Christmas Day and feeling bad about my weight. 10 week challenge – no excuses

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Christmas Day and feeling bad about my weight. 10 week challenge – no excuses

This topic contains 228 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  jellybeanz 8 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 229 total)

• Hey Everybody!

Well, last week was hit and miss. It seems I’m trying to get used to it. It has made me want to restrict every day…and then toward the end of the week I think I overate..<shrug>.

The scales showed a 6 lb drop (started Dec 30th) and then the next day went up 3 lbs and has stayed there…So idk, maybe a net 3 lb loss?

I think I am going to simplify things and simply water fast on Mondays and Thursdays…and do low carb eating the rest of the days. We shall see!

OK Jinty, no wonder and look, I fell off the wagon without what you are going through and in summer! So just get right back on there with me and Jellybeanz and MrsM and SkinnyMe – there’s another seat up here and I’m hauling you up!

I do NOT have the exciting news to report of being under 137 pounds – I seem stuck at that point it seems! Like the fat is clinging on for dear life going “nooooooo”. But I’m going to win over it. Another fast day today so maybe tomorrow??

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone by the way.

MrsM, welcome – I am so much like you in that I am a self sabotager. As soon as everyone said I looked great and I got the great scores that took me out of pre diabetic and into normal range, what did I do? Make excuses to eat again. I have the trifecta going on – self sabotage, comfort eating and over empathetic so put others’ needs first (e.g. “well, I have to help my parents today and they’ll want to have lunch so therefore I can’t do a fast day” type thing…). So I am trying to be hyper aware of these things.

On the good news front, I got up and did a 3km run/walk (still building up my fitness again) and have just past my first milestone of today’s fast – 9am!!!

Thanks for being there everyone.

Hi everyone.
    It is so encouraging reading your posts.

I am sorry for those going through difficult times.

I am going through a horrible divorce after 25 years of marriage to a controlling and jealous man. I thought that it would all have been resolved in 2015 but it wasn’t and I am going through the courts now. It has been a very stressful roller coaster ride.

I know that my weight gain is to do with comfort eating and medication for anxiety. But it is something I need to take control of. It’s making me feel bad about myself.
    But I have to be honest it’s a struggle. I have done two strict fast days this week and one not so strict. 2 gym sessions and 1 spin class. I will weigh in the morning but a sneaky look earlier showed no loss 😩😢

Hang in there Mrs Pepperpot – I reckon our weight is clinging to us by the fingernails and any day now will lose its grip and start to fall off. I’ve been having strong hunger pangs but have ‘filled up’ with a sparkling water with fresh lime juice in it.The way I look at it – it’s basic maths that the weight has to start going eventually.

So sorry to hear of your situation – my first husband was emotionally abusive and controlling and I was lucky that after 7 years of marriage he had an affair and became besotted with/focused on someone else and I was able to make my escape. It is so wonderful when you finally get away from someone controlling. Stay safe and strong. My 2nd husband came along about a decade later and was well worth the wait. Any hint of control from anyone in my life now makes my hackles rise. I wish you much strength.

(As a more lighthearted aside I actually nearly published this with “My 2nd husband came along about a decade later and was well worth the weight”. Ha – freudian slip.)

Weigh in #1
    Starting weight (last Monday): 151 lbs
    This morning: 143 lbs

Excited to see an 8 lb loss! I did a fast day yesterday and was probably still finishing up ‘de-carbing’ this week so some of this loss will be water weight and I’ll remember that when I have a smaller result next week. My body has seen this weight before (pretty much every Spring) so I think it just remembers and is saying “oh, we’re doing this again”

I’ll be really happy when I get into the 130’s. I haven’t seen that weight in several years, 141-142 is usually where I plateau. The big thing I’m doing this week is only eating when actually hungry and assessing after every few bites if I’m actually still hungry (regardless if there is still food on my plate). I have discovered a lot of my eating is really out of habit.

Happy fasting everyone and remember the best thing about 5:2 is you choose your fasting days and if you fall of the wagon just get up and fast the next day instead, no harm – no foul – no guilt! We can do this!

Wow. Congratulations SkinnyMe45. That’s a great start. Keep it up. I am fasting today and have had 2 coffees and a tea so far. Not hungry. I can’t remember who said it but I’m watching the original Horizon documentary for inspiration. There is a 5:2 podcast which I listened to last year that’s worth a listen if you get a chance.

I have exciting news to report! I met my first goal! Since starting our challenge I have lost 4.4 pounds and today I am 135.6 pounds (61.5 kilos) which was my first incremental goal – I wanted to have met this goal before I left for the rail trail holiday tomorrow. Woot – I feel so thrilled because now I am reminded this works!! I stuck to my fast day yesterday. Will try not to eat like a horse today – I do not want to destroy this good work. Thanks everyone – you are all a part of my success and hopefully that helps show that the weight does budge!!

Awesome littlepea, under 137 with lots of room to spare! Congrats on crushing that goal!!

MrsM2015 – that’s great to make it through an extended time with only coffee / tea! I’ve found I’m in the habit of not eating in the morning now and do it on my non-fasting days as well. Helps keep the calories down and helps me not feel so restricted on fasting days (all mornings start the same regardless of fasting days).

Monday 4th January. 9 st 13
    Monday 11th January. 9 st 13 stayed the same
    Monday 18th January
    Monday 25th January
    Monday 1st February
    Monday 8th February
    Monday 15th February
    Monday 22nd February
    Monday 29th February
    Monday 7th March
    Monday 14th March

My mini goals are to lose 8 pounds by 1st Feb
    Another 8 pounds by end of Feb
    And 4pounds by 14th March
    20 pounds in 10 weeks

Hi again everyone,glad to hear you’re doing well.

Well done MrsP – even though your weight stayed the same, the exercise will have done you good and could be the reason you haven’t lost, as you are slowly replacing fat with muscle. Yes it’s good to get back in control after you have been through so much already and you still have tough times ahead. So don’t feel bad about yourself – feel good that you are sorting out your life, doing Gym sessions and spin. I’ve never done Spin myself – it looks pretty tough so well done and try to think positively about your achievements!

My weight has crept up a bit this week so far after my breadfest at the weekend. Hopefully, Fast days yesterday and today will push it back down before my official weekly weigh in on Thurs. But, as I mentioned before, I’ve been doing this since October and have lost 8 kilos so far, slow and steady. This morning I was taking in two pairs of trousers at the waist as they are falling down my hips and so they are trailing on the floor. I’ve thrown a couple of pairs out and once I’ve reached my target, I’ll get some new ones.
    Keep going everyone!
    RD

Annette52 thank you for wise and insightful advice. You are absolutely right about scales so, as I recommence 5:2 after a six month break, I will use all the measurements plus the way my clothes fit, not just my weight, as a measure of success and as a motivator. Here’s to a leaner 2016!

Well done everyone! This group is so motivating! Yes, Mrs Pepperpot do measure with clothing as well as my measurement. I find things can vary depending on time of the month.

I will actually write down weight and goals in the hope that it might help me stick to it.
    Tuesday 5 Jan – 10 stone 10lbs
    Monday 11 Jan – 10 stone 7.5lbs

First goal to get to 10 stone by 31 Jan
    Second goal to get to 9 stone 7lbs by 14 March

I think my ideal weight is around 9 stone 4lbs. We’ll see how I feel when I get near there.

I’m really busy with work and young kids so not much time to exercise but I am getting to my 10,000 steps per day which is at least a start at movement.

Next fasting day is from 2pm on Wednesday until 2pm Thursday when I will do a liquid only fast to fit in with week’s commitments.

And I can’t remember who said fresh lime juice in fizzy water but it is absolutely delicious – thank you for the excellent tip.

It was me who mentioned the sparkling water and lime juice 🙂 Glad you are finding it a good idea!!

I’m off on the Rail Trail cycling trip and my goal is to come back at the same weight or less and not make eating a focus as I usually do on travels. I read all your wonderful posts again last night and they are really inspiring me. I love all the mind games and techniques! Go well everyone – look forward to catching up on your progress in a few days!

Hi Everybody,

Looks like we’ve had a whole range of early results. SkinnyMe I think you have the record so far. Your results are awesome – congratulations! Lia_9, MrsM2015 and littlepea, you’re making great progress toward your goals too. Congratulations to you as well!

MrsM, your Jan month-end goal looks really aggressive: another 7 pounds in 20 days? That’s a really high goal. Good for you for having an ambitious plan.

Jinty18 and MrsPepperpot, keep the faith. Both of you are in difficult situations, so it’s not a surprise that this isn’t going easily for you. Jinty, winter in Scotland by yourself has to be quite a challenge with the short days and overcast. MrsP please don’t get discouraged. I can’t even begin to imagine how hard your days are right now, but you’ve done 3 fast days and 3 good workouts, and that deserves a good nod too! I hope you can focus on what you are doing right. Please don’t give up, you two.

RedDog, I’ll go shopping with you in a couple of months, never mind we’re on opposite sides of the planet! My jeans are baggy from last fall’s fasting, but only one size smaller. I’m waiting until I get closer to my long-term 2-size goal for new ones. That is, if I get there. I had a good fast day yesterday, but a great big fat lunch today that I’m already regretting. Bleh! Tomorrow’s fast day might start with a low cal dinner salad tonight, and I’ll be sure to get to the pool early tomorrow.

Littlepea, have a great time on the Otago trail and please report back. Biking that is on my “someday” list.

Just remember folks, we’re all in this for the long haul. It’s only January 12th (ok, 13th in some places!) so have faith that things will work out in the coming weeks and months. ST55

HI everyone,

My weigh in morning today – Thursday and I only lost 0.1 kilos, but I have been exercising more, and clothes getting looser so I’m not discouraged. As SweetTooth said we are in for the long haul. I am 2 kilos off my first goal of getting back to 62 kilos and that will be 10 kilo loss in total. 62 Kilos would put me back in the healthy BMI and was also the weight i was when I first moved to Australia ten years ago. My goal after that would be to be in the middle of the healthy BMI range.

Thanks for sharing your tips everyone. I didn’t have any limes so tried the sparkling water with lemon and it was really nice – we have to drink loads here as it’s so hot and humid at the moment and although I drink lots of water, it gets boring. It’s so hot that I can’t walk quickly with my dog, just a leisurely stroll, followed by a proper run on the treadmill later with the air-con on full.
    The Otago trail sounds wonderful. I watched A Walk in the Woods about Bill Bryson the other night and it inspired me to look into doing a walking holiday but as my partner is a keen cyclist, maybe we should look into a cycling holiday. He has also been doing well with the exercise and diet.

I discovered Konjac rice and noodles this week. Has anyone else tried them? They are a bit weird but very low carb and low calorie and bulk up a meal instead of ordinary rice or noodles. The texture is different but OK but they don’t taste of anything so are a bit bland. You have to mix them up with the sauce. But they did make me and my partner feel full for longer than courgetti spaghetti or cauliflower rice does – both of which we really enjoy too. The Konjac rice and noodles are of course more expensive than real rice or pasta but I recommend giving them a try – after all we are all saving money on food and snacks already aren’t we 🙂

Hope everyone is doing well this week,
    RD

2 fast days down and 1 to go – probably Sunday for the Monday weigh in. I’ve heard about the shiratake noodles & rice (probably along the lines of Konjac) but they don’t have them in our grocery stores yet. Hopefully they’ll get them in soon – they sound interesting!

Exciting times with clothes fitting better for us all. Happy fasting everyone!

Hi all, hope you’re all doing well,

SkinnyMe45, yes the shiratake are the same as the Konjac I think. You may be able to find them if you have a Chinese/Oriental grocery store nearby. I first found them there with the Japanese foods rather than the other noodles, but here in Aus, I found that our main supermarkets also sell them in the Health food aisle, not with the other pasta or noodles. The rice type are nice mixed with a couple of spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt to bulk it up as as a quite filling rice pudding. Not the same as the real thing, but interesting!

Also,my neighbour gave me loads of limes so I had sparkling water and lime last night which was lovely.

SweetTooth – would love to go shopping with you! I have some jeans in the wardrobe from when I was 62 kg so waiting til I reach that goal to try then on again although we don’t wear jeans in the summer here – far too hot 🙂 Do we all have favourite jeans or dresses in the cupboards waiting to be loved again?

I forgot to mention but last weekend after all the lovely bread I had, I did feel very bloated and gassy (TMI?). I can’t think of anything else I ate that would make me feel like that. I’m not prepared to give bread up completely but I was surprised by that. I will see if it happens again next time I have a lot of bread, which I probably will this weekend too.

Stay strong everyone!
    RD

Hi All,

Just checking in. Was hoping to see posts from MrsP and Jinty – hope you two are hanging in there. Good to hear from you MrsM, SkinnyMe and RedDog.

RedDog I love infused waters, so if you’re adventurous, you might try some of my favorites: lemon slices and fresh mint, mango and fresh ginger slices, apple and fresh ginger, pineapple and sliced cherries. Using fruit rather than juice means you let them steep for a couple of hours. A muddler doesn’t hurt either!

I had to check out courgetti and cauliflower rice. Sounds easy and delicious. I particularly want to try the spaghetti substitute. One courgette per serving works perfectly. Thanks for that note, Red.

My pattern of fasting means that I’m constantly managing leftovers, trying to avoid food spoilage or waste, and fighting food-boredom. I love soup and try to make half a pot, but always seem to end up with 4 servings. I end up eating one, saving the 2nd for another day, and freezing 2 for later. Likewise, a small cottage cheese container and a head of lettuce are 4 servings, a grapefruit is 2. If I eat those same foods on NFDs, then I feel like I never have a day off. So I don’t, but then I end up eating the same meals on several FDs and that’s a struggle too! Anyway, if I get through the weight loss portion of my plan, there will be fewer FDs and then the menu will start to have more variety. So that’s an incentive, isn’t it?

We’re half way through January now, so 2 weeks down on Dry January and 2 to go!

Hope everyone’s doing well.

Weigh in day for me and disappointed that I have only los 1lb since last Saturday on 4:3 but not exercising due to back and I have lost 5lb in two weeks and do “feel” lighter so not all negative. Not measuring until a month in. Keeping going not easy in this freezing weather when nature tells you to eat. I think it’s tougher in winter as we are designed to hold onto fat to survive. Well done fasters keep going.

Sorry haven’t been posting but been selling a relative’s house and it’s just been crazy here.
    However, lost 4lbs since 2nd January and so I am pretty pleased with that given the nonsense way that I have been eating on and off.
    Was watching some of the ‘Trust me I’m a doctor’ series and have decided to also stick with eating within an 8 hour period in my non fast days. It hasn’t been hard and in fact I have found that I have almost cut out a meal. Circumstances have meant that if I don’t eat early, I tend to have to wait till around lunchtime before I have my first meal. Even if there is no great weight loss…..feeling good on it.

Sweet tooth you are well into sorting out your menus. I have gone for the easy option with soup and salad being the mainstays with smoked salmon and tuna as the protein.

Keep it up people, we can do this!

Keep the faith jellybeanz – you are doing great!

Good job Jinty18, glad to hear you’ve been able to stick with it and lose 4 lbs even through stressful times.

Made I through my fast day so far and reading the boards for encouragement not to go eat oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! Weigh in day is tomorrow for me.

Hi All, good to hear that we are having some success stories! For those of you we haven’t heard from for a bit, I hope all is going well for you too. If not, let us know too and hopefully we can support and motivate each other.

I have given in to my bread cravings again today and had lots of sourdough with cheese for lunch, but I decided it wasn’t going to be a fast day and no food is forbidden so I enjoyed it very much! My weight loss has slowed but no increases so I’m happy with that for the time being.

Hmmm.
    Weighed in this morning at 10st 6.5lbs so I’ve lost 1 lb since last week. I was good on the Fast days but on the other days my eating was fairly erratic so my learning is that I need to get better at planning. As an example of my ridiculous eating, I spent 4 hours walking around the Lumiere installations in London last night with a friend. Walked 10K. I skipped dinner and could well have not eaten when I got back however I sat up, had a very large glass of red wine and a bowl of bombay mix. Honestly, why????? I’m not beating myself up too much because I am also doing this for the health benefits of lower blood sugar and the potential impact on the brain (we have alzheimers in our family) and I do feel like I’ve started to train myself to be eating less and I have at least had 2 days off the wine this week (could have been 3 if I’d concentrated yesterday).

However, as you all kindly say each time, it’s a new way of life and each day is a new beginning so I will treat today as just that.

Well, I’ve only lost 1lb overall since the beginning of the year. Colds used to only last three days but this one went on for about ten and I’m a firm believe in eating well to keep up energy levels and fight infection,so lots of home made soups and comfort food in the form of hot puddings and custard. No excuses now, so today is my first proper fast day of 2016. So encouraging to read your posts and know I’m not alone.

MrsM2015 – congrats on the 10K walk. The beautiful thing about this WOE is you can have some treats in moderation without guilt. I know it is going to take me a long time to be able to do the ‘without guilt’ piece as well.

Galexinda – Not sure if the colds are stronger or I’m just older but I agree, they hang around a lot longer now a days. Glad you are feeling better and good luck on today’s fast day!

Week 2 Results
    Well I did break down and eat a couple of cookies last night (and a large handful of potato chips) so yesterday did not end up being a proper fast day. Lost 2.5lbs this week, down from 143 to 140.5lbs. This is my lowest weight in a while. Haven’t seen the 130’s in several years and looking forward to it although concerned I’ll plateau here like I do every year. Going to keep trying for 3 fast days a week!

Well done MrsM and Galexinda on losing 1 lb each – according to Michael Mosely this is the average weekly loss on this diet so keep it up! SkinnyMe – well done on the 2.5 lbs too – It’s great that on this WOE you can have your cookies and chips and not feel like you have sabotaged your whole week. I think a life lived without those yummy things occasionally would be pretty grim. And MrsM don’t beat yourself up about the wine and bombay mix – wine in moderation is good for you and there are also health benefits in spices – so all in all, not too unhealthy 🙂 You walked 10k! That’s fantastic! LIke you, I am also in this fo rthe health reasons – I have heart disease, type 2 diabetes and Alzheimers in my family and worried that I was certainly heading for type2 diabetes if i didn’t lose weight. But I have to admit that it’s the physical feeling of being slimmer that gives me the mental boost. I suppose that’s because you can see those results whereas you can’t see what’s going on in your heart and brain.

I am still trying new things and had Quinoa for the first time last night – I’d bought a packet of it mixed with brown rice and had it with a veg curry (not a fast day for me but would probably be a good fast day meal in small portions). It made the brown rice more tasty I thought but I don’t think I would eat it on it’s own.

Look forward to hearing how you are all getting on
    RD

Hi Everyone, just catching up a bit here. Jinty, glad to see you back. Congratulations and kiss those 4 lbs goodbye! JBz,same to you – 5 pounds in 2 weeks is a job well done. Galexinda and MrsM, you’re a pound closer to your goal, so keep it up! SkinnyMe, you keep racking up those good weeks and you’re going to be see-thru soon!

MrsM, I second Skinny and RD. There’s nothing wrong with a glass of wine and some bombay mix. Your life wouldn’t be as nice without them. If you feel you made a bad choice, fine, make a different one next time. Pick up and keep going. I find putting those little indulgences into my nFD eating plan helps; I had a small plate of nachos and a heap of fruit for lunch for about 600cals out of my 1700 for today. It’s all fine.

RedDog, quinoa entered my diet because my ex-BF didn’t like rice. Quinoa is low glycemic and gluten free. I find it tough to work into a FD meal because 1/2C prepared has 170 calories. If you want to experiment with it, though, try making the quinoa with stock rather than water and go wild with the herbs and spices – it can be paired with basil, thyme and oregano for Italian; or cumin, cinnamon and coriander for Indian or eastern Mediterranean. I’ve even made it with garlic, ginger and spring onion (as a rice sub for BF) with asian foods.

I’m getting ready for my last few FDs of January. Later this week I’m headed to the mountains to play in the snow with my extended family. No fasting for me! I’ll be back before my month-end weigh-in so still have incentive to keep to my TDEE. Good luck to all who are fasting today! ST55

Oh, and Mrs Pepperpot, if you’re lurking, know that I am thinking about you in these hard days. ST55

OK hi everyone. At my desk on the first morning back from the cycle trip. Cycled over 90 miles in 4 days, but did not control my eating – there was a lot of food and wine as part of the tour. I just got on the scales and I have gained 4.4 pounds – I cannot believe it. I honestly thought that with all that hard exercise I would have lost weight a little bit at least. I feel so depressed. I honestly feel utterly useless this morning, instead of being proud that I completed the journey. Nothing for it but to continue to plod away, knowing that I have taken myself backwards one month again.

Oh littlepea,
    Don’t be depressed. You have probably gained muscle which is great, as muscle burns calories and fat..does nothing except wobble! It is an amazing feat to cycle 90 miles, so chin up, be proud and think of those wonderful muscles.

The scales are a poor measure of success.Look up on the internet at a 1lb of fat to 1lb of muscle and you will see that muscle is great, takes up less room, tones, makes you stronger and look slimmer too.

Throw away the scales(put them away for a fortnight) try on your clothes once a week and ‘see’ where you are shrinking. Focus on a smaller waist(less visceral fat-the stuff that will kill us)as a true indication of success. But most of all stand tall, be proud and think of what a wonderful achievement you have.

Little pea that is a wonderful achievement cycling like that, I could not do that at all. So you put weight on. Think about the fitness and strength of muscle. Annette is right, put the scales away and find an article of clothing to try on instead. Tomorrow is a new day. X

Hi Littlepea, welcome back. Don’t get too discouraged. Hopefully you had a good trip, an enjoyable time, and created some lovely memories on the ride. Cycling is good exercise (rule of thumb, burns about 50cals per mile) and maybe you could keep riding some to send those 4 lbs. packing? Pick yourself up and get back on track. As a poster said on another thread…just mind the slippery sections! Are you fasting today? If so, good luck. ST55

Thanks everyone – your responses mean so much to me. Was sitting at my desk feeling so down on myself and you have helped enormously. xx

And yes I will fast today, I think. Wouldn’t hurt, right? I mean the first day back at work is pretty hell anyway!!! Your encouragement means so much to me.

That’s the spirit! We’ve all been there, all done it and all had to pick it up and run with it again! Off we go again. X

Hi little:

This might cheer you up and give you hope: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/easy-on-easy-off/

Good Luck!

Just remember that weight is a poor indicator of success. Look to the waist and remember that you cannot outrun (out cycle) your fork!

simcoeluv, that has given me huge hope!!! Thank you! Thanks all of you for stepping in on my morning of despair. So appreciative!

I was the slowest in the cycling group because I am new to it and was nervous of the bike and it appears I was the least fit as I was pushing slowly up the gradual hills (they weren’t massive hills). I have had a lifetime of being “the worst at sports”. i felt like the runt of the litter in the group and really felt low in confidence and there were silent tears a couple of times on the trip. So to come back and have a weight gain was hard. Anyway, I have decided I have a project this year. From Runt to Grunt! The same group are planning additional hiking and cycling trips and dammit if I’m not going to be keeping up with them in future. So I am plotting a quiet training programme where I just run and cycle up all the hills around here until it’s easy. And I WILL reach my weight milestones – having 10 kilos less to push along will really help!

Go get ’em, little pea! We’re all with you. ST55

Morning from Oz everyone. Well done LittlePea on the epic bike ride and I agree with everyone about muscle gain weighing more. Also, I think I read somewhere – that your body will retain water while it’s building those muscles.

I also was the worst at sports at school so know where that feeling comes from – and if you are the slowest in a group, you always get the shortest breaks. People wait for you and then, when you catch up, they set off again at a cracking pace having had a nice break while waiting for you. So you never get to have a proper break yourself and so you get slower still! A vicious cycle if you pardon the pun 🙂 Don’t know if that happened on your cycling trip but it’s happened to me often on both cycling and walking trips. Having short legs never helped me on hiking trips either – I tried to explain I was doing twenty steps for every 15 of theirs so working much harder! And as you are new to cycling you probably aren’t as used to using the gears efficiently up those hills, so will also be working harder than the others.

So you should be very proud of yourself for actually doing far more work than the rest of your companions!

Good luck with the fast and going back to work!

Thanks Simcoelove for the post – makes a lot of sense!

I completely agree with simcoelove – I think the reason I lost a lot in the first week was because I gained that weight in the last month.

LittlePea – Great work getting back on the fasting schedule! Congrats on 90 miles of biking, that is amazing!

Thank you again everyone. I couldn’t quite handle a fast day yesterday with everything coming at me and also having a client working with me all afternoon and wanting to serve them food, but am doing fast day today – will eat nothing until dinner time. I do promise I will soon put away the scales, but I wanted to check this morning out of interest (based on the info/thoughts you’ve been sharing here) and I am 1.5 lighter overnight. So I think you are right about that quick weight coming off again quickly. However on the other hand when I went away I was 61.5 kilos and now I am 62.7. Anyway, I will quietly plod away at this henceforth. I probably need to set new milestone goals:

End of January 61.5 kilos
    By 17 February (when I go to US for work – another huge challenge for me and the 5:2) 59.4 kilos i.e. within healthy weight BMI range
    By end of trip still only 59.4 kilos
    By end of March 57.5 kilos
    By end of April 56 kilos
    By end of May 54 kilos (this would be the lightest I have been in 15/20 years)
    By end of June 52 kilos (that would be a dream).

I went for fast 3 km walk/run over hilly streets yesterday evening.

Good luck for today everyone.

I have good news and bad news! The bad news is that I decided to cheat. I’m traveling to meet family the end of this week and into next, so there will be feasting but no fasting. I’ll get back on track with 4:3 when I return before the end of January. But I thought it would be informative for me to know what I weigh before and after the trip, even though I said I would only weigh at month-end. So that’s the bad news. The good news is that I weighed in at 131.2, so more than 5 lbs gone so far! I will not, however, be doing the official “penny in the wine glass moving ceremony” until the end of the month. ST55

That’s an inspiring weight loss ST55. Well done! Look forward to watching your progress when you return from your feast!

Proud to report that I kept completely to the fast day today and didn’t eat until dinner (fish + spoonful of hummus + coleslaw) and before I ate went for a 6km run/walk and swim.

Well done littlepea and everyone else. I did a fast day on Monday and ate relatively lightly Tuesday/Wednesday. I had courgetti last night but think I ate too much and I felt a bit queasy afterwards…Today is a fast day but I think I need to eat something as I feel a bit light headed. So impressed with how everyone is doing. I think we must all remember that it’s not just the scales, as lots of people have said, but it’s also fit of clothes. Despite relatively meagre weightloss I can see the difference in my clothes and belt notches which is definitely part of it. Onwards and upwards (or downwards…)

Happy for a successful fast day yesterday. Had around 300 calories during the day and wasn’t hungry at night so skipped dinner. Yay! That makes up for ‘cookiegate’ last Sunday (broke my fast by eating cookies).

For those of you not in North America there currently is a reality show ‘My Diet is Better than Yours’ where overweight contestants work with various diet creators to lose weight. A bit ago they had ‘cookiegate’ when one of the diet creators told her contestant that she could have some of a cookie and basically no foods are completely off limits – the contestant was devastated, couldn’t do it and actually dropped that diet plan. I really love that our WOE allows us to have cookies sometimes without guilt!

ST55 – 5lbs is a great loss and well over the 1lb/week average! So close to the 120’s, I am very excited for you!!! Enjoy your vacation and we’ll be here waiting to hear from you. The nice thing about a 10 week challenge is that it can accommodate a week’s vacation.

LittlePea – glad to hear about the 1.5 lbs disappearing overnight even without fasting and your successful fast day. I bet that 4lbs will all be gone (except maybe 1/2 lb muscle gain from all that cycling and walking) in the next couple of days.

MrM2015 – you are correct it isn’t all about the scales although I do have to admit I weigh myself each day. For me it keeps me on track as I know I will be weighing in the morning – I found I am a bad procrastinator with weekly weigh ins and would postpone trying to drop weight until the day before the weekly weigh in. As you can imagine that really didn’t work out well. 😛

Happy fasting everyone!

Mrs M – great news that you are starting to feel your clothes fit better. I haven’t yet had that awareness but am looking forward to it.

SkinnyMe – you are right! Overnight after the fast day and exercise I have lost another 2.2 lbs which makes 4.4 lbs all up in two days! I’m back to where I was pre biking/wolfing down glorious food trip.

I can’t believe this actually!

Normal day for me today but will aim to get in my 2km minimum exercise.

I meant to say RedDog (about being slowest in group/worst at sports) you totally hit the nail on the head in your earlier post! Thanks for getting it.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply.