Can someone help me?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• I’ve been on the 16/8 for about a little over 2 weeks now & just finished my first ever 60 hour water & blk coffee only fast, Can I do this 60 hour fast every weekend in addition to my mon-fri 16/8 schedule or wld that be too much for the body & make me lose muscle? I hurt my elbow a few weeks ago so have not been able to lift & it’ll probably be another few weeks till I can get bk into it so I figured this IF & cardio wld atleast help me shed some fat in the meantime. I been also doing the keto as well but I usually can only get down to about 60 grams of carbs a day. I usually eat about 2000 cals a day through 2 meals but through jogging burn off 500 of them. Does this sound like a do-able & worthwhile diet plan. I’m 6’2 and about 245 now. I was about 299 in february but lost a lot due to stopping drinking (beer) & weightlifting & eating better. I lost most of the weight just lowering my calorie intake down to about 1000-1600 cals a day and that was w/ carbs probably about 100+ grams a day which also confuses me since on keto I’m only supposed to eat about 40grams of carbs a day. Can anyone help me out w/ these questions PLEASE???

Hi,

What you are doing is 5:2 as you are fasting for 2 days per week ie from Fri night to Mon morning and using a restricted eating window on the other 5 days. If you are happy doing it that way and it is working for you that’s fine but you need to ensure you aren’t consuming too many calories on the 5 days and if I were you I would ignore “exercise calories” as losing weight is 95% caloric restriction and 5% exercise.

I follow 16:8 on non FDS and many other do the same as it helps control calorie intake and gives out bodies a 16 hour fasting period every day.

I can’t answer your keto questions but I’m sure someone else can.

Good luck.

So is 2000 calories before cardio too many. Being a man that is 6’2 what should be my caloric intake to not lose muscle. For example today I had 36 grams of carbs, 175 grams of protein & 135 grams of fat & the total calorie value was 1,955. But I did 505 cals of cardio. What’s best?

If you click on resources at the top of the page and enter your details it’ll calculate what your calorie intake on a non fast day should be. I suggest you enter sedentary as your activity level as we all tend to over estimate how much exercise we do and as I suggested in my previous post exercise calories are best ignored.

Hi, Viking. It is not the calories that lose or gain you muscle — it is what you do [targeted exercises] and what you eat [protein] that makes the difference. The 2000 calories on Slow Days might be too much, or not — as Amazon says, calculate your TDEE to find out. Ignore the calories burned by exercise in your daily calculations, rather than saying ‘Oh I burned 500 calories so I can eat an extra 300 calories and still be ahead of the game.’ Doesn’t work that way.

I have lost weight yet gained muscle strength and mass by doing the exercise part and making sure of my protein daily.
    Good luck.

Well how many calories should I take in per week day M-F then ? I do the cardio 5 days a week and rest on the weekends. What would you reccomend then???

Ok. Thanks again. So I did the 3 standards and it calculated that my BMI;=32.1, My BMR;=2124cal & My TDEE; is 2920cal. So to lose fat fast is it okay to eat about 1800 cals a day amd burn off close to 400? Is that safe & is 2000 still too high to eat anyways even if its mostly protein, then fat is a little less then the protein percentage & further around a little less that is the carbs about only 60 grms of carbs or less.??? Please Help. THANKS AGAIN.

Ok. Thanks again. So I did the 3 standards and it calculated that my BMI;=32.1, My BMR;=2124cal & My TDEE; is 2920cal. So to lose fat fast is it okay to eat about 1800 cals a day amd burn off close to 400? Is that safe & is 2000 still too high to eat anyways even if its mostly protein, then fat is a little less then the protein percentage & further around a little less that is the carbs about only 60 grms of carbs or less.??? Please Help. THANKS AGAIN.

I’m kinda surprised at a TDEE of 2920 calories…. Did you enter the weight you WANT TO BE or the weight you are NOW? I just now used the top-of-page calculator [under resources], using your current weight and got a TDEE of 2700+ .
    Any how, to answer your question: Do two Fast Days at 600 calories/day. The other days, eat 1800 calories per day. Don’t worry about what you burn off in exercise, as it is not part of the equation. This will be perfectly safe. I don’t bother with the protein/fat/carb percentages as long as your calories work out. Of course you will eat protein, we all need it. Go low carb on Fast Days, and reduce/eliminate Simple Carbs on all days. On Fast Days, when I calculate, I’m getting about 60 g carbs/day.
    Hope it helps.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.