Bruce's Fasting Journey

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  diverdog 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• I did my second fast day yesterday. I followed my plan to get in two fasting periods of ~19-20 hours. I started a 6:30 the night before and ate one meal at 2:30 PM. I had a bison burger (no bun)and 3 cups of vegetable soup totaling about 550 cal. I was not hungry in the morning at all and made due with black coffee. I did 20 minutes of easy pedaling on the bike at 12:00. I did get hungry about 6:00 PM and was very tempted to eat but I stuck it out and did not. I went out dancing for 2 hours and felt fine. Drank lots of water. I slept well with the exception of getting up to pee 3 three times! Drinking a ton of water at night is not a good idea for a 64 YO man! LOL
    No headache in the evening this time.

I’m drinking my coffee @ 9:30 AM PST and thinking about what I’m going to eat for breakfast.

Had a good day today. ate my first meal at 10:00 AM and last a bit later than I wanted to at 8:00 PM. Not counting calories today but I’d say around 2500. Had a good lower body weight work out, KB swings, leg press and calf raises. Tomorrow will be fast day #3. I’m timing my fast days as off days from intense exercise and that works out to 5 days in a 2 week period

Third fast day yesterday. First meal was at 2:00 PM. Lean ham and home made veggi soup. I went dancing in the afternoon for 1 1/2 hours. Then off to a Memorial day party in the evening and man all that food was so tempting! I had a very small portion of chicken kabob and about 2 oz of red wine. I think I went a bit over my 600 calories but I’m proud of not pigging out on all that amazing food available to eat.

Today is a regular eating day and I have a upper body weight workout and a dance lesson scheduled for this afternoon.

Fourth fast day today. I had a meal at 11:00 PM last night so my fast started later than usual. Coffee in the morning. Ate my meal at 2:00 PM. Egg whites and onions scrambled with grass fed butter, a bowl of homemade veggie soup and 1/2 oz of macadamia nuts.

I did 20 min of easy pedaling on the spin bike before eating and 1 1/2 hour of dance instruction in the evening. I wasn’t really hungry this evening but food odors were very tempting!

Fifth fast day yesterday. I had a meal at 8:00 PM the night before. Coffee in the morning. Ate my meal at 2:00 PM.For ozs of lean ham, a bowl of homemade veggie soup and 1/2 oz of macadamia nuts. I think this is only about 450 calories. (not sure exactly how may calories in the veggie soup)

I did 20 min of easy pedaling on the spin bike before eating and 1 1/2 hour of dancing in the evening. I was really hungry this evening but it passed eventually and I didn’t eat anything!

Sixth fasting day yesterday. Coffee in the AM had my meal at 4:00 PM 5oz Bison burger, bowl of veggie soup and 1/2 oz dark (85%) chocolate. I think I need to back off on the coffee a bit though. I’m going to stop it at 12:00 noon and drink water for the rest of the fast day.

20 min easy pedaling on spin bike in the morning. 1 hour dancing in the evening.

Two week results down 4.6 lbs 1″ off my waist. 25% of my goal fat loss in 2 weeks is awesome. I’m very happy!

Well done!!

That’s great progress.

Seventh fasting day yesterday. Coffee in the AM had my meal at 2:00 PM 6oz Bison burger, bowl of veggie soup and 1/2 oz macadamia nuts. I’m getting used to this routine and I like it. It has given me discipline and shown me that I can go without frequent meals. I’ve been trying to compress my eating schedule on NFD’s as well.

20 min easy pedaling on spin bike in the morning. 1 1/2 hours dancing in the evening.

My pants are definitely looser!

8th fasting day yesterday. Coffee in the AM had my meal at 2:00 PM 5oz Bison burger, bowl of veggie soup and 1/2 oz macadamia nuts. I wasn’t real hungry in the evening but I wanted to eat. I was cold for the first time when I went to bed but warmed up eventually.

NEAT was 20 min easy pedaling on spin bike and 15 min of walking in the evening.

9th fasting day yesterday. Coffee in the AM had my meal at 2:00 PM 5oz grilled chicken, bowl of veggie soup and 2 oz avocado. I wasn’t real hungry in the evening but I wanted to eat.

NEAT was 20 min easy pedaling on spin bike and 15 min of walking in the morning and 1 hour of dancing in the evening.

Today makes 3 weeks on 5:2. I’m down .8 lb and 1/2 % body fat this week for a total of 5.4 Lbs Tracking weight can be tricky as I was down another 1.4lbs but up .9% BF earlier in the week. Hydration, a good BM etc can cause fluctuation of a couple of lbs. As long as the trend is downward I’m a happy camper.

10th fasting day yesterday. Coffee in the AM had my meal at 4:15 PM 5oz grilled Bison, bowl of veggie soup and 1/2 oz 85% dark chocolate. I wasn’t real hungry in the evening but I wanted to eat. this is getting to be a normal pattern for me.

NEAT was 20 min easy pedaling on spin bike and 15 min of walking in the morning and 1 1/2 hour of dancing in the evening.

11th fasting day yesterday. Coffee in the AM had my meal at 2:30 PM egg whites scrambled with onion in grass fed butter, 1/2 avocado, salsa and a sprinkling of feta cheese. It tasted so good!

NEAT was 20 min easy pedaling on spin bike and 15 min of walking in the morning and 1 hour of walking in the evening

I’m really getting used to this way of eating and it is becoming the norm for me

Today is one month on 5:2 for me. My goal is to loose 17 lbs of fat in 3 months.
    I’m 64 YO 5′ 10″ Starting weight 182.2 lbs, waist 37.5. Today 173.8 lbs waist 36.25.

Loss 8.4 lbs 1.25″. Clothes are feeling looser and I’m very pleased. I wonder if I can hit my goal in just 2 months?

BTW I tried 2 FD (#12 & 13) in a row because I was overly generous on a couple of NFDs. It wasn’t too hard to manage. The first one was a HIIT exercise day and I didn’t have any issues with exercise and fasting

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply.