Christmas Day and feeling bad about my weight. 10 week challenge – no excuses

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Christmas Day and feeling bad about my weight. 10 week challenge – no excuses

This topic contains 228 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  jellybeanz 8 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 229 total)

• littlepea it has been documented that after days of exercise and no weight loss, discontinuing exercise results in weight loss. Exercise does induce water retention and that can be a lot of weight.

Congratulations on completing your trip and setting your sights for the next time. You to can be fab and fit.

Never think as yourself as a runt. You’re a champ in training.

Hi everyone – I have read your posts and congratulations you are all doing so well.

It was my birthday at the weekend so lots of treats.
    However I don’t drink alcohol so no wasted calories there.

I am feeling low though. I had a fasting blood test on Monday morning, 2 visits to the emergency dentist Monday and Tuesday with the worst toothache imaginable. A phone call from the doctors today requesting I go in to see him as I have high cholesterol. I was also being tested for thyroid and diabetes and don’t know the results until next friday.
    I don’t drink or smoke, I exercise, I’m a stone – stone and half over the weight I like to be. I’m stressed with the divorce and suffer with anxiety and now this.

Weighed on Monday and still no change.
    Any advice or words of wisdom – greatly appreciated. I need to stay positive

Happy belated birthday MrsP! Stress and lack of sleep play havoc with weight loss but hopefully once things settle down the weight will drop quickly. Even without the weight loss I’m sure 5:2 will help with the health issues.

We are thinking of you!

Hi everyone,
    MrsP I hope you enjoyed your birthday and all the treats. It must be hard for you with all those different stressors going on at the same time. I really hope your results from your tests are good, stay positive, But if not so good, then maybe the 5:2 way and losing the extra stone will help improve those results for next time. It may give you extra motivation. Will you be able to talk to your doctor about doing the 5:2 diet when you get your results, or have you discussed it already? I would be interested to hear what he or she says if you don’t mind sharing that info. We will be thinking of you.

I’m going away camping for 4 days for the Australia Day long weekend so will be off line for a few days. It will be hard to stay off the alcohol – like you said MrsM, it is wasted calories – but I’ve packed plenty sugar free lemonades to make shandy so it will look like I am joining in the drinking 🙂 Don’t think i will manage a fast day until I get back but at least I won’t be weighing myself every day 🙂

Look forward to catching up when I get back!

Oh dear, not doing great today. Woke to the news that a second friend died last night, that’s two since Saturday and one at Christmas. Of course, it rattles my own loss last year. So those are the excuses fo comfort eating today instead of fasting. No energy just very sad. Will try again tomorrow. These things keep coming at you, that’s life I suppose. Sorry to be a misery.

Well….not doing so very well. Amazed and how much I miss my husband!! East Africa doesn’t seem to have good communication so can’t Skype! Anyway, decided that, rather than beating myself around, if I don’t feel able to do a fast day, then concentrate on eating within a 10 hour slot, no snacks in between and having pretty healthy meals. That approach has meant that I have lost another 1lb. So, all in all 5 lbs lost since 2nd January. Not overly exciting but as others have said, I do think clothes are a little looser. Continuing my Pump Class three times a week and trying to get out and walk on those days when I don’t have a class. That’s a challenge! Been around freezing and wet and sleeting and horribly miserable.
    Life is not, in my view about being miserable and the trick is to lose a bit of weight without making it feel like a total punishment. Given my latte coffees for Earl Grey with lemon. No calories, so saving at least 100 every time. Working at it!
    Hugs!

My thoughts are with you jellybeanz, sometimes it really seems there is a cascade of friends/family passing away. That is what threw me off last year. It is ok to take time to set yourself right and remember, the 5:2 really is for a healthier you!

Jinty – it is very tough being without your hubby, I went through something similar last summer. Maybe try to use it as incentive for the 5:2 so he can marvel at how fabulous you look when he gets home!

This cold weather doesn’t help either. We just aren’t designed to rush for the comfort of a lettuce leaf when life challenges us! Whereas Nuttella on fruit loaf…………

Weighed today and am the same as last week but could be worse! Won’t measure until the month is up. Got five dinners outt in next two weeks but can still fast in between and be careful on the night/lunch times. I am still in!😉

Jellybeanz and Jinty – sending hugs for your tough situations – these ones are pretty high up that scale. over here, battling away and seemingly getting nowhere. Got on the scales this morning and I seem to have put on weight again, despite eating less and the fast day Thursday and exercising more. Am traveling out of town (on a flight) for work today and have to teach a workshop tomorrow and have so much work on my plate. It’s really hot here and with my hot flushes am being woken every hour or two and the sleep deprivation is really getting to me. I spent Saturday with my elderly parents and things are really bad there and I am worried and anxious about how to cope with them and the workload. I am trying to be onto it and finding it really hard to be. I have decided I need to keep to a fast day today despite traveling. Last time I did 5:2 the kilos had really started to fall off by now but this slow start this time isn’t nice – it’s making me anxious this might never work again and I am stuck with this weight! Will do what you all suggest and put away the scales – will try and do that for two weeks – and just keep to the plan. Sigh!!

Oh dear, they say that stress including lack of sleep isn’t great for weight loss. But, if you’re eating less then science tells us it has to work. Don’t forget that the body is designed to survive so not losing may mean that the body has Sussed it and is trying to keep you alive by hanging on. Can’t do that for long. Don’t lose faith you’ll probably find that at some point soon you will have a good loss from nowhere 🙂

Thanks Jellybeanz! That really helps today. Thanks for being there! I actually seem to recall, now that you put it this way, that last time I was a bit despairing for a while and then it kicked in suddenly. I reckon you might be right re my body clinging on! And yes, basic maths, it has to go eventually, right? So maybe like a watched pot, it won’t boil – so I will act like I don’t even care about the weight loss and not watch it… 🙂

I didn’t lose any this week but I’ll stick at it. I fasted today but I think I had around 600 or a little over rather than 500. 🙄

I am in the airport lounge and came THIS close to quitting on the fast day, as am traveling with a young colleague. But I thought of you guys and have ordered a soy cappucino to keep me going.

Hi – I’m in a hotel room really late at night (nearly midnight) still working on my presentation for tomorrow and I keep walking towards the mini bar and looking at the crisps and peanuts. And then i think of you and walk away. Please, if anyone’s there, stop me now!! 🙂

Hi littlepea

I am new to this forum so I am a complete stranger to you. Even so I have been reading the posts and been very inspired by you all.

Move away from the crisps and peanuts. Nothing tastes as good as pride feels and the temptation will pass.

I hope my post is not too late. Thinking of you and sending you will power…

The truth is, there will always be something, Christmas, birthdays, night with friends, conferences, mini bars, feeling happy, feeling sad etc, etc. Opportunities to make a choice and there is nothing quite like the satisfaction of moving away, going to bed knowing that you didn’t give in (you’ll only feel bad) and stepping on those scales or trying on those jeans and seeing a difference. Make the decision and focus before these situations arise. We all know where we want to be, the strength and change on the journey is equally important. You CAN do it! X

Hello everyone and welcome SP13. I agree with jellybeanz there is always something and we’re not (or at least I’m not) in the game of denying myself everything. Yes don’t give in is one way or, like “normal” people, just have one! ha ha. Planning is definitely helpful and that feeling of control for me is a great benefit of being on the programme. Off for some slim noodles now! x

Welcome SP13 and thank you for the timely post!

jellybeanz – work travel certainly does play havoc with 5:2 (or even work lunches when not travelling)! Wishing you all the best in your presentation, your fasting and safe travels.

Today is my weigh-in day and I am down 3 lbs from 140.5 to 137.5lbs, it’s been a number of years since I was in the 130’s! Yay! I’m still having my coffee with coconut oil, butter & whipping cream every day and I find it fills me up most of the day. I eat dinner with the family but only eat until full and aim for a low cal dinner 3 days a week to stay 4:3.

A small rant if I may – DH and I were out with another couple over the weekend. When my weight loss and only eating when hungry came up our naturally slim female friend mentioned how she has to eat more calories because she works out a LOT and I’m just not hungry because I’m drinking coffee which is an appetite suppressant. Really… I have one cup of coffee a day. I see a number of overweight people drinking coffee but I don’t see Starbucks in the diet business. DH doesn’t understand women (what man does?) so he was oblivious but I found it pretty darn catty of her, especially since she is thin due to genetics and has never been remotely heavy.. Thanks for letting me rant. Happy fasting everyone, keep up the great work!

Thanks everyone for being there! SkinnyMe, it was me traveling for work this time – thanks for your good wishes.

That is really irritating – nobody has the right to tell anyone else how they should lose weight. I used to be skinny and eat anything I wanted like the woman in that couple, even without exercising, and now look at me. Bodies – especially women’s bodies – change. How dare she…

But since being overweight and now knowing what that feels like, I have learned not to talk about weight and the 5:2 with others (unless they are struggling with weight themselves and ask me about it – I had a few people who did when I had success with 5:2). Because it just opens you up to smug people like that thinking they can give you their opinion.

Have my presentation today and then back home and will continue on – will stick to my “watched pot never boils approach” for a while and not look at the scales and just continue on.

How is everyone? I need to hear inspirational progress 🙂

I am back from my work travels. On Monday while traveling I tried to stick to a fast day but became too tricky as I was with a young colleague and it was rude not to eat lunch with her – however I had a very light tofu salad. But at dinner I kind of blew it a bit and had a normal meal (although very healthy). However, on the good side, I didn’t eat till after 1pm which has to be good and I am feeling in myself a bit lighter – I think I can feel a bit of waist returning. This however is not particularly reflected in the scales; I now seem to be what I was prior to this work trip and this is becoming my new benchmark as I continue with a vengeance:

Right now: 138 pounds (62.7 kilos)

I am SO not on target! But if i look at it this way – I am 1 kilo lighter (2.2 pounds) than Christmas day when I was horrified and I can tell I have less fat on me, so maybe we have a bit of muscle conversion going on. And sometimes it takes me a little while to get into a new routine/habits. I refuse to give up – I want to finally see the number 55 kilos on the scales and if it takes me a month longer than I hoped, so be it.

Is 10.15am on fast day for me down here – Thursday. In about 10 hours will be reporting back that i successfully kept to it 🙂

Sorry to be a bit of a lone voice here but I think everyone is asleep during my day 🙂 Just reporting in that it’s 6.20pm on fast day Thursday and I kept to it all day 🙂 Just making some red cabbage coleslaw and chicken nibbles for our dinner. My husband and I just had a post-work drink….of sparkling water!

Am really keen to hear how you are all going… Really hoping to have lost another half a kilo by end of this week.

Morning. Or evening! I am feeling pretty good this week. It’s 7.30am here in London and I have fasted both Monday and Wednesday fairly successfully. Courgetti is definitely my friend. I’m not sure about those zero calorie noodles. They just don’t feel low calorie! Plus they seem to block me a bit if you know what I mean.

In any case I’ve got a bit of a spring in my step and I even ran at the gym on Tuesday which is unusual for me as I find it very difficult. I’ve just had some scrambled eggs, a piece of rye toast and a small amount of salmon and I’m raring to go. Getting the kids up and going to try not to shout at them.

I have not weighed myself but I am comfortably down a notch on my belt and my stomach is much flatter. I also feel a bit brighter in my eyes (which may well be down to enforced avoidance of wine…). Hope everyone else is getting on OK…

Hope I can join you…

Glad to hear you have a spring in your step and that you have gone down a notch on your belt. I weighed myself this morning and losing another 300g made up for a very poor night’s sleep following my second fast day this week. I also fast Mondays and Wednesdays.

(what is a Courgetti?)

This is my third week fasting and it is getting easier but sleep can still be a problem.

Hi SP13. I agree. Sleep after fasting is hard to acquire – I feel a bit hyper. I am not sure if you can access this link but the big fad around my way at the moment is a spiralizer… http://www.tesco.com/direct/dexam-spiralizer-spiral-slicer/529-7563.prd?skuId=529-7563&pageLevel=sku&sc_cmp=ppc_sh-_-sh-_-bg-_-529-7563&gclid=Cj0KEQiAlae1BRCU2qaz2__t9IIBEiQAKRGDVU9nH_da5OA0g7LvxP1XaUbGZDIs4yILotgGuOnO21oaAvd58P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds
    You spiralise any veggies – it works very well with carrots, cucumber, courgettes and for the courgettes I have been using instead of spaghetti. Same colour and similar texture. Plus one courgette looks massive when you’ve “spiralized” it. It’s a great gadget if you can find one. You could have one raw carrot, one raw courgettes, cook some prawns in a bit of tomato and you’d feel very full with minimal impact on your fast day calories.

Thanks MrsM2015. I will have a look at the spiralizer. The prawns, tomato and spiralized carrot and courgette sounds lovely. Better than the homemade soup that I seem to eat for dinner ever time I am on a fast day.

Love the sound of the spiralised vegetables and laughing at the mind trick of one courgette looking enormous!

I have great news this morning – I have lost 900 grams (1.98 pounds). Now at 61.8 kilos. Next goal see the number 60-something on the scales!

(So much for not looking at scales but I’ve been waiting for a sign it’s kicking in…)

Hi Everyone and a very belated Happy Bday, MrsPepperpot. JellyB and Jinty, I’m so sorry for your hard times these days. A belated welcome SP13. Hurray for the 130’s Skinny.

Back from my adventure in the mountains, and I got a good chuckle out of RedDog’s post. When skiing, my brothers did the exact same to me: they raced down the hill and waited until I caught up (breathlessly!) and they were off again before I could even speak. Now they wonder why I don’t ski with them. Actually they’re really good brothers off the slopes!

Littlepea, your posts were my inspiration today. While with my family, I definitely ate more than I should have, including a whole packet of licorice one night. Ooof! Tomorrow at the gym I’ll find out how much damage I did, but I have completed a recovery FD today. It was hard to get back to the straight and narrow, but you showed me the way! Thanks for that.

Oh and SP, if you don’t want to spend the money or have the counter space for a spiralizer, you can sort get the same courgetti effect with a julienne peeler, just that the strips will be shorter.

We’re about at the halfway mark of the 10 week challenge. Let’s all try to finish strong! ST55

God, I am glad I have inspired someone today as am having a bit of a day of feeling a bit down – the lack of sleep with menopause symptoms is making me emotional and I had a tough work situation this morning of being undermined and devalued that made me feel sad. It is screamingly hot here in Auckland, NZ and so I just took myself down for a post-work swim and it was really nice just floating around by myself being a bit introspective but I was feeling a bit lonely or something. Not sure why.

Goodness, is this the halfway mark?! I am going to go back and see what my original goal was for 10 weeks. I fear I am a long way off, but hey, who knows!

That sounds like a lovely swim littlepea, is winter here so I am jealous! You inspire us all and congrats on the 900g loss!!!

After Christmas is such a stressful time of year and some of you are going through even more stress – I think we are all doing amazing sticking with it. I finally broke through a plateau! (ToM also started so that explains plateau)

Wow! Half way through the 10 weeks, time flies. I have to go back and review my goal as well, as I recall MrsP created a great 10 week chart I will have to go back and find.

Happy fasting everyone and hopefully it is getting easier now that all of the Christmas baking is gone!

Thanks SkinnyMe – yikes, I just went back to my original goals (I can’t sleep btw, so awake and online at 3am 🙁 ) and i wanted to be 60 kilos by end of January and 58 by mid Feb, then 57 by the end of the 10 weeks. I’m not going to make it but I am going to keep moving forward.

littlepea if 5:2 may not be fancy, pricey or fast but it works. If you do the basics and adhere to 5:2 as it is written two fasts each week of 36 hours no more than 1/4 of your TDEE on FAST days and stay within your TDEE the other FEED days. You will lose weight. The formula is always the same take in less than you expend and you will lose.

Make sure to recalculate your TDEE as you loose weight. Even 2 lbs a recalculation can make a difference.

5:2 isn’t a sprint to any finish. 5:2 is a pattern of eating for life. You can do this! Keep on keeping on and you will get to where you want to be. It may take longer than you’d like but you will get there.

HI All,
    Sorry to hear that some of you are having tough times – sending virtual hugs to you and wishing there was more I could do.

Regarding the diet, It’s good to hear of peoples progress – even if we aren’t meeting the targets we set ourselves. I’ve been away camping then away for work for a few days so have been offline for a week. Also, I didn’t have the chance to weigh myself everyday and had lots of food and some alcohol although I managed not to have too much. So my loss of 100g is better than putting on weight which I was sure I would have done. I had a dream one night that I put on 20k during the week so it was a relief that it wasn’t true 🙂 It must have been weighing on my mind (pardon the pun). However for the first time since starting, I am behind with my target of an average of 0.5 k a week so will have to try harder this week. I really need to do more exercise but it’s so hot it’s difficult.
    Hope you all enjoy your weekends,
    RD

Hi QuietOne – thanks for that. You are right; it’s just a formula and it’s basic maths – and I know all about this because it’s how I lost 7 kilos just over a year ago. Slow steady progress, keeping to the formula and when I missed the odd fast day because of circumstances it didn’t matter because eventually I got there.

And good point about adjusting the TDEE. Actually last time I didn’t even think about TDEE on my non-fast days – I just ate what my body wanted and was naturally eating less because of the fasting. I’m not an obsessive calorie counter by nature; I listen to my body. And I still lost a 1 lb a week back then , even when I sometimes had fish and chips etc.

So that’s why I am kind of forgetting about the date targets now, as I am not a sprint person, I am a marathon person.. Basically I will just keep going but will have in my mind (as I did last time) the next milestone I want to reach. For now it’s seeing the number 60 (kilos) on the scales, and then when I reach that I will be excited to see the number 59.

So my “10 week challenge” is no longer about some insane target within the 10 weeks but by the end of the 10 weeks to be well into my 5:2 lifestyle again. So far so good, because aside from the cycle trip and the one-off day while traveling, I am very much into the fasting pattern and noticing a difference in how I look and feel already.

Hey Littlepea, it’s a great plan to revisit goals and keep focussed on what’s really important to you. Everyone is different, so whatever works for you. We’re all just here as each other’s cheerleading team!

RedDog, don’t beat yourself up, and I’m glad you woke up from that nightmare! It sounds like your trend is in the right direction, so congratulate yourself for that. Then as Quiet1 says, keep on keeping on.

SkinnyMe you certainly had a good month, getting back in to the 130s. Woo Hoo for Yoooou! Well done.
    MrsM and SP13, you too. Take all the progress you’ve already made, and use that as a platform for tomorrow’s successes.

Today is my last January fast, and its actually been quite hard. I did a couple of extra fasts the month because of wayward decisions I made while traveling. Whatever the scale says tomorrow is going to be fine. It will be my Feb starting point for my continued path toward my goals. ST55

Hi All,

Hope your weekend went well – it’s Monday morning here and very hot and humid even before 8 am!
    I got back on track with a proper fast day yesterday instead of just cutting down generally as I have over the last week or so with all the travelling and socialising. I did find it hard and I think I may have gone over 500 cals as I had to grab a handful of pistachios mid afternoon but overall did OK and a step in the right direction to get me off this plateau. My lack of sleep over the last week caught up on me and I had an early night so that helped 🙂 I made a big bowl of my favourite salad – carrot, celery, apple and a bit of cheddar cheese and some raw onion, salt and pepper all chopped up small in the food processor (or grated). On a non-fast day I add some salad dressing, mayo or caesar dressing but it’s nice without anything. I had a small bowl for lunch and have loads left over for today. I’m not a big salad eater as I don’t like tomato or cucumber, but I can eat loads of this one. I’ll try a consecutive fast day today and see if that kick starts the weight loss.
    Good luck this week everyone.

That salad sounds delicious RedDog! Weighed in at 136.5 this morning so down 1 lb this week. Fasting today, only 100 cals so far, so should be Ok to stay under 500 today. Happy fasting everyone!

You are inspiring me as I pass 2pm on my fast day. No food so far, just water and one cup of black coffee. Feels like January has been a stumbly start for me on so many levels. But there have been a lot of other great things achieved in January. I am fast realising I have a hell of a challenge just sustaining my life and business this year with menopause symptoms and sleep deprivation from hot flushes. Either the 5:2 will be harder OR it will help with the symptoms – one or the other or both. I’ve realised that this year everything might take twice as long as it has in the past but that’s OK. The salad idea is great RedDog!

Oh, and yesterday I re-joined the gym I used to belong to because it has 1. a set of beautiful Olympic sized pools and I want to get swimming again, 2. I can use the cycles to train for more epic cycling trips and move from Runt to Grunt and 3. Zumba classes – I used to dance so this will be a good one for me. And yoga/pilates.

Just been to final of 6 months of physio for my broken arm (I broke my arm in June last year) and it’s reminded me to go easy on myself – I’ve travelled one hell of a journey!

Me again – just reporting in that I completed fast day without a hitch – only one meal, which was a chicken salad with avocado and alfalfa/pea sprouts for dinner, and I also had a swim (in the sea – is hot here) at the end of the day. Don’t laugh but 2 small indicators:

1. I wore my board shorts down to the beach – on Boxing Day they wouldn’t do up at all; I couldn’t put them on and wear them because the clasp wouldn’t reach and I was so down on myself. Well today I was able to put them on and do them up and wear them – they were tight around the waist though. These shorts are going to be my measure, because when I got down to 57 kilos last year it was so lovely to wear them with the waist nice and loose fitting.

2. My husband looked at me and said “I can see the 5:2 working; you have less fat around your middle and your face”.

Yay – maybe some of that fat has turned into muscle from being more active and now I might start to see the scales drop. Anyway, it doesn’t matter because I’m sticking to 5:2 anyway.

That’s fantastic – well done littlepea. Great news.
    I’m a late arriver in the group so I am a little behind. I am though starting to notice that my clothes fit just slightly better (3½ weeks in) even though the weight decline is very slow.

I miscalculated my lunch yesterday so had no evening meal. I still managed the fast day without any discomfort. They are certainly getting easier.

Another strange side effect is that my winter gloom (I live in Denmark so it’s very dark in the winter compared to where I originally come from in the south of England) seems to be lifting. I don’t know whether it’s just a coincidence – and I don’t really care. For the first time since moving here nearly 20 years ago, I don’t feel the winter blues. Strange… and lovely.

SP13 and littlepea well done! You guys are such an inspiration. I fell off the wagon a bit over the past few days in a very typical “I think I can do it, it’s made a bit of a difference so I don’t need to be so strict” kind of a way. This is extremely typical of me and I get so cross with myself. I didn’t fast yesterday as my son was off sick and I was so stressed with work that I ate my way out of it. Today I’ll fast and head to bed early to get back on track. Keep posting everyone, these posts are the policing that I need to stay with the programme.

Mrs Pepperpot, sending you positive thoughts. I hope all was OK with the blood test and that you are staying sane.

Well done everyone – yes I also met a friend yesterday who hadn’t seen me for a while and she noticed that my face was thinner which gave me a huge boost. You may remember from the start of this thread that I had been doing the 5:2 for a bit longer without joining the forum so didn’t just start for the 10 week challenge. However I hope to get to my first target of a healthy BMI during the 10 weeks.

My plateau seems to have shifted after a two day consecutive fast followed by a normal eating day yesterday and my weekly weigh in is tomorrow. But I have had to adjust some of my clothes, taking them in at the waist which feels great!

Also, like Mrs M, I hope you are doing OK Mrs Pepperpot – We haven’t seen you on this thread for a while – I don’t read the other threads so don’t know if you post on there but would love to hear how you are doing either way, good or not so good.

I get it MrsM – just get back on track though – even if 2 steps forward and 1 back (which has been my January journey) we will move forward. I am also an “eat my way out of stress” and “maybe I don’t need to be so strict” type of person so I understand – re the latter… give me an inch and I’ll take a mile with anything that requires self discipline. I have to either be all in 180% committed it seems, or not at all. This is why the eating nothing all day approach until dinner seems to be better for me, i.e. don’t even START eating.

Great to hear some positive progress RedDog! It’s inspiring me.

OK is Thursday here and doing second fast day of the week and a bit hard today! Just surpassed midday and want to eat but WILL NOT as imagine how great I will feel when tomorrow I know I have done two fast days really well.

Off to kitchen to get a sparkling water with lime juice…next milestone 3pm!

Hi All, Looks like everyone is well into February plans. It’s getting toward the end of my second fast day, and I’m grateful for that. I’m having to fight a bit harder to stay on the straight and narrow path. SP13, like you I notice that evenings are starting to get lighter. I had a mad dash to the bank at 5 yesterday and it’s no longer pitch black.

Well done RedDog and Skinny for getting through your plateaus. And Skinny, you’re getting mighty close to the mid-130s. Hurray! Oh, and thanks for that salad recipe RedDog. I’ll try that one soon – always looking for variety on FD menus.

Littlepea, I can relate to your tales. I had a terrible time – if I kept to 1 cup of coffee in the morning and 1 glass of wine with dinner, I could sleep for about 6 hours. My sleep is still erratic, but it’s not the hot/cold/hot/cold thing all night long. And you’re right, exercise definitely seemed to help.

Come on MrsM, and everyone else…it is early in Feb still. There’s time to make this month count! ST55

Thanks SweetTooth, that’s a bit of hope for me on the sleep front. Last night I went to bed later and it was a bit cooler anyway and I had about 6 hours sleep with only two short times being woken up and even that feels amazing! This is a person who always went to sleep at 9.30pm, woke up at 6.30am and slept like a log.

Is 11pm and made it through another fast day – that’s two for this week (tick) before a holiday weekend hits us. Proud. And looking forward to breakfast! Good luck for tomorrow everyone!

Congrats on the fast day littlepea. I have been having a little too much socializing and junk food which has resulted in a 3 lb gain in the scales. I’m quite sure I haven’t eaten over 10,000 calories in the past 3 days and the gain is probably mostly water but still feels disheartening.

Trying to remember that these things can happen on this WOE and not get too frustrated. Will try to fast on Sunday and get close to my 136.5 weigh in from last week on this Monday. Given what this week has been like – I’ll be happy not to gain weight.

C’mon SkinnyMe, I’m routing for you! Scales go up and down more than your true weight does, and you know that. I can just picture 135 for you! The week is almost over, so this is a chance to gather together your will and strength. You know if you do all the right things, the numbers will ultimately follow. Stay with it! ST55

Well done all of you on this quest, keep going. I have now lost 8lb since 4th Jan so not doing too bad but could do better. (Sounds like my old school reports 🙂

I think the best thing I have done is give up the evening wine, don’t miss it now although I have had the odd g n t. Keep motivated peeps. X

I have fallen off the wagon as they say, scrambled back on and doing okay and then developed a horrid chest infection. Felt grim and hunted food!! Fortunately not sweet stuff although I did bake fairy cakes and ate one!! The rest went to the birds when I realised what a temptation they were. So, feeling much better and, while I haven’t had fast days, I have been sticking to poached eggs and spinach for breakfast, home made soup for lunch and spinach salad and chicken for dinner. No snacks as such but really wanted something sweet so had a date! Kinda anxious about getting in the scales on Monday but determined not to beat myself around whatever the result. Managed to avoid the temptation to weigh myself before my usual Monday weigh in. We’ll see.

Hi all,
    I fell off the wagon too this weekend and had a load of carbs starting with crisps and popcorn and beer on Friday night, then yesterday friends came round at lunch time with hot cross buns and cake. I ate loads of hot cross bun and I also made bread to have with cheese but ended up eating loads of bread on its own. What was surprising was that I never felt full at all and kept nibbling all day unlike when I stick to lower carb food. Then I was hit by an amazing tiredness and went to bed early instead of going to the cinema and stayed in bed for 12 hours!!! Unheard of for me. I really believe that it was all the carbs I ate after cutting them down for so long. Veg curry and cauli rice tonight and back to the 5:2 tomorrow and will try to fast on Mon and Tue.
    Well done jellybeanz on the 8 lb, and good luck with the weigh in tomorrow Jinty, Hope you had a happy Waitangi day Littlepea and enjoy the holiday tomorrow – don’t be throwing anything naughty at any one 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply.