s not riding enough, but I think he may just be dragging because he hasn’t eaten in 13 or 14 hours.

I think 5:2 is a much better idea for me. As the weather gets better and we start riding 200+ miles a week, I don’t want to be cycling with a calorie deficit!

I think you should read the book in order to have a great understanding of the benefits of fasting.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.