Becoming disillusioned

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Becoming disillusioned

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  annette52 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I am now into week 4 and have lost no weight at all and gained 3 cms around my waist so am wondering where I a m going wrong. (My husband is in a similar position). I am 176 tall and weight 80kg – need to lose about 13kg
    We fast Mondays and Thursdays and stick to the 500 calories (600 for him). We also run 5k on fast days. The other days I have about 1800 calories a day going up to about 2200 on weekends(due to a couple of glasses of wine, eating out etc). I also run, cycle, swim, wight train, or play tennis etc most other days.
    Whilst I am doing this for health benefits as well, I am really disappointed that there has been no weight loss or my clothes don’t fit any better. Is the misery of fasting worth it?
    Any ideas where we are going wrong?

I understand that you are disappointed. Did you see the FAQ sections where there is a Q on that topic with some advice. Also find the tread in this forum with the title Managing expectation which I think is full of insight.

I notice you talk about misery of fasting. My advice is first start the change in life-style by training your ability to fast. Each fasting day try to push the envelope so you can eventually fast 24 h. Once you get there, fasting is not a misery. I was miserable when starting but 2 month later it was no big deal.

I hope you do not give up yet. Let us all know how you are doing

Thanks DrLL,
    I will look at that thread. To be honest, the fasting is only hard at work where I comfort eat to get me through the day. It’s fine in the evenings when I can exercise to get through it.

Tell me about it! I do sympathise, Suegozza. Like yours, my weight loss has been very, very slow. By last week, after nearly six months on the Fast Diet I had only lost 4 kilos and on a couple of occasions I had put the whole lot back on overnight. Weighing in yesterday before starting a fast day I had lost 4 more kilos. Would you believe two of them had reappeared this morning! Still, that’s a loss of 2kg, so mustn’t grumble.
    It sounds as though you are doing everything right in terms of both diet and exercise. It may be that you were already eating healthily before starting the diet and probably it was just a question of monitoring portions. I’m convinced that in cases such as this, including my own, the results are far less dramatic than for someone who has previously been stuffing themself with sugary, fatty things and suddenly switches to the good stuff.
    It can be relatively easy to stick to 500/600 cal if you happen to like green leafy and other low calorie veg and lean protein,especially if you have the time and inclination to turn them into soup which seems much more filling than salad.
    As I’m always telling myself, hang on in there. Although the weight and width are slow to change, you may find you have more energy and more stamina. I first noticed the difference when I (5’1″) found I could keep a steady pace with my 5’8″, long-legged, marathon-running niece without having to break into a trot.

Yes the weight may be slow to lose, but how many inches have you lost?
    I have been doing this for 28 weeks and thought that I should have lost 28 lb…but I have lost 23 lb. But if I include measurements of bust, underbust, waist, hips, thighs and calves…I have lost an astonishing 15″/38cms of me since January!!!!!!!!!!!I only found that out this morning.

3 of those inches in the last month when the weight has been up and down.

Biggest regret is that I didn’t measure my upper arms at the start. Bingo wings gone and sleeves are loose.

I found that using clothes is a great tool, helps you see when the back fat and muffin top are shrinking. Well done everyone.
    Remember it is a marathon and not a sprint!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.