Calories in veg raw & cooked

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
Calories in veg raw & cooked

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  annabelle90 10 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi,
    I’ve been doing the 5:2 diet for a few weeks now and getting results!
    I usually have fish and salad on my fast days but as the weather is so miserable today I wanted something warming so have made a veggie stew – I have weighed and then entered all my veg in to my calorie counter app – and have cooked it in 1 cal spray, it has made loads! Like a good 4 portions but the whole thing is only 450 calories. My question is when I entered all the veg in my app I did it as raw on the weight e.g 100 grams of raw Aubergine. Do vegetables when cooked contain more calories? (They have been cooked as I said in a few sprays of 1 cal spray and a can of chopped tomatoes and done extra water)
    Any one know?
    Thanks
    Anna

annabelle 90, you are figuring out the total number of calories in your stew correctly. Sometimes there is a different calorie number for veggies raw vs. cooked because they lost water during the cooking, or were cooked with fat, but in a veggie stew you do not need to worry about that, as long as you are adding up the calories from all the ingredients you will get the right total. Sounds yummy! Enjoy!

Thanks so much for clarifying!
    I ate the whole lot! But at under 500 cal guilt free….I’m going to make it a fast day regular I feel so full now!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.