Calling 25-30 year old girls

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Calling 25-30 year old girls

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cat235 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi

I was just wondering how many girls in this age category are doing it and how they are finding it? I am 26 and have been doing it for a couple of months. I have lost a little but not as much as I’d hoped. This might be because I am overeating on rest days. Also I am now concerned about the fertility issue I read in Glamour magazine though I keep reading things that say there isn’t enough evidence.

Thanks

Hi Tara24 🙂
    I am 27, but am only on my third fast day with no weighing or measuring update so I can’t give too much feedback on my progress. I think I might be feeling a bit less blobby, and the lady I live with thinks I look slimmer. I am trying pretty hard though to give myself the greatest chance of improvement come weigh day next Monday. I have been counting my calories in all days, and averaged around 800 – 900 last week. On my fast days I stuck to under 500 and on my other days I always ate more than 1200 but I am exercising consistently as well – some longer slower, some short sharp HIIT, and weights.
    Have you measured yourself as well as weighing? From what I have read on here many people notice more of a difference in measurements. The fact that you are losing is awesome though anyway – even if it is not as much as you had hoped – congrats 🙂 perhaps losing less with a plan you can stick to for longer is better than a lose- fast plan that survives only one month?
    All the best xx
    Oh, and I am not trying to get pregnant so can’t comment on that. I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere I have been investigating.

Hi girls.

I’m 25 and a size 10. Really want to get to a size 8. I’m only 5’1 so can easily look quite dumpy. I’ve only done 2 fast days but am aiming to eat around 1200 calories on non fast days. Also trying to exercise 4 times a week.

Going to weigh myself on sat. Will keep you updated:)

Larna

I’m 30, have been using the diet for about a month to lose a rather stubborn 10 lbs. I’m over halfway there, so I’m pretty happy with that! I wasn’t overweight to start with, but wanted to slim down a bit before (probably, hopefully) losing my figure to pregnancy next year. I wanted to chime her because it does sound like two of you are perhaps over-restricting on non-fast days. While it’s important to not overindulge on the non-fast days, you do need to eat a “normal” amount of food, otherwise you’ll run into the usual dieting problem of a metabolism going into starvation mode. I would STRONGLY suggest making sure you are eating an adequate amount of food. If you’re young, active, and sticking to the 500 calories on fast days, you should be able to lose about a pound a week while still eating 2000 calories or so on the non-fast days. Just make sure it is lots of the good stuff (fruit, veg, protein, good carbs & fats)

As far as fertility goes, I’m not too concerned as I am still eating plenty on the non-fast days, have a reasonable weight target, and (most importantly) am still ovulating regularly and getting my periods. If my periods seem to be tapering off I’ll stop for sure. I will also definitely go off the diet once we start TTC later next year though as it’s not recommended for pregnant women.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.