Bi Polar Bear Here…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dinky 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• After a 4 year depression I have put on 4 stone, no exercise and often in bed just crying. I have been fighting these weight issues for what seems a life time as I know for sure diets do not work.

5:2 ? Well I started yesterday and wish to maintain this lifestyle for the rest of my days. When my mood is low its going to be really tough so in advance.. has anyone got any realistic ideas how to avoid eating my entire body weight in biscuits? !!

Hi Jude:

A hard one.

If you go to this link and go to the end of the text you will find this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet

“Because many anti-epileptic treatments are also effective for bipolar disorder, the ketogenic diet has also been suggested as a potential treatment for bipolar disorder.[63] Recently, two case studies were reported in which bipolar II disorder patients achieved remission on the diet and discontinued medication.[64] As of yet, no clinical trials have been conducted to assess its potential effectiveness.”

From a 5:2 perspective, you should not eat any carbs on your two diet days and on the other 5 you should try to eat as few carbs as possible.

Always consult your doctor with questions.

Good Luck!

Hi Jude: I hear what your saying, I have 4 stone to loose……again. I have been rather poorly for the past 2 yrs and have managed to put back the 3 stone I lost.

Yes I am a biscuit gobbler too when feeling low. So totally understand where you are coming from. Carrot sticks, celery and raw veg. have helped in the past. But going to bed with a book and a large mug of fruit tea helps too.
    Good luck

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.