Back on the 5:2 after a 16:8 trial

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Back on the 5:2 after a 16:8 trial

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  atcgirl 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• SO I did 5:2 for six months and lost a stone. Was very pleased with that.

Then I started to plateau, so to shake things up a bit, I’ve been trying 16:8 for a few weeks. End result is that I’ve stayed at the same weight. So maybe it’s good for maintenance long term, once I’m back nearer to a healthy BMI, but for actually getting there it hasn’t worked out so well for me.

So today it’s back on the 5:2. Has anyone else come back to it after a break? What did you find? After a few months on it last time I was finding the fast days pretty easy, but am only halfway through day 1 (mark II!) and am struggling again, like I did at the beginning. Any tips for getting back into the right mindset, rather than starting out?

Hi Mog, I’m not much use to you because I’m new to this (two months in) and in such a different situation. But I am happy to give support!
    I’d say it is a really excellent thing that you haven’t put back on the weight you lost. How did your first day back on 5:2 fasting go?
    Re mindset, the trick will be how you can make it work sustainably, what tweaking can be done?
    How do you organize your Fast Day and when are the times it is hardest?

I have tried various methods over the past few months but find 5:2 is the easiest to do rather than worrying about eating windows. Having two fast days each week gives me more freedom of choice and if something comes up on a fast day then I just do it the following day so my social life has changed completely since I started in April.

Yes, it continues to be successful because I have also kept very close to my TDEE on other days and am still motivated.

I was on holiday in Asia over the Festive Period and as I didn’t want to deny myself the wonderful food out there, I did my own variation of 16:8. I had coffee for breakfast, fruit for lunch and ate exactly what I wanted in the evening. I maintained my weight and feel really healthy but I don’t think it is as effective as 5:2.

With 5:2 I eat exactly what I want 5 days a week and still lose weight. It is the mother of all diets!

I did 16:8 for 2 weeks over Christmas, I like to think it was the reason I only gained 2 pounds!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.