bACk On THe TRucK!!! After falling off for 6 weeks

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
bACk On THe TRucK!!! After falling off for 6 weeks

This topic contains 32 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  dumpling 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

• Hi, I’m dumpy/ dumpling/ fat

For the last 6 weeks my kids and I ( and hubby who upped the mortgage to do this)
    Travelled to Japan for a night, then Paris where we met hubby who had been at a language school in France for the last 3 mths, then to the south of France for a week, then a cruise around the med, then back to Toulouse for a week, then England ( Kent where the floods were ) for 2 weeks, then Salt Lake City to see snow, then Disneyland, then Fiji for 3 nights then home last night.

We left end nov and there were Christmas chocs in the shop, now there are valentine chocs!!

It’s hard to be back…I have to say.
    But every good thing must end, and now it is back on the truck to get this 6 kilos I put on, off, and then some.

I’m 5 FT 7/8 ( I think I grew!) 88.1 kilo. I was 82 when I left. I had lost 7 kilos over many months and in 6 weeks, HELLO all back! But I know this way of life will help me lose them ( I was only doing it for 5 weeks before leaving and I had good results, before that I hadn’t eaten sugar for 3 mths and had only lost 2 kilos) so I am excited to see where my weight will end up after many months eating this way

According to bmi I have about 20 kilos to lose, I am a size 16 and would like to wear a 12 jeans.
    So I’m not as large as some, but I know that if I keep doing what I have always done, I will be.
    ( which is graze all day)

So on non fast days, 3 meals, no snacks, eat when hungry , stop when satisfied not bloated.
    Have treats but after a meal…not walking along the street.
    Have them as part of the meal, and just have one. Not the whole cake.
    And if it ain’t a meal time, then don’t put it in my mouth .

I noticed the French don’t walk and eat. ( although they smoke) they sit down to eat.
    They are average size 12. Didn’t see many people size 16 and above in Montpellier. Even new mothers were a size 10.. Grrrr

Anyway, just wanted a place to keep track of my weight loss.
    Please join me in the journey and share any tips you might have.

I was going to wait till I ‘ had salad in the house’ as there is very little food, we have to go shopping today, but I do still have frozen veg, and there is vermicelli and frozen cooked chook I left for when I got back, so I’m starting today with a large stir fry for lunch
    And will use some of the lentil recipes in the book, as I have dried / canned stuff available too for dinner.

No excuses!!!!
    My body deserves to shed this duvet ASAP

Bring it on.

6 kilos be gone…and another 10… Get lost too.:)

Hehe dumpling, love your story! Welcome back home! I feel with you! When I am abroad, it is hard to go back home and face reality and the scale 😉

At the moment I am in Europe for two weeks and while I am trying to watch my calorie intake I wouldn’t be too surprised upon my return if I had gained some weight. But then hey I’m not in Europe every day.

Anyhow, good luck with getting back on the wagon!
    Stef.

Thanks, I hear ya!! I thought, when am I ever going to have another 10 choc au pains in one go?? Never…so eat up girl.

And I did.

We had a great time, and the weather bar England was very kind to us. So can’t complain…just whinging it is over, but hey, you can’t take debt with ya, so make some, I say
    😉

Enjoy your time away.

Oh, and we live in New Zealand, up the very top, an hour from the bay of islands.
    So at least we have come back to summer.

Your trip sounds wonderful! I live in France but my brother lives in NZ I also have relatives in Canada and Vietnam so my dream is to do a big round trip to see them all! Happy fasting!

Oh you must come out, its fantastic!!!

Do a round trip like we did.
    You will love it,

A good day, made some dahl recipes from the cook book. Froze them in portions
    Tried one with some cruskets , the red lentil, spinach and lime…yum

Hope you have a good Thursday

Welcome back dumpling
    Good to hear you enjoyed your holiday. Those kilos will drop quickly as you return to normalacy.
    It would have been a shame to spoil a holiday like that by worrying about weight.
    Good to see that you are just getting straight back into the swing of things.
    Well done.

Thanks ghostgirl, it was just impossible but i was keeping up with a few threads and seeing everyone having success so i knew i would be ok once home.

Thats a nice feeling to know there is a way out there that actually works!

How have you been?

Hello dumpling-
    Your mention of recipes has me interested. I guess I need to get the cookbook. I have been eating the same satisfying meal each fast day which is not my style. But salmon,salad and a veggie has worked so far. Red lentil spinach and lime does sound yum. I like hearing that you are back at it because it’s always so easy to try something-get some results but then let it go after a set back. That’s what I like about this-it works well when you’re doing it but you don’t have to do it every day all the time to get results. Must be middle of the night in your part of the world. I’m from the states.

Welcome home Dumpling, life is short , debt is long, fun is to be had at all costs. Have enjoyed your posts and who cares about the fall off the wagon. Good on ya, I say. Have been enjoying time over in the Coromandel and have not been too worried about fasting etc. The water is a bit colder this year but didn’t stop a bit of boogie boarding.

Fastnana i have the diet book as a kindle
    Im not one to use their recipes as I find them high in cals for the amount of food .i like a lot of food on fast days so use the foods with the least amount of cals
    When im ontheipad and not this blackberry will pop my fast daymenu up
    The key board is rubbish
    I want bulk food for my 500 cals

Its morning here we are 20 hrs a head of LA
    I miss america!

I miss having busy days!!

I miss seeingnew things!!!

Lizy the water at least is cool here, fiji has water of 32 deg, its like a bath, dumb!!! How you suppose to cool down?

Breakfast : glass water first thing.
    Herbal teas / water till 12.30 ( I can easily miss breakfast, sahm and no kids here now, as they are at school..so I laze around reading / watching tv so I don’t burn much!)
    And once I start eating I’m obsessed

Lunch : fruit smoothie
    50 grams frozen boysenberries 23 calories
    1 1/2 cups water And some ice, Blend till smooth and thick.
    Watch brain freeze

Afternoon : CHICKEN SALAD! with red wine vinegar as the dressing
    100 grams Grated carrot 34 cals ( use about half in the stir fry below )
    100 grams courgette 18 cals ( use about 3/4s in the stir fry below )
    100 grams Lettuce 14 cals
    100 grams tomato 20 cals ( one tomato)
    100 grams celery 8 cals
    100 grams cucumber 10 cals
    50 grams Mushrooms 8 cals
    80 grams cooked chopped chook ( cook a load and freeze in portions) 80 cals
    Salt and pepper and any other spices/ herbs you want to throw in
    Toss in a LARGE bowl, you would be surprised how much it makes
    More herbal tea/ water

When hungry
    DINNER: stir fry
    Soak in a bowl of boiling water 25 grams vermicelli 86 cals. For 5 mins, drain,
    A little red wine vinegar in the pan, with some chilli, ginger, dill and I like Moroccan seasoning, so a sprinkle of that
    Or anything you fancy. I recon 2 cals, if that. The red wine vinegar has no calories, well it has no info on the bottle!

Sauté in a frying pan :
    200 grams celery 16 cals
    100 grams mushrooms 16 cals
    100 grams frozen spinach ( about 3 portions) 25 cals
    100 grams bok choy for crunch 15 cals
    50 grams white or red cabbage 14 cals gives some peppery bite to it
    The rest of the courgette and carrot from the salad that was set aside for this very moment.
    25 grams kidney beans 20 cals, gives a different texture , great protein ( freeze the rest from the can in clip lock bags )

Once the veg is semi soft,
    At this stage add 1 tsp chicken stock dissolved in 3/4 cup hot water 2 cals ( use the vermicelli water if you want, as it is hot, and you have to drain it anyway)
    50 grams shrimp / prawns 30 cals*
    And add your vermicelli
    Give it a good stir, ( toss, if that isn’t a rude word)
    cover
    And finish off cooking
    Maybe 3 mins?
    You want the flavours to go through the noodles and shrimp and chook
    Taste and season.
    Plate up on a ‘ warm’ bowl (I hate cold plates!!)
    It’s like a Thai soup , with a broth. Makes 3 huge bowlfuls
    And absolutely enjoy

total up to now : 441 cals

* The prawns, if pre cooked, don’t need long to heat through. You don’t want them tough by cooking for a long time. If they are green, then cook for a few minutes.

Supper : Snack if hungry
    2 ( light) cruskits 34 cals
    http://www.arnotts.co.nz/our-products/products/cruskits.aspx
    25 grams full fat cottage cheese ( leaves you satiated more than low fat, your body needs some fat to feed your brain ) 25 cals
    Salad on top ( a little taken from chook salad )
    More herbal tea/ water.

Total 500 cals.

I tell ya, you are stuffed by the end of the night.
    A few times I haven’t finished the salad, or needed the crisp breads
    As it is soooo much food.

Hi dumpling
    I’d love to get back on the truck with you. I’m having trouble getting restarted from the Christmas new year break.
    I’m in Australia, about an hour south of Sydney, it’s stinking hot over here at the moment and the heat is doing nothing for my enthusiasm!
    I’m 5 foot nothing and weigh 89kg ATM down from 105. My husband just had a heart attack two days ago, which really should be inspiration for me to loose weight and get fitter and healthier so I can look after him easier (he’s a fair bit older than me)
    Anyway, I’d love to follow you and join you seeing as we are similar weights.

My best tip of the day is, the more water you drink the more you shrink!

All the best
    Ella

Ella that is a great tip!

Get in, get your seat belt on and which day this week ( you have 2 days left) will you fast?
    Even if it is 700 cals….it’s starting that will make all the difference.

Oh my goodness, your poor hubby and you!! I hope he is feeling better soon. At least if he cares to join you on the lower cal days, it will be beneficial to his insides. Let’s hope he wants too, and let’s hope you don’t turn to rubbish for comfort.

Turn to the truck instead.

We can fit it out like a Winnebago
    And have our own chef to keep us on track….

Hi dumpling,

Thanks for the encouragement, I’m fasting tomorrow – Saturday, I find it easier if I have nothing except coffee & water until dinner time.
    Time to ride the Winnebago ! Hubbie started fasting a few weeks before Christmas and he is hoping to get moving again once he gets the ok from gp (our gp is very 5:2 proactive). He’s very much on the band wagon of intermittent fasting. It’s too bad we didn’t get to it a few years earlier, we might have avoided all his troubles. Oh we’ll.

Tomorrow night The chef can cook me a Thai coconut curry with fish, green veg, Thai spices and coconut water instead of coconut milk – yum!

Faster for life
    Ella

I’m doing Saturday as well.
    The menu above.

We have a farewell pot luck dinner out…but will take the salad just for me.
    That way I don’t binge on all the food and feel bloated and if there is really something I want, I’ll take it home for tomorrow

Weigh day…

87.3. Down 800 grams and an inch and a half off my waist

I was very bloated on returning home…too much fried food, my stomach looked 7 mths pregnant,
    I think having 31/2 days of fasting ( thurs/Saturday last week Monday / wed this week…I failed about Wednesday night! Had some nice cream) with a lot of veg and salad ( menu above) has cleaned out my colon nicely.
    Just feel slimmer , even after a week, although sitting there are still rolls

I would like to be in the 70’s somewhere…have not been there since before 2007

Will see where my body wants to be….

2 weeks down 2 inches off waist..3 to go till I get back to where I was 8 weeks a go
    One inch off hips
    Weight 86.9
    1.2 kilos off. About 600 grams a week, I will take that considering friends came to stay for 5 days and I ATE

Started a book on Monday recording my weight at night and in the morning each day, and boxes that I tick at the end of the night to see if I did some trampolining, tabata on the exercise bike, if it was a 500 day ( or I put the rough amount ie 750 cals if I went a bit over) or if it was a non fast day with ONE small treat. ( not one whole cake)
    It’s day 4 and so far the book is helping me to remember I want ticks in it at night and to be more accountable

In a month I have a girls weekend from mates from Aussie coming, I want to lose as much as I can in that time, as I want to wear swimmers…and at the mo, my tummy is not looking good in swimmers.

How’s everyone doing?

Hehe…dumpling, great to see you back on the wagon! Seems like you are doing well! Thanks for your recipes, very useful.

Keep us updated!
    Stef.

Thanks mate!
    It’s hard, not going to lie. Seem to want cholocate continuously …hard to resist and a lot of times I don’t.

Chocolate IS very hard to resist! I hear you! I have some secretly stashed away and the other day I innocently opened a drawer and what do I find? A whole box of chocolates that I got for xmas and had forgotten about!
    I closed the drawer and just hope I can forget about it again…
    Stef.

I would have said ‘ thank you Santa!’ And scoffed the lot.

Hehe…I might..but then…I might forget…time will tell!
    Stef.
    P.S. Am on a fast day today…so don’t remind me!

Ok, schhhh!

😉

Bon soir Dumpy!

Bon retour parmi nous!

Wow – your sojourn sounds as if it was fantastique!
    I said before you went what a wonderful life enhancing opportunity for you and your family.

Don’t worry about the weight you have put back on; it would have been criminal to have fasted on so much as a minute of that experience.
    The weight always comes off easier if you have just gained it; look at all the folk losing their Xmas weight.

Get back up on the truck (we say Waggon) with the rest of us! It’s a big old truck but sturdy.

It’s a big old wagon…don’t you mean 😉

It would have been an arrestable offence if I hadn’t partaken.
    It’s the law…I had too!

Now I’m home it’s boriiinnnnng and eating seems to be something to do. Must change that mind set.
    I wonder why I hate ‘ feeling hunger’

I need to fill that feeling ( hunger) as soon as I feel it..weird.
    Maybe I need to see why?

Maybe I was starved as a kid!?
    And grazing all day is my way of not ‘ starving’

3 yrs on….getting back on the wagon!!!!

As of Monday. First fast day.
    Have worked out my menu. Going shopping tomorrow for a few things.
    93 kilos……see ya.

Don’t need all of you hanging around thanks !

All the best for your first FD in what looks like awhile! Isn’t it great that this is something to which we can return!?!?! Keep us posted on how things go!

Absolutely! it has been a little while you are right haha
    And yes will keep you posted.

Tell me a little about you.

Its summer here now, so salads etc are cheaper and easier to find.
    Even though Christmas is coming.. I feel calm, like ” all is well!!”

Hi dumpling! Given it is summer where you are, I’m guessing you are in Australia or New Zealand or South Africa? I live in N. NSW in Australia. I originally found out about 5:2 when ‘Eat, Fast and Live Longer’ aired back a few years ago. I was immediately attracted and wanted to start fasting straight away. Unfortunately a health condition and medication prevented me from this. I weaned from that medication in April of this year and felt well enough to try fasting. I started with 6:1 in late June which worked well so went on to practice 5:2. I shed 8 kg before reaching maintenance at the end of September. I’ve continued on with 5:2 for the most part since reaching maintenance because it allows me to eat extra food without the need to count calories. If I lose too much weight I can drop back to 6:1. I also have a history of binge eating and that has been a factor in my maintenance equation. I had a flare up and went over my goal weight upper limit by about 3 kg and am working my way back down again. I feel like the weight loss phase of 5:2 worked on me shedding physical weight and now since entering maintenance I’ve been compelled to work on shedding the ‘inner’ weight, the underlying emotional and psychological reasons that prompt me to emotionally binge eat. So 5:2 has been healing for me on many levels.

What a great journey you’ve been on sounds like it really worked for you I’m so glad
    it’s nice to hear success stories

last time I don’t think I did it for long enough I can’t remember now why I stopped because I did lose a little bit of weight maybe just life and I didn’t have a conviction that it would work full-time all the time but I think for me having 2 days a week where you totally detox by only really eating vegetables drinking a lot of water and herbal teas ( I don’t drink tea or coffee) can’t be a bad thing

I have also found Jon Gabriel to be excellent when it comes to cleaning out the inner you and also EFT or Tapping is another way to talk to your subconscious and to change it so if you haven’t heard of those things or person have a look and see what you think

yes I am in New Zealand I am way at the top.. 2 hours North of Auckland near the Bay of Islands we moved up here from Christchurch but for many years I lived in Sydney and my high school years were in the UK
    We immigrated there when I was 12 from Sydney as you do …not!!

But I was born in Christchurch but have more of an Aussie accent

At least that’s what I get asked in every shop I go into an open my mouth!!

Congratulations on achieving the weight that you’re happy with I don’t even understand that concept
    all my life I’ve been trying to lose weight and every year two kilos goes on I remember looking back at something I had written when I was 76 kilo and I wanted to be 65 kilo and now I’m 93 kilo and just would like to be in the eighties haha I wish I had enjoyed being 76 kilos more!

I’m not huge … size 16 2. 18 maybe but I would like to be more of a 12 especially as this past year I celebrated the big 5. 0 and ain’t getting any younger all the best though on your journey and let’s keep in touch

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply.