Blood tests to assess results where can I get them privately i.e HBA1c?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Different approaches to intermittent fasting
Blood tests to assess results where can I get them privately i.e HBA1c?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bluecat799 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• HI all,

I’m not diabetic (I don’t think), but wanted a set of blood tests to take before a period of IF combined with low carb, to assess and see if it really is making a difference to me, on anything other than weight?

It would like my own little experiment. I think I would be looking to examine effects on my HBA1c, cholesterol and triglycerides. Does anyone know where I can get these done privately (I don’t think it would go down well, asking my doc for a group of blood tests when there doesn’t appear to be anything wrong with me when she is seeing seriously ill people!)?

Thank you in advance.

I think your being overly concerned about nothing. Just ask your doctor for some blood tests. Tell him your trying to eat more healthy and want to track if its having a positive effect. HbA1C is a long term marker, so probably need to repeat in 3-4 months. You might want to also have hsCRP done as well.

Bigbooty,

I don’t know where in the world Bingeingqueen hails from, but if she’s in the UK then her desire to go privately for unnecessary but interesting blood tests is to be applauded not discouraged! Our national health service, including our general practitioners, are overstretched and under-resourced and really really don’t need well people wasting precious time and money better spent on someone who is ill.

Bingeingqueen, there are quite a few private blood test providers on the internet, HbA1c is something you can do a finger prick at home and send off, but I don’t know about cholesterol.

Not discouraging BQ at all!! Im from Australia and any bulk billing medical clinic will do a blood sample for free. That’s where I have mine done. Just basing my answer on what is available in Oz. Not sure what the situation is in the IK.

Bingeingqueen, I get mine from Blue Horizon Medicals. They have finger prick tests available too which are a bit quicker as you get the results in just a few days.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.