Calorie intake now 800 for everyone on the 2 fast days or still 500 for women?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Calorie intake now 800 for everyone on the 2 fast days or still 500 for women?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Paw 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hello I am just starting the 5:2 diet. A litle confused on the calorie intake on the 2 fast days for women. Attended Michael’s recent tour and think he said now 800 for everyone. Please can someone confirm?

Michael’s tour is promoting his fast800 diet which is not the same as the original 5:2 diet which was 500 calories for women twice a week and normal eating the other 5 days.

I’ve read the new book which suggests 800 calories on fast days, following a Mediterranenan style diet and kick starting things by eating 800 calories every day for 8-12 weeks.
    For those who don’t want daily restriction he suggests a minimum of 2 days per week eating 800 calories.

It’s really up to you what you do.

Paw, in 2013, Michael said 600 cal for men and 500 cal for women. [my husband and I did 600 cals both. the heck with sex stereotypes!]
    Now, in 2018, Michael is saying that if you can’t hack 600, it would be OK to do 800, no matter your sex.

After almost 6 years, my husband and I still Fast 2 days/week: <300 cal at breakfast, <300 cal at dinner, and some food in the middle [cheese or milk for the Calcium; figs for regularity] so we are probably 700 cal on a Fast Day. But we are Maintaining, so it works for us.

Try 600. Try 800. do each fro 2 weeks and see how you handle it and how much weight you lose. These are guidelines, Paw. Make them work for you.

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply. Helpful

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.